Is this your business? Claim this listing
• Customize your Storefront with your business info
• Network with and learn from other professionals
• Showcase your work with photos & videos
• Collect reviews from your clients and build more credibility

31 Reviews for Sundial Beach Resort & Spa

Indoor (1)
Local (1)
31 Sundial Beach Resort & Spa Reviews

2.9

The rooms are all individually owned condos, so they are all decorated differently and you never know what you are going to get or how clean it will be. Most of them are also a long way from the venues, so getting there in a wedding dress was ridiculous especially since our wedding coordinator was MIA the entire time and wasn’t answering the phone. She forgot about rehearsal and had already gone home by the time it was supposed to start. The rooms are quite expensive for what you get. It’s cheaper to reserve rooms through their regular site than the ‘special discount rate’ they promise. We paid for a one bedroom, but they gave us a studio, claiming it was a one bedroom (the owner had altered it, removing the doors). Most of our guests were very disappointed at the room quality vs the crazy cost. The salon was horrible. I’m glad I did a trial, because a beauty school would have been better. The person they gave me was completely untrained and lazy. I could and did do a better job on my makeup. She painted me in crazy dark colors. I looked so bad it traumatized me to the point that I immediately went and bought a bunch of anti-aging stuff because she managed to make me look ten years older. The hair was so bad, I could easily have done better, but I paid to have an outside person drive there instead. I’m glad that I did because it was quite windy on the beach and the photos would have been impossible if I hadn’t had an updo.

All of that said, the food was good and the wait staff was excellent (which was good because there was a mandatory tip, I think it was about 28%). It was nice to have the chairs and arch set up for us. We paid a florist to come in and do all of the decorating. The wedding was pretty and the photos turned out well.

If I had it all to do over again, I would have the wedding there but recommend my guest stay elsewhere.

Profile Picture Rachel, 4/22/18, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, American

We are a couple from Wisconsin. Three of our immediate family members are teachers and limited to Spring Break season. Costs were high this time of year, but Sundial was the most reasonable! Not only were they reasonable, but, the venue was amazing and the staff was AWESOME! Everyone was extremely friendly and Tiffany took care of all our concerns. We hadn't been to Sanibel Island before, but I can assure you, this location didn't disappoint. We had a most perfect day. We're not planning on it....but if we had to get remarried, we'd do it at Sundial all over again!

Profile Picture Keith, 3/9/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Tiffany and her crew exceeded our expectations. I had concern, as we had never set foot on the property prior to arriving for the wedding. Everything was beautiful, and just as my daughter had planned. They were easy and kind to work with. Everyone who attended loved the resort, and many guests were overheard discussing plans to return next year.

Profile Picture Marty, 2/24/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Ashley and everyone at Sundial Resort did an amazing job helping me plan a wedding from Iowa. The food was delicious, the setting was beautiful and Ashley was amazing at making it all come together. I couldn't have asked for anything more, it was truly my dream wedding!

Profile Picture Darcy, 2/4/18, 1 Review
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

We had the most incredible wedding weekend at the Sundial Resort & Spa this past weekend!! Tiffany was amazing from the day we toured the venue right through our reception. She was so easy to work with and she went out of her way to make sure every detail was perfect and that my husband and I (and my overly involved parents) were abundantly happy. The grounds at the Sundial are absolutely beautiful and everything was picture perfect from our welcome party on Friday night to our sunset ceremony on the west lawn, our breathtaking cocktail hour on the ballroom balcony and our reception in the ballroom. The food was great both at our event and at the hotel's restaurants. The staff was super friendly and accommodating all weekend and all of our guests had an incredible time and are already talking about going back for another stay at the Sundial. I honestly could not be more pleased and would reccomend the Sundial to anyone looking to have a stress-free and amazing wedding experience!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 1/27/18, 5 Reviews
Services Used: American, Uncovered Outdoor

My husband and I had the wedding that we always dreamed of at the Sundial Beach Resort and Spa. Our wedding coordinator Tiffany was the best! She made sure that every little detail was perfect, that way we could have the wedding of our dreams. She was super easy to talk to and you could really tell that she cares about each of the brides and grooms who choose to get married at Sundial. The Sundial Beach Resort was absolutely beautiful! We had a balcony overlooking the water. We also loved all the activities that there is to do! We played tennis, rode bikes, went paddle boarding and kayaking, and enjoyed the pool and tiki bar. The food was amazing as well. We had lunch at the Turtle's Pool & Beach bar where I would highly recommend the shrimp, crab, spinach & artichoke dip. We also had dinner at the Japanese steakhouse Shima which was fantastic! If your looking to have that beautiful beach wedding then Sundial is the perfect venue!

