The Bernards Inn Reviews

120 | Bernardsville, NJ

120 Reviews for The Bernards Inn

Amazing venue ! Phenomenal cuisine with a beautiful presentation! From day 1 in planning our wedding, Bonnie Schleimer was so great to work with (along with Stacey Sainato from Peony Events), and she made our planning process seemless! Overall the service was excellent and worth every dollar (which by the way was much more reasonable than I anticipated). Highly recommend for any occasions! Thank you Bonnie!

Sent on 04/09/2014

Candace · Married on 12/28/2013

We just celebrated our daughter's wedding at The Bernard's Inn last weekend. From planning to execution, the entire experience was perfect. Diane Carr, the General Manager, patiently walked us through the process and left no stone unturned and even threw in some elegant surprises for the bride and groom. The food including the cake were exceptional. Every single staff person was smiling, professional, polite, kind and unobtrusive, attending to our every need. The Inn was beautifully decorated for Christmas and the roaring fire in the lobby just added to the ambiance. Many of our guests stayed at the Inn for the weekend and enjoyed the beautifully appointed rooms and luxury linens. What a wonderful memory!

Sent on 01/04/2014

Ali · Married on 10/26/2013

So low stress, beautiful, on point, fantastic.

Sent on 12/03/2013

Janice · Married on 08/29/2013

We hosted the rehearsal dinner for my son and his bride at
    the Bernard's Inn Silver Vault & Wine Cellar - which is a beautiful, elegant setting and we couldn't have been more pleased. The staff was professional and did everything to make our special evening run smoothly. I can't say enough about the food - it was delicious and wonderfully presented and the chef even accomodated us by adding several seasonal selections for our menu choice. We now have a truly wonderful family memory!!

Sent on 09/04/2013

Meredith · Married on 07/27/2013

I loved every second of our July wedding at the Bernards Inn. Bonnie and her team did a wonderful job! All of my questions were answered in a timely manner and day-of coordination was seamless. My guests are still raving about the food two months later!

Sent on 09/29/2013

Jamie · Married on 06/07/2013

Bonnie and her team at Bernards Inn gave me a perfect wedding night. All of the staff were so helpful and kind throughout the night. The food was amazing!!! And my cake could not have been more perfect!

Sent on 07/17/2013

We had a wonderful wedding at The Bernards Inn. The food was spectacular and the service was impeccable. The planning process was very low-stress, in part due to Diane Carr's high level of experience and professionalism.

Sent on 01/29/2013

The Bernards Inn is a wonderful venue. Apart from the facility itself being so beautiful and elegant, the service was impeccable. Food was excellent in both taste and presentation. Our wedding was a very small intimate gathering of 35 and we used two of the smaller downstairs rooms (Silver Vault/Wine Pantry) for our ceremony and reception. Our guests loved the cozy atmosphere. Every last detail was perfection and we felt we were given just as much attention as a larger wedding would have. Diane Carr and staff are fantastic and will not disappoint.

Sent on 02/04/2013

Amy · Married on 09/22/2012

The Bernards Inn made our
    Wedding the most beautiful wedding I have ever seen. Our guests raved for days about the food, decor and cake. Bonnie was absolutely amazing. She helped us plan until every little detail was perfect. Booking this venue really made this the most perfect day. The cocktail hour lasts 90 minutes and the signature cocktail was to die for. We had a sundae bar which was a huge hit and the cake was exactly like the picture we requested and tasted phenomenal. I cannot rave about the Bernards Inn enough. They truly made the day spectacular!

Sent on 09/28/2012

Diane and her staff were INCREDIBLE. From Day 1 Diane went above and beyond. WARM, FRIENDLY and PROFESSIONAL service. Always took the time to go over every detail with us. She took the time to get to know us. We have zero regrets having our wedding here. Diane and her staff made our wedding that much more special. Attention to detail was impressive. KUDOS..to all at the Bernards Inn. Loved it. Bob and Debbie C

Sent on 07/01/2012

Colleen · Married on 06/02/2012

Wow is all I can say. Every girl dreams about their wedding day, and mine was even more amazing than I thought it would be because of The Bernards Inn. From day one, I was so impressed and knew it was the perfect place for a dream wedding. The Bernards Inn is beautiful and unique, and the staff is simply amazing. Bonnie was constantly available, always answering questions immediately and catered to any request we made, big or small. When our rehearsal venue closed unexpectedly a few months before our wedding, Bonnie and The Bernards Inn were there. They planned the most beautiful weekend, and even made the rehearsal dinner and cocktail hour/reception ambiance different (a main concern for us). On top of all this, the food was amazing. A month after our wedding, we are still getting compliments daily about The Bernards Inn. It is by far the best place to have your wedding!

