Sundial Beach Resort & Spa Reviews

46 | Sanibel, FL

46 Reviews for Sundial Beach Resort & Spa

Lynn Z. · Married on 02/02/2021

Lavendar was so professional and accomodateing

Everyone from Lavendar the coordinator to Tony the set up and server were so friendly an accomodating.

Sent on 02/02/2021
  • Kimberly

Kimberly P. · Married on 01/24/2021

Experience was a dream

In the midst of Covid we were looking for a venue that would make our guest feel comfortable. Lavender and the crew at the Sundial Resort made our experience feel like a dream. We forgot all about the worries of Covid and were able to focus on the intimate sunset wedding on the beach. Our guest felt safe in the clean environment set before us at the resort.

Sent on 02/16/2021
  • Maria

Maria I. · Married on 06/11/2020

It was an amazing perfect wedding day!

Lavender was amazing, helped so much with her attention to details! Everything was so beautiful, and unforgettable. She was so pleasant to work with, so patient. Made me feel at ease. The cheese tray ,Champaign and chocolate covered strawberries were amazing! I definitely recommend this resort. everyone is very friendly. The facility is so nice and clean. My wedding on the terrace was a dream come true! The food was delicious and beautifully presented. Thank you again Sundial !

Sent on 11/11/2020

Ashlin P. · Married on 06/11/2020

A great venue to get married at

Overall, the Sundial Beach Resort and Spa did a fantastic job at hosting our wedding. We could not have asked for more diligent, thorough service and help throughout the entire process. The resort is beautiful, and rooms are very nice and have a diverse selection for different numbers of guests attending your wedding. We had our wedding in the West Lawn and it was beautiful. The lawn has a great view of the water but added privacy from the beach. The reception in the Lace Murex Lawn was also wonderful. Based on our wedding size, we had ample room to eat, dance and socialize in the lawn.
    Tracey Snyder, the Catering Sales Manager, was very professional, kindhearted and helped us make our wedding day very special and unforgettable. She was very easy to work with and always responded to our inquiries leading up to our wedding. We enjoyed working with her and know you will be in very good hands with Tracey as the main coordinator for your wedding.
    The banquet team (Tony from Philadelphia and Stacy) were excellent at our reception. They did a great job orchestrating the meals and refreshments throughout the evening. Honestly, they went above and beyond, exceeding our requests. For example, we had a small box under the table for our campaign flutes that we forgot when the reception ended. They made sure to hold onto it in a safe area, contacted us and asked if we needed it back before disposing of it (which was wonderful because we needed it to keep the flutes safe during our flight back home). This is just one simple example of how diligent they were at making the entire process flawless.
    The staff was also very courteous. Brendon and Tony at the breakfast buffet were very receptive to all our needs. We had a 20-person buffet breakfast and they were on top of everything. We felt like they did excellent work and were very friendly. The staff at the front desk was also very helpful and welcoming.
    There are certainly many options for wedding venues at Sanibel, Florida. We honestly believe Sundial did a fantastic job and recommend them with no reservations. Further, we believe they will do great work and make your wedding day and overall stay very special.

Sent on 11/23/2020
  • Nikki

Nikki · Married on 04/26/2020

Sundial is THE BEST place to have your wedding

Sundial Beach Resort and Spa is hands down the best decision we could've made when it came to choosing our wedding venue. We used Lavender Yi as our catering and event manager, and she was absolutely amazing. She made our wedding planning process a breeze, and was available every step of the way to answer any questions or concerns we had (even when we had to postpone our wedding due to COVID-19). On our wedding day she was right there for every moment, and when it came time for rain call and we unfortunately we're expecting to get rained out, Lavender knew our dream was for an outdoor beach wedding, and she made it happen! She was so flexible with moving our event time to avoid the rain, and provided umbrellas for our ceremony and for our reception area. Sundial provided a beautiful beach wedding ceremony setup, as well as reception area on the Lace Murex lawn - everything was stunning! Every employee was so kind and helpful, and our time we spent at the resort before and after the wedding were also nothing short of amazing. We would highly recommend this resort for a wedding, because our wedding was so much more than we ever could have imagined, absolutely PERFECT! We wish we could relive it over and over.

