Sweetbay Photography Reviews

44 Reviews for Sweetbay Photography

• Jeff

Jeff Hopkins · Getting married on 04/06/2022

Proposal Shoot

Opal was incredible. I live in NYC and traveled to Napa Valley to propose. Opal was super responsive, worked with the winery to understand the lay out and delivered amazing pictures. All while enjoying our moment together. I would recommend Opal for any photography needs!

Sent on 09/08/2020

Sweetbay Photography's reply:

Thank you Jeff! I am honored to have been there to capture it. Congratulations and keep my posted if you come back to CA for your wedding :)

Sarah Showalter · Getting married on 10/24/2020

Amazing Photos!

Opal was amazing to work with! She photographed our "mini" ceremony as we had to change our big celebration to next year. She was great at communicating and was very easy to work with. She was calm and laid back, but very good at giving everyone direction and getting the job done. Our photos are incredible! Our friends and family that couldn't join have raved about them. She got all the photos done we had talked about and then some. The lighting was excellent and not over exposed in the photos. She is great to work with and we would definitely recommend her!

Sent on 09/18/2020
  • Bryan

Bryan Beckes · Married on 07/27/2019

I can't recommend Opal from Sweetbay Photography Enough

Opal was professional and she captured our day perfectly. I was blown away by her photography and she is so pleasant to work with.

Sent on 09/30/2019

Sweetbay Photography's reply:

Awe thank you so much Bryan! You guys were equally pleasant and your wedding was so much fun to capture!

Megan · Married on 06/15/2019

The very best

Opal was the best! She was able to get my niece and nephew to look at the camera and was very fast and efficient.

Sent on 06/24/2019

Stephanie Decicio · Married on 12/15/2018

Absolutely amazing!

Opal did both our engagement photos as well as our wedding photos. Opal was an amazing addition to our day and she took the most amazing photos! Could not have ask for a better photographer. She is extremely nice and attentive, and she captured every sweet moment possible. We will be using Sweetbay Photography for all of our photoshoot needs in the future. Thank you, Opal!

Sent on 12/30/2018

Sue · Married on 03/24/2018

We were so happy with Opal! From the moment we met her, we knew we wanted her to take our wedding photos. She listened to what we were looking for and made us feel very at ease, as we were getting pretty stressed about booking a photographer. On our wedding day, she was awesome. She was calm and kind during some weather-related wedding day stress that had nothing to do with our photos, and we really appreciated her support and positive energy. Her photos are amazing. She stealthily got all of the photos we wanted. She captured our ceremony beautifully. Somehow, she was everywhere without seeming to be anywhere. We love our photos, and we highly recommend Opal!

Sent on 04/11/2018

Gillian · Married on 09/03/2016

Opal is absolutely wonderful! She was responsive and open to any questions/concerns/ideas that we had, and was very calm and easy-going throughout the entire process. On the day of, everything went as expected - she was on time and took all of the picture we wanted, and then some.
    Beyond that though, she is a great person to have on your team for what is possibly both the most wonderful and most stressful day of your life. She had all her ducks in a row and came completely prepared, she navigated the chaos that is our friends and family wonderfully (no small feat mind you) getting both our shots and accommodating many of those requested by guests, and pulled us away from our guests firmly but gracefully as needed (either to get the pictures we wanted, or because she could just tell we needed a minute). After specific photos were covered, she became, for lack of a better work, a ninja - she was everywhere and nowhere all at the same time. Not once did it feel like she was overbearing/in the middle of everything/in the way, yet every time I turned around she was somewhere new photographing away, even weaving her way through the dance floor, step-ladder and camera in hand. The last thing you want to do on your wedding day is worry, and you definitely won't have to worry about Opal. I couldn't have asked for better.
    Thank you Opal!!!

P.S. if you need a DJ also, ask Opal how to contact her husband. He is just as wonderful to work with, and I couldn't possibly have imagined two vendors working together more smoothly.