Profile Picture Nicole, 12/16/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Sundial was absolutely the perfect place for our destination wedding! I searched and toured SEVERAL places trying to find the right place. Sundial was perfect for us, not only because of its breathtaking beach and lawns and courtyards (which are truly gorgeous) but guests have a variety of activities and things do to, without ever having to leave the resort. We were looking for a place that even guests who do not or did not want to lay out on the beach, would still have things to do. Sundial offers kayak, paddle board, pickleball court, and bike rentals, which is all included in your resort fee. Additionally, they have fun shelling activities and the staff is so friendly! It was also important to me for my guests, including myself and our wedding party, to be able to come and relax during their stay. It was so nice to not have to worry about decorating and setting up the day before or last minute details. Tiffany and the entire Sundial staff truly made sure we were taken care. In addition, the whole wedding process was simple. Tiffany was always prompt to answer all my questions and emails, and was always happy to help. They also provided a list of suggested vendors to help in selecting a florist ,entertainment and any other amenities we may have needed. Being so far away (Wisconsin,) we were unable to go and check out vendors ourselves, so having a list of people Sundials and trusts really helped us out. We are so happy we chose Sundial and would recommend to anyone looking for a destination/Florida wedding!

Profile Picture Alyssa, 12/3/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

We just had the best experience getting married at Sundial. The most stand out things for us were: 1. Event Manager: Tiffany was awesome!!! She was responsive, accommodating, and was happy to lend her expertise whenever we needed it. She was in touch with us through out the planning process, however-during our rehearsal and the day of our wedding-she was there to walk us through what to do, where to go, and made sure that everything went as planned for our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception without missing a beat. We are so thankful to her! 2. Resort Staff: Aside from Tiffany, the resort staff is very friendly and professional. Everyone from the front desk associates, the wait staff, safety, and cleaning crew were incredibly friendly to me and our guests. They went above and beyond to be helpful both in helping us with the wedding as well as ensuring we enjoyed our stay as resort guests. 3. Food!: They were very accommodating and let us heavily customize our menu. Our guests raved about the food (and honestly, wedding food is usually nothing to write home about). Because we live states away, we went in without a tasting-and were blown away by the flavor and quality. It was beyond our expectations and I have never heard so many wedding guests compliment the food. 4. Resort Rooms/Amenities: The multiple options of condos offered at Sundial are perfect for families and friends to share if they chose. We had quite a few family members stay for a week surrounding our wedding and they raved at how happy they were with the facilities and ease of everything being in one spot. The rooms were clean, comfortable, and had all the necessities. The pool area/tiki bar is a fun spot to hang out and you are steps away from the beach. Our family and friends-ranging from age 1 to 86--all had a blast. 5. The beach/view: Sundial sits right on the beach, offering views that cannot be beat. The floor to ceiling windows and balconies facing the beach and gulf the resort offers are the

Profile Picture Kacy, 12/1/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

My husband and I got married in the beautiful beach venue of Sanibel beach at the Sundial Beach Resort & Spa. Tiffany, our day-of-coordinator, did an amazing job providing our vision that we had while remaining within our budget. She was more than accomodating. The venue is a paradise get away with great service, quality food and a beautiful view. We looking forward to celebrating our wedding anniversary at Sundial next year.