Sent on 11/04/2020

Cristen · Married on 04/18/2020

Great welcome dinner and experience!

We had our welcome dinner at Sundial and it was amazing! We did a fun taco cantina themed dinner out on Turtle Beach. Lavender was AMAZING to work with. She was incredibly responsive and had our best interests in mind. The food and facilities were great. We highly recommend having an event at Sundial resort and working with Lavender!

Sent on 12/01/2020

Leslie · Married on 03/07/2020

Lovely venue and helpful staff!

My now-husband and I are from out-of-state, and we booked our wedding at Sundial -- and planned everything -- without being able to visit until the day before. I don't think it could have turned out any better even if we had visited! Working with Tracy Snyder to put together our wedding at Sundial was such a simple and stress-free process. She was very responsive and flexible, and seemed to have solutions for everything! The West Lawn is a beautiful spot for a ceremony, and the Lace Murex Lawn was just what we had envisioned for an intimate outdoor reception. I think they say that you know it's going well when you realize you haven't worried about any of the small details. The evening flew by so I hardly had the time to think about all the details that had mattered during the planning process, but after we got our pictures it was clear that Tracy and the staff had gotten everything just as we had wished. Shoutout to the several resort staff who were so helpful and kind -- for helping me to get my dress and bouquet to the suite, for the golf cart rides, for helping to look for a lost item after the reception, and for being so patient while I was stressed. We are so grateful and definitely recommend having a wedding at Sundial!

Sent on 04/20/2020
  • Peyton

Peyton · Married on 02/09/2020

Lavender is awesome!

The resort and food were great! Lavender, the wedding coordinator, was so quick to respond to every email and call. She made the whole process a breeze and accommodated all of my wishes for our wedding. I cannot day enough good things about her and the staff. The spot on the beach was great and the lawn the reception took place on was beautiful (one of my favorite parts) THANK YOU LAVENDER!!!
    ❤️Spud and Peyton Matuszak

Sent on 02/12/2020

Karisa · Married on 10/12/2019

The most perfect day!

Highly recommend Sundial for weddings. Everything was perfect! We had most our guest coming from out of town and it was the perfect location that had anything you would need and something for all ages! I would recommend brides to get a 3 bedroom suite the night before the wedding so it can also be your “getting ready” room with your bridesmaids. It was just the right amount of room for everyone to have space for hair and makeup.

Although all the staff at Sundial were amazing, Tracy the wedding coordinator made our day perfect! She is very helpful, extremely responsive and attentive to anything you need prior to the wedding and during the entire wedding weekend.

Sent on 10/31/2019
  • Becca

Becca · Married on 09/28/2019

Only downside is having to go home!

The staff at the Sundial were friendly and were willing to go the extra mile to make our day as perfect as possible. Lavender, the Catering Manager, was kind and professional, only wanting to make sure our day (and stay) was the best it could be. She worked with our budget and went above and beyond our expectations. We had a small ceremony and reception of 11 total and the beautiful Sundial resort and beach scenery complimented the whole event beautifully. The only downside was having to go back home. We will be back to celebrate our anniversary and to bring our families for years to come!

Sent on 10/04/2019
  • Alex

Alex · Married on 04/20/2019

Best decision

Our wedding at Sundial on 04/20/19 couldn't have gone better. Ashley was the absolute best to work - professional, calming, intelligent, and good at her job. When we began the wedding venue selection process it was a daunting task but as soon as I heard from Ashley I knew Sundial was the place we would get married. My husband and I live in Charlotte, NC so most of our planning was done through email. Ashley was quick to respond and answer questions for me. We were able to customize a menu based off what WE wanted which was a joy. We finally got to tour the venue in February when we came into town for a vendor visit and pictures don't do this place justice. The entire property is breathtaking - natural beauty. The beach, lawn, and indoor reception rooms were so gorgeous, and elegant. There was so much about wedding planning that I didn't know (timeline, bridal party order, etc) Ashley was so patience and accommodating with us. The day of our wedding the weather was so perfect. The day went by so quick and I can't believe it is over. The food here was TOP NOTCH. My husband and I got so many compliments on our choices of food and the attentiveness of the bartenders. Thank you Ashley and all the Sundial team for making our wedding dreams come true.

