The Bernards Inn Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2012 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2011 Winner

Erin Married on 10/22/2021

Elegant Celebration

The Bernards Inn is a class act establishment. Our wedding ceremony and reception went on without a single hitch. Amanda and Felix were attentive, flexible, and easy to work with!! Everyone on site from the servers and bartenders to guest services were pleasant and helpful.
  • Allison
    Allison F. Married on 07/15/2021

Fantastic perfect magic

We had a small intimate wedding ceremony and dinner in the Silver Vault and it was perfect. The staff was so helpful to allow us to really customize the space and the food and the service top notch. Everyone had a great time!

The Bernards Inn's reply:

Thank you so much! You did an amazing job on all of your decor. We wish you and Magnus a lifetime of happiness.
  • Rachel
    Rachel Married on 12/14/2019

Christmas Wedding 2019

The Bernard's Inn was the perfect choice for our Christmas wedding! Amanda and her staff were so responsive and helpful throughout the entire wedding planning process. We booked the venue over a year in advance and they had changed the event manager during that time but Amanda made sure everything was set for our wedding day. Every detail was planned out perfectly and our wedding could not have been more amazing! On our wedding day, Amanda stayed late to make sure everything went smoothly. The venue is gorgeous and was already decorated for Christmas during my December 14th wedding. My guests loved taking pictures by the Christmas tree in the front entrance. Everyone loved the food and my guests raved about the cocktail hour! The cocktail hour is in a wine pantry and is so romantic and cozy your guests will love it! We also had our after party in the wine pantry. The venue has 20 guest rooms, which was a huge plus for us! The bridal suite is perfect for pictures and getting ready in. My guests who stayed the night absolutely loved their rooms. From planning the wedding to the day of, everything and everyone at The Bernard's Inn was perfect! I would recommend this venue to anyone!! Thank you so much for making our wedding day so magical.
  • Shell
    Shell Married on 08/04/2019

Intimate family wedding

Our intimate family wedding at the Bernards Inn was fantastic! We spent only a month putting the day together, but the day of went off flawlessly! We had a 10 person ceremony in the silver cellar, followed by an hour for pictures, and then our additional family and friends arrived for a total of just 40 guests. The cocktail hour in the silver cellar had the perfect intimate, elegant and romantic vibe with our own music piped in. We were able to also put together our own centerpieces on their wood tables for dinner in the wine pantry. Andrea worked to make sure my flowers survived until our Sunday afternoon event in their refrigerator (and they did, thank you!). I really appreciated how the Bernard's Inn worked with us to make our event fall within our budget (beer, wine, champagne only bar) without judgement or making it feel like we skipped over important details. It was a wonderful day and weekend (I highly recommend staying before and after the wedding!).
    Ken R. Married on 07/13/2019

A pleasure, for start to finish

Hosted a birthday party at the Bernard's Inn and from the minute we we sat down in the venue, we knew it was the perfect fit. After seeing a half dozen other restaurants, we signed on the spot.

The planners are excellent, they respond usually within an hour. The servers were incredible, each introducing themselves and making sure everyone was happy and well looked after. The food is amazing. If you've never dined at the Bernard's Inn, you must try it. We did not ask for a sampling of food prior to our event, simply because we kew it would be top-notch, and it certainly was.

They have a few private dining menu options, and we chose the open bar and cordial service which worked out wonderfully, both in convenience and in price. We added a few item to the set menu, including a salad, extra pasta course and additional entree choice. Seriously, nothing is an issue, you ask, and they make it happen all for an extremely reasonable price.

We had a few people comment that a private event must be a fortune at the Inn, but honestly, I thought it was a great value when you consider all you're getting, not to mention a staff that literally takes care of the tiniest detail.

We were so thrilled at the end of the night, we joked about finding an excuse to host another party in the very near future.
    Lauren J. Married on 07/13/2019

Everything we wanted for our wedding!

We got married in July at the Bernards Inn. We live out of town and so we were planning the wedding from long distance. The entire process was seamless and the team there, Andrea especially, is so amazing that we were able to trust that everything would work out despite not being there for much of the planning process. On the wedding weekend, everything exceeded our expectations! From the service to the food, to the charm of the Inn, we and our guests were blown away! I could not recommend a spot more - it was simply perfect!!!
  • Sally
    Sally S. Married on 06/18/2019

Sophisticated, beautiful and fun venue

Andrea, Felix and the whole team were extremely responsive and easy to deal with. The food was excellent and the service could not have been more friendly and accommodating. We had such fun we didn't want the event to end.
    Leanne Married on 06/01/2019

A Dream Come True

Our wedding on June 1st was an absolute dream! The Bernards Inn is a truly beautiful venue with fantastic service ! Andrea and her team were responsive to my questions and took care of our every need. The day of the wedding all we had to do was smile and enjoy the day! It was everything we could have ever dreamed of and we cannot thank the team enough for everything! We will absolutely be back for our anniversary to relive the best day of our lives!
    Lindsey S. Married on 05/19/2019

You Can't Beat the Bernards Inn!

I could not love this charming little inn any more. I am from the area and have grown up coming here, so it was important that the Inn be part of our wedding...and it was a HUGE part! We had our rehearsal dinner in the Silver Vault and it was absolutely spectacular. Food was divine (to this day I have never had a better lobster bisque), service was on point, and the ambiance romantic, cozy, and elegant. Most of our guests stayed at the Inn and I received many texts about how lovely they found it and consequently, how lovely they found the town. I stayed in the Bridal Suite the night before the wedding and it was so comfortable, it felt like home. The morning of the wedding, they set up a hot breakfast and coffee and juice outside the suite in the hallway for my girls and I to enjoy while getting ready. At one point, my mother went outside to find a line! Apparently hotel guests thought it was for them. We called downstairs and the Inn IMMEDIATELY printed and put up a sign for the table alerting the hotel guests that it was for the bridal party, and they replenished all of the food as well. Everyone had a laugh and it was perfectly fine. The morning after the wedding, my husband's family hosted a farewell breakfast for our guests in the green room and once again the food was delicious and the service was great. It was a perfect way to fill everyone up with good food and send them off. The Inn handled all of our events seamlessly and with traditional small town grace and charm.

