Stylish Occasions Wedding & Event Planning Reviews

Stylish Occasions Wedding & Event Planning 7
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 06/22/2019

100% the best

Basically, Melissa is the best. I first got in contact with her 2 years before my wedding in a panic since I was planning from out of town and got overwhelmed and she easily calmed me down and assured me everything would be great- she was 100% right. She was there every step of the way during planning with budget help, suggesting vendors, keeping vendors & payment dates on track, and answering all of my questions, all the way down to my incredibly silly ones. The day of she and her two assistants were absolute stars. She kept us all running smoothly during the rehearsal & processional, and her assistants were there to help with anything I needed or had forgotten, and if anything went wrong I had absolutely no idea. She is seriously the most wonderful, and I'm so so glad I hired her to help me with my day!

Sent on 07/03/2019

kim · Married on 05/25/2019

Wedding Planners Save the Day!!

I was a single Mom of a 3 year old with a new career as a 7th grade teacher AND trying to plan a wedding in another state. I needed help. I called up Stylish Occassions and right away felt relief with Melissa's calm demeanor and assuredness that all of the above would would be accomplished. Phew! Relief ensued.

Here is the thank you email I recently sent to Melissa, owner of Stylish Occassions...
    "Ladies, we cannot thank you enough for ALL the countless hours of hard work you put in to make our day seamless. A year of working together to make this happen and now... it feels complete. We have been told many times this weekend that we set the standard for a perfect, beautiful wedding and you both were a huge part in making that happen. I personally may feel a little lost without you both for a while. I may just check in without requests, just “hello’s.” 😊😊.

As you can see, both Melissa and Ally (who we were teamed up with for the actual day and was my "right-hand woman") exceeded our expectations. We're still hearing that it was the BEST wedding that they had ever been to and absolutely everything was so well planned and thought out. From the huge list of vendors, to contracts, to a baptism thrown into the rehearsal the night before the wedding, the church, the reception, even to the babysitter and hair frizz advice. They know it all and have a way of organizing it so that you don't feel overwhelmed.

These ladies know what they are doing . I genuinely miss them already :).

Sent on 07/08/2019
  • Jamie

Jamie · Married on 01/26/2019

Attentive and detailed

Melissa was an amazing person to work with. She was very detailed in all matters, made suggestions based on her experience and did research for anything that was slightly linked to the wedding. Being a military couple with a recent move, her assistance was invaluable. She even ensured we planned for a lunch meal for the day of the wedding (a lot happening at once) and even found an incredible barber where my husband and sons made wonderful memories and had many laughs just getting ready for the wedding. I highly recommend her service; it will make the wedding easier to plan and relieve the added stress that comes along in the planning process.

Sent on 03/13/2019
    Stylish Occasions Wedding & Event Planning 8
    Stylish Occasions Wedding & Event Planning 9
    Stylish Occasions Wedding & Event Planning 10

Stylish Occasions Wedding & Event Planning's reply:

Thank you so much Jamie and Michael! It was so great working with you both to plan your wedding. It was such a fun day and your guests obviously loved everything! It was a great group!

Arielle Chortanoff · Married on 10/27/2018

Best Money Spent!

Hiring Stylish Occasions and working with Melissa was the best decision we made during the wedding planning process. Our situation was maybe somewhat unique, meeting with Melissa only once, working with her entirely through email, and not having her the day of the wedding. Sure, she was responsive, patient, and understanding of the expected and unanticipated stresses that come along with the process, but what we really valued was her being our eyes and our ears for over a year- delivering a variety of options for venues, bands, tables and other miscellaneous wants, combing over contracts and interacting with the vendors behind the scenes and only alerting us if there was a problem or if the task was completed, and working jointly with the on-site coordinator. Her attentiveness and planning made our day run seamlessly - despite her not being there in person to coordinate. My advice would be to lose some of the expensive "extras" that nobody notices and hire Melissa at Stylish Occasions 😊

Sent on 11/05/2018

Stylish Occasions Wedding & Event Planning's reply:

Thank you so much Arielle!! It was such a pleasure working with you and Justin to plan your wedding! I can't wait to see pictures from the wedding day to see how everything turned out...from the custom hung lighting to the farmhouse tables and of course the two of you!!

