Suncoast Weddings Reviews

Suncoast Weddings 6
Suncoast Weddings 7

3.8
      3.5

We hired Suncoast weddings a year in advance from Kansas. Our wedding consisted of a unlimited consultation, rehearsal, videotographer, ceremony, and reception - set up and tare down.

It was a shame to learn a week prior that Sarah, our wedding planner for the past year, would be unable to attend our events. As expected (without the original wedding planner) a few things went wrong along the way. I confronted Sue, the owner, with the issues in writing via email and she made it right with us in the end. We are confident since the company took responsibility we will be able to put the small things behind us in our future memories of our big day with the closure we received.

It was a beautiful day on Clearwater Beach and we do have a lot to applaud Sun Coast Wedding for! I just wish it was perfect, but doesn't every bride? :)

My advice: read your contract and make sure your original planner will be at your wedding! There were a few things I was promised and/or misunderstood with my original planner. Such as, Sun Coast is not your wedding "coordinators". They are your wedding "planners". Example: If you have things that need to be set up (like personal decor) they are not responsible for setting it up because it is not in the contract. So make sure everything is in writing in the contract, not just agreed upon via email or phone.

Congratulations and good luck!

Sent on 12/11/2014

Errol · Married on 10/07/2017

3.6
      3.0

Michelle is awesome as a Manager and professional...very friendly and a great listener. Sue was awesome and very friendly. Autumn on the other hand needs to work on her customer service skills, or needs remedial training when communicating with clients who pay her salary. We received our photos, and wife had concerns about some of the pics. Instead of listening to what we were saying and waiting until we were finished, she went on the defensive saying: " It's not the photographer's fault!'. I responded: " Are you a photographer?" Michelle, give her an attitude adjustment before she gets more bad reviews!

Errol Sanders

Sent on 11/02/2017

2.8
      2.0
      2.0

We hired Suncoast weddings a year in advance. Our wedding consisted of a unlimited consultation, rehearsal, videotographer, ceremony, and reception - set up and tare down. Working with the company was great via phone and email until the week of the wedding.

Sarah, our wedding planner for the past year, was unable to attend our events. Sue, the owner, reassured me everything would go as planned. Several things went wrong (Suncoast didn't have the right permit, Suncoast was late arriving the day of the wedding, items were not set up, we paid for additional tables 2 days prior and we were still short, and there was no communication after the reception - to ask about satisfaction or when ppl were coming to clean up) I confronted Sue with the issues in writing via email. One of the issues presented was the police tried to stop the wedding 10minutes prior to approaching the beach to walk down the isle. They were attempting to shut it down because we didn't have the correct permit.

Response from Sue:
    "Regarding the ceremony and the issue with the permit - I’m at a loss as to why this was an inconvenience to you and would be grateful if you could explain what those inconveniences were – as far as the ceremony was concerned?"

Suncoast weddings took no responsibility for the ball being dropped on any of the issues. I have several emails to prove it.

Yes, we had a beautiful wedding and we didn't let these things bring us down. I just wish that I could have been satisfied with all of the services we planned and paid for.

My advice: read your contract. Sue points out several times that they are only liable for each point on the contract. Nothing more. Therefore, they are not your "coordinators". They are just your "planners". For example: If you have things that need to be set up (like personal decor) they are not responsible for setting it up because it is not in the contract. That was a one of our misunderstandings.

Congrats and good luck!

Sent on 12/11/2014

0.0

suncoast seemed to be a great choice initially. they were great in the whole planning process (which why wouldnt they be, they are trying to get me to pay them) they werent great at returning emails, so i had to call them to get responses most of the time. the day of the wedding was ridiculous. they sent someone to run the ceremony who i had never even met before. not sarah or sue, the two i had been working with. as my guests stand around talking, the "coordinator" never instructed anyone to make their way to their seats so the wedding could start. she stands there. so i wait upstairs waiting to be able to come down. whole ceremony proceeded, and when it came to play the exit song for us to walk back down the aisle, no music. nothing. awkward silence for several minutes. while they scramble to figure out THEIR SPEAKER DIED! so some other random helper finally remembers they have a backup, and get it on and then proceeds to play the wrong song. and then another wrong song. it was horrible. i wanted to cry. finally he plays the correct song. we walk down the aisle and carry on. i was mortified, after pictures i ran inside, shut myself into the bathroom and cried. i was humiliated. and it had been ruined. that monday, first thing i call the office to speak with sue. her attitude was wretched. she told me everything that went wrong was MY fault. and denied things from happening, and basically called me a liar. she was smug, and cold. i was in the least looking for some ownership and some sort of an apology that i felt i was owed. after arguing with her for 30 minutes, i just broke down and started balling. she offered me a partial refund, and told me i should come back in a year for a vow renewal. ya right. no way. thank for the partial refund that i definitely deserved, but there is no way i would put anything of importance in suncoast weddings hands again. mistakes happen. i get it. i cant get over how unprofessional sue was to me when i went into her office

Sent on 03/05/2014