Tang's Bridal Reviews

Tang's Bridal 7
  • Tara

Tara · Married on 06/22/2019

Great experience!

Although the location of Tang's is out of the way for me, I ended up getting my dress altered here due to all of the great reviews. The reviews certainly did not lie - I had an amazing experience working with Tang's. They were extremely friendly, funny and helpful through the whole process. I was having some dress anxiety after my last fitting, so they allowed me to come in a week before my wedding to try my dress on a third time. They also helped to explain why they made certain alterations and what would work best. In the end, the dress fit perfectly! I also had my dress pressed here before the big day.

I would highly recommend Tang's for your alteration needs. They also sell wedding dresses here!

Sent on 07/12/2019

Hi Tara,
    Thank you for all the kind words. You were a pleasure to work with and we so appreciate you making the drive to come see us.
  • Carly

Carly · Married on 06/01/2019

Fun Personality

Tang was so much fun to work with. I walked in there crying after having a bridezilla moment. She changed my mood so fast with her fun personality. We tried on dresses & she honestly made me feel like a queen! When I came back for my final dress fitting she was so on top of everything & my dress was PERFECT. We all cried with joy once I had my dress in again. I highly recommend Tangs!

Sent on 06/12/2019
    Tang's Bridal 11
  • Shannon

Shannon · Married on 12/09/2018

Absolutely Amazing

I would definitely recommend Tang’s to anyone needed alterations. They did amazing work and made sure my dress was perfect for a very reasonable price! They’re absolutely fantastic!

Sent on 11/13/2018
  • Jessika

Jessika Schweinsberg · Married on 11/10/2018

Best alteration shop in NOVA!

The idea to add cap sleeves to my sleeveless gown came to me in a dream a week before my wedding. My mom recommended Tang's and OH MY GOSH am I so glad I listened. Kenny was a delight over the phone, scheduling and during checkout - and funny to boot. Xiao-Yin did a phenomenal job adding sleeves with the extra material from my original alteration at a competitor. Additionally, she fit my dress in ways that the previous tailor overlooked. Her eye for detail took what I initially thought was a great dress to an absolutely amazing one. She provided the same level of work to my rehearsal dress. The price is very reasonable AND they were able to get everything to me with a few days to spare. I definitely plan on taking other items of clothing there in the future!

Sent on 01/28/2019
    Tang's Bridal 12

Tang's Bridal's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words! We are only as good as our brides. It is your vision that we create so your placing trust in us to complete your dreams is an honor.

Deborah Hoffman · Married on 10/28/2018

Perfect Dress Fitting

I am so glad I took my wedding dress to Tang's. Xiao-Yin did a phenomenal job fitting my dress that I had bought a couple sizes too big off the rack. She built a bra into the dress for me and came up with some very creative ideas to fix some issues that never would have even crossed my mind. Not only did she make the dress look amazing for me, but she and Kenny were truly a pleasure to work with. The price was very reasonable as well in my opinion. I definitely plan on taking other items of clothing there in the future!

Sent on 11/28/2018
  • Wendy

Wendy · Married on 10/19/2018

Reasonable, professional and sassy!

Xiao Yin has got to be the most skilled, sassy and professional seamstress ever! The little shop is decorated with lots of hilarious signs that'll make you LOL and then when you meet HER, she is even more humorous!

I came here to get my wedding dress altered first and she was able to recommend a better bra for my dress than the one I had brought in. She's very experienced and pays a lot of attention to details! Taught me how to properly walk with a wedding dress on. Later I brought it another dress I was going to wear for another part of the wedding that was really big.

They have very reasonable prices and she makes the best recommendations! Xiao Yin is just the best! And Kenny is the sweetest guy ever. Extremely friendly and really goes out of his way to make sure brides don't go crazy! THEY'RE SO GOOD AT WHAT THEY DO!

Sent on 11/06/2018

Sarah Milliard · Married on 10/13/2018

Just the Best

So, so grateful to have found these folks! Tang cut through my rambling email of style ideas and had "the dress" waiting for me on the rack when I arrived. She made confident recommendations about sizing and alterations, with no surprises. Kenny's gentle administrative touches made me feel so cared for from the beginning. Tang and Kenny respected my budget, estimated individual alteration costs, kept every appointment, and had the dress steamed and ready to go as promised. Their knowledge of and passion for the industry just run so deep, and their enthusiasm is second to none!

