The Barn at Wight Farm Reviews

11 | Sturbridge, MA

11 Reviews for The Barn at Wight Farm

Laura · Married on 08/23/2019

Amazing rustic venue!

We booked the Barn at Wight Farm over a year in advance to secure our wedding date. It was the best choice we've ever made! Even with a few staffing changes along the way, Danielle the Sales Manager was so helpful and sweet throughout the entire process. The day of the wedding, Alex was so organized and Meghan was an awesome bridal assistant! The venue itself is so beautiful on its own and everyone absolutely raved about the food and service. We had the perfect wedding day! If you are looking for a reasonably-priced rustic venue that won't throw you any surprises - this is for you. They truly care about their couples and want to ensure they make your day wonderful - that is their #1 priority. I would recommend this venue to anyone and everyone! It was perfect.

Sent on 09/05/2019

Renée R. · Married on 05/03/2019

Simply beautiful and professional!!

The barn staff was truly a pleasure! We were passed on to 3 different event managers due to personal reasons and career changes and the changes seemed flawless! The staff were detailed and efficient and very professional leading up to our day and the day of they were detail oriented and always a step ahead which allowed us to relax and enjoy!! Even when all was said and done they picked up and packed meticulously! Simply amazing!!!

Sent on 06/02/2019

Michaela · Married on 08/24/2018

I got married here last weekend, and I cannot say enough about how wonderful everything was. The staff were organized, communicated well, and very accommodating. They really think of everything, and they were so pleasant and genuine that we felt completely at ease from the time we looked at the venue a year ago, and throughout the year before our big night. Communication between the barn to other venues was clear and consistent. Everyone was on the same page. We didn't even know that we would have our own personal server throughout the night that would take care of anything we wanted or needed!
    The environment of the barn, grounds, and ceremony space is elegant, well cared for, and intimate. I think the one thing I would suggest (if I were just knit-picking) would be that the lighting in the bridal suite isn't the best for photos. That being said the bridal suite was clean and relaxing. There are many places to take photos throughout the grounds, as well as a little garden right across the street.
    We are still getting compliments about the food! Everything was delicious, served hot, and in a timely manner. The table and bar service was excellent. You can easily tell that the staff here is treated well, and that they are very happy to work there.
    All in all if I had to do anything over I wouldn't change a thing. Thanks to everyone at the Barn for making us feel relaxed and well cared for!

Sent on 09/03/2018

Sarah · Married on 05/09/2018

Danielle was amazing to work with! She made herself readily available whenever my now husband and I had a question or concern. The barn itself is beautiful and if you are looking for a rustic atmosphere, this is the place for you. Our wedding was 110 people and that was a perfect size for the space, so weddings with a smaller size will fit beautifully without guests feeling too cramped. We also used the Alphaeus Wight Room for our ceremony space and it was a perfect backdrop with post and beam ceilings and wood floors. The food was amazing!! My guests are still talking about it! Can't say enough good things!!

Sent on 06/08/2018
  • Kristy

Kristy · Married on 10/06/2017

We were married on 10/6/17 at The Barn at Wight Farm - I cannot begin to describe what a beautiful venue this place is. Marie Flavin made the planning process a breeze! She was easy to reach, answered emails fast and left no questions unanswered. Danielle was amazing the day of the rehearsal and the day of the wedding. Your staff is hands down awesome. The food was delicious, my guest loved everything! The bridal suite is breathtaking. The well manicured grounds offer so many photo opportunities! We opted to have our ceremony in the newly acquired ceremony space - The Alpheus Wight Room - and I am SO glad we did. Even though fall in New England is beautiful, it is also unpredictable. Having the two locations made everything even that more special. I am sad that it has gone by so quickly since we did have a two year engagement, so lots of time for planning. But it was worth every second. <3 I cannot wait to have date nights at your restaurants in the near future!!

November 2015: I had my first consultation with Dakota Tunley, the Events Coordinator for T 2 Chefs & Catering. I will be having my wedding ceremony and reception at their facility, The Barn at Wight Farm, on October 6, 2017! Dakota is amazing. Very thorough with questions and answers, responds very quickly, and was a pleasure to meet with! I cannot wait to plan my wedding and will update my review!

Sent on 11/20/2015
  • Kristin

Kristin · Married on 03/29/2014

Exceptional Experience (Despite a Wedding That Didn't Happen)

