The Brawley Estate Reviews

31 Reviews for The Brawley Estate

• John

John Hedley · Getting married on 11/03/2020

Wedding Reception

Our experience with Brawley Estate was absolutely outstanding. The staff was extremely proficient and worked overtime to ensure that everything was perfect.

Sent on 04/25/2019
  • Katherine

Katherine Breitenfeld · Married on 05/26/2019

Absolutely Wonderful!

The Brawley Estate is a wonderful place to have a wedding. Not only is it beautiful, but the whole staff at Brawley is amazing and made my day how it should be; perfect and stress-free. David is one of the best and really helped to be sure everything was just how I wanted it to be! One of my favorite things that the staff did for us was pack us a ton of extra food, and cake, to take back to our hotel room for the night! Everyone really cares about the bride and grooms wellbeing, making sure you eat, and have what you want to drink, and most importantly, have fun!

Sent on 06/19/2019

Liza · Married on 04/19/2019

Absolutely stunning venue!

As the mother of the bride we loved The Brawley Estate! The venue is so beautiful, the people went out of their way and the food was delicious! David is phenomenal at what he does always putting everyone at ease, during a stressful day! I had multiple people tell me during the wedding that the food and venue were beautiful and delicious!

Sent on 06/19/2019
  • Mary

Mary Nickles · Married on 11/10/2018

We loved being at Brawley! It was a wonderful experience! I highly recommend David, Brawley and La-Tea-Dahs!

David at Brawley and La-Tea-Dahs did everything they could to make this the exact reception that we wanted for our daughter’s wedding. They went above and beyond to make it a special, beautiful party!!! I highly recommend this venue!

Sent on 11/15/2018

Donna C Bruno · Married on 10/15/2018

Provided the Fairytale Wedding We Hoped For!

As the Mother of the Bride I wanted my daughter's wedding to be perfect and it was. David and his team took care of everything and went above and beyond. I was able to enjoy the wedding as they took all the stress and handled everything. People commented it was the best wedding they every attended, couldn't have asked for more! Thanks to David, Bekka and crew as they worked their tails off to make it happen. I would highly recommend this venue and David and team who are awesome!

Sent on 10/15/2018
  • Erin

Erin · Married on 06/02/2018

Can I give more than 5 stars?

Our experience was nothing short of absolutely perfect. Our wedding was a bit unique in the fact that we needed to reschedule, with a TIGHT turnaround time, due to Hurricane Florence making his presence on what was suppose to be our wedding day, September 15th 2018.
    David and his team at Brawley not only made sure that we got rescheduled (luckily there was a free Saturday still available this year!) but made it feel like it was "no big deal, let's do this" attitude. Every interaction I had with David left me feeling 110% comfortable, confident and EXCITED about our wedding day. As a first time bride, first time planning a large event, I needed help navigating the "process" as a whole. I had a million (and one) questions, and the promptness, professionalism and kindness I received back from him was ON POINT, every single time.
    The Estate itself, was stunning. We knew from the time we stepped foot on the property that it was perfect. From a small intimate wedding, to a large extravagant party....Brawley could make each perfect. So many location options for where you have your ceremony made it really feel like you could make your wedding exactly how you wanted it.
    I highly recommend the Brawley Estate to any bride looking to have the assurance that they will have a PERFECT, wedding day.

Sent on 11/18/2018

Cynthia · Married on 05/19/2018

Loved working with David in planning our son's rehearsal dinner at the Brawley Estate. The venue is beautiful and service top knotch! Would highly recommend.

Sent on 05/25/2018

Jessica · Married on 05/19/2018

Couldn’t have asked for a better venue or venue coordinator!! Always there to help out and answer questions, and they made my dream wedding come true!

Sent on 05/26/2018

Charlotte · event on: 12/05/2017

We attended a wedding at the Brawley Estate and were so impressed with this lovely venue that we arranged to host an annual Christmas dinner there. The event exceeded our expectations. David is meticulous about planning and prep and went out of his way to guarantee perfection! We received many compliments throughout the night on this beautiful location! Would absolutely recommend this venue!

Sent on 02/02/2018

The Brawley Estate's reply:

Thank you Charlotte. We loved hosting your group and look forward to working with you all again!

