The Benjamins Reviews

The Benjamins 2
  • Lindsey

Lindsey Meluso · Married on 07/20/2019

Wedding Band

It all started years ago when I would watch the Benjamin's play at a bar. Fast forward a few years later, I booked a venue for our wedding and contacted The Benjamin's the same day. That was one of the best decisions we could have made! They absolutely were awesome and easy to work with. They had a lot of energy and excitement and had everyone on the dance floor all night! They played all of the songs that we wanted and were very accommodating. They were also very personable which made us even more excited for the day of! I would highly recommend the Benjamins to make the best day of your life even more unforgettable! I look forward to seeing them again at the bar! Thank you so much guys!!!!! -Lindsey and Zach

Sent on 08/06/2019

Jacqueline A. Wright · Married on 06/15/2019

One word... Amazing

No need for a lengthy review here. I can sum up this band in one word...AMAZING!

From start to finish, the music at our wedding was fantastic. Old, young, and everyone in between was on the dance floor. It is not hard to see why this band is as popular as they are. Dennis, Joe, and the rest of the band really made our wedding memorable and I could never thank them enough! Don’t waste another second...book this band!!

Sent on 08/01/2019
  • Erica

Erica · Married on 02/02/2019

Best Band Ever!

The Benjamins made our wedding!!! We hired them to do our ceremony, cocktail hour and reception and we couldn't be happier! I cannot express how much fun we had because of them. People are asking us what occasion we can hire them next for. The dance floor was packed all night, they know how to keep a crowd moving and were so chill when it came to our rowdy guests. We worked with Joe throughout the whole process and gave him full reign. My only criteria was keeping everyone up and moving and they delivered!!! If you're looking for an awesome band that is the full package stop wasting your time and hire the Benjamins!!!

Sent on 03/04/2019

Lauren Parliman · Married on 12/08/2018

Amazing Performance!

I had The Benjamins play my 40th birthday party and they were amazing! They got the whole crowd dancing and made the night so much fun. Their performance is awesome and they are super easy to work with. I highly recommend them for any occasion.

Sent on 12/10/2018

Justine · Married on 12/01/2018

Drop everything you're doing and book this band for your wedding now!

I do not even know where to begin this review! This was by far the best investment we made for our wedding. We had the best time...as did our guests!
    Our wedding ran like clock work thanks to their impeccable planning and attention to detail. They even worked with the best man last minute to play one of our favorite songs. The timing was perfect. I did not leave the dance floor...even when the band was on break - their playlists were epic and the party did not stop! The songs they played were perfect and they truly pay attention to the party to see what song should be played or skipped! we had guests of all ages and the dance floor was PACKED the entire night.
    Thank you Joe, Dennis, and the rest of the Benjamins for making our wedding PERFECT!!!!!!!!!

Sent on 12/17/2018

Lauren Gambino · Married on 10/26/2018

Best wedding band of all time

MOST AMAZING WEDDING BAND! The Benjamins MADE our wedding the most fun, rockin', amazing time. Everyone, young and old, was on the dance floor ALL night! Seriously, there was not one lull in the night-- everyone was dancing and having the best time. The song selection was perfect. They played all of the songs we wanted to hear and they sounded SO good. Seriously fantastic musicians! Every single guest raved about them. From start to finish, working with the Benjamins was super easy. They are professional and damn good at what they do. I can go on and on but I think I hit it-- our wedding was fantastic because of them! If you want everyone to have the time of their lives at your event, The Benjamins are a MUST!

Sent on 11/12/2018
  • Erin

Erin Weinberg · Married on 10/19/2018

Amazing Band!

If you want to have a wedding where all of your guests have fun and don't stop dancing you have to hire The Benjamins! Our guests couldn't stop raving about how much fun our wedding was thanks to their amazing musical talents! They know just how to get everyone up on their feet dancing and keep them there! I would definitely recommend them to anyone looking to have the best time!!