Sent on 05/08/2019
  • Britt

Britt · Married on 11/17/2018

Amazing Amazing Amazinc!

Sundial Beach Resort & Spa, Tracy, we cannot thank you enough for a once in a life time Wedding experience at Sundial! Everything about the resort gave our guests the destination feel, and even us living in Fort Myers felt as though we were somewhere far far away! With everything being a short walk to the beach, the bikes, kayaks, paddle boards, pools, and volleyball net lended endless amounts of fun for everyone! Not only was all the food, breakfast, lunch, and dinner, to die for, but the service was amazing as well. The whole overall persona that Sundial emits cannot be beat! Our wedding could not have been any more gorgeous, with the lights and stairs above us, our guests having a blast dancing in the sand! We could not have asked for a better venue! Literally a once in a life time experience thank cannot be beat! Everyone was so sad to leave! Tracy, you went above and beyond anything I could have asked for and am so very thankful to have had you to coordinate everything at Sundial! Thank you a million times over!

Sent on 11/22/2018

Marty · Married on 02/24/2018

Tiffany and her crew exceeded our expectations. I had concern, as we had never set foot on the property prior to arriving for the wedding. Everything was beautiful, and just as my daughter had planned. They were easy and kind to work with. Everyone who attended loved the resort, and many guests were overheard discussing plans to return next year.

Sent on 03/04/2018

Darcy · Married on 02/04/2018

Ashley and everyone at Sundial Resort did an amazing job helping me plan a wedding from Iowa. The food was delicious, the setting was beautiful and Ashley was amazing at making it all come together. I couldn't have asked for anything more, it was truly my dream wedding!

Sent on 02/15/2018

Jennifer · Married on 01/27/2018

We had the most incredible wedding weekend at the Sundial Resort & Spa this past weekend!! Tiffany was amazing from the day we toured the venue right through our reception. She was so easy to work with and she went out of her way to make sure every detail was perfect and that my husband and I (and my overly involved parents) were abundantly happy. The grounds at the Sundial are absolutely beautiful and everything was picture perfect from our welcome party on Friday night to our sunset ceremony on the west lawn, our breathtaking cocktail hour on the ballroom balcony and our reception in the ballroom. The food was great both at our event and at the hotel's restaurants. The staff was super friendly and accommodating all weekend and all of our guests had an incredible time and are already talking about going back for another stay at the Sundial. I honestly could not be more pleased and would reccomend the Sundial to anyone looking to have a stress-free and amazing wedding experience!

Sent on 02/06/2018

Nicole · Married on 12/16/2017

My husband and I had the wedding that we always dreamed of at the Sundial Beach Resort and Spa. Our wedding coordinator Tiffany was the best! She made sure that every little detail was perfect, that way we could have the wedding of our dreams. She was super easy to talk to and you could really tell that she cares about each of the brides and grooms who choose to get married at Sundial. The Sundial Beach Resort was absolutely beautiful! We had a balcony overlooking the water. We also loved all the activities that there is to do! We played tennis, rode bikes, went paddle boarding and kayaking, and enjoyed the pool and tiki bar. The food was amazing as well. We had lunch at the Turtle's Pool & Beach bar where I would highly recommend the shrimp, crab, spinach & artichoke dip. We also had dinner at the Japanese steakhouse Shima which was fantastic! If your looking to have that beautiful beach wedding then Sundial is the perfect venue!

