The Benjamins Reviews

145 | Clifton, NJ

145 Reviews for The Benjamins

Kevin B. · Getting married on 06/01/2023

Incredible! Will 100% make your wedding!

The Benjamins were absolutely incredible and made our wedding! We had their pianist for the ceremony, solo acoustic guitar for cocktail hour and the complete 8 piece band with horn section for the reception. Highly recommend the horn section! The whole band absolutely rocked! They have a huge song selection and with both a male / female singer they can really diversify what they play. Our package also came with a DJ MC that did all the introductions and announcements which was awesome! During dinner they will have the DJ play a genre of whatever you want. There will seriously never be any dead air and if you hire these guys I promise you the dance floor will be bumping. Furthermore, they simply run a great business and are extremely professional. The point of contact, Joe, was extremely responsive and diligent. If you want to have a wedding to remember I highly suggest the Benjamins and if you can, definitely go with the complete 8 piece band. You'll get more than just a wedding band I promise. You can tell these guys / gals really care and want to make your big day special.

Sent on 02/01/2021
  • Ashley

Ashley L. · Married on 03/27/2021

Worth every penny!

Highly recommended! My husband and I have been fans of The Benjamin’s for years. I grew up listening to their music at local bars. When it came time for our wedding, there was no question that we wanted The Benjamin’s to be a part of it. The band is extremely personable and easy to work with. We had the acoustic duo for the cocktail hour and they set the tone for the rest of the party. People were raving about The Benjamin’s before we even entered the reception. From beginning to end, our guests did not leave the dance floor. They offer a variety of genres and played exactly what we asked for. We couldn’t have been happier. It was definitely a night to remember.

Sent on 04/13/2021

Mike · Married on 03/09/2021

Best band to hire in NJ

For our wedding we wanted live music as opposed to DJ. We did a lot of research on different musicians within the state. After checking some of these bands out and communicating with several we decided to go with the Benjamins, due to how impressive their live performances are. After booking, our originally planned venue wedding was canceled due to COVID, we had to settle for a smaller backyard wedding. Joe (frontman of the Benjamins) was extremely professional on working with us on accommodating our requests and working with us despite the changes (date, venue, performance type). He was also prompt on his communication with us throughout this process. We ultimately decided to change the performance type from a full band to a solo acoustic performance, which we were originally disappointed about, due to a much smaller guest list. Then came wedding day and the reception, where Joe was absolutely amazing. He mixed in songs we had previously requested with songs that he felt were appropriate to get the party going. Not only were his songs great, but his stage presence kept our guests engaged throughout the evening. Everyone at the wedding raved about how great Joe was. I could not recommend anyone more than Joe and the Benjamins. We were so impressed that since the wedding we have already hired the Benjamins for a future event. If you are looking for the best in this field, look no further.

Sent on 09/25/2020
  • Danielle

Danielle · Married on 09/19/2020

Best decision ever.

BEST DECISION EVER. Our wedding was legit the most epic concert and the music was incredible!!! The Benjamins offer so many different packages and given COVID, we went with an Acoustic Duo + DJ for our cocktail hour, then transitioned to a Trio (2 Guitarists and Drummer) + DJ for the reception. The band literally has 1000+ songs to chose from --- however, we were unique in that we did not want any cliche wedding songs and requested all 90's alternative, jam band, grunge, rock songs and they EXCEEDED our expectations. During the reception we request on-the-spot System of a Down's "Chop Suey" and The Benjamins were so flexible and immediately tuned their guitars to the right key and NAILED IT. Not only are their voices incredible (Joe's range is insane)... but they are extremely talented guitarists. Their song arrangements were freaking awesome (we had an acoustic version of a Cascada song). Also, one big aspect to wedding planning is having everyone ask you what your doing for music... and the second I told friends/family we hired The Benjamins -- I never expected all the positive/excited reactions from everyone already knowing or seeing them live at shows. I can go on and on... so worth it. HIGHLY HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

Sent on 10/14/2020

Nadine S. · Married on 09/12/2020

Wedding where the music never atopped

The Benjamin’s were the best! They ensured our wedding guests had a night to remember. They kept the party going from start to finish and never missed a beat. They were super easy to work with and super responsive. They took all our requests and made sure our night is something we will never forget!

