SW Event Designers Reviews

95 | Woodbridge, VA

95 Reviews for SW Event Designers

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

All around, Susan was great! She was responsive, professional, and provided me with options for the scenario I provided her. Compared to DC, her pricing was spot on with my budget. I could not have asked for a better florist!

Sent on 07/15/2013

Katie · Married on 06/08/2013

When it came to selecting vendors, the flowers for my wedding were one of the scariest choices for me because I didn't really know how they would turn out until the day of the event. However from the beginning Susan seemed to understand the vision I had for my day and truly delivered on my wedding day. I wanted everything a little imperfect and rustic and Susan captured this perfectly in my bouquets, the reception decorations and the flowers she added to my cake (which I gave her very little direction on and it was beautiful!)

Two things definitely stood out about her from other vendors. The first was how she provided me with an online database to view flowers that she thought would be great for my wedding. This database was also searchable so if I found anything I loved as well I could just let her know to add them to the arrangement! As someone who doesn't have an extensive knowledge on flowers this really allowed me to know the options I had. Another thing I especially loved was how she included a free extra bouquet to be used in the bridal toss giving me the opportunity to keep and preserve the bouquet I walked down the aisle with. I would definitely recommend Susan to any other brides in the area!

Sent on 06/19/2013

SW Event Designers's reply:

Thank you for the lovely review, Katie. I enjoyed working with you and your mother during the planning stages of your wedding. Rebecca, your wedding planner, was very helpful on the day of your wedding. Best wishes to you and your new husband!
  • Rebecca

Rebecca · Married on 06/01/2013

Where do I begin? Susan was a pleasure to work with. From our first meeting to the day of my wedding she was a pleasure to work with. I must have changed my mind at least a handful of times and she never seemed bothered by my indecisiveness. Susan understands that this is one of the most important days of your life.

I had a photo charm made for a picture of my father which Susan was sweet enough to attach to my bridal bouquet. Needless to say I tiered up when I saw my bouquet. All of the floral arrangements were beautiful.

Susan exceeded my expectations and hopes. I definitely recommend Susan without hesitation.

Sent on 06/19/2013

SW Event Designers's reply:

Thank you, Rebecca! I also appreciate the referral you sent my way. Best wishes to you both.

Julie · Married on 05/26/2013

Susan is a pleasure to work with. She is always on top of every request and change you make up until the last minute. She is so down to earth and has the best suggestions on flowers that will work with your wedding or event. I know that I will use her for all my flower needs in the future. :)

Sent on 06/05/2013

SW Event Designers's reply:

Thank you Julie! I loved working with you and Ryan - I appreciate the good review!

Susan

Malia · Married on 05/25/2013

Accolades came highly recommended to us by 5 other brides and they most certainly did not steer us wrong! Susan was so easy to work with and had samples of materials to share with us so we knew just what we were getting. On the day of the wedding, I was blown away by how much more beautiful everything was than I had imagined. The flowers were amazing and I received so many complements on them. Accolades is the at to go!

Sent on 06/12/2013

SW Event Designers's reply:

Thank you Malia. I was so happy to work with you! Having done the wedding flowers for you and all of your friends has been a joy. I look forward to seeing some of your photos!

Susan was wonderful and did a fabulous job for my wedding at Westfields Marriott. She was extremely knowledgeable and made the whole process very easy on me. She is very responsive and remembers the "little details" throughout the whole 6 months I worked with her. I got so many compliments on my flowers. My altar piece was just the right size and I loved how she mixed my pastel palette together. My primary colors were pink and blue and that is hard to put together because it can clash or look juvenile. She made all of my arrangements look very elegant and reserved where the needed to be, such as the altar piece, and more springtime playful such as my bridesmaid bouquets. It was all very big arrangements and she had everything that I had asked for! Things I wasn't even sure of, she made it all work and it all looked beautiful. I was happy that the Hydrangea pomanders turned out they way you had them because, my little flower girl was twirling it all around and it might have otherwise fell apart. My MIL wanted a pinned corsage but even she was happy with the pearl wrist bracelet you added that she didn't say anything but how beautiful everything was. Plus I was glad the mothers matched. My tall gold candelabras were unforgettable and everyone remarked on the how opulent and gorgeous they were. My only regret, was not having more of those, but then again, we dont want to be ostentatious. Everything was perfect Susan, thank you so much!!!

Sent on 04/25/2013

SW Event Designers's reply:

Thank you for the lovely review! I loved working with both of you and I also was pleased with the results. The staff at Westfields were great to work with too! I can't wait to see some photos.

Jennifer · Married on 03/23/2013

I cannot rave enough about Susan's work; everything was above and beyond my expectations! I felt as though I only had to provide a few pictures and Susan did the rest. The bridal bouquets, receptions flowers and reception/cocktail hour details were absolutely beautiful.

