31 Reviews for Sundial Beach Resort & Spa

Chair Covers (1)
Decor (1)
Lighting (1)
31 Sundial Beach Resort & Spa Reviews

Tiffany and her crew exceeded our expectations. I had concern, as we had never set foot on the property prior to arriving for the wedding. Everything was beautiful, and just as my daughter had planned. They were easy and kind to work with. Everyone who attended loved the resort, and many guests were overheard discussing plans to return next year.

Profile Picture Marty, 2/24/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Ashley and everyone at Sundial Resort did an amazing job helping me plan a wedding from Iowa. The food was delicious, the setting was beautiful and Ashley was amazing at making it all come together. I couldn't have asked for anything more, it was truly my dream wedding!

Profile Picture Darcy, 2/4/18, 1 Review
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

My husband and I had the wedding that we always dreamed of at the Sundial Beach Resort and Spa. Our wedding coordinator Tiffany was the best! She made sure that every little detail was perfect, that way we could have the wedding of our dreams. She was super easy to talk to and you could really tell that she cares about each of the brides and grooms who choose to get married at Sundial. The Sundial Beach Resort was absolutely beautiful! We had a balcony overlooking the water. We also loved all the activities that there is to do! We played tennis, rode bikes, went paddle boarding and kayaking, and enjoyed the pool and tiki bar. The food was amazing as well. We had lunch at the Turtle's Pool & Beach bar where I would highly recommend the shrimp, crab, spinach & artichoke dip. We also had dinner at the Japanese steakhouse Shima which was fantastic! If your looking to have that beautiful beach wedding then Sundial is the perfect venue!

Profile Picture Nicole, 12/16/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Sundial was absolutely the perfect place for our destination wedding! I searched and toured SEVERAL places trying to find the right place. Sundial was perfect for us, not only because of its breathtaking beach and lawns and courtyards (which are truly gorgeous) but guests have a variety of activities and things do to, without ever having to leave the resort. We were looking for a place that even guests who do not or did not want to lay out on the beach, would still have things to do. Sundial offers kayak, paddle board, pickleball court, and bike rentals, which is all included in your resort fee. Additionally, they have fun shelling activities and the staff is so friendly! It was also important to me for my guests, including myself and our wedding party, to be able to come and relax during their stay. It was so nice to not have to worry about decorating and setting up the day before or last minute details. Tiffany and the entire Sundial staff truly made sure we were taken care. In addition, the whole wedding process was simple. Tiffany was always prompt to answer all my questions and emails, and was always happy to help. They also provided a list of suggested vendors to help in selecting a florist ,entertainment and any other amenities we may have needed. Being so far away (Wisconsin,) we were unable to go and check out vendors ourselves, so having a list of people Sundials and trusts really helped us out. We are so happy we chose Sundial and would recommend to anyone looking for a destination/Florida wedding!

Profile Picture Alyssa, 12/3/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

My husband and I got married in the beautiful beach venue of Sanibel beach at the Sundial Beach Resort & Spa. Tiffany, our day-of-coordinator, did an amazing job providing our vision that we had while remaining within our budget. She was more than accomodating. The venue is a paradise get away with great service, quality food and a beautiful view. We looking forward to celebrating our wedding anniversary at Sundial next year.

Profile Picture Stephanie , 10/15/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

The Sundial is an amazing place to get married.

To start, you could not ask for a better event planner than Tiffany. She was so responsive to our many, many, MANY questions. She approached the whole process with such calm…it really put us at ease.

The catering staff is as close to perfection as you will get. They were friendly and helpful and just so attentive to our every need. Early on, the bartender identified my mom as the mother of the groom, and from that point on, whenever she approached the bar, he called her up to the front of the line, announcing, “Mother of the groom gets her drink first!”

And our food was to die for. My wife and I are both foodies, and we loved every last bit, from the hors d’oeuvres served during the cocktail hour, to the salad with artichoke hearts, to the main courses like the Florida grouper, it was all fantastic and delicious.

All the venues were perfect, especially the lace murex lawn where we had our reception. It’s tucked away from everything else, surrounded by bushes, creating an intimate, private atmosphere for the reception.