Profile Picture Stephanie , 10/15/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

We just celebrated our wedding at Sundial 10/14/17. Overall, the experience was AMAZING! Tiffany, our wedding coordinator, was awesome to work with. She gave her honest opinion about where we would like to have each part of our wedding and we were very happy with how things turned out! Being from out of state, we had never seen the resort in person. So to have Tiffany's input was so helpful in planning our special day! The only 2 areas that could have been better for us was the food at the Sea Breeze Cafe in the main lobby. The food was expensive and was not the greatest. The other only complaint was the bartender that we had for our reception, Vido. He was rude to several of our guests and was not as accommodating as the rest of the Sundial staff. Outside of those two things, we had an amazing time! I would highly recommend Sundial as your wedding destination!!!

Profile Picture Megan, 10/14/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

The Sundial is an amazing place to get married.

To start, you could not ask for a better event planner than Tiffany. She was so responsive to our many, many, MANY questions. She approached the whole process with such calm…it really put us at ease.

The catering staff is as close to perfection as you will get. They were friendly and helpful and just so attentive to our every need. Early on, the bartender identified my mom as the mother of the groom, and from that point on, whenever she approached the bar, he called her up to the front of the line, announcing, “Mother of the groom gets her drink first!”

And our food was to die for. My wife and I are both foodies, and we loved every last bit, from the hors d’oeuvres served during the cocktail hour, to the salad with artichoke hearts, to the main courses like the Florida grouper, it was all fantastic and delicious.

All the venues were perfect, especially the lace murex lawn where we had our reception. It’s tucked away from everything else, surrounded by bushes, creating an intimate, private atmosphere for the reception.

And the resort in general is a great place for a destination wedding. The food at the resort restaurants is fantastic. The pool is heated, there’s a little slide for kids (and some adults too!). And the Gulf is right outside your rooms.

If you’re looking for a beach destination wedding, you absolutely must consider the Sundial. It is the best place around for a wedding.

Profile Picture James, 7/15/17, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor

Having our wedding events at Sundial was the BEST decision we could have made! The resort is absolutely breathtaking, resort staff is friendly and attentive, and Tiffany is amazing! From the first tour with Tiffany over a year before our wedding date, we knew Sundial (and Tiffany) would be perfect for our wedding. Throughout the year of planning, Tiffany was my “right hand woman”. She was available with quick responses whenever I needed anything. Tiffany was super organized, professional and genuinely wanted to make sure our wedding was exactly what we wanted. I couldn’t have done it without her - even my father recognized that and thanked her during his toast! We had three days of wedding events at Sundial: Welcome Reception, Ceremony, Reception and Sunday Brunch and they were all perfect. The food wonderful and the staff at all three events went above and beyond to be sure our guests were enjoying themselves and the groom and I had everything we needed. We even had a waitress at brunch willingly offer to make plates for our children so we could mingle with guests. We used Turtles Beach (with the amber string lights –amazing!) for the Welcome Reception, Beach ceremony, Sundial Ballroom for reception with cocktail hour on the Terrace and the Waterview room for brunch. One of my favorite things about Sundial was it was big enough to accommodate our wedding size, but small enough to have all events within close proximity. It made it really simple for our 70 guests (who all stayed at the resort) to get where they needed to be for wedding events and everyone was able to hang out together during the days, mostly gathering around Turtles Pool Bar. Our guests are still talking about what a great time they had at both at the wedding events and on “vacation” and how they’ll definitely be returning to Sundial. We can wait to take more vacations with and without kids to Sundial in the future!

Profile Picture Megan, 6/24/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: American, Uncovered Outdoor
3.0

All of the staff with the exception of one was AMAZING!!!

Joe the banquet manager and all his staff was great and willing to accommodate any and all requests no questions asked.

The event manager Tiffany Onischuk was not the most helpful person at the resort. She was slow to respond to requests and issues. Her customer service could really use improvement. For example I asked about paying the balance and how to do that and she said we could handle it once we got to the resort. Then an hour or so later sent me an email saying the balance was due before the event started. RIDICULOUS!!

If you are going to use this venue which I would do again make sure you get a wedding planner. Ashley Schultz with Cocoluna Events is AMAZING!!! We saw a few weddings while we were there and the ones without a wedding planner were stressed and going crazy.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Tiffany, 6/16/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Indoor, American, Local
4.7

We are so happy we choose Sundial to have our wedding! Tiffany was great to work with and helped us create exactly what we envisioned. She always responded quickly to emails and answered any questions that I had. She was also very personable and always made us feel important. We even did a personal taste test for the food when we visited Sanibel a few months before the wedding.