Sent on 01/04/2018

Alyssa · Married on 12/03/2017

Sundial was absolutely the perfect place for our destination wedding! I searched and toured SEVERAL places trying to find the right place. Sundial was perfect for us, not only because of its breathtaking beach and lawns and courtyards (which are truly gorgeous) but guests have a variety of activities and things do to, without ever having to leave the resort. We were looking for a place that even guests who do not or did not want to lay out on the beach, would still have things to do. Sundial offers kayak, paddle board, pickleball court, and bike rentals, which is all included in your resort fee. Additionally, they have fun shelling activities and the staff is so friendly! It was also important to me for my guests, including myself and our wedding party, to be able to come and relax during their stay. It was so nice to not have to worry about decorating and setting up the day before or last minute details. Tiffany and the entire Sundial staff truly made sure we were taken care. In addition, the whole wedding process was simple. Tiffany was always prompt to answer all my questions and emails, and was always happy to help. They also provided a list of suggested vendors to help in selecting a florist ,entertainment and any other amenities we may have needed. Being so far away (Wisconsin,) we were unable to go and check out vendors ourselves, so having a list of people Sundials and trusts really helped us out. We are so happy we chose Sundial and would recommend to anyone looking for a destination/Florida wedding!

Sent on 01/07/2018

Stephanie · Married on 10/15/2017

My husband and I got married in the beautiful beach venue of Sanibel beach at the Sundial Beach Resort & Spa. Tiffany, our day-of-coordinator, did an amazing job providing our vision that we had while remaining within our budget. She was more than accomodating. The venue is a paradise get away with great service, quality food and a beautiful view. We looking forward to celebrating our wedding anniversary at Sundial next year.

Sent on 10/28/2017

James · Married on 07/15/2017

The Sundial is an amazing place to get married.

To start, you could not ask for a better event planner than Tiffany. She was so responsive to our many, many, MANY questions. She approached the whole process with such calm…it really put us at ease.

The catering staff is as close to perfection as you will get. They were friendly and helpful and just so attentive to our every need. Early on, the bartender identified my mom as the mother of the groom, and from that point on, whenever she approached the bar, he called her up to the front of the line, announcing, “Mother of the groom gets her drink first!”

And our food was to die for. My wife and I are both foodies, and we loved every last bit, from the hors d’oeuvres served during the cocktail hour, to the salad with artichoke hearts, to the main courses like the Florida grouper, it was all fantastic and delicious.

All the venues were perfect, especially the lace murex lawn where we had our reception. It’s tucked away from everything else, surrounded by bushes, creating an intimate, private atmosphere for the reception.

And the resort in general is a great place for a destination wedding. The food at the resort restaurants is fantastic. The pool is heated, there’s a little slide for kids (and some adults too!). And the Gulf is right outside your rooms.

If you’re looking for a beach destination wedding, you absolutely must consider the Sundial. It is the best place around for a wedding.

Sent on 10/08/2017

Megan · Married on 06/24/2017

Having our wedding events at Sundial was the BEST decision we could have made! The resort is absolutely breathtaking, resort staff is friendly and attentive, and Tiffany is amazing! From the first tour with Tiffany over a year before our wedding date, we knew Sundial (and Tiffany) would be perfect for our wedding. Throughout the year of planning, Tiffany was my “right hand woman”. She was available with quick responses whenever I needed anything. Tiffany was super organized, professional and genuinely wanted to make sure our wedding was exactly what we wanted. I couldn’t have done it without her - even my father recognized that and thanked her during his toast! We had three days of wedding events at Sundial: Welcome Reception, Ceremony, Reception and Sunday Brunch and they were all perfect. The food wonderful and the staff at all three events went above and beyond to be sure our guests were enjoying themselves and the groom and I had everything we needed. We even had a waitress at brunch willingly offer to make plates for our children so we could mingle with guests. We used Turtles Beach (with the amber string lights –amazing!) for the Welcome Reception, Beach ceremony, Sundial Ballroom for reception with cocktail hour on the Terrace and the Waterview room for brunch. One of my favorite things about Sundial was it was big enough to accommodate our wedding size, but small enough to have all events within close proximity. It made it really simple for our 70 guests (who all stayed at the resort) to get where they needed to be for wedding events and everyone was able to hang out together during the days, mostly gathering around Turtles Pool Bar. Our guests are still talking about what a great time they had at both at the wedding events and on “vacation” and how they’ll definitely be returning to Sundial. We can wait to take more vacations with and without kids to Sundial in the future!