Sent on 10/14/2020
  • Erin

Erin B. · Married on 07/19/2020

The best band! Like a private concert! No regrets!

I've been going to see the Benjamins at bars for almost ten years! My husband and I saw them on one of our first dates and are still in awe we were able to get them for our wedding! They are so nice, accommodating (even during covid) and super talented! We knew what we signed up for, (a fun night with awesome music) but it was so reassuring when our guests said they had a great time and the band was amazing! Molly has an amazing voice, Joe knows how to get the crowd energized and Dennis can make anything happen! I HIGHLY recommend The Benjamins if you like today's hits, country music and a good time! We'll forever be thankful for making our wedding perfect!

Sent on 08/24/2020
  • Billy

Billy B. · Married on 11/17/2019

Benjamins never disappoint!

This is the best band you can possibly book for your wedding! They Are amazing no matter where they play whether it’s a small bar huge club private party. I could sit here and type good things about them forever. They helped make our wedding top notch for all our guests. The energy they bring is second to none and the professional attention to detail almost outshines their talent. Anyone who has the opportunity to book them in the case that they are available is missing out.

Sent on 11/26/2019
  • Denise

Denise · Married on 10/05/2019

Book The Benjamins for the most EPIC WEDDING

If you do not book The Benjamins for your wedding, you're doing it all wrong! The Benjamins MADE the whole evening. They entertained us, the dance floor was packed, and we had so much fun working with Joe along the way. Head over to their Instagram page @thebenjaminsnj and see videos from my wedding, and know that that can be your wedding as well; an epic party

Sent on 10/25/2019
  • Lindsey

Lindsey M. · Married on 07/20/2019

Wedding Band

It all started years ago when I would watch the Benjamin's play at a bar. Fast forward a few years later, I booked a venue for our wedding and contacted The Benjamin's the same day. That was one of the best decisions we could have made! They absolutely were awesome and easy to work with. They had a lot of energy and excitement and had everyone on the dance floor all night! They played all of the songs that we wanted and were very accommodating. They were also very personable which made us even more excited for the day of! I would highly recommend the Benjamins to make the best day of your life even more unforgettable! I look forward to seeing them again at the bar! Thank you so much guys!!!!! -Lindsey and Zach

Sent on 08/06/2019

Erica · Married on 06/21/2019

The best band of all time

Rewind two years ago, my cousin brought me to see the Benjamins at a bar. I had no interest in booking a band for my wedding but I went anyway. They were absolutely amazing that night and I booked them the next day. From that night and for two years leading up to the wedding they were consistently amazing every time I saw them out and our wedding night was no exception. The dance floor was packed from the minute they started until the very last song. The Benajmins were able to keep everyone from our friends to the oldest people attending our wedding entertained and on the dance floor all night long. They play a great variety of songs for everyone. I am still hearing from people about how much fun they had and how amazing the band was. Even my dad who was skeptical about not having a traditional wedding band was on the dance floor and said to me that night how amazing they were. Through out the whole planning process Joe was absolutely amazing, You can text him at any time and he gets back to you right away and reassures you that everything is going to be great, and he was right. We asked him to learn our first dance song, Grow Old by Florida Georgia Line, and he absolutely rocked it! I also have to shout out Dennis (the drummer and MC/DJ) who was also so amazing to work with. He called me a few weeks before the wedding to discuss entrances, songs, etc. He was so easy to talk to and promised to make everything fun and smooth and he pulled through. He had all of the guests laughing at his intros and little jokes here and there. He also kept the dance floor packed while the band was off. Last shout out goes to Molly who did our cocktail hour. She was absolutely amazing. She has the most beautiful voice and played a great variety of songs. So many people were coming up to me at the cocktail hour complimenting her and saying they had never been to a cocktail hour with such great music. Lastly, if you want to add a piece I definitely recommend Bobby on the keyboard! He was amazing and really entertaining! If you are planning on getting a band for your wedding do not hesitate to book the Benjamins. They are the best of the best and will not disappoint!

Erica and Mike D.

Sent on 08/03/2019

Jacqueline W. · Married on 06/15/2019

One word... Amazing

No need for a lengthy review here. I can sum up this band in one word...AMAZING!

From start to finish, the music at our wedding was fantastic. Old, young, and everyone in between was on the dance floor. It is not hard to see why this band is as popular as they are. Dennis, Joe, and the rest of the band really made our wedding memorable and I could never thank them enough! Don’t waste another second...book this band!!

