Tannenbaum Reviews

33 | Reno, NV

33 Reviews for Tannenbaum

Tim Murray · Married on 08/19/2019

Beautiful, flexible venue and fantastic food

When we started our search for a wedding venue, we were not expecting to fall in love with Tannenbaum - but were so happy we chose to have our wedding reception there! Our guests were blown away by the stunning view, and the lawn, deck, and interior gave us plenty of space to build a memorable experience for our guests. Christy was fantastic to work with, excitedly joining in with our planner to brainstorm ideas and offered up a surprising amount of furniture and accessories all included. She was open for anything, even running with our plan to build out a retro arcade room inside as an after dinner surprise for our guests!

Beyond the great venue, we loved working with Tannenbaum's food vendor, Roundabout Catering, for our food selection. Our guests raved about the food being some of the best they've had at a wedding. We highly recommend the sushi, tandoori, and s'mores food stations; our guests loved them! We also adored the bartender that Christy lined up for us. He blew our guests away with his skill and attention to detail, preparing custom craft cocktails to fit their personal tastes which was perfect for our prohibition era theme for the first half of our reception.

We'd highly recommend Tannenbaum and Roundabout for any wedding near Tahoe or Reno!

Sent on 09/10/2019

Marlene · Married on 02/14/2019

When my husband and I decided we were going to get married, we knew that we didn't want to get married in a casino or a church. So in saying that, we actually had a hard time finding a place. We didn't really want to get married in Tahoe because we had at least 100 people we were inviting and Tahoe was actually pretty pricey. So when I found the Tannenbaum, I was ecstatic. It wasn't Tahoe and it wasn't a casino. You could have your ceremony outdoors or indoors and it had a huge reception area. It holds up to 250 people. It also had a Bridal suite and a Grooms area with a pool table. The biggest thing for me was that they included Basic linens (Black, White and Ivory), tables and chairs. They did complete set up and break down. The cost was reasonable to rent the place. They let you have outside vendors come in. The rental times are for 10 hrs and they never have 2 weddings in the same day! The girls who work at the Tannenbaum were extremely helpful especially on the wedding day. They can help you find vendors. The also offer you day of coordination. They have it all. Check it out!

Sent on 06/28/2012

Cassie · Married on 10/15/2018

Immaculate

The venue was picturesque and the photos are remarkable to remember your day. The staff was super responsive, very meticulous, and absolutely understanding of the needs of my partner and I. The food was INSANELY delicious. I have zero regrets and think this was the absolute best place for my marriage to start.

Sent on 01/10/2019

Tannenbaum's reply:

Thank you so much Cassie, we LOVED hosting you two. Your wedding was absolutely beautiful, and we feel so lucky that we could be a part of it!

Ally · Married on 08/04/2018

The tannenbaum is absolutely gorgeous and makes wedding planning extremely easy! I only had to pick the DJ, cake, Photograghers, videographer, and flowers. They pretty much provided the decorations, food, alcohol, plates, linens, chairs, set up as well as take down of decorations. They made things extremely easy for a busy bride and at a very reasonable price. I would definitely recommend this venue for weddings and any other events. It is absolutely gorgeous and spacious. I could not be happier! Julie was so amazing! She knows exactly what to do and she is so helpful with providing pricing and even info on other vendors. My wedding was so much fun! Everything turned out perfect and I am an extremely happy bride! The Tannenbaum is literally like a fairy tail, I don’t think there is a better place for a wedding. The staff is amazing! They are so helpful and kind! You will not find a better place for a wedding, this is it, this is the place!

