The Asbury Hotel Reviews

The Asbury Hotel 7
  • Christine

Christine Smith · Married on 10/12/2018

Perfection

I cannot say enough about The Asbury when it came to our wedding. The staff was phenomenal - even as far as making us plates of food and getting us drinks to bring into the green room while my dress was getting bustled so we didn't miss any of food or ever go hungry/thirsty. Everything was essentially perfect and exactly how we imagined it. We had the ceremony on the rooftop, cocktail hour downstairs and the reception on site as well.

Sent on 11/12/2018

Morgan · Married on 10/07/2018

My brother and his new wife had their wedding here this past weekend. The staff at The Asbury- everyone from the valet to the even staff were so incredibly accommodating. They picked up slack wherever necessary and truly made the entire day incredible and easy for all of us. I’d especially like to thank Carrie who truly went above and beyond for each of us, every little detail down to making sure we had the specific beer the groomsmen requested in the green room to helping us find safety pins and missing room keys. She was absolutely amazing, always on top of everything and easy to find. We can not thank you enough. I honestly NEVER leave reviews but this venue as a whole was so deserving of one. Not to mention everything was beautiful and unique no matter where you were, the lobby, the rooms, the rooftop, the reception hall. Every bit was worth it!

Sent on 10/11/2018
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 10/07/2018

Great venue!

This review is so long overdue! My husband and I got married at the Asbury back in October and our wedding was absolutely perfect. Amy really helped us figure out how to make our wedding day reflect our personal style and tastes. She even set us up with a craft beer package for my husband - Heineken was not going to cut it for him lol! The hotel itself is awesome. It’s truly an alternative bride’s dream wedding venue. Not your typical traditional wedding vibe at all, but more of a retro rock-n-roll chic vibe (if that’s even a thing haha). The staff were also wonderful. Everyone was very friendly and helpful whenever we needed anything. Special thanks to Carrie who kept our glasses full and made sure everything ran as smoothly as possible. We can’t thank everyone at the Asbury enough for making our wedding day so special. Great venue all around!

Sent on 01/05/2019

Nicole · Married on 08/18/2018

We had a great experience having our wedding at The Asbury. Finding a venue in New Jersey that wasn’t a barn or traditional ballroom was a bit challenging, but after seeing The Asbury we knew we could stop our search. The hotel is incredibly fun and modern and from the moment your guests step in the lobby they will know the vibe you’re going for. We had our ceremony on the rooftop, which was laid out beautifully and had a great view of the ocean and surrounding areas. We used the inside area of the reception space for dinner/tables and the outside area for dancing/photobooth/the bar. This setup worked for our needs perfectly and the space never felt crowded (140 guests). We worked with Amy leading up to the event and Teresa on the day of and both were incredibly responsive and accommodating. We heard rave reviews from our guests all night about the space and there are no shortage of amazing photo locations in and around the hotel.

Sent on 09/06/2018
    The Asbury Hotel 8
    The Asbury Hotel 9
    The Asbury Hotel 10
    The Asbury Hotel 11
    The Asbury Hotel 12

Ali · Married on 05/18/2018

I had a wonderful experience having my wedding at the Asbury. Would totally recommend it for anyone who is looking to make a space their own!

Sent on 06/06/2018

The Asbury Hotel's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words, Ali! We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with us. We count ourselves lucky for customers like you. Come back and see us soon. Cheers!

Ned · Married on 06/24/2017

My wife and I couldn't have picked a better place to get married.

We had a summer wedding at The Asbury and it was incredible. The space is so customizable and unique. The views throughout the hotel are wonderful. And most importantly, the staff was unbelievable.

We have had so many guests tell us how much they loved the space and how much fun they had. The Asbury really was the perfect place for us and our guests.

Sent on 12/30/2017
  • Lisa

Lisa Dipace · Married on 06/04/2019

As easy as it gets!

The venue is modern and trendy & the staff is excellent! They helped us with every decision. I got a bad cold right before the wedding, and was a bit off my game, but the Matt and the staff made our day go off without a hitch! Hotel is convenient for guests to stay and enjoy the entire evening. We used all the recommended vendors and every one of them was top notch. Can't thank The Asbury enough for making our day ultra special!

Sent on 04/16/2019

Hi Lisa,

Thank you for all the amazing feedback! I will make sure to share with our team here at the Asbury Hotel!

It was an absolute pleasure working with you over the past few months!

Leslie · Married on 07/21/2018

I had a great time having my wedding at The Asbury. My emails and questions were answered same day, or within 24 hours. The staff was helpful and caring to make sure I had an event that went smoothly. They were accommodating to all of my vendors as well. For my wedding we had some unexpected weather, but the team worked together to put together a beautiful event. Overall a great time.

