The Boulders Resort & Spa Scottsdale Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2019 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2016 Winner

• Jessica
    Jessica C. Married on 02/26/2022

Highly recommend for events!

We could NOT have had a better experience. Of course the venue was absolutely stunning, but what really made our wedding perfect was Conference Services Manager, Erin Donovan. She was, by far, the MVP of the entire coordination process- To say she is professional, prompt, efficient, responsive, kind and amazing at her job is an understatement. She was an absolute blessing to work with (my whole family is now obsessed with her) and truly made sure we had everything we wanted and needed, going well above and beyond any expectations. This whole experience was an honest 10/10, and I HIGHLY recommend The Boulders as a venue to anyone looking to plan a beautiful and memorable event. Just make sure to ask for Erin! ;)
  • Kendal
    Kendal R. Married on 11/20/2021

Dream Wedding at Boulders Resort!

We had our dream wedding at Boulders last month! Erin Donovan was our on-site contact and she is a gem!! Boulders is very lucky to have her and she was so incredible at helping us plan, getting back to us so quickly, and hopping on calls as needed since we were planning our wedding from out of state. The entire team made us and our guests feel so welcome and executed our vision perfectly (+ we received lots of compliments on the food during dinner!). They were so prepared and I felt completely at ease the entire time. This is a stunning venue....our photos turned out beautifully with all of the desert backdrops. We had 85 guests at Promise Rock and then at Boulderview Room/Terrace for our reception and loved every second of it!

The Boulders Resort & Spa Scottsdale's reply:

Thank you so much Kendal, it was a pleasure to have you all, thank you for selecting us.. we hope to see you & Garrett in the future :)

Congratulations to The Redd's!
  • Kira
    Kira G. Married on 04/25/2021

Had my dream wedding with a dream team.

I had the best wedding ever and Erin and her team were amazing. They did everything that they possibly could to make everything perfect. The communication with details and who to work with was amazing. Erin, not only made us feel like our wedding was important, but she was made us feel that she was a close friend helping us plan our special day, we weren't just another wedding another couple. Everyone should feel special through this experience. Not only was Erin and her team there for us with room block questions and meal qurstions, but she also has amazing venders to work with. We even selected out wedding planner through the Boulders, and Sandy was a queen!! Thank you to all the staff and Erin for making our dream wedding come true, and thank you Sandy @inaweweddings for taking the worry and anxiety away! As a bride, it was very important for me to enjoy the day with my family, friends, and new husband; with this amazing team, my husband and were able to relax and enjoy every minute of our day, and that was priceless.

The Boulders Resort & Spa Scottsdale's reply:

Thank you Kira! It was such a pleasure to meet you both & get to know you along the planning process.

My team & I enjoyed your amazing wedding that truly reflected you two as a couple, thank you for selecting us :)

We hope to see you & Michael back at The Boulders.

Most Sincerely,
    Erin Donovan & The Boulders' Team
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer T. Married on 11/21/2020

Incredible

This review is so long overdue and I could never write enough good things about my experience with the Boulders. This venue literally saved my wedding. Our wedding was postponed due to COVID and only 7 days before our new, rescheduled date, the original venue essentially said it couldn’t happen. The Boulders swooped in, on a one week notice, and completely 100% pulled off our dream wedding. They took all of the stress of the crazy situation off of my shoulders and assured me that they would take care of everything. They took all of our ideas and plans and simply made it happen. Instead of asking us to review & choose from their menu, they literally took the menu we had planned and made it. There was nothing that they couldn’t make happen.

Aside from their incredible work to pull together our wedding, The Boulders itself is breathtaking. I can’t imagine a more beautiful backdrop than Promise Rock, and the sunset from the ballroom deck had all of our guests talking. Our pictures are breathtaking and the grounds are so versatile. The food was so delicious that we made room for seconds and people are still talking about it 4 months later.

Greater than everything I’ve already written, are the people at the Boulders. Let me assure you, every single person on staff here will make each of your guests feel welcomed and well taken care of. For example, I had a young cousin from out of state who arrived around 3am after her flight before the big day. She was met at the gate by name and cheerfully greeted “we’ve been expecting you!” I still have chills thinking about our wedding day and there is no doubt in my mind that the reason our big day was a such a success is due to their hard work and heart. Thank you to the Boulders, and an especially huge shout out to Erin and Harold.

The Boulders Resort & Spa Scottsdale's reply:

Thank you for sharing your experience, Jennifer!

Our team truly enjoyed having you and your lovely guests here, it was our pleasure to make your day, YOUR day... we hope to see you soon at The Boulders!