Sent on 11/24/2018

Andrew Priece · Married on 10/11/2018

Must have at your wedding

Everyone that attended our wedding says that was the best band they have ever seen at a wedding. We knew we had to book the Benjamins after watching them play at bar americana. They performed an acoustic 5 piece during the reception and absolutely nailed it. From the moment they started our family and friends were on their feet. Joe and Dennis are very professional and very responsive. We told them what types of songs we like and let them do their thing. Dennis was a perfect MC. He is very entertaining and can naturally get the crowd going. We were amazed by the performance of the Benjamins and have been recommending them to everyone we talk to.

Sent on 12/23/2018

Penny · Married on 10/07/2018

The Perfect Wedding Band

The Benjamins are AWESOME! We found them because they play at a local bar in our town. Everytime we ever saw them we always had a great time so we knew they needed to the band that played at our wedding. We dealt with Joe and Dennis. They were both helpful and made sure that we would have the perfect playlist for our special day. I needed particular songs and Dennis was able to find them and add them to make sure they were played that night. The music was perfect. My guests and I did not stop dancing the entire night. They brought an energy and sense of fun that made the night so amazing. I cannot say enough about The Benjamins and can’t wait to see them perform again. We were so lucky to have them be our wedding band. Thank you for making the night so perfect. If you need a wedding band you can’t go wrong with The Benjamins, so definitely pick them. You will have the best night of your life.

Sent on 10/17/2018

Amanda · Married on 09/08/2018

Where can i begin with The Benjamin's? I cannot say enough how truly amazing this band is. From start to finish, the music at our wedding was ON POINT. We filled out our preference sheet, and Joe & co. did the rest! Every single song had all of my guests on the floor. There was not a moment when my guests were not dancing. They truly knew just when to play what song. You can put your 100 percent full trust in them. People came up to me all night complementing how truly amazing they were. They even let my sister get up with them to rap Ice Ice Baby, which was a total hit. Dennis - the drummer and MC- killed it as well. They truly made my wedding a night to remember. They are the only band you should hire to play at your wedding!!!!!! Amanda and Tom

Sent on 09/09/2018

Jennifer · Married on 08/17/2018

If you are reading this review in search of a wedding band, look no further. The Benjamins were absolutely incredible at our August wedding!

One month has passed and people are still talking about their performance. Friends who had seen them before were so excited to hear they were playing our wedding. And the few guests that had not heard them before were instant fans. The band got our reception party started immediately and got everyone on the dance floor. We did not stop dancing the entire night. It was everything we had hoped for and more!

The Benjamins were incredibly easy to work with throughout the entire planning process, as well. I never had any doubts that our requests would be filled and that our guests would have a great time!

Thank you to Joey and The Benjamins for helping make our we wedding such a memorable occasion!

Sent on 09/16/2018

Gavin · Married on 08/11/2018

Absolutely amazing, had the 4 piece band for a 40th birthday backyard party. Besides sounding great and nailing every request we had, they were true professionals and a blast to be around. The band literally went on in the pouring rain as our phones were vibrating with flash flood warnings. Didn't skip a beat!!! All ours friends are still buzzing and awaiting the invite to the next party. Thx for an amazing 40th and a specific thank you to Dennis as I will be singing, "here comes the rain again" in my head forever..... Rock on! Bridget and Gavin

Sent on 09/12/2018
  • Lauren

Lauren Biondi · Married on 07/14/2018

Book for an Unbelievable Dance Party!

The Benjamins absolutely made our July 2018 wedding reception into the most fun dance party I've ever been to! They were easy to work with and incredible day of. Our guests had the best time ever and I never sat down the entire night!! Thank you guys so much! Definitely recommend booking them asap!

Sent on 11/11/2018

Rosemary · Married on 06/24/2018

We had them at a back yard party back in June! They were amazing! They bring a great feel good vibe every time I see them, by far my favorite cover band! I would definitely recommend them!

