Sweet Blossom Weddings Reviews

Sweet Blossom Weddings 5
Sweet Blossom Weddings 6
Sweet Blossom Weddings 7

Pippa · Married on 01/19/2019

SBW - awesome to work with! Highly recommend.

We were recently married in San Diego (Feb 2019) at Mary, Star Of The Sea Catholic Church and La Jolla Woman’s Club. I had been doing all the planning for the wedding and for a time went back and forth on whether a day of coordinator package was needed. If you are in that boat and wondering if spending the additional $1.5 - $2k is worth it, I would highly recommend going for it. The amount of stress it took off my plate was worth double the amount I paid.

I worked with Mackenzie who I cannot recommend enough. She was the perfect mix of being on top of her stuff but also flexible. Six weeks before the Wedding she took over interactions with Vendors. She chased down the ones that never picked up the phone or responded to emails. She coordinated who was bringing what and when. All these details that I never thought about but made the day go smoothly. When I changed my mind on a few items or wanted last minute adds, she made it happen.

Rehearsal: on the day of the rehearsal Mackenzie was there to run the show. I got to see the flower arrangement in the church and realized that we needed drapes for the pedestals. Mackenzie spent her Friday night running around to Michael’s and other shops finding drapes while I went off to the Rehearsal Dinner and enjoyed time with family and friends.

Day Of: As fate would have it, it torrentially poured the day of my Wedding. While I was getting ready, Mackenzie was at La Jolla Woman’s Club executing plan B for set up (the plan for rain). Mackenzie and I had at a high level discussed what we would do if it rained but not all the details. I never felt like I had to go to that level of detail because Mackenzie understood my style and what I was looking for. The setup looked amazing. Everything was pulled indoors and arranged beautifully. After the day of I heard that the caterer showed up with the Wedding Cake and had decorated it with carrots (it was a carrot cake). Mackenzie took one look at it and knew that wouldn’t work. She had the caterer go and fix it. Cake look gorgeous and I would have never known aside from being told later.

Kaitlyn was assigned to be by my side throughout the day. Kaitlyn showed up while I was starting to get ready and I was able to relax at that point knowing that all the small details were in her hands. She carried all my items, was getting things prepped for the photographer, keeping us on schedule, making sure I didn’t forget to bring anything. At one point during the day while we were out taking photos in the pouring rain I looked over at Kaitlyn who was making sure I was under an umbrella at all times. She was standing in the pouring rain getting soaked just to make sure we were getting the perfect artsy shot. She was great.

I could go on with more stories. I would choose them again in a heartbeat. Best of luck with your planning!

Sweet Blossom Weddings 11
    Sweet Blossom Weddings 12
    Sweet Blossom Weddings 13
    Sweet Blossom Weddings 14

Margaret · Married on 09/30/2018

SO glad we chose Sweet Blossom Weddings

We are so glad we chose Sweet Blossom Weddings to coordinate our wedding at The Scripps Seaside Forum in La Jolla. From the moment I spoke with Melissa on the phone to inquire about her services, I felt immediately connected to her. She has a great personality and is super easy to talk to!

We did the day-of coordination package. Melissa was so organized and communicative throughout the whole process to make sure we had everything in place for our wedding day. During our honeymoon, we found out that there were some issues where some of our rental items were misplaced pm our wedding night. Without hesitation, Melissa went above and beyond to resolve this matter while we were away - we were extremely grateful!!

Our package also included a bridal assistant, Katelyn - she was amazing!! She was by my side for most of the day. My dress got a little dirty while I was taking some photos before the ceremony and she came prepared with Shout wipes. One of my bridesmaid’s heel also broke off and she came to the rescue with super glue! She was there for anything and everything I needed. She made my wedding day stress-free!

Our wedding day was perfect because of the hard work and amazing service provided by Sweet Blossom Weddings - we highly recommend them!!

Melissa Guevara · Married on 09/22/2018

Highly recommend!!

If you haven't hired a wedding planner - look no further! Melissa and her team are absolutely amazing! Melissa is very knowledgeable and has a great vendor referral list. She is great to work with from the moment you hire her. We could not believe how hard she and her team worked on our wedding day to make everything perfect. Melissa was so on top of it and made everything run so smoothly. Because of her and her team, we were able to fully enjoy the wedding without having to worry about vendors, timing, etc. You will not regret hiring her! Thank you SBW!

