Tapawingo National Golf Club & Banquet Facility Reviews

81 | Saint Louis, MO

81 Reviews for Tapawingo National Golf Club & Banquet Facility

• Caitlyn

Caitlyn Shearman · Married on 09/09/2020

Can't beat the price and quality

I don't have words for how amazing our reception was at Tapawingo. The decorations by Jill were so amazing, and she went above and beyond to make my vision come true.
    Chris, the coordinator, was so relaxed and made my priorities his priorities. He was willing to do whatever we needed to make our night amazing. During the reception he checked in with us a few times (without being a burden) to make sure we didn't need anything, and he also checked in with my parents to help with anything they needed. Throughout the entire process, Chris absolutely made our night so much less stressful.
    On top of all of this amazing service, the PRICE of Tapawingo cannot be beat. Our reception looked like it cost a fortune, when it absolutely did not.
    The location is great for beautiful photos on the course, or at Laumeier Sculpture Park, which is just a mile away.
    If you're looking for a reception that is spectacular without the high prices of being in Downtown STL, please book Tapawingo!!

Sent on 10/26/2019
  • Cathy

Cathy Carney Pytlinski · Married on 06/19/2020

I was a guest

I was a guest at my nieces wedding 5 stars across the board, I want my son to have his reception here awesome.

Sent on 08/23/2019
  • Lauren

Lauren Billen · Married on 11/05/2019

If you're considering Tapawingo- Just do it!!

We had our reception at Tapawingo two weeks ago and it was honestly perfect! If I could give Tapawingo more than a 5 star I would! Chris and Jill made planning my wedding reception not only easy, but fun. I loved that I could get everything done at the venue- food, drinks, photo booth and decor all in one place which makes planning hassle free. Jill worked with me to create the perfect look I was going for and she nailed it! The table cloths, center pieces candles, were exactly what I wanted! I got so many compliments on our reception! Guests said it was the best food, and open bar they have ever had at a wedding- everyone loved having the late night pizzas too!
    If you are considering Tapawingo for your wedding, I highly recommend it- you won't regret it! Thank you Tapawingo for all your hard work and for making my reception everything I could have hoped for, and memories that will last a lifetime!

Sent on 05/25/2019

Monica Berner · Married on 10/19/2019

Chris and the Tapawingo event staff made wedding planning stress free and fun! They go above and beyond to ensure your wants and needs are catered to.

I would recommend Tapawingo to anyone! Our wedding reception was beautiful, and the staff was incredible!

Sent on 10/24/2019
  • Mariah

Mariah Senter · Married on 06/15/2019

Chris and his team at Tapawingo we’re AMAZING! Very helpful and very professional. Reasonably priced, amazing food and very reasonably priced. The place was absolutely beautiful and so easy to dress up and make your own! I can’t say enough great things about my special day—but I couldn’t have done it without their help. They were so flexible and easy to work with! Very hospitable during every meeting that we had. They hold tastings every three months and that was the most help I ever received into making me feel at ease that my day would go smoothly. The price included food, drinks and set up! They make you go with their caterer Joe Boccardi’s, but I wouldn’t have it any other way. We continue to get compliments from our guests about the venue and so much praise on their food. FANTASTIC JOB!

Sent on 06/17/2019

Amy Burton · Married on 05/04/2019

Amazing wedding venue and host!

Everything about this venue and having Chris helping us was absolutely perfect! Above and beyond satisfaction!

Sent on 05/06/2019

Kelly Pettibone · Married on 04/27/2019

Best Wedding Reception Location in St. Louis!

We are so happy we chose Tapawingo for our reception! Working with Chris was incredibly easy throughout the whole process. He answered all of our questions and quickly offered solutions to anything we were worried about. The day of the event was amazing! When we arrived there were carts waiting for us to go out on the course with the photographers. The course itself was beautiful and allowed for some amazing photos! The food was incredible and is still being highly talked about! We can’t thank Tapawingo enough for doing such a wonderful job and making our wedding night the best!

Sent on 05/07/2019
  • Shannon

Shannon Winkle · Married on 04/13/2019

Our best day ever

We had the most wonderful experience getting married at Tapawingo. Chris W was so helpful from beginning to the end along with the staff! Any question I had Chris was on it all the tastings we were able to attend made it so wonderfully easy to choose our food options and let me tell you so many people came up to not only tell us how amazing everything was but also how good the food was. Best decision we made getting married at Tapawingo our day was perfect!

Sent on 04/18/2019

Janet · Married on 04/09/2019

It was a perfect day. No complaints

The day ran smoothly & food was excellent thanks to Chris who was always there to answer questions & give helpful advice. We received so many compliments how beautiful the venue & how good the food was. So happy we picked tapawingo!

Sent on 04/17/2019

Jamie · Married on 04/06/2019

Perfect Venue

Chris and Jill were great! They were super flexible with everything. Everything turned out exactly as we wanted and every one said they had a blast! The venue is beautiful and the food is fantastic!

Sent on 03/25/2019

Emily · Married on 12/15/2018

Beautiful venue

Tapawingo couldn’t have been better. Not only do they have amazing food but they level of professionalism is great! They kept things running smoothly and the decorations were beautiful. They allowed us to bring things we wanted and allowed us to use there decorations as well and make it our own!

Sent on 12/29/2018

Emma · Married on 10/20/2018

Stress free!

Everyone at Tapawingo was so helpful and easy to get a hold of! Chris was quick to respond and made sure everything we wanted, happened. The venue is incredible and the food is amazing! All very reasonably priced. Our guests said it was one of the best receptions they had ever been to! Thank you Tapawingo for an amazing reception.

