Swallow Creek Ranch Reviews

Swallow Creek Ranch 4
Swallow Creek Ranch 5
  • Madelaine

Madelaine Batac · Married on 05/26/2019

So Glorious, So Beautiful!

It was a dream to have our wedding at Swallow Creek Ranch! The moment we stumbled upon the ranch via Google searches, we immediately screamed, "WE HAVE TO GET MARRIED HERE!" Reviews and descriptions don't do justice! You have to see it for yourself to see why this venue is absolute magic! Our ease and confidence in working with Kyla was part of the reason why we booked even before visiting the venue. We just couldn't let it go!

Kyla has been so helpful throughout the entire process and we used many of the vendors she recommended! The best part for us was that Kyla was so genuine in giving us the flexibility and confidence in bringing in our own unique dreams and vision and oversaw the entire process professionally and delightfully! Our guests were raving how beautiful the entire event was, from the ceremony, reception, cocktail, back of the barn, bridal room, the hills, everything!! We will be re-living and reminiscing about our wedding day for a lifetime and Swallow Creek Ranch will hold a special place in our hearts. Perhaps, maybe on a future anniversary, we could come and visit and fall in love again at the place where our journey began!

Sent on 06/10/2019
    Swallow Creek Ranch 6

Swallow Creek Ranch's reply:

Thank you Madelaine for your sweet words. It was such an honor to be part of your wedding day and the rain was a special blessing! Agustin’s smile as he worked in the rain to execute your Plan A vision was such a sweet testament to your love for each other. It could’ve been a blizzard but he didn’t care. He got to marry the woman of his dreams. Best wishes to the both of you And yes please come back and visit on your anniversary!

Kimberly · Married on 07/21/2018

My husband and I were married here about a month ago and had a PERFECT wedding! The whole event ran smoothly because of the site manager, Kyla. Kyla was an amazing person to work with as she was very easy going and attentive to our needs. The barn (reception area) and the eucalyptus grove (ceremony site) were absolutely gorgeous. The bridal suite is definitely a bonus to this wonderful property. It is lovely place to get ready with friends before the ceremony. I would recommend this location to anyone looking to get married in a beautiful outdoor setting. I cannot wait to return for our friends wedding! :)

Sent on 08/18/2018

Aly · Married on 10/14/2017

My husband and I got married at Swallow Creek Ranch this past October and it was a dream. Swallow Creek Ranch was exactly what we were looking for and I'm so happy we found it! We had a destination wedding weekend in Cayucos and it was a total blast! Everything was absolutely perfect. Kyla and her team were easy to work with and made the setup process as seamless as possible. They worked with us and our vendors on setup and strike. Everything was perfect and we cannot recommend this venue enough!!

Sent on 11/14/2017
    Swallow Creek Ranch 7
    Swallow Creek Ranch 8
    Swallow Creek Ranch 9
    Swallow Creek Ranch 10

Morgan · Married on 09/16/2017

The best Wedding Venue on the Central Coast. You get both the ocean view and the country atmosphere in one location. Kyla bends over backwards to make sure your special day is perfect.

Sent on 08/15/2016

Melissa · Married on 06/24/2017

This place is magical and I am so glad I got married here. I will cherish that memory forever. Our ceremony took place at the hill top ceremony location and it was incredible to look out over the bluffs while saying my vows. The barn is so beautiful with the natural light flooding in through the walls that we didn't need many decorations. My guests were blown away by the beauty of this place. The venue owner, Kyla, is friendly and accommodating. You should get married here just so you can work with Kyla!

Sent on 07/01/2017

Jaimie · Married on 06/03/2017

Swallow Creek Ranch is the most stunning place to have your event that you could possible imagine. With views of the coast line from the amphitheater ceremony site, it does not disappoint! My guests are still telling me what an incredible time they had at the ranch. The barn below that the reception was held in, is a beautiful blank pallet for you to decorate however you want. The owner is very quick to respond and a very nice person to work with. This is a very special venue.