Sent on 09/15/2016

Victoria · Married on 02/05/2016

I hired Opal for my engagement photos and ultimately my wedding photos as well. We haven't received the wedding photos (it was only a few days ago), but we loved our engagement photos. She was the only photographer that didn't gouge me with ridiculously high prices. She is very professional, and really let us do what felt natural while taking the photos. I would highly recommend Opal and Sweet Bay Photography for any photography work.

Sent on 02/12/2016

We are thrilled with our wedding photos, and enjoyed working with Opal at Sweetbay Photography very much. She is very professional and the photos are excellent.

Opal is very experienced, and knew all the shots to take. We didn't want our photo session after the ceremony to last too long because we wanted to be able to participate in the cocktail hour with our guests. Opal was able to get all the shots we wanted, and finish in time.

Sweetbay Photography is also very reasonably priced, and a real bargain for the quality of work and the professionalism.
    We highly recommend Sweetbay!

Sent on 08/30/2015

Kit · Married on 06/20/2015

We had great fun with Ania, and love the photos!

Sent on 06/30/2015

danielle · Married on 09/27/2014

When we first met with Opal, we knew she was the one we wanted as our photographer. We were lucky to find out that she was still available for our wedding day as she was booking up fast for the season. The package we purchased, included an engagement session. She found us the perfect place for us to have our pictures done. She then sent us a disc of the pictures right away, we picked out a bunch of pictures, and she turned it in to our guest book for everyone to sign at the wedding. I loved this, and so did our guest.

Opal is very friendly, and professional, and she makes having your picture taken fun. She is also very good with kids, and has all the tricks to get them to look at the camera.

Our wedding pictures turned out great! Opal got the all the group shots we needed. She was able to get a lot of them done before the wedding as well, leaving only a few to do after the ceremony. She is very good about keeping on a schedule and is very accommodating. During the reception, she does an amazing job at getting all the great shots and capturing those memories for us. She is also detailed about getting shots of EVERYONE that was out our wedding.

We got our pictures back in about 3 weeks, she post everything online as well so the guest can view, download, and print them as well. What a great feature!

Sent on 10/31/2014

Erin · Married on 09/14/2013

Opal was so amazing during our wedding & helping us get ready for the big day. The pictures turned out wonderful & Opal really directed our bridal party into their positions to get the best pictures we've ever seen. We can't thank her enough for helping to make our day so special. I would recommend Opal to anyone for any special event they have.

Sent on 01/28/2014

Opal is so easy to work with and has such a great vision! My first experience with her was our engagement photo session, which was so much fun! The pictures looked flawless. She has a very fun and engaging personality which makes the sessions more enjoyable.

Sent on 08/13/2013

Sierra · Married on 06/30/2012

Every time I saw something that I wanted pictured, she was right there or had already gotten it. She has great energy and is extremely experienced and thorough.

Sent on 07/26/2012

Erica · Married on 05/19/2012

Opal is the most amazing wonderful photographer in the entire world! She made my wedding day memories come to life with her positive energy and breathing photograhpy. Below is a letter that I wrote Opal after I viewd my wedding pictures for the first time. On a side note my family and i will be using Opal for any and all of our photograhpy needs in the future!
    Hi opal! Ed and I just finished looking at our pictures! Breath taking to
    say the least! You are beyond the best! You truly captured every moment with so much passion, love, beauty! I can't say enough! You made it possible for our special day to live vividly in our memories forever! We love your props and especially the picture frame pictures! You brought everything to life! All the group pictures, individual pictures, family pictures, Ed and me pictures all are so wonderfully done! The angle, the lighting, the special effects, the artistic touches you added we love!! I'm truly blessed to have been lucky enough to have you shoot my wedding! I really could not have asked for anything more! I'm looking forward to having capture our future
    memories as well!! Thank you so much!!!

Sent on 06/14/2012

Debbie · Married on 05/19/2012

Opal did a beautiful job with the photography for my daughter's wedding as well as her engagement photos. She brought lots of props to the wedding which helped make the wedding and the photography fun and elegant at the same time. I love that she gave both sets of parents cd's of all the wedding pictures. Opal also did my grandson's 2nd birthday shoot and was able to take a sick, cranky little boy and make the pictures of him delightful!

