Susan Kane Catering Reviews

19 Reviews for Susan Kane Catering

• Ted

Ted Layton · Married on 12/10/2019

Local Favorite!

As a local favorite, Susan came highly recommended. After trying to start a dialog with other caterers in the area who didn't make our wedding a priority due to its small size, Susan took a very personalized approach and made us feel very well cared for.

Working with our burdget and venue, Susan showed us her special skills as coordinator by arranging a florist and rental furniture company that matched her standards of excellence.

Most impressive is her cuisine! Comprised of classic dishes with unique flavor fusions, our guests found the food to be World-class!

Susan's experience showed at every stage in the planning process and on the day. Her team of waiters, bartenders and cooks was led by a Captain who was able to realize our unique vision for the dinner and reception. We can testity that Susan will go an extra several miles for her clients and as you will see in the photos we have shared here, the results were truly FIVE STAR!

Sent on 12/01/2019

Susan Kane Catering's reply:

Wow! This is truly awesome you too. Miss both of you so much. Thanks thanks Thanks. Fondly Susan

Lauren · Married on 09/15/2018

Susan and her staff were amazing. They were professional, friendly and made our wedding a memorable event. Susan was flexible when we needed to add a few last minute guests and she and her team were attentive and totally in sync with passing of the food during cocktail hour and keeping the flow of the evening on point. Everything we choose was delicious and exceeded my expectations. We would recommend Susan Kane Catering to anyone needing her services. We would hire her again for any event we needed catering!

Sent on 09/27/2018
  • Stacy

Stacy · Married on 07/07/2018

Excellent!

We got married this past July in Ridgefield, CT at Lounsbury House. Susan came highly recommended by them. We were blown away at the tasting and signed with her on the spot. My father is a chef and my husband and I love to cook. Great food was at the top of our list and Susan delivered. She was wonderful to work with and all of our guests said it was the best food they've had at a wedding. Susan was so helpful in getting our menu together and accommodating all our needs and some special requests from guests. Her staff was very attentive. We recommend her highly.

Sent on 10/31/2018

Natacha Telusca · Married on 07/05/2018

Nat and Mark Wedding, May 2018

I am so glad Susan was available to cater my wedding. I did not have a wedding planner, and Susan has helped me so much throughout the process. She is very flexible, responsive , and fun to work with. The food was amazing. Thanks so much Susan .

Sent on 06/15/2019

Daniel Mancini · Married on 09/16/2017

Above and Beyond

If I could clone susan I would make her my wedding planner as well as caterer. She was so helpful with the staging of our event, and was not afraid to suggest new ideas we never thought of. She was professional from the tasting at her kitchen, and even was clever enough to put aside some sliders my wife and I missed during our photos. She provided peace of mind and thorough follow through on the promise she made to make the event sparkle.

Sent on 01/30/2019
  • Katie

Katie Mancini · Married on 09/16/2017

Over delivered people still talk about the food and amazing staff

Susan was a dream amazing ideas and really helped manage the wending “planner “ who fell short. Pricing could have been a little clearer, but I would have paid double for her services!
    Extremely grateful and highly recommend her.

Sent on 01/30/2019

Danielle · Married on 07/24/2016

Susan Kane Catering catered our wedding, Susan is very easy to talk to and quickly replied to emails and phone calls. We especially liked that she worked with us when we told her about our budget.
    We liked that there was a vast choice of different buffet selections and passed hors d’oeuvres for cocktail hour. Our guests thought everything was delicious!
    If we need catering again, we will call her.

Sent on 08/15/2016

Kurt · Married on 04/25/2015

Susan Kane catered our wedding and she was instrumental in making our special day most memorable! Her food was very tasty and the her staff is awesome! They are courteous, accommodating , very professional! I would not hesitate to contract her again for any event! Thanks Susan!

Sent on 05/17/2015
  • User4748576 · event on: 01/22/2015

We hosted a seated dinner party and Susan Kane catered the evening for us--every thing was excellent! We were thrilled with the quality of the food preparation and the professionalism of the servers. We had a wonderful evening!

• User4750949 · event on: 12/08/2014

my firm has used Susan for our summer parties and client events, her staff has always been very professional, the food is fabulous and her prices are not unreasonable. I highly recommend Susan for your catering needs, she is very organized and helps you plan the event. She also assists with any rentals you may need.

Pamela · event on: 12/06/2014

Susan was wonderful and her food is outstanding. Her staff was very professional. We had a wonderful evening.