Sent on 03/31/2013

Sara · Married on 11/24/2012

Susan at SW and Accolades Florist is in a word, fantastic. From our very first meeting, I was really impressed by her professionalism and by the thought she had put into my flowers. I had sent her a few inspirational photos, and she had them printed for our meeting and some recommedations laid out in draft form. It made me feel so comfortable to know that she was so organized and put such careful thought into my flowers before we had even met.

Throughout the year up to planning, I changed my mind a few times (it's a bride's right!) and Susan was always available to answer my questions and very flexible with changes (for example, silver vases to gold, ivory roses instead of pink). Even though I was getting married in the winter (November, when flowers aren't quite as plentiful as spring or summer), Susan assured me she would do her very best to get the blooms I wanted - within my budget - and she exceeded my expectations (for example, I wanted peonies, and she found garden roses in the perfect color that more appropriately matched my budget). She listed to me and knew what "look" I was going for for my wedding, and recommended some beautiful looks for the bridesmaids, groomsmen, and table arrangements. She has a wonderful eye for design.

On the day of the wedding, I was so thrilled to see the bouquets. They were perfect! And when I walked into the reception and saw the flowers for the first time, they took my breath away. They were beautiful and polished.

Not only was Susan wonderful to work with and did beautiful work, but her prices were so reasonable and the best value I found by far. She was a pleasure to work with, and I recommend her without reservation to any bride!

Sent on 12/02/2012

SW Event Designers's reply:

Thank you Sara - you were great to work with this past year. Best wishes to you and Lee!

Jimmy · Married on 11/03/2012

Susan was very responsive to all our requests. We had a rustic theme and she offered to wrap the bouquets in twine, as well as put lace on our vases and mason jars for decoration. She was very helpful with everything we asked. The centerpieces she gave us were gorgeous, and the bouquets were perfect. We wanted wildflowers, grasses and similarly themed flowers and while some of the things we wanted were out of season, she found us similar looking replacements.

Overall we had a wonderful experience with Susan and we would highly recommend her in the future.

Sent on 11/09/2012

SW Event Designers's reply:

Thank you Joyce and Jimmy! Your flowers were definitely different in style from what I normally do, but different is what keeps life interesting! It was a pleasure working with both of you. Best wishes to you both.
  • CAITLIN

CAITLIN · Married on 09/22/2012

SW Floral Design was a pleasure to work with; Susan provided the most beautiful flowers for the wedding ceremony and reception. Her professionalism and responsiveness was beyond superior. One of the greatest vendors we worked with and I am so grateful we chose SW Floral to provide flowers for our wedding!

Sent on 10/08/2012

Thanks Caitlin!

Alison · Married on 09/08/2012

The outdoor wedding was overtaken by a terrible storm. Flowers were tossed about and the outdoor arbor with flowers was getting destroyed, Sue and her husband took a lot of effort to try and put things back together so we could carry on with the wedding.

Sent on 10/08/2012

SW Event Designers's reply:

Thank you Allison. We were so happy that Rebecca's wedding was such a success after the terrible storm. We wish them a lifetime of happiness. Thank you all for being so wonderful to work with!

Jo Melissa · Married on 07/28/2012

SW Floral design did a wonderful job! The owner, Susan is very responsive during our planning process. She is very patient too since I have changed my contract like three times! The flowers turned out really beautiful! You will save more money than those popular florists in the area. I am a very picky bride because I am actually a meeting/event planner and I used to do weddings before so believe me, you're in GREAT hands!
    My advice to all brides out there: Just be VERY specific with what you like when it comes to your floral arrangements. Make sure you say you want less greens/leaves or you want the flowers to look fluffy! just be VERY detailed.

Sent on 08/21/2012

SW Event Designers's reply:

Thank you! It was a pleasure to work with you. I just posted some of your beautiful photos to my photo album on this site.

SwFloral Design provided amazing flowers for my wedding and reception. The florist was very friendly and knowledgable about floral designs. The prices fit perfectly in our budget. I would highly recommend SwFloral Design to anyone who is looking for a knowledgable, professional, affordable for florist!

Sent on 07/17/2012

SW Event Designers's reply:

Thank you "anonymous"! I'm pretty sure I know which couple wrote this - I appreciate your kind words. Have a happy life together! :)

Bruce · Married on 06/23/2012

Susan was wonderful to deal with & provided excellent service. She was very knowledgeable, offered terrific advice, was reasonably priced, & was very courteous & professional. Her final products were fantastic. You will not be disappointed if you use Susan's services.

Sent on 06/28/2012

SW Event Designers's reply:

Thank you Bruce! You and Cindy were wonderful to work with as well as your wonderful daughter, Lindsay!
  • Meemz

Mimi · Married on 05/26/2012

Susan did an absolutely amazing job from beginning to end! She was much more affordable than other florists since she works from her home so that was a major plus. The quality of her work was perfect and everything was delivered on time and as promised. She followed up with me almost immediately on any questions or changes that I had. I would definately recommend her to any local bride looking for beautiful flowers on a limited budget. She was WONDERFUL!

