Tappan Hill Mansion Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2016 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2014 Winner

Claire S. Married on 11/20/2021

Wedding of my dreams

When we started looking at wedding venues, my husband and I really had no idea where to start. We were located in a different country, and weren’t sure we would even be able to visit the venue before the wedding took place. Luckily we found Tappan Hill, and they had a date that perfectly matched our needs. Caitlin in the sales team was absolutely fantastic talking us through everything in the beginning, and explaining all the details. Since we live in a different country, we sent my parents on tours and included them on all calls, and Caitlin was wonderful about making sure they were always in the loop. She was also great at helping us navigate planning during a pandemic and making sure we felt comfortable every step of the way. When we met Jason who would be our coordinator, his calm demeanor assured us he would have everything under control. He answered all our questions, but where Tappan Hill really blew us away was the actual wedding. The entire day ran so smoothly, it was like a dream. Everyone always says something will go wrong on your wedding day, but Tappan Hill has everything down to a science. They have two separate ballrooms, but don’t worry, you won’t even realize there is another event going on! Everyone was so friendly, and I also can’t speak highly enough of Marleny the bridal attendant! She was incredibly attentive, and even got a box of leftovers from cocktail hour made up for my husband to take home! The food was absolutely incredible, and really exceeded our expectations (which were already high to begin with just from looking at the pictures!). I should also note we pulled heavily from their seasoned vendors list, and were equally impressed with everyone we hired off of it. We absolutely loved our wedding at Tappan Hill, and are already recommending it to all of our engaged friends.
  • Elisa
    Elisa Q. Married on 09/05/2021

Felt Like A Dream

We're obsessed with this venue and everything they had to offer us from the moment we walked in. Planning a wedding during a pandemic was a bit stressful but with Tappan Hill they eased us every step of the way and assured us everything would work out fine. Caitlin Lennox was our point person during the year we were planning all the details for our wedding and my god she was so organized! Caitlin answered all of our emails and texts whenever we had any questions making us feel like we were more than just another couple getting married at their venue. She treated us more like her friends and made the whole planning experience so much more pleasurable. No other venue treated us like she did when we toured other venues so it was an easy decision when we decided to get married at Tappan Hill.

The venue itself is super intimate, the natural lighting during cocktail hour/reception is stunning and the ceremony spot is everything!!. Even though our day was a bit grey our pictures came out amazing and still had a beautiful backdrop- Caitlin even got a couple cool gifs during our petal toss.

The food at this place is incredible not only does it tastes good but the presentation is spot on. Everything was delicious and so happy we were able to sneak away to have some time together in the couples suit to try some of our cocktail food which was out of this world. Everything was timed out to a T and Caitlin made sure we had enough time for 4 speeches/dances/eating and sparkler send off without feeling like the night was rushed.

Honestly there is not one thing I would say negative about this place and overall experience besides get married there and pray you get Caitlin Lennox as your go to person. This was honestly one of the best days of our lives and will never forget how amazing Tappan Hill and their staff made us feel
    Stephanie M. Married on 07/10/2021

Stunning venue with amazing food and staff

From moment we started looking at venues over two years ago, Tappan Hill Mansion blew my husband and I away. Even in the dead of winter we could see the potential of how beautiful the location for our outdoor ceremony would be and were impressed by the professionalism of the staff. We especially appreciated how easy and accommodating the Abigail Kirsch staff were in postponing our September 2020 wedding to July 2021 and helping to navigate through the ups and downs of covid restrictions leading up to our big day. The actual wedding completely exceeded our already high expectations. We had guests coming up to us all evening raving about the food, the beauty of the venue (especially the outdoor ceremony and cocktail hour space) and the staff. We could not have picked a more perfect venue for our Big Day and a huge shoutout to Andrea (our Day of Coordinator) who executed the event flawlessly!
  • Cassie
    Cassie P. Married on 04/09/2021

Professional and Friendly Staff, Great Food

We can't say enough good things about Tappan Hill. They truly know how to put on a great wedding and take care of a lot of the logistics and small details that less sophisticated venues leave for the couple to handle. Paul, the event manager, worked with us to create a menu and a timeline and he basically handled the rest letting us enjoy the wedding stress free. From the very first time we visited the venue we knew that we would be in good hands there. They anticipate your needs before you even realize it. All they care about is making sure you are taken care of and are having a good time.

