26 Reviews for Styles by Marcella

Licensed (1)
Haircuts (1)
Textured Styling (1)
26 Styles by Marcella Reviews

Where do I even start with Marcella? Right from the start when I met her, I was impressed. She is so professional and so talented. She did my hair and makeup for my bridal shower as well as my wedding. I felt absolutely beautiful every time. I continue to use her for hair cuts and anytime I will need my makeup done. I continue to feel like I gained a friend, not just a stylist. I would absolutely recommend her to anyone who is looking for hair and makeup. The day of the wedding she also brought another stylist with her who was just as fantastic as she was. My hair stayed the entire day and into the next day! Highly Recommend!!!

Profile Picture Danielle, 12/2/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Marcella is absolutely amazing!! She has such amazing talent and she is the nicest person ever! From the moment we connected, she was professional and soo attentive. For the trial she was on time, and worked with me to find the perfect look, for both hair and makeup. At the end of the trial, I booked with her immediately because I knew she was the one! I also used Marcella for my bridal shower makeup and hair, which was perfect! I received so many compliments on how flawless I looked. Preparing for the wedding, she reassured me that her crew could handle getting 9 of us ready before 7:30AM on the wedding morning. She checked in on me often during the year and as we got closer she sent me schedules for the wedding morning. She relieved all my stress and worries. The wedding morning they all arrived on time, worked according to schedule, we never felt rushed and we had an absolutely amazing morning getting ready. Everyone was happy with their hair and makeup, and everyone looked absolutely perfect. Every time I look at wedding pictures, I cannot believe how beautiful I looked, and that is all thanks to Marcella! I definitely recommend her for Hair and Makeup! She is the best!!! You will not regret choosing her!

Profile Picture Amanda, 10/28/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Consultations, Hair, Makeup, Eye Makeup, Fake Lashes, Makeup Trial, Natural Makeup, Wedding Party Makeup, Blowouts, Hair Trial, Updos/Styling

Wow!!! Marcella is simply the best!! I have never felt more beautiful than on my wedding day thanks to Marcella. I found the search for a wedding MUA completely overwhelming, mostly because there are so many options in the NYC/LI area. I was so relieved to find Marcella especially since she came so highly recommended. Every step of the entire process was so easy; I heard back from Marcella right away after my initial email. At our trial I showed Marcella a few hair and make-up pics that I liked and she magically made me look exactly the way I wanted! Throughout the months leading up to the wedding Marcella was so incredibly professional and accommodating. and patient with me.With only a few weeks notice I told Marcella definitively that in addition to myself, I would need her to do the hair and makeup of my entire bridal party, which included 9 girls and my mom. Marcella took it in stride and reassured me that it wasn't a big deal as she has a great team that she works with for larger bridal parties. In a few days Marcella emailed me a schedule for all of the girls taking into account everyone's different requests. On the wedding day Marcella and her team arrived bright and early at my parents house. They set their stations up separately and went straight to work, all the while having the best time with my bridesmaids! I couldn't imagine a less stressful, more fun wedding, easier morning thanks to Marcella and her team. Over the next few hours one by one I watched each of my girls leave their chairs looking like the absolute best version of themselves. My mom and my bridesmaids loved how they looked as much I did. A few of them told me that they wished that they had used Marcella for their own weddings! Marcella stayed with me all day as I got married on the beach and was worried about the wind. She fixed my hair and makeup and made sure I looked amazing all night! My guests couldn't stop raving about how gorgeous I looked. Marcella is truly wonderful!!

Profile Picture Leigh Ann, 8/25/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Marcella simply is the best there is. She has done my hair and makeup for several occasions ranging from weddings, my daughter's baptism, family parties, etc. and she always does an amazing job. She is warm, friendly, personable, extremely punctual and cares just as much as I do about my final look. She is open to try any style/look and is even willing to change anything I might be unhappy with. Thankfully this has never been the case! Marcella is considerate of occasion, event time and location, weather, color of dress, and all that matters when helping me choose between airbrush or traditional makeup as well as hairstyle. I dread the day she is unavailable but I am sure it would be for no other reason than that she is overbooked as she is just that good!! I cannot say enough about what a wonderful human being and stylist she is and would recommend her to anyone looking to feel great and walk into any event with an air of confidence!

