The 1927 Lake Lure Inn and Spa Reviews

The 1927 Lake Lure Inn and Spa 6
The 1927 Lake Lure Inn and Spa 7

Daima · Getting married on 09/22/2019

Outstanding service!

Great experience. We're very satisfied with the service we received during our wedding. Allyssa was exceptional. She made sure every detail was covered all throughout and in a timely manner. She was always reachable and willing to accommodate any special needs or requests. Mostly everything is included within their package, except for the photographer, officiant, and decorator, for which they have good recommendations. They have plenty of packages to choose from. Prices are very reasonable.

Sent on 05/27/2019
  • Tricia

Tricia · Married on 08/03/2019

Most beautiful venue and superb experience! Patrick is the very best in the industry. There are not enough words to express how happy we are.

Wow! Gorgeous venue, excellent customer service from start to finish. And Patrick! He is the best in the industry. He made our event magical. He was there with us from start to finish. He goes above and beyond. I don't have enough words to adequately explain the help and attention to details he offers the bride and groom. My guests said it was the best wedding they ever attended. The food was delicious!! Seriously. And the whole event ran so smoothly. I cannot recommend them highly enough.

Apart from the absolutely wonderful customer service - you get delicious wedding food, gorgeous views from every angle and personal attention!! Thank you for a wonderful wedding weekend. And hire the 1927 Lake Lure Inn - Asap- ask for Patrick.

Sent on 08/15/2019
    The 1927 Lake Lure Inn and Spa 8
    The 1927 Lake Lure Inn and Spa 9

Eve Frye · Married on 03/30/2019

Mother of Bride

Our experience with The Lake Lure Inn & Spa was nothing short of amazing. Beautiful hotel nestled in the mountains on a gorgeous lake. The entire hotel staff is the friendliest, and most helpful and accommodating group of people I've ever worked with, and Patrick is simply the best! He went above and beyond to ensure our daughter's wedding day was perfect, and it truly was. Many of our guests said it was the best wedding they had ever attended. I highly recommend The Lake Lure Inn & Spa for any event you may be planning. You won't be disappointed!

Sent on 04/26/2019
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 11/24/2018

Beautiful and Romantic

I fell in love with this place as soon as I went for a tour. It was the perfect setting for our wedding - mountains, lake, a romantic venue, and bonus- dog friendly! But mostly, I can't speak more highly of the people who work here. They were unbelievably nice and patient with not only me, but my entire wedding guest list. The food was delicious ALL weekend--seriously SO GOOD! I worked directly with Allyssa, and she was AMAZING. She was so easy to work with and our weekend was completed on schedule! Fantastic venue!

Sent on 12/02/2018
  • Emily

Emily Feudale · Married on 11/03/2018

Wouldn't Change a Single Thing!

I do not know where to start. My wife and I were married at the 1927 Lake Lure Inn about a week and a half ago. I should start at the beginning. Allyssa is amazing! We couldn't have asked for anyone better! She was always available to answer any question we had. Our guest count literally doubled and she handled it like it was no big deal. She was a lot of fun during our tasting and planning session and was also very knowledgeable about what would be good for our wedding. Now the wedding itself was amazing! Every single person on the staff was incredibly nice, mind blowing nice! They were always there to help and always kept my drink full! They helped us with whatever setting up we had and requests on the day of the wedding. The hotel itself is really great and only adds to however you decide to decorate. The rooms are also clean and nicely decorated. All of our guests that stayed the night loved it! We couldn't have asked for one single thing different or better. Everything was absolutely perfect!

Sent on 11/13/2018

Nicole · Married on 10/27/2018

Amazing wedding venue with even better staff!

We are SO happy we had our wedding weekend at the Lake Lure Inn. All of the staff were truly top-notch but Allyssa and Patrick deserve huge shoutouts for their attention to detail and exceptional customer service. We worked with Allyssa a ton leading up to the big day and were able to really customize our wedding to be exactly how we wanted, not based on a set package... and the event team did everything to make it such a perfect experience!! Our Friday night welcome bonfire got rained out, but the Inn had an awesome backup plan indoors that had our friends surrounding a delicious chocolate fountain and dancing the night away instead! We had a larger wedding (130) for the venue and they were super accommodating about holding nearly every room in our room block for over a year too - and it was so much fun to have all of our guests in one place all weekend long! The wedding food was sooo good and we got a lot of compliments on that too!! We can't wait to come back for anniversaries and future celebrations. THANK YOU, Allyssa and Lake Lure team!!