Not only is the venue run like a well-oiled machine, but they look good doing it. TH Mansion is a breath-taking space. The ceremony takes place on a beautiful outdoor patio that has that "wow factor" we were looking for, and the cocktail hour and reception rooms are stunning as well. That ceiling with the twinkle lights is so romantic. Even with all that, what really stands out most about Tappan Hill is the food. Everything was absolutely fantastic and all anyone could talk about after the wedding. That's because TH gives all other wedding venues a run for their money by offering elegant, delicious, and creative food. When a standard venue serves bacon-wrapped scallops, TH serves smoked scallop sates with sesame ginger glaze. If we weren't so busy on the dance floor having the time of our lives, we just would have sat at our table all night stuffing our faces. We'd highly recommend!
    Sreya R. Married on 03/10/2020

The best venue to ever exist

I don't have enough room to talk about how amazing Caitlin, Marleny, the whole AK team, and Tappan Hill Mansion is - but, I'll give it a shot. My husband and I got married at Tappan Hill in Oct 2021, rescheduled from Oct 2020. From the very first day we toured the venue, to working with us through COVID to reschedule, to the couple months leading up to and the day of our wedding, Caitlin was an absolute pleasure to work with. She is prompt, responsive, helpful, thoughtful, SO GOOD AT HER JOB, and just amazing, period. Marleny was my bridal attendant the day of the wedding and just took care of not just me and my husband, but our families too. She was always there anticipating our next move and I genuinely don't know how she managed to be in so many places at once. I got so many compliments on not only the food (duh), but even the service that the waiters provided! I can't remember ever going to a wedding and complimenting the waiter and multiple people came up to me and told me how amazing theirs was.

Long story short, don't hesitate to hire AK (lucky you if you get Caitlin :)) - they were so understanding during COVID, and they ultimately made our day just perfect through and through. I'm so thankful we chose them to work with!
  • Siobhan
    Siobhan Married on 02/29/2020

Fantastic Experience!!

My husband and I had the best experience with Tappan Hill Mansion from beginning to end. The staff was amazing and Eddie (our event manager) for our wedding reception was incredible. Eddie is very professional and knowledgeable when it comes to thinking about everything that needs to be included in a perfect wedding reception.

The venue is gorgeous and the amount and quality of food you get for the package is better than any other venue that my husband and I looked at before picking Tappan Hill. Even though the venue is a large estate, our reception still had an intimate feel which was what my wife and I envisioned. There is so. much. food. but it's top notch quality and has been talked constantly about by our guests for the past week.

We love Tappan Hill and the entire staff and will suggest the venue over and over to anyone getting married or looking to throw an event.
  • Z
    Zoe F. Married on 02/09/2020

The best wedding venue around!

Our wedding was the most sacred and special day thanks to this venue. Paul, our coordinator, took care of every single detail, and was always available! The space is beautiful- right on the Hudson, with glorious outdoor photo opportunities. The party was epic- guests are still talking about the food and accommodating service. I cannot thank Paul and everyone at Tappan Hill enough for their hard work and responsiveness and for executing flawlessly, leaving us completely calm and able to focus on just enjoying the day.
  • Megan
    Megan Married on 11/03/2019

DREAM venue and experience!

I don't even know where to begin in describing the experience my husband and I had at Tappan Hill. Not only is this venue absolutely stunning, but the professionalism of the staff from start to finish was on another level. We knew we were in the best hands from day one when working with Melissa in sales. She is absolutely fantastic, so responsive, accommodating, and kind. We loved working with her as we started the wedding planning process and she made everything so easy for us. We then worked with Paul as our events manager and cannot sing his praises loudly enough! Paul was WONDERFUL! He responded immediately to our nonstop emails and questions, accommodated our every ask and then some, and did it all with a huge smile and wonderful attitude. The last month before our wedding was pretty stressful! And Paul made it FUN! He was so trust-worthy and helped us (me) calm down a bit. And this doesn't even cover the wedding day. Paul truly came through with flying colors. Every tiny detail and step in the day was handled flawlessly. We didn't even have to bat an eye or ask a thing - Paul was 10 steps ahead of us and took care of EVERYTHING! You name it, Paul already had it covered. From being there to pull our chairs out any time we sat down to cleaning up the bridal suite, organizing all of our personal items, bringing us dinner and drinks, to adjusting the temperature of the room, it was the most seamlessly executed evening - and so many people noticed and commented. Thank you Paul! Next: the food. Abigail Kirsch catering did not disappoint. We had a huge amount of guests tell us it was the best wedding food they've ever had. We did station-style vegetarian food, and no one even missed meat - this food was THAT good! They also breezed through accommodating our other dietary restrictions and were beyond helpful. Finally, we invited close to 280 guests to our wedding and ended up with around 215 and never once did we worry about the space feeling too tight. The layout was configured perfectly and Paul knew exactly how to place the larger tables vs smaller tables to keep the flow of the room at its best. Choosing this venue was the best wedding planning decision we could have made and I wish we could do it all over again.
    Jennifer F. Married on 10/27/2019

