The Benjamins Reviews

145 | Clifton, NJ

145 Reviews for The Benjamins

Cristina · Married on 06/26/2015

I want to start out by saying how awesome it was the have the Benjamins at our wedding! They were AMAZING! We went to a friend's wedding a few years back and fell in love with the Benjamins. From then on, we always went and saw them out and always had a blast. When we got engaged back in April 2014, we knew we NEEDED them for our wedding June 2015. Knowing that, we booked right away. Leading up to the big day, Jeremy was always great getting back to me and answering any and all questions that I had. Then we get to the wedding at Addison park...we couldn't have asked for anything more. They played an amazing selection from our song list and our guests had a blast- everyone told us how much of a great time they had! Our dance floor was pretty big, but it was always filled with people when the Benjamins were on.. I know my husband and I couldn't get off! They also played a variety of songs to get everyone interested, which was definitely key. We couldn't be happier with our wedding day music!!

Sent on 07/16/2015

Nicole · Married on 06/12/2015

I had the Benjamins at my wedding and they were amazing!!! Everyone was up and dancing the whole time and really enjoying themselves. I have gotten so many compliments on my band. I didn't want the typical boring wedding band like so many people have and when I saw that the Benjamins did weddings I was so excited and knew I needed to have them at my wedding. Even before my wedding, my guests were so excited that they would be performing. They even learned little red wagon for me and they did a great job.

Sent on 07/08/2015

The Benjamin's were fantastic at our wedding this past weekend!! If your looking for a fun, current and professional live band for your big day - book the Benjamin's.. you won't be disappointed! My only complaint would be that my feet hurt so badly b/c I couldn't sit out for a single song! Was having too much fun to sit one out :) danced every song they played! They were the perfect band for our wedding night and I thank them so much for adding to our very special night. THANK YOU!!!!

Sent on 03/31/2015

Nick · Married on 03/13/2015

The Benjamin's are an incredible band, through and through, and were one of the best aspects of our wedding day. Their professionalism, attention to detail and talent are second to none, regardless of where you're located. I couldn't give a better recommendation to a vendor.

Sent on 03/20/2016

Stacey · Married on 12/13/2014

The Benjamins are absolutely amazing!! They were better than any other band I've seen at a wedding (and I have been to many weddings!) - from the type of music they played (all fun, upbeat songs, and really well tailored to the specific genre requests we made) to the energy level (people were dancing the entire night) to the quality (it sounded like a concert and not your typical "wedding" band). I honestly can't say enough good things about them - my guests are still raving about them! I would recommend them 1000% - the music is so important for a wedding, and the Benjamins really elevated my wedding to another level.

Sent on 01/13/2015

Caitlin A. · Married on 11/29/2014

We had the absolute best time at our wedding. I was very concerned that my husband and I would not have enough time to dance - I was wrong! We spent the entire night in the dance floor and the Benjamins kept the energy up the whole night!! We had so many compliments that night and in the weeks after! The acoustic music option during cocktail brought our wedding to another level!! I would recommend them 100 times over!!

Sent on 01/12/2015

Shari · Married on 11/16/2014

The Benjamin's are the absolute best! They put their heart and soul into every song and truly created the best evening ever. The crowd could not get off the dance floor. I'd hire the Benjamin's for my next event in a heartbeat! Thank you guys!!

Sent on 01/12/2015

Kolleen · Married on 11/02/2014

Hired the Benjamins trio for my sister's cocktail hour. It was a last minute booking, and Joe was on top of all the details. He responded to all of my questions quickly and efficiently. They pulled off an amazing performance with only 2 weeks notice. They played all the songs that we requested, and were extremely easy to work with. Everyone at the wedding was commenting on how amazing they sounded and how entertaining the band was. People of all ages enjoyed their music, from the very young crowd to the older guests, all were rocking along with the Benjamins. They were the talk of the night, and many guests asked when and where they were playing next so that they could be at their next show. Music at a wedding can either make it or break it, and the Benjamins are always a sure hit! Thank you for making my sister's wedding unforgettable.

Sent on 11/03/2014

Sheree · Married on 11/01/2014

What can I say? They killed it! They were absolutely amazing! We were so lucky and blessed that they were able to rearrange their schedule, as they were already booked initially for another event. We dealt with Alex at Stars Productions. He was not only excellent to work with, but extremely accommodating and quick to respond whenever questions or concerns came about. We met with Jeremy from the band over the summer to iron out the details. He was so excited for us and so happy to have the opportunity to play for us at our wedding. Everyone came up to us all night long and asked "How in the world did you get The Benjamins?" Even today, as the weekend has come to a close, there is still an enormous amount of chatter, compliments, and sheer amazement from so many. Because our family and friends were so impressed by their perfomance and the fact that we were able to book them, it reiterates to us that we made the right choice. Thank you so much to Jeremy, Alex, and the rest of the band for making a humongous difference and leaving a lasting impression on all of us. We are very grateful!

