Tampa Garden Club Reviews

37 | Tampa, FL

37 Reviews for Tampa Garden Club

Jessica Scanlon · Married on 11/17/2018

Beautiful venue, beautiful people

Wanda is absolutely amazing and made my wedding day perfect. She went above and beyond and assisted with WHATEVER I needed. When I had an issue with a vendor and asked for her advice she just went and handled it. Exceptional customer service. She partnered great with my day of coordinator and was extremely considerate to any request we had. She is talented and truly passionate about her job. Portia is the exact same, they are a great pair. I am so thankful to both of them as the venue alone is beautiful and the people inside are as well. I HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend meeting them and learning more about this facility.

-Jessica & Joshua

Sent on 11/29/2018

Jessica · Married on 11/10/2018

Friendly, Accomodating, and Responsive

Location is great. Plenty of parking. Wanda and staff were very helpful throughout the whole planning process and always available and willing to assist us. Overall great experience. Wedding was an awesome time at this location. Highly recommend.

Sent on 12/19/2018

David · Married on 06/09/2018

We can't say enough good things about Wanda and Portia and our experience at the Tampa Garden Club for our daughter's wedding on June 9th. They went out of their way to make this everything we had hoped for in creating the perfect day. Their attention to detail and their personal attention given to us was incredible. We were treated like family and we can't thank them enough. We HIGHLY recommend this venue and their wonderful staff.

David and Paulette K
    Tampa

Sent on 06/25/2018

LeShanda · Married on 05/05/2018

I absolutely loved the Tampa Garden Club and working with Wanda!! Her professional and enthusiasm gave me so much peace!! My wedding was a beautiful dream and I couldn’t be more grateful!!!

Sent on 05/16/2018

Erin · Married on 12/28/2017

There are not enough kind words I can say about Wanda! She went above and beyond to make sure our day was perfect! The venue was gorgeous and the views of Bayshore cannot be beat. Also, if you choose this venue you get Wanda... You seriously don't need anything else :)

Sent on 01/19/2018
  • Noelle

Noelle · Married on 12/03/2017

The Tampa Garden Club was such a beautiful venue and we couldn’t have picked a better place! The floor to ceiling windows that look right out to Bayshore was my absolute favorite. They had a beautiful bridal suite that we hung out in before the wedding. We had an outside ceremony in their beautiful side garden area, and then headed inside for the reception. It couldnt have been a more perfect day! Thank you for having such a lovely venue!

Sent on 12/11/2017

Karyn · Married on 11/11/2017

Wanda and the team at Tampa Garden Club were a pleasure to work with. This was actually my fiancé and I's first venue we looked at in our search for our wedding. It just so happened that the location and amenities were perfect for what we were looking for. The Venue Manager, Wanda, was so warm, bubbly & wonderful throughout our entire wedding process. I felt like she was personally invested in making sure we had what we needed for our wedding day. She was always quick to respond and made the wedding planning process even more enjoyable. Our out-of-towners LOVED the waterfront view out to Bayshore Blvd and couldn't say enough lovely things about our venue choice. Thank you, TGC!

Sent on 11/20/2017

Tampa Garden Club's reply:

Karyn, you and Kevin will forever be a special couple to us here. You made this job so easy and most definitely enjoyable. Thank you for choosing this location. We hope that you captured some of the most amazing moments here. Please stay in touch!
    Congratulations again, endless blessing to you guys!

Wanda
  • Rachael

Rachael · Married on 09/16/2017

I dreamed my whole life of having my wedding day at the TGC, and it was everything I could imagine and more. Wanda was a dream to work with. She anticipated every need I had and made amazing recommendations. She quickly became a trusted friend.

Sent on 01/09/2018

Katie · Married on 07/28/2017

When we were in between appointments to look at venues for our upcoming wedding, my then-fiance and I decided to swing by the Tampa Garden Club for a quick look. As an event was about to start being wet up, Wanda gave us an expedited tour and answered our questions. That was all we needed -- we were in love (again). It's a beautiful space that can accommodate a lot of people at a great price for those on a budget, so we booked it shortly after.

As we got closer to the big day, I was able to reach out to Wanda with anything that came up, and she was a wonderful resource. She was so quick to respond to emails and was obviously looking out to make sure everything was done in our best interests. She understood we were doing a lot of DIY projects and really came through for us to make sure everything went off without a hitch! Even on the day of our wedding, at the end of July, she stopped by and brought my bridesmaids and I a fan to help keep us cool while we got ready!

