Talk Of The Town Catering & Special Events Reviews

138 Reviews for Talk Of The Town Catering & Special Events

• O

Olivia · Married on 12/05/2020

Well Worth It! Will Customize

Talk of the Town won us over off their Mac and Cheese at a wedding open house. It was absolutely amazing and we knew we had to schedule a tasting. Once we scheduled a tasting and they agreed to make one of my favorite meals, it was a no brainer! My husband and i have been to many weddings and we notice that when people leave they talk about the food, dancing and how crazy the best man's speech is. So we knew we had to make the food our number one priority. And Talk of the Town did not disappoint. All of our guest enjoyed every bit of it, and they make enough for some to get seconds! The venue actually did not have a kitchen so Talk of the Town brought there own! They were fantastic and easy to work with! HIGHLY recommned!

Sent on 12/03/2020
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 10/19/2020

Yummy - Southern Style and Asian Food Combo

The food was amazing on our wedding day! We got so many compliments on how excellent the beef, stir fry station and mini desserts were :) Lindsey was our main point of contact and she was very responsive to our needs. We didn't have very much feedback on the day of the tasting because everything we ate was absolutely delicious. We needed gluten-free, vegan and some peanut free options for meals, and they we're very understanding and serious about catering to allergies. Thank you so much for all your help throughout the process and on our big day!!

Sent on 10/23/2020
  • Brielle

Brielle Folio · Married on 09/19/2020

Great food, great service

We used Talk of the Town for our wedding (cocktail hour and buffet) and it was delicious! Everyone loved the food, and they were really easy to work with, especially with all the changes COVID threw our way!

Sent on 10/03/2020

Sarah Wood · Married on 08/09/2020

Excellent food!

All of my guests raves about the food and the service. We had a cocktail hour with passed hors d'oeuvres and a seated buffet style dinner. They provided linens, china, glassware, flatware, and candles for the tables. They packaged up all the extra cake, as well as our top layer, and made us a takeaway bag with the appetizers and main course options. So good!

Sent on 08/23/2020

Talk Of The Town Catering & Special Events's reply:

Thank you for the review, Sarah! We are delighted to hear that you were so pleased with our service!
  • Cecilia

Cecilia Borgonovo · Married on 04/07/2020

Beyond excellent

These guys catered my wedding on September 12. I am a very detailed and strong minded bride. I even provided a French recipe for appetizer that they executed perfectly. There are no words to describe the service, taste of food, ease of working with them. They set up the tables flawlessly. The staff was perfectly trained. Susan was my point of contact and she never asked questions - she understood right away my style and my standards and basically independently with little input made the reception of my dream come true. She also handled all dining related vendors incredibly smoothly. Look no further for your event, this is where you go.

Sent on 09/21/2020
  • Ashley

Ashley Crawford · Married on 10/26/2019

Look no further, TOTT will make all your wildest wedding food dreams come true

We had a small wedding at a private home in North Georgia (30 people) and tried to find a local caterer but that proved to be so much tougher than we imagined, and when our wedding coordinator @southerncharmdetails (also amazing!!!!) recommended we use TOTT (based out of Roswell) I was a little skeptical at first, but it turned out to be one of the absolute best decisions we made! They apparently cater weddings in North GA pretty often, and the pricing was very reasonable especially considering the travel and the fact that it was a sit down steak dinner. I can’t stress just how far above and beyond they went. We coordinated with Maria who was so sweet and extremely responsive, and bent over backwards to make sure we had exactly what we wanted. And then the day of the ceremony, a decision was made to move the ceremony up 1.5 hours due to the rain, and although we certainly did not expect the catering schedule to change, they bumped everything up (in the pouring rain no less) and were the absolute most professional, lovely people. Not to mention, the food!!! It was absolutely delicious, and all of our guests are still commenting that it was the best wedding food they’ve ever had and how impressed they were with the service. I didn’t even find out until a couple of days after the wedding that the oven had stopped working and they were able to work around it seamlessly, not worrying anyone with it! They also left the house spotless when they were done. I will always remember the TOTT team as a highlight of the wedding :)

Sent on 11/05/2019

Talk Of The Town Catering & Special Events's reply:

Thank you Ashley! We are delighted that you are so happy with our services! Thank you for the amazing review! :)
  • Marirose

Marirose Allen · Married on 09/21/2019

Foodies - Look no further!!

My husband and I are foodies - like we dream about our next meal kind of foodies. We've heard so many stories about guests having low expectations when it comes to wedding food and knew we couldn't allow that at our wedding. We did so much research and found so many caterers that just didn't have the value.

