The Boulders Resort & Spa Scottsdale Reviews

21 | Carefree, AZ

21 Reviews for The Boulders Resort & Spa Scottsdale

Brandi · event on 01/01/2018

We have done a few photo shoots at this venue and are just in love with everything here! From the views, the elegant settings and the incredible customer service we hope to be working more with this venue in the future! If you haven't yet, take a walk through and see the natural beauty for yourself!

Sent on 01/21/2018

Jill · Married on 11/24/2017

As a vendor at the Boulders, the staff is superb! They are accommodating and incredibly responsive. A major part of my respect for them is that no matter what is going on, their top priority is their attention to the needs and wishes of their guest/client. This is a great team!

Sent on 01/10/2018

Thank you Jill!
    We always enjoy working with you and Avant-Garde!

Andrea · Married on 10/29/2017

My husband and I were married at The Boulders in October 2017. About 4 years ago we spent a long weekend and fell in love with the resort, little did we know that it would be the venue for our very intimate dream wedding reception. From the day we contacted Erin she made the process of wedding planning stress free and enjoyable. From the breath taking views to the amazing staff we could not be happier with our experience with The Boulders. We will definitely be visiting soon! I highly recommend considering The Boulders for your wedding reception, they will not disappoint.

Sent on 02/19/2018

The Boulders Resort & Spa Scottsdale's reply:

Thank you Andrea and Nick for taking the time to share your experience at The Boulders! It was a pleasure to meet you both and be a part of your special day.

Warmest Regards,
    Erin Donovan and The Boulders Team

Jeffrey · Married on 04/17/2017

We can't imagine a more perfect venue. We were planning on traveling to Arizona from Baltimore to elope and the Boulders caught my eye. After booking two nights at the resort I casually included in the comments to the hotel that we were planning to elope and that we would be spending our wedding night there to celebrate. Not only did they read the comment but they had one of their coordinators reach out to us that same day to try and understand our plan and how they could help. After a quick discussion, the coordinator Erin took care of everything. From the second that we arrived everything went better than expected. They even provided us with the witnesses( flying from Baltimore to Scottsdale alone, my plan was to ask two guests at the pool or bar if they could spare 15 minutes for the ceremony). Erin arranged for two employees of the Spa where our venue was located to be our witnesses. Not only were they 15 minutes early and dressed for the occasion but by the time the ceremony was over they were in tears of joy and sharing a group hug with my wife! The resort offers a number of different venues and is usually hosting huge events for large parties, so it was honestly unbelievable to receive the amount of time and effort that Erin and the staff provided us given that we were literally a party of 5 (my wife and I, our officiant and the 2 witnesses provided by the resort). All in all, the location alone is well worth the price, but on top of that, we have never received that level of service in our lives.

Sent on 05/18/2017

The Boulders Resort & Spa Scottsdale's reply:

Thank you for taking time to write this review Jeffery,

We are so happy that you chose us for your special day. It was a pleasure to meet you both and be a part of your day.

We hope to see you both at The Boulders again :) Best wishes to you and Jordan!

Stephanie · Married on 04/08/2017

We couldn't have been happier with our wedding at the Boulders! Corissa, her team, and the entire staff were so helpful, thoughtful and on top of things. They went above and beyond to make every detail of our big day absolutely perfect, and for that, we are beyond grateful.

Sent on 05/29/2017

kimberly · Married on 03/17/2017

We got married at the Boulders on March 17th 2017. Our ceremony was at Promise Rock and the reception was at the Duck Pond (I promise I will add photos to this review in the near future). My husband knew about the Boulders and I agreed to have our wedding their sight unseen, based on his glowing review.
    Everything was ABSOLUTELY PERFECT. We have zero complaints and wish we could relive the day over and over again. The weather was absolutely perfect and both venues were stunning. Neither of us lived in the state so for us it was a destination wedding. There were 48 guests (but of course they can hold much more than that). We still get feedback from our guests saying it was the best wedding they have ever been to (which feels great, haha). Because it’s a very expensive time of year to visit Arizona, we wanted to make sure our guests were taken care of with food and alcohol. The food was GREAT (and who ever leaves a wedding saying that!?) and we opted for an open bar.
    The Boulders staff made everything so simple and wonderful, which is a huge plus for a bride, especially an out of state bride. We used their recommendations for photographers and hair and makeup, so they knew the venue well already. The Boulders is so beautiful, especially this time of year, so you can go as basic as you want with decorations or glam it up- just depends on what you want and your budget. The ONLY decorations I had- and I mean ONLY – were the centerpieces, which I made the night before. My sister in law brought mason jars she already had, I bought twine, and we went to Ralph’s and bought Baby’s Breath flowers for $4 a bunch. We put the flowers in a jar, tied a twine bow on and that was that! People kept second guessing my decision but the day of, they truly were the perfect complement to the desert, golf course and pond. So that’s how simple you can go!
    Apparently there is a word limit for this review...so to summarize- GET MARRIED HERE! :)

