Sun in my Belly Reviews

58 Reviews for Sun in my Belly

• taylorlee

Taylor · Married on 11/11/2018

amazing food, accommodating staff

There are not enough compliments to give Sun In My Belly! We worked primarily with Megan and she was genuine, kind, and incredibly accommodating throughout our entire planning process. This was our top choice of caterers from the get-go, but we were initially worried that we wouldn't be able to afford them... however they worked with us and our budget and made it happen! The food was fresh and delicious and our guests were raving about it all night long. I have been hearing from a few guests in the days after our wedding that some of the food was cold by the time they got it.. which is a bummer, but it didn't seem to change anyone's overall opinion of the dinner. Our vegan/vegetarian/and nut-allergic guests were also so impressed that they had made accommodations for them- and they didn't have to go hungry just because of their restrictions! Sun In My Belly showed us the world of difference there is between event catering and a restaurant that offers catering. This will definitely be where we go to celebrate all of our anniversaries! Seriously, I could gush about them for days

Sent on 11/14/2018
  • Rachel

Rachel · Married on 09/15/2018

SIMB was perfection

Sun in My Belly did such an amazing job catering my wedding!! I am such a big foodie and it was very important to me that we not only have pretty dishes, but that we had yummy ones that everybody would love. Leading up to everything, Marissa, Michelle, and Max were always super responsive and helpful. When we met with Marissa and Michelle, both were SO personable and were so accommodating when I had specific things I did and did not want, and even let me create a vegan entree for my guests (that everybody said was SO good!!). Everything came out perfectly and we had so many compliments!! I highly recommend SIMB! :)

Sent on 11/20/2018

Jessica · Married on 09/02/2017

Sun In My Belly provided a wonderful rehearsal dinner for our son and his bride-to-be. They were easy to work with and made great recommendations as far as menu and presentation. The quality of the food was outstanding and very "fresh or farm to table". They customized the menu to meet the desires of a "foody" group of young people. Will definitely use them again.

Sent on 07/13/2017

Kristina · Married on 05/06/2017

Max at SIMB was amazing. He was very organized, responsive, and professional. I am so glad he was there through the planning process, he knew our venue better than our wedding planner. Our food and cocktails were phenomenal. I've had several wedding guests tell me it was the best wedding food they ever had. I highly recommend them!

Sent on 06/04/2017

Shawn · Married on 09/02/2016

Absolutely superb! I had SIMB cater both of my daughters wedding receptions. Everything was fabulous. Our guest are still raving about the food. The presentation of the food is spot on as well, i highly recommend!

Sent on 10/05/2016

Danielle · Married on 06/11/2016

I tried to do my wedding for as cheap as possible and Sun in my Belly almost was not my choice because of being thrifty. They are more expensive than some caterers but, honestly, worth every penny. My wedding was over a month ago and I am still getting calls from my guests about how great the food was. The staff was professional, amazing, and attentive. The tasting was wonderful and honestly they were such a perfect caterer. It was just amazing. I will reccomend them to every person I meet having a wedding. They were willing to try to make anything happen, to make it beautiful, and make sure everyone was happy.

Sent on 07/25/2016

Belinda · Married on 04/30/2016

OUTSTANDING. Sun In My Belly (SIMB) responded to us within 24 hours of initial contact with a great deal of information. It was clear from the start that these folks were organized, detailed and eager to please. SIMB gave us not one, but TWO tastings at no charge and ensured we got to taste every item in which we expressed interest. The Executive Chef, Alison, oversaw our tastings herself and chatted with us about every detail of our event. She offered advice and assisted us with rental tables that worked better than what our venue offered. When we couldn’t decide on just 3 hors-d'oeuvres, Alison made it easy for us by offering to do a split portion on one of our choices to allow us to serve everything we wanted. She went above and beyond to accommodate us in making our menu exactly what we wanted. The food is absolutely delicious and was so good we had trouble choosing!
    Several months before the wedding date, Alison met us at our venue, requiring a 90-minute drive from Atlanta. She personally helped us determine our seating arrangement and assessed the space to determine the best options for every catering detail. On wedding day, the SIMB team were absolute pros. They got in and set up without a hitch. They made sure we had cocktails and a plate of hors-d'oeuvres waiting on us after the ceremony. As we made our way to the reception, we encountered Alison who had held a restless baby (one of the nieces) during the ceremony so that a sister-in-law could attend the ceremony (can you say above and beyond???)! The bartender was busy mixing our signature cocktail to perfection and when it ran out, she improvised by offering white wine spritzers. Those serving food were on top of every detail… even noticing a few folks that were stuck outside managing children and dogs and delivering them plates of food. These folks are absolute pros! We told Alison that we had one guest with a latex allergy and she purchased special non-latex gloves for her team to ensure no issues.

