The Bridal Artistry Co. Reviews

102 | Hoboken, NJ

102 Reviews for The Bridal Artistry Co.

The Bridal Artistry Co. 1
The Bridal Artistry Co. 6
The Bridal Artistry Co. 7

Eliza M · Getting married on 12/29/2019

Loved Mariel!

Mariel and her crew did a wonderful job. They were very relaxed and "zen" during what was otherwise a hectic morning and she was very open to my input about how I wanted to look. I had a particularly tough situation in that all of my photos were at night and/or indoors (winter city church wedding), and I thought the makeup transitioned really well without looking thick and gross in the few photographs that we did get in natural light.

Sent on 04/08/2019

Dara · Getting married on 10/04/2019

Mariel is absolutely the best in the business! You would be a fool not to use her for your event! She did makeup and hair for a wedding that I was in and not only myself but the bride and other maid of honor looked absolutely flawless. Our makeup lasted all day and the HD products she uses makes the pictures look unbelievable! She was on top of time management the morning of without rushing and created the look we all desired! Even while I was sweating on the dance floor my makeup continued to stay throughout the entire day. She also is extremely fair in price, after looking at other venues prices there was no comparison to her reasonable prices for both hair and makeup. If you want the best makeup and hair for your wedding day, you would be crazy to not hire her!!!!!

Sent on 09/21/2015

Sara Bosco · Married on 02/15/2019

Awesome hair & make-up!

Mariel is awesome. I really wanted a natural look and was so nervous about being able to achieve that while still looking like a bride. Mariel nailed it. She was able to exactly re-create the look we agreed to in the trial and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend to anyone!

Sent on 04/12/2019
  • Erin

Erin Steinberg · Married on 02/09/2019

Everyone looked beautiful!!

Mariel was AMAZING. I felt comfortable with her from the moment we met for my trial. She was quick to reply to my original inquiry email, asked for a few photos and made the process simple and easy. I was very happy with the trial, but did ask for a few changes, which she easily agreed with. She was attentive and provided an organized schedule a few weeks before our wedding day-- one less thing that I had to worry about. On our wedding day, the team was great!! They were on time, organized, clean and prepared. My mother, MIL, Aunt and Bridesmaids all looked beautiful. My hair and makeup looked even better than my trial. I received so many compliments on my own hair and makeup, as well as my bridal party. Everyone looked beautiful. I highly recommend Mariel, her team was fantastic and made my wedding day everything I'd hoped for!

• Tiffany

Tiffany · Married on 01/19/2019

Beautiful work and great attention to detail!

I couldn't be happier with my decision to work with Mariel and her team for my wedding day. I don't generally spend a lot of time thinking about hair and makeup, all I knew was that I wanted a simple, elegant look. Mariel captured my vision perfectly - for both the trial and the day of.

In the weeks leading up she gave great direction about picking the perfect lip color and was also really organized and accommodating when it came to adding more bridesmaids, moms, sisters, etc. to the schedule, making sure that we had plenty of time to make everyone look great. Overall, beautiful work and attention to detail - a really great experience - I would highly recommend choosing Mariel/Bridal Artistry.

Sent on 04/03/2019
    The Bridal Artistry Co. 8
    The Bridal Artistry Co. 9
    The Bridal Artistry Co. 10

Melissa Bevilacqua · Married on 12/31/2018

Wonderful to work with!

Mariel and team are wonderful to work with! From trials to the big day, her and her team were so accommodating, easy going and precise with their work. My makeup lasted the whole day!

Sent on 04/13/2019

Alyssa · Married on 11/23/2018

Thank You!

Mariel and her team were amazing and so easy to work with! From the trial to my wedding day, she was so easy to talk to and answered all of my questions. The day of, they came on time and really listened to what my bridal party wanted. We were incredibly happy with our hair and makeup! I cannot thank Mariel enough for making me feel amazing on my wedding day!

• Melissa

Melissa · Married on 11/16/2018

My Wedding Vision Turned Reality!

Narrowing down my search for hair and makeup wasn’t easy, there are so many great companies out there. But when I came across The Bridal Artistry Co, I was instantly impressed with their content and style. And when I reached out, my inquiry was responded to quickly by the owner, Mariel, with all of the information I needed. She made the process very smooth - we sorted out all the details of the contract over email and she traveled to me for the consultation, which was incredibly helpful given I was in the middle of a busy time with wedding planning. I loved my consultation with Mariel, I felt so comfortable working with her and knew she was going to make my bridal vision a reality.

