Stylish Occasions Wedding & Event Planning Reviews

145 | Lancaster, PA

145 Reviews for Stylish Occasions Wedding & Event Planning

Kristin L. · Married on 11/10/2020

Wedding Coordinators are a must!

Oct 12, 2020. My daughters "covid style" wedding. We hired Ally Whiteside from Stylish Occasions as our coordinator and thank goodness we did. No matter how much you think you can plan a wedding yourself - do not attempt it! I'm so used to coordinating large fundraisers but when it comes to your daughters wedding trust in an event planner. Ally was with us every step of the way. With the challenges of weather (our event was outside) covid protocols and a large venue Ally covered all the areas. She even brought her husband to help out. He was so helpful with all the packing up at the end of the night and all the tear down of floral arrangements mounted high up on chandeliers and doorways. They were both cordial with our guests, attentive to the bride and groom and cognizant of everything that is going on around them. Ally prepares a timeline and really strived to adhere to it by keeping the party flowing while still staying flexible for anything that got thrown her way. Even though I have one daughter I would never hesitate to use her again if I had to plan another wedding.

Sent on 10/19/2020
  • Valerie

Valerie K. · Married on 10/09/2020

The perfect plan C wedding

No one would have ever planned for a pandemic to hit 3 weeks prior to our 4/4/20 wedding. When it did, I am beyond grateful I had Melissa! With so many unknowns, Melissa made all the calls, re booked a new date for July and we were good... until we all realized, this in fact would last longer then a few weeks. So again in June, Melissa made all the calls got the entire crew set for October. I can't say enough good things about Melissa. She's calm, kind, and organized. I got so used to saying "I don't know, ask Melissa" the weeks leading up to my wedding that when the wedding was over, I realized I was back to handling my life without Melissa.. and it was hard haha. Thank you Melissa, I could not have pulled this off without you.

Sent on 10/28/2020
  • Stefanie

Stefanie M. · Married on 10/04/2020

Highly Recommend!!

We hired Katie from Stylish Occasions for our wedding and she was AMAZING!! She took care of keeping in contact with all of my vendors, creating the day of timeline, doing the rehearsal, and decorating on the wedding day and helping with the tear down. She even brought us a plate of hors d'oeuvres while we were taking pictures so we weren't starving! I was not stressed or worried at all on my wedding day because I knew everything was handled. If you're on the fence about having a wedding coordinator, I'm here to tell you that it is SO worth it. Katie is a rockstar and I would highly recommend her and Stylish Occasions to any bride-to-be!

Sent on 10/24/2020
  • Madison

Madison M. · Married on 10/03/2020

Ally is the BEST

We had Ally as our day of coordinator and OH. MY. GOD. She is a wedding SUPERSTAR. She and Tucker are like supportive friends with a solution to every problem. She made my wedding day easy and stress free, and helped get everything we needed done fast!!! Ready to renew my vows and call her up all over again!

Sent on 10/14/2020

Taylor T. · Married on 09/12/2020

Would 100% recommend

Ally was an AMAZING coordinator for my wedding! Planning a wedding during a pandemic is not easy, but she always stepped in when things went downhill. I didn’t feel an ounce of stress leading up to my wedding or the day of! Even my friends and family had nothing but great things to say about Ally

Sent on 09/25/2020

Lauren B. · Married on 07/13/2020

Stylish Occasions

Melissa did an amazing job helping us plan and reschedule our wedding due to Covid. She was super helpful!!

Sent on 09/28/2020
  • Johanna

Anthony J. · Married on 12/14/2019

Saved Our Wedding!

Ally Whiteside with Stylish O was absolutely phenomenal! We started working with her about 6 weeks prior to our wedding and she literally swooped in like a knight in shining armor and took the reigns to ensure every detail was taken care of. Ally was kind, patient, detail oriented and beyond organized. She was in constant contact with me and I felt so confident and comfortable with her being in charge on our big day. I cannot sing her praises enough!

Sent on 06/17/2020
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 11/09/2019

Professional, Organized and an Absolute Pleasure to Work With!

