Surf and Sand Resort Reviews

Surf and Sand Resort 5
Surf and Sand Resort 6
Surf and Sand Resort 7

Nicole · Married on 07/11/2014

AMAZING!!!!!! I had the wedding I had always imagined. The wedding coordinator Lauren would do anything I asked and made our wedding go as smooth as possible.

Sent on 07/28/2014

Liz · Married on 03/28/2014

Lauren is a super hero! I could not have been happier with the service and experience start to finish. Everything about our wedding and ceremony was perfect!

The only thing was that the dolphin room where we got ready was very hot and I was really uncomfortable getting ready and waiting for the wedding. My fiancée was treated to use our honeymoon suite! I wish that option had been given to me as the bride.

Sent on 10/22/2014
  • O

jerome · Married on 06/22/2008

Beautiful resort for ceremony and reception. Our guests really enjoyed the place and loved the food.

Sent on 09/16/2009

Kristen · Married on 12/31/2011

3.5

Incredibly helpful with all of our requests. Food and venue were excellent. Sandy and Michelle did an amazing job coordinating. It is not necessary to have a wedding coordinator here. The list of preferred vendors was also incredible. On the day of, service was excellent and helpful in every way possible

Sent on 02/04/2012

Deron · Married on 06/29/2010

The Surf and Sand is the only 4-star hotel that's on the beach. While we were there, the surf was about 100 ft. out at high tide! The service was awesome. Being in the Penthouse suite, they knew exactly who I was whenever I called by addressing me by name when they picked up the phone. The difference in attitude is noticeable: never a "you're welcome" but rather a "it's my pleasure"---you wouldn't believe that slight attitude difference is remarkable. It is! My only complaint which is the odd 4-star, is that we needed our penthouse cleaned by a certain time for the wedding and through some sort of communication error between the night and day shift, it didn't happen as planned. But, they quickly corrected their error and had a maid up there in 30 minutes who did a really great job in less than an hour, plenty of time before the ceremony. I gave 4-star for value because like anyone I want everything for nothing. Our family stayed across the street at a really nice Best Western for slightly over $300 less per room than at the Surf And Sand (I'm not comparing to our penthouse suite but the regular Surf and Sand room). They're just across the street! So yeah, I'm nitpicking about that but yes, 4-star vs. 3-star with all the differences that that entails so I really should be giving 5-star but again, I can't help thinking about that the major cost difference.

Sent on 08/02/2010

Lizanna · Married on 06/22/2008

The Surf & Sand Resort is a beautiful facility to host your wedding. I love this location because I was able to have the ceremony and reception at one location. There are various options for the ceremony location, but I had my wedding at the Catalina Terrace, which is a GORGEOUS terrace overlooking the Pacific Ocean. It was a very warm day, but the view was spectacular. The food at the reception is high-quality, very tasty, and presented beautifully on the plate. I also loved the passed appetizers they had.

Sandy, the event manager, was very easy to work with and very accomodating to our needs and requests. If you have a very large wedding over 200 people, the Surf & Sand is not the place for you. But if you are able to cut down your guest list to under 200 people, I would highly recommend this location.

Sent on 07/13/2009

Melissa · Married on 06/18/2008

Highly recommended. The venue was perfect- so beautiful. The food was exceptional and service was fantastic. I wish I could do it all over again.

Sent on 10/08/2008

Chris · Married on 06/17/2012

The venue is outstanding. The views from the Catalina Tce our breathtaking and blew our overseas and local guests away. The rooms at the hotel are first class. They provide a wide range of meal and beverage options to suit budget and taste. Juliann took over as our wedding co-ordinator half way through the process and worked tirelessly to make sure everything as was we planned. She was excellent! The Pelican ballroom has just been very tastefully renovated and the carpet is probably the nicest I have seen in such a venue- sounds quirky but if you have seen others you'll know why I mention it! I would definitely recommend this venue to a close friend or anyone reading this review.

Sent on 07/18/2012

Jesse · Married on 03/31/2017

3.0

Waiting to see at the end of this month

Sent on 03/10/2017

Kristy · Married on 07/01/2017

2.2
      2.0
      1.0
      1.0
      3.0

Surf and sand was a beautiful backdrop for my daughters wedding. Alana was our coordinator and she was great! Loved her the whole event went beautifully. As far as the hotel itself. It used to be a 5 star hotel. As it is now it is rundown. The suite I had looked like it was decorated in early 80s and not touched since. When laying out at the pool there was a balcony filled with crap. not the view you want to see when you spend good money to be at a fabulous hotel. Everywhere I looked it was run down and shabby. We had the suite to get ready in for the day. It was nice but when we showed up it was dirty from previous people and once again looked like it was from the 80's. Probably looked great. Ack then. Surf and sand really needs a major overhaul. Really disappointed with the rundown appearance

Sent on 07/17/2017