The day of the wedding was seamless. Mariel organized the schedule and was flexible where I needed to make adjustments. She was right on time and did an absolutely beautiful job with me and my bridal party! I could not have been happier with the results, Mariel understood everything I wanted for the overall look and recreated my vision perfectly. She was flexible to stay as well and helped me touch up before I walked down the aisle. Better yet, it held up all night, and we did NOT hold back on the dance floor, or the after party!

I could not imagine my wedding day without all of the wonderful people who brought my vision to life, and want to extend a HUGE thanks to the Bridal Artistry Co for doing just that. I 1000% recommend Mariel and her team...they are simply amazing!!!

Sent on 04/07/2019
    The Bridal Artistry Co. 11
  • Michelle

Michelle Hickey · Married on 11/09/2018

Amazing experience working with Mariel and her team on my wedding day!

Mariel and her team were amazing to work with for my wedding! Mariel makes the hair and make-up trial so convenient, coming to your house on a date of your choosing. During the trial, she really took the time and had the patience to make sure my hair and make-up came out exactly how I had envisioned it. In between the time of the trial and the wedding, Mariel was always so prompt in responding to any questions that I had about the whole process. She also sent me wedding-day hair and make-up tips that were super helpful in getting all of my bridesmaids prepared for the wedding day. The morning of the wedding, Mariel and her team arrived on time and ready to go. She was so organized, creating a timeline for my many bridesmaids to get their hair and make-up done, which made the morning that much less stressful. Her team pulled off all types of looks to please my bridesmaids as well as the mothers, whether it was a more natural or glam look, updos, half-up, or all down. Her team was friendly, easy-going, organized, and timely - it was such a great experience working with them. I lovedddd how my hair and make-up turned out on the day of my wedding, I felt like a celebrity! I highly recommend working with Mariel and her team!

Sent on 04/24/2019
    The Bridal Artistry Co. 12
    The Bridal Artistry Co. 13

Sara · Married on 11/03/2018

There is no one better

Mariel is absolutely amazing! In my trial she was super helpful - she listened to all my thoughts/worries/questions/concerns and was extremely reassuring and so clearly focused on making sure I was going to look my absolute best on the big day. Also, I was incredibly impressed with how quickly she could change my look. When she first put on my eyeshadow in the trial I felt like the color was off. It took her ONLY FIVE MINUTES to completely change the color (didn't remove the make up or anything ). And it was spot on to what I wanted. This was the biggest reason I knew I had to book her - she was totally cool with my feedback, and then was a magician about the change. I knew then and there that she could handle anything on the big day - across the whole group.

Leading up to the day I kept having adding more and more people to my group getting hair/makeup done. With just a two week notice, she was able to accommodate everyone and was so sweet about each change.

When the big day came, she knocked it out of the park. My hair and makeup could not have been more perfect. She got my giant group through the whole thing on schedule. And my hair stayed in place ALL day, even through 2 hours of outdoor photos with really big gusts of wind. I could not believe it.

She's awesome. You'll be in great hands.

• Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 11/02/2018

Thank you!

Mariel was on time, patient and did a great job. Thank you so much!

Sent on 11/04/2018
    The Bridal Artistry Co. 14
    The Bridal Artistry Co. 15
    The Bridal Artistry Co. 16

Katherine · Married on 10/26/2018

Natural and beautiful

Finding someone to do my makeup for my wedding day was one of the more stressful parts of planning my wedding. I am not one to wear makeup and I wanted to make sure I looked like myself on my wedding day-natural, but the enhanced. Mariel made me feel so comfortable at my trial and completely understood my vision. When it came to my wedding she was the best! I felt like the best version of myself without looking like I had a face full of makeup on. Also, she was able to get makeup on my mother who does not wear any makeup and was very hesitant to get it done. She made her feel so comfortable and beautiful! Mariel is the best and I would choose her again every time!

Sent on 04/13/2019

Kristyn · Married on 09/22/2018

The team led by Mariel at The Bridal Artistry Co. was everything I could have hoped for and more! From start to finish, the service was flawless. We dealt with a pretty tight timeline for a morning wedding and Mariel orchestrated everything to perfection. I took one look in the mirror and a like a snap of her magic fingers, was transformed into a glamorous version of myself. I felt confident and chic. My bridal party ranged in ages from 3 to 76, and everyone looks spectacular! Her fees are fair and worth every penny. I highly suggest you book her and her team ASAP! xo

