Surf and Sand Resort Reviews

Surf and Sand Resort 6
Surf and Sand Resort 7

Alexandra David · Getting married on 07/26/2020

Very Responsive

It's absolutely beautiful and they responsiveness was amazing. My review is for initial RFP only, as we aren't reserving the venue. because it's outside our budget.

Sent on 01/02/2019
  • Diane

Diane · Married on 04/27/2019

Best decision

My husband and I were married on 4/27/19 and it was the best day of our lives (as it should be), thanks to the Surf and Sand Resort. First of all, Alana Zee, who was our coordinator throughout the whole wedding process could not have been any better. She was SUPER responsive, honest, helpful, and overall amazing. The day of, she took care of everything and made the day run smoothly. The weekend of the wedding, all the staff were incredible- from the valet, bellhops, servers, bartenders, and concierge. They all went above and beyond to make sure that myself and my guests were taken care of. The venue itself is stunning, and our guests raved about the food. My husband and I are from the East Coast originally, and when we walked out of our tour after seeing the ceremony views, he told me "I am going to be groomzilla, I have to have it!" I'm so glad that we had our dream wedding here.

Sent on 05/09/2019
    Surf and Sand Resort 8
    Surf and Sand Resort 9
    Surf and Sand Resort 10

Angel · Married on 08/18/2018

Alana Zee was our wedding coordinator and she was fabulous! She was so knowledgeable and helpful throughout our wedding planning process. She was always very responsive, professional, and friendly. On the day of the wedding she was so calm, helpful and organized. We are so impressed with how smoothly our wedding day went and could not be more pleased. The Surf and Sand Resort is a stunning wedding venue and all of our guests were blown away by the ocean views. The food st the reception was also amazing. Everyone from the valet, front desk, room service, coffee shop, and especially the wait staff at our reception were a pleasure and always so friendly and helpful. It was the best day of our lives and we are so grateful to Alana and the Surf and Sand Resort!

Sent on 09/09/2018
  • Amber

Amber · Married on 07/06/2018

Absolutely magical!

Our wedding at the surf and sand was an absolute dream! It was everyone my husband and I could have asked for. Our coordinator was Lav, I would recommend her to anyone looking for a stress free wedding. She was absolutely amazing and went above and beyond to make sure everything was in order.

Sent on 10/21/2018
    Surf and Sand Resort 11
    Surf and Sand Resort 12
    Surf and Sand Resort 13

Monica · Married on 06/30/2018

I recently had my wedding at Surf & Sand Resort on 6/30/18. We worked with Alana Zee and she was absolutely amazing!! From the beginning, she was quick to respond to emails and phone calls. She answered all of my questions in a timely manner. She was flexible and made my vision come to life! On the day of our wedding she was calm, collected, professional, and made my wedding day as smooth as possible! She is a friendly, outgoing person that made our experience wonderful! Surf and Sand is an absolutely beautiful venue on the coast and all of my guests were extremely impressed! The food was fabulous and the staff very friendly. As the bride and groom, we received a complimentary suite the night of the wedding, which was gorgeous! They even decorated it for us which was a nice surprise as newlyweds! I highly recommend getting married at Surf & Sand to any future bride and groom! The views are worth everything and the whole experience was absolutely amazing! We also enjoyed spending time at the pool, beach, and Splashes (restaurant on site) the whole weekend with friends and family!

Sent on 07/11/2018
    Surf and Sand Resort 14
    Surf and Sand Resort 15

Rachel · Married on 06/23/2018

Lav was exceptional, and the venue was beautiful.

Sent on 07/16/2018

Ashley · Married on 07/22/2017

We had our wedding at Surf & Sand in July and we couldn't be happier with everything!! We worked with Alana and she was on top of every aspect of the event. She worked seamlessly with our wedding planner (Ashley Powell) and our day ran so smoothly.

When we were searching for wedding venues, we knew we wanted something with an ocean view, but also had a larger guest count. Many of the venues we looked at could only fit about 100-150 guests max. Surf & Sand was able to accommodate our wedding size of 180, and had the BEST VIEW by FAR!! When we stepped out onto the ceremony space, I immediately fell in love with it. **heart eyes emoji**

Everyone we worked with from the front desk staff to the waiters were professional, kind, and helpful. Our wedding food was to die for - All of our guests said it was the best food they'd ever had at a wedding.

We stayed in a suite for our wedding night and it was absolutely beautiful. The staff made us feel so special and we truly had the most incredible wedding weekend. We can't say enough about how much we love this resort and we can't wait to go back and relive our wedding day!