And the resort in general is a great place for a destination wedding. The food at the resort restaurants is fantastic. The pool is heated, there’s a little slide for kids (and some adults too!). And the Gulf is right outside your rooms.

If you’re looking for a beach destination wedding, you absolutely must consider the Sundial. It is the best place around for a wedding.

Profile Picture James, 7/15/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Parking, Wheelchair Access, Accommodations, Cake, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Set Up, Barware, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Uncovered Outdoor

Having our wedding events at Sundial was the BEST decision we could have made! The resort is absolutely breathtaking, resort staff is friendly and attentive, and Tiffany is amazing! From the first tour with Tiffany over a year before our wedding date, we knew Sundial (and Tiffany) would be perfect for our wedding. Throughout the year of planning, Tiffany was my “right hand woman”. She was available with quick responses whenever I needed anything. Tiffany was super organized, professional and genuinely wanted to make sure our wedding was exactly what we wanted. I couldn’t have done it without her - even my father recognized that and thanked her during his toast! We had three days of wedding events at Sundial: Welcome Reception, Ceremony, Reception and Sunday Brunch and they were all perfect. The food wonderful and the staff at all three events went above and beyond to be sure our guests were enjoying themselves and the groom and I had everything we needed. We even had a waitress at brunch willingly offer to make plates for our children so we could mingle with guests. We used Turtles Beach (with the amber string lights –amazing!) for the Welcome Reception, Beach ceremony, Sundial Ballroom for reception with cocktail hour on the Terrace and the Waterview room for brunch. One of my favorite things about Sundial was it was big enough to accommodate our wedding size, but small enough to have all events within close proximity. It made it really simple for our 70 guests (who all stayed at the resort) to get where they needed to be for wedding events and everyone was able to hang out together during the days, mostly gathering around Turtles Pool Bar. Our guests are still talking about what a great time they had at both at the wedding events and on “vacation” and how they’ll definitely be returning to Sundial. We can wait to take more vacations with and without kids to Sundial in the future!

Profile Picture Megan, 6/24/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Accommodations, Cake, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Set Up, Altar/Arches, Chairs, Dance Floor, Tables, Uncovered Outdoor

We had the most amazing time celebrating our wedding at the Sundial resort! Tiffany was absolutely amazing to work with and made sure we were all taken care of! Even with some rain we wouldn't have changed a single thing! The spa on location was perfect and everything was more than we could have ever imagined. We are so thankful to the Sundial resort and their team for making our dream wedding a reality

Profile Picture Marissa, 4/22/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health, Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning

Tiffany and the rest of the group at the Sundial really made our wedding happen! They rallied behind us(after an unfortunate event) and somehow made our weddingg happen in 48hours. This team is very special and we appreciate them to the fullest! Our wedding was perfection thanks to the team!

Profile Picture Beth, 10/11/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

From the moment I walked into the Sundial, I knew this was going to be where I would get married. The property is absolutely beautiful, capturing everything that is "Old Florida" with a modern vibe. It is the perfect destination wedding venue without needing a passport!
We had almost 100 guest attend our wedding, where most including ourselves stayed on the property for 3-5 days. All of the staff knew us by first name basis by the end of Day 1; from the guys setting up beach chairs and umbrellas, to Jason and Josh at the pool Tiki Hut bar (best bartenders on the island BTW), and the rest of of the staff just beyond accommodating.
Tiffany, the Wedding Coordinator and Paul, Food and Beverage Manager want to make sure your day and time there is perfect, they worked with me to customize and create the perfect wedding package.
I had the pleasure of meeting Chef Criss Menassa, after the pre-wedding food sampling; it was difficult narrowing my selections because everything Chef made was absolutely delicious. During our stay we ate at all of the cafes and restaurants on the property. Every meal at the resort was top notch - probably why the resort won Best Chef in 2015!
Tiffany was awesome! Always quick to reply to my emails and phone calls with any questions I had. Very attentive and caring. Tiffany and her staff made my vision come to real life!
The girls at the Kay Casperon Salon, did fantastic work - friendly and professional, captured what I was looking for.
It began to rain unexpectedly before my ceremony on the beach, Tiffany was able to get all the guest under shelter to keep them dry. Once the 'Florida Shower' passed her staff immediately dried off all the chairs so my guest can be seated in a dry chair. They were also able to quickly relocate our cocktail hour that was on the third floor outside terrace overlooking the ocean, to the inside private dining room due to the rain.
After it is all said and done, I HIGHLY recommend the Sundial to everyone.

