The 1932 Barn at Historic Hodge's Farm Reviews

8 | Charlotte, NC

8 Reviews for The 1932 Barn at Historic Hodge's Farm

8 The 1932 Barn at Historic Hodge's Farm Reviews

Kristen · Married on 11/11/2017

Lori and her staff at The Barn were absolutely amazing! We had our wedding reception here in November and it ran flawlessly! From the beautiful decor they provided to the set up and the coordination, we couldn't have asked for a better place and team to work with. This was my dream wedding and it wouldn't have been complete without The 1932 Barn!

Stephanie · Married on 05/20/2017

I honestly don't even know where to begin! The staff, the venue, the decor, EVERYTHING exceeded our expectations far beyond what we ever would have imagined. Prior to the wedding, the staff was incredibly accommodating and helpful to make sure that we could work together to have everything prepared. They were ON THE BALL the day of our wedding and both my husband and I know it would not have run that smoothly without them. I think one of our groomsmen/family members misplaced the sparklers and before I even knew it had happened, Lori and her staff had found replacement sparklers that were ready to go. We honestly couldn't have asked for better people to help us with our wedding and I hope that we get to work with them in the future just because they're amazing individuals! If you book with Lori, you will not be disappointed and I guarantee you will have the best day of your life. We honestly can't thank them all enough!

Kelli · Married on 10/08/2016

The Lodge and staff are truly incredible! Our wedding was the day Hurricane Matthew hit and although our outdoor wedding quickly changed to an indoor wedding, it was perfect. Everything went extremely well and that is 100% due to the remarkable job of all the staff. Lori & Margo and everyone else at our wedding stayed on top of every detail and it was a true pleasure working with all. And a big thank you to the men working in the wind and rain on the roof to ensure it wouldn't leak. smile emoticon:-) The entire wedding ran smoothly and we couldn't have asked for a more perfect evening. We are grateful we found the 1932 Barn and had the pleasure to work with everyone there. If you are looking for the perfect place to get married- we highly recommend them. You will not be disappointed. Thank you again for making our wedding day so special.

Molly · Married on 04/16/2016

I can't recommend Lori and her great staff and family for an event you have. The were amazing when the hosted an event for Spark Ministry and the ladies from the Dove's Nest Mission in Charlotte. Professional, creative, reliable, great communication and FUN!!! Thank you Lori!!!
    Molly Breitenfeld
    Executive Director - SPARK Ministry

Hope · Married on 11/14/2015

After searching for potential wedding venues in both southern Virginia and North Carolina, I settled on The Historic 1932 Hodges Barn in Charlotte, NC. From the first phone contact with the coordinator, Lori Diefenbach, I knew I’d found the right place. Lori was warm and helpful from the beginning, she took time to explain her services, and she asked questions to determine just what I hoped to feature at my wedding. After talking with a number of venues where they seemed too busy (or even bothered by my questions), Lori was communicative and patient. She made helpful suggestions and was responsive to all questions in a timely manner. Since this venue allows a bride to choose a caterer of her choice, I was able to save quite a bit of money in comparison to sites which required a hefty minimum charge for an in-house caterer.
    Visiting the Sassifras Design center to choose my décor items (included in the price) was a delight. I had no problem choosing the items I wanted from among hundreds of adorable décor pieces….candle sticks, floral garlands, and items to decorate the gift table, dessert table, or beverage service items….it’s all there! Providing these items saved me a lot of time and money.
    Lori’s ability to decorate the venue and reception tables, provide charming signage, and provide lots of staff were some of my favorite features of using the 1932 Barn. My wedding was November 14th, yet the Barn was comfortably warm. I used the barn’s Annex for the wedding… the inviting benches for guests and the soft afternoon sunlight filtering in created a dreamy and beautiful setting. The Bride’s room featured a lovely and NEW private restroom and a charming seating area. The “sparkler send-off” was so much fun….the fire pit for s’mores…..the delightful country farm ambiance….the photo opportunities….the guests just kept commenting on the enjoyable venue. Lori is a talented and gifted venue coordinator who really comes through!

Marissa · Married on 11/14/2015

I photographed a wedding at the 1932 Barn on Hodges in November and I was truly blown away by the staff as well as how beautiful the venue is. As soon as I arrived, Lori found me, introduced herself and her and her daughter were extremely attentive to me through the whole day, ready to help at any opportunity. They were warm, friendly, and a joy to work with. I appreciated how laid back they were in allowing me to get creative with the bride and groom around the property, helping create as much time as possible to shoot with them. They took amazingly intentional care of the bridal party, the bride and groom's family, and the guests. The best part of working with them was how they worked as a family and made the atmosphere inviting and comfortable. Lori and her family truly have a gift and I think the biggest quality that sets them apart is the way that they I saw them serve each and every person they came in contact with during the wedding.

The property is beautiful from the horses roaming in the pasture behind the barn to the rustic chic bridal suite. Sassifras Design did a phenomenal job with decor because it TRULY felt like the wedding was straight off of a Pinterest board. The table decor was unique and beautiful. They truly captured the bride and groom's personalities in the way the decorated for the wedding!

I would recommend this venue to any couple looking to work with an attentive and caring venue/planners and hope that I have the pleasure of working with them again soon!

Denise · Married on 06/27/2015

My daughter and her husband chose the 1932 barn for their wedding because this venue had so much to offer. It is beautifully restored with chandeliers and a huge space for tables and dancing. They offer a private bridal room and a private groomsmen's room. This is where we all hung out and got ourselves ready prior to the ceremony. On the left side of the barn is a bar area we set up beverages as well as a game area for our guests to enjoy. On the right is a separate indoor space where we set up the buffet, cake and favors. We can not rave enough about this venue and especially for Lori, Mike and their crew. They did an incredible job; very professional and truly the best at what they do. Lori had worked with my daughter on planning and choosing her decorations and props from their design center and helped create her dream into something phenomenal.
    Our friends and family are still talking about this venue and their wonderful wedding experience.

Delanie · Married on 05/02/2015

I had my wedding at the 1932 barn in May 2015. It was the perfect "Pinterest" wedding. From the very beginning Lori and her staff helped with every detail to make the barn unique to myself and my husbands personalities. I met with her on several occasions to pick out table arrangements, decorations and how I wanted the flow of the day to go. I had no worries the day of because I knew everything was handled with care and professionalism. The bridal suite was the perfect place for myself and my bridesmaids to get ready. I had 6 bridesmaids,myself and 4 flower girls and it was never cramped. The barn was amazing beautiful chandeliers and hanging lights I could not have pictured it any different. I can't thank Lori enough for making our day like a fairytale. If you want a picturesque barn wedding with beautiful sunset views look no further!