41 Reviews for Baughman Center

Event Rentals (4)
Furniture (4)
Liability Insurance (2)
Uncovered Outdoor (1)

Unrivaled beauty, the Baughman Center is without an equal. Our wedding guests raved about the views! Minimal effort is needed to setup the space, and your ceremony pictures are a masterpiece from every camera angle. Not to mention the staff is polite and responsive with requests. I would not have changed a thing!

Photo for Baughman Center Review - This venue is stunning and ultra low effort for max beauty!
Profile Picture Jessica, 3/31/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Parking, Wheelchair Access, Indoor, Scenic Views, Chairs, Furniture, Tables, Bridal Suite, Event Rentals, Liability Insurance

From the first time I contacted the staff at the Baughman center more than a year in advance of our wedding all the way up to our big day they were amazing! Any question I had including measurements of the aisle for flower petals were answered quickly and accommodating changes was a breeze. The venue itself is beautiful as is which helped with decorating expenses. We ran over slightly on our time with both the rehearsal and wedding but the staff were patient and understanding. The architecture inside the chapel is captivating and the lake view from the windows is unrivaled.Hands down, THE venue for a dream come true wedding in Gainesville !

Profile Picture Kara , 3/11/18, 1 Review
Services Used: Parking, Wheelchair Access, Tables, Indoor, Scenic Views

We could not have asked for a more beautiful location for our wedding ceremony! The sunlight that comes in through the windows is breathtaking and the acoustics are very good inside the hall. The staff was very professional and responsive. Venue is very reasonably priced. Highly recommend.

Profile Picture Emily, 3/10/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Baughman is an absolutely stunning venue with an intimate feel and for us, lots of sentimental value since we both met in Gainesville. Lake Alice as a backdrop is picturesque and sweet. We had the most perfect day!

Profile Picture Thome, 2/17/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My family and I absolutely loved this venue! It was the perfect size for our guests (70) and the lighting, temperature, sound, etc. everything was absolutely amazing! Everyone commented on how beautiful the structure itself was--the windows all around make it stunning.

Profile Picture Adriana, 2/3/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Baughman Center is unbelievably gorgeous. The building creates such a lovely wedding venue that no decorations are necessary. The backdrop of Lake Alice is breathtaking. I can't imagine getting married anywhere else.

Profile Picture Jessi, 1/13/18, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Indoor, Scenic Views, Wheelchair Access, Tables, Bridal Suite

Very affordable. The staff is super helpful and friendly. The building has a beautiful view of Lake Alice and can be used for any occasion, any time of the year.

Profile Picture Drucilla, 1/6/18, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Baughman Center is breathtaking. My husband and I just got married there on January 6th, 2018 and are so in love with this venue. We met in Gainesville at The University of Florida and fell in love with the Baughman Center. When it was time to plan our wedding, there was no better place than here. Zakiya and her staff were amazing and made it very easy to plan our wedding remotely!

Profile Picture Sara, 1/6/18, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Parking, Indoor, Scenic Views

We got married at the Baughman Center on 7/29/17. It is an absolutely venue with wonderful picture spots. The staff at the Baughman Center are amazing! They went above and beyond to make sure the day was extra special. The response time was within 24 hours and they were more than willing to accommodate our needs/wants. We totally recommend the Baughman Center for your wedding day! It was a perfect day!

Profile Picture Melissa, 7/29/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The most gorgeous venue in Gainesville, Florida. The staff were amazing and so easy to work with. The made sure we had everything we needed. Fabulous venue!

Profile Picture Melissa, 7/29/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Chairs, Furniture, Tables, Scenic Views, Bridal Suite, Event Rentals, Liability Insurance

The Baughman Center is by far the most beautiful venue I have ever seen. Our ceremony was perfect, we did not even have to do any florals or anything, the venue is that gorgeous on it's own. All staff members were friendly and more than helpful. My only reservation was on the night of our rehearsal we had the space booked and when we showed up the entire parking lot was full and there were high-schoolers everywhere surrounding the property taking prom pictures. Even though the staff put out event signs asking them not to go beyond certain points, they still did. I know that is totally outside of the staff's control, and they did their best to walk around and ask them to move and to be courteous of our party.

Profile Picture Andrea, 5/21/17, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Chairs, Bridal Suite, Parking, Indoor, Scenic Views

I can't say enough about how perfect the Baughman Center was for our wedding. It was everything we imagined and more - my Seminole husband even loved it ;) Our pictures our out of this world and people can't believe this gem exists on UF's campus. The Baughman Center staff was extremely helpful (I was planning my wedding from Dallas, TX) and they made the planning process easy and organized. We had around 90 guests and everyone fit perfectly/comfortably. I would highly recommend the Baughman Center for a wedding ceremony.

Profile Picture Kait, 5/20/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Very pretty venue, and definitely worth the money. We wanted a place that was indoors and on the water and this was the perfect fit. I would recommend renting for longer than you think you will need so you have time to take pictures after the ceremony.