Sheree Reiff and Michael Guglielmi

Sent on 09/29/2014

Tanya · Married on 10/31/2014

The Benjamins were SUCH a pleasure to work with from DAY ONE.
    The band was extremely professional, and super cool at the same time. We looked forward to chatting with them and meeting with them to discuss song choices and the sets for the night. They have a great online song selection choice list which made things SO easy and fun for us to choose our songlist. The entertainment was one of the most important pieces to our day - and even with all the 'craziness' leading up to your wedding day, The Benjamins add ZERO stress. They ultimately just "get" what you want and do their thing. We had full confidence in their professional opinions and are beyond happy with our choice to have them play and join in for our most special day. If you're looking for your guests to dance all night, then look no further than the benjamins!!

Sent on 11/05/2014

Jaclyn · Married on 10/10/2014

The Benjamins were absolutely fantastic! They had the dance floor packed the entire night. They played a wide range of music that pleased everyone - young and old. I cannot recommend them enough. They were very easy to work with and were super accommodating - both in what were wanted and in price. Giuliano, the DJ they work with was equally as awesome and did a great job emceeing. I have gotten rave reviews about how fun they were and what a great time everyone had! I would definitely recommend them!

Sent on 10/27/2014

Nicole · Married on 09/20/2014

My fiance' and i actually met at a bar 5 years ago that The Benjamins were playing at, so it was only right that we had them play at our wedding!!! They play a mixture of music to please all, even my favorite song Chop Suey from System of a Down (as a special request of course)!! There are 2 things that are most important at a wedding, the cocktails & the music, all of our friends are still raving about how great our wedding was even a month later & i know The Benjamins had alot to do with it!! If a band is the route you are going for your wedding, i HIGHLY recommend this one.

Sent on 10/10/2014

Kevin · Married on 08/02/2014

I cannot express in words how happy we are to have had The Benjamins at our wedding, but I’m going to try anyway. They did an AMAZING job! We started the evening with an acoustic cocktail hour, which was perfect and exactly what we hoped it would be and a whole lot more. People were already giving us compliments on the music at the cocktail hour and how perfect it was for the setting. It provided the perfect background for socializing before the reception. Little did our guests (or we) know what was waiting for them at the reception.

Simply put, The Benjamins just blew the roof off the place. At one point I looked around the room and I’m pretty sure only one table was sitting down (and they were all elderly and weren’t going to be dancing anyway). At least a dozen people told me it was the best wedding they had ever been to (and those were drunk comments, so you know they were sincere). One of nicest comments I heard all night from one of my friends was, “I feel like I’m down in Sea Isle at the OD” (one of the shore bars we go to all the time). The venue was a little classier, but that was exactly what we wanted – everybody up, dancing, eating, drinking, listening to great music, and having the time of their lives! The Benjamins nailed it!

In between sets, their DJ/Emcee, Giuliano, kept the party going and did a great job of taking care of all the "big moments" of the wedding (i.e., first dance, dances with parents, cake cutting, etc.).

If you are considering whether to get a band or DJ for your wedding, I can tell you from experience that having a live band makes the night. And having been to a few weddings with live bands, no one does it like The Benjamins. Having these guys for your special day is going to take it up a few notches, and will contribute to some amazing memories.

Sent on 08/08/2014

Living in NJ, we've seen this band many times at bars and night clubs. However, they are much more versatile than that. They provided us a huge list of a hundred plus songs that we could choose from. The songs ranged in genre and spanned from the 50's to current. All business was done through Jeremy (their drummer). He was very professional and easy to work with. Jeremy took time to go over the different packages that they offer. We decided on going with a 6 piece band for our reception. They included a female vocalist and a keyboard player. The Benjamins also provided a DJ who acted as the MC and handled all the activites for the night, and also played music during the meals. The DJ was also very helpful with assisting us in selecting songs for the special wedding activities such as entrance songs, cake cutting, bouquet toss etc. The DJ helped everyone to get on their feet and start dancing and The Benjamins carried it on through the wedding. As the party went on The Benjamins kept raising the energy of the event. They even had people dancing who you normally never see dance. They even played a special requests that I gave them the day of the wedding. Highly recommend and true professionals!