Warmest Regards,
    Erin, Harold & The Boulders Team
    Don H. Married on 05/15/2020

Boulders Spa and Resort - The Best Venue for your Wedding

This is an excellent venue that will meet every need you may have to host your wedding party. Everyone on the staff is extremely professional and will cater to your individual needs. Nothing is left out. You will become the Boulders Spa and Resort's "family," and they will treat you like royalty.

The Boulders Resort & Spa Scottsdale's reply:

Thank you Don! We are so lucky to have met you all, congratulations on all of your exciting milestones :)

We look forward to seeing you all again, enjoy your Summer!

• Kelly
    Kelly W. Married on 10/20/2019

Desert Perfection

If you are looking for a Sonoran desert setting, look no further. The Boulders is gorgeous. We had our ceremony at Promise Rock, which has a cactus garden and waterfall and faces the breathtaking boulders. It's private and beautiful, and easy for your guests to access. We held our reception in the Organic Garden in the shadow of the boulders and under the retro sodium string lights. Both locations are so beautiful, you really don't need to do much to decorate. Our guests were blown away by the beauty of both settings. The food -- from appetizers to dinner and the cake -- was delicious. We worked with Juliana to plan our ceremony and reception. She was fantastic! She made planning easy and stress-free. Juliana was easy to communicate with, had great ideas, and made sure every detail was perfect. Lucas attended to us at the reception, and was professional and attentive. We didn't want for a thing all evening! All the staff we interacted with -- at the front desk, the bellmen, room service, at the restaurants, everywhere -- were friendly and professional. The whole weekend was simply perfect.

The Boulders Resort & Spa Scottsdale's reply:

From all of us here at The Boulders Resort and Spa, we greatly appreciate your feedback and the opportunity to be part of such a special day! We know how lucky we are to have Juliana on the team as well as an outstanding culinary department. We are so glad that your day was as special as it should have been. We hope you will come and visit us from time to time!

We wish you a lifetime of love and happiness!

Kindly,

Jaime Burich - Catering Coordinator & the entire Boulders Resort team
    Brandi Event on: 01/01/2018
    We have done a few photo shoots at this venue and are just in love with everything here! From the views, the elegant settings and the incredible customer service we hope to be working more with this venue in the future! If you haven't yet, take a walk through and see the natural beauty for yourself!
    Jill Married on 11/24/2017
    As a vendor at the Boulders, the staff is superb! They are accommodating and incredibly responsive. A major part of my respect for them is that no matter what is going on, their top priority is their attention to the needs and wishes of their guest/client. This is a great team!

Thank you Jill!
    We always enjoy working with you and Avant-Garde!
    Andrea Married on 10/29/2017
    My husband and I were married at The Boulders in October 2017. About 4 years ago we spent a long weekend and fell in love with the resort, little did we know that it would be the venue for our very intimate dream wedding reception. From the day we contacted Erin she made the process of wedding planning stress free and enjoyable. From the breath taking views to the amazing staff we could not be happier with our experience with The Boulders. We will definitely be visiting soon! I highly recommend considering The Boulders for your wedding reception, they will not disappoint.

The Boulders Resort & Spa Scottsdale's reply:

Thank you Andrea and Nick for taking the time to share your experience at The Boulders! It was a pleasure to meet you both and be a part of your special day.

Warmest Regards,
    Erin Donovan and The Boulders Team
    Jeffrey Married on 04/17/2017
    We can't imagine a more perfect venue. We were planning on traveling to Arizona from Baltimore to elope and the Boulders caught my eye. After booking two nights at the resort I casually included in the comments to the hotel that we were planning to elope and that we would be spending our wedding night there to celebrate. Not only did they read the comment but they had one of their coordinators reach out to us that same day to try and understand our plan and how they could help. After a quick discussion, the coordinator Erin took care of everything. From the second that we arrived everything went better than expected. They even provided us with the witnesses( flying from Baltimore to Scottsdale alone, my plan was to ask two guests at the pool or bar if they could spare 15 minutes for the ceremony). Erin arranged for two employees of the Spa where our venue was located to be our witnesses. Not only were they 15 minutes early and dressed for the occasion but by the time the ceremony was over they were in tears of joy and sharing a group hug with my wife! The resort offers a number of different venues and is usually hosting huge events for large parties, so it was honestly unbelievable to receive the amount of time and effort that Erin and the staff provided us given that we were literally a party of 5 (my wife and I, our officiant and the 2 witnesses provided by the resort). All in all, the location alone is well worth the price, but on top of that, we have never received that level of service in our lives.

The Boulders Resort & Spa Scottsdale's reply:

Thank you for taking time to write this review Jeffery,

We are so happy that you chose us for your special day. It was a pleasure to meet you both and be a part of your day.