Sent on 10/09/2018

J · Married on 09/15/2018

Most Beautiful Version of Yourself

I am so glad I chose The Bridal Artistry Co. for my wedding makeup! I was very confused and torn about who to work with for makeup because beauty is such a personal thing and such a big deal for the wedding day... but as soon as I started chatting with Mariel, I was put at ease. Mariel is incredibly responsive, organized, and flexible - which made planning very easy. When we had the initial trial, Mariel's team (Jacqui for makeup and Tressa for hair style) came to my home and blew me away with their talent. I was IN LOVE with both my hair and makeup on the first try, which put me so at-ease for the big day. On the day of the wedding, I had a big group that needed beauty - myself, 8 bridesmaids, 2 moms and 2 grandmas - and The Bridal Artistry Co. handled the large group WITHOUT A HITCH! In fact, they even ran ahead of schedule! Jacqui, Tressa, Charlotte and Tara all did a fabulous job and the entire group looked the most fabulous I had ever seen them. I felt so beautiful and that really helped make me feel comfortable / calm my nerves down. I felt like I looked like the best version of ME, not just layers of makeup. The Bridal Artistry Co. didn't just satisfy my expectations - they exceeded them with flying colors. I would absolutely recommend this company to anyone, and would definitely use them in the future for any type of event!!

Sent on 10/18/2018

Brooke · Married on 09/08/2018

Perfect hair and makeup!

I had one previous hair and makeup trial before contacting Mariel and her team, and had a terrible experience (I looked nothing like myself), so it was such a relief when Tara and Charlotte totally nailed the natural, romantic look I was going for on the trial.

On the wedding day itself, they were on time, and actually finished my bridesmaids and female family members earlier than was scheduled, which I can't imagine happens often. They were super chill and fun to talk to, which was a great way to start off the day. My makeup stayed on the entire night and my hair (and the flowers in it!) was perfectly in place until it was finally time to take out all the bobby pins around 3am - couldn't ask for more!

Sent on 11/17/2018

Kara · Married on 06/16/2018

Mariel and her team were absolutely amazing. I got married in June, 2018 and my entire wedding party looked perfect. Her team produced exactly what each of my girls asked for and our hair and makeup stayed all day in 85 degree heat with high humidity. Every looks amazing in our photography! They were organized, on time, and honestly super fun to hang out with for 4 hours. We had 12 women get their hair and makeup done and despite that they were ahead of schedule for most of the day. Mariel even stayed an extra half hour to help me into my dress and fix my hair once I was in it. I can't recommend them enough!!

The Bridal Artistry Co. 17
    The Bridal Artistry Co. 18
    The Bridal Artistry Co. 19
    The Bridal Artistry Co. 20

The Bridal Artistry Co.'s reply:

Kara! Thank you so much for taking the time to write such an amazing review. My team and I had so much fun working with you and your bridal party on your wedding day. I loved creating your hair and makeup look, you were such a joy to work with. I hope newlywed life is nothing short of amazing :) XO Mariel

Emily · Married on 06/15/2018

I loved working with Mariel for my wedding. During the trial she made me feel very comfortable and really listened to the look I was going for. From the trial to the wedding day she worked with me to make any changes I wanted to ensure that I had the perfect look, and it was just that. The day of she was so organized and had made a schedule to get all my girls and my mother done right on time for the pictures. In the end, my makeup, hair and headpiece was more perfect than I could have imagined.

Sent on 06/30/2018

The Bridal Artistry Co.'s reply:

Thank you so much, Emily!! It was great spending the day with you and your bridal party. I hope your wedding day was absolutely perfect! Wishing you and your Mr. all the best! XO M

Charmainne · Married on 06/09/2018

Mariel and her team were an absolute pleasure to work with! From my initial contact with Mariel, I was immediately impressed by how responsive and professional she was. She made me feel at ease during my trial and made great suggestions based on her professional expertise, so that I had little to worry about prior to my wedding day.

On the day of the wedding, Mariel and her team (Tara and Charlotte) did amazing work with me and my bridal party. Between the three of them, they managed to make 9 women feel beautiful! Mariel and her team worked so skillfully to manage the time, while also making each woman feel like they're being taken care of.

I'm so grateful for you and your team's help that day! Your hair and makeup work made me feel confident and beautiful and I loved how my bridal party looked. You guys are exceptional and it really shows how much you care for your craft and your business. Thank you!!!

Sent on 08/01/2018

The Bridal Artistry Co.'s reply:

Thank you so much!! It was a true pleasure working with you and your closest friends and family. I am so happy to hear how thrilled you were with our services. When clients appreciate how hard we work at our craft it really means the world to me. Thank you for being so amazing, it was a honor to participate in your wedding day. All the best! XO Mariel

Briana · Married on 06/02/2018

Mariel and team were incredible. I was nervous about getting my hair and makeup done since I hardly wear makeup and couldn't do the trial until the week of. Mariel was everything you want in a makeup artist: she was friendly, flexible, on-time, organized, deciphered what I had a hard time explaining, listened to my feedback, and overall was incredibly pleasant to work with.