Kevin · Married on 09/16/2017

This venue was awesome. We looked at 10 different venues in the Charlotte regional area and this venue was exactly what we needed. Open, yet comfy cozy at the same time. The onsite commercial kitchen allows for a meal you'd expect at a 5-Star restaurant. Great Team!

Sent on 10/24/2017

The Brawley Estate's reply:

Thank you Kevin we loved working with you and your family! The event was so beautiful. Thank you for choosing the Estate.

Coleman · Married on 05/27/2017

A perfect venue with the perfect staff. Our entire weekend ran seamlessly and we could not have been more pleased with the event execution. The best day of our lives!

Sent on 06/29/2017

Mallory · Married on 05/20/2017

David was wonderful and very accommodating! He made sure our day was flawless! The estate was a perfect place for a wedding! You won't be disappointed with David and this amazing venue..... we LOVED it!!!! It was everything and more!

Sent on 07/03/2017
  • Vanessa

Vanessa · Married on 05/13/2017

You get what you pay for and a little bit more. This Whimsical estate by far was magical in every which way possible. I will never forget my wedding day and how I was treated like royalty. David the estate manager was a sweetheart and helped my mother set up some items despite having a busy day himself. He helped tell everyone where to go and stepped in as a wedding coordinator so we didn't run around lost. Because of him things went quite smoothly. I can still close my eyes and Swoon over walking that room with him right before I walk down the aisle. If you want pictures that you will cherish forever this place will provide you with the perfect backdrop. this place will provide you with the perfect venue to have your party in with air conditioning and no bugs. The great thing about David is he provides you with helpful ideas if you're confused or overwhelmed just ask David and he will help you with planning. I was able to go by the estate multiple times to look at it because my family was not able to go with me the first time and he was quite flexible.
    My wedding was May 13th 2017 and I look at my pictures almost every single day I'm practically obsessed with the Brawley estate!

Sent on 07/18/2017

Kacie · Married on 03/25/2017

The Brawley estate was the perfect old southern wedding venue I was looking for. They are reasonably priced and David will go out of his way to make your wedding day the best day ever. I wanted a small wedding with a "charleston-type" feel and this was perfect. Big porches, southern charm and several ceremony sites to pick from. All the set up and break down was part of the package. I highly recommend The Brawley Estate!!

Sent on 06/28/2017

The Brawley Estate's reply:

Thank you Kacie. We loved the opportunity to celebrate with you and your beautiful family.

Cindy · Married on 10/22/2016

Our guests and the wedding party at the Rehearsal Dinner were SO complimentary of the quality of the food and the service. Everything looked absolutely fantastic- very, very impressive on our special night!

Sent on 11/08/2016

Victoria · Married on 09/24/2016

Having our wedding at the Brawley Estate was a truly wonderful experience. Due to unexpected circumstances, we had to move our wedding at the last minute. To say that everyone at the Brawley went above and beyond is an understatement. David and Janet saved the day. They worked many extra hours to make our wedding dreams come true, and we are so grateful. They made ideas we mentioned in passing come to life. They could not have been more welcoming or accommodating! We had our rehearsal dinner, wedding ceremony, and wedding reception on the grounds. It was a perfect weekend! The grounds are beautifully maintained. The exterior of the home is picture perfect, and the arrangement of the space inside works wonderfully for the bridal party day-of. There are spaces for the bride, bridesmaids, groom, and groomsmen all to spread out and get ready. After the ceremony, David and Janet set up a table inside the house for my husband and I to spend a few moments together enjoying dinner. We had our ceremony under the pergola. There was plenty of room for our guests to be seated and to see the ceremony. After the ceremony, David and his team flipped the space to have sofas and seating out there. It was an awesome way to have a few spaces away from the dancing inside for guests to gather. The pavilion reception space is awesome! David and his team were flexible and creative in setting up the space to accommodate various table sizes, food stations, DJ, cake, and uplighting for the pipe and drape. Our guests were very complimentary of the event spaces, the food, and the staff. La-tea-das is a fantastic caterer - the food was delicious and the presentation expertly done! Janet and her team are amazing! We had our rehearsal dinner at the main house the evening before, and we loved it! The food was stationed throughout the downstairs of the house, and the tables were set up on the wraparound porch. Five stars simply isn't enough to say how happy we were with the Brawley Estate!!!