Flawless elegance

Abigail Kirsch at Tappan Hill Mansion deserves a 12 out of 10. We had our wedding there on October 27, 2019 and the entire experience was outstanding. From the start when we toured the venue with Caitlin Lennox, we were entranced by the beauty of the venue and staff’s hospitality. We were blown away with the tour experience. After we booked, it only got better from there. The staff was responsive to all our questions regardless of how often we emailed. Our tasting was an incredible date night for my husband and I. It was so much fun and built our confidence in the food, staff, and overall experience at Tappan Hill. Approximately five weeks prior to our event, Paul Richards was assigned to our event as our wedding coordinator and there are not enough words to express how much we enjoyed working with him. He was kind, reassuring, dedicated, and meticulous in his planning. Plus, his energy is contagious! Paul made it easy to put our wedding in his hands. We were able to enjoy the day and truly have a wonderful stress free experience. We absolutely loved Tappan Hill! There is no comparison. If you have your wedding anywhere else you are a fool.
    Danielle S. Married on 10/19/2019

Gorgeous venue, delicious food, reliable staff .. everything about Tappan Hill is a dream!!

Let me assure you .. Tappan Hill Mansion is THE place to have your wedding. The staff, the venue, the location, the food .. everything about this place is spot-on perfect. From my first interaction with Caitlin (the NICEST sales manager) to the night-of details with Paul (the MOST organized wedding coordinator), they had our best interest at heart and made our day special beyond words. Our guests continue to compliment us on “the best wedding ever” and so much of that is because of Tappan Hill. They are a well seasoned venue that knows how to do weddings right! I could literally talk about this place for hours on end, but I’ll keep it short .. look no further and book your wedding here! You will not be disappointed.
    Rebecca Married on 10/19/2019

Best Venue

We are so happy that we decided to have our wedding in the Hudson Room at Tappan Hill. From the very first meeting with Caitlin we knew we were in great hands and we would have the wedding of our dreams. We also had Eddie as our wedding director and I can not express how grateful we are. He went above and beyond on so many aspects of our day. The venue was gorgeous, the food was incredible, and everyone that works at Tappan Hill is amazing.
  • Kate
    Kate H. Married on 10/19/2019

Stress-Free, Amazing Wedding Experience

I am so impressed by the experience I had with Abigail Kirsh at Tappan Hill Mansion. I'm not one to usually write reviews, but Sara, Caitlin, and especially Paul Richards went above and beyond to make our wedding so memorable and amazing. I'm generally a very anxious person, especially with planning, but honestly I felt no worries with this process because every little detail was taken care of and addressed by the Abigail Kirsh team. Any concerns I had pre-wedding were addressed immediately. During the wedding, any time I needed something it's like Paul knew and just appeared out of nowhere to help. I am seriously blown away with how smoothly everything went. Even at the end of the night, all of our things were carefully packed up ,.ready to go, and waiting for us before we even had a chance to ask. If you're on the fence between Tappan Hill and somewhere else, I wholeheartedly 100% suggest you go with Tappan Hill. You won't regret it, I promise.
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer Married on 10/05/2019

Amazing!

Truly such an amazing wedding venue with an even more amazing team! Our wedding could not have gone better. We had the honor of working with Melisa Weiss initially who was fantastic. She was friendly, engaging, approachable & warm. We definitely e-mailed her quite a bit those first few months after booking the venue and she always got back to us right away. She gave excellent advice and answered our questions promptly and genuinely. She was wonderful. We then had the pleasure of working with Paul Richards as our day of coordinator and he was fantastic. He truly made the wedding day perfect. We felt no stress on the actual day and we know he is to thank for that. He anticipated our every need before we had to ask and was warm and kind to us and our loved ones. I swear he anticipated me sitting down and had my chair pushed out to accommodate my rather big ball gown every time I went back to my table! He was marvelous and the staff was amazing. They were friendly and super efficient. The food was outstanding and to this day our friends and family can't stop talking about how it was the best wedding they've been to. What a fantastic memory. Thanks Tappan Hill and all of your amazing staff- we wouldn't' change a thing!
  • Wyamone
    Wyamone W. Married on 10/04/2019

Tappen hill

I would highly recommend getting married at Tappen hill!! It’s such beautiful place!!
    -Wyamone
  • Tara
    Tara Married on 09/27/2019

Best venue and service we could have hoped for

We had the night of our dreams at Tappan Hill Mansion. Everything was perfect from the coordination by Eddie to the food night of. It was seamless and i knew i didn't have to worry about anything while i was there. People are still raving about the food and the overall service. We couldn't be happier!
  • LaurenAOK
    Lauren Married on 09/14/2019

Everything was perfect!