Sent on 01/14/2015

Matt · Married on 06/07/2014

We hired The Benjamins to perform at our June wedding this past year. These guys absolutely knocked it out of the park. Their professionalism from the very beginning was an A+. They were willing to meet prior to engagement to discuss song selection, they gave multiple pricing options (which we actually thought were very reasonable) and were overall great to deal with during the contract process. As far as the actual wedding experience---AMAZING. We had our wedding at the Liberty House in Jersey City and if you are planning on getting married there (or anywhere else for that matter), you have to at least talk to/consider these guys---they have played at the LH multiple times in the past and the venue suits the audio/sound perfectly. We also had a cocktail hour piano player as part of our package which we thought was a very cool option. They had a thorough list of music that can accommodate all age groups and they are willing to entertain requests even if they aren't on their play list (extremely flexible). Their packages also basically throw in a DJ/MC who did all of our intro music (again very flexible) and acted as MC and kept the music going between sets. Day of the wedding these guys were again extremely professional. They were set up properly and ready to go and the music sets were fantastic. Definitely kept the crowd going (all ages mind you) the entire night. People barely sat down the entire reception and the sets just got better and better throughout the night. My guests still rave about the music at my wedding. So if you are looking for an energetic, musically diverse and extremely talented band, these are your guys. These guys are true professionals---they perform all over the east coast, they play music almost every night, and are tireless workers and the experience reflects all of this. Do yourself a favor and hire the Benjamins for your wedding entertainment.

Sent on 02/03/2015

Chris · Married on 05/31/2014

We have a saying when we are describing something that exceeds our expectations. We refer to the exceptional service as "all pro". The Benjamins are "all pro".

I typically do not write reviews nor weigh other customer reviews too highly. I guess being an attorney during the day makes me reluctant to believe everything someone else says or in this regard, posts to a website.

With that said I hope this review adds just a modicum of support to the already stellar customer reviews the Benjamins have received. I can personally say the reviews are spot on.

The Benjamins performed at our wedding on May 31, 2014.

Throughout the booking process the Benjamins were professional, honest, responsive to questions and courteous to both me, my wife and my father-in-law.

The Benjamins performance at our reception was outstanding. Their gifted musical and vocal talent is showcased by the exceptional quality sound equipment. They used the limited reception hall space we had to maximize our dance floor and still performed incredibly. Our guests would not leave the dance floor. In fact at the end of the night started chanting "one more song".

The Benjamins MC/DJ Giuliano was wonderful. He held the night together by introducing our wedding party, facilitating the speeches and keeping the party going in between band breaks. Giuliano was also great on the fly with requests and friendly as can be with all our guests.

I wholeheartedly recommend the Benjamins. The Benjamins are "all pro.

Sent on 06/04/2014

Lee · Married on 05/31/2014

My husband already reviewed The Benjamins, but I want to add to and confirm what he already said about our wedding on May 31, 2014.

We filled out a short DJ form and chose our songs on the band's website and never had to think about them again. During the very busy couple of weeks leading up to the wedding we were able to focus on last minute details because The Benjamins are a professional band that know exactly how to not just perform at a wedding, but OWN a wedding. The wedding was perfect, the band was perfect.

In the week since our wedding, a common theme in our guests' texts, calls, and pictures has been how great the band was. My aunts and uncles were raving at the fact that their children actually wanted to dance with them! People we never thought would get on the dance floor were dancing all night and we almost ran out of room on the dance floor.

My mom was worried that we chose a "shore bar band" because they would be too loud and have too much of a "club feel". I hate to say that one of the best reviews was my mom's because she had to admit I was right and she was wrong. Thank you again to The Benjamins for making our wedding an amazing night full of laughter and DANCING!