Sent on 12/13/2018

Tang's Bridal's reply:

Sarah, Thank you for all your kind words! We have the worlds best brides! We wish you all the best.

Michelle · Married on 09/15/2018

Go with Tang!

Oh man, where to start? Tang absolutely blew me away with her alterations for my wedding dress and suggestions for my veil (which I bought at her store!). Tang and all the staff at Tang's alterations have a way of making you feel right at home, instantly. She has a beautiful personality and clearly has a passion for her work. I expected to feel nervous or concerned dropping my dress off to be altered, but Tang assured me we would get everything situated to my liking, no matter what.

I had my dress let out from a size 4 to a size 6 to make sure it was the perfect fit for me. :) I also had my bustle down there which worked perfectly for the reception.

Also, after the wedding I dropped my dress off to be cleaned (after running around in old town Alexandria all day) and holy crap! It looks brand new.

Final thoughts, dont hesitate. Go with Tang!

Photo credit goes to the incredible, @victoriaheerphotography

Sent on 12/30/2018
    Tang's Bridal 13
    Tang's Bridal 14
    Tang's Bridal 15

Tang's Bridal's reply:

Thank you for all your kind words Michelle! We try our best and do truly love what we do. Happy New year and all our best for manny many years of happiness!
    Tang
  • dowling8889

Rachel · Married on 09/08/2018

Tang's made my wedding dress feel like the perfect fit for me. I wanted a specific type of dress (chest covered, sleeves, lace) and I found a dress that fit my requirements and made my mom cry. So I got it. It didn't give me some kind of amazing, one dress rules them all, wonderful feeling but I figured it would work for the Big Day. I was really nervous about my first fitting as I am not a size 4 and I was not in love with the dress. Ms. Byrom changed everything for me with this dress. She was so warm, welcoming, sweet, and super funny that the fitting turned in to a positive experience really quickly. I told her I didn't want a train since I was getting married on a farm, and she got out her razor blade and started chopping then and there. I told her the skirt was too full, and snip, snip, snip, there it went. When I went for my second fitting, the dress was beyond what I could imagine it could be and WOW, I had that one dress to rule them all feeling. I am SO GRATEFUL to Ms. Byrom and her team for my beautiful dress and the absolutely impeccable tailoring I received. Not to mention all the other great stuff (fantastic customer service, easy scheduling, making me feel like the only bride ever, reasonable pricing). Please look no further than Tang's, you absolutely will not be disappointed.

Sent on 09/24/2018

Eleanor · Married on 08/25/2018

I can not say enough good things about Tang’s alterations!! My daughter’s wedding dress was ruined by another alterations shop in another town. We brought it to Tangs and she worked a miracle. Tang made her dress what it was meant to be-spectacular. She went above and beyond-even accommodating our tight schedule. Most of all, she put us at ease about a potentially stressful situation. She far exceeded our expectations!!

Sent on 09/16/2018

Michelle · Married on 07/14/2018

Cheyenne and Kenny are the best! Buying my dress from Tang's was the easiest and most fun of all my wedding vendor experiences. They gave great advice and suggestions, but were not the least bit pushy. They had a great selection of dresses and were patient as I tried on as many as I wanted. They made me feel like I was their only customer and Cheyenne had me cracking up with her jokes. She also did a fantastic job with my alterations and very carefully packed my dress for our trip overseas for the wedding. Tang's is the best!

Sent on 07/26/2018

Leah · Married on 06/30/2018

After searching all over the DMV for an affordable and knowledgeable bridal tailor for my wedding dress I finally found Tang’s Alterations, and I am SO happy I did! From the moment I first called them, they were friendly and accommodating. I had a very intricate lace dress with a very long train and Tang knew exactly how to alter it and bustle it. She was so knowledgeable and you can tell she was very experienced in altering wedding dresses. Every appointment she was fun and made me feel so comfortable. She completed my dress SO quickly with plenty of time for me to come try it on and make any minor adjustments. They were very professional in setting their appointments and taking their time to make sure they did everything I needed. They allowed me to pay for my alterations in increments as well, which was so helpful. I couldn’t be happier with my experience. Thank you Tangs Alterations for making me feel so beautiful on my wedding day!!!