So cue Talk of the Town. I worked with Susan (my forever girl) extensively to pick out our menu. It felt like such a tailored experience and she really understood our desire to connect our seated guests over delicious food. Our tasting was out of this world. You can tell the chefs are passionate about their creations and really get excited to talk about the food. And being Italian - we absolutely loved that. Guests were raving about our food. And so - yes, we ate at our wedding! The steak - a perfect medium rare (we asked for that). The chicken - perfectly seasoned and moist. And don't even get me started about out smashed potatoes! Amazing. It was such a proud feeling to have not just had "wedding food" - we had a true culinary experience at our wedding.

If you're not convinced at this point, let me say working with Talk of the Town was a total breeze. Susan was so professional, a total foodie and so sincere. The company provides a great value and our food was absolutely exceptional. I can't wait for our next event with Talk of the Town!!! Thank you so much.

Sent on 10/28/2019
  • Emily

Emily · Married on 07/27/2019

Could not be happier!

Talk of the Town was amazing from start to finish. Georgina was our catering lead, and we also hired her as our day-of coordinator. She was INCREDIBLE and worked with me to handle every tiny detail, from compostable plates to adding in the table linens 5 days before the event. She made sure we had tons of options to fit our budget. On the day of the wedding the food was delicious, the service staff were very friendly and helpful, and the display was beautiful. Guests could not stop talking about how great everything was! Georgina made our dream wedding vision come to life, all while maintaining a calm, comforting, and professional demeanor. I would hire them again and again.

Sent on 08/01/2019

Madison · Married on 06/22/2019

TOTT helped when it wasn't their fault

Our ceremony location messed up our contract which resulted in us having to move venues, dates, and changing our catering company. Even though there was miscommunication on my family's end, TOTT returned the deposit, despite the fact that it was not TOTT's fault. Overall, the stress of having to replan my wedding on a smaller budget due to lost deposits was lessened since TOTT helped us.

Sent on 12/31/2018
  • Nicole

Nicole · Married on 06/22/2019

Best BBQ in Town

Georgina and the crew did an absolutely amazing job with our wedding. The entire process was smooth, email responses always prompt and the day of execution was flawless. We had pulled pork and bone in chicken. Look no further for the BEST macaroni and cheese and spicy succotash in Atlanta. Bartenders were included in our package as well and they were great not to mention it was easy having catering and bartending all handled under one company. We HIGHLY suggest having them for your event - they are worth every penny!

Sent on 07/25/2019

Helen Stine · Married on 05/25/2019

From start to finish...TOTT was incredible!

From start to finish for our son and daughter-in-law's wedding, working with TOTT was an incredible experience. Special thanks to Maria for leading us through the process and guiding this extremely talented and professional team. For the reception, Ryan, the chef, created wonderful appetizers and desserts and 3 magnificent stations to represent cuisine from the bride and groom's favorite travels - Jamaica, New Zealand, and The South. The staff were impeccably professional and courteous, and the presentation was just beautiful. People at the wedding continuously commented on how much they loved the food and how impressed they were with the TOTT team. Thank you for creating the memories of a lifetime. We will never forget your guidance throughout the planning process, your flexibility, your attention to detail, your creative input, your patience, and the overall results!. Most of all, we always felt like we were the most important customer in the world--thank you TOTT!

Sent on 05/29/2019

Brittany Olszeski · Married on 11/10/2018

Best Decision

Choosing TOTT for our wedding catering was a fantastic decision! Awesome food & great service were very important factors for us, so I made sure to do a lot of research. Their high reviews speak for themselves! I can't say enough good things about Georgina - she went above & beyond to make our special day run smoothly. Also, I still have family talking about how good the food was. Thank you to everyone!

Sent on 11/28/2018
  • W

Whitney Hardwick · Married on 10/28/2018

Great food and great service

Again Maria from Talk of the Town and Silver City Farms knocked it out of the park by catering our wedding! Phenomenal service and phenomenal food!!!

Sent on 10/31/2018

Kathleen DeMesquita · Married on 10/27/2018

Amazing Vegan/Plant Based Wedding

We planned our wedding in literally 3 weeks! Our wedding planner recommended Talk of the Town and they exceeded our expectations. They were more than willing to accommodate our tight calendar beginning with arranging our dinner food tasting w/chef consultation. The chef was creative, inventive and enthusiastic about creating our wedding menu tailored to our plant based vegan lifestyle. Our guests raved about the food and most went back for seconds! The team was professional and friendly. Stephanie was fantastic! She made sure the service execution was flawless down to every detail. As vegans we were very pleased with the cost and found it to be a great value. We highly recommend TOT for any event--especially those that are once in a lifetime....and vegan:-)

Sent on 11/24/2018
  • Kayla

Kayla · Married on 10/27/2018

Maria is amazing!