Profile Picture Xiara, 7/30/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health, Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor, Officiant, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Specialty Beer, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Accommodations, Event Planning, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, Uncovered Outdoor

I don’t even know where to begin to describe how perfectly everything went from our contract negotiations to having to say goodbye after the wedding.
Tiffany is the catering and events manager and much more. From always answering emails to scheduling phone calls with us just to check in to see if there is anything we needed, even six months out, was a blessing. She was around all day long and even came into the salon to check on me while I was getting my hair done!
This place is GORGEOUS! We had a sunset ceremony on the beach with 50 guests. The arch was beautiful on its own though I had it decorated as well. My maid of honor was facing the sun and was blinded during the entire ceremony but luckily our ceremony was literally eight minutes so she didn’t suffer long. I suggest asking them to set up the ceremony pointed more south, then the sun wouldn’t be smackdab in someone’s. Fortunately, my husband is tall so I was able to position myself in his shadow.
When guests file out of the ceremony site, there is a nice spot for the champagne toast, hosted by the resort.
The cocktail hour was on the terrace overlooking the pool and was a great setup. We had classic cocktail jazz playing and the wait staff moved around, with trays of hor d'oeuvres. The bar setup on the terrace is a little tricky in that there is one bartender for the entire cocktail hour and when you have a lot of people, the line for a drink could get long. I think they could benefit from one other bartender during the cocktail hour just so people aren’t spending it in line.
The food: AMAZING! We had a buffet and the resort did something interesting and set it up in the hallway. This way both sides were accessible so there was no long line for food. People got their food and got back to their tables very quickly. Everything we tasted was delicious! In short, you would be as over the moon as I am, if you booked your wedding at The Sundial. The beach is pristine. The staff is exceptional!

Profile Picture Leigh, 11/6/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We are a couple from Wisconsin. Three of our immediate family members are teachers and limited to Spring Break season. Costs were high this time of year, but Sundial was the most reasonable! Not only were they reasonable, but, the venue was amazing and the staff was AWESOME! Everyone was extremely friendly and Tiffany took care of all our concerns. We hadn't been to Sanibel Island before, but I can assure you, this location didn't disappoint. We had a most perfect day. We're not planning on it....but if we had to get remarried, we'd do it at Sundial all over again!

Profile Picture Keith, 3/9/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

We just had the best experience getting married at Sundial. The most stand out things for us were: 1. Event Manager: Tiffany was awesome!!! She was responsive, accommodating, and was happy to lend her expertise whenever we needed it. She was in touch with us through out the planning process, however-during our rehearsal and the day of our wedding-she was there to walk us through what to do, where to go, and made sure that everything went as planned for our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception without missing a beat. We are so thankful to her! 2. Resort Staff: Aside from Tiffany, the resort staff is very friendly and professional. Everyone from the front desk associates, the wait staff, safety, and cleaning crew were incredibly friendly to me and our guests. They went above and beyond to be helpful both in helping us with the wedding as well as ensuring we enjoyed our stay as resort guests. 3. Food!: They were very accommodating and let us heavily customize our menu. Our guests raved about the food (and honestly, wedding food is usually nothing to write home about). Because we live states away, we went in without a tasting-and were blown away by the flavor and quality. It was beyond our expectations and I have never heard so many wedding guests compliment the food. 4. Resort Rooms/Amenities: The multiple options of condos offered at Sundial are perfect for families and friends to share if they chose. We had quite a few family members stay for a week surrounding our wedding and they raved at how happy they were with the facilities and ease of everything being in one spot. The rooms were clean, comfortable, and had all the necessities. The pool area/tiki bar is a fun spot to hang out and you are steps away from the beach. Our family and friends-ranging from age 1 to 86--all had a blast. 5. The beach/view: Sundial sits right on the beach, offering views that cannot be beat. The floor to ceiling windows and balconies facing the beach and gulf the resort offers are the