Sent on 07/21/2018
    Tang's Bridal 16
    Tang's Bridal 17
    Tang's Bridal 18
    Tang's Bridal 19
    Tang's Bridal 20
  • Kendall

Kendall · Married on 06/16/2018

Tang’s was amazing! I brought my wedding dress in, which i got at a sample sale. It fit me pretty well but the shoulders needed to be taken in a bit, and the hem was too long for my short height. The shoulder area was all beaded lace, so I was worried that you would be able to tell it had been altered. Went in about 2 weeks later and the dress fits perfectly! Can’t tell at all! Not only did they do a fabulous job, but everyone there was incredibly kind and helpful. If you need your dress altered, go to Tang’s! You won’t be disappointed.

Sent on 05/14/2018

Rachel · Married on 06/02/2018

Fantastic Wedding Dress Alterations!

I went to Tang's after the seamstress recommended to me by the shop where I bought my dress wanted to charge me a 50% rush fee for usual alterations because it was less than 2 months before my wedding, begrudgingly and without a smile to go with her services. I was distraught with my wedding a month away, when my sister told me to call Tang's. I did, and it was the best decision I could have made! I spoke with the wonderful gentleman there (whose name for some reason is escaping me at the moment) and he told me not to panic. Fortunately, he was able to book me for that weekend because someone had called to cancel their appointment 5 minutes before I called (meant to be!).
    On the day of my appointment, I worked with Tang who is an absolute EXPERT (truly...she engineers dresses to fit and look perfect) and a JOY to work with! She was friendly, kind, sweet, and she knew EXACTLY what needed to be done to make me look my best and assured me that everything could be done in time. Now for the even more amazing part...
    During my fitting, I noticed that my dress was perhaps just a tad too low in the front for my taste, but I didn't have high hopes of anything being able to be done - especially within the time frame. I had a sheer "jacket" that went over my dress with some lace overlay over the bodice to provide coverage, but it still left a gap in the very front that showed cleavage. Tang disappeared for a moment and when she came back she had a bag of "donor lace". A few seconds later she pulled out a strip of the exact lace on my jacket (she knew the designer of it by sight), and she started cutting out pieces of lace from it and strategically pinning them to provide more coverage!! I was amazed.
    Needless to say, my dress fit beautifully, it was flawless, I was comfortable in it, and I felt beautiful. Tang's is the only place I will go for alterations in the future!

Sent on 12/04/2018

Jennifer · Married on 05/12/2018

I drove all the way from DC just to go to Tangs. They came highly recommended by my friends and I didn't want to mess around with my wedding dress, so 2-3 hours of commuting was well worth it. I wore my Mom's 1970s wedding dress and it came out beautifully! When I brought it to them, it was an ivory color -- which was okay and I was still happy to wear it -- but I had wished that it was white. After they sent it to be cleaned, it came back white!! They were able to restore it to its previous color and glory. They helped me find the perfect lace to add to the hem (I'm a bit taller than my mom) and were a joy to work with. They were also incredibly reasonable. I would HIGHLY recommend.

Sent on 08/27/2018
    Tang's Bridal 21

Kelsey · Married on 04/28/2018

I honestly don't know where to begin. This was by far the best experience in planning our wedding!! I can't leave too long a review on here but If I could write a novel i would ( i'll be sure to post a longer review on YELP). Ms Tang and Kenny are professional, creative, helpful, and invested in making their clients happy. I recommend them 100% - best choice you'll ever make!

Sent on 05/10/2018

Carlene · Married on 04/20/2018

I bought my dress somewhere else but they quoted me a very high amount for my alterations. I found Tang's on Yelp and am so grateful I went there. Tang knows what she is doing! She fixed areas of my dress I didn't even realize needed to be taken in. All my alterations were done on time and even completed my second round of alterations within 1 hour so I didn't have to make a separate trip back to pick up my dress. My mother in law was also so impressed with the quality work Tang had done - she plans to go to Tang for all her alterations in the future. I have already recommended Tang's to many friends who need bridesmaids dresses altered!

Sent on 05/14/2018

Morgan · Married on 04/07/2018

Cannot recommend Tangs enough for wedding dress alterations! They are so friendly, helpful, and professional. She is so talented and really knows her stuff - easily tweaked my dress to make it perfect, respected my opinion, gave me honest feedback, all around a wonderful experience. Have recommended her to all of my friends and family, she's that good. Great price for wedding dress alterations compared to others in DC and my bridal shop. Top notch - can't recommend enough!