Sent on 09/22/2012

Roxie · Married on 02/19/2012

Opal Was great , right from the start with great pricing to meet my budget also her day of performance with going way above and beyond was outstanding . Love her !

Sent on 03/14/2012

Summer · Married on 12/31/2011

Opal did an amazing job for our engagement photos and for our New Year's Eve Wedding. We loved that we were able to relive the night through the pictures. Her artistic eye made for some amazing photos and we absolutely love the color with black and white. I had guests tell me that she was so nice and welcoming, when she went around to the tables she was very polite and non intrusive. I also loved that she took so many pictures of the guests, I want them to be able to relive the night as well. I would definitely recommend Opal to anyone.

Sent on 01/24/2012

lauren · Married on 08/20/2011

Truly cant say one bad thing about Opal and her amazing photography skills. She and her assistant just shot my sisters wedding on saturday and my family and I couldnt be happier with her services. As a professional makeup artist I've done dozens of weddings and she is by far one of the best photographers Ive worked with. She was on time, quick to set up, great enegry the entire time, made everything flow perfectly with the schedule, and I know she got some amazing shots. Highly recommend her if you want a relaxed, skilled, and affordable photographer! Thanks Opal for making my sisters big day so special!!!

Sent on 08/22/2011

Kendra · Married on 05/22/2011

Opal did an amazing job on the photography for our wedding!! I am so very happy with the quality and variety of our pictures. Opal came all the way to Foresthill, far out of her way in order to be my photographer and I am so grateful and appreciative! She's so easy to feel comfortable with, which is really important when you're getting such important pictures taken. I highly recommend Opal, you will not go wrong by choosing her! Thanks Opal!!!

Sent on 06/07/2011

Matt · Married on 05/07/2011

Opal is amazing-she has a special touch that is hard to explain. I was recently the best man at my best friend's wedding and Opal made everyone comfortable and feel involved. She exhibited the highest standards of professionalism and excellence I have seen in a wedding photographer. Opal used unique techniques that really set her apart from others in the field. I wish her the best in her career.

Matt in Walnut Creek

Sent on 05/23/2011

Julie · Married on 05/07/2011

I absolutely loved having Opal as our wedding photographer. We met her first doing our engagement photos and she did a fantastic job getting my husband to relax, he can't smile on cue like most of us ladies. What can I say about our wedding pictures...pure fun. If you book Opal, definitely ask her to bring the props and the frame. Not only did she catch some fantastic moments of us, she entertained our guests. Great mixture of classic wedding shots with a modern twist to satisfy everyone.

Sent on 06/04/2011

Tiffany · Married on 05/01/2011

We are so glad we found Opal for our wedding photography. She is sweet and friendly and makes you instantly comfortable in front of the camera. One thing that I really liked is Opal was able to take AMAZING photos during the ceremony, and yet kept in the background so that my family was able to take pictures as well. She also went around and took pictures of all the guests, which was a nice touch. She kept it casual too, none of the pictures were stiff or uncomfortable. She had us running, jumping and laughing - she was truly able to capture the day. I would highly suggest her for your wedding photography!

Sent on 06/15/2011

Ashley · Married on 11/13/2010

Opal is absolutely amazing! The pictures are stunning and we could not be happier! She was professional and articulate with the guests for the group shots; everyone at the wedding was impressed with her technique! Opal was also very flexible and accomodating; I coordinated everything from Japan, and she was very willing to work with me even though we could not meet in person until the day of the wedding. She was truly a blessing and a pleasure to work with!

Sent on 12/16/2010

Griselda · Married on 11/06/2010

Beautiful!! Opal took sooo many wonderful pictures of our wedding we couldnt decide which ones to pick for our books! She is very unique in her work and captures every magical moment. We had 375 guest at our wedding and she got a shot of everyone at our wedding! Her style is very natural and the black and white photos are awesome! She is such a sweet person and easy to work with! We will definitly recommend her to anyone and we are keeping her in mind for any time we need pictures, She is also affordable and takes pictures just as good as people who charge 4 or 5 thousand dollars. You can tell she enjoys what she does and has fun!

Del Toro