Sent on 08/01/2019

Taylor B. · Married on 06/09/2019

So much fun

We booked the Benjamins after seeing them perform at a wedding, and had SO much fun. They did not disappoint for our wedding - we filled out their song form online but when we talked to them, we really gave them free rein and trust to play the right mix of songs for our crowd. The dance floor was packed all night, and we received so many compliments on the band and the DJ, Dennis. They truly know how to keep a party going!! Highly recommend The Benjamins!!

Sent on 10/26/2019

Ellie C. · Married on 05/18/2019

Best Wedding Band Ever!

The Benjamins were the best decision we made throughout the wedding planning process! We had seen them perform at bars from Hoboken down to the Jersey Shore many times before so we already knew how incredible they were, but they ROCKED our wedding beyond what we could have ever imagined! The weeks leading up to your wedding can be very stressful, but the Benjamins are the epitome of professionalism and reached out well in advance to assure us they were ready to go and we had nothing to worry about! They made us feel so comfortable day-of that we felt they had been our friends for years just there to celebrate our special day. We had a wide variety of age ranges and the Benjamins had every single person on the dance floor from their first song through to their last. They were open to requests and extremely flexible with us and our guests. They made our big day unforgettable and we would hire them again in a heartbeat! Our guests have not stopped raving about how incredible our wedding was and we truly believe we owe it all to the Benjamins.

Sent on 09/08/2019

Lyndsey · Married on 04/20/2019

Amazing local cover band, turned wedding band!

I had been following The Benjamins for years since college, and I discovered they did weddings too! My fiancé and I didn’t plan on having a band at our wedding because we thought the budget would be out of reach, but I inquired anyway, and these guys we super reasonable! Best decision we made! I can’t say enough great things about this band, and Joe personally as our point of contact. He was always available to discuss any concerns and even spent a good 2 hours on the phone with us and our planner the week before our wedding going over the specifics of our “less than traditional” venue. Come our wedding day...they truly made the night! We are still getting compliments about our band! We still see them out at bars whenever chance we get, and they always make the time to say hi. Truly a class act! Recommend them 100%!!!

Sent on 11/02/2019
  • Erica

Erica · Married on 02/02/2019

Best Band Ever!

The Benjamins made our wedding!!! We hired them to do our ceremony, cocktail hour and reception and we couldn't be happier! I cannot express how much fun we had because of them. People are asking us what occasion we can hire them next for. The dance floor was packed all night, they know how to keep a crowd moving and were so chill when it came to our rowdy guests. We worked with Joe throughout the whole process and gave him full reign. My only criteria was keeping everyone up and moving and they delivered!!! If you're looking for an awesome band that is the full package stop wasting your time and hire the Benjamins!!!

Sent on 03/04/2019

Lauren P. · Married on 12/08/2018

Amazing Performance!

I had The Benjamins play my 40th birthday party and they were amazing! They got the whole crowd dancing and made the night so much fun. Their performance is awesome and they are super easy to work with. I highly recommend them for any occasion.

Sent on 12/10/2018

Justine · Married on 12/01/2018

Drop everything you're doing and book this band for your wedding now!

I do not even know where to begin this review! This was by far the best investment we made for our wedding. We had the best time...as did our guests!
    Our wedding ran like clock work thanks to their impeccable planning and attention to detail. They even worked with the best man last minute to play one of our favorite songs. The timing was perfect. I did not leave the dance floor...even when the band was on break - their playlists were epic and the party did not stop! The songs they played were perfect and they truly pay attention to the party to see what song should be played or skipped! we had guests of all ages and the dance floor was PACKED the entire night.
    Thank you Joe, Dennis, and the rest of the Benjamins for making our wedding PERFECT!!!!!!!!!

Sent on 12/17/2018

Lauren G. · Married on 10/26/2018

Best wedding band of all time

MOST AMAZING WEDDING BAND! The Benjamins MADE our wedding the most fun, rockin', amazing time. Everyone, young and old, was on the dance floor ALL night! Seriously, there was not one lull in the night-- everyone was dancing and having the best time. The song selection was perfect. They played all of the songs we wanted to hear and they sounded SO good. Seriously fantastic musicians! Every single guest raved about them. From start to finish, working with the Benjamins was super easy. They are professional and damn good at what they do. I can go on and on but I think I hit it-- our wedding was fantastic because of them! If you want everyone to have the time of their lives at your event, The Benjamins are a MUST!