Sent on 06/29/2012
  • F

Franca · Married on 12/03/2011

The Bernards Inn is an exceptional venue! Our wedding ceremony and reception was perfect from start to finish. Diane Carr and the staff at the Bernards Inn made our wedding a truly wonderful and unique experience for us and our guests. The food is incomparable to any other wedding venue that I've been to, and my guests have been e-mailing and calling me stating that the food and atmosphere were unbelievable! I would HIGHLY recommend have any event at The Bernards Inn!!!

Sent on 12/26/2011

Evan · Married on 10/29/2011

We had our candle lit ceremony and cocktail reception in the Wine Pantry / Silver Vault. It is an elegant and charming venue. Diane Carr and The Bernards Inn staff were fantastic and they exceeded our expectations! The food was exceptional... including the presentation. Our wedding also happened to be on the day of an unusual October snow storm. Power outages all over the community for several days and not only did the Inn remain lit, the staff was incredibly relaxed and very comforting to us and our guests. It was truly a memorable time and a wedding any bride would wish for.

Sent on 11/20/2011

Shannon · Married on 07/23/2011

My wedding reception was recently held at the Bernards Inn in Bernardsville, NJ. From day one of the planning to the big day, the team at the Bernards Inn went above and beyond to make sure my wedding day was nothing short of perfect. Every detail was attended to and their commitment to excellence was evident at every turn. My guests enjoyed great food, unparalleled service and a beautiful setting. Lauren and Diane were incredibly helpful—they took care of every detail so that I could enjoy the day. Simply put—my day was magical and one I’ll never forget. The Bernards Inn was a fantastic venue with an impressive staff that is customer-oriented, professional, friendly and committed to making every event perfect.

Sent on 08/17/2011

Natasha · Married on 07/08/2011

We have nothing but great things to say about the Bernards Inn. Our coordinator was Lauren and she was wonderful from the start. Immediately upon touring the Inn, we loved the charm and the quaintness of it. We had been to see many different venues and we saw few things that we liked. Many offered a great ocean view, but terrible food. The Inn was a little farther then we planned on traveling and a lot more expensive, but Lauren was able to work with us on the budget and we immediately agreed to book our wedding reception. Previously, I might have rated it less on value, but after seeing how much we got, it is definitely worth the price.

Lauren went out of her way to assist us in the planning of the wedding throughout and she would respond to any of our questions within minutes. We decided to have the ceremony at an outdoor venue at a beautiful arboretum not far from the Inn. On the day of the wedding, there was a chance of showers in the evening, but in the morning the sun was shining and we declined a ceremony at the Inn. 4:00 came and the guests were arriving at the arboretum. The groom was there as well when suddenly the skies opened up and the rain began – at a rate of 2 inches per hour! Lauren and the other wonderful people at the Inn reached out to us and told us to come back to the Inn and they would arrange some type of a ceremony. When we arrived, Lauren and the others were outside ready with umbrellas to keep every person dry. At the last minute, they put together a beautiful complete ceremony that we are so grateful for.

Every one of our guests was amazed at the way the staff made sure each and every person was taken care of. The guests loved cocktail hour and emphasized the fact that the food just kept coming. Our friends and family are still raving about the great food served throughout the reception. Many said this was the best food they ever had at a wedding. Unlike many of the other venues, we truly felt special at the Bernards Inn during every step of the way. They even left us a slice of wedding cake and other desserts in our room for us that night. Despite all of the chaos, the staff at the Inn maintained a level of professionalism that many people would not.

We would HIGHLY recommend the Bernards Inn to any couple looking for a location for their wedding.

Sent on 07/15/2011
  • Kathy

Kathy · Married on 06/17/2011

What can I possibly say about a place that was utterly perfect? Literally EVERY detail from the planning with Lauren Montemarano, to the food, to the venue...ALL was perfect. My guests are STILL talking about the amazing food and service and just the sheer beauty of the place. The decor is quietly elegant. No detail is overlooked but nothing hits you over the head.

