Stylist To Go Reviews

49 | Alexandria, VA

49 Reviews for Stylist To Go

49 Stylist To Go Reviews

Gabrielle · Married on 04/08/2018

Amy is an incredible hair stylist and CEO! She did my hair and my wife's for our wedding day earlier this month - she was so professional, fun, and skilled. She gave us advice on what she thought would look best, but she really listened to our vision of what we wanted. Jocelyn came along with her and did our make-up for the day, which we couldn't have been happier with. Neither of us wear much make-up so we opted for airbrush, and this was definitely the right decision. Jocelyn was so awesome, and she really made us feel beautiful. Both of them arrived promptly at our residence and made us feel so relaxed and pampered before our big day. Everything was finished within 2.5 hours, as they recommended. Thank you Amy and Jocelyn!

Gaia · Married on 04/23/2017

I had a wonderful experience with Stylist To Go for my April wedding. Amy was super responsive and helpful in answering all of my questions every step of the way. I loved loved loved Carolina (my hairstylist) for her sweet disposition and excellent hands--she spent extra time during my trial helping me figure out exactly what I wanted on the big day. She also did the hair for my two flower girls, and she was so awesome with the little ones. The makeup artists who did my makeup and that of my bridal party were also so wonderful and made everyone feel beautiful. And all the services were in my budget! I would definitely use Stylist To Go again!

Lisa · Married on 11/12/2016

Stylists to go did a great job with my hair and make up as well as that of my bridesmaids and mom. Carmen was our hairstylist and was able to work with a variety of hair types and lengths. Everyones hair looked amazing! Our make up also looked great. Most of us do not normally wear make up and the make up that we got looked great, but natural. This is what we were hoping for. It was convenient that I was able to have the trial at my home. Amy worked with me to change the time of my wedding day services several time. This was very helpful and alleviated some of the wedding planning stress.

Stephanie · Married on 09/24/2016

I'm so very happy with Amy and Stylist to Go! She went above and beyond to make me happy on my wedding day and I can't recommend her enough. She did a hair trial for me so I was able to decide what style I wanted. The initial style I thought I wanted wasn't what I ended up choosing, so I'm glad I had the 3-look trial to decide.
    She arrived on-time and had everything with her that she needed. She did my bridesmaid's hair as well as 2 flower girls (age 2 and 4). The little girls were squirmy and not happy to have their hair done but Amy was so gentle and kind, and their hair looked amazing!
    Thank you so much Amy!

Brynn · Married on 09/10/2016

I'm so happy I found this group! I had them do my hair and makeup, my mom's hair and makeup, and hair and/or makeup for 9 maids. Amy was great with timely communication! I did a hair and makeup trial 3 days before my big day and was able to get 3 different hair and makeup looks and they made sure to take pictures of them all so I could look them over and decide what I wanted for my wedding. They got everyone done in 4 hours with 3 hair stylists and 2 makeup artists and everyone looked AMAZING!!! All my maids were completely satisfied with their looks as was I. Additionally, everyone's hair and makeup held up throughout the entire night and we were dancing pretty hard so kudos to these ladies who know their craft and at a great price! I would highly recommend hiring this group for any hair/makeup needs!

• Nikkell402 #makeyourownrules

Brittany · Married on 05/21/2016

My wife and I are so happy we booked Stylist To Go! I have to say that Amy's quick responses are probably one of the best I have seen in working with a professional. She literally works 24/7 and those responses took so much pressure off of me. I also really appreciated the clear cut guidelines in what the services would be. And the fact that unlike most companies who ask for a minimum when booking services, Amy didn't require a large party to work with my wife and I. Her pay system and website is really user friendly. She didn't mind clarifying when I was confused, and accommodated when my mother wanted services at the last minute. Her staff was just as amazing! My makeup artist did get changed several times, but I do understand that comes with contracting out. Amy reassured me when I didn't particularly like my foundation used during my makeup trial, that she would pass along my notes to the new stylist working on the wedding day and that they will work with me until I am completely satisfied. I like working with a company who isn't afraid to have their customers speak up when they aren't happy with something. And of course Amy was right, because Nicole did an amazing job on my mother and I's makeup! It was professional grade yet natural looking, and she executed my look to a Tee!. And Carolina, who did my hair, was my favorite! She was early for both the trial and day of, professional, sweet, and extremely talented.
    My wife had the same sentiments for her team, and was absolutely gorgeous walking down that aisle. You won't regret hiring Amy and her team!

• MrsRivera

Amanda · Married on 02/21/2016

I had make-up done for myself, three bridesmaids, and my mother, and everyone looked amazing. I had said I wanted each woman to pick her own style, that I didn't want everyone to look the same. I was amazed at how everyone really looked like themselves - just enhanced. I went with a vintage look - winged eyeliner and red lips, while my MOH likes a very soft bronze eye and natural lips. Another bridesmaid got a natural Blake Lively-esque look, and the last got a very dark dramatic eye with nude lips. Everyone's looks were so different and yet still tied together nicely. Not to mention, it was raining and no one's make up budged! (Well, mine smudged a little when my husband tried to wipe a tear from my eye after the ceremony, but that's certainly not the artist's fault!) I got a touch up baggie with extra lip color, but even through rain, pictures, drinking, and eating, I never needed to use it. My lip color looked perfect 12 hours later.