Melissa and her team were amazing to work with! I had tons of questions leading up to the wedding being from out of town. Melissa helped with recommendations for transportation, rehearsal dinner options, officiant, etc. We used many of her recommendations, and everything turned out wonderfully!

Her team ensured our decorations were setup properly on the big day, all of our vendors were in order, and my husband and I got to sit back and enjoy in the moment without any stresses on our wedding day. She also took the time to help place my veil on and keep my bustle in tact throughout the entire reception. A++!

Sent on 11/22/2019
  • Patricia

Patricia M. · Married on 10/26/2019

Melissa is the best

Melissa was the best planner I could have hoped for. She took the stress out of planning, and made our whole wedding day flow so smoothly I never had to worry about a thing. Not only was she an absolute pleasure to work, she connected us with the best vendors for our wedding that we never would have found if it weren’t for her. We can’t thank Melissa and Stylish Occasions enough!

Sent on 09/22/2020

Karly K. · Married on 09/27/2019

They made sure things went smoothly and just as we planned

We appreciate everything Melissa did for us. She made our day stress free and just as we hoped.

Stylish Occasions Wedding & Event Planning's reply:

Thanks Karly! It was a pleasure working with you and Jeb! It was such a great day and we wish you both a lifetime of happiness!
  • Susan

Susan · Married on 09/22/2019

Excellent!

Katie and Melissa were very helpful in putting together our special day. Katie kept everything on schedule and made us feel very comfortable while doing so. They definitely have my recommendation!

Sent on 09/26/2019

Stylish Occasions Wedding & Event Planning's reply:

Thank you Susan! Katie loved working with you and said it was such a great day! Hope you and Ronnie are enjoying married life!
  • Sabrina

Sabrina H. · Married on 09/21/2019

Best Money We Spent!!

Melissa was 100% the best money we spent on our wedding day. I am SO glad that we hired her!! I didn’t have to worry about a single thing the whole entire day. Melissa took care of set up, clean up and making sure our day ran smoothly. If there were any problems throughout the day, I am not aware of any of them!! Melissa & Hannah made my husband and I feel so comfortable and carefree the day of our wedding!! They confirmed all of our vendors and created a timeline for us! Thank you thank you thank you Melissa for everything!!! If you’re on the fence, take this as your sign to DO IT!! Melissa and her team at Stylish Occasions get the job done!!

Stylish Occasions Wedding & Event Planning's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind review Sabrina and Joe! We loved working with you on your wedding and the day turned out beautifully!
  • Megan

Megan · Married on 09/21/2019

Life Saver!

I don’t know where to begin but my experience with Ally from Stylish Occasions was life saving & amazing. If it weren’t for Ally my wedding probably wouldn’t have even ever taken place and we would have just ended up at the JP. She was so patient & professional with all our changes & request. I gave Ally very little to go off of what I wanted but she knocked it out of the water. I told her we wanted a small romantic boho wedding and she saw to every detail and then some. Ally thought of things my mother and I would have never even known, and she coordinated everything for us so that we could actually enjoy our day. She felt part of our family by the end of our wedding and none of it would have been possible with her! Ally is very detail oriented, professional, and creative. I would recommend Stylish Occasions and Ally to any bride no matter what the size of their wedding is. Thank you Ally for getting my down the isle and making my wedding dreams come true!

Sent on 12/04/2019
  • Natalie

Natalie · Married on 08/17/2019

the best event planner

Melissa is the BEST! She planned our outdoor wedding in 3 months and it was perfect. She is really organized and prepared for everything. I had nothing to worry about and was able to enjoy the reception. Several of out guests commented that it was the best wedding they've been to. You can not go wrong hiring Melissa and her team.

Sent on 08/27/2019

Stylish Occasions Wedding & Event Planning's reply:

Thank you Natalie and Greg! It was such a pleasure working with you to plan your wedding! It turned out so nice and all of your guests seemed to have such a good time!
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 06/22/2019

100% the best

Basically, Melissa is the best. I first got in contact with her 2 years before my wedding in a panic since I was planning from out of town and got overwhelmed and she easily calmed me down and assured me everything would be great- she was 100% right. She was there every step of the way during planning with budget help, suggesting vendors, keeping vendors & payment dates on track, and answering all of my questions, all the way down to my incredibly silly ones. The day of she and her two assistants were absolute stars. She kept us all running smoothly during the rehearsal & processional, and her assistants were there to help with anything I needed or had forgotten, and if anything went wrong I had absolutely no idea. She is seriously the most wonderful, and I'm so so glad I hired her to help me with my day!