Profile Picture Kacy, 12/1/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Accommodations, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Set Up, Altar/Arches, Audio Equipment, Centerpieces, Chairs, Dance Floor, Tables, Uncovered Outdoor

My husband and I just got married at the Sundial last month. When we booked a year ago, it wasn't much of a consideration because we knew so little about it and hadn't heard any recent reviews. We are SO glad we took the time to make the visit to Sundial. From our first meeting with Alicia, we knew this would be the perfect place to get married. She helped us picture our wedding as it would be. From then on, we worked with her, David, and Tiffany, who along with the rest of the Sundial Staff, provided the best possible place to say our vows and celebrate with our friends and family! We had a beautiful ceremony on the beach, followed by cocktail hour on the beach, with dinner and dancing upstairs. The site was beautiful, the food was perfect, and as a destination bride, Alicia and her team handled everything, so that I was able to relax. They communicated with all the vendors on the island, and created an incredibly beautiful, and fun day and evening. The staff was attentive and responsive, and took great care of our guests throughout the evening. A special thank you to Heather and the ladies of Kay Casperson Spa on site who did a fantastic job on all our hair and makeup and treated us like queens!!!! The Sundial has so much to offer on site, and the event staff truly works with you to make it YOUR wedding and make it beautiful and special. They walk you through every step. I would reccommend it to any bride looking to get married on beautiful Sanibel, and I'm so glad we did!

Profile Picture faith, 4/25/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We just celebrated our wedding at Sundial 10/14/17. Overall, the experience was AMAZING! Tiffany, our wedding coordinator, was awesome to work with. She gave her honest opinion about where we would like to have each part of our wedding and we were very happy with how things turned out! Being from out of state, we had never seen the resort in person. So to have Tiffany's input was so helpful in planning our special day! The only 2 areas that could have been better for us was the food at the Sea Breeze Cafe in the main lobby. The food was expensive and was not the greatest. The other only complaint was the bartender that we had for our reception, Vido. He was rude to several of our guests and was not as accommodating as the rest of the Sundial staff. Outside of those two things, we had an amazing time! I would highly recommend Sundial as your wedding destination!!!

Profile Picture Megan, 10/14/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

It will be the best decision you will make regarding your wedding! Everything went as smooth as can be. Tiffany is AMAZING! from the get go. She will go above and beyond to make sure your day is more than perfect. The resort is beautiful. The options for ceremony & reception are almost endless and will accommodate any preferences. The guest rooms are comforting and luxurious. The staff are all friendly and the best to work with. Thanks you Tiffany & Sundial for making our day more than we could have imagined!

Profile Picture Brandy, 6/5/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Parking, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Uncovered Outdoor, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Accommodations, Event Planning, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Open Bar
4.7

We are so happy we choose Sundial to have our wedding! Tiffany was great to work with and helped us create exactly what we envisioned. She always responded quickly to emails and answered any questions that I had. She was also very personable and always made us feel important. We even did a personal taste test for the food when we visited Sanibel a few months before the wedding.

Sundial fit every guest that attended from the games by the pool for the kids to the pool bar and multiple food options for the adults. I think it was a perfect location to have a wedding and we are very happy we choose Sundial on Sanibel Island.

Profile Picture Stephanie, 6/10/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

We had our wedding and reception at the Sundial and everything went smoothly. The staff was very attentive and organized toward me and my guests. My coordinator there was helpful and nice. The rooms given to us were clean and beautiful. Overall, my guests and I really enjoyed ourselves!

The only complaint I have is that at the end of the reception I forgot to take my veil and sand vase from the sand ceremony. When I realized the next morning that I did not have them, I asked the hotel and coordinator. No one could find them and I never got them back. I'm assuming someone threw them out? That really disappointed me since they were both valuable to me.