Sent on 07/16/2018
    Tang's Bridal 22
    Tang's Bridal 23
    Tang's Bridal 24
    Tang's Bridal 25
    Tang's Bridal 26

Jennalee · Married on 10/21/2017

Fantastic place! I was quoted over $600 at another place for very simple alterations, and they did it for only $220! Tang is wonderful to work with, and has a very warm personality. I had to reschedule a couple of fittings, and they were very flexible and professional. I highly recommend this place!

Sent on 10/11/2017

Mallory · Married on 10/08/2017

I literally can't express all the gratitude I feel towards these amazing people!! I felt such a warm genuine connection with Tang and Kenny, they went absolutely above and beyond for me. From late night dress shopping, to a handful of alterations, and not letting me leave the shop until everything was perfect to my liking. The dresses they carry are constantly updated each season, and they are BEAUTIFUL gowns in all price ranges. They are such kind hearted people who will give you an honest opinion to make sure you look and feel your best! Even now that my wedding day has passed, I will definitely continue to use their services just to be able to see them again! Love you guys!!

Sent on 10/16/2017
  • Christine

Christine · Married on 09/23/2017

I wish I could do more to recommend Tang and her staff! I brought in a 2009 Vera Wang sample gown that had shown it's age, and needed the dress taken in 4 sizes, the neckline altered from straight-across to sweetheart, shortened, and bustled. They take bridal appointments before and after their general public hours, so you have the place to yourself during the appointments, and all three times I visited I was given all of the attention and reassurances that I needed that the dress would look great once altered. There were never any issues getting an appointment, and when I wanted to change my second appointment to a week earlier so my mom could come with me, they were able to fit me in without issue. When I picked up my dress two weeks before the wedding, I was stunned- it looked perfect! The neckline looks like it was always meant to be a sweetheart, the dress had been spot-cleaned and steamed, and Tang even put in the cups and an extra hook-and-eye right there while I waited. She also was able to work magic to bustle an almost completely tulle gown. On top of everything else, the cost was absolutely reasonable and worth the trips from Alexandria. My brother even got his suit tailored for the wedding DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND GO SEE TANG!

Sent on 09/14/2017

Rachel · Married on 09/03/2017

Tang's Alterations was one of the best out of all the vendors I picked for my wedding. *Absolutely* recommend her if you're looking to tailor your wedding dress!

Of note:
    - Very personable; you can tell she actually cares about making her customers look good on their wedding day, and is willing to go the extra mile to make that happen. This put me at ease and gave me confidence that everything would turn out well (which it did!)
    - For example, I'm completely clueless when it comes to how a dress should be tailored; I wasn't aware that part of my dress was bunching because it was too tight around my legs, and thought that's just the way it was. She didn't notice it at first (I didn't think to say anything, thinking that maybe it just fit tight), and had almost finished all the alterations when I went back to try it o Rather than charging me extra to make that alteration, she voluntarily did that particular change free of charge, with the reasoning that she should have noticed it from the beginning. It was incredibly refreshing to do business with someone so candid, honest, straight-forward, and kind.
    - Another example of above-and-beyond service: She volunteered to make a "How-To" video on my phone that I could show my bridesmaids for how to do my bustle, which ended up being extremely useful on the wedding day!
    - Prices are extremely reasonable

Sent on 02/17/2018
    Tang's Bridal 27
    Tang's Bridal 28

Kristina · Married on 05/21/2017

Tang was a pleasure to work with! From the very first minute I entered her shop I knew my dress was in good hands. She made me feel comfortable and listened to every request I had with my dress. She even helped me select jewelry. The team in general was phenomenal- every time I walked in I was greeted by name and a smile. You will never go wrong with Tangs!

Sent on 06/05/2017

Tang's Bridal's reply:

Thank you for your kind words!

Marybeth · Married on 05/20/2017

Tang is amazing!!! After several recommendations from friends, Tang did the alterations on my wedding dress and my Mom’s mother of the bride dress. Both of us just loved her spunky, sweet personality and hilarious sense of humor. She takes so much time with each of her brides, assuring that bridal appointments are outside of regular store hours so she can really take her time and give 1-1 attention. Her work is impeccable and she made my dress fit like a glove! 5 days before my wedding I expressed my concerns about dancing in a strapless dress during the reception (it fit perfectly, but I was worried about adjusting it throughout the night). Tang quickly sewed on beautiful straps that were hidden inside the dress that I was able to put on during the reception and it worked perfectly!! Her pricing is incredibly reasonable and she is very flexible with turnaround time. Her husband manages the shop and is so organized and helpful with making appointments. Highly recommend Tang’s!

Sent on 06/02/2017