We are absolutely thrilled that we chose Tappan Hill Mansion for our wedding venue! From the very first moment we walked into the gorgeous rotunda we felt it was a magical place. We had our ceremony on-site in the Hudson Chapel (the beautiful garden outside) and our reception in the Hudson Ballroom, which is the smaller of their two rooms as we had under 100 guests. Our event manager, Paul, was an absolute joy to work with and eased every worry I had during the planning process. We felt at ease knowing that he was 100% on top of everything. The event itself was beyond beautiful and amazing. Everything went smoothly and not one single thing went wrong (that we know of!) Paul and his team made sure we were taken care of all night (and also made sure we got to eat, which I hear doesn't always happen at weddings). We could not have asked for a more perfect wedding day, and a huge part of that is thanks to Paul and Tappan Hill!
  • Ashley
    Ashley Married on 08/30/2019

First impressions

I could not have asked for a better first venue visit experience than with Melissa at Tappan Hill. Completely not knowing what to expect she provided me with a lot of information and lowered my angst. Although we did not end up going with Tappan Hill I kno if we had we would not have been disappointed. They really try to make you fee comfortable :)
  • Chris
    Chris Married on 08/30/2019

Great Experience!

The food is exceptional, the venue is beautiful, and the service was perfect. The planning process was great too - my wife and I had no trouble adding the personal touches and custom details we wanted, and our Event Coordinator, Eddie Z, was extremely helpful in guiding us the whole way and making everything run smoothly. We knew they'd be good, and they still exceeded expectations.
  • W
    Warren Married on 04/13/2019

Tappan Hill is amazing! Recommend Recommend Recommend!

We just had our wedding at Tappan Hill Mansion earlier this month. It was everything we wanted and more. People who were picky eaters were complimenting the food and venue! Amazing.. really! Paul was our day of coordinator, Jessie was the bridal valet and Caitlin helped with all the business end work ahead of the special day. Everyone was amazing. Paul held our hand the weeks leading up to the event and was available via email literally all the time. He followed up and contacted all our vendors so that we didn't have to do anything. He encouraged us to just enjoy our day and he did all the magic in the background. We were running late on speeches and I had a small holy crap moment when I realized our timeline was off by an hour but he had already talked to the band, photographers and videographers and told them to go take an early dinner so we could take our time greeting guests etc and switched the timeline seamlessly so that no guest even noticed. Honestly, food was amazing, Paul was amazing, venue was beautiful.. couldn't have asked for a more perfect day!
  • Jill
    Jill L. Married on 03/16/2019

Cannot say enough wonderful things!

We really struggled to find a wedding venue, and after looking at about 20 places, someone recommended Tappan Hill. From the moment we drove up the beautiful stone mansion, I was totally in love. The mansion has so much character and beauty: the stained glass windows in the front, the stone walls, the fireplaces, the gorgeous rotunda you enter into, the views of the water. In addition to the aesthetics, anyone familiar with catering knows the name Abigail Kirsch, and with good reason. The food options are as beautiful and inventive on the plate as they are delicious. Ed was our event manager and we truly cannot say enough good things about him. From the moment we met with him, we knew that our affair would run smoothly. There is not one detail that Ed doesn't think of. He always answered emails quickly and efficiently, and never once made us feel annoying with our seemingly endless amounts of questions. He alleviated any and all stress, kept everything running on time, connected and coordinated with all of our vendors, and so much more! The fact that our wedding ran so beautifully and smoothly is without a doubt because of him and the amazing service from Abigail Kirsch under his leadership.
    Megan F. Married on 12/01/2018

Perfection in a Wedding Venue!

We had our wedding at Tappan Hill in December of 2018. It was magical from start to finish. Tappan Hill was the perfect venue for us.

The food and the service was epic. We booked it 10 months out, and all email and phone correspondence was quick, professional, and helpful. They made us feel like we extremely special and not just another couple getting married. And the food lives up to it's reputation. It was delicious. And my husband and his family are vegetarians, and they all loved it too.

Our event manager was Ed Steinberg, who we couldn't possibly say enough positive things about. He put us so at ease. He was attentive to our every request. He is personable, charming, and professional. All of the vendors loved him as well! He was honestly just the best. Couldn't have asked any more from him.