Sent on 11/12/2018

Bryan Warren · Married on 10/26/2018

Amazing experience

My beautiful wife and I had our first date at Lake Lure 27 years ago and we recently celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary by renewing our vows at the lake Lure Inn. The staff, food and atmosphere were incredible and made our special day even more special thanks to their amazing attention to detail and service. I cannot express how fantastic the entire experience was from the planning to the actual event. If you have a special day to celebrate then look no farther, the Lake Lure Inn can certainly make your day a memorable experience.

Sent on 11/04/2018

Abbie · Married on 10/20/2018

Perfect and memorable wedding

We were so happy to have chosen this venue. Everyone was friendly, courteous, and eager to make our special day run as smooth as possible. Everything we asked for was accommodated, and our guests raved about the location, the service, the food, the cake, everything. Even though they had multiple other weddings that weekend (I picked the busiest time of the year), it felt as though we were the only group there. The weekend was exactly what we envisioned. Could not recommend them more highly.

Sent on 11/25/2018
  • F

Faith · Married on 10/05/2018

The 1927 Lake Lure Inn & Spa was an absolute dream. We got married there on a Friday and had the bonfire on the beach as our rehearsal dinner (I would strongly recommend doing this!). All food is catered on site, and the food was outstanding. My husband and I are obsessed with history and past presidents, and this venue was stylish while antiquated. Allyssa was a brilliant coordinator and I honestly don't know what we would have done without her. She was responsive, professional, and so down to earth during the whole process. Weddings can be stressful, but she was unflappable and sincere throughout it all. The outdoor veranda and gardens were lush with flowers and the inn was nice enough to trim the grass the morning of our wedding. We honestly couldn't have picked a better venue, and are pleased as punch with how everything turned out. It was worth every penny!

Sent on 10/11/2018

Dana · Married on 08/11/2018

From the moment my fiance, at the time, visited The 1927 Lake Lure Inn & Spa we knew this would be our venue for our August wedding. The staff was so amazing and made us feel like family. Many guests said it was the best wedding food they had ever had. Thanks to Allyssa Dixon (venue coordinator) for being a rock star and making it all come together. We will certainly be back year after year to celebrate our love and marriage. This venue is a gem in the mountains!!!

Sent on 08/25/2018
  • W

Whitney · Married on 06/09/2018

If you are thinking about having your wedding at the 1927 Lake Lure Inn & Spa, do it. I highly recommend. I just don't have the words to express how wonderful everything was-- all thanks to Allyssa, the events manager, and the entire wonderful staff at the Inn. Allyssa is very responsive, efficient and personable; she somehow manages to seem easy going when I know she is working her tail off. She was there for me anytime I had questions, needed guidance, needed reassurance, needed to vent, etc. We started the weekend with a small rehearsal dinner by the lake followed by a bonfire with s'mores open to all who made a weekend out of the affair. Right away, Vinny, one of the bartenders, greeted me with a Miller Lite (my drink of choice)-- good prep work Allyssa! This set the tone for the entire weekend. I know there were so many parts in motion, but this crew knows their business and works together to make it seamless. The ceremony was at the park around the corner with the gazebo and the trolley shuttled everyone back and forth in style. Anything we wanted, they made it happen. My hair and make-up plan fell through at the last minute and Britney at Irongate Spa was at the ready and fantastic. Seriously-- Britney used some industrial strength make-up that withstood the heat, tears and lots of sweat. Because the Inn was able to host the rehearsal dinner, after party gatherings at The Moose and Goose, spa on site, restaurant on site, it was a constant interaction with my guests and it was perfect. All of our friends and family really had a great time and I think all will remember it as a wonderful, fun event full of love. It was perfect and exactly what I wanted. Thank you so much 1927 Lake Lure Inn & Spa!

Sent on 09/14/2018
    The 1927 Lake Lure Inn and Spa 10
    The 1927 Lake Lure Inn and Spa 11
    The 1927 Lake Lure Inn and Spa 12
    The 1927 Lake Lure Inn and Spa 13
    The 1927 Lake Lure Inn and Spa 14
    The 1927 Lake Lure Inn and Spa 15

Karen · Married on 04/27/2018

Lake Lure Inn and Spa was a dream come true! It's been four months since our wedding and our guests are still talking about it! The staff was incredibly friendly and cared about us and our guests. It was a beautiful place for our wedding. The view was breath taking everywhere. It's a wonderful little cove completely surrounded by mountains. I'd reccomend it to everyone! They were great with our budget too! And they let us completely customize our experience there.

