94 Reviews for The Bernards Inn

Specialty Wine (1)
Decor (1)
Furniture (1)
92 The Bernards Inn Reviews

The events team is wonderful! The night of our event we made a few mistakes, extra people coming, misspelled name cards etc... the Bernards Inn group was so incredibly flexible and willing to help. They were just so lovely. I can not say enough about how helpful they were.

Profile Picture Gretchen, 10/1/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our experience at Bernards Inn was excellent. This was a second wedding. The venue, the food and the service were all exceptional. My guests are still saying that everything was perfect. I do feel that the cost of rentals for table linens/settings were high as I was not aware that I would need to rent these items at first. I also was a bit disappointed with the service of the bridal person assigned to me the day of the wedding. She was very sweet and did anything asked of her but was novice. I will say that Andrea the event director was excellent from the day we booked. She handled every detail and worked hard on my event as it seems she does on all the events that take place at Bernards Inn. I have no regrets. The wedding was truly perfect and I would highly recommend this venue for a wedding or any other type of event!

Profile Picture Donna, 9/23/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering, Rehearsal Dinner Location

The presentation of the buffet was very, very nice. The quality of the food was very high and the meal was delicious.
I would ask (as an enhancement to the service) that Andrea introduces the staff to the host of the event and ensure that the host is well satisfied throughout the event.

Profile Picture Hector, 9/16/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Our wedding would not have been the same if it were anywhere else... Andrea and the entire team helped bring our vision for our day to life! Our wedding day could not have been more perfect. The food, wine selection and service were incredible. Everything ran seamlessly. Our cake was everything we could have hoped for! The entire day was just unforgettable and we cannot thank The Inn enough. Whether it's a Bernards burger at the bar or a full blown wedding- you cannot go wrong at The Bernards Inn!

Profile Picture Alyssa, 9/3/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Valet, Chairs, Dance Floor, Decor, Furniture, Tables, Indoor, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Specialty Wine, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Cake, Event Planning, In-House Bar, In-House Catering, Set Up, Wireless Internet

Could not have been any easier to plan. So helpful and understanding of all the twist and turns of wedding planning and the food and service were impeccable.

Profile Picture David, 8/19/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Everything the inn provided was over the top. They could not have been more supportive or accommodating and professional. The general manager was always available for any questions or concerns. She worked beautifully with the florist, photographer and band. She stayed at the wedding until dinner was served. The maitre d' and wait staff were the best. Food quality was outstanding.
There was nothing they could have improved on.
It was truly a perfect evening!
Brunch the next morning was excellent in every way.
It was an absolute pleasure to work with them.

Profile Picture Beth, 8/19/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Dress & Attire, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

Gorgeous venue, top notch service and professionalism and a good partner for any event.

Profile Picture Rebecca, 5/30/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

We had a wonderful 70th birthday party for my parents. Andrea was very responsive in helping us to plan it. The Wine Room was perfect for our party of 30. I loved how the cocktail 1/2 hr was separate from the dinner room. Jake was very helpful in getting us everything that we needed (easel for poster sized photos, gluten free meals, cleaning up a broken glass, etc.). We had a fantastic time and my parents and their friends are still raving over how amazing it was! Food and drinks were great and service was perfect. Highly recommend!

Profile Picture Erin, 5/28/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Atmosphere is relaxed, yet elegant. Food was absolutely delicious. All guests loved it!

Profile Picture Daniele, 5/16/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Linda was a pleasure to work with and went out of her way to make our event special.

Profile Picture kelly, 4/15/17, 1 Review
3.7

Andrea and the staff were very friendly. Andrea was quick to respond. The invoice we received was wrong twice and we had a mishap during our meeting (champagne toast not there)

We used the facility for a corporate meeting and hotel stay.

Profile Picture Christine, 1/25/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

I strongly recommend the Bernard's Inn as a wedding venue for a small to medium-size wedding. The rooms for the cocktail hour and reception are beautiful, the food is delicious, and the guest rooms are lovely and comfortable. Jessica, the main event coordinator, was very helpful and responsive. The entire support staff did a wonderful job of creating a beautiful atmosphere for the wedding, cocktail hour, and the reception. They were very attentive to the needs of our guests and the service was both warm and professional.

Profile Picture User7593205, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

Couldn't have asked for a more beautiful wedding - the Bernards Inn certainly pulls off elegant, seamless weddings with ease. My groom, our families, the bridal party, and I did not have to worry about a thing.. the staff is fabulous. Five stars all around.. and of course, our guests still cannot stop talking about the food. Absolutely exquisite.

