Tangorra Wedding Planning Reviews

51 | Newburyport, MA

51 Reviews for Tangorra Wedding Planning

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Gerard · Married on 09/02/2018

Linnea was the absolute best!! We hired Linnea for our wedding this past weekend in Boston and she did a fantastic job, 10/10, A+. She was very very easy to work with, she blew away my personal expectations as well as my wife's' expectations. She is very prompt when responding to emails, and Linnea is very detail orientated. She has a big network of friends and companies that she has worked with in the past and was able to make everything easy for us along the way. About a month away from our wedding, we unexpectedly had to change make up and hair companies. We simply reached out to Linnea I believe on a Sunday, and she promptly helped us with finding a last minute company for hair and make up who did fantastic. She made our wedding day memorable. She made it very easy on my wife. There was no stress on our wedding day, and this was because we hired the absolute best at her profession. Linnea, thanks again for making our wedding day so special. My wife and I would recommend your services and assistance to anyone!!

Sent on 09/04/2018

Kate · Married on 08/18/2018

Linnea is the absolute best! I started working with Linnea about a year before my wedding and it was the best decision I made throughout the entire planning process. She had really good vendor recommendations and is incredibly organized. Linnea has a warm and bubbly personality, which makes planning with her so much fun. She was also able to help me stick to a strict budget, but still somehow managed to get me everything I wanted! The day of ran so smoothly - if anything went wrong, I definitely did not know about it! Trust me, you need her!!!

Sent on 08/29/2018

Kari · Married on 06/09/2018

Hiring Linnea was the best wedding planning decision we made! Her exceptional expertise from wedding logistics to the best vendors created an absolutely perfect day and planning experience. Our vendors were on a first name basis with Linnea, and they all said we had the best!
    Linnea has a calm, bubbly, easy- going personality; nothing bothers her and she works behind the scenes as details/issues arise which really helps alleviate wedding day stress.
    She is super organized, detail oriented and genuinely cares for her bride. It was such a pleasure to work with someone who loves what they do and does it exceptionally. Our wedding weekend ran flawlessly because Linnea was in charge. She is amazing!

Sent on 08/12/2018

Charlotte · Married on 06/09/2018

I cannot say enough good things about my experience with Linnea! She is an absolutely incredible person and I highly recommend her to anyone in need of a planner that can literally do it all! With her infectious positivity and bubbly demeanor, it is impossible not to have a good time when you are drowning in guest lists, seat assignments and a million other decisions.

Linnea is someone that you can truly trust to make your wedding planning process stress-free and the event absolutely PERFECT! I live in New York, but got married in Boston. Linnea made sure that long-distance planning was smooth and enjoyable. I was the type of bride-to-be that needed a “nudge” to really get things done. Linnea made all of my appointments and ensured we met all of our deadlines to make the day perfect. There were also many times my mom and I differed on decisions and Linnea was instrumental in helping us come to a mutual agreement while still ensuring it would be my dream wedding.

Linnea knows all of the best vendors on the East Coast; from invitations to flowers, photography/videography to officiates, and will help you find the ones that meet your personal needs and style. Every vendor Linnea suggested was professional, on time and worked together flawlessly on the day of the wedding.

To say I was a nervous bride is an understatement but Linnea and her team could not have put me more at ease. Now that the wedding is over and the dust has settled, I miss my time spent with Linnea, which is a true testament to her approach to wedding planning!

Sent on 09/10/2018

Tara · Married on 09/23/2017

I hired Linnea to be my "day of Coordinator". Linnea went above and beyond that description as she helped plan the most magical, "casual elegance meets rustic glam" wedding. When I met Linnea I shared with her my vision to transform Concord Country Club into a Napa Vineyard wedding. Linnea helped me rent farm tables, chairs, glassware, china , wine barrels and coordinate multiple vendors.

She ran my rehearsal, created a master schedule for all wedding party. She was always three steps ahead of me and shielded me from all the wedding stress. Linnea planned and executed the wedding detaisll with grace, ease and humor. What a delightful woman and so talented.

Linnea went above and beyond to make my wedding absolutely stunning. I could not have had the wedding I did without Linnea's help. Do not look any further for a wedding planner and/or coordinator. She is the ultimate choice. You will not be disappointed.

Tara

Sent on 09/27/2017

catherine · Married on 08/05/2017

I am writing this 3.5 months before my wedding even occurs, because it would be a disservice to any of the couples scouting for a planner to not use Linnea. She is UNREAL. I will update this after the wedding, but I need to let you know what a lifesaver Linnea is.

