Summit Event Catering Reviews

Summit Event Catering 3
Summit Event Catering 4
  • Athena

Athena · Married on 05/05/2018

It was a pleasure working with Summit Catering Events. Debbie was the one in charge of our wedding and she was amazing! You can tell she has years of experience and helped make the process smooth and easy. The food at our wedding was amazing! I had nothing but good feedback from my guests. They loved our food! As a foodie myself, food is something I want my guests to remember when they think about my wedding and Summit Catering Events pulled it off. I am so happy that I chose them over all the other caterers out there. Debbie responded to us right away, answered all of our questions and had questions for us like the little things we didn't even think of. Thank you for making my wedding such a memorable one! I recommend Summit Catering Events to anyone and everyone looking for delicious and yummy food!

Adreanna · Married on 10/14/2017

As my partner and I planned our wedding, we had a couple of unpleasant encounters with overpriced caterers. The moment we spoke to Veronica, from Summit Event Catering we were sold. We hired Summit Events Catering before even trying the food. The customer service was so above and beyond we just had to work with Summit and their all-star coordinator, Veronica Medrano.

Veronica delivered on her promise to make our event a beautiful, special, and delicious one. Summit was able to work with us in so many capacities but I'll try and keep it short. We were able to taste a variety of their tasty menu options and select meals for all our guests, including our pescetarian guests. Choosing from so many great options was so hard! On the day of the event, they provided a delicious iced tea, water, water cups, kind, professional, flexible service staff, and of course, the delicious meal we are all still raving about to this day. Summit allowed us to personalize the meals a little further by permitting our family to provide a home made beverage.

The buffet was well organized. The wedding party was taken care of as they made sure to set aside appetizers for us. We, the bride and groom, were served our dinner and did not have to wait for the buffet line. The staff was flexible enough to pass around our cake pop desserts (from a different vendor).

Don't worry if your venue does not permit cooking on site. Summit can work with that.

For some, food is not as important for their event. For us, it was the most important. It is so obvious the hands cooking the food are so special and talented. On top of that, Veronica is well connected in the community. She was able to refer us to other vendors in the area. She is truly an expert in her field as are the great chefs.

Janet · Married on 01/21/2017

When we first started to look for caterers, we had no idea what we were looking for and what we wanted. We found Summit Catering as one of the "preferred vendors" from our venue. They were located in Fullerton which is really close to where we live, so I made a call. From the moment I talked with Veronica on the phone from day 1, I knew they were our caterers. We even looked/spoke to 3 other caterers after them and we still came back to Summit. Veronica knew exactly what I wanted without me even knowing what I wanted. She knew my fiance and I were big on making sure the food was good and that all of our guests had a good time.

Veronica helped us plan the perfect menu for our wedding with just the right amount of deliciousness and fun. We had great appetizers that fed our guests through cocktail hour. The food during the reception was amazing with a carving station to top it off. Lastly we had late night snacks with bacon wrapped hot dogs that really helped with our guests who just wanted to linger around before heading home. Everyone til this day has complimented on how good the food was at the wedding and we can't thank Veronica enough for her guidance in planning.

I also want to note that we got married in downtown LA during the Women's March (aka Trump protest) and Veronica and her team were still able to make their way to the venue site and prepare a meal for 260 guests on time. They had to push and shove (with some law enforcers) to get to our venue to set up, but they were professional and timeline. We couldn't have asked for a better team of caterers that wanted to make our day more special than we did for ourselves.
    We 200% guarantee that Summit and Veronica will take good care of you, your belly, and your guests.

lisa · Married on 11/06/2016

My husband and I have gushed that the cost of our wedding coordinator was completely worth it, solely because she connected us to Summit Catering. Our sales rep, Veronica, was incredible and put together the perfect menu for our day. We were having a Sunday brunch wedding and we wanted to accommodate our guests by serving a delicious and filling meal that was appropriate for mid-day. We came to our first tasting with some ideas in mind (pastries for cocktail hour, chicken & waffles for the entree buffet) and Veronica ran with those ideas, suggesting side dishes, additions, sauces, drinks and details that fit our theme AND our budget.