Sheila Lapham · Married on 10/25/2018

Emily married 10/13/2018

My daughter's wedding was at the Historic Acres of Hershey and found out somewhat late in the planning process we needed a day of event coordinator. We contacted Melissa and were very happy with how responsive and organized she was. We sincerely thank you for all your help from beginning to the end of the wedding reception. You are wonderful at your job, and on a day like a wedding, it really is so appreciated. We also appreciated all the decorating you did...the venue looked gorgeous! I know there were a few glitches with the ceremony placement issue (because of the unexpected weather earlier in the day) and the characters coming early, but you helped us work through that and everything worked out beautifully. We highly recommend Stylish Occasions!

Sent on 10/25/2018

Gabrielle · Married on 09/14/2018

Ally Whiteside is amazing!!! She's extremely well organized and made everything so easy. She made sure all vendors were on time and any issues that occured with other vendors were immediately handled by her. I didn't even realize when there was an issue. She helped us set up and decorate our venue to make it absolutely perfect! Ally is so sweet and so amazing at her job! We absolutely loved working with her!

Sent on 09/20/2018

KAREN · Married on 09/14/2018

Hiring Melissa and her team was by far the best investment we made for our daughter's wedding! She is extremely responsive to messages, kind and caring and was so very calm when we had a few issues to contend with. I would HIGHLY recommend her to anyone who is planning a wedding....you will definitely be pleased! I can't thank her enough for making Bri and Zack's wedding day a day to remember! From the very onset, she made us feel at ease and lessened so many of our worries when we had them and was such an asset throughout the whole process. Thanks, Melissa for doing such a spectacular job for Bri, Zack and our families! It truly was an honor to work with you!!

Sent on 09/25/2018

Stylish Occasions Wedding & Event Planning's reply:

It was such a pleasure to work with all of you! It turned out to be a beautiful day!

Cindy · Married on 09/08/2018

Working with Melissa was the best! For over two years we planned my daughters' wedding in a complicated and remote private venue. Melissa worked out all the logistical nightmares and made the event a party everyone is still talking about.

Sent on 09/25/2018

Stylish Occasions Wedding & Event Planning's reply:

It was such a pleasure working with you on Sarah and Peter's wedding!

Christina · Married on 09/02/2018

Melissa was so helpful throughout the process even though we only hired her for day of, offering advice and vendor recommendations. Our wedding day would not have gone as smoothly as it did without her. She truly brought our barely-there ideas to life!

Sent on 09/06/2018

Stylish Occasions Wedding & Event Planning's reply:

Thank you so much Christina and Jeff! It was so great to work with you and your wedding was so unique and personal...and fun!
  • Kalyn

Kalyn · Married on 08/25/2018

I could write a novel on how wonderful working with Melissa has been, but I'll try to keep it short. From the beginning (about 15 months before our wedding), Melissa was helpful, super responsive, had great suggestions and gave advice on any topic we asked her about. I remember after the first month of working with her (and her great lists and questions for us to ask when visiting venues) my fiance and I said to each other that we already felt like we got our money's worth. Knowing she was always an e-mail away and just always "on it," made our wedding planning so stress-free. We didn't think we could love her any more, but where Melissa (and her assistant Hannah) truly shine is the day-of coordination she provided. Coordination doesn't even begin to describe it. She is somehow everywhere at all times and yet not at all "in the way." She helped my mom be able to relax and my mother-in-law decided she already wants to hire her for my sister-in-law's future wedding (she's not even engaged yet!). During the day, my mom asked Melissa "Can you be my life-coordinator?" She's just that good. She's sweet, kind and very patient. Spend the money on Stylish Occasions and you will be forever glad you did.

Sent on 08/30/2018

Stylish Occasions Wedding & Event Planning's reply:

Thank you so much Kalyn and Phil! It was such a pleasure working with you to plan your wedding! And tell your mom...sure, we'll be her life coordinator lol!

Alysia · Married on 05/27/2018

Stylish occasions was the best. I had Ally as my coordinator and I can honestly say I was sad when the wedding was over to not be able to email her all the time anymore! She was so responsive and friendly and everything just went so perfectly and smoothly. The wedding was on time, and I had minimal stress thanks to Ally. I can’t recommend them highly enough!