Megan · Married on 09/15/2018

Sweet Blossom helped make all our dreams come true on our special day!

Melissa and her team at Sweet Blossom were so amazing!! After our first meeting with Melissa we knew she was going to be the perfect match for us especially since we were planning from a distance in Dallas. She was so helpful and always so quick to respond to any questions I had about vendors or details for the big day. I couldn't imagine ever planning our wedding without her and have a lifelong friendship now. On our wedding day Christina was a life savor she was there with everything I needed before I even asked for it and helped ease any stressful situations that arose. We were so lucky to have such an amazing team that made our day so unforgettable. I would recommend Sweet Blossom to any friend or family member getting married! Do not look any further for wedding planning services!!!

• Anne

Anne · Married on 09/08/2018

I am an older bride who was convinced I could manage my wedding day on my own, but started to worry as our date approached. I was so lucky I found Mackenzie Fultz and her team at Sweet Blossom weddings!! I selected day-of service, but received so much more than that. They thought of EVERYTHING, and provided a level of service that I had not imagined possible. We had a morning ceremony at the Park Hyatt Aviara, followed by a seated lunch, followed by a larger reception that evening at Il Fornaio in Del Mar, so it was quite a long day. Our Sweet Blossom team stuck with us the entire day and ensured that each event ran perfectly smoothly and on time, and smiled through it all! Mackenzie’s expertise, efficiency, organization and professionalism are unsurpassed, and her warmth and friendliness put us at ease and let us know we were in excellent hands. Tauri and Kaitlin assisted that day and I don’t know what we would have done without them as well. If I could give Sweet Blossom 10 stars, I would!!

Kimberly · Married on 07/14/2018

Cannot recommend enough! Book them!

Melissa and Sweet Blossom are the absolute BEST – would recommend 100 times over. My husband and I were married in July 2018 at Estancia La Jolla, and hired Melissa to help us plan (tier below full service planning). We could not be happier with the guidance and availability she and her team provided. They also knew the venue well, which was extremely helpful when we met with the on-site venue coordinator. Melissa brought a team of three on the day of, and we cannot imagine what we would have done without them. The entire day and night went smoother than I could have imagined. Thank you Melissa & the Sweet Blossom team for being so instrumental in the most special day of our lives!

Beth · Married on 07/07/2018

Thank you (and your team) for making Caroline and Jeff’s wedding absolutely flawless! It was truly magical and your help made their big day stress free for them - which as the MOB was my main hope! Brian and I were very impressed to return to our room to see that everything for the wedding that we had brought was already back in our room - it was like a team of magical elves had spirited everything back when we weren’t looking! We can't thank you all enough for your professional service and kind attention to every little detail!

Sent on 07/11/2018

Sweet Blossom Weddings's reply:

Thank you for your kind words Beth! It was so great working with you. We are happy you had a great experience!

XO Kat and SBW team
  • Jennifer

Jennifer Stromack · Married on 06/03/2018

THE BEST at what they do!

Melissa and her ladies with Sweet Blossom Weddings are pure gold... without them, I can't even imagine how we would have made it all happen! A friend at work told me the basics about how great SBW was for her own wedding, and I called Melissa the next day. From the moment I met her, I knew she was worth every penny. She was friendly, enthusiastic, and truly interested in me as a person, my (future) husband, us as a couple, and what was most important to us about our special day. When I asked if she'd be willing to travel to Lake Arrowhead, California for our wedding... she said, "I'd love to!" She even met us up a twisty mountain road at the venue in March for a tour and food/cake tasting in the extremely thick fog and snow. There were aspects that we were looking for that were different from most weddings, and she made it happen like you wouldn't believe!! We wanted a Sunday brunch wedding (which meant a very early morning), along with a lake-side beach BBQ that same evening with beach games and a fire-pit for a fun and relaxing evening. Melissa took everything in stride, and made our vision into an incredible reality. The two ladies she brought to assist with all of the details were friendly and sweet, bent over backwards to make sure we had whatever we needed, and the entire day ran like clockwork. I loved being able to bounce ideas off of them, loved that I had someone to turn to who was equally as excited and invested about our wedding as we were, and who was more than willing to go the extra mile to make it exactly what we were envisioning. She offers the use of Aisle Planner (a wedding planning website that made my organization COMPLETELY manageable!), and also provided several ideas for decor, vendors, and timeline alterations. Melissa was always approachable, supportive, and fun to work with through the planning process... but we truly couldn't have managed the actual wedding day without her. Everything was on time ( to the minute!), was set-up perfectly, and all of the Sweet Blossom girls remained calm and composed for the whole day. By far, having a wedding planner/coordinator was the best money we could have ever spent (not only for the quality of the day, but also for saving our sanity), and going with Melissa was the icing on the cake!! We've already referred her to other friends, and have been in their weddings... which were also amazing! She's a gem, and I truly adore her as a person. Book her!... you surely won't regret it.