Sent on 09/05/2017

Carolyn · Married on 08/06/2016

Chiara from the Surf and Sand Resort catering team was a dream to work with. She was all I needed for a wedding planner. Every meeting up to the wedding and the execution at the wedding was perfect. I want to thank Chiara for everything she did and highly recommend her for your event!!!!

Sent on 08/17/2016

Jamie-Dee · Married on 12/06/2015

We had our wedding at Surf & Sand this past December and the day could not have been more perfect. Not only is this a breathtakingly beautiful venue, but the staff was absolutely amazing. We worked with Chiara and she was there with us every step of the way. I always felt like she had everything on track and was never worried about them dropping the ball. She was one step ahead of me the entire time. I can't thank her enough for ensuring that our wedding day was perfect. As for the venue, the food was phenomenal. Our wedding guests continue to tell us how delicious everything was. The staff was very friendly and attentive and every last detail was taken care of. Everything that we asked for Chiara made sure was done for us. I can't say enough great things about this venue. If you are looking for a beach wedding this is the venue for you.

Sent on 01/02/2016

We were married here on 11/7/15. I cannot say enough good things about the staff, service, & FOOD. Everything was amazing. Everyone thought the venue was absolutely beautiful!

Sent on 11/13/2015

Megan · Married on 11/07/2015

Best venue ever for the "Best Day Ever"
    Our guests were Wowed
    Everything was perfect !!
    The staff treated us like a member of the family
    Every detail was taken care of
    The food was cooked to perfection
    Our wedding coordinator Erin was there every step of the way , she went above and beyond
    We even bought our favors from the Spa and they wrapped them for us
    Night of wedding suite was specially decorated and made everything perfect
    The Catalina Terrace was a perfect site for the ceremony , the views of the ocean were breathtaking
    Can't thank them enough

Sent on 01/02/2016

Jessica · Married on 04/25/2015

Location, food, service and staff were all topnotch. Our guests had a great time!

Sent on 05/02/2015

Sophia · Married on 09/13/2014

I can not say enough wonderful things about this Hotel. I was able to have my dream Wedding here. It's a beautiful location, (we check out over 15 different places to have our wedding). Lauren Bergmann who is the Catering Sales Manager is outstanding. She is there for you every step of the way. The food is stellar. Everyone at the wedding was commenting on how great the dinner was. If I had to do all over again it would still be with the Surf and Sand Resort. We will return again for our first anniversary and future special events!

Sent on 09/22/2014

Kathryn · Married on 07/19/2014

This was my dream venue! Lauren & her team were the best & so helpful at all times. Lauren was so accommodating to all of my requests & inquiries. Everyone was so impressed with the venue. It's absolutely beautiful & the food is fantastic. Thanks for making all of my wishes come true!!

Sent on 08/04/2014
  • MrsMartin101213

Jamie · Married on 10/12/2013

I could not be more thrilled with how our wedding turned out. It was SO gorgeous. The staff was so accommodating. I am still hearing raves from our guests. Food was on point. And Lauren was THE BEST!!

Sent on 12/30/2013

Brittany · event on: 09/27/2013

The Surf & Sand is the best resort to get married at! Not only does it have the most gorgeous views on this oceanfront property but they provide you with tables, chairs, linens, table numbers, candles, glassware, etc... The food options are delicious and they provide with a wedding coordinator. Our coordinator was the best!!!

Sent on 11/07/2013

Barbara · Married on 05/03/2013

Kat and the Surf and Sand Team,

Words cannot express how much we thank you from the bottom of our hearts for all that you did to make our wedding a pure joy and a success. When we started planning this fairytale we never imagined it would ever be so amazing and weddings can be stressful. As a bride you made this the easiest journey to take and that allowed me to treasure each minute in our time that brought us to May3, 2013. As a partner in the industry you have set the bar of what this business and customer service should truly look like. I haven’t had a chance to get the written letters out yet but wanted you to know that YOU, Kat Lawrence defined our wedding day and made it spectacular. The staff of Surf and Sand, hats off to each of you as well….such an amazing team of people. Thank you!