Profile Picture Brandon, 5/13/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Baughman Center was the perfect place for our Gainesville wedding in April. With unpredictable weather, it was so nice not having to worry about rain or wind and the gorgeous windows still made it feel like a wedding set in nature. The staff at the Baughman Center were immensely helpful and the price is right for a 2-3 hour space rental. Family and friends loved the building and the setting against Lake Alice. We felt like it was the best way to have a little Gator Pride during our wedding. Highly recommend!!

Profile Picture Koki, 4/15/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Beautiful venue! Staff was very helpful and easy to work with!

Profile Picture User7307400, 1+ year ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Parking, Wheelchair Access, Indoor, Chairs, Tables, Event Rentals

The Baughman Center is a beautiful location for a wedding ceremony. Our ceremony was wonderful. The staff were great to work with!

Profile Picture User7867145, 1+ year ago, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Furniture, Bridal Suite, Wheelchair Access, Indoor
4.7

The perfect venue for intimate gatherings such as our wedding. I loved the way everything looked and how it felt full with our wedding size of 80 guests.

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 3/4/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Event Rentals, Indoor

Such a beautiful venue! I wish I saw myself walking through the doors and down the aisle, but I'm told it was magical. Brianna (event coordinator) was great to work with. Make sure you reserve the Baughman Center well in advance because they book up fast.

Profile Picture Teresa, 2/18/17, 10 Reviews
Services Used: Bridal Suite

Wonderful experience. They don't make anything too difficult, if you're ok with rule following. If you want flower petals thrown, or any decor that will alter the building, pick something else. If you're like me and don't mind following rules and like to use the building as the decor itself, then this is the perfect venue.

Profile Picture Emily, 2/17/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Picture perfect venue to have our wedding ceremony at! Once we got engaged, we knew we wanted to have our wedding there. The architecture is so stunning and it looks like a fairytale inside. When the sun shines in the building over the lake, it looks magical. We visited several times before our wedding to look at the layout and decide how to walk up the stage. It worked out perfectly that they have a digital piano inside so our pianist could use that during the ceremony. Everyone that helped us throughout the planning process was great. Brianna was an absolute pleasure to work with – so helpful, answered all of our questions and gave us great tips for our ceremony. We felt comfortable planning our whole wedding ourselves but needed someone to help direct the bridal party for the entrances for the ceremony (without the added cost of hiring a day of coordinator). Brianna arranged to have student volunteers assist during our wedding rehearsal and for the day of the ceremony. This was a lifesaver and saved us hundreds (or thousands) of dollars. The student volunteers were amazing and so professional. It seemed like they had a lot of experience doing this previously, it really showed! Brianna also made sure that extra items we wanted for the ceremony (cocktail table and folding chairs) were setup inside. Everyone truly made it a wonderful and stress free experience. All of our guests commented that we chose such a beautiful venue for our ceremony. All of our pictures from the day look so dreamy!

Profile Picture Jessica, 1/7/17, 14 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Indoor, Chairs, Furniture, Tables, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Bridal Suite

This ceremony venue was absolutely stunning and required no additional decoration (we literally only had two stand alone flower arrangements which were medium in size). We got married at noon and the lighting was amazing. There is also a piano on site which we used and could be heard beautifully throughout the chapel. I received NONSTOP compliments on how pretty it was. This vendor was very accommodating as well and allowed me to have both of my dogs on site for the ceremony.

Profile Picture Bianca, 12/17/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Indoor, Bridal Suite, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Chairs

My husband and I absolutely fell in love with this building and immediately knew it had to be our wedding venue. The staff was enthusiastic and helpful throughout the entire process. This booking was probably one of the easiest decisions and contracts of the entire wedding planning process. Everything was as planned and expected and the staff was accommodating and helpful through timing and information.

Profile Picture Jessica, 10/16/16, 9 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This is just the most beautiful space. Had no issues booking the space and working with the staff. It's a bit more expensive than other chapel/church rentals but this was the place to spend more. The ceremony was very important to me and just magical!

Profile Picture Gabrielle, 7/2/16, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Parking, Wheelchair Access

I thoroughly enjoyed working with the Baughman Center for my ceremony. They were helpful with local vendors and flexible for rehearsals, which was extremely helpful being from out of town. I only wished i booked more time for the pictures.

Profile Picture Ellen, 1/9/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Parking, Wheelchair Access, Indoor

The Baughman Center is absolutely beautiful. It was the perfect location for our ceremony, especially with its backdrop and view of the lake. It photographed well too. Our out-of-town guests loved the location as well. During our wedding ceremony, guests told us that birds flew over the lake and could be seen in the background to make an unforgettable sight. You can't get that anywhere else! Asha and the staff at Baughman Center were also very helpful and accommodating.

Profile Picture Jessica, 12/19/15, 5 Reviews