Sent on 07/03/2019

Stylish Occasions Wedding & Event Planning's reply:

Thank you Sarah! It was such a pleasure working with you and Andrew for TWO YEARS! So happy it turned out to be such a beautiful day!

Alyssa · Married on 06/07/2019

Excellent Wedding Coordinator

Stylish Occasions by far exceeded our expectations as our day of coordinator! Melissa was so easy to work with and willing to answer my endless questions all the way up to the day of our wedding. She had top notch recommendations for vendors and my questions were answered with genuine responses that went above and beyond. She thought of details that I never would have and made the wedding planning process so much less stressful! She truly made my wedding day so carefree by setting up all decorations, coordinating all vendors, directing bridal party and guests in right direction and keeping the celebration moving so smoothly. I truly cannot praise Melissa enough for how special she made our wedding day!

Sent on 09/04/2019
  • kim

Kim · Married on 05/25/2019

Wedding Planners Save the Day!!

I was a single Mom of a 3 year old with a new career as a 7th grade teacher AND trying to plan a wedding in another state. I needed help. I called up Stylish Occassions and right away felt relief with Melissa's calm demeanor and assuredness that all of the above would would be accomplished. Phew! Relief ensued.

Here is the thank you email I recently sent to Melissa, owner of Stylish Occassions...
    "Ladies, we cannot thank you enough for ALL the countless hours of hard work you put in to make our day seamless. A year of working together to make this happen and now... it feels complete. We have been told many times this weekend that we set the standard for a perfect, beautiful wedding and you both were a huge part in making that happen. I personally may feel a little lost without you both for a while. I may just check in without requests, just “hello’s.” 😊😊.

As you can see, both Melissa and Ally (who we were teamed up with for the actual day and was my "right-hand woman") exceeded our expectations. We're still hearing that it was the BEST wedding that they had ever been to and absolutely everything was so well planned and thought out. From the huge list of vendors, to contracts, to a baptism thrown into the rehearsal the night before the wedding, the church, the reception, even to the babysitter and hair frizz advice. They know it all and have a way of organizing it so that you don't feel overwhelmed.

These ladies know what they are doing . I genuinely miss them already :).

Sent on 07/08/2019

Kaitlyn · Married on 05/25/2019

Excellent!

We worked with Melissa as our day of coordinator for our wedding at the Farm at Eagles Ridge. Melissa was much more than just a day of coordinator. She helped us through the whole planning process whenever we had questions, helped to keep us organized, helped with emails to other vendors, and made sure everything was organized with the rehearsal/wedding well before the actual day. The day of ran so smoothly and I did not have to worry about a single thing on our wedding day(every brides dream). We definitely recommend Melissa if you are looking for a coordinator - she is the definition of organized!

Sent on 08/29/2019
  • Hi Po

Hi Po · Married on 05/19/2019

Best in the Business!

I wouldn’t have picked anyone other than Stylish Occasions to assist me with my wedding. Being an Event Planner myself, I knew I wouldn’t be able to relax without having someone to take care of everything while I was busy relaxing and enjoying my day. I had the privilege of working for Melissa for two years before I opened up my own company, so I wouldn’t have had anyone else be apart of my special day. She is one of the greatest people in the world and so good at her job. I could easily relax and trust that everything was going to be taken care of exactly how I wanted it to be because her attention to detail and management is so precise. If you ever question whether or not you need a planner the answer is YES! No hesitation! Hire Melissa at Stylish Occations. She is extremely competent and thorough, yet kind and down to earth. You feel like you are instantly friends with her the second you meet her. She keeps everything organized, goes above and beyond, knows the best vendors, will save your family and friends the trouble of having to run around trying to set up your whole wedding, has solutions to so many problems and will make your day a total success. Run don’t walk to book her, you won’t regret it!