Sweet Blossom Weddings 15
    Sweet Blossom Weddings 20
    Sweet Blossom Weddings 21
    Sweet Blossom Weddings 22

Megan · Married on 05/05/2018

We worked with Melissa Reinke for our May wedding at Estancia La Jolla - she was an absolutely dream of a wedding coordinator! She went above and beyond leading up to our wedding to ensure that we were aligned. There was a ton of coordination and communication involved with planning a San Diego wedding from New York and having such a seasoned expert like Melissa helping to keep us on track was an absolute lifesaver. Melissa is organized and incredibly detail oriented which gave us a ton of confidence leading up to our wedding. The day of the wedding, Melissa and her entire team were so helpful and anticipated our needs before we even knew we needed anything. My husband and I didn’t have to think about any logistics the day of the wedding which was incredible - we had the utmost confidence that everything would be executed as planned and it was! Melissa and team coordinated with all of our vendors to make sure they loaded/unloaded at the right times and made sure that everything was set up in our various spaces, while simultaneously making sure that the bride and groom had everything they needed throughout the day. We had a perfect wedding and so much of the success is attributed to Melissa. Thank you so much to Melissa and the Sweet Blossom team! We couldn’t recommend them more!

Sent on 07/08/2018

Sweet Blossom Weddings's reply:

Thank you Megan & Pete! It was a true joy working with you both for your special wedding day! Wishing you many years of happiness and love! XO, Melissa & SBW Team

Alexandra · Married on 04/21/2018

Melissa and her team were the absolute best!! Melissa was so organized and professional in our initial meeting and throughout the entire process. She really understood the theme and ideas we were going for and supported us during the weeks preceding our wedding. We purchased the Plum Blossom package and are so glad we did!! They coordinated our entire wedding day and allowed my new husband and I to just enjoy the best day of our lives. They were so resourceful, friendly, and positive. We were planning an out of state “destination” wedding, which can be tricky, but thank goodness Melissa and her team were there to help facilitate the planning process! There wasn’t anything that Melissa wasn’t involved in and I fully put my trust in her for my wedding day. Sweet Blossom Weddings comes highly recommended by us!! We love them!

Nikita · Married on 04/01/2018

I don't even know where to begin. Melissa and her team at Sweet Blossom Weddings was the best decision we made in our wedding planning process. Not only did she have an established relationship with our venue, the Park Hyatt Aviara, which made decision making a breeze, but she was just so there for me during every step of the way during this incredibly daunting process. I live in New York, so we brought her and her team on as full service planners for a destination Indian/fusion 2-3 day wedding. She pointed me in the right direction for things I didn't care too much about and backed me up when I needed it throughout and really brought my vision to life with the vendors we locked in. They were so professional and buttoned up leading up to and the weekend of. I felt like I was their only client the whole time, knowing full well that I'm not - that's the sign of a good planner who comes at an amazing value. No need to think about it - hire them for your wedding!