Sent on 06/28/2018

MariJo · Married on 03/24/2018

Hiring Stylish Occasions was the best decision I made while planning my wedding! Melissa and her assistant, Hannah, were amazing! From answering all of my questions, offering advice, communicating with all of the vendors, and the million other things they did; they took so much pressure off me. Because of them we were able to sit back, relax, and 100% enjoy our perfect day. I cannot say enough wonderful things about them.
    There were so many things my fiancé and I didn't know or couldn't agree on. We would always end on, "Let's ask Melissa." It was such a relief (and probably a marriage saver) knowing she would have the answer.
    We, brides, only do this once, they do this every day. Do yourself a favor and hire them, I promise you, it will be the best thing you do for yourself (and your sanity :P).

Sent on 05/20/2018

Stylish Occasions Wedding & Event Planning's reply:

Thanks MariJo!!! We loved working with you and Brian!

Alison · Married on 12/16/2017

Let me first say get yourself the best wedding gift and hire Melissa as your day of coordinator! This was the best wedding decision I ever made! I loved planning my wedding and I am a super organized person, but all I wanted for that day was not to worry about ANYTHING! With Melissa and her team you get just that! They took my vision and made it real, she reached out to me numerous times throughout the year just to check in, and best of all she gave me the most flawless day I will ever remember. And just an extra shout out, a family member of mine had a medical issue during my cocktail hour, my family loves Melissa for her quick action and keeping everyone calm.... I didn't even know anything happened until the next day! She is AMAZING! Do yourself the favor and hire Stylish Occasions!!

Sent on 01/10/2018

Linda · Married on 11/11/2017

We hired Melissa Martin as a ‘day of’ planner for our daughter’s wedding.
    The following day a friend asked me if I had a good time at the wedding and I realized that I had a wonderful time. I was totally a GUEST at our wedding and it's all thanks to Melissa. She took care of everything, so beautifully, inconspicuously managing all aspects of the behind the scenes. I can’t thank her enough for all her help and involvement.
    The whole day was magical and she was a big part of its success.
    We truly appreciate her pleasant, efficient and flexible assistance in every facet of our planning.

Sent on 11/13/2017

Stylish Occasions Wedding & Event Planning's reply:

Thank you Linda! It was a pleasure working with all of you!
  • Angel

Angel · Married on 10/14/2017

Our Renaissance Wedding Came True!

Melissa and her team at Stylish Occasions are true professionals! I felt so blessed in finding her on the web. My husband and I were living in Florida, but wanted a true Renaissance Wedding at the PA Renaissance Festival. Having Melissa was an absolute must in planning our wedding out of state. She got us in touch with all the right vendors and on the day of our wedding, her team ensured that we had a very magical day! I don't know what we would've done without them! Thank you so much for making our wedding day so special and memorable!

Sent on 07/12/2019
    Stylish Occasions Wedding & Event Planning 11
    Stylish Occasions Wedding & Event Planning 12
    Stylish Occasions Wedding & Event Planning 13
    Stylish Occasions Wedding & Event Planning 14
    Stylish Occasions Wedding & Event Planning 15
    Stylish Occasions Wedding & Event Planning 16

Alexandria · Married on 10/06/2017

Melissa Martin is my lifesaver. Do yourself a favor, brides! There are no words to truly describe how much she helped me execute my dream day. She went above and beyond to make sure I was 100% happy with every element of the day down to the very last detail.

My venue required a day of coordinator, and she was truly more than that. Melissa was sort of like my fairy godmother (that I so desperately needed). I am an incredibly anxious person on any given day, and her planning and organization kept my mind at constant ease. I planned my wedding all alone, and she swooped in and saved the day! She was always in contact regarding deadlines and kept track of each and every vendor so I did not have to stress. I had to fire my makeup artist a month before my wedding, and she went above and beyond to find a trusted source.

Melissa is incredibly responsive, professional, accommodating, and willing to offer advice or a helping hand at any given moment of your wedding planning. I was able to relax the morning of my wedding because she handled EVERYTHING. Every last detail. I didn't have to lift a finger. My family even commented on my level of calm (as I am NOT a calm person), and it is truly all thanks to Melissa and her talented team. She is incredibly passionate about her brides, and you can absolutely tell in the flawlessness (and sincerity) of her work.

She is an absolute expert at her job, and I cannot thank her enough for creating my perfect day. I am forever thankful to have you as a part of my wedding, Melissa!

Sent on 04/18/2018

Stylish Occasions Wedding & Event Planning's reply:

Thank you so much Alex!! It was so great working with you!