Sent on 02/21/2018

Robin · Married on 12/31/2016

Our daughter's New Year's Eve wedding was nothing short of perfect. We worked wth Barbara St. John and couldn't have been happier. From the venue, to the guest accommodations, to the spa, to the post wedding breakfast, we were totally thrilled with it all. When the weather didn't cooperate & we had to move the ceremony indoors, Barbara was unflappable & professional. Alexa was able customize the reception menu & decor to her & her husband's tastes & Barbara & the rest of the staff were wonderful. I whole heartedly recommend The Boulders and especially Barbara.

Sent on 03/05/2017

julie · Married on 09/17/2016

My son and daughter were married here in October 2017. The wedding was at Promise Rock and the reception at the Latilla ballroom.

While we had a rough start in the early planning stages in the fourth quarter of 2016 and first quarter of 2017 due to staff turnover, once Corissa McDermott took over as our wedding planner and Erin Donovan as our room coordinator, everything was FANTASTIC.

They were both very responsive to my questions and in most cases able to give me what I asked for.

The wedding rehearsal and day of set up was handled easily. The coordination of wedding day activities from early morning through the evening reception was beautifully done. Corrissa was very patient and calm dealing with our large wedding party.
    I had very good reviews from our guests about the dinner entrees served at the reception and they made a special dinner tor the gluten free groom.

As an event planner of 20 years I know how things should done and I think The Boulders Resort did a five star event for us.

Sent on 01/16/2018

THE perfect venue, THE perfect day! Where do I start....we were engaged this past February, started looking at venues in April and after looking at a few other resorts, none seemed to fit our small 34 person wedding. Then we found the Boulders (just up the street from us). Upon entering the resort we immediately knew that this was the venue for us. We met with Ellen, The Boulders Senior Catering Manager, who is the epitome of professional and amazing! She helped us create a customized wedding that fit us to a T. She was so helpful throughout the planning process! We had our ceremony at Promise Rock. So peaceful, so gorgeous - you hardly need decor b/c the natural beauty is breathtaking (have to mention the running waterfall in the background). The space is so intimate but can probably accommodate over 100 guests. Since it's tucked away you don't have to worry about other guests looking in on your ceremony (big thing for us). We had our cocktail hour on the 8th Tee Box (right next to Promise Rock) that overlooks the boulders, golf course, and desert. Our guests enjoyed a margarita bar and a few appetizers while looking at the beautiful Arizona sunset. We then had our reception in the Organic Garden at The Boulders Spa (we wanted a smaller space). The bistro lights create a very romantic ambiance. The food...don't even get me started..heavenly!! We received a lot of compliments from our guests. All of their staff were incredibly efficient, friendly, and professional. Our cake was made by The Boulders pastry chef (we had 2 layers - white raspberry and red velvet) - beautiful and SO delicious. Like most couples, we wanted our day to be perfect, for us and for our guests. It truly was!

Side note: The resort is spread out, but the views are breathtaking. They are also almost done with remodeling the whole lobby, main pool and the casitas.

Sent on 10/20/2015

Patti · Married on 02/14/2015

We chose Promise Rock at the Boulders for our Valentine's Day Wedding. We had the most beautiful venue and the weather was spectacular! Our wedding photos were so gorgeous with the boulders in the background and a sunset that was picture perfect! Ellen and Heather were easy to work with and responsive with all our questions!

Sent on 03/31/2015

The Boulders Resort and Promise Rock provided the most beautiful location for our wedding. The event coodinator, Ellen, was very professional and did a fantastic job of helping us plan and bring everything together on our wedding day. The entire staff was amazing! Our guests had nothing but wonderful praise about the location, ceremony and staff. Thank you! We truly appreciate it!

Sent on 06/07/2015

Jill · Married on 10/25/2014

We had a total of four events at The Boulders, the bridesmaid luncheon, the rehearsal dinner, the wedding ceremony and reception. In all instances Ellen Haboush, the wedding coordinator, was very helpful with the planning, thorough, flexible, accommodating and organized. This was a destination wedding so it was planned in two visits, the rest by e-mail, and we didn't have any glitches or misunderstandings at all.

I have to also compliment the other departments such as reservations, concierge and wait staff as they were professional, helpful and made our guests feel so welcome.

I would highly recommend having any event at The Boulders!

Sent on 06/10/2015

Tania · Married on 11/17/2012

What can I say about this beautiful, picturesque setting!! its simply gorgeous! I knew from the moment he proposed I wanted to have our wedding here. The setting is amazing, and the service, food and customer service goes along with it. We worked with Christina and she was very responsive and listened to everything we wanted and the day of it was perfect. The food was amazing, the cake was delicious , top shelf bar and our family/friends were very complimentary of how amazing the food and setting was. Boulders is gorgeous!