We had invited 125 people, and assumed 100 would attend so we paid for 100 people up front. Only 90 were able to attend, and when we told Veronica, she let us use the leftover pre-paid money to add some fun food items to our cocktail hour.

The day of, the Summit team was incredible. They did a beautiful job of setting up in some tight spaces and displayed all the food in a convenient and pretty way. They were very efficient getting our guests through the buffet but best of all, THE FOOD WAS DELICIOUS. Many of our guests came up to us saying it was the best wedding food they had ever had. We completely agreed.

As for service, the staff was so friendly and professional. They joked with our guests and catered to us in an amazing way - refreshing our plates a few times when we let our food get cold while talking to friends and family. They also worked well with Food Finders - a service we used to distribute leftover food to food banks and shelters.

We could not recommend Summit more!

Michael · Married on 10/22/2016

Great service and amazing food! Highly recommended!

Belinda · Married on 08/08/2015

Summit Event Catering has the best food and service out there! Our vendor, Veronica Medrano, quickly and easily set up our first food tasting and we were hooked! We didn't look any further and immediately booked them for our seaside summer wedding. They have amazing food & staff. they were on time and have reasonable prices. Veronica even helped with theme and look of our glamours beach wedding. She is passionate about her craft and would definitely recommend her and Summit Event Catering to any engaged couple. She will work with your budget and even worked with us during our last minute guest count addition. Our wedding guest all raved about the never ending delicious food. From the appetizers to late night snack it was a 5 star experience. We ordered the short rib and also vegetarian option for our entree and we couldn't be happier. Thank you Summit you all rocked it!

Sandra · Married on 12/06/2014

I was introduced to Summit this summer when they catered the first of two weddings my husband and I were fortunate enough to host this year. I was so pleased with their service, food, and attention to detail that I hired them again for our second wedding reception just a week and a half ago. If I could give Pam Aki a score of 10, I would.

Brooke · Married on 10/24/2014

Holy cow are we glad we decided on Summit for our wedding catering. From the moment I spoke to Pamela Aki I knew I was in for getting the best service we could hope for. We hadn't even tried the food and I knew that this was the perfect match for us. They do SO much more than the traditional role of a caterer and the work hard to make sure they can stay within your budget by offering unique ideas and ways to cut costs. From our first email exchange I knew it was going to be good, then we Pam met me at our venue I seriously could have cried I was so happy. To top it off my husband and I went to a complimentary tasting next and the food and service was out of this world. I am SO happy we used them for our food. And so lucky that Pam happened to be our point of contact and manage our menu from building to actually being onsite to manage. I would definitely and have already recommended their services to other brides and business for holiday parties. Thank you SO SO much Pam and team for making our wedding dinner amazing! Oh and the mac-and-cheese is seriously to die for, I could live on that! :-) You can see a few snippets of our buffet in our wedding video: http://vimeo.com/110062579.

Got a unique reception idea? Summit will make your dream come true!

From day one of our engagement my husband and I knew we wanted the In-N-Out truck at our wedding. But the truck just does burgers. We needed a caterer to help make the rest of the reception happen (appetizers, sides, servers, etc.). As I dug into the pages and pages of caterers in So Cal, I put an inquiry in to Summit. Veronica called me within minutes of hitting send and I knew immediately Summit was the one for us!

Veronica took time to understand our background, the type of reception we envisioned and our budget. She had tons of experience (and a great reputation!) with our venue, the Diamond Bar Center. The truth is you’re not only getting great catering with Summit, but staff with the expertise to help your whole event run flawlessly. On the day of the wedding Veronica and her staff did an amazing job of ensuring our guests were tended to and well fed. Even when we hit some bumps in the road Veronica worked alongside our other vendors to keep things moving smoothly

Oh, and did I mention the food is delicious?! Summit provided tray passed appetizers, a French fry bar with 5 different sauces, as well as green beans, a salad and a pasta side. I lived in Belgium and fell in love with one of their frites sauces that I could never find in the U.S. Veronica made note and had the chef make the sauce special for the wedding. The guests raved about all the food!

If you’re looking for a wedding caterer who will help make your unique event ideas come to life (while staying in budget), then Summit is for you!

