The Bernards Inn Reviews

120 | Bernardsville, NJ

120 Reviews for The Bernards Inn

Gemma · Married on 09/25/2010

I could not have chosen a more perfect place to have my wedding reception. The food was amazing and everything looked beautiful. The direct staff that I worked with - Tracey, Lauren, and Justin were exceptional.

Sent on 10/06/2010

Sharon · Married on 09/05/2010

Diane Carr and her team at the Bernards Inn provided us exceptional service and the wedding of our dreams! i could not have asked for anything better! Everything went better than we could have hoped for and it was just magical from start to finish! I would recommend Diane, her team and the Bernards Inn to anyone for any event. As an event planner myself, i couldn't have been happier.. every detail was taken care of for us and we enjoyed every second of our wedding! Thanks for a wonderful day!! :)

Lauren · Married on 08/14/2010

I had an afternoon wedding at the Benards Inn in August of 2010 - best wedding decision I made! Wow, where to start. I worked with Lauren Montemarano on the planning and execution of the day, she did an amazing job. Lauren was extremely professional and super flexible. She made everything work just the way I wanted it too. Lauren went out of her way and responded almost immediately to all of my questions. She guided me through the whole process and even when I had no idea how to make a decision, she led me in the right direction!

Everything was perfect, from the food, to the lay out, to the service. Here are a few things that the guests have told me since the wedding.
    - "This was the best food I've ever had at a wedding."
    - "The service was the best I have ever seen, we never had to ask for anything, it was always brought exactly when we wanted it."

I have to agree with my guests - it was the best food I'd ever had, and I never felt like I had to wait for anything! All in all, the professionalism of Lauren and the rest of the staff was flawless. I couldn't be happier. It was worth every penny!

Sue · Married on 07/10/2010

Superb service from start to finish! Every detail attended to courteously and professionally. Masterful cake decoration as well!

Bride · Married on 07/09/2010

When my fiance and I first began the process of looking for a place to have a wedding reception for approximately 60 guests, we quickly became frustrated. Many of the places we looked at would not even speak to us since we were having such a small reception. At one point, we thought we would not be able to have a reception at all. But, that all changed when we found the Bernards Inn. As soon as we walked in, the staff was very interested in making this event work for us and them. They spent time getting to know us and paid attention to what we were looking for. Our coordinator Lauren, really listened to what we wanted and gave us so many great ideas. The end result was an intimate wedding reception that was both classy and comfortable. So many of our guests gave us compliments regarding the service and event space. I would recommend taking a look at this "hidden gem" before going to a big, run of the mill banquet hall. We had a wonderful time and we look forward to returning for future events and anniversaries. What a PERFECT day!

Sent on 07/12/2011

Holly · Married on 04/23/2010

The Bernards Inn was wonderful! They responded so quickly and were really on top of things. The food the night of the wedding was AMAZING!! No problems whatsoever, we were thrilled.

The only drawback is that because they rent out their spaces to anyone (they don't just do weddings, anothewords) we would have had to pay to rent the room for the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner. Just something to keep in mind. Otherwise it was fabulous!! They were so great to us and we had an excellent time.

Sent on 05/27/2010

Jane · Married on 03/20/2010

My son and daughter in law's wedding was absolutely perfect at the Bernards Inn. Everyone was accomodating, enthusiastic and professional. The food was delicious (everyone thought so!). The wine was special and flowing. We would do it again in a heartbeat.

Donna · Married on 08/08/2009

I can't say enough good things about the Bernards Inn as a wedding venue. The location is beautiful and the staff was nothing but pleasant and accomadating. They met every one of our needs including offering us a modified menu to meet our budget. It was an unforgettable day!

Sent on 12/17/2010

Megan · Married on 07/18/2009

Having a wedding at the Bernards Inn made the whole wedding process stress-free! Their attention to detail and promptness was excellent. They listened to all my requests and questions. They made me feel like my wedding was the most important wedding of the year...and did not miss one detail. So many of my guests commented on the quality of service, responsiveness of the staff, and excellent food.