Sent on 09/12/2018

Melissa · Married on 06/10/2018

We planned our entire wedding around the availability of The Benjamin’s. I have been going to see them for years...best band ever!!!!
    I wanted a friend to sing at my ceremony and Joe was so accommodating to meet and rehearse with her.
    The energy that the band has is incredible!!! I highlighted a few favorite songs but let them go with what they do best, they feed off the crowd.
    Joe is responsive to any and all of your needs up until the day of your wedding!!
    DJ/MC/Drummer Dennis is amazing!!! Took all requests and kept the crowd going!!
    The ONLY band to hire, you will not be disappointed!!
    Thank you for making our wedding the best day ever!!! 6-10-2018 Melissa & John

Sent on 06/14/2018

Jessica · Married on 06/03/2018

We have been following the Benjamins for a while now, and we always said that when we got married — they would be the ones to create the soundtrack for our day!! Well, that day finally came — June 3rd 2018. We booked the Benjamins for our wedding without hesitation because we knew it was the best choice we could have made and we were SO right!! We left our playlist TOTALLY in their hands — trusting them to play off the crowd rather than micromanaging. They did SUCH an amazing job, everyone was out dancing from young to old. Every single guest complimented us on our choice and said they only wish we could have danced and rocked out longer!! Dennis the drummer was our MC for the night and he was lively and funny and kept the crowds attention. Our wedding Day was perfect, I would not have changed a thing... and I attribute a very big part of that perfection to the Benjamins, because they set the stage for an amazing, fun-filled, High energy night!! Thank you so much again for everything, I only wish we could relive it over and over again!! Love, Jessica & Danny

Sent on 06/08/2018
    The Benjamins 3
  • W

Whitney · Married on 06/02/2018

We have enjoyed seeing the Benjamin’s play for about the past 5+ years starting at Joe Pop’s in LBI and continuing throughout New Jersey! When it came to picking a band for our wedding we had no hesitation that it would be the Benjamin’s! We called them immediately to make sure we could book them for our big day! Joe and Dennis were such a pleasure to work with and answered every and any question we had. Their energy and passion is something you see the minute you’re in their presence. They put on such an amazing show at our wedding and truly made it so special! They knew exactly how to keep the party going and made it special to us by playing songs they know Parker and I loved. Our guests are still talking about how spectacular the music was and how the dance floor was never empty! The Benjamin’s have become friends of ours throughout our whole planning process and we are so fortunate they were able to make our wedding truly the most amazing day of our life! We whole heartedly trusted them and knew they wouldn’t disappoint and we had nothing to worry about! They are some of the most down to earth, fun, talented people ever and you will be missing out if you don’t have them a part of your wedding day! We love you guys! Cheers! Love, Whitney & Parker 6/2/2018

Sent on 07/07/2018

Boris · Married on 05/27/2018

Absolutely unbelievable wedding experience with The Benjamins. We had them at our wedding Memorial Day Weekend and they were the absolute hit of the party. Guests were coming up to us all night and in the days afterwards and saying that they were the best wedding band they had ever seen, and we agree!

Dennis was super accommodating with all of our requests (and there were a lot - sorry Dennis!) and worked with us to make sure it all went off without a hitch. He was an amazing MC and DJ (and drummer!) during the event and nailed everything we asked of him. He took the time to chat with us several times prior to the event and reviewed, multiple times, the exact order of events for the night, it was wonderful and we felt like we were in good hands.

Joe was also extremely helpful in planning the whole event, from the ceremony music, to the cocktail hour music, he was in constant contact with us leading up to the event to make sure that we had everything setup the way we wanted it. They even took a special request for ceremony music and they able to accommodate it with flying colors, it was absolutely awesome. Joe also did an amazing job of working with me during the reception to make sure that everything was going according to plan and making sure that any on-the-fly requests were handled right away. It was far beyond what we expected.

Their management team (We worked with Chriss) was super responsive, super clear and super helpful throughout the whole process. Any questions we had were answered right away and with perfect clarity.

If you've ever been to one of their shows, you will know how amazing their energy and quality is, and they brought that same energy to our wedding, everybody had an absolute blast and my groomsmen danced so hard their pants were torn to shreds. It was a magical night and it would not have been as amazing if it weren't for The Benjamins.