Sent on 09/08/2018
    The 1927 Lake Lure Inn and Spa 23
    The 1927 Lake Lure Inn and Spa 24
    The 1927 Lake Lure Inn and Spa 25

Danita · Married on 04/05/2018

We decided on The Lake Lure Inn & Spa after our first visit there with the wedding coordinator. She was extremely friendly and knowledgeable and the package we got was the best price we had come across for all that is included. I honestly can't even begin to give the whole staff of The Lake Lure Inn & Spa enough credit for all they did during not just the whole planning process but during the ceremony, reception and the whole weekend we stayed. They went above and beyond to make sure any needs we had were accomodated. The Inns Ambassador Patrick was hands on the entire time and was absolutely amazing in seeing to everyone's needs. The whole entire staff was, so much so that our guests noticed and were highly impressed with the service provided. We literally didn't have to worry about one thing and will definitely be back just to visit all the people who made our day wonderful!! I would recommend planning any event there!!

Sent on 06/14/2018

Abigail · Married on 03/24/2018

Absolutely amazing...

You know the fairy tale wedding? Where nothing goes wrong? The music is on cue, the weather is gorgeous, the guests are having a blast dancing? That was our wedding.

My husband, his family, and part of my family have been in the wedding industry for over 20 years. They have extremely high expectations. When we received personal phone calls from ALL of them a week later gloating how our wedding was one of the best weddings they have EVER seen, we had to give credit where credit is due - to Lake Lure Inn and its incredibly amazing staff.

Our day-of planner, Patrick, thought of everything and then some. Our (March) wedding was on a chilly, overcast day - a perfect day for me and my husband, though the guests were a little weary. We wanted our wedding outside in the gazebo, no matter what. It was one of the first places we both fell in love with. (He's a water boy and I'm a mountain girl, so Lake Lure was our ultimate happy place.) Last minute, we decided to bring tons of blankets from home for guests. Patrick made sure the blankets were available, and dragged back-and-forth large propane heaters from the ceremony site to the reception site to keep guests warm. To combat the potential rain, Patrick secured and set up quite a few large tents to cover primary areas (again, he was 5 steps ahead of us). All our vendors were extremely well coordinated. I literally had no worries the day of our wedding. I felt completely at ease and enjoyed the spa with my mother and maid of honor.

Our ceremony went perfectly. Everyone loved the trolley ride to the park. The flowers were arranged perfectly, and a path outlined by white rose petals, lanterns, and logs flowed seamlessly to the aisle. When it was time for photos (between ceremony and reception while guests enjoyed cocktail hour), Patrick ensured the guests were entertained, drinks were flowing, and hors d'oevres were served in plenty.

Our reception went perfectly as well! Tables lined with linens, plates, silverware, and glasses (all provided by the inn!) and comfortably sat all our guests. Music played from the Veranda as lights filled the sky. The food was marvelous, and that's coming from the professional chefs in our family. We loved having access to the bar to allow guests other drink options. The night was filled with dancing, love, and wonder, all the while the staff of Lake Lure Inn were working behind the scenes to makes sure everything ran smoothly. They even accommodated an impromptu last-minute song sang by my husband before our sparkler exit.

We had some... unusual components to our wedding. Firstly, all of our guests were from out of town and all of them stayed at the inn (several bringing their pet dogs with them). Many came in Friday and stayed through Sunday. The staff did an excellent job catering to all the needs of our 75 guests during all three days. They were very accepting of pets inside the inn (even our 130lb Rottwieler/German Shepherd). We also had some unusual privacy requirements. I had bridesmen instead of bridesmaids. Lake Lure was accommodating of our privacy needs, and found a space for everyone to get ready. Due to a last-minute snag, our cake covered in cream cheese butter cream frosting arrived early Saturday morning. Patrick found us room in their walk-in cooler for the cake, and beautifully set the cake up once it was time. I told Patrick the day of our wedding my husband and I had written personalized letters to everyone of our guests. We needed the letters positioned to where they were not noticeable to the guests, but where we could easily access the letters after we ate - he hid them perfectly.

The staff was so considerate during our entire event. When we arrived, our plates had been filled with food so we would not have to wait in the (buffet) line. The room in our fridge was stacked from top to bottom with plates of leftovers (which my husband and I thoroughly enjoyed over the remainder of our stay).

Overall, this by far one of the best venues to book a wedding. Lake Lure Inn gave us our fairy tale wedding and there is not a thing we would change.

Sent on 12/18/2018
    The 1927 Lake Lure Inn and Spa 35
    The 1927 Lake Lure Inn and Spa 36
    The 1927 Lake Lure Inn and Spa 37

Brittany · Married on 10/28/2017

My wedding was absolutely beautiful i could not asked for a better venue!

