Sunken gardens Reviews

Sunken gardens 6
Sunken gardens 7
  • Kelley

Kelley M · Getting married on 03/27/2021

Excited to get married at Sunken Gardens!

Sunken Gardens was our first choice for a wedding venue and I'm so excited to exchange wedding vows with my future husband in 2021. Sarah helped show us the venue space and provided details and options for ceremony, cocktail, and reception areas. Sunken Gardens is absolutely stunning and provides a home away from home feel for those who would love to get married somewhere tropical!

Sent on 09/08/2019
  • Lairhe

Lairhe · Married on 05/19/2019

Sunken Garden was my perfect dream Wedding

Sunken Garden and their team was seriously amazing! I couldn’t have ask for better people to work with like Stacey and Sarah, and couldn’t have ask for a more stunning and beautiful venue. All my guests for in awe on how beautiful the gardens are, and all the places to take photos are amazing!

Sent on 06/12/2019
    Sunken gardens 8
    Sunken gardens 9
  • Allyson

Allyson · Married on 04/05/2019

Most Magical Wedding Venue

The most magical place for a wedding!

The venue speaks for itself in how gorgeous it is. From the moment my finance and I stepped foot onto this serene piece of heaven we instantly knew this was our perfect spot for our magical fairy tail wedding. And we signed the dotted line that day! We knew we wanted an outside garden wedding and this was it!
    Sarah, Stacey and the whole Sunken Gardens team did an OUTSTANDING job from start to finish.
    Our ceremony was in the North Lawn, our cocktail hour was under the Oak Pavilion, and our reception was outside in the garden under the most perfect big white tent.
    We were going for that "secret garden/fairy-tale garden" look-and-feel and that is exactly how it turned out. We live right here in lovely Saint Petersburg, so we were able to visit multiple times before our wedding day so I could truly plan and picture where things would go, The girls helped with all of my unanswered questions and their were A LOT.
    I was a VERY overwhelmed bride at times and would show up at their office with a question and both Stacey & Sarah would always reassure me that everything was going to be PERFECT and that it was.
    They went above & beyond keeping me sane and answering & helping me with so many questions and for that I am forever grateful but what they really did was keep this bride from a total melt down with their support and how professional they both were. All while having fun and making me laugh too! We had such an amazing experience with everything from our rehearsal well so well organized and detailed & our magical wedding day well it was PERFECT
    We made a life time of memories with our family & friends it was a PERFECT VENUE and the history behind this hidden slice of heaven is timeless..
    We bought a keepsake block without names & wedding date, I see my husband & myself going to Sunken Garden a lot on special occasions and walk through memory lane…hand & hand. It was such a romantic, fun, beautiful and simply teacupful place to say I DO surround by spectacular greenery, palm trees, flowers, butterflies, fountains, animals, nature honestly how could you not get married or have any kind of occasion here.
    Our guest were overwhelmed with the beauty of the garden and are still talking about how amazing everything was. We did hire great vendors too that helped very very much too!
    We highly recommend Sunken Gardens & Give their staff and property a 5 star rating across the board! Thank you all so much
    A very happy bride & groom
    Allyson & Jason McCandless

Sunken gardens 22
    Sunken gardens 23

Briana · Married on 02/23/2019

Beautiful venue!

It was absolutely beautiful the day of our wedding! We held our ceremony on the North Lawn. The staff made it go flawlessly. I'm so glad I had their help to coordinate our flower delivery and violinist, I would not have had time to do everything myself! They had everything set right on time, but were flexible if we needed a few extra minutes. Overall they were very helpful and we loved the gardens!

Sent on 03/19/2019

Katie Wallace · Married on 02/10/2019

Dream Wedding

Our wedding couldn't have gone more perfect! This was a beautiful venue for a wedding. The pictures after the ceremony turned out fabulous. The park was open to visitors, but never felt packed or uncomfortable taking pictures.

Sent on 02/20/2019
  • Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 02/09/2019

Sunken Gardens St Petersburg, Florida

Most magical place for a wedding! Booking Sunken Gardens for our daughters wedding venue was the best decision we made. I highly recommend this venue!

Sent on 02/12/2019
    Sunken gardens 24

Michelle · Married on 01/20/2019

Such a beautiful place!