Our wedding was beautiful, and we loved that we were able to have such a lovely space while still working with the vendors that we wanted to. All of our guests commented on how gorgeous it was. We would definitely recommend the space to anyone looking for a Tampa area venue that has it all!

Sent on 07/31/2017

Nicole · Married on 05/06/2017

We are so happy we chose Tampa Garden Club as our wedding venue! We were looking for a venue where we could have a ceremony outside and then our cocktail hour and reception inside all at the same location and TGC is perfect for this type of wedding. The outside garden area is beautiful for the ceremony and you cannot beat the Bayshore Boulevard photo opportunities for your portraits and bridal party photos!

Wanda was our point person for all things TGC related and she is awesome! I am an out-of-town bride and she gave my mom a tour as she was scouting venues for me and then also gave me a tour when I was in town. She is very friendly, goes above and beyond, and will always return your phone calls and emails and answer any questions that you may have. Our security guard, Anthony, was also great at making sure everything stayed in order at our wedding.

I have no regrets about TGC except for choosing to go with a wedding planner/decorator from their preferred vendor list who completely dropped the ball on our wedding day (see my review of Ideal Design Events). However, their failures had nothing to do with the amazing people and service we received from TGC.

Sent on 07/25/2017

Rachel · Married on 12/10/2016

When we started looking for a venue all we knew is we wanted to be in Tampa on the water. I'd never heard of the Garden Club prior to the venue search, but I am so grateful we found it. The garden is such a charming and peaceful place for a ceremony., with or without any additional decor. The interior of the building is very spacious and allows for plenty of dance space. They provide all indoor tables/chairs, which helps save a fortune! Equally as important as the venue itself, was the director, Wanda. Wanda was incredible throughout the entire wedding planning process. I do not think I could have done it without her! I don't know how she dealt with my 20 million questions on a weekly basis. She was always friendly and super helpful. She also had some "last minute" additions for my wedding that I could never possibly thank her enough for.

Sent on 12/12/2016

Tampa Garden Club's reply:

Thank you so much for allowing us to share in such a moment of life. You were absolutely stunning. I was truly honored to work with you during this process. I can't wait to see the pictures! Please stay in touch!! Happy New Beginnings!!!

Alexandra · Married on 06/11/2016

This venue was perfect for us and the office staff were extremely accommodating! We wanted a venue where we could host our ceremony, cocktail hour and reception inside the air conditioning since we got married in June. The staff at the Tampa Garden Club worked well with our planner, caterer, photographer and other vendors to ensure that the space was decorated to perfection and comfortably cool by our ceremony time. There's free parking for your guests and plenty of space inside and out for people to enjoy the beautiful views of Tampa Bay. It's conveniently located on Bayshore so it wasn't far at all for our guests staying in downtown Tampa and a short trip for our family coming in from Pinellas and Hillsborough. There's a full, good sized kitchen for the caterer and a stage for a band or dj. I'm so happy we went with this venue, it was perfect for our summer wedding!

Sent on 06/15/2016

Jessica · Married on 11/08/2015

Britt, the manager was awesome. She was so helpful and patient with me. I was there every weekend measuring and taking pictures and she just laughed and helped me count. I had an amazing experience with her, even afterwards. The venue was gorgeous. The ceremony was outside and all of my guests loved it. It was very convenient for my out-of-town family to just walk right from the garden to the cocktail hour and from the cocktail hour to the reception. No driving :)

Sent on 12/06/2015

Jessica · Married on 10/24/2015

Britt was such a wonderful person to work with. She helped us with our scheduling issues early on and helped us book the perfect date. The Tampa Garden Club is such a beautiful blank slate that you can really dress up for any style. The view of Bayshore and the natural light that floods in makes the venue a great spot for a daytime wedding.

Sent on 12/21/2015
  • Amy & Dan

Amy · Married on 10/02/2015

We are delighted that we chose this venue for our big day! It is so beautiful in so many ways and has so many gorgeous elements. Planning was a breeze with Britt coordinating everything for the venue. She was an absolute joy to work with and was extremely helpful every step of the way. We planned our entire wedding from out of state, so her flexibility and understanding meant so much to us.It really felt like she cared about our wedding and it meant so much for us to work with someone like her and have a venue like the Tampa Garden Club.