Glenn · Married on 09/09/2017

We hired Melissa and her team to plan our wedding for fall 2017. She did an excellent job of recommending vendors, helping us choosing vendors, negotiating contracts, making a budget, creating a planning timeline and wedding day plan. She has a great relationship with vendors. They all seem to enjoy working with her. She is great at negotiating contracts - even got us free table rental at our venue when it was supposed to be extra. Many vendors give her a discount when you book through her. She is prompt and professional, always getting back to us quickly. Unfortunately our wedding has been cancelled. We feel very fortunate that we hired Melissa because she took care of contacting all the vendors and got us out of all our future payments. She said this was the first wedding that she ever had cancelled, but she handled it like a pro. We would highly recommend her services and definitely would hire her again. Thanks Melissa - you were great to work with!

Sent on 06/12/2017

Stylish Occasions Wedding & Event Planning's reply:

It was great working with you and happy we could help as much as we did!

Tessie · Married on 09/09/2017

Stylish Occasions was a life saver for me. When my husband needed to have unexpected surgery a week before the wedding, right when fall classes resumed, and the same week that we were supposed to move all of our furniture into our new house, I knew I wouldn't be able to do everything for the wedding myself. I AM SO HAPPY I HIRED ALLY. Probably the best decision of my life. Even one of my bridesmaids said "Your day of coordinator is bomb. She's so organized and on top of everything". Biggest relief ever. Ally was amazing - as soon as I booked her she sent me detailed questionnaires and thought of things that I never had. We emailed back and forth and she was so organized and I trusted her 100%. Day of, she did EVERYTHING. I don't know how one person can do so much, but she did it. She decorated, placed items where I wanted them, made things look beautiful, organized people, dismissed tables, discussed with vendors, did anything I asked of her, and checked in on Chris and I throughout the night. This is only an example of a few of the many things she did to save the day. I can't express my appreciation enough to Ally and Stylish Occasions for coming to my rescue with such short notice. You guys are AWESOME. I would recommend Ally to ANY couple, whether you're faced with unexpected surgeries a week before your wedding or not. Don't stress over your wedding - enjoy every minute because it flies by.

Sent on 09/18/2017

Stylish Occasions Wedding & Event Planning's reply:

Thank you so much Tessie! Ally loved working with you and said your day was beautiful!

Erin · Married on 08/19/2017

Going into wedding planning I had no idea what I wanted and Melissa was truly the best resource I could have ever asked for. She suggested a venue that was not something I would have initially given a thought to and it ended up being my dream venue. And then helped me select the perfect vendors to match my vision. I fully trusted Melissa's opinion and feel that she really understood what I was going for, her suggestions were always spot on. Melissa's greatest asset is her calm demeanor - never once did I get any sense of stress coming from her, which is exactly what I needed. I cannot recommend Melissa and her team enough. I have literally told people "Melissa is the best purchase I've ever made with the exception of my dog." She truly goes above and beyond and is WONDERFUL to work with. Thank you so much for everything, Melissa!

Sent on 07/19/2017

Stylish Occasions Wedding & Event Planning's reply:

Thanks Erin!! It was great working with you!

Amanda · Married on 08/04/2017

After booking my venue, I was in need of a day-of-coordinator to help me the day of the wedding. From the minute I contacted Stylish Occasions, Melissa was extremely helpful and responsive to my questions. Melissa immediately referred me to Katie who ended up being my day-of-coordinator. Throughout the wedding process, Katie was extremely insightful and offered many suggestions to ease my worries. The day of the wedding was absolutely flawless and could not have been so unbelievably smooth without Katie by my side. On a side note, I completely forgot to purchase my sparklers for my send-off, but Katie immediately took action and ran to the store! What could have been a stressful moment was immediately solved. I can not say enough good things about Katie, as well as Melissa checked in from time to time! Thank you for making the wedding of my dreams become such a success and a day I will never forget.

Sent on 08/30/2017

Stylish Occasions Wedding & Event Planning's reply:

Thank you so much Amanda! Katie loved working with you and said it was a beautiful day!

Rachael · Married on 08/04/2017

Melissa is quite literally priceless. She was the first vendor I hired- within a day of getting engaged- because I knew I NEEDED (not wanted) her to be the one coordinating my wedding. Research, word-of-mouth, and reviews all proved to be more than true. Melissa communicates at lightning speed, is incredibly professional, and a wonderful help to finding the best vendors to make your day complete- and this was all BEFORE the wedding. In the days leading up to and on the actual day, she is the organization, point-of-contact, and level head for you when you can't be. I'm so thankful I had Melissa to take care of things (some I didn't even know about!) so that I could be completely emotionally invested in my day without having to focus on logistics. I also know my mom and bridesmaids were thankful to have only one job that day, too- to celebrate! Melissa's experience, organization, and logical thinking makes her the obvious choice and I could not recommend her enough!!