Sent on 08/16/2018

Mitzi · Married on 05/26/2017

Wow, what a beautiful setting to get married at! Absolutely loved everything about Tannenbaum. We had an outdoor ceremony, which was perfect with the view of the valley in the background, the mountains, and the forest. Great for taking pictures! Inside the venue, where the reception was, is also very beautiful. It has a quaint, rustic feel with big trusses, a fireplace, ceiling lights, and giant windows to enjoy the view. There are Bride and Groom suites downstairs to get ready in, which was convenient and a blast. Also, Claire and Julie are absolutely amazing! They do everything they can to make sure you have a perfect day. They were always available, and very accommodating. Claire even met me down in Reno on short notice to make sure I had the perfect table linens. I didn't have a coordinator or planner (besides myself), which I was nervous about at first, but Claire and Julie made sure everything ran smoothly. Such a great place to get married!!

Sent on 06/06/2017

Danyelle · Married on 02/19/2017

I was so incredibly happy that we picked Tannenbaum as our wedding venue. Julie was absolutely amazing to work with! She provided us with a pdf of vendors around the Reno area of which she recommends which made it very easy to pick vendors and made things run very smooth (especially since I had an extremely busy schedule). The Tannenbaum itself is a beautiful venue and if you are like me and wanted a simple wedding, it has enough rustic beauty that you really don't need a lot of extra stuff to jazz it up. We had a February wedding which was really nerve-wracking for everyone because Reno had like a "weather apocalypse" for which I was a little worried we would not be able to make it up to the venue. Julie was amazing and very understanding when I emailed her with my concerns. Our wedding ended up being beautiful and I would definitely choose Tannebaum for a wedding venue.

Sent on 03/01/2017

Leticia · Married on 10/09/2016

Perfect Place for our fall wedding!!!

My now husband is from Southern California and I am from Oregon so to prevent either family from feeling left out we chose to have our wedding at a somewhat midpoint for the families. Tannenbaum was the Perfect choice!!
    Tannenbaum Event Center is beautiful and intimate and affordable!! And both Julie and Claire were amazing! Since we were on a budget and planning a destination wedding we did everything via email and phone and while it was a bit terrifying during the planning phase, they always responded promptly and everything was perfectly in place for our wedding. I wouldn't choose anywhere else!

Sent on 10/23/2016

The Tannenbaum is gorgeous and the staff was wonderful. Our meetings were so easy and the event went perfectly! The venue was awesome for the day of too. Having a groomsmen suite and a seperate space for the girls to get ready was awesome. I would HIGHLY recommend holding your event at the Tannenbaum.

Sent on 02/28/2016

Taylor · Married on 10/17/2015

The Tannenbaum was an excellent venue for our wedding! We really loved the outside ceremony, walking into an inside reception with ease for all of our guests! Not to mention that it is beautiful with plenty of parking for guests! Julie was amazing and made sure all of our needs were met!

Sent on 11/14/2015

Nicole · Married on 07/17/2015

I am a planner! I like to have everything planned out well in advanced, I got engaged in Feb of 2014 our wedding wasnt until July 2015. I contacted Julie at the Tannenbaum end of Feb and she set up a time for us to come and look at the place. We fell in love with it and Julie, she was super helpful, as this was something super new for me and my now husband. She suggested things to do and what not to do but in a way that made us leave the Tannenbaum that day and said this is the place and she is the lady to help us get through our big day. Like I said I am a planner I think I emailed Julie over 50 times over the year with question after question. She got back to me same day and if not next morning! Had her own insight as she has done quite a few wedding that made our day the perfect day for us! It was the best day thanks to her and her staff!! This is the place to get married for sure!!!!

Sent on 07/22/2015

Jamie · Married on 07/11/2015

We had our wedding on July 11, 2015 and choosing Tannenbaum was THE BEST decision we made. Not only is the location beautiful (we got so many compliments and our guests thought we paid far more than we did for our wedding because it is so gorgeous), but Julie and her staff are so extremely helpful that it made wedding planning a breeze! I was not stressed out about anything during the process and a huge part of that was a result of this venue being so easy to work with. Even when I had concerns about a photo booth and where to put it during the reception, Julie took it upon herself to call the company we had hired and work out the details with them so I wouldn't have to e-mail back and forth between the two of them. I didn't even have to ask her to do this, she just did! In the month before the wedding, I also sat down with Julie and she made sure to go over every detail and even helped me with small details that I knew nothing about. The day of coordinator was awesome as well. She was super helpful and made sure everyone was where they needed to be when they needed to be there. I wish i could get married there every day!