Thank you guys!!!!!
    - Boris and Katie

Sent on 06/07/2018

Robyn · Married on 05/05/2018

We were fortunate enough to book our music with the benjamins and they really kept the party going! Joe and his crew were absolutely amazing to work with! They answered any questions we had, got back to us quickly when we needed to reach them and were just incredible people to work with. We had a really big wedding and wanted to do out best to please everyone in the room. The benjamins did just that. They included all genres of music and the dance floor was always packed. They did acoustic music for our ceremony, an acoustic guitar and piano as well as male and female singer for the cocktail hour, and for the reception we had the full 8 piece band. It was insane how fast everyone would get out of their seats when the music started. The first dance, father daughter dance, and mother son dance were done by the band as well and they sounded exactly how we wanted them to. They were involved with the crowd, let us on stage and just kept the party going all night. I got so many compliments after the wedding and am recommending them to everyone I know looking for the best band in new jersey!

Sent on 06/14/2018

Magda · event on 03/02/2018

The Benjamin’s rocked it at my birthday party on March 3, 2018. I have been a fan of them for years and when I decided to do my 40th I knew they needed to be part of my day. Joe, Ben, Dennis and Andrew were awesome as usual and Molly brings a new flavor to the group with her great voice. Needless to say, I wouldn’t have it any other way.

Sent on 03/05/2018

Laura · Married on 02/10/2018

I have been a fan of the benjamins for years! They are by far the most energetic and talented band that plays at our local bars. As soon as I booked my wedding I reached out to them. From that minute on they were complete professionals. Joe was always quick to respond to questions. When it came time to finalizing the playlist and the timeline Joe and Dennis spent hours on the phone with us. They have so much experience so they were able to tell us what worked and didn’t work at other weddings. The night of our wedding they ROCKED. The dance floor was packed the entire night. We didn’t do a sit down dinner- and many people didn’t ever leave the dance floor. Guests were constantly RAVING about the band that night and my phone has not stopped ringing telling me the same thing. I am a musician myself and I can tell you I have never seen a better wedding band. I have even been to weddings where my friends paid over 20,000 for their bands... the benjamins were so much better than those! If you want your guests dancing all night- look No where else... the benjamins are it!!! Thank you guys for making our wedding the night of our dreams! - Laura and Jon

Sent on 02/13/2018

Matt · Married on 12/16/2017

After getting engaged my fiancé and I put together a priority list for our wedding and near the top of that was an awesome band or DJ. We wanted the dance floor to be packed all night. Living in NJ for so many years, the Benjamins stood out from all the times they preformed at the local bars. From there we pickup up the phone and talked to Joe about our wedding, our date was available, and the rest is history. Joe provided us with several options and details for our wedding that made it fun to plan. On top of the Benjamins 3 set performance, they provided us with a DJ for the entire night. Dennis was awesome, before the wedding he prepped us perfectly to ensure our entrances, speeches, and music were amazing. The night of our wedding, Joe came up to my wife and I with a little surprise for us and it was to tell us they added an extra piece to the band for the night since he was not feeling 100%. You would have never know that cause they did not miss a beat all night! It was so much fun to work with The Benjamins and we can’t thank them enough for providing amazing entertainment for our wedding and for keeping the dance floor packed all night. We still have friends and family taking about the band at our wedding and telling us they want to see them again. Although nothing will top our wedding performance, we can’t to attend an event with the Benjamins in the future.

Sent on 02/09/2018

Christina · Married on 12/09/2017

Would give them an even higher rating if possible! We had our ceremony off-site so they provided us with music during the cocktail hour and reception. Fabulous acoustic during cocktail and dinner and a PARTY during the last few hours of the reception. Because they also have a DJ as part of their group to cover songs during the band's sets, we really felt like we got the best of both worlds. Our guests didn't stop talking about the band for weeks. They were really easy to work with, made us feel at ease, and were really great at reading the crowd and getting people dancing. We had a full dance floor all night - would highly recommend!

Sent on 01/19/2018

Germaine · event on 11/25/2017

Look no further!! The Benjamins played my husband's surprise birthday party and we had an absolute blast! They were professional, fun, and high energy! They rocked! Everyone danced the night away and raved about the music for days to come. Top notch quality, service, TALENT and fun!! :)

Sent on 12/10/2017