Molly · Married on 07/04/2009

We held our wedding reception at the Bernards Inn. We had a difficult time finding a reception venue that was willing to reserve a summer Saturday for such a small reception (~35 people). Bernards Inn was willing to work with us and we had the date reserved less than 24 hours from our initial consultation. We held the cocktail hour in the Silver Vault and moved into the Wine Pantry for the dinner. Both rooms are already elegantly decorated, meaning less work and money for us. There are bathrooms nearby and an alternate entrance from the street if you have older guests who can't take the stairs. If you have a small reception and are looking for a space that isn't the usual white ballroom, consider holding the reception at the Bernards Inn. Their Fenwick Ballroom holds more people, but I didn't look into it and am not familiar with its decor. Lauren Montemarano helped plan everything and was very professional and friendly. In fact, Lauren's presence and professionalism impressed me immediately and distinguished the Bernarnds Inn from other competing venues in the area. If somebody is planning a wedding reception, they better be confident, organized, and on time for meetings. Oscar was very helpful and made sure everything ran smoothly the day of. He kept us informed of when to expect speeches and when there were any breaks between courses where we could get up and mingle without missing our dinner. All of our guests were impressed with the quality of the wait staff, food, and drinks. The Bernards Inn is more expensive than other venues, but you get what you pay for. Guests got a glass of champagne, not a small sip just enough for a toast. The drinks were well-prepared, and the food was plentiful and delicious. We never felt rushed through our meal. The Bernards Inn also prepared our wedding cake, and it was wonderful (vanilla cake with hazelnut layers). I would highly recommend this venue.

David · Married on 05/14/2009

The Bernards Inn was extremely helpful in making our wedding a great day. After our hall cancelled on us we were under a time constraint to replan. The Bernards Inn as very accomodating and made a stressful situation easier to handle. The staff was a pleasure to work with and walked us through the entire process.

Alan · Married on 02/22/2009

My wife and I with her children give high marks to the organization for helping us with the marriage of our children.

Melissa · Married on 11/22/2008

You won't find a more romantic and pefect venue for an intimate, classic, and memorable wedding. The catering and event staff was kind, friendly, professional, and attentive. The food was divine (cake was heavenly!). The Bernards Inn is a must for the "perfectionist" bride!

Erica · Married on 10/24/2008

I had my wedding reception at The Bernards Inn, and it was perfect. I highly recommend this place. The people are wonderful and the food is delicious. And it is such a beautiful place, with great character.

Sent on 01/18/2011

Sarah · Married on 07/05/2008

We had a wonderful wedding!

Sent on 12/12/2010

Dianne · Married on 06/20/2008

The Bernard Inn provided exceptional service! The catering managers are excellent communicators and help you make the best decisions based on your personal tastes and situation.

Sent on 09/20/2010

We just had our wedding at the Bernards Inn. What an amazing experience, It was romantic, elegant, sophisticated, etc. Our guests could get over the food, the ambience, and mostly the service. Bonnie, the Inn's wedding manager, was outstanding. She made the planning process effortless. She ensured that every request was carried out. Since we knew that some guests would arrive early, we had the bar open with a piano player. It was so elegant to walk into the Inn to music. Our cocktail hour was extended by 1/2 hour so that the bride, groom and bridal party would be able to attend. The wine and pantry cellar was so beautiful. The signature drink, fig old fashioned, was delicious. The hors d'oevres delicious and they kept coming and coming. The Fenwick Ballroom was exquisit, with plenty of candle light. The Chef even made the wedding cake exactly like the picture we gave him. Wonderful venue if you want a romantic and sophicated wedding.