Sent on 10/16/2015

John · Married on 09/15/2015

Just Absolutely Awesome People & Service!

Sent on 08/03/2014

Courtney · Married on 01/17/2015

Amazing venue! It was exactly what we were looking for in a location for our ceremony and reception. The garden was beautiful, the view over the bay is breathtaking. Britt and the team there were oh so helpful leading up to the day and the day of. If you are looking for a beautiful location that truly has it all, look no further!

Sent on 02/05/2015

Stan · Married on 05/03/2014

When my partner and I decided we would marry in NYC and have big reception in Tampa, we looked at several venues. After weighing the pros and cons, we both agreed on the garden club. The location and view can't be beat! The venue is comfortable and allows for great flow for your guest. The ballroom and Conservatory are blank slates waiting for your décor. I LOVED the fact that the venue offers the flexibility to bring your own caterer and even better... bar service. The staff was so accommodating and helpful. Britt was very accommodating with every requests. It was amazing to see the venue transform into a beautiful, magical venue. Them evening could not have been better. As guest arrive, the venue impresses with the beautiful décor of salon sets the tone for the entire event. The ballroom was large enough to accommodate 3 food stations, ample tables, dance floor, cake table and more. The conservatory was a great location for perception cocktails. The flow from the conservatory into the garden and patio worked very well. I have to say... do not let the daytime appearance fool you! The building comes to life at night and creates such a great ambiance and setting for any event. The grounds are great for outdoor entertaining. Another deciding factor for us was the ample, free parking. I would highly recommend using the Garden Club for your event. Let's face it... is there any place more beautiful views than Bayshore Blvd.

Sent on 09/26/2014

Alicia · Married on 11/02/2013

Tampa Garden Club was the first venue we visited, and we signed a contract on that day. The view is gorgeous, the layout was perfect for 110 people, and they have a great indoor option for ceremonies, which we ended up having to utilize because of rain on our day. The partnership between TGC and our vendors was seamless to me, and the day went by smoothly. I really liked the fact that the former library had been upgraded to a true bridal suite, which was fun for our getting ready pictures. Britt was a great point of contact to work with, she made us feel very comfortable in the review and contract process. We are so happy we chose to wed at the garden club, all of our guests thought it was beautiful!

Sent on 11/21/2013

Megan · Married on 05/11/2013

Very accommodating! Venue was everything I could've imagined. It was perfect.

Sent on 11/12/2013

Betty · Married on 10/26/2012

Sandra the coordinator was fantastic! Everyone was complimenting the food.

Sent on 11/30/2012

Nancy · Married on 09/15/2012

The Tampa Garden Club is the perfect venue for a Florida wedding. With amazing views of beautiful Bayshore Blvd. and gorgeous flowers everywhere it is a romantic paridise. The team at Ideal Design Events did such an amazing job decorating the venue! We had the perfect day!

Sent on 10/13/2012

Jessica Bell · Married on 01/16/2010

The Tampa Garden Club was perfect for our wedding! We had stunning views of the bay and were able to take pictures in the garden and on Bayshore. The venue is perfect for all size weddings and I would recommend it for any party or wedding!

Sent on 02/23/2010

Tina · Married on 11/19/2017

Wanda is a dream to work with and is very effective. She represents the Tampa Garden Club well. Our Sunday 1920’s theme Wedding was a hit with our guests— absolute perfect venue! Thanks for all the suggestions, walk-thrus, and attentiveness.

Sent on 12/20/2017

Tampa Garden Club's reply:

Tina, you and Jb were such a joy.! Thank you for choosing us and allowing us to share in your dream wedding!!!

Melissa · Married on 09/04/2016

I am over the moon with what a fabulous venue the Tampa Garden Club is! Everything about my September 4th wedding was amazing and Mrs. Wanda, the Garden Club manager, was there to help me along the way. She is so patient and answered all of my questions and let me view the venue any time with my vendors. If I could, I would do it all over again and still choose this venue. The ONLY thing I would say is a con would be that we would need a little more time for set-up or clean-up, 4 hours before the event and it felt a little rushed, but that's it! Being able to bring in all my vendors and being able decorate it how I wish, I was able to see my wedding vision come to life! Thank you, thanks you, thank you! :)

Sent on 09/15/2016