Sent on 11/12/2018
  • Erin

Erin W. · Married on 10/19/2018

Amazing Band!

If you want to have a wedding where all of your guests have fun and don't stop dancing you have to hire The Benjamins! Our guests couldn't stop raving about how much fun our wedding was thanks to their amazing musical talents! They know just how to get everyone up on their feet dancing and keep them there! I would definitely recommend them to anyone looking to have the best time!!

Sent on 11/24/2018

Andrew P. · Married on 10/11/2018

Must have at your wedding

Everyone that attended our wedding says that was the best band they have ever seen at a wedding. We knew we had to book the Benjamins after watching them play at bar americana. They performed an acoustic 5 piece during the reception and absolutely nailed it. From the moment they started our family and friends were on their feet. Joe and Dennis are very professional and very responsive. We told them what types of songs we like and let them do their thing. Dennis was a perfect MC. He is very entertaining and can naturally get the crowd going. We were amazed by the performance of the Benjamins and have been recommending them to everyone we talk to.

Sent on 12/23/2018

Penny · Married on 10/07/2018

The Perfect Wedding Band

The Benjamins are AWESOME! We found them because they play at a local bar in our town. Everytime we ever saw them we always had a great time so we knew they needed to the band that played at our wedding. We dealt with Joe and Dennis. They were both helpful and made sure that we would have the perfect playlist for our special day. I needed particular songs and Dennis was able to find them and add them to make sure they were played that night. The music was perfect. My guests and I did not stop dancing the entire night. They brought an energy and sense of fun that made the night so amazing. I cannot say enough about The Benjamins and can’t wait to see them perform again. We were so lucky to have them be our wedding band. Thank you for making the night so perfect. If you need a wedding band you can’t go wrong with The Benjamins, so definitely pick them. You will have the best night of your life.

Sent on 10/17/2018

Amanda · Married on 09/08/2018

Where can i begin with The Benjamin's? I cannot say enough how truly amazing this band is. From start to finish, the music at our wedding was ON POINT. We filled out our preference sheet, and Joe & co. did the rest! Every single song had all of my guests on the floor. There was not a moment when my guests were not dancing. They truly knew just when to play what song. You can put your 100 percent full trust in them. People came up to me all night complementing how truly amazing they were. They even let my sister get up with them to rap Ice Ice Baby, which was a total hit. Dennis - the drummer and MC- killed it as well. They truly made my wedding a night to remember. They are the only band you should hire to play at your wedding!!!!!! Amanda and Tom

Sent on 09/09/2018

Jennifer · Married on 08/17/2018

If you are reading this review in search of a wedding band, look no further. The Benjamins were absolutely incredible at our August wedding!

One month has passed and people are still talking about their performance. Friends who had seen them before were so excited to hear they were playing our wedding. And the few guests that had not heard them before were instant fans. The band got our reception party started immediately and got everyone on the dance floor. We did not stop dancing the entire night. It was everything we had hoped for and more!

The Benjamins were incredibly easy to work with throughout the entire planning process, as well. I never had any doubts that our requests would be filled and that our guests would have a great time!

Thank you to Joey and The Benjamins for helping make our we wedding such a memorable occasion!

Sent on 09/16/2018

Gavin · Married on 08/11/2018

Absolutely amazing, had the 4 piece band for a 40th birthday backyard party. Besides sounding great and nailing every request we had, they were true professionals and a blast to be around. The band literally went on in the pouring rain as our phones were vibrating with flash flood warnings. Didn't skip a beat!!! All ours friends are still buzzing and awaiting the invite to the next party. Thx for an amazing 40th and a specific thank you to Dennis as I will be singing, "here comes the rain again" in my head forever..... Rock on! Bridget and Gavin

Sent on 09/12/2018
  • Lauren

Lauren B. · Married on 07/14/2018

Book for an Unbelievable Dance Party!

The Benjamins absolutely made our July 2018 wedding reception into the most fun dance party I've ever been to! They were easy to work with and incredible day of. Our guests had the best time ever and I never sat down the entire night!! Thank you guys so much! Definitely recommend booking them asap!

Sent on 11/11/2018