Sunny Events Reviews

Sunny Events 3
Sunny Events 4
Sunny Events 5

Rosanne · Married on 09/15/2018

We had such a fantastic experience working with Sunny as our day of coordinator, and I just cannot recommend her enough! She was suggested to us when we booked our wedding at the Lafayette Hotel in San Diego, and it was by far the best decision we ever made in our wedding planning.

My partner and I consider ourselves pretty organized people already, but having the ability to check in with Sunny throughout the planning process was SO helpful. There were so many details we had not considered and Sunny's experience in wedding events was extremely apparent in every email and phone conversation we had. We planned our wedding entirely remotely, and Sunny was so easy to work with and so flexible in scheduling check ins.

I can't even begin to imagine how the wedding day would have went without Sunny's assistance. I don't know how she managed to help us find a missing checkbook and somehow coordinated our cake cutting at the same time so that we stayed right on schedule. Don't even get me started on how professional Sunny was in handling a potential wedding crasher, in addition to my tired brain calling her right before the ceremony asking, "Wait, what am I supposed to be doing right now?" (She gave me a timetable to follow, and the ceremony ran so smoothly guests were raving afterwards.)

I'm sure Sunny did much, much more than what I was able to notice in order to keep our big day on track without hitches. From beginning to end, Sunny was wonderful to work with and you wouldn't regret having her as your coordinator. Thank you so much, Sunny! You're the best!

Sent on 09/21/2018

Brenna · Married on 06/25/2018

Sunny is amazing! We could not have done it without her.

Sent on 07/23/2018

Craig · Married on 06/02/2018

Sunny was a huge asset to me and my husband as the date approached. Despite my insistence that I didn't need help planning my own wedding, my friends convinced me otherwise. And I was so glad they did. She was very thorough and patient with last minute changes and multiple questions. On the day of the event, she really hustled to make sure guests were being taken care of as well as the happy couple.

Sent on 06/05/2018

Madison · Married on 04/07/2018

Sunny was great to work with through our whole planning process. We had our wedding at The Lafayette Hotel and she is very knowledgeable on the venue and always went out of her way to troubleshoot and problem solve for a couple small mishaps along the way that ended up working themselves out. Our day went very smoothly and we didn’t have to worry about small logistics because she was there to make sure everything went smoothly!

Sent on 04/19/2018

Rhiannon · Married on 02/24/2018

I couldn’t have asked for a better “Day of Coordinator!” Sunny made sure that everything went smoothly on my wedding day. She also was super helpful leading up to the big day and reminded me about certain things I would have otherwise overlooked.

Sent on 02/27/2018

Taylor · Married on 12/31/2017

I have had the pleasure of working with Sunny on multiple events and have been impressed with her professionalism, attention to detail and always positive demeanor every time. She has the uncanny ability to put everyone she works with at ease and considers all aspects of her events to ensure a seamless and stress-free experience for her clients, venues and contracted vendors. I highly recommend Sunny Events to all brides I meet and will continue to do so as often as possible.

Sent on 01/02/2018

Tristan · Married on 12/03/2017

Ran the tightest ship while being a joy everywhere she went! Sunny was everything and more: punctual, direct, experienced, confident, responsive, intuitive, and was known and loved by all of our vendors. I will recommend her to all my friends.

Sent on 12/17/2017
    Sunny Events 6
    Sunny Events 7
    Sunny Events 8

Elyse · Married on 11/17/2017

Sunny is amazing! Her bubbly attitude was infectious and she just made my wedding day run as smoothly as it could. She really was my saving grace on my big day.

Sent on 11/18/2017

Sophia · Married on 11/04/2017

Sunny is the BEST! There are so many moving parts that go into planning your dream wedding and Sunny really made our dreams come true! When we first started the wedding planning process we were a bit overwhelmed. We had an idea of what we wanted our wedding to be like but we didn't really know how to put it together. Sunny is one of the most organized, friendly, and professional people we have ever met. She made the the planning process fun and stress free. The day of our wedding we walked into our venue and were in shock, it was perfect! Sunny kept all of the stress off of us and handled everything with the vendors to help make our day truly special. The day of the wedding she was behind the scenes making everything go smoothly, if there were any problems at all we wouldn't know about it. I don't think our wedding would have been as amazing as it was without her. I would HIGHLY recommend her to anyone, she will make sure you have the wedding of your dreams.

Sent on 11/12/2017

Anthony · event on 09/18/2017

Sunny has coordinated several events, most including performance elements, for Backyard Renaissance Theatre Company, where I am Producing Director. She has always been thorough, helpful, accommodating, understanding, communicative, and responsive- both before the event and during. We have and will continue to work with her whenever possible because we know we are in good hands when we do!