I was supposed to have my wedding at the Barn at Wight Farm this fall. Then COVID-19 happened. After the announcement of Reopening Phase 3 left us reeling, we ultimately decided to cancel our event and get married privately. That said, we have some parting thoughts for anyone considering the Barn at Wight Farm:
    1- The team is super responsive. They let us come by to take engagement photos (when there was not an event happening), worked with me to schedule time to pop in with family members so that they could see the venue, etc... Each time I had a request, Danielle would respond quickly with options so I could plan and make something work.
    2 - The food is incredible. We chose the Beef Wellington and Chicken Parmesan during our tasting and both were delicious. I've been saying for months that if the food is as tasty on the day of the event as it was in our tasting, it will be the best "wedding food" I have ever had. You never get to try the food before you choose a venue, but you will not be disappointed with the food from Table 3. As they told me: they were a restaurant group before they were a wedding venue.
    3 - In times like this, it's hard to know who you are contracting with or what to expect. The team at Table 3 has been transparent, flexible, and reasonable when COVID prevented us from having the wedding we had planned. They did right by us every step of the way and we plan to frequent their restaurants at every chance to make it up to them. We will likely mark the day we were supposed to get married by going to one of their restaurants and toasting to the celebration that might have been.
    The Barn is beautiful, rustic, well-landscaped, has plenty of parking, and is easy to get to. We are heartbroken that we won't get to have the party we planned because we know that they would have exceeded every expectation.

Sent on 07/07/2020

Katie · Married on 09/03/2016

We recently had our wedding at The Barn and couldn't have asked for a better day. The entire staff went above and beyond to make sure our wedding day was perfect. Dakota helped us every step of the way. From booking, to our food tasting, to the last minute details, she made sure we had everything ready to go. On the wedding day we got to work with a fabulous woman named Danielle. She helped us with everything from making sure everyone was where they needed to be, to making sure our drinks were never empty, to re-tying the bow on my wedding dress. She was there to make sure we had the best time possible, and we certainly did! Everyone went out of their way to make sure everything was perfect. I cannot speak highly enough about the amazing staff!

The Barn is also a gorgeous New England venue. The post and beam structure make it the perfect place for a rustic/ cozy wedding. It looks amazing in pictures too!

Our favorite part of working with T3 Chefs was definitely the food. Our guests are still talking about how good it was. It's unlike any wedding food we have ever had. It really is restaraunt food. My mouth is watering thinking about it.

If you are looking for a great venue in Central MA this is it! My only complaint is our wedding day had to end. Thank you to the wonderful T3 Chefs team for making it all possible!

Sent on 09/30/2016
  • Michelle

Michelle B. · Married on 10/27/2019

3.0
      3.0

Great food, great service, not enough time.

My wedding was held on 10/27/2019 at 5:30 to end at 11:00. I just don’t feel like that was enough time for myself and my guests to fully enjoy the place, ceremony was held on the premises and I just felt rushed through the whole night! It ended up pouring rain on my Sunday afternoon wedding and I was kind of out of options as os places to take my pictures. They should have outside tents if they know weather will be bad for the bride and groom to be able to use all of the space for photography. The bridal suit was a great add-on feature and it helped having a place to “take 5” in...but the more I think about the more I feel like they should have also had a place for the grooms side of the weeding party to hang out at...maybe that’s just me. But what’s good for one, it’s good for everyone else involved! I had 98 guests but only 85 came. I wasn’t offered the rest of my paid meals to take home (I was given only 2) or to my bridal party and I find that an outrageous amount of money paid for nothing to show for. I would have hoped for the meals given to my wedding party to take with them or a voucher for a dinner at a different time. Something. Also, the wedding coordinator took too long to bring out my wedding cake topper and I actually never gotten it back and that’s heart breaking! But besides all of these hiccups, all of my attending guests ABSOLUTELY LOVED THE FOOD AND LOVED THE VENUE. Grounds are beautifully kept and it’s all clean and the staff was also great! Thank you Danielle and Kristen for everything.

Sent on 11/06/2019

Caitlin · Married on 06/18/2016

3.8
      2.5

We got married at The Barn at Wight Farm, a venue owned by T3 Chefs and Catering. The pros: The food was delicious! Everything we tasted at the tasting was excellent. We went with the filet, Tuscan herb roasted chicken, and pasta primavera. People are still talking about how delicious the food was. The staff was all so nice and helpful the day of. You are expected to take most everything home the night of the wedding but the staff worked quickly and efficiently to pack everything up so it wasn't a problem. The Barn is a beautiful location. We had our ceremony outside on the patio and the reception inside. The inside gives a rustic but modern feel. There is a beautiful bridal suite downstairs that can be used to get ready and store the bridal parties belongings throughout the night. They were very flexible allowing us to make changes up until the last minute. The cons: The communication leading up to the wedding was poor. We would not get responses to our e-mails for weeks and would have to send it again before getting a response. The response we got back wouldn't answer all questions in our e-mail. Calling by phone often lead to phone tag which was also frustrating. We got different answers to questions throughout the process. We were told one thing at one meeting and at the next would be told something different. When we pointed it out it was often resolved. Other than the lack of communication, everything went well and it they did a fabulous job making it a perfect day! We would recommend T3 Chefs and catering and The Barn at Wight farm!

Sent on 07/11/2016

Caitlyn · Married on 09/24/2016

3.8
      2.5
      3.5

Dakota and her team were so great to work with for our September wedding! They were professional and even our guests commented on the great service. The venue is the perfect mix of rustic elegance and the food is amazing!

Sent on 12/21/2016