Sent on 06/14/2017

Amy · Married on 05/27/2017

Swallow Creek was the most amazing and perfect venue that we ever could have imagined to celebrate our wedding at! Kyla was so amazing to work with and her family's property was exactly what we were looking for. Swallow Creek gives you exclusive access for the entire weekend that you book your wedding (Friday through Sunday), which is a huge benefit.
    We had our ceremony on the hilltop, our cocktail hour in the meadow, and the reception in the barn, which was absolutely perfect for us (though you can also do the ceremony in the meadow behind the barn to make it a bit easier). Our guests could not stop complimenting us on how beautiful the ceremony site was (and our pictures are proof of the gorgeous view!) and how perfect the entire venue was. The venue is a perfect combination of rustic and polished. Kyla and her family have made great upgrades to the venue to make it such a professional venue, such as leveling and adding gravel to the outdoor areas and building very clean and nice bathrooms for guests. We chose to do very minimal decorations to allow the space to speak for itself, but it is a perfect blank canvass for whatever you want your wedding to look like. This venue was honestly more than we could have asked for, with such a warm and welcoming vibe that could only come from Kyla and her family opening the venue to others to use. We were able to have the relaxed but elegant wedding that we wanted because of the natural beauty of the space. I would absolutely have my wedding all over again at Swallow Creek and could not imagine celebrating our wedding day anywhere else! Everything was absolutely perfect and I can't say enough about how amazing Kyla is and how beautiful her property is!!! I hope one day I can go back to reminisce about our perfect day there!

Sent on 07/09/2017
  • Y

Yadira · Married on 07/30/2016

It's been a little over a year since we had our wedding at Swallow Creek Ranch. Let me just say that there is something so magical about this place. Kyla was a joy to work with! She made planning our wedding via telephone and email so easy and stress free. This was a huge plus considering that we live 4 hours away from the venue. Our family and friends still comment on how beautiful our venue was. Not only did we have access to the grounds, but also to a few of the treasure pieces straight from the shed nearby. My husband and I will always hold a special place in our hearts for Swallow Creek Ranch as well as Kyla and her sweet father. Thank you for making our day so memorable with your hard work and dedication. Highly recommend this venue for any event #y2kwed16

Sent on 08/12/2017

PAMELA · Married on 06/03/2017

Swallow Creek Ranch was the venue we chose for our daughter's wedding and it ended up being a very special, beautiful and magical place for her wedding. The historical barn is beautiful and would easily accommodates crowds of 150 - 175 comfortably. Our crowd was 90 people as we wanted an intimate affair. There are 3 different ceremony sites: back of the barn, in the barn and an outdoor hilltop ceremony platform that is on the ranch about 1/8th of a mile from the barn. We chose the hilltop platform for the ceremony and it was a picture perfect choice with the Big Sur coastline as the incredible backdrop view of the ceremony. Our weather was a beautifully sunny 79 degree day with very little wind. Perfection. Swallow Creek provided a great shuttle service and central parking lot with an attendant to greet and shuttle our guests up to the ceremony site and then down to the barn for the reception dinner. The shuttle worked very well. The barn reception was amazing, comfortable and fun with guests able to visit inside the barn or mill around outside. The ranch owner, Kyla Grafton, is wonderful to work with and very accommodating. A few things to know about this venue that require some logistics are: 1) no cell service on the ranch, so plan ahead for any rides, deliveries, etc. 2) no room or building for a bridal staging or dressing area 3) no on-site kitchen, so all catering, ice, no water for washing dishes have to be considered for your event 4) there are 3 very nice modern bathrooms in the barn, but none at the hilltop ceremony site 5) choose an event coordinator that is familiar with this venue in order to avoid any unknowns. We used Jennifer Norton and she was fabulous to work with. We couldn't have been happier with our wedding event. It was perfect for us. The only reason I did not give 5 stars on the value is due to the lack of an on-site kitchen and no bridal staging area This causes more work for logistical solutions and expenses.

Sent on 06/08/2017