First, Linnea knows everything and everyone in Boston. Do you know how helpful that is when planning a wedding? Wildly advantageous. There is not one vendor who I have spoken with that hasn’t had the highest compliments to give Linnea. Also, every one of Linnea’s recommendations have been perfection.

Moving on, Linnea is a master at this craft. We are having a very large wedding, 300+ at the Fairmont and Linnea has made every detail to date so manageable. You won’t know the value of this until your knee deep into wedding planning, but trust me, you want her to hold your hand…no matter how organized you are!

Critical to Linnea’s business is her INSANE flexibility to work with you, and make sure your needs are met, even if it’s off the typical planning schedule. For example, I am graduating and moving nearly 2000 miles from Boston three months prior to my wedding, and Linnea moved up our final planning meeting, is coming with me to the floral appointment, and created a 100% customized to-do list for us, including all the questions we should be asking at our upcoming appointments.

Linnea knows it all, thinks of everything, and does it all with a warmness that makes her feel like family. Trust me, this review is coming from someone who talked to many planners, decided I didn’t need one, and then came crawling back seven months out praying she had availability. Miraculously, she did..and the rest is history.

You don’t have to look any further, get Linnea and it’ll be the easiest decision you make throughout the entire process.

Sent on 04/15/2017

Tess · Married on 07/22/2017

Tangorra Wedding Planning is amazing! I initially felt very overwhelmed by the wedding planning process, especially because I was planning our wedding remotely. From the moment I first spoke with Linnea, she completely put me at ease. She is so enthusiastic, supportive, organized and professional. She knew the ins and outs of our venue and was able to provide so much great advice on how to make sure the day ran smoothly. She went above and beyond to make sure our wedding was a success, and was such a pleasure to have with us the day of the wedding. She is able to find the perfect balance of being organized and in control, without being bossy and aggressive. I think that's a hard combination to find in a wedding planner! I can't recommend her enough if you're looking for someone to guide you through your big day!

Sent on 09/27/2017

Sarah · Married on 06/17/2017

Linnea is THE BEST. Linnea was my "day of" wedding planner, which really meant that she started working on my wedding several months out. I knew I was in good hands when I met with Linnea for the first time to go over the timeline for the big day -- I came in with lots of questions and half baked ideas, but Linnea had everything so well organized that by the end of our meeting I was checking things off my to do list that I hadn't even known I needed! Linnea was so much fun to work with over the next few months. Not only is she super friendly and bubbly, but she is also very patient and calming. Great qualities to have when wedding planning can get stressful! Linnea will respond to your emails immediately, provide very helpful opinions and recommendations, and always has a contact if you're looking for a new vendor. There are so many little details that can be stressful to plan, and Linnea was on top of every single one. For example, I learned 2 weeks before the wedding that you need a sound system for the ceremony (I thought this came with the band -- nope!). When I called the "sound guy", I was told that everything had already been taken care of weeks ago -- by Linnea! On the weekend of the wedding, Linnea made sure that everything was flawless. She helped run our ceremony rehearsal, coordinated all our vendors, got the wedding party organized on the day of, and was even running around the venue itself making sure that every detail and every table was just right! Her attention is detail is amazing, and so so appreciated! She ensured that the logistics and details were the last thing on my mind on my wedding day -- she took care of it all. Having Linnea on our "team" as we planned our wedding was hands down one of the best decisions we made. I would recommend her to anyone that asks!! She will ensure that you have the wedding day of your dreams!

Sent on 07/10/2017

Annie · Married on 01/07/2017

Linnea made my wedding day the fairytale I had always hoped it would be. She took all the stress out of planning so I could actually enjoy my engagement period rather than be worrying about every single detail. Linnea’s list of vendors, all of whom she had a fantastic relationship with, proved to be essential to the wedding planning process. From linens, to music, to limo services, Linnea had all aspects of the planning process covered. There was not one hiccup on my wedding day, and I credit that to Linnea. Many of my friends and family remarked, “That was the best wedding I have ever been to”, and I agree! The events of our wedding day flowed seamlessly thanks to Linnea’s detailed planning and communication between the wedding venue, the different vendors, and the wedding party. The wedding planning process does NOT have to be stressful! Linnea showed me that planning the wedding is half the fun! This talented professional clearly has passion for her work, and this translated beautifully to make my wedding day absolutely unforgettable.