We were so happy with our decision to book with Sunken Gardens. The coordinators made it easy for guests to get where they needed to go and everything ran smoothly. The wedding lawn was gorgeous and we had so many compliments from our vendors and our guests on the venue. Would 100% recommend to anyone wanting an affordable tropical wedding!

Sent on 03/06/2019

Alessandra · Married on 01/17/2019

Simply beautiful

We were looking for an outdoor ceremony and reception, something with lots of flowers and green. This place was absolutely perfect!! The garden where we got married was beautiful and the areas for the cocktail hour and reception were as well. We had the last two at night and they had the hanging lights from the trees... it was simply breathtaking,

Sent on 02/06/2019
  • Annalise

Annalise Mabe · Married on 12/16/2018

Sunken Gardens is Beautiful!

Sunken Gardens was our dream venue. It does book up fast so if you want to have your wedding there try not to wait too long. We ended up having ours on a Sunday which was really nice and actually qualified us for a discount. Cocktail hour in the Oak Pavilion is dreamy with their strung lights and having the reception outside was pretty magical, too!

Sent on 12/29/2018
  • Will

Will · Married on 11/10/2018

Getting Married Under a Live Oak

We were very happy with our choice to get married at Sunken Gardens. We had a morning ceremony underneath the live oak tree which was an amazing place to gather our family and backdrop for our ceremony. Everyone there was great to work with and we had no problems during the process at all. Its also great that everyone gets to wander around before/after because its built in entertainment!

Sent on 11/27/2018

Tasia · Married on 05/03/2018

Stacey and everyone else at the sunken gardens were so friendly and wonderful to deal with. The onsite coordinators made the wedding rehearsal flawless and also the the day of stress free. They were accommodating and professional. I would definitely recommend!!!!

Sent on 05/05/2018

Ashley · Married on 04/29/2018

Sunken Gardens is a magical place. The staff was wonderful and the day of coordinator Alan was amazing he did a great job he removed all the nerves from everyone. We had people available to help us at anytime they were there all day and all night.

Sent on 09/25/2017
  • Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 03/18/2018

We loved working with Sarah and Stacey for our Sunday morning brunch wedding at Sunken Gardens. The value was great, and the venue was beautiful. We got married outside in the Oak Pavilion, then our guests got to explore the gardens before heading to the Garden Room for our reception. Everything ran so smoothly and we got so many compliments on the venue.

Sent on 05/10/2018
    Sunken gardens 25
    Sunken gardens 26
    Sunken gardens 27
    Sunken gardens 28
    Sunken gardens 29
    Sunken gardens 30

Gresjana · Married on 03/10/2018

I am in love with Sunken Garden!! I love gardens and this was the perfect venue for me to have my wedding at! The oak pavilion and all the ceremony sites are gorgeous! Stacey and Sarah were always there to help me. They answered all of my questions very quickly and made the process stress free for me! My guests had a great time and I only got compliments from them! Amazing experience!!

Sent on 03/21/2018
  • Saya

Saya · Married on 03/02/2018

Stacey and Barbara on the Sunken Gardens team are absolutely amazing! The venue speaks for itself in how gorgeous it is. We had our ceremony in the North Lawn, our cocktail hour was under the Oak Pavilion, and our reception was inside in the Garden Room. We were going for that "secret garden/fairytale garden" look-and-feel and that is exactly how it turned out. Once we signed with Sunken Gardens, we were able to visit the venue multiple times before our wedding day so we could truly plan and picture where things would go, how we would want things set-up, and all of those details. Stacey helped with all of the planning and she was beyond helpful. I had so many questions, just trying to ensure I had everything in place, and she was super responsive and so accommodating with everything! Barbara helped for the rehearsal and the day-of and she was so sweet and helpful, as well. They had a staff of six that helped the day-of and though I didn't get to meet them all individually they all helped in making our big day more than perfect. If you want a gorgeous venue with an amazing staff, Sunken Gardens is your place!

Sent on 03/24/2018
    Sunken gardens 31
    Sunken gardens 32
    Sunken gardens 33

Liz · Married on 02/10/2018

My husband and I were recently married at the Gardens. The staff here is incredible! They were there to answer all of my questions and made me feel comfortable in my choice to wed here. I must also say, the day of coordinators were AWESOME! They made sure we knew what we were doing and truly ensured our day went according to plans. I would highly recommend this venue to anyone who is interested.