Nicole · Married on 09/20/2014

The most amazing food I could have ever asked for. Everything was so delicious!! We decided to do a pasta buffet along with a carving station and mashed potatoes. Unfortunately the mashed potatoes were a no show but the rest of the food definitely made up for the loss. I went back for more food at the end of the night and it was all gone! I've never been to a wedding where there wasn't food left over; just goes to show you how freaking good everything was. :)

Cassandra · Married on 09/13/2014

I highly recommend Summit Catering. They catered our outdoor reception in Anaheim in September 2014. We had about 250 guests, but this was not a problem at all. Even though we had such a large party, the food was still excellent! We had two types of pasta and our guests told us afterward that it was very tasty. We also heard from our guests that when seconds were announced, a lot of people went up! The presentation was very beautifully set up and everything was easy to access. Everything catering related went off without a hitch! We also had such a great experience with Pam during the planning process. She was very responsive to our emails, and she worked with our budget without trying to push more expensive options. She was so helpful in our initial meeting at the venue when we planned out where everything was going to be situated. Never having planned a wedding before, she asked a lot of great questions that I would have never thought of. We also hired a bar service, linens, and other rentals through vendors that Summit recommended. Pam took care of coordinating with those vendors, which was a huge help! Pam was even willing to bring extra things for us to the reception. Pam also worked very well with my two reception coordinators. She was amazing and provided exceptional catering service for our wedding. I can't imagine what our wedding would've been like without her! Summit really went above and beyond our expectations!

Bride · Married on 08/08/2014

The Best Caterer EVER.
    We could not have picked a better caterer. The food was exquisite, and the service was exceptional. I usually do not take the time to reviews, but in this case I want everyone to know how wonderful Summit Catering and their staff is. Veronica was our event manager, and she was so helpful. She understood my budget and really helped guide me through the process. Every question, food related or not, she gave me very helpful information. I used a majority of her suggestions on where to find other services, what to do in hairy situations, and general advice/recommendations on dealing with vendors. I did not even have to hire a wedding planner because she was so helpful. And did I mention the food was awesome. I have never been so impressed by a company's commitment to excellence and superb staff.

Danelle · Married on 07/12/2014

Pamela Aki and her staff were excellent. They were professional and courteous. They catered to the needs of the bride and groom and all of their guests. The meal production was orchestrated in a timely manner.

Food is an important part of a celebration. The meal was delicious and the dessert was out of this world. Many of the guests inquired who the caterer was!!

The company was very easy to work with and accommodated our needs. We highly recommend Summit Event Catering for any catered event.

Shanna · Married on 06/21/2014

I booked Summit event catering for my wedding. We were able to work out a perfect menu with Pam and they even set up a date for us to taste everything. our food was not normal, we wanted three courses served family style. The first was Greek food, second Thai, and third was Italian. Each course came with a salad, side and, main course. Four months before our wedding our venue cancelled on us because they messed up some of their permits. The new venue we found would only allow us to use one of their preferred vendors. Pam let use use the money we had already paid to cater our rehearsal dinner instead. We came up with a new menu and they had everything cooked and ready for our friends to pick up. The food was just fabulous. No one had anything but happy things to say about the food. It came in a professional set up that kept everything piping hot, even after a three hour ride. We still have money left over that we are going to use for a very special dinner for our one year anniversary.

Athena · Married on 06/20/2014

**** Love At First Bite ****

Question...do you want to work with someone fun, energetic and accommodating and have the most delicious food in all land at your wedding without breaking the bank?! Solution...Veronica Medrano and Summit Catering!!! When my husband and I first started looking into food for our wedding we thought we’d be confined to the preferred caterer list of our venue, all of whom were outrageously expensive and a little uptight for our taste. Then our wedding planner suggested Summit, we met with Veronica (AKA Muscles) and we knew we’d found a needle in a haystack! We were stoked to find out that not only was Summit’s menu versatile and mouth watering (this from a couple who refer to themselves as Team Delicious), but amazingly they were less expensive than all the other caterers we’d looked at even with the buyout fee!!! Veronica really embraced putting our personalities and cultures into our menu, we had a Shrimp Etouffee (a nod to my Creole background) and Korean Street Tacos (a combo of my Korean angel’s and my Mexican background)...we even had a salad graciously named after me on the menu, which my hubby (a chef) makes me for me on a daily basis!!! I’m not surprised at the crazy amount of our guests who told us, “best food I’ve ever had at a wedding”...because it was!!!! It was incredible, the whole experience with Muscles and Summit was a dream! Not only was the food brilliant, Veronica a ball of infectious energy (truly a joy to be around, so much so that I want to be friends with her), their tasting offers you a chance to try 3 other couples’ menus so you can pick and choose (should you like another couple’s choices more than your own) and they even pack up leftovers for you to eat post wedding!!! Look into them yourself and I’m sure you’ll agree when I say Summit and Muscles are worth every penny!