Overall Tappan Hill is a superb venue. We have no complaints. Hopefully one of our friends books it too so we can go back as guests!
    Suzanne Married on 09/01/2018
    We just had our wedding at Tappan Hill Mansion (Abigail Kirsch caterer) on September 1, 2018 and we were extremely THRILLED and SATISFIED with our experience throughout the entire wedding planning process! When we first went to look at venues, we went to see a lot of places around Westchester and the Hudson Valley. Tappan Hill Mansion hit all the right marks and the Tarrytown location was perfect. I communicated with Caitlin and Sara in the beginning for some questions and they always responded in a timely manner and were extremely helpful. Our day-of-wedding coordinator/event manager, Ed Steinberg, was extremely professional and offered advice to a lot of our questions around the clock and responded very timely via phone and email in the weeks leading up to the wedding. Ed made sure everything was on time the day of the wedding, and he was not afraid to speak up if needed! He made sure we were happy throughout the entire wedding, which we were! Our guests absolutely LOVED all the food and the service was impeccable! I heard from many guests that the servers helped them out if needed, and checked in if someone needed physical assistance or a special kid's meal. Regarding the space at Tappan Hill, we had a 100 person wedding in the Hudson room spaces. Our ceremony was outdoors in the Hudson gardens, the cocktail hour on the upper floor suite overlooking the Hudson River, and the reception indoors in the Hudson room. We were initially a little nervous that the smaller spaces weren't as dramatic as the Pavilion room spaces (as the Pavilion space required larger minimum # of people)....however, our photos all came out incredible! And our 10 piece band fit in the Hudson Room with no problem and we had 11 tables! We had guests raving for days on end, about what an amazing wedding we had at Tappan Hill!
  • Samantha
    Samantha S. Married on 07/27/2018

BEST Wedding Venue!

This was absolutely the most perfect venue for our wedding! As soon as I walked in for my initial meeting, I knew this would be the place. Right from the start, everyone I interacted with was professional and accommodating to our every request. Our event manager, Ed, was superb! He really made everything run smoothly and it was such a pleasure to work with him throughout the entire planning process. Tappan Hill Mansion is fabulous in every way--the service, the food, the staff, everything! It was absolutely the best!
    Ruthie Married on 06/24/2018
    We feel so lucky to have celebrated our wedding at Tappan Hill! Both the inside and outside are extraordinarily beautiful (incredible view of the Hudson, stunning landscape, elegant, yet not too opulent or fancy). Right from the start, they made us feel like we did not need to worry about a thing. We actually had a kosher wedding and did not use Abigail Kirsch, but Tappan Hill was so accommodating and gracious about working with us and our caterer to make us feel welcome and comfortable. We cannot say enough about Paul, our day-of coordinator assigned by Tappan Hill; he made sure everything ran smoothly, built in buffer time on the day of to allow for any mishaps, stayed optimistic about the weather even as a massive rainstorm rolled in (sure enough, the storm passed and we were able to have our ceremony outside!), was unbelievably communicative and responsive before, during, and after the wedding, and really allowed us and our families to relax and enjoy the whole day. The bridal attendants were also fantastic--you know how they say you never get to eat at your own wedding? Thanks to the bridal attendants, we were extremely well-fed and well-hydrated! Thank you, Tappan Hill, for making an already amazing day just absolutely perfect!
    Shirley Married on 05/25/2018
    We got married this May at the Pavilion room at Tappan Hill and had a beautiful outdoor ceremony. The whole wedding was amazing and everything went perfectly thanks to Ed. It was so clear that Ed has a passion for weddings and he was so helpful every step of the way. He helped me with no hesitation with everything I asked for (including setting up decorations and the place card table and putting individual menus and gifts at each table setting). Ed also provided great advice to help us as we were thinking through the menu and the wedding logistics. We had gorgeous weather that day but Ed thought of everything. He made sure to set up both an outdoor and indoor ceremony in the off chance that there would be rain. From the initial planning stage, he was extremely detailed and helpful. He thought about every possible thing that could go wrong and had a plan on how to prevent it. He also was great at helping you get the most value for the wedding. We had set up a special gin and tonic bar and he let us bring extra gins to supplement the open bar without any corkage fees. A few days before the wedding, he called me to let me know that the wedding after mine would be installing lights in the ceiling and that the florists could do it for free for my wedding. I had already paid for the lights but was able to call my florists and get a refund for my order. Because of Ed, I was able to save several hundred dollars. At the end of the wedding, ed offered to drive a few of my guests who were left behind to their hotel which was extremely kind of him. The venue itself is spectacular and really beautiful. The food was amazing and was restaurant quality. All my guests raved about the food and the service and said it was the best wedding food they have ever had. My only regret is forgetting to ask Ed to box up my food as I didn’t have much time to eat. At the end of the wedding, ed had already cleaned up my room for me and packed all my belongings and gifts so that I could take every