23 Reviews for The American Hotel

Outside Vendors (1)
Pet Friendly (1)
Wireless Internet (1)
Wheelchair Access (1)

My husband and I had our wedding here last fall. We could not have asked for a better experience with the venue and Peter. He was beyond helpful, always took the time to answer our questions, made great vendor recommendations, and provided wonderful assistance night-of. Such a beautiful, historic space.

Profile Picture Hannah, 11/1/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Indoor

Great space for a wedding ceremony and reception. It was exactly what we wanted.

Profile Picture Jessi, 9/16/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Indoor, Clean Up, Outside Vendors, Pet Friendly, Set Up

Peter Harrison was excellent in every way! He was always available to answer any questions you may have. When my matron of honor came into town he had no problem opening the place up and giving her a tour. He was available to help my wedding coordinator in decorating the day before. The place is absolutely beautiful! I felt like a princess when I entered the room! I forgot my glasses at the venue and Peter walked them over to our hotel room! That is going beyond what words I can say! Excellent caring man! Not just a business owner! Thank you Peter!

Profile Picture Stacy, 8/26/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Parking, Wheelchair Access, Clean Up, Bridal Suite, Indoor

We hosted our August wedding reception at the American Hotel. We're not from the area and Peter was great at working with us remotely to plan a successful event. He was very helpful helping us figure out everything from the room layout to the linens and lots of other little things. He was extremely accessible during the two days we rented the space and really went the extra mile to help us make sure everything went off without a hitch. Also.. we just love this historic space!

Profile Picture Heather, 8/12/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Lighting/Sound, Set Up, Wireless Internet, Linens

In addition to using the venue itself, Peter catered our rehearsal dinner at the cafe and served as our day-of coordinator. He also special ordered linens in our colors. He was attentive, personal, professional, and kind. The venue was absolutely gorgeous and everything was clean and organized. He locked on a new cake for us when our baker cancelled less than two hours before the ceremony, he helped me fix my skirt prior to walking down the aisle so that it looked perfect, and so many other little things. We highly recommend Peter and The American Hotel.

Profile Picture Emma, 6/17/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Linens, Clean Up, Bridal Suite, Set Up, Indoor, Parking

This place is absolutely AMAZING and so is the venue manager, Pete! You get to have the banquet room for 2 days! Plenty of time to set up how you please and take down. This place is a fabulous price (half of any other place I looked at)! It's got such an industrial, cozy, rustic feel to it. We were able to hang lights and light a ton of candles to make it even cozier! I seriously could not have asked for a better place to have our wedding reception and a better person to work with.

Profile Picture Chelsea, 11/26/16, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Indoor, Linens, Parking

The American Hotel Banquet Room is an amazing place to have a wedding and reception! There is plenty of room to accommodate lots of people. The building itself is beautiful. Loved that they kept the "oldness" of it. The price of the venue is very reasonable. Loved the fact that you can pay for 2 days. We went in on Friday to decorate and had everything ready for Saturday. Stress free day!!! One good thing is the tables and chairs are included in the price of the venue and they set up the tables for you! Big help! So all in all I was extremely happy with everything! Highly recommend!!!!

Profile Picture Erika, 4/16/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Parking, Indoor

This was such a great venue and Brian was so helpful the day of setup. I definitely recommend renting the venue for both Friday and Saturday so that you make sure you have all the time to prepare you need. The extra cost is totally reasonable and worth the peace of mind. Also spring for the extra clean up option--it is the best value and all you have to do is tear down the stuff you brought with you!

Profile Picture User6628849, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Services Used: Linens, Parking, Uncovered Outdoor

We are very pleased so far with the American Hotel. Although they were hard to get a hold of at first, they were very attentive and responsive once we got a call back and we visited. The price is so reasonable and you are allowed to bring in all catering, drinks and other items from outside.
Brian is a great guy, answers questions quickly. We are looking forward to our March 2016 reception!

Profile Picture Erica, 3/5/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This was hands down the best venue that we ever could have hoped for. The flexibility and price are everything that any bride and groom could hope for. The interior of the building is timeless and compliments any decor. Cleanup is offered for an extra cost but is well worth it! I would recommend this venue time and time again.