Sent on 01/12/2017

Jo · Married on 09/04/2016

Linnea Tangorra is the best wedding planner you could ever ask for!! We were lucky enough to hire her for our daughter's wedding in Boston recently. She is seriously the most organized, detail-oriented, thoughtful and patient person who is truly dedicated to making sure you have the wedding of your dreams. On top of that, she is warm, caring and has a great sense of humor!! My family fell in love with her and will be forever grateful to Linnea for making our lives so easy from beginning to end. Our daughter's wedding was a dream come true in large part because of Linnea's exceptional work. When planning a wedding, one of the best decisions you could make is to hire Linnea!!

Sent on 09/07/2016

Maria · Married on 09/03/2016

Linnea is just wonderful. She was our day of coordinator and made all the difference in making sure our day went smoothly. Her detailed timeline ensured everyone knew where to be and when (both vendors and family members!) and she took over coordination with vendors in the last week or two before the wedding, which was a huge weight off my shoulders. In addition to being fantastic at her job, she's fun and enthusiastic. I'm so glad she was there with us all day. Her second coordinator, Alicia, was wonderful too. I really don't know what we would have done without them and cannot recommend Linnea highly enough.

Sent on 09/25/2016

Jean · Married on 08/27/2016

Linnea Tangorra at Tangorra Wedding Planning is simply the best planner in the Boston area for weddings. Both our son and daughter relied on Linnea to plan their weddings. She helped find the best vendors for style and budget. She is totally well known in the industry. If you mention Linnea's name, every credible vendor will know her. The planning process is well thought out and is based on what the bride and groom's vision of what their wedding will look like. Once the wedding weekend arrives, the bride and groom and their families can just relax. She has everything covered and runs the show but in a kind, enthusiastic way. Always a smile on her face, Linnea will put you at ease for your wedding. It will be your best decision to have Linnea help plan your wedding.

Sent on 08/31/2016

Rachel · Married on 04/30/2016

Hiring Tangorra Wedding Planning was by far the BEST decision I could have made for my wedding. From the moment I walked into Linnea Tangorra’s office, I immediately knew I wanted to hire her as the wedding planner for my big day. Her energy and positive attitude is a breath of fresh air. I worked with her for over a year with planning the perfect wedding, and I can honestly say, that she made the planning process enjoyable and stress free for me. She not only helped us find the PERFECT venue for us, but also found vendors that were within our budget, offered suggestions and advice, and was so incredibly detail oriented and organized that nothing went unnoticed. I felt at ease knowing that she was always available when I needed her; it didn’t matter how big or small the question was, or what time of day it may have been, she ALWAYS responded to my emails, etc. Working with Linnea didn’t feel like business transaction, it felt like a true friendship :) Thank you Linnea for everything! You’re amazing at what you do, and I would recommend Tangorra Wedding Planning to every bride out there! You are by far THE BEST!

Sent on 06/06/2016

Sharon · Married on 10/24/2015

Tracy Kelly you are truly the Bride Whisperer! From the engagement to the farewell brunch the planning and event were a joy! Thank you for being our friend through the process! My daughter truly had the wedding of her dreams, how wonderful!! Now, on to my son's wedding!! Thanks SO much for all we know you did and all you did behind the scenes;)

Sent on 10/27/2015

Gillian · Married on 10/24/2015

The best wedding gift I received was from my co-worker who referred me to Tracy Kelly and Tangorra Wedding Planning. It was not only a gift to me as the Bride, but to my family! When we decided to hire Tracy, the wedding planning went from overwhelming and stressful to fun and exciting! We were able to enjoy each and every moment of the wedding planning process. Tracy and the amazingly talented vendors she brought to the team created a gorgeous wedding that reflected us and exactly what we had imagined. Our guests cannot stop talking about the wedding and I just say, "it was all because of Tracy". It was an absolute blast.

Sent on 10/28/2015

Michele · Married on 10/10/2015

Hiring Linnea Tangorra to plan our wedding was the best and most impactful decision we made during our wedding planning process. How else would we choose a DJ, florist, photographer, etc.? By combing through thousands of Boston-area Yelp reviews? With Linnea, we didn’t have to stress about booking good vendors because all of her recommendations were excellent! Not only did Linnea set up our appointments with each of these vendors, but she made her recommendations based on our budget, wedding vision, and personalities! We were so impressed after our first vendor meeting (with our DJ), that we fully trusted all her subsequent vendor recommendations! We ended up with the best possible team that executed a flawless wedding! Linnea can help with any wedding-related questions you have and responds to emails promptly – huge! Even with all this awesomeness, I was most impressed with Linnea on our wedding day, when life threw us a curveball and the best man’s family ended up with the flu. She relayed all my concerns about the situation to those with a need to know and did everything she possibly could to ease my anxiety while keeping the other family members happy. None of the guests knew the extent of what was happening behind the scenes and the event was amazing! Most importantly, everyone had a great time and we were able to relax and enjoy our wedding while knowing that Linnea had everything under control.