Profile Picture Amy, 8/12/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Natural Makeup, Blowouts, Hair, Makeup

Loveeeee Marcella!!!! She is so sweet, patient, friendly and really listens to her clients to make sure it's exactly what they want! I highly recommend her for any occasion! She even texts you the next day to check how everything. Love her! Thank you!!!!

Profile Picture Stefania, 7/15/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Blowouts, Hair Trial, On-Site Hair, Updos/Styling, Hair, Makeup, Airbrush Makeup, Eye Makeup, Makeup Trial, Wedding Party Makeup

Let me start off - she is amazing! I was married to the love of my life on April 1, 2017. Marcella was with me through every step of my whole 17 month engagement. Once we connected, she was always so attentive and checked in on me throughout my planning process. When she did my wedding hair trail, she listened to everything I wanted with my hair and make-up. She also did my hair and make up for my engagement shoot and bridal shower. I am so blessed that she has the patience to work with me and my family since we are a lot to handle. She is very kind and considerate! She works her hardest and when your hair and make up is complete I promise you will not be disappointed! I am so happy we connected, and I will definitely be using her for future functions that I have! She did the make up and hair for my whole bridal party with her assistant Maria! I highly recommend her! She is the best!

Profile Picture Alexa, 4/1/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

I was referred to Marcella by a friend and I could not have been more grateful. Wedding planning is very stressful but Marcella made the hair and make aspect so simple and stress free. I received so many compliments on my Wedding day and the airbrush make up lasted all night which was great!! I will absolutely reccomend Marcella to my friends and family.

Profile Picture Julia, 3/26/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Marcella was AMAZING!! She was very professional and sweet. She did a great job on my hair and makeup for my wedding and bridal shower. She arrived on time and made sure everything was perfect. She also did my mom, mother in law and bridesmaid's hair and makeup. I received so many compliments and the makeup lasted all day. I highly recommend her and will definitely use her again!!

Profile Picture Angelica, 2/18/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

She was amazing !!!! Very professional and sweet .
She did a great job on my hair and my moms hair for my wedding .
I will be calling her for any future events I have .

Profile Picture User7521120, 1+ year ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Marcella was absolutely amazing! She was so easy to work with and not only an amazing stylist but a genuine sweetheart. She made myself, bridesmaids my mom and my mother in law look and feel beautiful. Everything was perfect from start to finish of my wedding day, including everyone's hair. I highly recommend Marcella!!!

Profile Picture Amanda, 10/14/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

I have known Marcella for a few years now as I work for a hotel up the block from a hair salon she works at. She is not only amazingly talented, she is just about the nicest, sweetest, most soft spoken person you'll ever come across. She is easy to talk to & her beautiful personality shines through each time. When I got engaged I knew for sure I was going to use her for my makeup. She also did hair & makeup for my 2 sisters & hair for 2 bridesmaids, as well as hair for my mother in law & my husband's aunt from Italy. My sisters & mother who are very hard to please were thrilled immediately. During my trial I showed Marcella a photo of makeup I was interested in & she did it exactly. It looked beautiful & I paid for my wedding day on the spot. After a couple of days rethinking my makeup I thought it wasn't me & much more the girl in the photo. I knew I would be happier if I felt more like myself. When I told Marcella this, she could not have been more understanding & accommodating. We quickly coordinated a date for another trial. The outcome was even more beautiful & feeling more like myself was definitely a win! Moving forward coordinating the wedding day I asked if she thought she would need a 2nd person. She did not think it was necessary & though I trusted her I still had my concerns being my wedding day & wanted everything to go smoothly.. well this woman is more than just a talented makeup artist & stylist, she is also a talented business woman indeed!! Marcella's time management with 6 woman before me was simply outstanding! She was ready for me even before I was ready to sit with her. Being in the hospitality/wedding industry, I have stylists to choose from all over LI & NYC, as they knock on my door all the time for me to sell them.. this makes me a tough critic, like Marcella I pride myself on doing the best for my brides.. From here on, Styles by Marcella will be my first & only recommendation!

Profile Picture Corinne, 10/7/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

I just wanted to take the time to share how amazing Marcella was on the day of my engagement photo shoot. She did my hair and airbrush makeup. The pictures came out gorgeous and I can't wait for Marcella to style me for my wedding! Highly recommend!