Sent on 07/01/2019

Katie · Married on 09/22/2018

Everything about the venue was amazing. Chris was so wonderful to work with. I’d recommend this venue to anyone looking for a reception venue that won’t stress you out while planning!

Sent on 10/08/2018

Maura · Married on 09/02/2018

Tapawingo was the absolute best for our ceremony and reception. We would give 6 stars if we could. Chris is amazing. He was quick to respond when we had questions and he was so easy to work with from the time he showed us the venue until our wedding was over. He was so helpful and calm the whole time, which made our wedding planning so smooth and stress-free. The ceremony and reception were absolutely beautiful! The golf course was a beautiful backdrop for our ceremony and for pictures. The food was delicious. We had so many compliments from our guests about the venue and the food. We would highly recommend Tapawingo for your wedding. The pricing was very reasonable and everything worked out perfectly.

Sent on 09/15/2018

Tapawingo National Golf Club & Banquet Facility's reply:

Thank you so much Maura for the kind words! You and Robyn were amazing to work with. We wish you all of the happiness in the world! Thank you for letting us be a part of your special day!

Kathy · Married on 09/01/2018

Choosing to have my wedding at Tapawingo was the best choice I could have made. From the first visit/tour , Chris Whitrock was extremely knowledgeable, responsive, accommodating, offered guidance and made us feel comfortable and eager to get married at this venue.
    I honestly feel as if Tapawingo treated me and my husband as they would treat a couple spending 3 Million dollars on their wedding.
    The food was amazing, the service was impeccable, the view was gorgeous and perfect for wedding photo back drops. I would recommend anyone having searching for venues to stop at Tapawingo and take a look. I want to thank the entire Tapawingo team (especially Chris Whitrock) for making the most important day of my life seamless and perfect!

Sent on 09/23/2018

Cat · Married on 08/04/2018

We couldn’t be happier with the service we received for our wedding. Chris was amazing and we wish we could do it all over again!

Sent on 08/13/2018

Jenny · Married on 07/21/2018

Everything was perfect! The only thing I was a little sad about but didn’t find out about until the next day was that one of our vegetarian plates was never served. We had one vegan and two vegetarians. My bridesmaid who was a vegan was sooo very happy with the meal you all prepared and said it was the best vegan meal she had ever had at a wedding! I would definitely pick your venue in a heartbeat if I had to do it all over again. Thank you for everything!

Sent on 03/16/2018

CINDY · Married on 07/07/2018

Beautiful place to have a wedding reception. Main room with a wall of windows overlooking the golf course, bar area as well as the serving line for the buffet and the use of a outdoor patio. All of the servers were very friendly and willing to help. I would highly recommend. Chris the manager was also very helpful and made everything run smooth.

Sent on 07/09/2018

Kim · Married on 06/30/2018

Tapawingo was the perfect venue for our wedding! Chris was quick to respond to all of our questions during the planning process. He was very accommodating to us from start to finish. We received numerous compliments about the venue - from the beautiful set-up to the delicious food. The staff was attentive the whole time we were there. We can't wait to see our professional pictures that were taken on the gorgeous golf course.

Sent on 07/02/2018

Mary · Married on 06/30/2018

Outstanding in every respect! The setting is absolutely beautiful and perfect for outdoor pictures. Inside, the ambiance is very upscale and feels more intimate than most banquet settings. Food and beverages were absolutely delicious! The staff was superb. We loved working with Chris. He was friendly, responsive to our needs and questions, and made us feel comfortable. Covered chairs and bows definitely added elegance, and we provided our own centerpieces. Pricing is reasonable for the quality of the experience. Highly recommend! MOB

Sent on 07/17/2018

Rebecca · Married on 06/16/2018

The venue was perfect! The food was amazing and the ceremony and reception were gorgeous. My guests loved that they could dance and party but also had a quiet place to catch their breath by the bar.

Sent on 06/30/2018

Ashley · Married on 06/09/2018

Chris and everyone at Tapawingo was amazing. They were flexible, and truly went above and beyond to make everything go well. We were planning the wedding from out of town and Chris was incredibly accommodating. The space was beautiful and I wouldn't have changed a thing!

Sent on 06/11/2018

Nicole · Married on 05/05/2018

We could not have had a better venue. Tapawingo is not only amazingly priced for excellent food, drink and beautiful view, but the staff helped make our day perfect.

Sent on 07/17/2018

Kathleen · Married on 04/14/2018

I honestly can’t say enough wonderful things about Tapawingo and their staff!! They were extremely accommodating, organized, and well-equipped to meet all of our needs and make our wedding day perfect. Chris, the event director, was always easy to reach and keeps everything during the planning process on track. I felt completely stress free knowing he was there to keep things running smoothly- and he did! During the wedding I was complimented over and over again from guests about how amazing the food was, “best they’ve ever had”!! The venue is spectacular and you won't meet a group of people more genuinely excited for your big day! I would highly recommend Tapawingo, and I would give them more then 5 stars if possible!

Sent on 08/04/2018

Amber · Married on 12/31/2017

Tapawingo is an amazing place to have a wedding ceremony and reception! Chris Whitrock is so easy to work with, and very helpful! The customer service, food, and 5 hour bar package are all top notch! It’s difficult to find a venue with all of those amazing qualities for such a competitive price in the Saint Louis area. Tapawingo is beautiful, and we have heard nothing but positive reviews about our wedding and the food from our guests! Have your wedding here, you won’t be disappointed!

Sent on 01/07/2018