• Jamie

Jamie · Married on 01/26/2019

Attentive and detailed

Melissa was an amazing person to work with. She was very detailed in all matters, made suggestions based on her experience and did research for anything that was slightly linked to the wedding. Being a military couple with a recent move, her assistance was invaluable. She even ensured we planned for a lunch meal for the day of the wedding (a lot happening at once) and even found an incredible barber where my husband and sons made wonderful memories and had many laughs just getting ready for the wedding. I highly recommend her service; it will make the wedding easier to plan and relieve the added stress that comes along in the planning process.

Sent on 03/13/2019

Stylish Occasions Wedding & Event Planning's reply:

Thank you so much Jamie and Michael! It was so great working with you both to plan your wedding. It was such a fun day and your guests obviously loved everything! It was a great group!

Arielle C. · Married on 10/27/2018

Best Money Spent!

Hiring Stylish Occasions and working with Melissa was the best decision we made during the wedding planning process. Our situation was maybe somewhat unique, meeting with Melissa only once, working with her entirely through email, and not having her the day of the wedding. Sure, she was responsive, patient, and understanding of the expected and unanticipated stresses that come along with the process, but what we really valued was her being our eyes and our ears for over a year- delivering a variety of options for venues, bands, tables and other miscellaneous wants, combing over contracts and interacting with the vendors behind the scenes and only alerting us if there was a problem or if the task was completed, and working jointly with the on-site coordinator. Her attentiveness and planning made our day run seamlessly - despite her not being there in person to coordinate. My advice would be to lose some of the expensive "extras" that nobody notices and hire Melissa at Stylish Occasions 😊

Sent on 11/05/2018

Stylish Occasions Wedding & Event Planning's reply:

Thank you so much Arielle!! It was such a pleasure working with you and Justin to plan your wedding! I can't wait to see pictures from the wedding day to see how everything turned out...from the custom hung lighting to the farmhouse tables and of course the two of you!!

Sheila L. · Married on 10/25/2018

Emily married 10/13/2018

My daughter's wedding was at the Historic Acres of Hershey and found out somewhat late in the planning process we needed a day of event coordinator. We contacted Melissa and were very happy with how responsive and organized she was. We sincerely thank you for all your help from beginning to the end of the wedding reception. You are wonderful at your job, and on a day like a wedding, it really is so appreciated. We also appreciated all the decorating you did...the venue looked gorgeous! I know there were a few glitches with the ceremony placement issue (because of the unexpected weather earlier in the day) and the characters coming early, but you helped us work through that and everything worked out beautifully. We highly recommend Stylish Occasions!

Sent on 10/25/2018

Gabrielle · Married on 09/14/2018

Ally Whiteside is amazing!!! She's extremely well organized and made everything so easy. She made sure all vendors were on time and any issues that occured with other vendors were immediately handled by her. I didn't even realize when there was an issue. She helped us set up and decorate our venue to make it absolutely perfect! Ally is so sweet and so amazing at her job! We absolutely loved working with her!

Sent on 09/20/2018

Karen · Married on 09/14/2018

Hiring Melissa and her team was by far the best investment we made for our daughter's wedding! She is extremely responsive to messages, kind and caring and was so very calm when we had a few issues to contend with. I would HIGHLY recommend her to anyone who is planning a wedding....you will definitely be pleased! I can't thank her enough for making Bri and Zack's wedding day a day to remember! From the very onset, she made us feel at ease and lessened so many of our worries when we had them and was such an asset throughout the whole process. Thanks, Melissa for doing such a spectacular job for Bri, Zack and our families! It truly was an honor to work with you!!

Sent on 09/25/2018

Stylish Occasions Wedding & Event Planning's reply:

It was such a pleasure to work with all of you! It turned out to be a beautiful day!

Cindy · Married on 09/08/2018

Working with Melissa was the best! For over two years we planned my daughters' wedding in a complicated and remote private venue. Melissa worked out all the logistical nightmares and made the event a party everyone is still talking about.

Sent on 09/25/2018

Stylish Occasions Wedding & Event Planning's reply:

It was such a pleasure working with you on Sarah and Peter's wedding!