Sent on 06/24/2018
    Sweet Blossom Weddings 23
    Sweet Blossom Weddings 24
    Sweet Blossom Weddings 25
    Sweet Blossom Weddings 26
    Sweet Blossom Weddings 27

Sweet Blossom Weddings's reply:

Awe, thank you Nikita for the nicest review! I loved working with you for your special day and helping make it everything you dreamed it would be! It was truly a perfect wedding and one I will always remember! Thank you for hiring us to be a part of it all! Wishing you both many years of love and happiness always! XO, Melissa & SBW team

Gracie · Married on 03/24/2018

Melissa was my month of coordinator for our March wedding at Estancia La Jolla. Although I was very much a "do it yourself" kind of bride, I really trusted Melissa to carry out everything on my big day. She was very reachable in the months leading up to the wedding and offered great (and often cost-saving) advice and vendor recommendations. The wedding planning software she uses is awesome - it helps you organize everything (and share info with her) and has a huge to do list so you don't forget anything. She touched base with all of my vendors leading up to the big day and helped make sure everything was in order. On the wedding day, I didn't have a worry in the world knowing Melissa and her team had everything handled. Everything was incredibly organized, from help getting ready and getting the venue set up, to every gift and envelope back in our hotel room as organized as can be. If you are looking for a coordinator (and you should be... don't think you can handle EVERYTHING on your wedding day) look no further than Melissa and her team. This is especially true if you are getting married at Estancia - they do a ton of weddings there and really know the place inside and out.

Christine · Married on 10/28/2017

Charm & her team exceeded my expectations for our San Diego wedding at Loews Coronado. Even before we signed a contract, Charm was easily accessible and always willing to help with vendor referrals (we found an incredible florist through her referrals). We purchased the month-of coordination package which was perfect for us and our 180 person wedding/reception. In addition to confirming logistics & details with our vendors, Charm plotted out the timeline of our wedding day which was one of the toughest jobs! She made sure all vendors (especially the photographer) were happy and everything ran incredibly smoothly on our wedding day! If something went wrong, I still don’t know about it and it has been almost 3 months! The bridal assistants that come with the package are so helpful—they have everything you can think of from deodorant to Band-Aids and were by my side all day long making sure I ate lunch & dinner and stayed hydrated. Charm was in charge of our reception and made sure we were staying on time—she liaised with all of our vendors and was great about giving me updates quickly throughout the course of the day. SBW was the best choice for us and we couldn’t be more grateful for their help. Thank you!

Sweet Blossom Weddings 28
    Sweet Blossom Weddings 29
    Sweet Blossom Weddings 30
    Sweet Blossom Weddings 31
    Sweet Blossom Weddings 32

Bri · Married on 07/28/2017

There are no words to describe how happy we were with the girls from SBW. Kat was honestly the best coordinator ever! She was so attentive from our first meeting to our wedding day. I literally had nothing to stress about because it was all handled for me by Kat and her team. I would highly recommend using them for your wedding!

Nina · Married on 07/02/2017

Melissa and her team are AMAZING. I hired Melissa pretty early in my planning process (first month/last month package) as my fiance and I had a long engagement. I knew I wanted to plan a lot of the wedding, but wanted help along the way, and of course needed someone to be the day-of coordinator. Melissa was everything we could have wished for and more! She was super helpful and responsive to all my questions through the planning process, and gave me great vendor suggestions, a very detailed timeline and tips throughout. The few months before our wedding, she was absolutely phenomenal. She followed up with all vendors (we had a lot because we brought in food/rentals etc), and thought of details that I wouldn't have thought of. I also rented several items from her, and she even purchased these great table numbers that I wanted but didn't necessarily want to buy and have to deal with afterwards. She made the whole process such a breeze. The day of, she sent the sweetest bridal assistant, Olivia, for me who basically catered to whatever I needed (like making sure I had food on the wedding day). Melissa, Olivia and the team at SBW all had fantastic energy. I knew I wanted someone who was calming and cool under pressure and her whole team is incredibly organized and sharp, but completely relaxed and cool on the exterior. I was very impressed and appreciated it so much on our wedding day. I would recommend Melissa, Olivia and Sweet Blossom Weddings in a heartbeat!

Sent on 07/10/2017

Sweet Blossom Weddings's reply:

Thank you for your review, Nina! We loved working with you on wedding day and throughout the wedding planning process. Your wedding was perfect in every way! Congrats again to you both!!