Sent on 06/05/2012

Sileola · event on 03/31/2012

Very forth coming and they work well with your budget to ensure you are satisfied. Excellent customers service and very professional. I will definitely use SW again

Sent on 04/04/2012

Kristen · Married on 11/12/2011

Susan was fantastic!!! She was flexible with scheduling our first meeting around a busy schedule and when we met with her, I had ideas, and with her knowledge and experience I was able explain what I had envisioned for my wedding day. She sent me pictures of the flowers she had explained to me in our meeting along with confirmation of what I expected and wanted for my wedding. On the day of, she drove to Maryland to the hotel before the wedding, and arrived at my room on time. The flowers were gorgeous!! She changed little things around at the reception, to ensure freshness, which turned out great. The bouquets were gorgeous as well! I really felt like a bride once I held my flowers. The way the colors and flowers choices went with the dresses was even better than I pictured. Her rates were extremely reasonable as well, and we were able to work together to my budget. I would absolutely recommend her to a friend - she was recommended to me by a friend! Thank you to Susan to making my wedding beautiful!!

Sent on 12/09/2011

SW Event Designers's reply:

Thank you Kristen! You and PJ were wonderful to work with too!

Ashley · Married on 10/15/2011

We were lucky to find Susan in our area, she was easy to work with and took care of anything we requested. Her prices are great, and her floral arrangements were beautiful! Susan was very flexible and always responsed to my e-mails/calls very quickly. I would highly recommend her!! Thanks for making our ceremony/reception beautiful!

Sent on 11/01/2011

SW Event Designers's reply:

Thank you Ashley! You were also wonderful to work with. Thanks so much and have a wonderful life with your new husband.

Susan

Debi · Married on 09/10/2011

We were so lucky to find Susan with SW Floral Design! After meeting with a florist in the Fairfax area and getting a fairly expensive quote, we did some more research and found Susan right here on WeddingWire. She invited us to her home for a consultation and was truly interested in hearing what we wanted and made it happen. She was always easy to communicate with and responded quickly. She quoted us more than half the price of the florist we originally met with! We were so excited. Plus, we got a more personable experience working with Susan. Our flowers turned out more beautiful than we could have imagined. Thank you for everything, Susan!

Sent on 10/12/2011

Debi,

Thank you so much for the wonderful review! It was a pleasure working with you this past year.

E · Married on 08/06/2011

The flowers were absolutely beautiful, and exactly what I wanted! Thank you so much, Susan, for providing such beautiful flowers and still being able to stay within my budget!

Sent on 08/19/2011

Jessica · Married on 07/17/2011

I would recommend SW Floral Design to any bride looking for picture perfect florals! The flowers were stunning, fresh, and arranged beautifully. Every detail was taken care of and my own unique visions were incorporated to create the wedding of my dreams! This couldn't have been done without SW Floral Design! It takes one who is creative, attentive to each and every detail, flexible when plans change and above all, a person who can deliver high quality services in a caring fashion. Thank you SW Floral Design!

Sent on 09/21/2011

SW Event Designers's reply:

Thank you Jessica. It was a pleasure working with you and your family!

Laura · Married on 11/26/2010

Susan from SW Floral Design was so wonderful to work with!!! We planned our wedding around a military deployment and were not sure if we were going to be able to have the ceremony. Susan was so flexible and worked around everything from dates to venues changing for our wedding. She is absolutely amazing. Everyone commented on how beautiful the flowers were. I would absolutely recommend SW Floral design. We will definitely be passing her information along to friends and family!

Sent on 12/14/2010

Jaime · Married on 10/23/2010

Susan did a wonderful job on our flowers and decor! Everything turned out beautiful! We would highly recommend her services!

Sent on 11/16/2011

SW Event Designers's reply:

Thank you Jaime - hope you both are well!

Sarah · Married on 10/09/2010

I loved working with Susan from SW Floral Design! She has a ton of photos from previous weddings she did that helped me get a sense of what I wanted to do for my wedding. I don't know much about flowers, so looking at other arrangements was so helpful. She also helped me stay within my limited budget by recommending flowers that were less expensive but still absolutely beautiful. The day of the wedding when I saw my bouquet and my bridesmaids' bouquets I almost cried because they were so perfect and gorgeous! I would definitely recommend SW Floral Design to anyone planning their wedding.

Sent on 10/25/2010

Elizabeth · Married on 10/02/2010

I really enjoyed working with the vendor for my wedding flowers! We booked her closer to the wedding than I would have liked and she was so flexible with us, gladly taking our order and being so willing to work with us on a shorter time frame. I brought her some inspiration pictures and she pretty much replicated the look I was going for exactly. The price was phenominal- over 50% less (for the same flowers) than some bigger, more mainstream florists I got quotes from, and with the hugely personalized service, the bubbly personality, the enthusiasm, and all the help and attention we received, the value was unbelievable. She was also willing to work with me on price and suggested options that would work within my budget. I just have good things to say and loved the vendor and the end product very much!!

Sent on 10/04/2010