Gay · event on: 11/29/2014

Susan Kane provided a fabulous dinner for a special birthday celebration I hosted for 35 guests in my home last fall. She thought of every detail, she was wonderful to work with, and could not have been more helpful! Her Salmon, Filet, & Scalloped Potatoes were absolutely delicious and everyone raved about them all. I look forward to working with her again!

Karen · event on: 09/07/2014

Susan and her staff were on time and extremely professional. Helped with decorations setup to break down. She can handle a small dinner party to a big Holiday or Corporate Party. She is very responsive to dietary restrictions as well.
    I will definitely hire her again!
    Karen K

• User4748613 · event on: 12/19/2014

Susan and her staff provided a relaxed atmosphere that was wonderful for this busy Holiday Season.
    The food was abundant and the presentation impressive. Simple yet elegant. Susan is always ready to respond with intelligence and experience to back her up. Thank you for a wonderful party.

• Janice

Janice and Maxwell ! · Married on 05/25/2019

Helpful Staff and Delicious Food!

I really loved my experience with Susan because she was willing to work closely with me in creating the perfect reception for our wedding. Our wedding was a bit different because the guests were comprised of people who were used to a very Korean-style wedding and culture as well as people who were used to a very American-style wedding and culture. Susan was open to changing her approach in order to suit the needs and style of our wedding, while also balancing her desire to make sure that the event was held to a high standard. I valued her feedback and input greatly because there were several decisions she helped us make that made the flow of the reception go smoothly. Also, when I met her staff on the day of the wedding I was so impressed at their professionalism, kindness, and warmth. They worked really hard to set up all the tables and centerpieces the way I envisioned, and they really impressed (and surprised) me with how beautifully they decorated the sweetheart table - especially since my friend had brought a lovely sign for decoration! They each made me feel that they wanted the best for us and our guests and it made our experience with Susan Kane Catering very memorable!

We were also very impressed with the quality of the food - Susan worked with us to make sure that we had delicious options for everyone. When we asked for a vegetarian option, she created an incredibly tasty (and popular) pasta dish! It was actually my favorite thing on the menu, as well as the rolls with butter. My husband's favorite dish was the NY style skirt steak! And the guests, both Korean and American, loved all the different dishes, which was something I had been worried about. So if you are looking for a wonderful caterer who will work with you to make your experience memorable, then look no further - I highly recommend you hire Susan Kane Catering!

Sent on 06/11/2019

Tatsiana · Married on 08/05/2017

Susan and her crew were amazing! I couldn't wish for better on my wedding day.
    Susan was responsive to all our comments regarding the menu and set up. I felt so comfortable leaving all the logistics in Susan and Dawn's capable hands, that on the actual day I literally could sit back and enjoy my bridal status.
    The food was great and Susan made sure to customize the menu based on our personal preferences.
    If I had to do this all over again, I wouldn't pick anybody else.

Sent on 09/14/2017
  • User2841513 · event on: 10/07/2012

Susan is a please to work with. She is an outstanding caterer, food is top notch!

• Joey

Joey · Married on 09/10/2016

Wei and I were so fortunate to have had the opportunity to work with you leading up to our wedding day! You took the time to break down every aspect of our day piece by piece to the point where we could visualize everything. It made the entire process much easier and gave the both of us peace of mind in knowing that you had everything under control. Your knowledge of the industry was so helpful to us all throughout the planning process.

On the wedding day I witnessed everyone so pleased with the food. It was such a great display in addition to being very tasty. Your staff was very polite, and knew their way around the venue which was nice. I could tell you took time to build a quality team. Well dressed, proper, polite to the guests, helpful and conscious of everyone’s needs. All in all, a great experience! I already know two family members planning to contact you for upcoming events. Thanks you, Susan!

Sent on 02/05/2018

Jessica · Married on 06/10/2017

0.8
      0.5
      0.5
      1.0

Susan Kane booked another wedding the day of our wedding. We only saw her the first few minutes of our reception and then she left to do the other wedding. Her captain that was left in charge could not get it together our food was not replenished quick enough, we (the bridal party) did not get enough food during the cocktail hour in the bridal suite, food was not passed around our entire reception and guests were left out, the captain was not calling the tables accordingly and left most of our guests sitting waiting to be called for food, the champagne was not poured for our toast, our coffee was not passed out nor was our cake which left us with an insane amount of leftover cake. At the end of the night after being given a $300 tip for the staff the captain handed our tip back over and demanded $500 which was not only rude, but extremely unprofessional and tacky. I will NEVER hire Susan Kane again EVER!

Sent on 06/27/2017