Sent on 05/06/2016

Terri · Married on 05/29/2015

After getting quotes from multiple vendors, we chose Sun in my Belly since they were able to work within our budget and we'd eaten at the restaurant before and liked their food. We worked with Leanne who was wonderful. She made sure we got fed during the reception and helped with so many things I can't list them all. Their wait abd bar staff was professional and the food was amazing. Everyone raved about it! My favs were the crab cake appetizer and the noodle bar with duck, shrimp, and pork.

Sent on 05/31/2015

As a bride without a planner, I cannot thank Sun in My Belly enough for absolutely capture my vision for the reception— I could not have imagined a more beautiful and elegant staging of our event. It was stunning! Second, the food was delicious! It was hard to imagine how a buffet for seventy people could possibly reach the levels of perfection that SIMB food achieves in the restaurant, but somehow they managed it! The omelets were so tasty, the salad was excellent and the eggs Benedict and french toast were just as wonderful as I remembered from the tasting! Most importantly, the SIMB staff was simply excellent— all the servers were attentive, professional and fun to have around! Everyone’s glasses were full, tables were cleared with admirable precision, and at the end of the event, they helped my family clear out our decorations! I cannot thank Sun in My Belly enough for making the reception everything I could have asked and so so so much more. We had so much fun and I don’t think I could have relaxed enough to enjoy the day without your amazing staff under the guidance of the absolutely phenomenal Leanne.

Sent on 01/27/2015

Christina · Married on 10/18/2014

The culinary and events team at Sun in my Belly exceeded our expectations throughout every touch point they handled leading up to and during our wedding day. From the time of our initial tasting to our final vendor walkthrough, owner & executive director Max LeBlanc made us feel super comfortable and taken care of. Max was incredibly knowledgeable, professional, organized and attentive throughout our partnership. Because our wedding was taking place at a venue that had never hosted a wedding before, we faced some challenges throughout the planning process. Max offered up great ideas and solutions – we found workarounds that all of our partners were able to collaborate together on.

We initially engaged SIMB for our cocktail hour and seated dinner catering, but we ended up also using their resources for bar & beverage service and furniture / table / linen rentals. Their offerings from a capabilities stand point is truly impressive - it made decision making towards the end of the process really convenient and simple. Max and his team worked closely with us to customize our guest experience. They helped create an evening that was so special, authentic and magical. Our friends and family still talk about how memorable the food and service was. We feel so fortunate to have been able to experience all the amazing things the SIMB culinary and events team has to offer. Thank you SIMB for making our day and night so delicious and perfect!

Sent on 05/24/2015

Erin · Married on 10/11/2014

We had SIMB cater our rehearsal dinner and brunch at our home for about 75 out of town guests.... AMAZING! Literally, people talked more about the food at our rehearsal dinner than they did for our wedding. The team was very friendly and the food speaks for itself. I would recommend them for any event!

Sent on 11/14/2014

Lauren · Married on 09/06/2014

Sun in My Belly is one of our favorite restaurants, and we were so happy to see them listed on our venue's (Courthouse on the Square) preferred vendors. (It actually helped to sell us on the venue!) We loved incorporating another piece of us into the wedding, and I especially liked that they use fresh, local ingredients whenever possible and free-range chicken. We didn't even taste other caterers - it was a no-brainer for us.

Max and team were very responsive during the planning process, even helping us figure out how many people we could fit in the room and how to lay out the space. A few weeks before our wedding we had the Lucy salad in the restaurant and fell head over heels, and they let us serve it as our salad even when it wasn't listed in the catering menu.