Sent on 11/28/2012

perfect beautiful setting
    great staff

Sent on 12/26/2012

Ashley · Married on 06/09/2012

I don't even know where to begin as I am speechless! We selected the Boulders primarily because of the beautiful ceremony spot at Promise Rock. We wanted something magical and intimate; Promise Rock was that and more! Of course that was not the only reason, after all it is the Boulders...can it get any better! Our event planner at the resort, Tricia, was absolutely amazing; our personalities clicked from the beginning and she was an amazing help to pulling of the best day of our lives! In addition, all of the staff was so pleasant and accommodating throughout the entire process! Our wedding will be one that is talked about for a long time because it was perfect! We are so happy and truly could not be more pleased with the grounds, ballroom, and staff! Everything was awesome!

Sent on 08/30/2012

K · Married on 12/13/2014

Amazing! Amazing! Amazing! Promise Rock and The Boulder’s Resort was exactly what my husband and I were looking for when searching for a small intimate desert wedding. We were a little worried about the event coordinator as there was a staff change leading up to our wedding and another larger wedding taking place on the same day as ours. But Ellen turned out to be exactly what we needed. She did a fantastic job helping us plan everything out and on the big day she and Heather were there for us every step of the way. My husband and I were freaking out because aside from the normal wedding day chaos it rained off and on throughout the day. Ellen was there sorting, reorganizing, and calming us down whether it was with a tissue, a steamer, an umbrella, or a stiff drink she knew what we needed. There were many compliments about the bartender and the rest of the staff did a great job as well. They helped bring everything in from the rain and back out. Our family and friends are still talking about our wedding and how beautiful the setting was. We will be able to look back on our big day and cherish it all the more knowing we had the best.

Sent on 06/19/2015
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 04/17/2009

We worked with Robyn at the Boulders. She was extremely receptive and helpful. Our guests felt very comfortable. The food was fabulous, we did 4 different stations! Costomer service was also amazing. They made sure Aaron and I got enough food throughout the night and helped to make everything flow very smoothly!

Sent on 04/25/2009

Lacee · Married on 06/04/2016

The Boulders Resort and Spa made our wedding day nothing short of fabulous. I worked with Ellen as our wedding coordinator and she was absolutely amazing. She helped with the decision making, final details, accommodations, and everything in between. You will not find a more accommodating and polite staff than at The Boulders. From valet to room service, everyone was SO nice.
    The venue itself is gorgeous and offers mountain views, boulders, ponds, and green golf courses. Our pictures belong in a magazine. To top the day off, many guests commented that the food was the best "wedding food" they have every had. Amazing venue!

Sent on 06/22/2016

Tiffany · Married on 05/01/2016

3.8
      2.5

This place is GORGEOUS It is on a huge lot of land and is just stunning. It provides a Southwestern feel to the lobby, rooms and decor all around. They were under renovation at the time we had our appointment so I didn't get the true "vibe" of the property. Ellen, the catering director was extremely friendly, knowledgeable and professional. She took her time and allowed us to take pictures and ask as many questions as we wanted. They have a few different ceremony sights each with their own uniqueness. I would have 100% gone with this venue if it was within my budget. The food and beverage minimum for just 50 guests was astronomical and the ceremony site fees were as well. If you have the money to spend on a dream wedding I would recommend this venue. Not a lot came with the package so a bunch more money would have to be spent on all other expenses. Gorgeous venue however.

Sent on 11/09/2015

Megan · Married on 03/20/2015

3.8
      3.5

The Boulders is a gorgeous venue and the food is delicious! Our only issue with the whole place was our service from the catering coordinator. If you are looking for someone to guide you and are not willing to be super independent...this is not a good option for you unless you have a wedding planner! Just make sure you have your own game plan/organizer/day-of-coordinator and it would be PERFECT! The amount of items you get for the cost is amazing especially when you consider the beautiful scenery! We would recommend the Boulders on the condition that the party get a wedding planner!

Sent on 04/11/2015

Bonni · Married on 04/12/2014

3.4
      3.0

This is a beautiful location and resort however I was not impressed with any of the staff from the front desk to the bartender to the wedding coordinator, no one was especially friendly or accommodating. The coordinator became hard to get ahold of as my wedding got closer and I had people complain that she was rude on my wedding day. She was abrupt to me and my photographer and she also personally recommended the worst florist ever. I also had guests complain that our reception bartender was rude. We never felt welcomed as special guests despite the fact that we brought over 40 hotel guests for an entire three day weekend for our 100 person wedding. The beautiful location made it worth it in the end however I expected more from a five star Waldorf Astoria resort.

Sent on 06/10/2014