Amy · Married on 06/24/2017

Melissa and her team at SBW are AMAZING!!! I wish I could give more stars than 5/5 because they made our whole wedding process from start to finish an absolute dream! I started working with Melissa early on in our engagement and she was so sweet and easy to talk to! We spent an hour on the phone even before I sent in my deposit just talking about my vision and dreams for my day and she helped them come to life! She was so responsive over email and phone calls, came to my tasting and extra meetings at the venue to make sure everything was on lock down, and made our whole day go so smooth and seamless it was incredible! ALL of my guests came up to me after the wedding and said it was the most organized, seamless wedding they've ever been to--and I told them it was my coordinators who made it all happen! Her girls were SO sweet and helped me carry my dress and fluff my veil through hours of photographs, and even took polaroids of my guests for me before the wedding! They're all so wonderful and extremely professional! My family and I were so appreciative because Sweet Blossom Weddings made our wedding a FUN day, not a stressful day!!!! I recommend Melissa and her team to every bride!! Definitely one of the best decisions I made in my entire wedding process :)

Sent on 08/26/2017

Sweet Blossom Weddings's reply:

Thank you so much Amy! It was so great working with you and Michael for your wedding! We loved the way everything turned out so beautifully! Congratulations again to you both! xo

Jena · Married on 04/22/2017

HIGHLY RECOMMEND!! My husband and I are recently married (April 2017) and we are THRILLED to give Melissa Reinke and her team at Sweet Blossom Weddings a GLOWING review. She is absolutely wonderful to work with!

My husband and I planned the wedding in San Diego while living across the country and working full time in Massachusetts, so we booked the Cherry Blossom Package (full service) and Melissa was absolutely invaluable to us. We hired her about a year before our wedding date after we had already secured a venue but we needed her help with everything else, including music, lights, decorations, florals, and desserts. She's very professional, but also awesome and personable! She was extremely responsive to our emails and made time for phone calls or video chats whenever we needed her. She gave us great options of vendors to choose from within our budget and helped us navigate phone interviews, tastings, and contracts VERY easily. She kept us on track AND on budget and helped us to get exactly what we wanted based on what was important to us on our special day.

In terms of the wedding day, her team was an absolute dream. She and an additional assistant handled the entire set up and break down of everything and an additional bridal assistant stayed with me and the girls to help solve any logistical issues or get us anything we needed. The bridal assistant was a wonderful addition to our day. I had ZERO stress day of and ZERO problems to solve, so I could completely enjoy the whirlwind. Plus, my bridesmaids loved it because they too could enjoy the day with me without being too busy with problem solving on my behalf. The day was truly seamless and we are so grateful to Melissa for helping to plan and orchestrate the wedding of our dreams!!

Randi · Married on 03/25/2017

Melissa and her team are amazing! I'm so happy we hired Sweet Blossom to help us with our wedding! I purchased the Apple Blossom package (first month-last month coordination) and it was well worth the investment. Melissa was so easy to work with, very professional and organized, she listened to every concern I had, gave great recommendations, was always prompt to answer emails or take a phone call to help ease my stress of all the little wedding details and planning. I had 100% trust that our wedding day would be run seamlessly because of her...and it did! So seamless that we were ahead of schedule most of the night! Melissa and her team made the wedding day so stress free that we (and our family) got to really enjoy the whole day without having to worry about anything. I received a lot of compliments on how well organized and on top of things Melissa and her team were. I highly recommend hiring SBW to help coordinate your wedding! You won't be disappointed!

• Michelle C.

Michelle · Married on 02/04/2017

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!
    I am so glad we put our trust in Melissa Reinke and the Sweet Blossom Wedding team to coordinate our wedding. Not only are they super ORGANIZED, PREPARED, and PROFESSIONAL, but also SWEET, CARING, SUPPORTIVE, and GENUINE. They encompass everything you want in a wedding coordinator!! Melissa and her assistants were prepared with each minute detail of the day, from the ceremony to the reception, to the décor and the gifts. She even made sure that all the valuable items of the day remained safe and secure (which was extremely important to me). Her team is able to handle any situation that might arise on your wedding day.

Melissa and her team are worth the investment!! They are passionate about their work, and will make sure you are 110% IN LOVE with your wedding! Even my family members and friends commented on how motivated, engaged, and on top of things throughout the day! Words can’t express how thankful I am for Melissa and her team for making our wedding day so incredibly special and memorable!!!

