The Big Chill Beach Club and Event Deck Reviews

The Big Chill Beach Club and Event Deck 1
The Big Chill Beach Club and Event Deck 2
The Big Chill Beach Club and Event Deck 3

Rachel · Married on 09/21/2018

I have a feeling I’m going to run out of characters on this review ranting and raving about Kathy and the Big Chill Beach club...

To start: Kathy. Oh my goodness. As an out of town bride I never had to worry with my wedding in Kathy’s hands. If I needed something, she responded. If I wanted something, she found a way to do it. If I was apprehensive about something, she made me feel better. She was simply simply amazing. She never made me feel like I was asking too much or bothering her. She was simply so fabulous!

There was a moment after getting our pictures taken and walking by the tent where I was told “Kathy needs you!” I got nervous! I turned a corner to find her with a plate full of hor dourves for my husband and me! She had the biggest smile and we were seriously beaming and grateful back!

Next: the venue itself. When I looked out at the moon rising over the ocean and the sun setting over the bridge/bay I really had to take it all in. We were fortunate to have fabulous weather that enhanced the venues beauty. The breeze through the tent helped us stay comfortable on a September night! It was spacious, too! The staff was awesome. They were friendly and happy, bar tenders were quick which was great because I was concerned with there only being one bar (2 bar tenders for 180 people)!

Ours guests raved about the venue and it’s staff and although I knew it in working with them for 10 months, I’m so grateful my guests agreed in our 5 hour reception! Thank you, Kathy and The Big Chill Beach Club!

Nicole · Married on 06/22/2018

Joe and I booked our wedding before the venue was even built. We got to work with Kathy the whole time - perfect! The team was flexible as we had an uncharacteristic rainy and misty day and they waited until the last moment to make the call to stay outside with us. The menu was customized (for an additional cost) to perfectly match our tropical oasis theme. Drinks were fabulous. Staff is so friendly and amazing. We've already been back to the club to celebrate little anniversaries. Love that it is a blank canvas and we could really add our touches to it.

• User6703489 · Recently married

Emily help us throw together an amazing surprise vow renewal for my father and mother in law. It was a beautiful ceremony on the beach and an amazing reception (with awesome food) overlooking the bridge. It was absolutely perfect. Emily was responsive and even on the reception floor herself helping out. We had such a blast because of her. I highly recommend using this venue. It was absolutely perfect.

Katina · Married on 10/22/2017

I recently had the pleasure of working at the Big Chill Event Deck. The views are breathtaking, Emily and the staff are helpful and professional, and the food is delicious! I cannot wait to plan more events there!

Regan · Married on 10/22/2017

Amazing food, presentation and service, all wrapped up with some of the best views at the beach. I don't have one bad thing to say about working with Big Chill before, during or after my event.

V · Married on 10/07/2017

Emily is incredible to work with! She went above and beyond and took care of every detail with ease, relieving any iota of stress from us. Food, drinks and service were all impeccable. The setting is absolutely stunning and beyond perfect for any event. I would HIGHLY recommend hosting your next special occasion at Big Chill!

Sarah · Married on 09/10/2017

I had an intimate baby shower at The Big Chill and it was the most beautiful setting! The food (taco bar) was delicious and the staff - especially Emily - was fantastic to work with. I would definitely recommend The Big Chill for your next event!

Effie · Married on 08/04/2017

Absolutely the perfect venue with the ocean in front of you and the gorgeous lit bridge behind you. Nage catering was exceptional to work with and the food, wait staff, and Kathy McDonnell were beyond my expectations!
    Don't look anywhere else to host your next party

Rhonda · Married on 07/07/2017

Emily Hare has been a joy to work with. Everything was amazing. Definitely recommending Big Chill to everyone I come across. Not to many places with work with you planning a spur of the moment wedding in a month Big Chill was awesome.

Dennis · Married on 08/04/2017

The staff as well as the owner(s) were more than accommodating and took the time to rearrange a date cancellation and make the rescheduled date a true success. The folks who attended our event have had nothing but great things to say about the event and in fact, requested contact information to also plan their event at the location on the beach at Big Chill. Can't thank you all enough for such a great experience !!

Linda · event on: 09/13/2017

The atmosphere, food and service were all fantastic. Emily was easy to work with and responded quickly with answers to questions. We would recommend holding events at this location.

• Amanda

Amanda · Married on 08/29/2015

3.5

Beautiful venue and tented area! One downside is the bathrooms are the beach bathrooms. They are wet, old, and sand everywhere. Wish they had private bathroom under the tented area for party guests. The staff was great and food was delicious. We had plenty of it!

The Big Chill Beach Club and Event Deck 4

0.5
      3.0
      1.0
      1.5

While the view and location can’t be beat, the venue still has a lot of kinks to get out.
    Cons:
    -The catering manager is condescending and not at all respsonsive.
    -The event coordinator either quit or was fired a month before our wedding and no one reached out from the venue to let us know.
    - They apparently have no where to store a wedding cake on premise which required my cake to be stored in our air bnb refrigerator, and then our day of coordinator (a separate person we hired because they don’t have day of coordination) had to go get it during the ceremony.
    - They had minimal staff working our weddinng and tables were not bussed in a timely manner.
    - If your wedding is on a Saturday (which is a 1,500 upcharge on the venue fee) and there is a Friday wedding, they will try to slap with you around 900 dollars in overtime fees to deliver your rentals.
    Pros:
    - I got a lot of compliments on the food
    - views are gorgeous
    - generous bar package