They work with you on every detail and they worked with us to design a wedding reception that fit our budget. Not one thing went wrong the day of our wedding. The food is outrageously good, there are a ton of selections and you can customize every detail. My wedding cake was the most beautiful thing I have ever seen and we gave the pastry chef a picture printed from the internet. I also decided to surprise my groom with a grooms cake and that FAR exceeded my expectations. It was the highlight of our night. I would recommend to anyone to have their wedding at The Bernards Inn. You will receive top notch service, excellent food and be transported back to a time of refined elegance that cannot be found at any other venue.

Sent on 07/11/2011

Danielle · Married on 05/29/2011

Very professional, upscale service. All of the management, especially General Manager, Diane Carr, at Bernards Inn were on top of things. If I had a request, they would make sure it happened. Executive Chef Corey Heyer went out of his way to make sure there would be food I'd eat (since I'm on a very restrictive diet--gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free, sugar-free...and what he created for me was delicious beyond words). All of the guests were asked table-side if they have special dietary needs, and all were accommodated. My guests cannot stop raving about the service and atmosphere of our venue. Many have said it was the best wedding they'd ever attended. The Bernards Inn is worth the price!

My only complaint is with the overnight accommodations...the bed in the bridal suite was rock hard and located right above the terrace bar, where rowdy revelers were partying loudly. Combine that with a baby crying in the room next door at 2:00 AM....and well, this bride didn't get much sleep the night before her big day...but, everything else was perfect.

Sent on 06/27/2011

Kaitlen · Married on 05/06/2011

We had our wedding at The Bernards Inn on 5/6/11. The Bernards Inn truly made our day more special. It does not have that run of the mill feel like so many of the other places we visited. The service and food are incredible. My guests said they never had a filet mignon cooked so perfect at a wedding. The intimate old world charm ambiance is just so unique and romantic. The Inn has a such a warm feeling too so
    what a great way to start a life together. Diane Carr is fabulous - went above and beyond... didn't miss a beat or any special request I had and there were quite a few. Overall a wonderful experience!

Sent on 05/17/2011

E · Married on 03/12/2011

The Inn was wonderful! It was a elegant and sophisticated with an understated simplicity, which fit us perfectly. The setting was wonderful; it was intimate and personal and had character. The food was excellent, and the service was wonderful. Lauren was incredibly helpful along the way -- she made it such that we had so little to think about!

Sent on 03/24/2011

Crager · Married on 12/31/2010

We had a near perfect experience. You guys did an amazing job in all respects.

Thank you!

Sent on 01/04/2011

Sara · Married on 12/18/2010

We had the best time at the Bernards Inn. Lauren, our coordinator at Bernards, was exceptionally helpful! She is so knowledgeable and friendly, and it was a joy to work with her! Our guests were blown away by the attentiveness of the staff, the elaborate cuisine, and the wonderful ambiance we were able to create there. We ate, drank, and danced the night away!

Sent on 12/31/2010

Kathleen · Married on 11/07/2010

We had a truly lovely family gathering at the Inn. Our expectations were exceeded in the quality of the food, the excellence of the service, and by the loveliness of the setting.
    Thank you for making our gathering such a lovely event.

Kathy & Wayne

Sent on 12/13/2010

Peggy · Married on 11/06/2010

From the beginning of the planning to the day of the wedding, the service provided by the Bernards Inn was impeccable. No detail was left undone. The planning coordinator was of great help to my daughter the day of the wedding in calming her nerves. She was a huge part of that day. From a monetary standpoint, I am thrilled I will not be planning another wedding, but if I did, I would RUN - not walk - to the Bernards Inn. It was THAT great!!

Sent on 12/11/2010

Shannon · Married on 10/22/2010

Keeping our wedding small and intimate was key for me and my fiance. We had the wedding of our dreams, it was completely magical. The food and service were out of this world. Lauren, the catering sales manager was WONDERFUL!!! She kept in touch with us the months leading up to the wedding, and made sure all details were in place. All of the staff made us completely feel at home at the Inn. The Bernards Inn now holds a truly special place in our hearts.

Sent on 11/02/2010

Brian · Married on 10/17/2010

After looking at four other potential venues for our wedding, we chose the Bernards Inn. We wanted our wedding to be small (about 40 guests - some from out of the area) and first-class - and after having our event there last weekend, we are completely pleased and satisfied with the experience. Diane, Lauren and Bonnie were all professional and helpful throughout the process - the food was excellent - the service is terrific without being overbearing - and all of our guests loved it. The staff made it a relatively stress-free process as they managed every detail. We actually had both our ceremony and celebratory dinner at the facility. It worked out very well for us - and we'd certainly recommend it to anyone else.

Sent on 10/21/2010