Team Wedding Reviews

Team Wedding 1
Team Wedding 2

Kristin · Married on 11/24/2018

Best planner EVER!!!

Marvyl is truly the best wedding planner!!! She does everything with such ease. She is always there to answer your questions and does anything for you! Marvyl has such a special place in my heart and I’m so lucky to have meet her and for her to have done my wedding!!!!!!

Sarah · Married on 11/19/2018

The best around

Marvyl was absolutely the best to work with. She was able to tailor her package to my needs as my wedding and rehearsal weren't exactly traditional. She made sure my every need was taken care of from getting ready, to making sure my shoes were available as soon as she noticed my feet were hurting. She was a pleasure to work with and I would highly recommend her to everyone I know!

Rachel Smith · Married on 11/17/2018

My Fairytale Wedding

First, let me start by saying that Marvyl is an amazing person. She’s kind and patient. I’ve known her for a long time, so when I got engaged, I couldn’t wait to ask Marvyl to be my wedding planner. No matter what crazy idea I had or the short timeframe I gave her, she got it done and never made me feel like I was being too extra. Throughout the process, she’s far more than a wedding planner; she’s a friend. Putting all your trust in a person to create the best day of your life is stressful—but it isn’t with Marvyl and Team Wedding. They organized and executed my fairytale wedding. It was more than I could have imagined. Every tiny detail was beyond perfect. It was the best day of my life. If you are looking for a wedding planner, look no further. I promise you that it’ll be the best money you spend.

Pictures by JoPhoto
    Gettysvue Country Club
    LB Floral

Emma · Married on 11/17/2018

Jessica made our wedding possible!

Jessica Wunder went above and beyond on our wedding day! An hour before the wedding our caterer informed us that they could not make it, Jessica personally helped me find food within an hour, picked all the food up herself, and brought it back and displayed it before we were even done with pictures. It has been about 3 weeks since the wedding and Jessica is still following up with me to make sure I get my refund from the original caterer. Words cannot describe how awesome working with Team Wedding and Jessica Wunder was, we were blessed to have them be a part of our wedding day!

Savannah · Married on 11/03/2018

Day of coordination

Marvel and her team were wonderful! As someone who typically plans large events and coordinates things, she exceeded expectations. I can't thank her enough for taking care of all the little things and the larger ones as well.

• Sarah

Sarah · Married on 11/03/2018

A Wonderful Experience

We had a day of planner for our wedding, and I’m so grateful we did. Jessica with Team Wedding absolutely went above and beyond to make sure our special day was as perfect as could be. She was so sweet, professional, and extremely helpful. I honestly don’t think the day would have went as smoothly without her. I definitely recommend Team Wedding for your big day!

Joshua · Married on 10/20/2018

Beyond amazing

Marvyl was honestly one of the hardest workers on my wedding day. I gave her free reign over my decorations, and they were beyond gorgeous. Our tablescapes were some of the most beautiful I’ve seen. She got my vision without me barely saying anything. It’s like we were mentally linked. I’m not saying she’s psychic, but I’m also not saying she isn’t.

Everyone was going on about how amazing the decorations were, and everything was organized from my simple ceremony to my jazzy simple reception. Marvyl made sure everything went to plan.

I could sing her praises for years and years to come.

• Julia

Julia · Married on 10/13/2018

Hire them!

Honestly y'all, Marvyl was a life saver. I would have been totally happy purchasing more of their services. I've recommended them to everyone. They. Were. INCREDIBLE. Super gay friendly. Helped us deal with less stellar vendors. Always kind and responsive and on it. And all of this was just for day-of coordination! Their day-of services were the best money we spent in our whole wedding. (And we loved most of our vendors!) It made the whole day so much smoother and more enjoyable. Fun, upbeat, knowledgeable, professional. I can't say enough. No problem was unsolvable. They were just so great. I wish I could hire Marvyl and her team to coordinate my life. Do not wait. Hire them for your wedding!

Jeremy · Married on 09/14/2018

It’s ironic that her name is Marvyl, because she’s definitely a superhero when it comes to planning weddings. Her teams efforts took so much pressure off the bride, and literally every guest could not stop bragging about the top notch work. Book her and don’t look back. You won’t regret it.