Sent on 02/26/2017

Melanie · Married on 08/04/2016

David was the dream in terms of planning this event with us. While it was not a wedding, the creativity and pro-level decor and suggestions were on point, appreciated, and loved.

Sent on 08/16/2016
  • John

John · Married on 05/15/2015

Our wedding turned out perfect. Could not have asked for a better day. Venue looked perfect and Paula was extremely helpful. I would highly recommend.

Sent on 05/24/2015

Ann · Married on 10/04/2014

Beautiful venue!!!! Staff very helpful ... Could not have been a better experience. They did everything they said they would.

Sent on 10/05/2014

Loved my venue! It was perfect and they were more than accommodating! Made my day very special

Sent on 08/17/2014

Bonnie · Married on 05/04/2013

This was exactly the atmosphere we wanted & the service and professionalism the day of our wedding was icing on the cake! I highly recommend this venue for your event!

Sent on 08/13/2013

Kyra · Married on 10/21/2017

The Brawley Estate was an absolute dream come true for our 10.21.17 wedding! My husband and I originally wanted to get married in Charleston but didn't quite have the budget to do so. So we decided to look for venues in the Charlotte area (my hometown) that fit our (or should I say, my) idea of "vintage Southern glamour" ;) When we toured Brawley, we fell in love as soon as we passed through its stunning iron gates. The setting had everything we had hoped for: a gorgeous historic home, a reception area large enough to hold our 150+ guests in one area (not spread out through several rooms in the house, which many historic estates have to do when they don't have a designated reception area), and sprawling grounds for our guests to stroll and mingle. Best of all, the estate is completely private when you rent it for the day, so we had the entire place to ourselves!

As far as the quality of service, David Klingel is the best of the best - he is a passionate, skilled wedding specialist who really knows his stuff. I felt safe and comfortable with him as our venue manager from the very beginning as he answered all of my many questions with thoughtful, caring responses. He recommended a team of incredible vendors for us, almost all of which we used. This was probably one of our best decisions because the vendors have a history of working together, allowing the final planning and set-up process to go smoothly. Brawley urges you to use their selected catering company La-Tea-Da's, which I would highly recommended for their incredible menu selection and commitment to high quality dining. Our guests raved about the food!

All in all, our experience with Brawley was simply magnificent - we could go on and on about the location, quality of service, setting, etc. Booking this venue for our big day was the best decision we could have made. You should definitely consider Brawley if you are looking for a gorgeous estate setting off the beaten path!

Sent on 10/28/2017

Charlotte · Married on 06/02/2018

The Brawley Estate is an amazing venue and I would recommend them over and over again. David is absolutely amazing. He has great experience and high-class (but not necessarily high-budget) taste to help guide you in decisions for layout, ceremony procession, table setting, etc. On our wedding day, David was there to greet us and popped in and out while we got ready to make sure everything was fine, but most of the day he was running around, coordinating vendors, setting up, etc.

The Brawley Estate is also absolutely beautiful. There are multiple locations for the ceremony that all give a unique experience. There are also limitless areas for beautiful photos. The rooms for the girls and guys are so cool. The girls side is pink and girly and the guys is darker with leather - very cool! There is even a little room with beautiful overlooking windows that the bride and groom can go to and enjoy a private moment and a bite to eat before the reception. It was such a special moment for us to have a minute just us on such a hectic day.

Sent on 06/14/2018

Colleen · Married on 05/26/2018

We held a fiftieth wedding anniversary ceremony and party at Brawley Estate. Both David and Janet were accommodating in every way, available for suggestions when asked but encouraging us to do things our way too. The result was the most fun I’ve ever had at a party. Our guests are still raving about the venue and the food and the service. Thank you for taking the pressure off of us.

Sent on 06/07/2018

Kaylee · Married on 09/10/2016

This house is GORGEOUS! Not only do they have the amazing historical home (which is where I chose to center my wedding) they also have a space for that more formal wedding feel where you can have all the special lighting and dance floor, etc. My favorite however, was the house! We had our ceremony under an amazing magnolia tree and our food and cake were able to stay indoors while my guests enjoyed the weather and ate on the porch and around the fountain. They seriously have the space to adjust your day to however you choose! LOVE!

Sent on 10/10/2016