The Bernards Inn Reviews

The Bernards Inn 5
The Bernards Inn 6
The Bernards Inn 7

Lisa · Married on 09/09/2018

The Bernards Inn was a wonderful place to have a wedding! The service and accommodations are unbeatable for the price. Andrea and her team made sure everything flowed seamlessly. I would highly recommend this venue for all occasions.

Grace · Married on 08/25/2018

I cannot say enough about The Bernards Inn. Andrea, Andrea and Elizabeth were THE BEST. Everyone was passionate, hard working, and wanting to please us at every turn. Seriously. They all went above and beyond the call of duty without batting an eye. When Andrea found out I hadn't eaten yet, magically food appeared and she was feeding it to me. They copied my program/invitation design for the menus. The cake was a dang masterpiece. I asked for an iceberg and they grew me custom blue crystals. WHAT. My mom is a former catering manager and is VERY hard to please, because she knows the business so well, and she's very picky. She was BLOWN AWAY. Food was amazing, service was great. I've been told by a lot of my guests it was the best wedding they've ever been to -- AND I BELIEVE THEM. Thinking of booking The Bernards Inn? Do. It.

The Bernards Inn 8
    The Bernards Inn 14
    The Bernards Inn 15
    The Bernards Inn 16

Jess · Married on 06/16/2018

The Bernard’s inn made me wedding day seamless and stress free - this is a venue that includes a wedding co-ordinator (Andrea) the day of, and believe me, you need it! Andrea was fantastic from our first meeting with her. Incredibly flexible, helpful and really understood what we were looking for. Oh and the food? OUTSTANDING. Our guests had a great time and we danced all night. Couldn’t recommend them enough!

Carin · Married on 06/02/2018

Great Job! Well done on every level. Attention to detail, food was amazing, drinks were on point. Service was impeccable.

Jean · Married on 04/02/2018

Andrea did a great job in making our meeting a great experience. The food was great. The room was great. We are planning to host our monthly meeting there going foward.

Kathleen · Married on 03/19/2018

Max, Jennifer and I thoroughly enjoyed our neighborhood event that we held at the Bernards Inn. The staff was wonderful and totally flexible. Thank you so very much for making it such a special evening for all!! Kathy Roberts

Judith · Married on 03/09/2018

We had the most beautiful and delightful rehearsal dinner! The staff was extremely courteous and attentive, the food was great, and our guests had a truly wonderful time. I don't think we could have had a better experience than the evening we and our forty guests shared at The Bernard's Inn.

• F

Fatima · Married on 01/30/2018

We have used The Bernards Inn for Corporate Meeting/Events - and time after time our colleagues requested to go there, because the service is impeccable, the food is outstanding and the facilities/space is wonderful.

Lisa · Married on 01/17/2018

I have hosted 2 Group Dinners for my Team and both have far exceeded our expectations. No restaurant in the area can compete. The food is amazing, the wine selection fantastic and the service is 5 star.

Alyssa · Married on 09/03/2017

Our wedding would not have been the same if it were anywhere else... Andrea and the entire team helped bring our vision for our day to life! Our wedding day could not have been more perfect. The food, wine selection and service were incredible. Everything ran seamlessly. Our cake was everything we could have hoped for! The entire day was just unforgettable and we cannot thank The Inn enough. Whether it's a Bernards burger at the bar or a full blown wedding- you cannot go wrong at The Bernards Inn!

David · Married on 08/19/2017

Could not have been any easier to plan. So helpful and understanding of all the twist and turns of wedding planning and the food and service were impeccable.

Beth · Married on 08/19/2017

Everything the inn provided was over the top. They could not have been more supportive or accommodating and professional. The general manager was always available for any questions or concerns. She worked beautifully with the florist, photographer and band. She stayed at the wedding until dinner was served. The maitre d' and wait staff were the best. Food quality was outstanding.
    There was nothing they could have improved on.
    It was truly a perfect evening!
    Brunch the next morning was excellent in every way.
    It was an absolute pleasure to work with them.

Rebecca · Married on 05/30/2017

Gorgeous venue, top notch service and professionalism and a good partner for any event.