Sent on 10/14/2014

Marie · Married on 09/08/2012

I cannot begin to say how happy I am that my husband and I chose The Bernards Inn to have our wedding reception. The service was exceptional from planning the wedding, booking the rooms, and finally to the service on the day of the reception. Weddings can be stressful, and the staff at The Bernards Inn made the entire experience as relaxing as possible. I never doubted that they would deliver the wedding of my dreams. My guests still talk about the delicious food (no one's plates or glasses were ever empty), the beautiful venue, and how much fun we had. We will surely be back to stay for anniversaries and highly recommend The Bernards Inn.

Sent on 02/02/2013

Cheryl · Married on 09/24/2010

Everything went very smoothly and the food was excellent.

Sent on 10/04/2010

Taryn · Married on 08/28/2010

Lauren and everyone at the Inn were extremely helpful and made planning my wedding from an ocean away incredibly easy! The day was absolutely seamless with every member of staff going out of their way to make everything perfect. My guests had a wonderful time, the food was amazing, and I can't wait to go back for our anniversary.

Sent on 11/20/2010

Aimee · Married on 08/21/2010

Our experience with the Bernards Inn as a reception venue was top-notch from the planning stage to the day of the event. All of the staff were extremely professional, the food was wonderful and the service was of the highest quality. I would describe the Bernards Inn as elegant, but warm, welcoming and low-key at the same time.

Although I was a hesitant bride and had reservations about holding a formal reception, it was really a wonderful day that exceeded my expectations. My only regret was that it was over so quickly and that I did not have enough time to sufficiently enjoy the delicious food and beautiful setting!

• jlk

Jessyca · Married on 04/17/2010

Just about 5 months ago my husband and I were married at the Bernards Inn. Our ceremony was downstairs in the wine pantry and reception followed upstairs. From the moment we saw the space we knew it would be perfect for us. It was intimate and special, there weren't 5 different events going on that night like you get in so many large catering halls...it was just about us.
    As a "hands on bride" I knew exactly what I wanted and they sure gave it to me, from the cookies and milk to the amazing wedding cake everything was perfect!! Friends and family still talk about our wedding and what an amazing time they had. Diane helped us get through all of the planning with a smile, she worked hard to give us what we pictured and we really couldn't have been any happier.
    We had a brunch the following day at the B.I. which was the perfect send off for us, many of our guests stayed at the Bernards Inn as well and they loved the cozyness and warmth they felt during thier stay.
    The Bernards Inn is a staple, it is here to stay, its about class, elegance and style... I want to get married all over again just to celebrate there!

• Pamela

Pamela B. · Married on 11/29/2019

The best day ever!

The Bernards Inn is absolutely beautiful. Intimate with a very welcoming vibe. The staff did everything to make our event extra special. We were blown away!

Sent on 01/17/2020

The Bernards Inn's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words! The team at the Bernards Inn wishes you and Marty the best! Happy New Year!

Jess T. · Married on 04/26/2019

Father of the groom

Hosted rehearsal dinner for 36 downstairs in the private room (wine cellar?).
    It was beautiful upon our arrival, and our guests felt very comfortable in this space.
    We enjoyed a one hour cocktail meet and greet with displayed and passed appetizers.
    I gave a short speech for the nuptials as the buffet dinner was being set. Then we moved into the perfectly set dining room which was closed during cocktails. So it was a fun surprise.
    The food was only exceeded by the service. Don’t hesitate to book your important event in the space.

Sent on 05/02/2019

The Bernards Inn's reply:

Thank you Jess for your kind words. I wish your kids the best of everything in their new life together.
    Andrea Testa
    Director of Events

Jennifer · Married on 12/29/2018

December 29, 2018 Wedding

From start to finish, The Bernard’s Inn met our expectations. The Food was delicious, the space was beautiful, and the service was fantastic. Our guests raved about the event. My daughter loved her wedding. The staff went above and beyond to help make the day a success by providing snacks at the last minute to rushing to the church when we forgot the wedding rings. Thank you for providing a memorable day!!!
    The Mother of the Bride