Stylist to Go is also incredibly affordable, and if you're in Alexandria you don't pay extra for them to come to you, because that's their whole thing. I loved the convenience of having them come to our hotel room! Overall, just a great experience.

I just used Stylist To Go for my wedding last weekend. They truly made my wedding dreams come true! My hair and makeup was EXACTLY what I wanted, and this was even after deciding on a new hair style last minute. My hair stylist was so in tune with what I was going for, and she made it look beautiful and effortless. My makeup artist was doing my makeup for the first time, and was really tuned in to me wanting a natural and simple look. My husband keeps commenting on how beautiful I looked and it didn't look like I had much makeup on at all (even though I had way more on than I normally wear). Everything from my first communication with Amy to the trials to the final day, was easy, organized, and affordable! I HIGHLY recommend them to anyone who would like their stylists to come to them for their wedding day (which is so much more fun, anyways!) I did it only for myself, my mom and my sister. But I know they could definitely handle a bigger group with great ease. The only thing to prepare for is making sure there is parking for them for the trial and the big day. Not difficult, just plan ahead. Thank you Amy and the stylists who made my dreams come true! :)

Meghan · Married on 10/10/2015

This company was AMAZING! They made getting ready so easy and organized. I had 6 bridesmaids play myself and my mom for hair and makeup. Nothing was a problem, everyone looked amazing and they finished on time. They were awesome and I highly recommend them!

Stylist to go handled hair and makeup for myself (the bride), 3 bridesmaids and mother of the bride. I also did the bridal hair trial with Amy and it is definitely worth it to do the trials so you can try out what style looks best. Amy is absolutely amazing at what she does, and what I appreciated most was that she gives honest advice and great suggestions. I absolutely loved how my hair and makeup turned out for the wedding - she and her team did a great job (and it lasted all night too!). They came directly to our wedding location, right on time, and were very organized not only the day of, but during the entire process leading up to the wedding. Would highly recommend!

• Jonalyn

Jonalyn · Married on 08/01/2015

Amy (the owner) at Stylist to Go was always on top of everything, very responsive and very professional. Since I was the only one getting my hair done (my bridesmaids opted to do their own hair and makeup to save having to pay for it themselves), it was hard for me to find a vendor with no minimums. I was fortunate enough to find Stylist to Go who had no minimums, and Carmen, who did my hair trial and my wedding hair, was perfect. Carmen listened to my vision and worked off of my Pinterest board seamlessly. She combined looks together to give me the look that I loved. She pinned my veil to my hair and stayed a little longer after I had gotten into my gown to make sure my veil would stay in place. I was very happy with her services and her attention to detail and my vision. She was friendly and patient, and I could not have asked for anyone better. Would definitely recommend them.

Amy and her team come right to you house or venue with hair and makeup services. She is bilingual, which was our requirement for my future in-laws.

I only showed her a few up-do styles and showed the makeup artist one style and they created a PERFECT trial. When you make your trial appointment, Stylist to Go ensures the stylists they send are available for your wedding day - so no surprises and you already have a working relationship with the stylists.

We are excited to work with them in May!

I didn't have bridal party and most vendors require minimum services or people. Luckily Stylist to Go did not have that requirement. I worked with Amy for hair. We did one hair style at the trial which I thought was what I wanted but ended up not being for me. I notified Amy right away and sent her various pictures of option 2 and I loved how it came out on wedding day! She was extremely flexible with my changes and super sweet to work with!

Kristie · Married on 09/06/2014

Stylist to go did a great job on the hair styling for some of my bridesmaids on our wedding day and did it at such a great price. Our stylist was very friendly and willing to accommodate the looks that the girls wanted and made sure they were happy with the end product. Their hair held up wonderfully all day and everyone was very happy with their look. They were also very responsive and helpful in the booking process.

Styliststogo did an excellent job with my hair! It was perfect! Amy did exactly what I wanted. I recommend having a hair and make up trial so you can see how your hair and make up will look a few different ways. Then you can pick the best style and look. You also get a goody bag. My bridesmaids and MIL looked fabulous as well.

• F

Faiqa · Married on 07/05/2014

Ami Rojas and Nyisha are great. They made me feel like a princess.I had a bog wedding party and everyone looked so stunning. My mother looked 20 years younger.We all got so many nice compliments. You girls rock!!!

Nichole · Married on 04/12/2014

Amy and her team were simply amazing! I had a very small bridal party (just me and one bridesmaid) and was having a hard time finding someone who would come to us for a reasonable price. Other places I contacted flatly turned me away because I didn't have a big enough party. Not Amy. She ensured me from start to finish everything would be fine. I was unable to go through a trial hair and makeup because I live in another state but I was able to show her photos of what I liked. She made it happen! My hair was PERFECT. It stayed in place the entire day and I didn't need extensions. She made my hair look the best it ever has. I believe Katherine worked on my make up, and she did so while Amy worked on my hair. And it was flawless! Even with my crying at so many points, she continued to work right through it. She touched me up afterward and ensured me it would be fine if I cried again. She was right! I cried at the ceremony and after the first dance and you could not tell a thing! My makeup was FLAWLESS the entire day. Couldn't be more happier with this team of ladies!