Sent on 04/08/2017

Sweet Blossom Weddings's reply:

Thank you, Michelle! We LOVED being part of your wedding! Thank you for including us. Best wishes for a lifelong happy marriage! xo

JEN · Married on 10/01/2016

We could not have been happier or in better hands with Sweet Blossom Weddings' expert organization, cheerful energy, awesome network of vendors, and top-notch execution of our entire wedding planning process and wedding day! Melissa is a joy to know and work with, and she really knows weddings. With Melissa we had the "ally" we needed to bring together our dream celebration, and she immediately became simply one of the best and most essential pieces of our wedding dream team, which she helped us assemble. SBW offers lots of different packages to suit different brides' and couples' needs, so if you need full service and design or if you're like us and really just need to know the ins-and-outs of wedding planning (how to structure and pull it all off), she's your gal and there 100%! On the day of our wedding, I felt absolutely joyful, calm, and able enjoy every moment, every guest, and every detail because I knew we were in such good hands. Melissa and her team are incredible, balancing the best and most professional services while managing to keep everything personalized, caring, joyful, and genuine while at it. My husband and I are so grateful to SBW!

Tan · Married on 09/03/2016

Melissa and Sweet Blossom Weddings were amazing! I initially wasn't sure how much value there would be in having a day of wedding planner but I am definitely glad that we hired SBW! We hired her off of a recommendation of one of our other vendors. Melissa and her team helped us coordinate things in the month leading up to our special day. She helped us communicate and coordinate all of our vendors for payment, the set up, and execution on the day. She was able to meet with us at the site a few days prior to discuss our plans for the lay out and flow of the day and gave us great input while still respecting our vision. On the day of, Melissa and her team seemed to be everywhere to take care of things and make the day run seamlessly without us having to worry about a thing! She kept us on track but was very flexible with any changes we had during the day. Her experience allowed her to anticipate things before anyone else and allowed us to have the wedding of our dreams! Her team was always very friendly, professional, and accommodating. I would definitely give her the highest recommendation to any couple even remotely considering a wedding planner. And if you aren't considering it, you should! As the groom, I was skeptical thinking we could do everything ourselves, but I am glad we had the SBW team there so that we could enjoy our day without any extra worries or stress! Thank you Melissa and Sweet Blossom Weddings!

Britney · Married on 08/27/2016

Melissa and the Sweet Blossom team were absolutely amazing!  They took care of everything and thought of every detail.  My wedding turned out better and more beautiful than I imagined it.  They did an excellent job interpreting my wedding style in setting up my wedding décor and details.  I usually have a difficult time giving up control, but I had complete faith and confidence handing the reigns over to Melissa and her team.  They kept me sane and I trust them 100% which are most important qualities when all you should be thinking about is enjoying your big day!  I was so impressed with their experience, professionalism, and organization.  I received multiple compliments from my guests about how on top of everything the coordinators were, and I would recommend their services in a heartbeat! Thank you for everything SBW!!

• User7221958 · 2+ years ago

Choose Sweet Blossom if you're in the area but even more so if you're not in the area! Melissa is amazing! Her team is incredible. She is hard working and will make every dream in your heart and in your head a beautiful reality. She works within your budget and helps you stay on track and sane! At every step she was helpful and if she had any bad days, I didn't know. She always had a smile throughout the process. On the day of, all I did was get dressed. She took care of EVERYTHING! Her team was professional and extremely helpful. Also she caters to the customer by tailoring her packages to the individual so you don't feel stuck or burdened by yet another cost (we all know weddings have a million unbelievable costs!)
    I could keep writing but I won't. Choose Sweet Blossom!!!
    K&P

Read & Margie · Married on 02/26/2016

WOW! What can we say? Melissa was absolutely sensational. Her attention to detail was incredible and her suggestions for making the special day more memorable were invaluable. From the moment Melissa took charge, everything went like clockwork. There was not a single hitch, glitch or anything but pure magic. Our guests commented so many times about the quality of our coordinator and how smoothly and professionally she managed everything. Absolutely nothing was overlooked! Melissa's two wedding day assistants, Hannah and Sara were also wonderful. Simply put, we could not recommend Sweet Blossom Weddings more highly. I'm out of superlatives and Melissa deserves every one of them! Thank you for helping to make the day so memorable and special.