Sent on 02/27/2018

Matthew · Married on 10/19/2017

Sunken Gardens is the venue for the wedding of your dreams! The over 100 year old garden creates a magical atmosphere that your guests will absolutely love!!

We had our ceremony on the north lawn, the cocktail reception under the 250 year old live oaks in the Oak Pavillion, and the dinner inside the spacious garden room.

The staff at the gardens are wonderful to work with and will make your day easy and fun.

Sent on 11/09/2017
    Sunken gardens 34
    Sunken gardens 35
    Sunken gardens 36

Halima · Married on 10/15/2017

Sunken Gardens is such a great venue. Not only did the day of coordinator, Barbara and Stephanie, work well with the other vendors, but they helped us along the way. They made sure we had our ceremony outside even though it rained literally 3 minutes after the ceremony ended. haha. They were super understanding, patient and were there to support us every step of the way. Everything looked so beautiful and we were so happy how it all turned out! The pictures below are the outside portion,were we got married which was the north lawn, but the reception was indoors. The first picture is also the cocktail hour area but because of the rain our guests could only stay out for like 10 minutes, but still beautiful.

Sent on 10/22/2017
    Sunken gardens 37
    Sunken gardens 38
    Sunken gardens 39

Megan · Married on 07/29/2017

Sunken Gardens was amazing from start today finish. Their coordinator was there every step of the way and was prepared when we had to move the ceremony inside due to inclement weather. Their ballroom was amazing; it's huge with enough space for everything and accommodated all of my guest very well.

Sent on 09/14/2017

Ashley · Married on 12/10/2016

Sarah, Stacey, and the rest of the Sunken Gardens team were a pleasure to work with for our wedding ceremony and reception in the gardens. We worked with them for almost a year and everything went perfectly! The weather was better than anyone could have predicted, but I suppose that credit cannot be given to the Sunken Gardens team. The coordination between Sunken Gardens, our day of coordinator, and all our vendors was flawless -- as far as I know, there were no issues! Our rehearsal was also smooth and the SG team was quick to adapt to any proposed changes. Our guests were so impressed with our wedding at Sunken Gardens!

Sent on 12/28/2016
  • I

Ivana · Married on 10/01/2016

Not only is this venue beautiful, the staff is very friendly and always quick to respond. They were very accomdating and helpful when it came to answering questions and easing my mind when it came to different situations.

Sent on 10/09/2016

Audra · Married on 10/18/2015

The venue was beautiful and the weather was perfect. The whole crew at Sunken Gardens was wonderful to work

Sent on 10/20/2015

Devon · Married on 10/25/2014

Not only is Sunken Gardens absolutely gorgeous itself, the staff at this venue are absolutely amazing to work with. Sarah Carvalis, Natalie White, Stacey Faqua, and Barbara (so sorry, I don't know her last name) were just a few of the wonderful employees with whom we had the pleasure of sharing our wedding!

We got married in the Oak Pavilion; we had a smaller wedding (~80 people) and loved the backdrop of the gardens with the brick layout extending throughout. My husband and I got engaged under an oak tree, so it was important to us to carry the symbolism of an oak with us into our ceremony. The Sunken Gardens Oak Pavilion was perfect!!! The Garden Room, where we had our reception, was perfectly sized and was VERY easy to decorate and make our own. The rest of the gardens, where we took our pictures, were absolutely stunning - greens, oranges, reds, purples, yellows.. any color of nature you can possibly imagine. Such a gorgeous venue!

Sarah, Natalie, and Stacey were extremely attentive to all of my crazy questions throughout the process. They made planning this wedding (which I did on my own, I didn't have a coordinator) much easier and allowed me the freedom to do what I wanted with decorations, seating, etc. Barbara was our wedding day coordinator, who also worked with us at the rehearsal, and she was fantastic!! She was knowledgeable, professional, and knew exactly what she was doing - she made us feel super special and really adhered to our questions and needs. The rehearsal, ceremony, and reception were PERFECT, and we have the Sunken Gardens staff to thank for that!!

Sent on 11/14/2014

Amanda · Married on 10/18/2014

Absolutely amazing! I would highly recommend for a future couple to have their destination wedding here!

Sent on 11/10/2014