Stylist to Go provided hair and makeup services on my wedding day for me, the mother of the bride and mother of the groom, the grandmothers, and my bridesmaids. They showed up at our hotel room at the Hotel Monaco in Alexandria on time, enthusiastic, and with all of the supplies they needed. There were three stylists and they were all professional and very talented.

The communication with Amy prior to my wedding date was fantastic - she answered emails promptly and was flexible about understanding my needs and giving me options. The services she provided on site were equal or less in price to other vendors I'd checked out - and she really did a great job. My makeup stayed on all night and my hair stayed in place.

I would recommend Stylist to Go to any of my friends without hesitation. The fact that they came to the hotel really took a lot of pressure off the wedding morning, and they were accommodating, professional, and proficient throughout the entire experience.

Rachel · Married on 09/30/2013

Catherine and Amy are a great team! They are very friendly and flexible. I modeled with them a few days ago and they gave me a great look. I would definitely like to use them again in the future!

Leigh · Married on 09/14/2013

Amy and her team were great to work with for all my beauty needs leading up to and the day of my wedding! Stylist to Go is a fantastic option for brides who don't want to worry about the hassle of traveling to a salon on the day of their wedding. The whole process, from my hair/makeup trial to scheduling time slots for my mom and bridesmaids, was completely seamless. Amy was quick to respond to emails, was on time for everything, and made me feel like I had one less thing to worry about during the wedding planning process.

On top of that she did an amazing job styling my hair and her makeup artist did a wonderful job applying makeup to my bridesmaids in a way that complimented each of their looks.

I would definitely recommend her services to anyone else planning a wedding or other formal event!

Erinne · Married on 08/24/2013

Amy and Catherine did a phenomenal job on hair and makeup for our wedding party! Not only were Amy's rates reasonable, she was always courteous, professional, and quick to respond to e-mails and phone calls. I'd never felt more beautiful than on my wedding day. I had a hard time articulating exactly what I wanted with regards to my hair, but Amy knew how to work with my pin-straight Asian hair and make it look like what I was hoping for on the big day. They arrived at 9:30 am planning to only do my hair and makeup, my mom's hair, and one of my bridesmaid's hair. They were flexible enough to accommodate adding services (makeup for my mom, hair for another bridesmaid) AND still had us ready by 12:30 pm to meet our limo driver at 1 pm. My hair and makeup lasted the whole day/night... it even held up at the afterparty! I wish I had more special events to go to that required hiring Amy and Catherine... definitely keep Stylist to Go on your list of vendors to check out for your hair/makeup needs.

Maryn · Married on 08/04/2013

Amy is the contact person for Stylist to Go. When I initially contacted Amy through email regarding hair and make-up services for my 4 bridesmaids and myself, she responded quickly and thoroughly. I found her pricing reasonable and lower than several other hair and make-up vendors in the area. Amy asked me questions about the length and type of hair for each lady. Amy suggested LaToya as the make-up person and we scheduled a hair and make-up trial a couple of weeks before the wedding. Amy and LaToya came to my sister-in-law’s house with all of their supplies. They were prompt and friendly. Amy listened to my wish for an updo hairstyle and added her our style to it. She incorporated the hair accessories I provided. LaToya asked me questions about my skin and about the looked I wanted for the wedding. She designed a make-up blueprint that she could recreate for my wedding. I asked LaToya to incorporate my main color, purple, into the make-up and she did a lovely job brushing on purple eyeshadow on my eyelids. Both Amy and LaToya told me to let them know if I wanted to make any changes for hair and make-up for the wedding.
    The day of the wedding, LaToya and Amy recreated my hair and make-up styles perfectly. Amy listed to my request of adding my volume to my updo. I received many, many compliments about my hair. It stayed in place the entire evening after quite a bit of dancing. My make-up didn’t smear or run even after I cried. I was extremely happy with the end result.
    My bridesmaids chose their own hairstyles. Each bridesmaid asked Amy for her opinion and Amy gave honest suggestions. Two bridesmaids already had ideas about the styles they wanted and Amy created the looks. All of the bridesmaids’ hair stayed in place and looked just as good at the end of the night. LaToya played up each bridesmaid’s best qualities. She incorporate purple into two of the bridesmaid’s eyeshadows and the other two had natural looks. LaToya provided samples of each lipgloss so that we

Julie · Married on 06/29/2013

I looked long and hard for a hair/makeup vendor. I'm so glad that I found Amy Rojas! She came to my house for the hair trial and also on the day of the wedding. She did hair for my mom, my husbands mom, my three bridesmaids and me. She was professional, and did a great job on everyone's hair. She brought someone else, Leigh, to do our make-up, and we were all satisfied with that too! Amy's rates are pretty reasonable, and she was very easy to work with. Thanks Amy and Leigh!

Lysa · Married on 07/21/2012

Amy did a fabulous job as my make artist for my wedding. I loved how she was very open and provided great service. Highly recommend her!