Profile Picture Zachary, 10/2/16, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

The Bernards Inn was excellent in every way. First of all, Jessica Quesada was our coordinator, she was truly fabulous from the very beginning we met with her. She took time to go over all the wedding packages, and all the options we had. She was extremely professional and knowledgeable. Most of all, she is very warm and caring.
Everything went very smoothly on the wedding day. The food at the cocktail hour as well as the reception was excellent. We had so many guests complimenting the food. The service was excellent and the tables at the reception were absolutely beautiful set up. I would definitely recommend Jessica as well as the Bernards Inn.

Profile Picture Erika, 10/1/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning

Steve, my husband, and I am so happy that we chose The Bernards Inn for our wedding reception. From the selection and planning stages right through to the Big Day, we were not disappointed. Entirely professional, thorough and flexible in approach, every detail was not overlooked by Bonnie and the team. We felt that Bonnie shared personally in the success of our event! I truly valued her advice, direction and partnership on all of the decisions that we made. The selection of food offerings was incredible, the wait and bar staff was efficient and professional and, the hotel team was highly attentive. This, coupled with the refined beauty and the elegance of The Inn, resulted in rave reviews from all of our guests. Everyone and everything at The Bernards Inn stands for top notch class and a refined, warm and elegant charm that can not be compared. We look forward to visiting The Inn in the future!

Profile Picture Teri, 6/5/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

My husband and I had our rehearsal dinner at Bernard's Inn on May 13, 2016. After touring the facility, having an amazing Sunday brunch there and comparing the price to other more casual options in the area (private rooms in upscale pubs) there there was no question. What an incredible venue and perfect location to kick-off our wedding weekend! We had a total of 43 guests and booked the wine cellar. The space is totally private with it's own entrance and is absolutely stunning. Following 45 minutes of cocktails and passed hors' dourves we moved into a separate room for our 4 course dinner. The food was delicious and staff very accommodating.

Profile Picture Courtney, 5/14/16, 10 Reviews
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s)

We certainly chose well when we decided to have our wedding at The Bernards Inn. Everything was perfect from start to finish. Bonnie was so very helpful during the planning stages, and her execution exceeded our expectations. The rooms were beautiful as well as functional, and our guests raved about the food. The service staff was amazing. Each member of this well-trained team watched over the room at all times, attending to our guests with speed and grace. The Bernards Inn took all the stress and little details out of our hands, allowing us to completely enjoy our special day.

Profile Picture Dawn, 2/27/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

The staff at the Bernards inn was so helpful, and attentive. The bridal attendant and Maitre'D went above and beyond. They kept us on schedule and handled a few situations so we did not have to deal with anything stressful.
The food at the Bernards inn is of the highest quality. Our guests could not get over the cocktail hour and those pumpkin ravioli are to die for! It's been a month since our big day and our friends and family are still raving about the food. They offer a variety of choices.

Jessica was very accommodating. We wanted mini cupcakes ( which were delicious) and she helped us choose our signature drink. She also made sure my husband was able to have lamb for his meal which was his one request.

The inn is beautiful and made for a gorgeous backdrop to all of our pictures, and the bridal suite was amazing!! Joshua B. Was very helpful with setting up our room block and when I needed to add more rooms he took care of it.

We had a small wedding about 100 guests and the inn was very spacious. It's rustic look makes you feel at home.

The day went so quickly but we could not have been happier with our expierence.

Profile Picture User5647851, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake

We had our wedding reception at the Bernard's Inn and it could not have been more perfect! The Inn is such a beautiful setting between the cozy wine pantry and silver vault where we had our cocktail hour to the gorgeous ballroom upstairs. Bonnie was an absolute pleasure to work with from start to finish. She ensured that planning was easy and seamless and flawlessly executed our vision. All of our guests were raving about how wonderful the evening was from the food that was out of this world to the impeccable service, the Bernard's Inn was truly the perfect setting for our wedding!! One of my favorite things from the night was our cake. The on-site pastry chef really outdid herself, we had sent over a few pictures and ideas and the end result was even more beautiful then I could have imagined! The Bernard's Inn is truly an incredible venue and we cannot thank the staff there enough for making our wedding the most wonderful night of our lives!!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Sarah, 10/24/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Chairs, Dance Floor, Tables, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Wine, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, Indoor, Valet, Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Cake, Event Planning, Event Rentals

I live in Sweden and had to trust the opinions of my mother and my sister with a lot of things. I trust them completely but our opinions on things are not always the same! I only saw the Bernards Inn for the first time a few months before the wedding and my husband saw it only a few days before... It was a scary undertaking but well worth the risk. We chose the Inn because it was accommodating to 'smaller' weddings and there were also rooms for a number of the people we had traveling in. Bonnie was exceptional and truly professional right from the beginning. She was accommodating to us wanting to have a non-traditional NJ wedding in order to incorporate a number of Swedish aspects. Everything was amazing and there were things they thought of that I wouldn't have even imagined needing myself until it was offered. Everything went smoothly and it was easy to leave everything in their hands and trust it was going to happen. The food was amazing - some friends said it was the best cocktail hour they ever attended, even though we had scaled down the food offerings completely by NJ standards! We had dinner in the ballroom and dancing downstairs, and everything worked perfectly. I can't say enough amazing things about Bonnie and all of the staff at the Bernards Inn. I thank them all for making our wedding day truly beautiful and memorable!!