Michelle · Married on 09/14/2018

Team wedding

Wedding days can be stressful. On a day when even the slightest bump can throw everything off, Maryvl and her team at Team Wedding make it all so easy. They set everything up perfectly and exactly how I wanted it, and I didn't even need to lift a finger! They were prompt, professional, and so accommodating. Every time we crossed paths Maryvl asked if there was anything I needed or if there was anything she could do for me. Hard work and dedication such as that is hard to come by these days. They set everything up, and tore everything down at the end of the night. That alone is well worth any price.

Abby · Married on 07/14/2018

I cannot brag enough about how wonderful Marvyl and her team at Team Wedding are. They really went above and beyond to help make all of our wedding dreams a reality, down to every last detail. We were planning our wedding in Knoxville but living out of state for most of the planning time, and she was very accommodating about finding times to meet when we were in town and helped coordinate all of our vendor meetings. Not only is Marvyl a great wedding planner she is just an awesome person... Marvyl is absolutely amazing, enough said!!

Angela · Married on 06/21/2018

I originally thought I could do it all myself, then it hit me- asking my friends and family to deal with set up was like asking them to help me move. So I asked my photographer for recommendations for a day of coordinator and Marvyl was introduced. I could not have done it without her- my only let down was that I didn’t meet her sooner. I would have definitely paid for her full services and not just the day of that I had. She was caring, sweet, always said yes, and made my wedding run smooth. She and her team were a delight!

Marlena · Married on 06/20/2018

I had an incredible experience with Team Wedding from first contact to when we drove away. Marvyl was so attentive, helpful, and friendly. She found an incredible group of vendors and worked to make sure we got the best prices for the services. Our wedding day felt so smooth, and it was beautifully decorated. I can't thank Marvyl and Jessica enough for all of the hard work and behind-the-scenes work they put in to make it such a successful and memorable day. They are definitely the professionals you want for your big day.

Nathalie Mixon · Married on 06/02/2018

To hire Team Wedding is the best decision I could ever have made!

I have been super busy after our wedding so many apologies for this VERY late review!
    Our wedding was June 2, 2018. I started planning everything myself for about a year and was planning to have friends and family helping setting everything up at the venue. With 6months to go I realized that it’s not only going to be too much stress on me, it would also be very stressful for friends and family. We decided to hire a wedding planner for the month leading up to the wedding and during the day of. After talking to Marvyl and Team Wedding it wasn’t even a question to find someone else to help us on our big day! Marvyl knows exactly what she’s talking about, she knows or have worked with most vendors and she’s very pleasant to be around! I thought it would be hard for Marvyl to see my vision after everything I had planned already, but she understood everything! She went out of her way to help us to make our day perfect! Even though her regular helpers had family emergencies happening the day of(!) she got an extra help in the last second and made it all look perfect and beautiful! It was exactly as I had imagined it to be! We have had sooo many friends and family saying that it was the best wedding that they have ever been to and thought that everything was perfect! Without Marvyl and Team Wedding it would never have been that awesome! A HUGE THANK YOU TO MARVYL AND TEAM WEDDING!!!!

Anna · Married on 05/27/2018

I cannot say enough good things about Marvyl!!! Although I had already done most of the planning for my wedding, I realized a few months before that getting everything together on the day of would be so challenging on my own! I was starting to feel overwhelmed until I met up with Marvyl. I knew Marvyl when we were both in high school, but I hadn't seen her in years. Despite this, when we met up before the wedding to talk over the details, she was so incredibly warm and friendly! As other reviewers have said, we just clicked. I left the meeting feeling like everything was under control. She absolutely lifted a huge burden of stress from my shoulders, and her very reasonable pricing is worth it just for that relief alone! However, you get SO MUCH MORE with Team Wedding. I had a loose vision for the wedding, but Marvyl made everything look better than I ever could have imagined. The day of was so relaxing for me; all I had to do was marry the man of my dreams and have fun! Marvyl also gives you access to her extensive inventory and discounts for both rentals and florals. She also acted as an announcer and cake cutter at our wedding because I completely forgot to plan for those details... She even arranged all my florals (bouquets, boutonnieres, the whole deal)! She essentially paid for herself through all these services alone! She goes above and beyond to make sure you're happy with everything. As an example, we wanted some Harry Potter wedding touches. Marvyl made these incredible wands for our photo booth, AND she made enough for everyone in our bridal party to take one home! Marvyl and her team do everything you could want (and even things you didn't know you wanted until you saw how amazing they were!) on your wedding day. Booking Marvyl was the best decision I made when planning my wedding (aside from choosing my husband, obviously), and I wholeheartedly recommend her to anyone getting married. You won't regret it!