Sundial fit every guest that attended from the games by the pool for the kids to the pool bar and multiple food options for the adults. I think it was a perfect location to have a wedding and we are very happy we choose Sundial on Sanibel Island.

Profile Picture Stephanie, 6/10/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

We had the most amazing time celebrating our wedding at the Sundial resort! Tiffany was absolutely amazing to work with and made sure we were all taken care of! Even with some rain we wouldn't have changed a single thing! The spa on location was perfect and everything was more than we could have ever imagined. We are so thankful to the Sundial resort and their team for making our dream wedding a reality

Profile Picture Marissa, 4/22/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health, Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning
4.3

We knew once we walking into Sundial that this was the place for my daughters wedding. Thanks to Tiffany she worked with us to fit our budget and have everything that we wanted. We had worked with her for over a year. She was prompt with emails and phone calls. She was always very accommodating to any requests that we had. We had 100 guest and most of our guests were from out of town. It was such a great time having everything in one location. Most guests stayed for 3-6 nights at the resort. They ate most of the meals there and enjoyed all the amenities at the pool & beach area. Everything went smoothly with Tiffany directing the guest from the beach front ceremony to cocktail hour by the pool area and then up to the ballroom. We didn't have to worry about anything. We are so glad we chose Sundial Resort and thankful for Tiffany coordinating everything.

Profile Picture Melanie, 4/8/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The sundial Resort and Spa was a very picturesque scene the day of our wedding. We were lucky to have a super-moon, and a gorgeous sunset. The Sundial worked with us from day one to accommodate our budget and to make our reception look beautiful the day of the wedding. We even had our rehearsal dinner at the Shima Japanese steakhouse onsite. The chefs were amazing and the food at the steakhouse was delicious. The day of the wedding Tiffany thought of so many details for our day, and she helped to set up everything up the day of the wedding. One of the details I loved was that the morning of my wedding I was able to wake up to a gulf view of the water, and I was also able to overlook my reception site. Tiffany upgraded our linens the day of the wedding, and the morning after our wedding we woke up to lunch in our refrigerator. The maid service was also very nice and accommodating! We were extremely happy that we chose the Sundial for our wedding. Our guests loved it!

Profile Picture krystle, 11/12/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This was the perfect location for our daughter and son-in-law. Whether local or out of town guests, who wouldn't be captivated by beautiful Sanibel Island, Florida. From the spacious suite accommodations, gorgeous Gulf of Mexico back drop, delicious food, and fabulous banquet manager Tiffany O and her hard working dedicated staff the event was perfect.

Profile Picture Joanne, 10/15/16, 1 Review

Tiffany and the rest of the group at the Sundial really made our wedding happen! They rallied behind us(after an unfortunate event) and somehow made our weddingg happen in 48hours. This team is very special and we appreciate them to the fullest! Our wedding was perfection thanks to the team!

Profile Picture Beth, 10/11/16, 1 Review
4.3

My husband and I had some bumps in the road as we planned our Rehearsal Dinner/Breakfast reception, but overall the quality of service we received at the time of our events made up for a lot of the hiccups. Joe and his team took excellent care of us in seeing that all our needs were met; staff was friendly, fast, and efficient. The management team here is top notch as well, and were very quick to see to it that our concerns were addressed and taken care of. The Food we had on our menu was delicious and the view from their Semi-Private Dining Room is spectacular. It's one of the best ocean views you can get from a restaurant on Sanibel.