Profile Picture User5621054, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Services Used: Linens, Uncovered Outdoor, Parking, Lighting/Sound

This place has a natural beauty all around. The décor takes care of most of the decorations you would need. Beautiful places outside to take pictures as well. We had a ball here and the coordinator of the place works really well with you!!

Profile Picture Shelby, 10/17/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The American Hotel is a beautiful wedding venue!

Profile Picture Megan, 10/3/15, 1 Review
Services Used: Indoor, Linens, Parking

We had such an amazing experience and could not have asked for better service. Brian, the coordinator, was wonderful and was always willing to answer questions and field phone calls and emails. He also kept us in the loop when there was an issue with the tablecloths we ordered and he was able to fix this issue in a timely manner. I never had to worry that something wasn't done. Brian was also at the wedding and reception the whole time so when things popped up during our event, he was right there to help. It took a lot of stress off.

Profile Picture Megan , 9/26/15, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Indoor, Linens, Parking

Brian answered all my questions quickly. He was so helpful on the set up day in moving tables and changing chairs. The space was clean and worked well for the layout I designed. We had plenty of room for a dance area, buffet line, cocktail tables, gifts, beverages and the cake table plus seating for 142! I surprised myself with how the space felt roomy for the number of tables. All in all, the wedding was everything my daughter wanted and ideal for the 1000 origami cranes draped among the columns at the American Hotel. All so nice!!! I'd gladly plan and stylize another wedding for future clients at The American Hotel.

Profile Picture Natalie, 9/12/15, 1 Review
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor

The American Hotel was a great venue at an affordable cost for both our reception and rehearsal dinner. The banquet room is beautiful and doesn't need many decorations. They also allow you to have an outside caterer which helped us save money as well. Brian was very attentive and easy to work with. We provided a blueprint of how we wanted the room set up and he took care of placing the tables where we wanted them, and even helped us decorate the day before! We rented our linens trough the American Hotel which was convenient as well.

I would highly recommend this venue.

Profile Picture User5451189, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Unique Services (Other)
3.8

The American Hotel Banquet Room was the perfect place for our wedding reception!

Profile Picture User5352531, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
3.5

Being our first wedding wasn't really sure what I was doing. Could have used an initial face to face meeting tone given suggestions,etc. Overall it was a good experience. Pretty venue and good size space.

Profile Picture Sue, 6/28/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Awesome venue! Great working wih these folks!

Profile Picture User3755209, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The venue is beautifully vintage and needed just simple table decorations to make it perfect for our needs. I was contacted several times before the date to make sure that I had everything I was going to need and was given several suggestions to help make the event go off smoothly. The day of set up I needed small changes, table here or there etc and found them very accommodating to every need. We are more than pleased with the value, professionalism and beauty of this venue. Many of our guests made the same compliments! Thank you, Cindy & Jerry

Profile Picture Cindy, 5/30/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

The American Hotel Banquet Room was a very unique place to have our drop-in reception--and very reasonably priced. Brian Sasser was very helpful and knowledgeable in the planning stage and as the event day approached. He didn't mind my questions and was very prompt with answers and contracts.

Profile Picture User5040635, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We used the American Hotel for our winter wedding ceremony and reception. This venue is absolutely gorgeous, affordable, and gives you the freedom to have it your way. Brian Sasser was our contact person (he was fabulous); Always there to offer suggestions, but never over-stepping. During the wedding he was present to help coordinate and gladly offered assistance with lighting, moving tables, etc. I really can't say enough about this beautiful, historic building. I couldn't be happier. I would recommend to any bride.

Profile Picture Aubree, 2/28/15, 2 Reviews
4.3

The venue was beautiful. The staff set up all of the tables and chairs for you (and you give them your own layout) and the location is perfect. There was a little bit of difficulty contacting the venue in the planning stages, but during and after the event they were great. Highly recommend this venue.

Profile Picture Samantha, 8/24/13, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We recently rented The American Hotel for our daughters wedding. The price was one of the best we found and the staff was courteous and pleasant to work with. Staff member Samantha was on site the entire day of the wedding and she couldn't have been more helpful! She was very accommodating and even offered up solutions for some of the minor details we were still ironing out. If you are looking for a venue in the Shenandoah Valley I highly recommend you give them a call and check it out. The ambiance in the banquet room is outstanding!

Profile Picture Stephen, 5/5/13, 1 Review