Jhezielle · Married on 05/05/2018

Marvyl is marvelous. And I’m sure she has heard that so many times...because it’s true. She was everything I needed and more! She ran around to find me and made sure I had what’s was needed. She fixed things and had answers to things I didn’t.

She was more than just a day of coordinator at the wedding. She became a friend to me and my wedding guests. She was so approachable and communicated so well with me that some people even thought we were just friends

Thank you Marvyl for everything!

Laurel · Married on 04/21/2018

Amazing experience!

My husband and I had the most amazing wedding we could have ever imagined thanks to Marvyl, Ashton, and their team! Because of Team Wedding, everything ran smoothly and as planned, making our lives easier. They were organized and excited to be there which allowed us to have fun and enjoy the best day of our lives. We are so grateful to them for their hard work and dedication and couldn't have done it without them! Look no further for wedding planning services, they will be one of the best decisions you can make!

Tina · Married on 02/17/2018

Marvyl was a rockstar! She was super professional from initial contact through the end. I was planning my wedding in Nashville from California, and I had ordered a bunch of random things to decorate the venue. I gave them all to her the morning of and gave her a overall vision, and she made it happen! Everything was so beautiful, and she even brought a photobooth which all of our guests LOVED. The wedding day flew by without a hitch, and she kept everything on track and so smoothly run. HIGHLY RECOMMEND.

Natalie · Married on 10/28/2017

My (now) husband and I live in Southern California but are originally from Morristown, TN and we knew we had to get married back at Rocky Top. Ya girl had no idea what she was about to get herself into! I thought I could do it all on my own but I quickly realized I needed professional help. I was on Facebook and a friend shared Team Wedding's page around New Years Day and mentioned that they had a promo- I was skeptical to invest in a wedding planner (which sounds absolutely hysterical as I admit it today). I was in contact with Marvyl immediately to see what she had to offer- we already had a venue and date and ironically enough our date was her LAST AVAILABLE DAY IN OCTOBER OF 2017. I mentioned our venue and she immediately reassured me that she knew the place inside and out- she was not lying. Marvyl and I spoke throughout our engagement. Our wedding was over capacity for the venue- our outdoor ceremony quickly turned into an indoor ceremony given East TN weather that turned dark, rainy, and cold. Marvyl took our guest count rented a tent- worked a ceremony seating arrangement that comfortably fit all guests inside- AMAZING. Absolutely the most amazing setup I could have ever imagined. Team wedding created the most cozy and unique wedding indoors. A guest literally said "they brought the outside in" and they REALLY DID. My family could not stop ranting and raving about Marvyl and her team. We did not have to lift one finger. I came to the realization that when you hire Marvyl, you not only hire a wedding planner- you hire a friend, a sister even- someone who is going to be on your side every step of the way whether it is dealing with the table linens or maybe an awkward family dynamic that you want to make sure goes smoothly- she is there to make sure you have the most KICK butt day- and boy did my husband and I.. it was the best day of our lives- and we owe it to not only all of our amazing vendors, but especially to Marvyl and Team Wedding! We love ya'll!

Elizabeth · Married on 10/22/2017

Marvyl and Team Wedding are amazing! I got married in October and everything was perfect.
    Great attention to detail, strong relationships with vendors and wonderful customer service. The overall savings were far greater than the initial investment. I was able to enjoy my wedding without the stress. Wouldn’t you like to do the same? Thank you Team Wedding!!

Megan · Married on 10/21/2017

From the moment my fiance and I got engaged, Marvyl was an absolute pleasure to work with. She went out of her way to be helpful and accommodating (when Nick and I moved to Nashville, she rearranged her schedule in order to make meetings with her more convenient), was always on time (I was never on time!), and the quality of support I received from her was comparable to none.