The Bridal Artistry Co.'s reply:

Thank you for such an amazing review, Briana! It was such a pleasure creating your wedding day hair and makeup look together. I am happy to hear how much you loved your experience in working with The Bridal Artistry Co. Congratulations to you! XO, Mariel

Kelly · Married on 06/02/2018

Being someone who doesn’t wear a lot of make-up, I was very concerned about finding the right mix between looking natural and adding something extra for my wedding day. I found Mariel and her team on a recommendation from a friend and they were nothing short of amazing! They were able to help me find exactly what I wanted! Dina, Corinne and Charlotte made getting myself (and my group of 9 girls) ready super easy and fun. All of my bridal party loved their hair and make-up and I got compliments on how great everyone looked throughout the night. I can’t recommend them enough!

Sent on 09/27/2018

Nicole · Married on 05/27/2018

Mariel and her team were the perfect choice for my wedding day. From our initial conversations over email to the trial to the big day, Mariel was a pleasure to work with. She was on time, friendly, responsive, and most of all she took the time to understand what I wanted my wedding look to me. I explained to her that I was nervous, since I had gotten my makeup and hair done before for events and had never really been happy with the results. I was so hopeful that I would be able to feel beautiful on my wedding day, and she fully came through for me and my whole bridal party. At my trial, Mariel took the time to look at pictures I had saved of what I was going for and she completely nailed it not only that day but on my wedding day. My hair and makeup also stayed perfectly the entire day. Would highly recommend The Bridal Artistry Co. for anyone.

The Bridal Artistry Co. 21
    The Bridal Artistry Co. 22

The Bridal Artistry Co.'s reply:

Thank you so much Nicole for taking the time to leave this review! I was so happy to work with you at the trial and on your wedding day. You are so sweet, and I am so happy to hear that you loved how you looked on your special day. Your wedding day photos are simply stunning!! Thank you for choosing The Bridal Artistry Co. to work with on your wedding day, it was a pleasure! XO - Mariel

Justine · Married on 05/20/2018

Mariel was the perfect choice for my Central Park wedding! Mariel was an absolute pleasure to work with. When I first met Mariel she took the time to get to know me and all about my big day! She really listened to what I envisioned for my “princess” wedding and she incorporated everything that I wanted. I wanted my makeup to look natural. I have very sensitive and fair skin, and I was so nervous that my makeup would look unnatural and caked on for my big day. Mariel perfectly matched my skin tone with the make-up and I never broke out! The day of the wedding Mariel got to the hotel before me, and she helped ease all my pre-wedding jitters. Mariel is professional, friendly and timely . My hair and makeup stayed on, even through a little rain and a very humid spring afternoon, all the way to the end of my reception. Everyone commented on my makeup and my pictures came out breathtaking. I would highly recommend The Bridal Artistry Co.

Sent on 08/03/2018

The Bridal Artistry Co.'s reply:

Justine, thank you so much for leaving such a thoughtful review! I am so happy we were able to make your wedding day princess vision come to life! It was such lovely day doing hair and makeup with you, I am sure you had a beautiful rest of your day in the city. Thank you so much for choosing The Bridal Artistry Co. it was a pleasure working with you! XO Mariel

Nadine · Married on 04/28/2018

Mariel and her team were awesome. During the trial the the stylists (Jackie and Corinne) listened to what I wanted and executed perfectly and effortlessly. They day of my wedding Mariel, and her team (including Jackie and Corinne) arrived at my house to style 9 ladies. They arrived on time and made sure we were on schedule to the min. Everyone with no exception complemented me on my hair and makeup. All the bridesmaid were happy and the pictures came out gorgeous. I highly recommend Mariel and her team if you want to feel absolutely beautiful on your wedding day.

Sent on 10/02/2018

Megan · Married on 03/10/2018

I wish I could give this team more than 5 stars! Jaqui did our makeup while Jessica did our hair for my wedding day. They’re so nice, professional, flexible, fun and talented! We all felt so comfortable with them and truly had a great day hanging with them while we got our hair and makeup done. I felt absolutely beautiful for my day and I know my girls did too. I am jealous of the next bride who gets to work with them.

Sent on 08/01/2018
    The Bridal Artistry Co. 23
    The Bridal Artistry Co. 24

The Bridal Artistry Co.'s reply:

My team had such a great day working with you and your bridal party. I am so happy that we have been with you and your gals through so many different events, weddings, and spray tans over the years. It is always so much fun woking with you and your family and best girlfriends. Wishing you and Russell a lifetime of love!! XOXO Mariel