Janet · Married on 04/05/2014

I used Summit Event Catering.
    Thank you Pam and all who made my daughters wedding so special! First of all, I live 2000 miles away and was not sure how I was going to pull this wedding off so far away. My daughter lives in Huntington Beach and wanted the wedding to be in California. Pam was so wonderful to meet with me when I was in town, she even met me at the reception site over her Christmas holidays to discuss the setup. She gave us great ideas & helped my daughter make necessary discussions that I had suggested but were not received (sometimes they will listen to someone else during this stressful planning time, if you know what I mean! Haha) We had lots of last minute changes due to illnesses in family members and Pam made sure they happened, even though she was gone on her vacation in Washington D.C. Everyone loved the food!! She put me in touch with venders for our linens &the bar. Both were over the top. My daughters day was just perfect!! Thank you Summit and Mrs. Pam!!!

I was frustrated in my search for a caterer for our unique geek-chic wedding. Not only did we want to incorporate a Star Wars theme to our food, but we wanted "breakfast for dinner" - waffles, bacon, omelet bar... the works. After talking to several caterers who just didn't get it, or even worse, tried to talk me out of it... the heavens opened up and brought me to Veronica at Summit.

From the minute I started talking with her, I KNEW this was our catering company. Not only did she understand completely what we wanted, but she was SO EXCITED to work with us on every piece of it. From the menu to decor ideas, from KILLER appetizers (people are still talking about them) to our wedding pie for dessert (not a slice left), she worked with us to go beyond our wildest dreams of what our day could be, and somehow managed to keep it all in budget. Veronica even helped to manage our rentals to make sure everything was covered. And her team! They designed gorgeous and creative Star Wars-themed name cards for each item on the buffet, and the ham carving station server dressed up as a Jedi! They really went all out in every way imaginable. And every single person who helped with and/or attended our event was professional, fun and super sweet.

And did I mention the food? HANDS DOWN the most delicious food we tasted. Everything is delicious and impeccable quality.

Whether your wedding is a little wacky like ours, or elegant and traditional, you will not find better, more creative or caring people to work with than Veronica and Summit.

Shang · Married on 09/15/2013

I can't recommend Summit Event Catering enough for a wedding. I feel like they're one of those vendors who seriously make your wedding happen. I got to work directly with Pam and I felt like she was kind of my wedding fairy godmother.

ON SITE CATERING
    I searched high and low for an all inclusive on site caterer who would be able to bring the food, cook the food, provide service, and do all the cleanout. Summit Event did that and more - they also helped coordinate rentals, and Pam came the day of as well to meet me and help with setup. They also checked on the kitchen and came with their fully equipped catering truck!

FLEXIBILITY
    I cannot stress how flexible it is to work with Summit Event. I was planning long distance from SF and NYC and they worked with me and my husband's crazy travel schedules for the tasting. and then my husband and I decided to change up the entire menu! Summit Event did not miss a beat and kept us on budget.

THE FOOD!!! Soooo GOOD
    We first had a pretty traditional menu... then we decided to mix it up and have more diverse dishes. Pam patiently worked with our religious restrictions (no pork and shellfish). We got to serve lamb, butternut squash ravioli (totally gone by end of the night!), roasted vegetables... and we got to take home some of the leftovers =)

COORDINATING RENTALS
    Summit Event was awesome and recommended OC Events as a rental company with whom they'd coordinate linen (I had white tablecloths with eggplant colored table runners and napkins) and cocktail table rentals. Summit Event handled everything including the contract, payment, pickup, and drop off of rentals

Summit Event was basically everything I could ever want in a caterer. Professional, responsive, fairly priced, and a high quality product. LOVE THEM.