I think one of the best parts of having Marvyl and team around was that no matter where I was in the venue, if I put my drink down...... another one would magically appear in my hand less than sixty seconds later. I literally have no idea how she did it (eyes in the back of her head? A magic drink sensor that she installed on me without my knowledge? NO CLUE!), but when she told me that I would have nothing to stress about for the entire evening - she wasn't kidding. I wasn't even allowed to stress about getting my own drinks (let alone worry about anything else that could possibly have come up).

I could go on for hours about how much of a blessing and a joy it is to have Marvyl in your life, but for now - if you are looking for someone to make your special day - the planning AND the execution - go seamlessly, Team Wedding is absolutely who you want to call. Cannot recommend highly enough. Marvyl is an absolute gem.

P.S. She gave me an engagement mug that I still use (even though I am definitely no longer engaged).

Amanda · Married on 10/08/2017

If you are looking at this post you would be crazy not to hire Team Wedding! From start to finish Marvyl and her team were AMAZING!!!! They helped me do almost everything. She latched onto our vision and ran with it to impeccable results. Even though we were living in Philadelphia, PA and she was in TN she was able to provide constant communication and guidance! You will not only get an incredibly talented wedding planner in your process with Team Wedding but you will also get a great friend!
    Long story short, if you want the perfect wedding and wedding experience you MUST hire Team Wedding!

Kate · Married on 07/09/2017

I don't think there are even words I can use to describe Marvyl. When I first called her, she asked me what my wedding vision was. I laughed and told her my only wedding vision was for me to show up and have everything be perfect. She said that was totally normal, and we went to work just like that.

There are so many things about weddings that I just didn't know how to do or even that I needed to do them. Marvyl was always there to help me out with all of it. She set me up with some of the absolute best vendors who matched my style completely, and she did all of the legwork when it came to tracking them down. She also went whenever I had to meet with the vendors to make sure my point was being communicated correctly or even to help me piece together the most beautiful table settings I have ever seen.

Then, not only did she help me PLAN the best wedding ever, she also made sure it was executed flawlessly. The day of the ceremony, I spoke to her long enough to get some breakfast and mimosas from her, and then she and her amazing team went to work while my bridal party and family enjoyed taking our time getting ready. I had anticipated so much stress that day, but I literally had none. Zero. Everything was taken care of for me, and it was amazing.

So, yeah. She helped me plan and execute my dream wedding even though I didn't know what my dream wedding would look like when we first started.

• Krista

Krista · Married on 06/24/2017

I have had the pleasure of knowing Marvyl (the founder of Team Wedding) since were in high school. Even from a very young age, I knew that Marvyl would go on do something, well, marvelous in her future career. Team Wedding is it, guys.

One night, I was scrolling through Facebook and saw that Marvyl had posted an article about her own themed wedding. And let me tell you all, it was absolutely beautiful. I fell in love with all of the trinkets and minor details she put into her own wedding. Then, I saw that she was starting up her own business -- Team Wedding. I knew it was meant to be, and I knew that Marvyl was the only person who could bring my literary-themed wedding to life. I sent her a quick Facebook message, and from that first conversation, Marvyl was incredibly helpful and passionate about throwing me the literary wedding of my dreams.

Marvyl went ABOVE and BEYOND her call of duty. She answered all of my pestering messages for a YEAR. She met with me in person to nail down my vision. She helped me order invitations. She helped me select vendors and contacted them throughout the year for invoices. She went to McKay's, our local bookstore, several times a year to get free books for the decorations. She spent HOURS working on bookshelves, renting a U-Haul, and taking my checks to vendors when I had to work. During the days leading up to the event, she spent even more hours hanging book pages from the rafters in my venue, decorating each reception table with nick-knacks, flowers, and books. Oh, and she also created an AMAZING photo booth with an open-book paged backdrop and vintage couch.

I can't even begin to describe how much she worked on our wedding day. She was LITERALLY running around the venue to make sure our needs were met. I can't type much more, because I am about to hit the limit, but I could literally write about Team Wedding for days. Thank you SO MUCH for all of your hard work. Everyone is still talking about our wedding even weeks later!