Sent on 10/17/2015
  • User5208594 · 2+ years ago

My wedding was at the Tannenbaum. I couldn't have asked for a better experience. During the planning process, the staff was more than helpful on provide answers to my questions. They were helping in making recommendations on who to hire around town for DJ, flowers, etc. One the wedding day, the staff set up everything for me. I dropped of all my decor on the rehearsal and on the day of everything was in place. When the cake and cupcakes arrived, the staff set this up as well. Everything was beautiful, and everyone was more than willing to help in anyway to make my day perfect. I would definitely recommend this place for any event.

Sent on 06/26/2015

Courtney · Married on 03/07/2015

My daughter just had her wedding at Tannanbaum this past weekend. It was a long search for the perfect place. When we met with Julie the bride and groom decided this was the place. She was so helpful and accommodating. They felt so at home there. Everywhere else we looked you felt like a number and the wedding was to be hurry and get out. She was there for us every step of the way right up to the I Do's.

Tannanbaum is a beautiful spot for a wedding. The room is large with a kitchen attached, big entry, lovely back lawn area, a deck and a wonderful fireplace and the best views.

We had hoped for a bit of snow for this winter wedding and we got it. So magical!

Thank you Julie for everything!

Sent on 03/04/2015

Alison · Married on 01/02/2015

This place is pure perfection! I grew up in Truckee and always imagined getting married on the lake, but realized quickly that that was way out of my budget. The Tannenbaum was one of my last choices (I hadn't been there in over 10 years). After talking to Julie, I set up an appointment and saw the venue. I was shocked! She has made so many improvements...it looks like a completely different place. I immediately knew that the Tannenbaum is where I wanted my dream wedding to take place. Julie was sweet and helpful from day one. She went above and beyond expectations and was quick to respond to my many questions. All of her hard work showed on my wedding day. It was more perfect than I ever imagined. I HIGHLY recommend the Tannenbaum. Not only is the view spectacular, and the venue stunning, but Julie is such a kindhearted and helpful person. I felt comfortable working with her from day one. My big day could not have been more perfect. P.S. if you get married here, talk to Julie about renting white carpet...100% worth it!

Sent on 01/08/2015

Kristin · Married on 08/02/2014

A beautiful location in the mountains, beautiful scenery, quiet, professional and helpful staff, wish there was some sort of shuttle service to make it up and down the hill...other than that the perfect wedding venue!!! :)

Sent on 04/08/2015

My wife and I enjoyed the Tannenbaum more than we could have imagined. They were very helpful with everything we needed, and were very flexible with accommodating us with what we wanted our wedding to be like. It is a beautiful location with a great view. The inside has a great cabin feel with the fireplace and lighting that they have set up. The staff was very nice and helpful. I would greatly recommend this place for a wedding as they have very reasonable rates for such a great location.

Sent on 05/25/2014

From the day I called to view Tannenbaum Event Center everything and everyone was AMAZING!!! They are so friendly and helpful. They were very patient with me. I must have emailed them a million times and they responded to me within 24 hours. I had Red Carpet do my bouquets and boutonnieres. I emailed and called Sandy about what I wanted and she was able to get them just right. Alisha (no longer with the company) did our walk through. She took her time and made sure we our questions answered. She helped us with vendors in the area and who to stay away from. The day of our wedding it stormed and we weren’t able to have the outdoor wedding we planned. It didn’t matter they were able to set up a beautiful wedding inside. With the twinkle lights and tea candles it came out so romantic and wonderful. Julie our coordinator was FANTASTIC!!! She really took charge and made sure everything stayed on schedule. She really helped out when the DJ kept messing things up. I really appreciate all the hard work Tannenbaum and Red Carpet put into our wedding. I absolutely loved it! My guest loved the environment and thought it was a spectacular view. I was concerned about having my wedding in Reno, living in Idaho, but Red Carpet and Tannenbaum made everything just perfect. Thank you so much!! It’s a day we won’t forget!