Sent on 07/26/2017

Marissa · Married on 04/22/2017

We had the most amazing time celebrating our wedding at the Sundial resort! Tiffany was absolutely amazing to work with and made sure we were all taken care of! Even with some rain we wouldn't have changed a single thing! The spa on location was perfect and everything was more than we could have ever imagined. We are so thankful to the Sundial resort and their team for making our dream wedding a reality

Sent on 07/12/2017

Beth · Married on 10/11/2016

Tiffany and the rest of the group at the Sundial really made our wedding happen! They rallied behind us(after an unfortunate event) and somehow made our weddingg happen in 48hours. This team is very special and we appreciate them to the fullest! Our wedding was perfection thanks to the team!

Sent on 10/18/2016
  • Xiara

Xiara · Married on 07/30/2016

From the moment I walked into the Sundial, I knew this was going to be where I would get married. The property is absolutely beautiful, capturing everything that is "Old Florida" with a modern vibe. It is the perfect destination wedding venue without needing a passport!
    We had almost 100 guest attend our wedding, where most including ourselves stayed on the property for 3-5 days. All of the staff knew us by first name basis by the end of Day 1; from the guys setting up beach chairs and umbrellas, to Jason and Josh at the pool Tiki Hut bar (best bartenders on the island BTW), and the rest of of the staff just beyond accommodating.
    Tiffany, the Wedding Coordinator and Paul, Food and Beverage Manager want to make sure your day and time there is perfect, they worked with me to customize and create the perfect wedding package.
    I had the pleasure of meeting Chef Criss Menassa, after the pre-wedding food sampling; it was difficult narrowing my selections because everything Chef made was absolutely delicious. During our stay we ate at all of the cafes and restaurants on the property. Every meal at the resort was top notch - probably why the resort won Best Chef in 2015!
    Tiffany was awesome! Always quick to reply to my emails and phone calls with any questions I had. Very attentive and caring. Tiffany and her staff made my vision come to real life!
    The girls at the Kay Casperon Salon, did fantastic work - friendly and professional, captured what I was looking for.
    It began to rain unexpectedly before my ceremony on the beach, Tiffany was able to get all the guest under shelter to keep them dry. Once the 'Florida Shower' passed her staff immediately dried off all the chairs so my guest can be seated in a dry chair. They were also able to quickly relocate our cocktail hour that was on the third floor outside terrace overlooking the ocean, to the inside private dining room due to the rain.
    After it is all said and done, I HIGHLY recommend the Sundial to everyone.

Sent on 08/20/2016

Leigh · Married on 11/06/2015

I don’t even know where to begin to describe how perfectly everything went from our contract negotiations to having to say goodbye after the wedding.
    Tiffany is the catering and events manager and much more. From always answering emails to scheduling phone calls with us just to check in to see if there is anything we needed, even six months out, was a blessing. She was around all day long and even came into the salon to check on me while I was getting my hair done!
    This place is GORGEOUS! We had a sunset ceremony on the beach with 50 guests. The arch was beautiful on its own though I had it decorated as well. My maid of honor was facing the sun and was blinded during the entire ceremony but luckily our ceremony was literally eight minutes so she didn’t suffer long. I suggest asking them to set up the ceremony pointed more south, then the sun wouldn’t be smackdab in someone’s. Fortunately, my husband is tall so I was able to position myself in his shadow.
    When guests file out of the ceremony site, there is a nice spot for the champagne toast, hosted by the resort.
    The cocktail hour was on the terrace overlooking the pool and was a great setup. We had classic cocktail jazz playing and the wait staff moved around, with trays of hor d'oeuvres. The bar setup on the terrace is a little tricky in that there is one bartender for the entire cocktail hour and when you have a lot of people, the line for a drink could get long. I think they could benefit from one other bartender during the cocktail hour just so people aren’t spending it in line.
    The food: AMAZING! We had a buffet and the resort did something interesting and set it up in the hallway. This way both sides were accessible so there was no long line for food. People got their food and got back to their tables very quickly. Everything we tasted was delicious! In short, you would be as over the moon as I am, if you booked your wedding at The Sundial. The beach is pristine. The staff is exceptional!

Sent on 12/11/2015