From taste testing to cake cutting and everything in between, Maria and TOTT were incredible. Everyone raved about the food/setup and the overall meal, and we couldn't have been happier. Thank you so much for making this day delicious and unforgettable!

Sent on 12/26/2018
  • Kelly

Kelly · Married on 10/04/2018

Made my wedding dream come true!

I have to say that Talk of the Town was the best! Great food and best of all, Kyle, was awesome with everything! She made the whole planning experience easy, especially for an out of town bride. The pricing was not bad at all for everything we got and the attention and professionalism was top notch! I would recommend anyone to use Talk of the Town and the venue of The Chimneys at Big Canoe was wonderful. Loved it!

Sent on 02/10/2019
  • Mitchlin

Mitchlin · Married on 09/08/2018

Professional, Patient and Amazing food choices for any event.

I contacted this company three weeks before my event and they were able to do it for me. I was impressed with how Georgina was able to ask me questions to determine what my best food options would be to help me in such a short time and catered to my Caribbean American guest. I had an amazing tasting from what we discussed and everything was amazing for my event. All of my guest was very impressed with the food. Thanks Georgina and team for great food!!

Sent on 10/21/2018

Blakely · Married on 07/20/2018

I couldn't have asked for a better catering vendor. Georgina was always there during the planning process to make sure all of our questions were answered and that our catering experience would be exactly what we wanted. On top of the that, the food is SO GOOD! When we had our tasting, we instantly fell in love and we couldn't stop talking about how excited we were for the wedding just so we could eat the food again! During the reception, everything was taken care of and our guests and bridal party kept complimenting the food and how great it was. I would highly recommend Talk of the Town to anyone who doesn't want to worry about something going wrong or not being exactly how you want your food and catering experience because they will be sure to keep it going smoothly and keep your guests happy. Thank you TOTT!!

Sent on 07/30/2018

Amanda · Married on 05/05/2018

We used Talk of The Town to cater our wedding and were blown away by their amazing service and absolutely delicious food! We had a fairly large wedding of 200 guests and we have since heard from a vast majority how wonderful the food was (and several commented it was the BEST food they'd ever had at a wedding)!

We worked with Georgina to plan big our day. She set up a tasting for us several months prior to our wedding and once we left, we knew we were going to use TOTT. Georgina was extremely helpful and responsive from the very beginning. The staff at the wedding were all so professional and polite. We truly couldn't have been happier with their service!

Thank you so much TOTT for making our day so special!!!

Sent on 06/04/2018

Brian · Married on 04/27/2018

We used Talk of the Town for our wedding and they did a phenomenal job! They work great at Little River Farms.
    Professional from start to finish and everyone was complementing the food from our wedding.

Sent on 05/15/2018

Jeanne · Married on 04/07/2018

My son and his wife's wedding this past Saturday was just perfect with Talk of the Town's help. The staff was very professional, food and drinks were perfect. Couldn't have asked for better! Guests have asked for the contact info for them as well. Thank you!!

Sent on 04/12/2018

Rachel · Married on 04/07/2018

Highly recommend Talk of the Town. The staff and planner were wonderful and very professional, the food was phenomenal, and everyone walked away happy and full. We received so many compliments from guests.

Sent on 04/15/2018

Mary · Married on 02/24/2018

We used Talk of the Town for our Wedding this past February. It turned out fantastic!! We had Mac'N Cheese Ball and Tomato Soup Shooters w/ a grilled cheese wedge for our past Passed Hors d’Oeuvres and people could not stop talking about how great they were!! And I agree, those were probably my favorite:) Dinner was fantastic as well, servers were polite, the presentation looked great and most importantly, the food tasted fantastic!!

Sent on 03/08/2018

D · Married on 10/21/2017

TALK of the TOWN Put on one awesome display of gourmet food, and sprits last weekend (10/21) At the Wheeler House in Ball Ground GA for our daughters and son-in-law’s wedding reception!
    Countless guests commented on how delicious the food was. Many people ask who the caterer was.
    You definitely scored some big points with a lot of guests. Your staff was very efficient and professional.
    From setting up the tables to serving the food to pouring the sprits to keeping glasses of water filled at all times to clearing the Table of the dishes. From beginning to end it was a perfect experience. Please thank the staff that was providing for the Brown/Tippins Reception at the Wheeler House in Ball Ground GA on 10/21. They were amazing!!!

Sent on 10/25/2017

TOTT's food was all anyone could talk about at our wedding! We did BBQ and people were raving about their Mac & Cheese - saying it was life altering (it was!). They were really easy to work with and made adjustments to their menu to fit our needs. Food was amazing from start to finish!

Sent on 10/13/2017