Sent on 11/06/2017

elizabeth · Married on 10/27/2017

Awesome reception. Friendly staff and very helpful. Would recommend to everyone!!!!

Sent on 11/07/2017

Kelly · Married on 10/21/2017

We researched several WNC wedding venues and only had to visit one. Upon meeting Leigh Vayo, we knew. We knew we were in good hands and would be well taken care of by the Inn. All of the staff greeted us with such kindness time and again.....the Front Desk at all hours, the Bartenders at all hours, Maintenance when we had a dead car battery, the Servers no matter how many guests, the Trolley Driver on time, every time and Housekeeping for any and every need. The staff at the Inn truly went above and beyond repeatedly for us and our guests.
    Leigh maintained excellent communication with us from day one to the day of and days after. We could not be more pleased and absolutely feel our money was very well spent. We will be back again and again for long weekends and to celebrate anniversaries!

Sent on 10/31/2017

Allison · Married on 10/14/2017

My husband and I were just married at Lake Lure Inn and I couldn't have been happier. From our first meeting and tour with Leigh, we were very excited and felt comfortable with not only the venue but the entire staff we would be working with. They give you the contract up front as well as ample time to ask questions before signing. My wedding coordinator Allyssa was great, for the next 10 months, she kept in touch in a non-pressuring manner, answered my questions in a timely fashion (even the silly ones), and made good recommendations when I simply needed someone's opinion. I am not local to Lake Lure, so I depended strongly on her advice and I'm so glad I did so. One of the best things about this venue is you don't need to worry about your guests driving to and from anywhere as they can all stay at the inn when the reception is over. And If you weren't ready to go to bed just yet when the reception ends, the Moose and Goose Lounge served as an excellent after hours spot until bed time was inevitable. Another great thing is that both the gazebo for the ceremony and the hotel for the reception are beautiful as is, and don't need further decorations. Since many of our guests were coming in from quite a distance it was quite simple to help turn it into a destination weekend for most folks. The hotel staff helped arrange boat tours/golf outings and there was so much to do in the area such as Chimney Rock state park, miniature golf, and local restaurants/shops. Since this my only experience planning a wedding, I can't really compare it to another, however I can speak to how easy the ladies at the Inn made it for me to plan and coordinate the wedding (I did have a day of wedding planner that was absolutely fantastic and in my opinion absolutely essential), they helped me make everything exciting to look forward to and then when the wedding actually was happening, I don't think there was a single mishap and my guests are still telling me what fun they had.

Sent on 10/23/2017

Samantha · Married on 09/29/2017

The Inn and Spa was an incredible venue to work with. From everything from the gorgeous venue itself to the incredibly helpful staff. They made our wedding as stress free as possibly, specifically our coordinator Alyssa Dixon! Thank y'all so much for making everything perfect for us.

Sent on 10/29/2017

Jaclyn · Married on 09/09/2017

My husband and I just had our rehearsal dinner and wedding ceremony/reception at The 1927 Lake Lure Inn & Spa and couldn't be more thrilled with our experience. Throughout the planning and execution of our event, we worked with Leigh Vayo, who is by far one of the sweetest, most thoughtful people I have ever met. Leigh was always quick to respond to any of our questions and went above and beyond to accommodate our two flower puppies, families, guests, and other vendors. We had a bonfire on the beach for our rehearsal dinner and it was exactly the kind of relaxed event we were hoping for. Our wedding ceremony the following day was at the Morse Park Gazebo with our reception in the lobby, Tanner Dining Room, Veranda, and poolside. Leigh and the team at The 1927 Lake Lure Inn & Spa handled EVERYTHING! They brought our wedding parties brunch while we were hanging out and getting ready, they greeted each of our vendors and assisted them any way they could, they handled all set up and break down of our wedding, they coordinated each event with our wedding planner, and the food was out of this world amazing! The list could go on and on! Needless to say, we love Leigh and The 1927 Lake Lure Inn & Spa and our wedding was perfect - and their team and the stunning location was such a big part of that!

