8 Reviews for Tall & Small Events

Rehearsal Dinner (1)
Partial Planning (1)
Cultural (1)
Religious (1)

My wedding day was the happiest day of my life, and I don’t think I could say the same without Elodie’s guidance on site. Elodie swooped in one week in advance and helped to hold all the details together, including coordinating with vendors and creating a more comprehensive day of timeline with a ceremony rehearsal before the guests arrived. It felt great to start off the wedding day with a solid plan of action in mind and total confidence in Elodie and her on-site assistant Tess to keep everyone organized, focused, and on track. Having that structure allowed me to enjoy the experience moment to moment in a way that would have been unimaginable had I not enlisted help from Tall & Small Events. I cannot thank them enough!!

Profile Picture joshua, 8/18/18, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

We were married on 9/16/17 in Montauk, NY and we have nothing but amazing things to say about the entire process with the T&S team.

We were not getting married at a venue where we could pick option A,B or C-we we’re getting married at a beach house that had multiple complexities and logistical constraints including 20 vendors, 2 cocktail hours, ceremony on the beach and reception in the backyard, and an after hours lounge back at the beach - top it off with 80 stairs between the house and the beach! T&S handled it all with ease.

Once we chose the vendors, T&S managed all communication with them including contracts, updating any new information and delivery info. They are extremely organized and know when to negotiate.

We had monthly, then weekly, then daily calls leading up to the day, and each time we had a detailed timeline that they developed based on our conversations and to ensure we had everything handled. We and they had deliverables that T&S would track. This was critical for us, and kept us sane - this process alone was worth the cost we paid for the 200 hours. They have tons of experience, so they know who to recommend if you decide 8 weeks before your wedding that you want a videographer or fancy Porto potties or back up generators a week before.

They also were great at assessing any risks. From making a rain plan contingency to reminding us to give a key to a friend just in case someone left something at our apartment.

They kept on track throughout the day as we were getting ready and through our photography sessions. People say the devil is in the details well they are angels with the details everything from placing our shawls and shoes by our seats after the ceremony waiting for us.

They stayed with us until the last vendor left and were up helping us clean the next morning. We trusted this team with our day and they did not disappoint. By the end of the experience we considered them, our fairy god sisters.

Profile Picture Diedra, 9/16/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

The girls at Tall & Small were highly recommended by our caterer’s Bonbite and we are so glad that they did. We couldn’t have imagined our day without the help of Elodie and Carina. From the moment we spoke with Elodie, we knew they were the right fit. In the run up to the day Elodie was so helpful with tips, hints, tricks and recommendations for other vendors. We hired quite a few vendors on her recommendation – all of which we were beyond happy with. They really have a little black book of some of the best in NY.

My mom and I decided that we needed a planner to help with the month of planning as I live abroad in the UK and I couldn’t ask my mom and dad to do any more than they already did so knew I needed a trusted pair of hands – which I found in Tall & Small Events. They were so great working with me, my now husband and mom to make sure we were all on the same page and happy.

So there is no other way to put it then Elodie and Carina kept us totally on track in the run up to the wedding making sure that we were on it and got us to think about things we didn’t even know we needed to think about! The girls were so great at calls and meetings in the lead up, ensuring that they clearly knew every facet of our vision to ensure they could bring it to life and let me tell you, they did!

They were totally on the ball, made sure every aspect of our day was perfect and made sure we and our guests thoroughly enjoyed ourselves – stress free! Everyone commented on how everything was so seamless – one of, if not THE best wedding they had been too and if it hadn’t been for T&S it would have been a disaster! How people plan their own weddings and deal with all the logistics and still enjoy their wedding, I will never know! If there is one thing you do for your big day, it should be to hire Elodie & Carina – the wedding wizards!

Profile Picture Lauren, 8/26/17, 12 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Non-Religious, Day-Of Coord., Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals, Ceremony, Reception, Rehearsal Dinner

Working with Tall and Small Events was such an incredible experience. As a professional in the wedding industry I knew that we needed the best possible team for my wedding at the New York Botanical Garden in the Bronx. Elodie and Carina handled all of the details for my wedding about 6-8 weeks leading up to our date which also included countless phone calls with my mother and I remotely as my mother and I live in two separate states.