We hope to see you both at The Boulders again :) Best wishes to you and Jordan!
    Stephanie Married on 04/08/2017
    We couldn't have been happier with our wedding at the Boulders! Corissa, her team, and the entire staff were so helpful, thoughtful and on top of things. They went above and beyond to make every detail of our big day absolutely perfect, and for that, we are beyond grateful.
    Kimberly Married on 03/17/2017
    We got married at the Boulders on March 17th 2017. Our ceremony was at Promise Rock and the reception was at the Duck Pond (I promise I will add photos to this review in the near future). My husband knew about the Boulders and I agreed to have our wedding their sight unseen, based on his glowing review.
    Everything was ABSOLUTELY PERFECT. We have zero complaints and wish we could relive the day over and over again. The weather was absolutely perfect and both venues were stunning. Neither of us lived in the state so for us it was a destination wedding. There were 48 guests (but of course they can hold much more than that). We still get feedback from our guests saying it was the best wedding they have ever been to (which feels great, haha). Because it’s a very expensive time of year to visit Arizona, we wanted to make sure our guests were taken care of with food and alcohol. The food was GREAT (and who ever leaves a wedding saying that!?) and we opted for an open bar.
    The Boulders staff made everything so simple and wonderful, which is a huge plus for a bride, especially an out of state bride. We used their recommendations for photographers and hair and makeup, so they knew the venue well already. The Boulders is so beautiful, especially this time of year, so you can go as basic as you want with decorations or glam it up- just depends on what you want and your budget. The ONLY decorations I had- and I mean ONLY – were the centerpieces, which I made the night before. My sister in law brought mason jars she already had, I bought twine, and we went to Ralph’s and bought Baby’s Breath flowers for $4 a bunch. We put the flowers in a jar, tied a twine bow on and that was that! People kept second guessing my decision but the day of, they truly were the perfect complement to the desert, golf course and pond. So that’s how simple you can go!
    Apparently there is a word limit for this review...so to summarize- GET MARRIED HERE! :)
    Robin Married on 12/31/2016
    Our daughter's New Year's Eve wedding was nothing short of perfect. We worked wth Barbara St. John and couldn't have been happier. From the venue, to the guest accommodations, to the spa, to the post wedding breakfast, we were totally thrilled with it all. When the weather didn't cooperate & we had to move the ceremony indoors, Barbara was unflappable & professional. Alexa was able customize the reception menu & decor to her & her husband's tastes & Barbara & the rest of the staff were wonderful. I whole heartedly recommend The Boulders and especially Barbara.
    Julie Married on 09/17/2016
    My son and daughter were married here in October 2017. The wedding was at Promise Rock and the reception at the Latilla ballroom.

While we had a rough start in the early planning stages in the fourth quarter of 2016 and first quarter of 2017 due to staff turnover, once Corissa McDermott took over as our wedding planner and Erin Donovan as our room coordinator, everything was FANTASTIC.

They were both very responsive to my questions and in most cases able to give me what I asked for.

The wedding rehearsal and day of set up was handled easily. The coordination of wedding day activities from early morning through the evening reception was beautifully done. Corrissa was very patient and calm dealing with our large wedding party.
    I had very good reviews from our guests about the dinner entrees served at the reception and they made a special dinner tor the gluten free groom.

As an event planner of 20 years I know how things should done and I think The Boulders Resort did a five star event for us.
  • User2379329 2+ years ago
    THE perfect venue, THE perfect day! Where do I start....we were engaged this past February, started looking at venues in April and after looking at a few other resorts, none seemed to fit our small 34 person wedding. Then we found the Boulders (just up the street from us). Upon entering the resort we immediately knew that this was the venue for us. We met with Ellen, The Boulders Senior Catering Manager, who is the epitome of professional and amazing! She helped us create a customized wedding that fit us to a T. She was so helpful throughout the planning process! We had our ceremony at Promise Rock. So peaceful, so gorgeous - you hardly need decor b/c the natural beauty is breathtaking (have to mention the running waterfall in the background). The space is so intimate but can probably accommodate over 100 guests. Since it's tucked away you don't have to worry about other guests looking in on your ceremony (big thing for us). We had our cocktail hour on the 8th Tee Box (right next to Promise Rock) that overlooks the boulders, golf course, and desert. Our guests enjoyed a margarita bar and a few appetizers while looking at the beautiful Arizona sunset. We then had our reception in the Organic Garden at The Boulders Spa (we wanted a smaller space). The bistro lights create a very romantic ambiance. The food...don't even get me started..heavenly!! We received a lot of compliments from our guests. All of their staff were incredibly efficient, friendly, and professional. Our cake was made by The Boulders pastry chef (we had 2 layers - white raspberry and red velvet) - beautiful and SO delicious. Like most couples, we wanted our day to be perfect, for us and for our guests. It truly was!