Sent on 09/12/2017

Carolynne · Married on 09/03/2017

My husband and I were recently married at 1927 Lake Lure Inn & Spa on Sept 3, 2017. I cannot say enough good things about this venue and the staff. From the first tour we received until after checkout from the wedding weekend, we were thoroughly impressed with the prompt communication, willingness to help, and overall attention to detail the Inn was able to provide. This was strongly due to the fantastic work of our venue coordinator, Leigh Vayo. If you have the opportunity to work with her for your wedding, you will be very lucky. She is so incredibly kind and no detail is too small, nor any question an imposition. Since we were planning a destination wedding, a lot of the footwork had to be done via email and phone conversations and she was with us every step of the way. Even on the eve of our wedding, as I was rushing around attending to family, I could trust her with any last minute changes and have no doubt that everything would be taken care of with the utmost attention. After the wedding I can not count how many times my guests commended the Inn's staff as being friendly and courteous and how much they loved all the Inn's decor. They also did an amazing job with the food. We had the Inn cater both the rehearsal dinner and reception and everything tasted absolutely amazing! Everyone was very satisfied with their meals and the Inn was even able to provide snacks for our after reception party. Overall, our wedding was an amazing experience and we would do it a million times again at 1927 Lake Lure Inn & Spa. Thank you so much Leigh!!!!!!!

Sent on 09/20/2017
  • Liza

Liza · Married on 07/29/2017

Could not have picked a better place to tie the knot at. Everything from the customer service to accommodations for our wedding and guest were great. If you are looking for a place that pretty much does everything at the location for one custom price that includes food, linens, venue space, transportation, bar tending, and so on, then you have found your venue. Plus, the food was amazing. I have never been to a wedding where the food was actually really, really good! So glad it was my own, You are crazy if you think you can find a better place than the Inn to get married especially for the price!

Sent on 08/14/2017

Chelsea · Married on 06/03/2017

The 1927 Lake Lure Inn & Spa was our chosen wedding ceremony and reception venue from the moment we stepped in it for our tour. My (now) husband and I grew up going to Lake Lure and the area, but had never stepped in this gem. We actually had looked at a few venues and thought we had found "the one," until we had a feeling that the real one was still out there. Stumbling across the fact that the Inn hosts weddings, we made a tour and from then on, the rest is history. We worked with Leigh, Allyssa and Patrick, all coordinators of weddings and events at the Inn to bring our wedding needs, wants and wishes to life. They were all incredibly attentive and helpful during the entire process which at times, is incredibly stressful, but only to the newlyweds to be. They are experienced and professional and handle all your needs with ease. Allyssa in particular was our coordinator and was easily reached via phone or email for my many questions and plan details. The wedding day and weekend left us absolutely blown away by their work to ensure us an amazing wedding. That is when you see the true heart of the entire staff there. Every single person of the Inn was so kind and helpful. Before even knowing I was a bride, as I'm just walking in and around with normal things on, not yet attached to any coordinators, I always received superior treatment. My family and wedding party and guests commented the entire time how nice everyone was. To have a setting as beautiful as the Inn and the gazebo and veranda and poolside for your wedding makes you especially lucky, but to add to that, people who make your big day easy and even better than the scenery, is a blessing. This review is entirely true. My husband and I talked that entire wedding weekend and days after about how great they were. We appreciate having them be so good to us, it meant a lot!

Sent on 06/07/2017

Allison · Married on 05/28/2017

The Lake Lure Inn and Spa was absolutely the perfect site for our May 28, 2017 wedding. Everything was perfect and it truly because of the Inn's accommodations and staff. First of all, Leigh Vayo was our on-site coordinator and she was incredible from beginning to end. Especially in the few weeks before the wedding, she was so detail-oriented and responsive. I believe these details are the reason that everything went so well. On the actual wedding weekend, I never saw her sit down! She is so hardworking and genuinely wanted everything to be perfect for us. She is incredibly kind and a joy to work with.
    We used the Inn for basically everything! On our first day, we did our rehearsal in Roosevelt Hall, rehearsal dinner in the new Fitzgerald's restaurant space, and then ended with a very fun bonfire on the beach. Then, on the day of the wedding, we got ready in Johnny's cabin and the Inn arranged food to be delivered for us. We then took first look pictures around the pool before getting in the convenient and cute trolley to head to the ceremony. The ceremony was in Morse Park facing Chimney Rock (not under the Gazebo, too tough to decorate!). The weather held out and the location was perfect. We then headed back for the reception! We decided to be announced and do all dances/speeches on the far side of the pool. It was just perfect. All of our friends and family had enjoyed appetizers and drink by this point, and there were many vantage points for the dances/speeches. After this, it was dinner time! We did the buffet and everyone loved the food. Then the dance floor opened on the Veranda after a few tables were taken away - so much fun! People could enjoy dancing or hang out around the pool area on the low or high top tables. It was all so perfect.

Thank you Leigh and all of the LLI staff for making our dream wedding a reality. We highly recommend this venue!

Sent on 06/29/2017