Sent on 11/18/2017

lisa · Married on 08/12/2017

Sunny was great. I had my concerns about the wedding venue and she made sure that she handled them all and handled us as well all the time with a smile on her face. I have been an event planner for over 20 years and hiring Sunny was a very smart idea so that I could enjoy my day. I was a little worried that, based on my experience, I would be disappointed, but she proved me wrong in every way. If I could give her more than 5 stars in every area, I would. Thank you Sunny for helping me relax and enjoy my day.

Sent on 08/18/2017

Sunny Events's reply:

Thank you Lisa! You really transformed that ballroom and it looked fantastic! Just like the Blue Bayou. Thank you for being so organized and on top of all your details! Congrats to you both!

Eva · Married on 08/05/2017

Sunny and her assistant Brent were incredible! I was a bride who wanted to do most of the planning myself, but when it came to the wedding day, I didn't want to think about a thing. Sunny allowed that to happen and then some! She was quick to respond to any questions leading up to the day, was great at orchestrating the rehearsal and was very helpful in bringing up points you may not have thought about. When it came to managing the vendors on the wedding day, she handled everything and we were truly able to just enjoy ourselves. Hiring Sunny as your day of coordinator will be a decision you will not regret!

Sent on 08/10/2017

Sunny Events's reply:

Eva! Brent and I enjoyed your wedding so much! That house was so lovely and you put so much thought into all your details. Everything was exquisite and I can't wait to see your pictures!

Kim · Married on 07/08/2017

If we could describe Sunny in one word, it would be "AWESOME". But we'd like to include a few more. We couldn't have wished for a better wedding coordinator. Her attention to detail was surprising, there were things she brought up that we had no idea we had to make decisions about. She definitely made sure everything went smooth on our big day. It was an amazing day. Our stress level was next to zero the day of the wedding. Which allowed us to enjoy the special moments with our loved ones! Thank you for everything Sunny, it all came together wonderfully!

Sent on 07/10/2017

Sunny Events's reply:

Thank you Kim and Kaycee! I loved working with you two and meeting your beautiful daughter! Congrats again and hugs to all three of you!

Amy · Married on 06/17/2017

Our wedding day ran smoothly and perfectly ONE HUNDRED percent thanks to Sunny! She kept us on our timeline the entire night, everything was taken care without ANY day-of stress, and she was also a huge help prior to the wedding during the planning process. I could not recommend her higher, we were blown away by her professionalism and expertise.

Sent on 07/06/2017

Sunny Events's reply:

Amy thank you so much! You two were fabulous to work with and I am so glad I got to help out with your special day! I really adored all the unique touches DJ brought to the ballroom! Congrats to you both and give Lady a squeeze for me!
  • W

whitney · Married on 05/27/2017

Sunny was an AMAZING coordinator. Hire her. She was thorough, professional, and made sure the day ran smooth. There was not one hiccup during our wedding; and that was all thanks to Sunny.

Sent on 05/30/2017

Sunny Events's reply:

Whitney! It was so good to catch up with you! I am so glad that I got to help with your wedding! It was so unique and fun! It was kind of like a mini SDSU reunion!

jessica · Married on 01/21/2017

Sunny,
    You are amazing and took care of every detail. Our wedding/reception was a huge success thanks to your help!
    We couldn't have done it without you!
    Thank so much!
    Jessica Russell Calderon

Sent on 01/23/2017

Sunny Events's reply:

Thank you Jessica! I am so happy I got to be a part of your special day! I adored your fiesta theme and all of you unique and colorful decor. The paper flowers were especially fun. I can't wait to see the pictures! Congrats to you and Adrian!

Anna · Married on 01/07/2017

Sunny made our day happen. Our wedding was at our friends home and diy everything. Even though she told me I was crazy for wanting to to my own flowers she was there with the information and help to make it happen. I was disorganized and had a terrible cold, lost my voice the day before the wedding and she took all of the crazy in stride and made our wedding smooth and beautiful. She also helped to organize our super secret Princess Bride/ Spaceballs Priest muppet style puppet ceremony. Sunny could hold a beautiful and organized wedding on a battle field. We are so happy with our wedding! Thank you Sunny ???

Sent on 01/28/2017

Sunny Events's reply:

Anna, my love! So much love for you and Dan. Life throws you curve balls but you are one of the strongest women I know you will always come out on top! Also, thank you for giving me the experience of watching puppets officiate a wedding!