Side note: The resort is spread out, but the views are breathtaking. They are also almost done with remodeling the whole lobby, main pool and the casitas.
    Patti Married on 02/14/2015
    We chose Promise Rock at the Boulders for our Valentine's Day Wedding. We had the most beautiful venue and the weather was spectacular! Our wedding photos were so gorgeous with the boulders in the background and a sunset that was picture perfect! Ellen and Heather were easy to work with and responsive with all our questions!
  • User2167144 2+ years ago
    The Boulders Resort and Promise Rock provided the most beautiful location for our wedding. The event coodinator, Ellen, was very professional and did a fantastic job of helping us plan and bring everything together on our wedding day. The entire staff was amazing! Our guests had nothing but wonderful praise about the location, ceremony and staff. Thank you! We truly appreciate it!
    Jill Married on 10/25/2014
    We had a total of four events at The Boulders, the bridesmaid luncheon, the rehearsal dinner, the wedding ceremony and reception. In all instances Ellen Haboush, the wedding coordinator, was very helpful with the planning, thorough, flexible, accommodating and organized. This was a destination wedding so it was planned in two visits, the rest by e-mail, and we didn't have any glitches or misunderstandings at all.

I have to also compliment the other departments such as reservations, concierge and wait staff as they were professional, helpful and made our guests feel so welcome.

I would highly recommend having any event at The Boulders!
    Tania Married on 11/17/2012
    What can I say about this beautiful, picturesque setting!! its simply gorgeous! I knew from the moment he proposed I wanted to have our wedding here. The setting is amazing, and the service, food and customer service goes along with it. We worked with Christina and she was very responsive and listened to everything we wanted and the day of it was perfect. The food was amazing, the cake was delicious , top shelf bar and our family/friends were very complimentary of how amazing the food and setting was. Boulders is gorgeous!
  • User1052169 2+ years ago
    perfect beautiful setting
    great staff
    Ashley Married on 06/09/2012
    I don't even know where to begin as I am speechless! We selected the Boulders primarily because of the beautiful ceremony spot at Promise Rock. We wanted something magical and intimate; Promise Rock was that and more! Of course that was not the only reason, after all it is the Boulders...can it get any better! Our event planner at the resort, Tricia, was absolutely amazing; our personalities clicked from the beginning and she was an amazing help to pulling of the best day of our lives! In addition, all of the staff was so pleasant and accommodating throughout the entire process! Our wedding will be one that is talked about for a long time because it was perfect! We are so happy and truly could not be more pleased with the grounds, ballroom, and staff! Everything was awesome!
    K Married on 12/13/2014
    Amazing! Amazing! Amazing! Promise Rock and The Boulder’s Resort was exactly what my husband and I were looking for when searching for a small intimate desert wedding. We were a little worried about the event coordinator as there was a staff change leading up to our wedding and another larger wedding taking place on the same day as ours. But Ellen turned out to be exactly what we needed. She did a fantastic job helping us plan everything out and on the big day she and Heather were there for us every step of the way. My husband and I were freaking out because aside from the normal wedding day chaos it rained off and on throughout the day. Ellen was there sorting, reorganizing, and calming us down whether it was with a tissue, a steamer, an umbrella, or a stiff drink she knew what we needed. There were many compliments about the bartender and the rest of the staff did a great job as well. They helped bring everything in from the rain and back out. Our family and friends are still talking about our wedding and how beautiful the setting was. We will be able to look back on our big day and cherish it all the more knowing we had the best.
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer Married on 04/17/2009
    We worked with Robyn at the Boulders. She was extremely receptive and helpful. Our guests felt very comfortable. The food was fabulous, we did 4 different stations! Costomer service was also amazing. They made sure Aaron and I got enough food throughout the night and helped to make everything flow very smoothly!
    Lacee Married on 06/04/2016
    The Boulders Resort and Spa made our wedding day nothing short of fabulous. I worked with Ellen as our wedding coordinator and she was absolutely amazing. She helped with the decision making, final details, accommodations, and everything in between. You will not find a more accommodating and polite staff than at The Boulders. From valet to room service, everyone was SO nice.
    The venue itself is gorgeous and offers mountain views, boulders, ponds, and green golf courses. Our pictures belong in a magazine. To top the day off, many guests commented that the food was the best "wedding food" they have every had. Amazing venue!