Erin · Married on 05/28/2017

We had a wonderful 70th birthday party for my parents. Andrea was very responsive in helping us to plan it. The Wine Room was perfect for our party of 30. I loved how the cocktail 1/2 hr was separate from the dinner room. Jake was very helpful in getting us everything that we needed (easel for poster sized photos, gluten free meals, cleaning up a broken glass, etc.). We had a fantastic time and my parents and their friends are still raving over how amazing it was! Food and drinks were great and service was perfect. Highly recommend!

• Z

Zachary · Married on 10/02/2016

Couldn't have asked for a more beautiful wedding - the Bernards Inn certainly pulls off elegant, seamless weddings with ease. My groom, our families, the bridal party, and I did not have to worry about a thing.. the staff is fabulous. Five stars all around.. and of course, our guests still cannot stop talking about the food. Absolutely exquisite.

Erika · Married on 10/01/2016

The Bernards Inn was excellent in every way. First of all, Jessica Quesada was our coordinator, she was truly fabulous from the very beginning we met with her. She took time to go over all the wedding packages, and all the options we had. She was extremely professional and knowledgeable. Most of all, she is very warm and caring.
    Everything went very smoothly on the wedding day. The food at the cocktail hour as well as the reception was excellent. We had so many guests complimenting the food. The service was excellent and the tables at the reception were absolutely beautiful set up. I would definitely recommend Jessica as well as the Bernards Inn.

Teri · Married on 06/05/2016

Steve, my husband, and I am so happy that we chose The Bernards Inn for our wedding reception. From the selection and planning stages right through to the Big Day, we were not disappointed. Entirely professional, thorough and flexible in approach, every detail was not overlooked by Bonnie and the team. We felt that Bonnie shared personally in the success of our event! I truly valued her advice, direction and partnership on all of the decisions that we made. The selection of food offerings was incredible, the wait and bar staff was efficient and professional and, the hotel team was highly attentive. This, coupled with the refined beauty and the elegance of The Inn, resulted in rave reviews from all of our guests. Everyone and everything at The Bernards Inn stands for top notch class and a refined, warm and elegant charm that can not be compared. We look forward to visiting The Inn in the future!

Courtney · Married on 05/14/2016

My husband and I had our rehearsal dinner at Bernard's Inn on May 13, 2016. After touring the facility, having an amazing Sunday brunch there and comparing the price to other more casual options in the area (private rooms in upscale pubs) there there was no question. What an incredible venue and perfect location to kick-off our wedding weekend! We had a total of 43 guests and booked the wine cellar. The space is totally private with it's own entrance and is absolutely stunning. Following 45 minutes of cocktails and passed hors' dourves we moved into a separate room for our 4 course dinner. The food was delicious and staff very accommodating.

Dawn · Married on 02/27/2016

We certainly chose well when we decided to have our wedding at The Bernards Inn. Everything was perfect from start to finish. Bonnie was so very helpful during the planning stages, and her execution exceeded our expectations. The rooms were beautiful as well as functional, and our guests raved about the food. The service staff was amazing. Each member of this well-trained team watched over the room at all times, attending to our guests with speed and grace. The Bernards Inn took all the stress and little details out of our hands, allowing us to completely enjoy our special day.

The staff at the Bernards inn was so helpful, and attentive. The bridal attendant and Maitre'D went above and beyond. They kept us on schedule and handled a few situations so we did not have to deal with anything stressful.
    The food at the Bernards inn is of the highest quality. Our guests could not get over the cocktail hour and those pumpkin ravioli are to die for! It's been a month since our big day and our friends and family are still raving about the food. They offer a variety of choices.

Jessica was very accommodating. We wanted mini cupcakes ( which were delicious) and she helped us choose our signature drink. She also made sure my husband was able to have lamb for his meal which was his one request.

The inn is beautiful and made for a gorgeous backdrop to all of our pictures, and the bridal suite was amazing!! Joshua B. Was very helpful with setting up our room block and when I needed to add more rooms he took care of it.