Sent on 11/07/2013

Tannenbaum was absolutely wonderful! They were very reasonably priced for how beautiful this venue is and everything is all in one place. The staff is very helpful as well!

Sent on 09/24/2013

Jami · Married on 03/30/2013

Everybody loved our venue. And all of the staff was so helpful.

Sent on 04/01/2013

Tannenbaum Events was the most gorgeous location for our September wedding. The venue was only a twenty minute drive for most of our guests, but we and our guests felt like we had really gotten out of town for an afternoon. Escaping from Reno’s heat into the cool mountain air was a relief, and the view from the back lawn overlooking trees and the Carson Valley was absolutely beautiful. We and our guests took so many great pictures with that view! Later that evening, the star gazing from the back porch was stunning. The bridal suite and the groom’s suite are very spacious, more than enough room for seven or eight people to get ready without stepping on each other’s toes. Not only is the venue itself beautiful and unique to the area, but the staff are amazing to work with. We always received prompt, thoughtful replies to e-mails and telephone calls, and were able to set up as many meetings as we needed to drive up and walk through the venue. The day of the wedding, the staff was there early to help set up and kept things running smoothly all night long! We’d be happy to recommend the Tannenbaum to anyone looking for a venue. Thank you to all the Tannenbaum staff for helping to make our day so beautiful!

Sent on 10/01/2012

My husband and I were so happy with Tannenbaum Events Center! It's a beautiful venue with the rustic charm that I was looking for. The outdoor ceremony site is beautiful and the views are breathtaking. One unexpected benefit was the wedding coordination done by Alisha and Rachel. These two were so helpful with organizing the ceremony and being there to make sure the night ran smoothly. Rachel even offered to go purchase a wine opener when we realized we forgot one!

Sent on 09/18/2012

Andrea · Married on 05/27/2012

The Tannenbaum is incredible! It is affordable and has spectacular views for photography! We enjoyed Julie, Alex, and Alisha as they all have the most amazing personalities. All are extremely creative and wonderful to work with. They are patient and provide expertise and feedback to ensure that your vision comes to life! The space itself is a blank canvas. You can decorate like crazy or if you are on a budget, let the venue speak for itself. Majority of our guests came from all over the country and everyone raved about the location. You can't beat it! We enjoyed every minute of celebrating our big day at the Tannenbaum and know that you would not be disappointed if you decided to do the same!!!

Sent on 06/04/2012

Stephanie · Married on 05/26/2012

We recently had our wedding at the Tannenbaum Event Center and could not be happier. The view is unbeatable and the value is just right. The staff was super friendly and they were super flexible when unexpected snowstorms (at the end of May!) forced us to move our rehearsal dinner inside. They were able to set up for us with hours notice. They also were able to provide an amazing clear tent to protect the ceremony the next day without blocking any of those amazing views. One of the best decisions we made regarding our wedding.

Sent on 06/03/2012

Tannenbaum's reply:

Thank you Stephanie! It was a pleasure working with you and Casey, and we were happy to make the necessary changes to accommodate the crazy late-May weather. Congratulations to you both, our entire team is wishing you the best!

Allison · Married on 11/11/2011

This place was so beautiful for the day of my wedding. The staff is great and made sure everything was perfect for my day. I would recommend this place to anyone.

Sent on 12/06/2011

Gaylyn · Married on 01/22/2010

Our wedding was Jan 22, 2010 and it was amazing. The staff is so professional and they really understant what it means for a special day. I knew that once I found this place online, that it was where we were getting married. Can you imagine having a winter wedding with a hawaiian theme. The staff is amazing, the scenery is phenomenal and the ambiance is perfect. If I had a chance, I would do it all over again at the same place. Who knows, maybe we will renew our vows there.

Gaylyn England