Lynne · Married on 12/16/2016

Sunny absolutely made my Wedding day so special that I felt that she was a part of my family who only wanted the best for me. Her responses to emails, texts, calls, and meetings were prompt and definitely helped ease any stress or worry--always keeping me in the loop from beginning to end. Trusting someone with details and to handle the reigns of such a big event in my life is a huge deal and I thought Sunny did a spectacular job. I would recommend to give her a chance and she won't let you down.

Sent on 12/25/2016

Sunny Events's reply:

Thank you Lynne! So happy you had a wonderful day!

Samantha · Married on 11/05/2016

I can't say enough about how helpful Sunny was for our wedding. I could not have made it through the day without her. She was so professional and everything was on time. I felt like I didn't have to worry about a thing because Sunny had everything under control. She was calm, cool and collected. I didn't think I needed a day of coordinator but it was so worth it and I would definitely recommend Sunny!

Sent on 12/28/2016

Sunny Events's reply:

Sam- I can't tell you what it meant to me to be a part of this wonderful event! I am so happy that Garrett has you in his life. It was lovely to see his family again and to meet yours. Congratulations to you both!

Britney · Married on 10/29/2016

Sunny is fantastic! She is easy to reach, flexible, super organized and has great ideas to add extra flair to your wedding. Having her be our day of coordinator took all the last minute stress off our shoulders as we had complete trust in Sunny. She kept us on time, took care of all the decor, vendors and tiny details! Couldn't have been happier with our choice to hire Sunny! We would highly recommend her to anyone looking for a dependable, affordable and professional day of coordinator.

Sent on 11/13/2016

Sunny Events's reply:

Thank you Britney! I loved the details of your wedding! Stone is one of my favorite venues and I think it really matched the vibe of your wedding well. Congrats to you and Aaron!

Christina · Married on 10/01/2016

Sunny is simply amazing. I got married this past Saturday and cannot say enough great things about her. She is organized, patient, calm, and caring. I felt like she genuinely wanted me to have the best day of my life. When we first started working together she was detailed about what I could expect and plan for. She created detailed timelines for our big day and a detailed diagram of our ballroom. On the big day when we had an issue with our furniture vendor, she jumped into action providing me with a Plan B and tracked down the MIA vendor. If you are looking for a day-of coordinator you will not be disappointed with choosing Sunny!

Sent on 10/06/2016

Sunny Events's reply:

Thank you so much Christina! Your wedding was so stylish and unique! I loved being a part of it! Best wishes!

Stephanie · Married on 07/23/2016

We hired Sunny as our Day of Coordinator for our wedding this past July. She was amazing! We met with her 3 times leading up to the wedding to go over details throughout the planning process, and these meetings were always very helpful. She was friendly, professional, and organized. Sunny was also very quick to respond to emails and texts! On the actual day, she handled all of the communication with our other vendors and everything went smoothly. We would definitely recommend her to anyone planning a wedding :)

Sent on 09/12/2016

Sunny Events's reply:

Thank you Stephanie! Your wedding was so lovely!

Jessica · Married on 07/09/2016

Sunny was an absolute dream to work with. My wedding was in San Diego but I live elsewhere. Sunny took the time to FaceTime with me, set up meetings with my venue to go over details and always responded promptly to my questions or concerns. Sunny thought of everything and made the preparation for our wedding stress free and enjoyable. Our wedding was perfect and I know the reason for it was Sunny. She made sure we were where needed to be and stuck to the schedule. She checked in to see how we were and if we needed anything numerous times. She orchestrated our wedding beautifully and I cannot thank her enough for her amazing work.

Sent on 09/29/2016

Sunny Events's reply:

Thank you so much! I am so happy I could help! Best Wishes!!

Martyna · Married on 06/25/2016

Sunny was wonderful! We hired her last year to do our wedding this past June. After meeting with her I felt very comfortable with her taking on the DOC role. Because I did most of the planning, hiring vendors and creating my own decorations all I needed was for Sunny to put it into play the day of our wedding. And she didn't disappoint! She even brought in one of her friends to decorate our reception hall so that she can send me down the isle at church. We met with Sunny 3-4 times throughout the process and she was very attentive and responded to all emails and texts immediately. She met with us at our reception hall and even gave us some fun ideas she had seen throughout her experience.

On the day of the wedding, Sunny was prompt and took care of everything! She worked closely with our Banquet Manager and made sure everything was set up, on time and that we were on time for everything also.

Sunny was great, affordable and we would definitely recommend her to any of our friends :)

Sent on 08/17/2016

Sunny Events's reply:

Thank you Martyna! I had so much fun with your wedding!

Sunny is amazing! She made our wedding day run smoothly! It was perfect! She is also just an awesome person to work with!

Sent on 06/05/2016