We had a small wedding about 100 guests and the inn was very spacious. It's rustic look makes you feel at home.

The day went so quickly but we could not have been happier with our expierence.

Sarah · Married on 10/24/2015

We had our wedding reception at the Bernard's Inn and it could not have been more perfect! The Inn is such a beautiful setting between the cozy wine pantry and silver vault where we had our cocktail hour to the gorgeous ballroom upstairs. Bonnie was an absolute pleasure to work with from start to finish. She ensured that planning was easy and seamless and flawlessly executed our vision. All of our guests were raving about how wonderful the evening was from the food that was out of this world to the impeccable service, the Bernard's Inn was truly the perfect setting for our wedding!! One of my favorite things from the night was our cake. The on-site pastry chef really outdid herself, we had sent over a few pictures and ideas and the end result was even more beautiful then I could have imagined! The Bernard's Inn is truly an incredible venue and we cannot thank the staff there enough for making our wedding the most wonderful night of our lives!!

Sent on 01/17/2016

The Bernards Inn's reply:

Hello Sarah and Greg, Thank you so very much for this beautiful review. I hope that you are enjoying married life and settled in your new home. Please send me some of your beautiful photos when you can. Warmest wishes to an adorable couple and thank you for submitting an I "Inn Moment" Instagram winning photo.

amy · Married on 09/05/2015

I live in Sweden and had to trust the opinions of my mother and my sister with a lot of things. I trust them completely but our opinions on things are not always the same! I only saw the Bernards Inn for the first time a few months before the wedding and my husband saw it only a few days before... It was a scary undertaking but well worth the risk. We chose the Inn because it was accommodating to 'smaller' weddings and there were also rooms for a number of the people we had traveling in. Bonnie was exceptional and truly professional right from the beginning. She was accommodating to us wanting to have a non-traditional NJ wedding in order to incorporate a number of Swedish aspects. Everything was amazing and there were things they thought of that I wouldn't have even imagined needing myself until it was offered. Everything went smoothly and it was easy to leave everything in their hands and trust it was going to happen. The food was amazing - some friends said it was the best cocktail hour they ever attended, even though we had scaled down the food offerings completely by NJ standards! We had dinner in the ballroom and dancing downstairs, and everything worked perfectly. I can't say enough amazing things about Bonnie and all of the staff at the Bernards Inn. I thank them all for making our wedding day truly beautiful and memorable!!

Jake · Married on 08/23/2015

Many of our guests commented this was the BEST wedding they had ever been to! The Inn is elegant, the food is to die for, the service is excellent, and the price is just unbelievably reasonable!!!

We started with cocktail hour in the ballroom followed by dinner. There was so much amazing food for our cocktail hour we had to remind our guests that dinner was still to follow! The lobster corn fritters and jumbo shrimp were super tasty and many of our guests raved about the French station with it's warm brie, onion soup pastries, and mini croque monsieurs.

We had a platted dinner with a pesto ravioli appetizer followed by a choice of sirloin or chicken. Dinner and wine orders were taken table side -- each table had it's own waiter plus a head waiter for each side of the room plus we got our own private butler for the entire event who make sure we didn't miss one thing we had ordered!!

After dinner we decided to take everyone downstairs for dancing in the Silver Vault and Wine pantry. Which was the best decision we ever made. Since everyone had to stand up and go down stairs the dance party started immediately didn't stop until the event was over!

When we got back up to the complimentary bridal suite our butler had saved us both a slice of wedding cake and two of every wonderful desert we had missed while we had been dancing! The staff had also already washed and repackaged our toasting flutes, cake knife, and serving utensils and put them safely in our room.

All night the service was absolutely amazing. From Bonnie and Jessica our on-site wedding coordinators, Jake our banquet manager, and Barbra our personal butler every single person was friendly, polite, and responsive.

GAIL · Married on 06/13/2015

The staff at the Bernards Inn was meticulous about every aspect of the reception we planned for my soon and daughter in law law that took placre with the banquet manager Andrea Testa. . She was very helpful and made sure that the party. I highly recommend having a special event for a family member at the Bernards Inn. This was the second event that we had there.