Profile Picture amy, 9/5/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

Many of our guests commented this was the BEST wedding they had ever been to! The Inn is elegant, the food is to die for, the service is excellent, and the price is just unbelievably reasonable!!!

We started with cocktail hour in the ballroom followed by dinner. There was so much amazing food for our cocktail hour we had to remind our guests that dinner was still to follow! The lobster corn fritters and jumbo shrimp were super tasty and many of our guests raved about the French station with it's warm brie, onion soup pastries, and mini croque monsieurs.

We had a platted dinner with a pesto ravioli appetizer followed by a choice of sirloin or chicken. Dinner and wine orders were taken table side -- each table had it's own waiter plus a head waiter for each side of the room plus we got our own private butler for the entire event who make sure we didn't miss one thing we had ordered!!

After dinner we decided to take everyone downstairs for dancing in the Silver Vault and Wine pantry. Which was the best decision we ever made. Since everyone had to stand up and go down stairs the dance party started immediately didn't stop until the event was over!

When we got back up to the complimentary bridal suite our butler had saved us both a slice of wedding cake and two of every wonderful desert we had missed while we had been dancing! The staff had also already washed and repackaged our toasting flutes, cake knife, and serving utensils and put them safely in our room.

All night the service was absolutely amazing. From Bonnie and Jessica our on-site wedding coordinators, Jake our banquet manager, and Barbra our personal butler every single person was friendly, polite, and responsive.

Profile Picture Jake, 8/23/15, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

The staff at the Bernards Inn was meticulous about every aspect of the reception we planned for my soon and daughter in law law that took placre with the banquet manager Andrea Testa. . She was very helpful and made sure that the party. I highly recommend having a special event for a family member at the Bernards Inn. This was the second event that we had there.

Profile Picture GAIL, 6/13/15, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Bonnie and the staff at the Bernard's Inn were superbly attentive to make my wedding a smooth, beautiful, and wonderfully memorable event! My fiance and I held a small wedding celebration (40 people) to unite our East and West Coast families last weekend, and it couldn't have been more perfect! Working with the staff at BI was a very easy and enjoyable experience from start to finish. We were amazed with the attention to detail and perfection in the food at our tasting, and that level of service carried through our entire stay at the inn for our wedding weekend. My fiance and I stayed at the inn with my family from California. Our rooms were gorgeous and we have all of our needs attended to. Bonnie coordinated food so that our guests arriving later in the evenings would have a warm meal awaiting them. Our wedding day was so fabulous, I cannot even think of a single hiccup in the whole event! We had a staff member assigned to make sure that my fiance and I had food and drink at all times - and even accommodated my gluten-free diet to a T! The food was phenomenal - from the cocktail hour through the cake (which was totally gluten-free, and no one had a clue!) and desserts. We used the Bernard's Inn house florist (Jardiniere Fine Flowers), and they were absolutely lovely. Jardiniere worked with the Bernard's Inn to decorate our cake with fresh flowers, and it looked even more beautiful than the picture I had sent them! At the end of the night, Bonnie's staff made sure that all of our belongings were safely returned to our room...and left us a gorgeous display of desserts, champagne, and wedding cake. It was the perfect ending to a perfect day! I highly recommend Bernard's Inn for anyone looking for an exquisite wedding - from the planning to the final toast!

Profile Picture Megan, 4/18/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

This was just a fantastic venue for our Wedding. Bonnie of The Bernards Inn took care of EVERYTHING. The coordination, scheduling, tasting, and service was what you expect from such an elegant location. The ceremony was beautiful and the reception was truly outstanding. We had the reception in the Wine Pantry and Silver Vault which was so intimate and beautiful. I cannot tell you how many guests commented on how this was the best wedding they have ever been at. The presentation from the cocktail hour to the meals was flawless. We had 3 choices for a main course and all were made to perfection and plated beautifully. The whole staff could not have been nicer and hugs and kisses to Bonnie who made this day a beautiful memory.

Profile Picture Bruce, 3/21/15, 2 Reviews