The food was so delicious the day of - we received many compliments on the food. Even the buffet presentation was so pretty - who knew a buffet could look elegant? My boss even asked us for their information to pass along to a friend who is having an event in Decatur. I recommend Sun in My Belly without hesitation. Our faves - the trout entree, mushroom gruyere crostini, chicken pistachio satay, the zucchini and corn, and the mac and cheese!

Sent on 09/24/2014

Meredith · Married on 08/09/2014

I can't say enough good things about Sun in my Belly! They created a custom, delicious, vegetarian-friendly menu (buffet style) for our wedding reception. Working with Max at the tasting and on menu selection was great.

Shortly before the wedding, we met with Max and Apraha, our on-site coordinator. We talked through all the details, and it put us totally at ease! Apraha came to the venue with us the day before the wedding to help us place tables and lay table cloths. I did a lot of DIY, but on the wedding day itself, I didn't have to worry about things coming together, because I knew we were in good hands with SIMB, and that the place would look beautiful and the food would be delicious. The catering staff at the event were friendly and fun. Apraha did an awesome job managing the flow of the event -- both the space and the time.

We sat down and ate with our guests, but they also packaged up a great amount of leftovers so that we could sit down after leaving the reception and enjoy some of the things we hadn't tried.

SIMB let us provide our own beverages and desserts, but when we wanted to add water pitchers, ice and lemons at the last minute, they could accommodate that too. They had great ideas of add special touches to the plans we had made, so the event felt very customized for us.

Sent on 09/21/2014

Sun In My Belly is amazing!!! Hands down the best food and the best catering vendor out there. A storm came through immediately proceeding our wedding, but Max and his team worked there magic and made the venue look absolutely stunning. He knew exactly how to handle a time of complete chaos. We cannot say enough good things about Sun In My Belly. They exceeded all expectations and made our wedding day the perfect day.

Sent on 07/02/2014

Mark · Married on 06/01/2014

I know it seems cheesy to give 5 stars across the board but Sun In My Belly did an outstanding job. Not just in food and service, they exceeded our expectations in every way. They really took the time to answer our questions make sure we understood everything and felt comfortable along the way. We had a small wedding limited to 50 guests so Alison was kind enough to take it upon herself to act as our Wedding Planner which helped us immensely in the co-ordination of events. She truly went above and beyond.

The Sun In My Belly staff were professional, well dressed for the event and down right friendly. We were hearing about how much everyone loved the food for months. Additionally, their resource for the Wedding Cake was top notch. Finally a Wedding Cake that didn't just look good but people wanted to eat!

Great food and good people. Sun In My Belly will treat you right and take care of you.

Sent on 11/03/2014

Emily · Married on 02/28/2014

Everything was yummy and was served beautifully. Would recommend.

Sent on 09/15/2014

Erica · Married on 11/16/2013

So many brides say they didn't get to eat on their wedding day, but I did and it was amazing. Sun in My Belly provided the perfect menu for me and my husband. We wanted our wedding to be very relaxed (like us) and wanted more of a tapas style / buffet style menu, not a huge sit down affair. They listened to what we wanted and stayed within our budget without skimping on the good stuff: corn muffins with pulled pork, meatball sliders, tomato basil soup served with grilled cheese bites (is your mouth watering? Cause mine is!) and that was just our passed hors d'oeuvres! We'll definitely be spending our anniversary at the SIMB cafe, chowing down on SIMB mac n' cheese and reminiscing on our beautiful wedding day!

Sent on 04/30/2014

We opted for a buffet rather than a seated dinner - SiMB laid it out very artfully, and was able to accommodate our guests with dietary restrictions. In fact, they prepared a special entree for our one vegan friend, found her amongst our guests, and made sure that she got it - service that we didn't even ask for. Amazing! Our friend was thrilled and said that she'd never eaten so well at a wedding! SiMB was easy to work with, the food was fresh AND delicious, and the staff were helpful, efficient, and kind. Hire them - you won't regret it!

Sent on 10/04/2013

Sarah · Married on 06/29/2013

We cannot say enough good things about our experience with Sun In My Belly.

Even though our wedding was out of state (Western NC) and the venue staff made things challenging (no kitchen use), Sun In My Belly rose to the occasion. They were professional, extremely kind to us and above all delicious!