Profile Picture Alison, 6/19/11, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The venue for the ceremony was breathtaking and was everything I envisioned. The table placements for the dinner were not correct after going over the day before and was told transportation from my room to the beach was included. When the taxi ended up dropping us off she asked for money? I then was greeted by a staff member who then said don't worry we will take care of. Only minor details but overall everything went off wonderfully and couldn't of asked for anything more .

Profile Picture Audrey, 6/10/11, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Planning

We chose Sundial after gathering information about a number of "resort" venues and making a visit to a few on our first Wedding Planning trip to Sanibel. While it seemed like our wedding coordinator was slow to respond to our emails/questions at times, the resort was overall a pleasure to work with. They allowed us to be flexible with our menu, room setups (especially given the weather), and arrangements for guests. Overall the experience was positive and will be detailed in great length as we complete our wedding website at http://www.mysanibelwedding.com. Feel free to contact us if you have questions!

Profile Picture Robert, 5/14/11, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This was the perfect location for our daughter and son-in-law. Whether local or out of town guests, who wouldn't be captivated by beautiful Sanibel Island, Florida. From the spacious suite accommodations, gorgeous Gulf of Mexico back drop, delicious food, and fabulous banquet manager Tiffany O and her hard working dedicated staff the event was perfect.

Profile Picture Joanne, 10/15/16, 1 Review

Beautiful venue with wonderful staff that were extremely helpful. Everything from the people at the front desk to the planners and servers were wonderful. The staff in the spa were also amazing and did an exceptional job with hair and nails for us.

Profile Picture Karie, 12/12/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Open Bar, Uncovered Outdoor, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Accommodations, Event Planning, Parking

The sundial Resort and Spa was a very picturesque scene the day of our wedding. We were lucky to have a super-moon, and a gorgeous sunset. The Sundial worked with us from day one to accommodate our budget and to make our reception look beautiful the day of the wedding. We even had our rehearsal dinner at the Shima Japanese steakhouse onsite. The chefs were amazing and the food at the steakhouse was delicious. The day of the wedding Tiffany thought of so many details for our day, and she helped to set up everything up the day of the wedding. One of the details I loved was that the morning of my wedding I was able to wake up to a gulf view of the water, and I was also able to overlook my reception site. Tiffany upgraded our linens the day of the wedding, and the morning after our wedding we woke up to lunch in our refrigerator. The maid service was also very nice and accommodating! We were extremely happy that we chose the Sundial for our wedding. Our guests loved it!

Profile Picture krystle, 11/12/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Bartender(s), Cash Bar, Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Wine, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Accommodations, Barware, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Uncovered Outdoor, Buffet, Hors d'Oeuvres, Server(s)

My husband and I visited multiple resorts on Sanibel and Captiva Islands when looking for a venue for our destination wedding. We decided on Sundial for multiple reasons:

1. My husband and his family used to vacation on Sanibel Island for many years. Sundial was where my husband would spend his days at the pool, on the beach, in the game room, and the fitness room.
2. Sundial was on Sanibel Island which was a shorter commute for our guests that were traveling from nearby Fort Myers and Naples.
3. Sundial's ceremony and reception locations were within close proximity to each other.
4. Although the prices weren't inexpensive, they were considerably better than some of the other resorts on the Islands.

With that said, I am confident that Sundial was the perfect place for my husband and I to say our vows. The guest rooms were clean and spacious. The ammenities were reasonably priced and plentiful. The staff was responsive and helpful.

I worked with Maria Palma to coordinate our wedding. She responded to all of my questions and worked with me to make sure our wedding vision came to light on the day of. She, and the Sundial staff, set up our place cards, worked with our vendors, put out decor, and much more. Because she provided this service to us we did not have to hire an outside wedding coordinator nor did we have to ask family to help with set up of the reception or ceremony area.

Everything was where it was supposed to be when it was supposed to be there and every event happened when it was scheduled to. Maria and my other vendors made this all possible.

We had a wonderful wedding day and we are greatful to Maria and Sundial for helping to make it all possible.

Profile Picture Kristin, 11/5/11, 12 Reviews