As a bride, it's so important to have a team keeping you on track and having all of your ducks in a row on the big day and you can count on Tall and Small Events to cater to any size wedding or event. They kept our wedding both running smoothly and kept everyone happy the entire day. Our wedding happened to be on the larger size but I know they give the same attention to any size event.

I had one small, let's call it a "bride" moment where I realized I needed a turkey sandwich and it looked like they we were all out in the bridal suite. Elodie actually went to the hotel where my husband and the guys were and grabbed the last turkey sandwich for me from their stash! I was so happy and for some reason thought I needed a turkey sandwich at that moment and she did it all with a big smile:-)

I also loved seeing both Elodie and Carina immediately following the ceremony when they gave me a big hug and said you did it!

We really couldn't have done it without Tall and Small Events! Both my mother and I couldn't be happier with the wedding and how they helped us on my big day!

Profile Picture Andrea, 6/30/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Where to even start! Elodie and Carina are absolute superstars. The minute we first spoke with Elodie we knew she was THE ONE. She is so friendly, professional, organized, and so so SO good at her job. Preparing for the wedding, I'd heard the advice that, since it's almost inevitable that SOMETHING would go wrong on the day-of, I should try and keep in mind the big picture and not let little things that go wrong bother me too much. Well, this was 100% inapplicable on our wedding day because Elodie and Carina made sure that NOTHING, however small, went wrong. Everything was executed perfectly, all thanks to them. They anticipated and attended to our every need and want, and a thousand other things that didn't even occur to us. Not only are they extremely efficient and organized, Elodie and Carina truly care and go the extra mile-- for example, once the dance music started blaring, Elodie immediately went over to my grandmother (who was sitting up front, near the music and dancefloor) to make sure she could move somewhere where she would be more comfortable. We absolutely loved working with Elodie and Carina and whole-heartedly recommend Tall & Small Events. They will get the job done (and then some!) and keep you smiling through the process.

Profile Picture Heejin, 4/30/17, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Day-Of Coord., Non-Religious, Ceremony, Reception

At first, I was genuinely unsure as to whether it was worthwhile to hire a coordinator. It turned out to be the best decision we ever made. Elodie and Carina made our wedding 100% stress-free. I never could have expected our wedding to run so seamlessly; literally nothing went wrong and that's completely due to Tall & Small. The result was that we got to do nothing but enjoy our wedding, and that's how I'll get to remember it for the rest of my life. Rewinding a bit, Elodie was there with us every step of the way in the months leading up to the wedding, checking in regularly with emails and calls to stay on top of us. We're a little lazy so it couldn't have been more helpful to have to "answer to" Elodie about why we hadn't hired a certain vendor yet. She also talked us out of our plan to not hire a DJ and came up with a great recommendation which once again turned out to be the absolute perfect choice. To summarize, not only was it worth it to hire Tall & Small, but they were the single most important hire we made.

Profile Picture Bryan, 4/30/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

We had an absolutely wonderful experience working with Elodie at Tall & Small Events! We hired her about a month before our October wedding at The Foundry, once we realized that the first planners we spoke with were in above their heads. Our event had two ceremonies and many room flips, with seven parts total to the big long day.

Elodie's positive, can-do attitude about this aggressive timeline was so appreciated and reassuring. She was very well organized and communicative, and did everything she could to get us what we wanted and clearly explained why some of our ideas wouldn't work, which was necessary too.

On the day of the wedding, Elodie and her team were very professional and calm, and it was a pleasure having them around to guide us through the many complex steps of the day!

In summary, if they can handle our wedding, I think they can handle just about anything - I highly recommend you hire Tall & Small Events for wedding planning!

Profile Picture User6771718, 1+ year ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Cultural, Religious, Day-Of Coord., Partial Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals

Tall & Small Events were amazing!! I don't know what we would have done without them. We started working with them about a month before the wedding and they made everything leading up to the big day easy and stress free. They established a timeline, coordinated details big and small with all our vendors, and even took care of some last minute details the week before the wedding. On the day of the wedding, they really went above and beyond. There was no stress about anything because we knew that Tall and Small were there and had already planned for everything. They accomplished all this while remaining cool and relaxed throughout the whole thing. Really amazing! We highly recommend!

Profile Picture Ben, 6/19/16, 4 Reviews