Sent on 11/03/2015

Hiring Linnena was one of the most intelligent decisions We ever made. We worked together for over a year and a half. I honestly don't know what we would have done without her. Her vendors were outstanding, ( band, transportation, photographer, caterer, florist) . Linnea is very organized, professional, has a wonderful sense of humor, and was able to help us problem- solve any number of issues that we were confronted with. I feel like we made a new friend and miss our daily phone calls and emails.

Sent on 10/05/2015

Tia · Married on 06/28/2015

This review is far past due but I wanted to sit down and give Tracy the proper review she deserved because she is nothing shy of stellar! We heard about Tangorra Wedding Planning through another family who had a wedding and used this company. They raved and raved about Tangorra so without hesitation we called and set up a meeting with Tracy. She offered different levels of packages and was able to create one that fit our needs. She was perfect. Myself, my husband and his parents had a huge hand in planning the big day but we still needed some direction. She facilitated and attended all of our important meetings (florist, caterer, tent decorator, etc.). She was always ahead of the game and kept us well informed. She had great suggestions and a full understanding of our vision. She updated us on any decisions, payments or important deadlines we needed to meet. This helped to make our planning experience so smooth. We had a huge traveling wedding. We had 150+ guests and about a third of them traveled from the other side of the country. So we had a multiple day event and so many moving parts but it flowed effortlessly. On the day of the wedding Tracy had it completely under control. She created a detailed minute by minute outline for the day. I found this outline to be so incredible helpful. It had all of the important information in one neat package. I also was able to keep the bridal party well informed of the day play by play thanks to this outline. I didn't lift a finger. I just enjoyed the time with our friends and families. I was truly able to enjoy every aspect of our wedding day. Only tears of joy and happiness from this bride! Tracy handled everything. From the first phone call to the last moment of our wedding, Tracy was so prompt and very professional and I feel as if we have gained a friend. Tracy has an elegance about her and the way she works and it shows in her events. The entire time Tracy did all of this with a beautiful and heart warming smile.

Sent on 08/20/2015

Nicole · Married on 06/20/2015

Tangorra wedding planners are amazing!! My wedding was over 6 months ago and I still vividly remember how incredible Linnea and Tracey were to work with. From the moment I met Linnea (over a year before my wedding) until the last song on our wedding night, she was there providing advice, being a listening ear and keeping me calm, cool and collected. There are so many Fabulous things to say about these ladies. They are true professionals in their jobs, but ensure everyone is having fun and staying on time. Having their support throughout the wedding planning process was invaluable and I would highly recommend their services to any bride looking for day-off help or assistance with all the little details that go in to your wedding day. Linnea and Tracey, thanks for all you do! My wedding would not have been as amazing as it was if you two were not there along the way.

Sent on 12/27/2015

Alyce · Married on 05/30/2015

I am an event planner by trade, and I can't recommend Tracy from Tangorra Wedding Planning enough from a professional and personal perspective. She is fabulous at what she does.
    We hired Tracy as a day-of coordinator, and began working with her closely about two months prior to our wedding. However, she was always willing to answer my questions prior to those two months, and did so in a way that never made me feel like I was over stepping my boundaries.
    Her pre-wedding help was paramount to my now-husband and I retaining our sanity in the months leading up to our wedding. She became the primary contact for all of our vendors, created a down-to-the-minute day-of timeline, and gave fantastic advice regarding logistical details. Planning a wedding is more work than most realize, and Tracy's support came at the most crucial time.
    Most importantly though, is her warm attitude and cool, collected presence. She never made me feel like a question or concern was too trivial. When problems cropped up she always had a solution and handled the situation with absolute confidence. She cares about your wedding and wants it to be the best day for you, and that shines through.
    On the day of our wedding she made sure everything was set while my girls and I relaxed. She was always there when I needed her. She sent me a "Good morning!!! Happy wedding day!!!!!!!" Text at 8:33am. She had my purse when we left the hotel and made sure everyone got on the trolley. She saw me off as my dad walked me down the aisle. She held my bouquet as Chris and I danced into our reception. And at 1am when I started worrying about the transportation home, she was there to see us off.
    In short, she's awesome. Hire her!