Profile Picture Lauren, 8/1/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

From the moment I walked into the Sundial, I knew this was going to be where I would get married. The property is absolutely beautiful, capturing everything that is "Old Florida" with a modern vibe. It is the perfect destination wedding venue without needing a passport!
We had almost 100 guest attend our wedding, where most including ourselves stayed on the property for 3-5 days. All of the staff knew us by first name basis by the end of Day 1; from the guys setting up beach chairs and umbrellas, to Jason and Josh at the pool Tiki Hut bar (best bartenders on the island BTW), and the rest of of the staff just beyond accommodating.
Tiffany, the Wedding Coordinator and Paul, Food and Beverage Manager want to make sure your day and time there is perfect, they worked with me to customize and create the perfect wedding package.
I had the pleasure of meeting Chef Criss Menassa, after the pre-wedding food sampling; it was difficult narrowing my selections because everything Chef made was absolutely delicious. During our stay we ate at all of the cafes and restaurants on the property. Every meal at the resort was top notch - probably why the resort won Best Chef in 2015!
Tiffany was awesome! Always quick to reply to my emails and phone calls with any questions I had. Very attentive and caring. Tiffany and her staff made my vision come to real life!
The girls at the Kay Casperon Salon, did fantastic work - friendly and professional, captured what I was looking for.
It began to rain unexpectedly before my ceremony on the beach, Tiffany was able to get all the guest under shelter to keep them dry. Once the 'Florida Shower' passed her staff immediately dried off all the chairs so my guest can be seated in a dry chair. They were also able to quickly relocate our cocktail hour that was on the third floor outside terrace overlooking the ocean, to the inside private dining room due to the rain.
After it is all said and done, I HIGHLY recommend the Sundial to everyone.

Profile Picture Xiara, 7/30/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health, Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor, Officiant, Wedding Planning

It will be the best decision you will make regarding your wedding! Everything went as smooth as can be. Tiffany is AMAZING! from the get go. She will go above and beyond to make sure your day is more than perfect. The resort is beautiful. The options for ceremony & reception are almost endless and will accommodate any preferences. The guest rooms are comforting and luxurious. The staff are all friendly and the best to work with. Thanks you Tiffany & Sundial for making our day more than we could have imagined!

Profile Picture Brandy, 6/5/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

Beautiful venue with wonderful staff that were extremely helpful. Everything from the people at the front desk to the planners and servers were wonderful. The staff in the spa were also amazing and did an exceptional job with hair and nails for us.

Profile Picture Karie, 12/12/15, 1 Review
3.5

Our wedding was located on the lawn facing the gulf and it was absolutely gorgeous. The reception hall is a bit outdated with shorter ceilings but nonetheless beautiful. I was a bit disappointed that I had to ask the pool attendants to turn off the pool music as I was seconds away from walking down the aisle because I couldn't hear our wedding music - so make sure you work that out with the wedding coordinator prior!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture User4583654, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I don’t even know where to begin to describe how perfectly everything went from our contract negotiations to having to say goodbye after the wedding.
Tiffany is the catering and events manager and much more. From always answering emails to scheduling phone calls with us just to check in to see if there is anything we needed, even six months out, was a blessing. She was around all day long and even came into the salon to check on me while I was getting my hair done!
This place is GORGEOUS! We had a sunset ceremony on the beach with 50 guests. The arch was beautiful on its own though I had it decorated as well. My maid of honor was facing the sun and was blinded during the entire ceremony but luckily our ceremony was literally eight minutes so she didn’t suffer long. I suggest asking them to set up the ceremony pointed more south, then the sun wouldn’t be smackdab in someone’s. Fortunately, my husband is tall so I was able to position myself in his shadow.
When guests file out of the ceremony site, there is a nice spot for the champagne toast, hosted by the resort.
The cocktail hour was on the terrace overlooking the pool and was a great setup. We had classic cocktail jazz playing and the wait staff moved around, with trays of hor d'oeuvres. The bar setup on the terrace is a little tricky in that there is one bartender for the entire cocktail hour and when you have a lot of people, the line for a drink could get long. I think they could benefit from one other bartender during the cocktail hour just so people aren’t spending it in line.
The food: AMAZING! We had a buffet and the resort did something interesting and set it up in the hallway. This way both sides were accessible so there was no long line for food. People got their food and got back to their tables very quickly. Everything we tasted was delicious! In short, you would be as over the moon as I am, if you booked your wedding at The Sundial. The beach is pristine. The staff is exceptional!

Profile Picture Leigh, 11/6/15, 4 Reviews