Katherine · Married on 08/10/2013

I cannot say enough good things about Summit and yet, I don't even know where to begin. I suppose I'll start with Pam Aki, my event coordinator there. She is simply FANTASTIC! She is professional, knowledgeable, patient, and incredibly kind and warm. I don't know how I would have gotten through all the planning and details without her guidance. Summit provided me with comprehensive event coordination. Pam connected me with rental, linen, and drapery vendors that were within my budget. Since my husband was in law school at the time, our budget was very tight and I appreciated the fact that Pam never tried to upsell me on anything. We told her what we wanted, how much we could spend, and Pam gave us only what we asked for. Nothing more, nothing less. She always had solutions if we wanted to try this thing or that. She was very patient and adaptable since we continually changed our menu. However, my glowing feelings for Summit are not only directed at Pam. Everyone I worked with was just like her: professional, friendly, and on top of their game. And I mean everyone from the staff, other wedding coordinators, and the owner himself! My wedding went off without a hitch and all of my guests exclaimed how good the food was. If you're reading this, stop looking. Summit is all you need.

Kari · Married on 07/13/2013

Pam has done two weddings for us and will cater my sisters wedding in April. The food is amazing and the service is impeccable! Pam helped me so much during my own wedding she is considered part of our family and not just a caterer! We loved her!

Veronica · Married on 06/15/2013

Veronica at Summit Catering did an unbelievable job with our daughters Quince! I got so many compliments on the food and drink variety, everything was just perfect.
    The food is incredible, so delicious! She went out of her way to make our event a success!
    As the Host I was fully taken care of with drinks, food and any concern and our very own servers for Dinner who made sure we got a little bit of everything! at the perfect time.
    Anytime I needed some advise during the planning process, Veronica was there to help, always very quick to respond as well, which I completely appreciated. We found our décor, flowers, linen, bartender and DJ through her recommendations and they also were perfect!

Lindsey · Married on 06/15/2013

Everything was simply fantastic! The food was great - we had the perfect variety we were looking for in the budget range we needed. Veronica was our event coordinator and she also gave us great references for our linen company, DJ, and florist. She was extremely helpful and available throughout the whole process! And, bless her heart, very patient with myself and my dear sisters-in-law who were helping coordinate all the requirements on the day of. I was a little nervous when at the last minute I discovered she would no longer be at my event, but the team was incredible, professional, and everything ran smoothly! I would hire them again in a heartbeat for any catering needs I have. Veronica was simply great, the serving team on the day of were great, and I am so grateful for such a wonderful, calm experience on my wedding day. Thank you Summit Events!

Monique · Married on 04/20/2013

Pam is AMAZING! Together we created a wonderful menu for my April backyard wedding. Summit is very flexible and extremely professional. They really worked with my husband and in achieving the perfect menu. My husband and I both knew we did not want "wedding food" and we wanted our guest to be satisfied. So in turn, chicken, rice, and veggies were most definitely out of the question! :)

Because our budget was a little tight, but yet we didn’t want to skimp on the food, Summit was kind enough to beautifully set up some items I purchased for the appetizer. The set up went smooth, the presentation was impeccable, the staff was kind and professional, and the food was delicious!

Pam, if you are reading this: thank you! From the bottom of our hearts, thank you for being part of my dream team!

Maty · Married on 04/06/2013

Awesome!! What can I say, Summit event catering made the day if our wedding run so smoothly!! Veronica Medrano gave us so much of her time and suggestions on food choice, she also worked with our budget! we loved our food and our guest did as well! The staff the day of the wedding were fabulous and professional!! Thank you Summit and Veronica!

Humberto & Maty Flores

Shannon · Married on 10/13/2012

Call Veronica from Summit Event Catering immediately! She passionate about what she does and makes you feel as if your wedding day is as important to her as it is to you. She worked within our budget, helped come up with fun ideas for our menu (adding grilled cheese and fries late night was a hit!), and was always easily reachable. The food at our wedding was even better than what we had at our tasting. There was plenty of food and everything went on time and seamlessly (which can be stressful when doing a buffet). She helped with recommending our bar service, which was equally as fantastic. Our expectations were exceeded and she defines customer service. I would not hesitate to use her again in the future. Call her!