Sent on 09/04/2018
    The Asbury Hotel 18
    The Asbury Hotel 19
  • Kristin

Kristin Filipovits · Married on 05/24/2019

Our guests are still talking about this venue

We got married at The Asbury Hotel the Friday of Memorial Day weekend and while it’s cliche for us to say it was the best wedding ever, we’ve heard this same sentiment from so many of our guests, with huge compliments towards The Asbury. The venue is exactly what you picture Asbury Park to be…unique, funky, lively and overall an amazing venue for a wedding. We worked with Matt who was incredible. He’s a true professional who listened and worked his magic to make our wedding exactly what we wanted. Our ceremony was on the roof, dinner and dancing for 110 guests fit perfectly in the ballroom and the terrace was beautifully light for our outdoor lounge that included both bars and photobooth. All of the other staff, from Carrie (our bridal attendant) to the front desk desk, were so accommodating and were as much as part of our weekend as anyone else. Overall, we couldn’t imagine getting married anywhere else and would recommend The Asbury, especially if you and your guests want to make a weekend of it.

Sent on 06/24/2019

T.J. · Married on 05/05/2018

We didn't want a stodgy or overly traditional space, and the Asbury completely completely fit the bill - full of unique touches, lots of light, and pops of color. Modern, yet warm and welcoming. From the moment you arrive, the lobby is one you wanted to hang out in - and it ended up being a wonderful gathering space for family throughout the weekend. The Baronet was a stunning space to hold our ceremony, with the ocean in the background. The event space is a blank palette, but the Asbury is very helpful in providing preferred vendors who have worked in the space before. With 160 guests, there was good flow and it never felt too crowded. We worked primarily with Amy in the lead up to the wedding, and she was helpful in guiding us through the process - super friendly and easy to communicate with. On the day of the event, we were taken care of by Chris and Carrie, who were both so fantastic - we were in safe hands. As a previous commenter noted, there is no shortage of amazing photo locations in and around the hotel. A wonderful location for a wonderful day!

Sent on 09/12/2018

meghan · Married on 10/14/2017

3.6
      2.5

I wouldn't have picked any other venue! We had a fall wedding with the cocktail hour on the Baronet and it was perfect. The Asbury is the perfect location for couples looking for a unique venue with Asbury Park flair.

Sent on 05/21/2018
    The Asbury Hotel 20
    The Asbury Hotel 21
    The Asbury Hotel 22

The Asbury Hotel's reply:

Meghan, thank you for taking the time to leave us such a wonderful review. It was truly a pleasure being a part of your wedding, and we hope you both come back and visit us soon!

Linda · Married on 06/29/2018

3.6
      3.0
      3.0

The Asbury Hotel is a beautiful venue and it was everything would could of asked for on the day of our wedding. The process of booking the venue and dealing with the hiccups that kept occurring due to mismanagement were a headache that no one should have to deal with. The management fixed the problems that did arise after many emails and phone calls. Carrie was our bridal attendant and she was the best I have ever seen. I would recommend her for your next event.

Sent on 07/10/2018
  • Caitlin

Caitlin · Married on 06/01/2019

Horrible communication

I have to start this review by saying my wedding at the Asbury was the most amazing day. Friends and family, the amazing weather, and great vendors made the day perfect and because of that, we lucked out. However, I absolutely could not recommend hosting an an event here. In working with Amy Floss, it seemed like she talks a lot to make the sell but when it comes down to delivering, it’s a different story.

Every step of the way, I would always have to feel like I was chasing her down to contact her and confirm details, always waiting for an email back. Not a great feeling when planning your wedding. We booked the event space well over a year in advance for 150 guests. Then, with about 2 weeks til the wedding she tries to reach out to me saying they only have enough chairs for 140 and we would have to rent the rest for about $400. She carefully relayed that information to me and not my father who was paying for the event, as she was clearly trying to see what she could get away with. Once my father reached out, magically, she tells him that we don’t have to pay. We were also using a tent for the outdoor space and she charged him extra to have the tent taken down the next day because of another event (even though he allowed the event the night before to use the tent). This is just the beginning.

On our wedding day, we haven’t heard from Amy at all. I believed that she was a day of coordinator but did not hear from her at all to hear about the timeline. I even had to leave a bag of extra decor and reception items with the front desk and just trust that they would know what to do with it as she must not have had the time to speak with me that day. We specifically ordered a custom neon sign to be displayed at our wedding and it was just left left in the bag because “they couldn’t find an outlet”. Our ceremony start time was 5 pm. Flash forward to 5:20 and I am in my room with my bridesmaids all ready to go, yet still no one came to get us. We actually had to call down to try to figure out what the plan was. Again, a HORRIBLE feeling as you’re about to walk down the aisle. Not only this, but I found out from my dad and other guests that people were taking the wrong elevators and had no idea where to go for the ceremony. Again, great communication. My dad literally had to ride the elevator and run around to make sure guests knew where they were going. Finally, in a mad dash, Carrie finally came to our room to take us up and was the only real redeeming staff member. She really stepped up and I wish we were able to work with her from the beginning. Still, it was clear that communication is a huge issue for this staff as directly after the ceremony they sent my bridesmaids down the elevator even though they were supposed to wait for pictures. They had to wait a while to get the elevator back up to the roof and staff literally said “I don’t know the plan”.

All in all, it was clear that communication and interpersonal skills are not a strength for Amy. I won’t even get into our next day ‘brunch’ and Amy trying to add extra charges after the fact. While everything ended up beautiful, thanks to the vendors and nice weather, the events leading up to the wedding and the limited communication while planning the wedding really affected my experience. Do not book your wedding at the Asbury if you are looking for a smooth and stress free experience.

Sent on 06/04/2019