The Bernards Inn's reply:

Thank you Lindsey and Tyler, We not only loved having you stay here at The Inn but was our pleasure to make sure your guests enjoyed there 2 day stay here as well. All the best to both of you.
    Andrea Testa
    Director of Events
    Susan Married on 02/16/2019

Wonderful wedding at the Bernards Inn

Our wedding in 2/2019 was perfect. The weather was cool and sunny and everything went as planned, thanks to the staff at the Bernards Inn. We received SO many compliments about the food. It was delicious. Our wedding was small and held in the Silver Vault and Wine Pantry which was perfect for us. Very intimate and private. The fireplaces and warm wood decor was just what we wanted in February - classy yet romantic.
  • Ally
    Ally Married on 01/26/2019

Dream Wedding come true!

My husband and I knew we wanted a wedding that was intimate and family centered, when we walked into the Bernards Inn we knew that this was the place that would fulfill that dream. Working with Andrea and her team was fabulous especially since I did not live in NJ at the time of the wedding. They answered every question and email, and helped put together our vision. The day was absolutely fabulous, I still get rave reviews from our guests on how fabulous the atmosphere, the food, the drinks and most importantly the staff. Every was extremely professional and made that day run so smoothly and helped every step of the way.
    Cori T. Married on 12/08/2018

Wedding Day

The Bernards Inn really goes above and beyond to make sure your dream day becomes a reality. I would recommend to anyone 10 out of 10 times. Can't thank Andrea and her team enough!!
    Lisa Married on 09/09/2018
    The Bernards Inn was a wonderful place to have a wedding! The service and accommodations are unbeatable for the price. Andrea and her team made sure everything flowed seamlessly. I would highly recommend this venue for all occasions.
    Grace Married on 08/25/2018
    I cannot say enough about The Bernards Inn. Andrea, Andrea and Elizabeth were THE BEST. Everyone was passionate, hard working, and wanting to please us at every turn. Seriously. They all went above and beyond the call of duty without batting an eye. When Andrea found out I hadn't eaten yet, magically food appeared and she was feeding it to me. They copied my program/invitation design for the menus. The cake was a dang masterpiece. I asked for an iceberg and they grew me custom blue crystals. WHAT. My mom is a former catering manager and is VERY hard to please, because she knows the business so well, and she's very picky. She was BLOWN AWAY. Food was amazing, service was great. I've been told by a lot of my guests it was the best wedding they've ever been to -- AND I BELIEVE THEM. Thinking of booking The Bernards Inn? Do. It.
    Jess Married on 06/16/2018
    The Bernard’s inn made me wedding day seamless and stress free - this is a venue that includes a wedding co-ordinator (Andrea) the day of, and believe me, you need it! Andrea was fantastic from our first meeting with her. Incredibly flexible, helpful and really understood what we were looking for. Oh and the food? OUTSTANDING. Our guests had a great time and we danced all night. Couldn’t recommend them enough!
    Carin Married on 06/02/2018
    Great Job! Well done on every level. Attention to detail, food was amazing, drinks were on point. Service was impeccable.
    Jean Married on 04/02/2018
    Andrea did a great job in making our meeting a great experience. The food was great. The room was great. We are planning to host our monthly meeting there going foward.
    Kathleen Married on 03/19/2018
    Max, Jennifer and I thoroughly enjoyed our neighborhood event that we held at the Bernards Inn. The staff was wonderful and totally flexible. Thank you so very much for making it such a special evening for all!! Kathy Roberts
    Judith Married on 03/09/2018
    We had the most beautiful and delightful rehearsal dinner! The staff was extremely courteous and attentive, the food was great, and our guests had a truly wonderful time. I don't think we could have had a better experience than the evening we and our forty guests shared at The Bernard's Inn.
  • F
    Fatima Married on 01/30/2018
    We have used The Bernards Inn for Corporate Meeting/Events - and time after time our colleagues requested to go there, because the service is impeccable, the food is outstanding and the facilities/space is wonderful.
    Lisa Married on 01/17/2018
    I have hosted 2 Group Dinners for my Team and both have far exceeded our expectations. No restaurant in the area can compete. The food is amazing, the wine selection fantastic and the service is 5 star.
    Alyssa Married on 09/03/2017
    Our wedding would not have been the same if it were anywhere else... Andrea and the entire team helped bring our vision for our day to life! Our wedding day could not have been more perfect. The food, wine selection and service were incredible. Everything ran seamlessly. Our cake was everything we could have hoped for! The entire day was just unforgettable and we cannot thank The Inn enough. Whether it's a Bernards burger at the bar or a full blown wedding- you cannot go wrong at The Bernards Inn!
    David Married on 08/19/2017
    Could not have been any easier to plan. So helpful and understanding of all the twist and turns of wedding planning and the food and service were impeccable.
    Beth Married on 08/19/2017
    Everything the inn provided was over the top. They could not have been more supportive or accommodating and professional. The general manager was always available for any questions or concerns. She worked beautifully with the florist, photographer and band. She stayed at the wedding until dinner was served. The maitre d' and wait staff were the best. Food quality was outstanding.
    There was nothing they could have improved on.
    It was truly a perfect evening!
    Brunch the next morning was excellent in every way.
    It was an absolute pleasure to work with them.