Sent on 07/16/2015

Ashley · Married on 09/06/2014

Linnea is FABULOUS!!!!! From the moment I first met Linnea, I knew we had to have her a part of our day, her talent is so obvious! Linnea is enthusiastic, honest, but most of all caring. She truly wants you to be so happy with every decision and encourages to resolve any challenges you are facing. One example was that our band cancelled on us 6 weeks prior to our wedding day and when she heard that, she emailed/called every management company out there to help us get a list of options to review. We found our perfect band and couldn't have been more grateful, we think it was a blessing in disguise!

Planning our wedding day was seamless. I met with Linnea, chatted over coffee and by 4pm that afternoon, I had a fully detailed timeline! The day of our wedding, my mother and I were running a little behind with getting dressed/last minute hair touches, so our timing shifted a little for photos. Linnea took action, she told everyone where they needed to be and when. Every question I asked, she finished my sentences and always had an answer. Linnea's ability to overcome challenges is impressive, she's been through it all and is prepared for everything! Not to mention her amazing emergency kit, we had a few intimate moments with my dress :)

We recommend Linnea to every single bride in the Boston region, she is phenomenal!!!!

Sent on 09/28/2014

kathryn · Married on 08/23/2014

Tracy at Tangorra Wedding Planning made our entire wedding process amazingly easy and fun. From offering to go with my fiancé to hear a band play to coordinating multiple visits to look at linens, she made the process enjoyable and kept everything organized. I always felt confident that if I missed or forgot something Tracy would be there to make sure it was done, even things I would never have thought of. She was always quick to respond to an email or a text at anytime of the day and made it feel like you were planning with a friend. From her well researched list of vendors to working seamlessly with our event space catering manager, she was always positive and gave unconditional support. She helped with our entire weekend including the rehearsal dinner, even pulling wire out of her endless tool kit to hang a last minute marquee sign. Even though the wedding was just a weekend, the entire 7 month process was incredible and our wedding would not have been the same without her.

Sent on 09/24/2014

Kate · Married on 07/19/2014

Hiring Linnea Tangorra was the best decision I made as the mother of the bride. She was a joy to work with…professional,efficient,calming, and enthusiastic. My daughter lives in boston and I live north of the city, so offices in both Newburyport and Boston gave us great flexibility for meetings. She had wonderful suggestions for Boston vendors, as well as great working relationships with them. She was there to guide us every step of the way, making the planning process stress free and fun. She listened to our ideas, made suggestions, and then turned them into reality, always respecting our budget. She was ALWAYS available to answer questions via email or phone, and was happy to set up face to face meetings whenever we wanted them. The day of the wedding, she and her team were at every venue (hotel, pictures, church, reception) making sure everything was perfect, so we could enjoy every moment. We have heard nothing but raves from our wedding guests, and our daughter said it was everything she had ever dreamed of. Thank you, Linnea, for making it all possible, and for making it so much fun from start to finish.

Sent on 08/02/2014

Lauren · Married on 07/19/2014

Hiring Linnea to help plan my Boston wedding without a doubt was the best decision we made in the entire process. During the planning, she walked us through every little detail, giving us wonderful information, suggestions, and ideas along the way. We were engaged for a year and a half, and since day one I felt as though we were her only clients. She was incredibly accessible (and fast!) over email, and always willing to meet or set up a phone call when necessary. Linnea took care of organizing the day-of schedule, set-up, and clean-up, which meant that my husband, my family and I got to enjoy the entire day worry-free. I can't thank Linnea enough for all of the work she did to make my wedding day better than I could have imagined!

Sent on 09/29/2014

I cannot recommend Linnea and the entire Tangorra team highly enough. My mother and I worked with Linnea starting in December 2013 to plan our June 2014 wedding. From start to finish, Linnea was a joy to work with. She made the entire process of planning a 200-person outdoor wedding with four days of events fun and easy.

During the planning process, Linnea guided us through every decision with incredible responsiveness, warmth, and efficiency. She recommended top-notch vendors with whom she has excellent working relationships, and from the photographer to the caterer to the florist, we loved working with everyone she suggested. Linnea has a fabulous eye for the exquisite details that make a wedding truly special, but she's also incredibly efficient and able to nail logistics down quickly. She has a wonderful sense of humor that relieves any wedding planning stress.

During the wedding events themselves, Linnea and her team were an incredibly kind, calm, and capable presence. They took care of everything flawlessly, and the events could not have been smoother.

I feel so lucky to have worked with Linnea and the Tangorra team, and I recommend them with the greatest enthusiasm to any New England bride.

Sent on 07/14/2014