Kat, thank you…

Barb and Matt

Sent on 06/18/2013

Ashley · Married on 11/17/2012

We just had our wedding at the Surf & Sand Resort in Laguna Beach and couldn't be happier. Yes, it is a little expensive but not in comparison to other Laguna Beach venues! They provide free of charge a wedding coordinator who helps the day of your wedding go as smoothly as possible and helps get you ready up until the day of! The food is AMAZING... NOT your normal lame wedding food. ALL of our guests told us that our food (the Luau buffet) was the BEST food they had ever had at a wedding! Highly recommend and we'd do it again in a heartbeat! :)

Sent on 11/28/2012

George · Married on 05/19/2012

We had an amazing wedding coordinator, Michelle, who took care of everything and made sure that our wedding didn't have any problems or disasters. She truly is awesome. My wife didn't have to worry about anything except when to get ready and when to come to the ceremony. Michelle made sure all the vendors were on their game and had everything set up exactly how we wanted.
    The Surf and Sand staff will do all they can to make sure your guests experience how a 5 star resort treats their guests.
    Highly recommended and go with the preferred vendors if you can. Makes it really easy to get married.

Thanks Michelle for everything.

Sent on 07/08/2012

Natalie · Married on 10/28/2011

This hotel is amazing! From the start they took care of our every need and everyone was very friendly. They knew we were getting married that weekend so they upgraded us to the penthouse suite and brought us Champagne and Strawberries to our room, which made it that much more special for us!
    We could not have had a better experience and will recommend this hotel to everyone! Thank You for an unforgettable wedding weekend!

Sent on 11/11/2011

Natalie · Married on 08/07/2011

I could not have asked for a more perfect venue. The Surf and Sand made our wedding day something to remember. It was such a gorgeous location overlooking the ocean. Our pictures look amazing. The reception was in a beautiful ballroom with just the right amount of space for our guests. Sandy was awesome to work with and was always quick to respond to any and all questions we had along the way. The food was so delicious and I heard nothing but praise from all of our guests!

Sent on 09/14/2011
  • Sara

Sara · Married on 05/22/2011

The Surf and Sand was the absolute perfect place for our wedding. My husband and I had a deeply emotional attachment to the resort itself because we had celebrated many milestones in our relationship there already. When we decided that we wanted to get married there it was like the stars aligned and everything we wanted became a reality. My fairy godmother for the day was SANDY!!! She is everything I could have hoped for and so much more. She answered every single one of my bridezilla emails (even though I swore I was not a bridezilla, I know I got a little crazy from time to time) she worked with us on every detail of the ceremony and reception. She even (magically) pulled the chairs we wanted out of thin air the day before the wedding. This place is not only breathtakingly beautiful, it is a full service experience that will make any bride feel like a princess. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Sent on 07/15/2011

Audrey · Married on 05/01/2010

Love, love, love this place. It's Laguna Beach's gem.

We came up with a wild idea in August 2009. He had a big family, my family had too many fantasies about what our day should have been. So...1 trip to Vegas together, we decided to do it our way. Let's do an engagement party turned surprise wedding. We were put in touch with Sandy, the head caterer.

Let me tell you. Sandy WAS our wedding coordinator. She made everything a reality. She was really quick in responding to our questions, answered emails faster than I could ask the next question. They say no one is a mind reader. Sandy was. And she made things happen. Like for instance, I don't like pretty wedding food. Our favorite meal? A full on Thanksgiving meal. Turkey and all the trimmings, down to the biscuits from our favorite recipes. Ever heard of anyone NOT liking Thanksgiving? Not us, and definitely a surprise to all of our guests who devoured the meal, thankful that the Surf and Sand had catered our big day.

Sandy is detailed, organized, funny and capable. I have the ultimate respect for her. She even came up with the awesome suggestion that we buy 4 flip cameras so that our day could be secretly documented (by our friends that were "in the know"). A collaborator, a confidante and a friend for life.

In my opinion, Sandy is the Surf and Sand. Sandy was the reason our day was perfect. Sandy, Sandy, Sandy. Ask for Sandy. :)

Sent on 05/17/2010

Summer · Married on 10/25/2008

The Surf and Sand Resort was the perfect place for our wedding. Sandy helped by answering all of our questions and referred us to the best vendors. We would 100% reccommend the Surf and Sand Resort for your wedding venue. Our guests loved the beautiful views and great service.

Sent on 11/18/2009

Kristen · Married on 08/23/2014

The Surf & Sand is one of the best venues in southern california. We were married at the Surf & Sand on August 23, 3014 on the Catalina Terrace over looking the ocean and our reception was held in the large ballroom after the ceremony.

The Surf & Sand is perfect if you are looking for a venue that will do half the work for you. We didn't have to worry about bringing in outside rentals and the catering team at the resort did a fabulous job! The food was ouststanding, the attention to detail by the catering staff was beyond our expectations, and overall we had an amazing wedding!!

Sent on 10/05/2014