Sent on 09/01/2017

Stylish Occasions Wedding & Event Planning's reply:

Thanks Rachael! You and Matt were a dream to work with! And your dress...one of my favorites!!

Jessica · Married on 07/29/2017

We planned our wedding in Pennsylvania while living in California, both working full time, raising our 12 year old daughter and having a baby boy. We knew we needed a great planner and all of his/her services to ever make it to the beautiful wedding day we always dreamed of! We chose Melissa at Stylish Occasions to help with all aspects of our planning, from venue to flowers, food, decor, and day of coordination. It was hands down the BEST decision we made. She offered an excellent variety of packages for us to choose from, took time to learn our style, provided us an amazing planning timeline and budget to keep us organized, and recommended every single amazing vendor we worked with (she has so many connections!). She coordinated all of our calls, meetings and contracts, answered all of our questions and advised us on every decision. Every little detail was handled perfectly. She was tough when she needed to be, paid attention to fine details of contracts, helped pick things up for us, visited locations for us when we couldn't be there, and answered my calls and emails quickly, really keeping my stress level low. Then there was the day of! Melissa and Beatrice were amazing! My family and wedding party are still raving about how wonderful they were and wondering if they can hire Melissa for events in California! My husband and I have told everyone that Melissa and the team at Stylish Occasions went above and beyond for us, and are absolutely the best money we spent and such a value for the priceless services. Melissa is world class! We can't thank her enough for her expertise, patience, kindness and support.

Thank you Thank you Thank you Melissa!

Sent on 08/31/2017

Stylish Occasions Wedding & Event Planning's reply:

Thank you so much for the glowing review! We loved working with you and would be more than happy to come to California to plan events!! :-)

Colleen · Married on 07/21/2017

Melissa was crucial in helping to make our wedding day even more special than we could've imagined. She thought of all of the little details that helped make the day run smoothly and also kept everything calm and organized. We could not say anything but positive things working with her. We would highly recommend Melissa and Stylish Occasions to help with your big day and all of the planning that comes before it without a doubt!

Sent on 08/29/2017

Stylish Occasions Wedding & Event Planning's reply:

Thank you Colleen and Jennifer! You and your families were a pleasure to work with!

Bianca · Married on 06/10/2017

Melissa was recommended by our venue, Farm at Eagles Ridge. She was extremely responsive (which is an understatement). Another perk was that she cc'd my Husband on everything which was great because he was very involved and other vendors would just include one of us. Melissa really went above and beyond with reviewing contracts, answering any questions we had, suggested vendors outside of our venue recommendations, and more. We probably wouldn't have gotten a videographer if she had not recommended an affordable option for us. She setup everything the day of the wedding which alleviated a lot of stress for us. We felt comfortable knowing she would coordinate with other vendors and she could follow up with other vendors that were not as responsive. She also made sure I got the group photo I wanted when I was on the fence since I didn't know how difficult/easy it would be. Overall, she was some of the best money we spent on the wedding.

Sent on 07/16/2017

Stylish Occasions Wedding & Event Planning's reply:

Thank you so much Bianca (and Dave)! It was so good to work with you and the day turned out fantastic! The pictures I've seen so far are gorgeous, just like the two of you! Congrats again!

Laura · Married on 05/20/2017

I'm so eternally grateful to the ladies at Stylish Occasions, especially Casey R and her assistant Gillian! Through out the entire process of planning from Texas—and even though they were just my Day-Of coordinators—they were more than happy to help with any questions and recommendations. Casey and Melissa were always just a text or email away and they treated us as if we were the only wedding they were helping with, which I know not to be true (they helped with 3 the day of my wedding!!). These ladies are truly rockstars. Through all of the hiccups and rescheduling of events on the day of, Casey and Gillian were calm, cool, and acted fast, lending a hand and an ear whenever needed. My wedding day wouldn't have been so perfect without them.

Sent on 06/01/2017

Stylish Occasions Wedding & Event Planning's reply:

Thank you Laura! Casey (and Gillian) loved working with you to make your day special!