We are almost at our one-year anniversary and friends and family members still tell us how good the food was and ask for recommendations. Our guests have told us it was, “the best wedding food” they’d ever had and that our wedding was one of their, “top three.”

Sun In My Belly truly made the day special for us in so many ways. We are lifelong fans and lucky to live close enough for dinner on a regular basis.

Sent on 05/19/2014

Jordan · Married on 05/19/2013

I attending a wedding and rehearsal dinner that SIMB catered to. It was incredible food!! I actually think it was better than what they serve in their restaurant on a normal night. They delivered everything on time; I never saw one issue. I was so impressed! They even let us use their back room and terrace for the rehearsal dinner. So wonderful!

Sent on 01/13/2015

Cameron · Married on 04/27/2013

We had Sun in My Belly cater for our wedding last year and it was amazing! We had several compliments from our guests that they thoroughly enjoyed the spread! They were so helpful and willing to work with our wants and needs! I was wanting a classy Southern spread for our Cocktail Hour, and we were smitten with several appetizers and were having to chose between between the Fried Green Tomatoes and the Pimento Cheese to finish out our menu. Our contact there suggested combining them and putting the Pimento Cheese on top of the Fried Green Tomato. Life changing! I so appreciated their willingness to make custom changes to accommodate us. The set-up was gorgeous and it was so wonderful, as the bride, to have confidence in our menu and the hands that were delivering it. We loved the restaurant and knew that we would love the catering as well. Thank you for making our day worry free and delicious!

Sent on 05/09/2014

Michelle · Married on 09/29/2012

Let me just say that having good food at my wedding was the goal because all too often it's dried up chicken and wilted salads unless you can afford $100 a head. Well, that's what I thought, anyway. SIMB delivered like no other on the food front at a very reasonable rate. When you go to leave the venue and there is literally no food left, you know you had a successful choice. The staff was also well equipped to serve up drinks and keep everything refreshed. Our guests kept commenting on the quality of food, the amount of vegetarian choices that weren't the salad, and the creatively refreshing drink options.

On the vegetarian option note, definitely a good choice if you need something for yourself or others with dietary restrictions but not everyone will have. SIMB does an excellent job at balancing enough goodies for meat lovers while keeping veggie folks happy. They'll even do vegan upon request.

Overall, I'm happy with the quality of food, the happiness of my guests, and the gorgeous linens Max, Emily, and team secured for my wedding. Highly recommend them if you have an event you need catered!

Sent on 11/27/2012

Ryan · Married on 09/15/2012

I can not even start to tell you how many compliments I received on the food at my wedding. Max and his team are awesome! I was the first wedding at my venue and Max pulled it off like he had done 50 weddings at this venue. All the things I was clueless about he stepped in and calmed all my fears (locations of stations, lines at the bar, traffic flow, etc) Sun in my Belly provided delicious food for my wedding....but did SO much more too! I highly recommend Sun in My Belly for any event! : )

Sent on 02/22/2013
  • Andi

Andi · Married on 01/28/2012

Sun in My Belly did an amazing job for my wedding! When I first approached my mother and told her I wanted a vegetarian wedding, she freaked out, thinking that the guests would leave hungry. After out first tasting, she no longer had that fear. The hardest part was choosing which yummy selections we wanted on our menu. We had too many choices, and Allison was so accommodating to all our special requests. Even now, a month later, people’s first comment to me is how much they loved the food. The presentation and service was great as well. I couldn’t be more pleased. Max and Emily even helped with decorating suggestions. They all really made my special day flow flawlessly. I couldn’t be more pleased. Everyone who attended was so impressed with Sun in My Belly, that my brother and his fiancé are using them for their upcoming wedding as well.

Sent on 03/02/2012
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 11/19/2011

Thank you so much Alison & Max, from Sun in my Belly for taking part in the "I-Do Thank You Wedding". My husband Christopher and I can not thank you enough for your graciousness and all of your hard work in providing the delicious catering for our wedding. Everything was absolutely breath delicious! Our guests are still raving about how delicious everything was! I highly recommend any one who needs catering for their event use Sun in my Belly! They are friendly, talented and have great customer service! Thank you so much, and a million more times! Love Always-- Amanda Farrell

Sent on 12/23/2011