Sent on 06/08/2014

Rachael · Married on 05/03/2014

My fiance & I knew we wanted to have something different than the average entertainment at our wedding. On a whim, I looked up the Benjamins since I loved when I saw them play down the shore, and was thrilled when I discovered that they have a whole website for their wedding bookings. They traveled to Maryland to our in-the-middle-of-nowhere venue, and seriously ROCKED the place! We have been approached many times (during and since) the wedding by people saying that our wedding was one of the best parties they have ever been too, and most of that is due in part to the Benjamins!! We discussed with them the songs to play, not to play, and even changed it up a bit on the day of the wedding, and they were easy going and nailed every single song they played. They even gave my fiance the mic a couple of times to sing parts of songs, which was hilarious. They knew exactly what to play, when to play it, and the dance floor was crowded literally the ENTIRE time. The band came dressed appropriately for a classy wedding, but definitely had a bit of "Benjamins-flare" which was perfect. We've seen them at bars a couple of times, and were a tad nervous about the noise level since we wanted people to be able to talk to each other, and it wound up being a non-issue - they kept the level perfect. In fact, our venue contact had issues in the past with different bands, and he was really anxious about us bringing in a rock band, but after the wedding he told me that the Benjamins were phenomenal, professional, and didn't have one problem during set up or breakdown. I do have to say that the best way to communicate with them is through Jeremy - one of the band members. He is extremely responsive and helped us make decisions on different ideas we had. If you want an awesome party and a fun band at your wedding, BOOK THE BENJAMINS ASAP!!! Its worth the money - trust me! Thank you so much for an awesome time guys (and gal :) )!!

Sent on 05/09/2014

Dan · Married on 05/02/2014

The Benjamins were everything we expected and more. They promised us a full dance floor the whole night, and they didn't disappoint. Everyone, of all ages, was on the dance floor and from their first set, until the end of the night. Everyone we spoke to said that they had so much fun and the band was just amazing. We personally recommend them to anyone who wants a fun wedding with live entertainment you can't get anywhere.

Sent on 05/19/2014

Doreen · Married on 04/13/2014

I recently had The Benjamins play at my 40th birthday party. There really was no other option when choosing the entertainment for the party since I have been going to see them all over NJ for the past 15 years and I own a bar/bowling alley that they occasionally play at. A private event was a little different since I had 102 people from the ages of 18 - 82, but they know such a wide range of music and have so much experience that they were able to cater to everyone.
    Planning a 40th birthday party can be just as stressful as planning a wedding. I left everything in their hands to have one less thing to worry about and they did an awesome job as far as song choices and making sure everyone was having fun. My party was on a boat, which is something I'm not sure they ever did before, but the setup looked neat and they sounded amazing, as always! I had a box of flip flops next to the band for anyone who needed them and by the end of the night they were all gone because everyone had kicked off their heels and joined me on the dance floor!
    The Benjamins made my party very memorable as everyone mentioned how great the band was. I will continue to book them at my business because that too is always very successful. They are so easy to work with and well worth every penny. If and when I ever get married, I would undoubtedly have them play that too! I highly recommend them for any kind of event, I guarantee you will be very happy with them!

Sent on 04/27/2014

The Benjamins played our wedding on 2-14-14 and they were awesome! We were able to see them in bar gigs a bunch of times which made the decision to book them that much easier. Most wedding bands only play showcases which are short and do not give a complete representation of the band. The band also comes with a DJ/MC which was good mix. Giuliano kept everyone on the dance floor in between sets. I highly recommend these guys....book the Benjamins if you want your guests to have a great time!

Sent on 03/07/2014

Rachel · Married on 12/14/2013

We really wanted a band for our wedding, but we were really afraid we'd hire some weekend only wedding singer band without much soul to them. Then we saw the Benjamins play at The Downtown in Red Bank. They were amazing, we had so much fun. These guys were stellar musicians who made their living playing all over, not just for weddings here and there. Their music was fresh. Their communication with us was great. Our guests raved about them the entire weekend. Highly recommended!

Sent on 12/20/2013

Kristin · Married on 12/13/2013

I have been seeing The Benjamins live for years so when we started planning our wedding, we knew we wanted them to play at our reception. In fact, The Benjamins were the first "vendor" we booked, over 10 months in advance, because I knew they are super popular (and for good reason!). They were great to work with during the whole process- from booking the date and right up until the last song they played. Jeremy was extremely responsive and easy to work with from the get go. Our guests are still raving about how great they were. Their DJ that played songs while the band was on break was also great. They have a huge song catalog and really knew how to get our guests up and dancing. I can't recommend The Benjamins enough- they were absolutely one of the best parts of our entire wedding day.

Sent on 01/02/2014

We had the Benjamins at our home in Summit,NJ for a few hours to help celebrate a 50th birthday. At my request they added a nice complement of today's country to their playlist. They were simply outstanding! The crowd of 50 were incredulous that we found a band this good to play our party.

Sent on 11/06/2013

Sharon · Married on 10/26/2013

I have been seeing Benjamins for about 12 years now, it wasn't even a second thought who to have perform at mine and my husband's reception. We couldn't have been happier! We had so many people including the staff at our reception asking who they were. We all had an amazing time and we owe it to them! I highly recommend them! Thank you so much for everything!

Sent on 10/29/2013