Profile Picture User6460910, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Services Used: Airbrush Makeup, Fake Lashes, Hair, Makeup, Updos/Styling

Marcella was amazing!! She was able to accommodate me last minute and I absolutely loved my makeup!! She was so easy to work with and is a super talented makeup artist!! Highly recommend! :)

Profile Picture Lauren, 6/25/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Marcella was a dream to work with for my wedding. She was so sweet and professional and made me feel so comfortable. I LOVED the hair and makeup she did for me and she also worked on my mother and bridesmaids and everyone looked beautiful. Highly recommend Marcella!

Profile Picture Christine, 6/11/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Just used Marcella for my daughter's wedding. After providing a trial hair and make-up session for my daughter, Marcella did hair and make-up not only for my daughter but for 7 wedding party members and me. She was professional, accommodating and very eager to please everyone. Marcella was also very helpful and able to provide suggestions when it was tough to make the decisions. She was very attentive to details and knew to manage the time so we were ready for the photographer. Highly recommend Marcella!

Profile Picture User6805960, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Airbrush Makeup, Fake Lashes, Blowouts, Hair Extensions, Updos/Styling, Consultations, Hair, Makeup

I absolutely love Marcella!!!! She did my hair and make up for my bridal shower and my wedding. She is such a sweet friendly personable woman and her prices are very affordable. She made sure I was completely satisfied with every little detail.
Bridal shower-curls down with traditional makeup. My hair stayed the entire day and my make up was flawless!!
Wedding-she did a few trials on my hair until it was perfect and was also able to make a few tweaks the day of to ensure it was perfect. Make up and hair stayed perfectly all day and night.
With the help of 2 other stylists she brought with her, she completely my entire bridal party (12 people) earlier than originally planned.

Highly recommend using her for your wedding and any other occasion!

Profile Picture Amanda, 4/29/16, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Marcella serviced us for my sisters sweet sixteen. She was very easy to communicate with, great prices as well. Makeup and hair came out beautiful and everything came out was done on time. Marcella was great!!! She would ask you what you wanted and if you didn't know what you wanted she would suggest something and it would look absolutely gorgeous! Overall had a good experience and will definitely do business again with in the future!

Profile Picture Kristine, 4/1/16, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

I wish I had known Marcella for my own wedding! I met her over 3 years ago when she did my hair for a family photo shoot and have used her for every special event in my life since. She has done my hair for weddings in which I was a bridesmaid, both of my children's baptisms, parties, family photos and more. Marcella even blows my hair out every week as she does the best blow out I have ever had. With curly/frizzy hair I never thought I could have hair that I love but Marcella makes that happen for me all the time. After family, friends and colleagues saw how beautiful Marcella made my hair look, they all started using her as well. She is professional, talented, sweet, warm and most of all trustworthy. She has excellent communication via phone and text. Marcella is also extremely flexible and eager to please. I would reccomend her for any and all of life special events!

Profile Picture Kelly, 3/31/16, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

My wedding was a a month ago and I'm so glad I found Marcella. She did both my hair and makeup for my big day. She made me feel special and was so professional. As a bride, you get so nervous and anxious the morning of your wedding and Marcella was just so calming and such a great energy to be around so I really appreciated that. Everything came out gorgeous and my hair and makeup held up all night long. I got so many compliments and have recommended her to so many people already.

Profile Picture Christine, 1/31/16, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Marcella is amazing! I have used her for several special occasions and she always does an amazing job no matter what style I want. I highly recommend her for your wedding or for any occasion. It's like having a personal stylist on call

Profile Picture User6375025, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Marcella did my makeup for my bridal shower and wedding. She also did my mom and sister's makeup for my wedding day. She made all of us look and feel beautiful! We photographed well and were very pleased! I can't thank her enough and hope to be able to use her again in the future!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 10/9/15, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Marcella is absolutely amazing to work with! She styled me for two engagement shoots, and for my wedding. I am so happy to have been able to have Marcella as my hair and make up stylist. Marcella is so talented and her work is perfection for all hair types, skin types for all ages. In addition to myself, she helped to style my wedding party and family- ages 4 to 60. We all received wonderful compliments. What I love the most is that her technique is to enhance your natural beauty!!

After my wedding, I have gone to Marcella several times to be styled for other events.

Profile Picture Kristina, 8/23/15, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Blowouts, Hair Extensions, Haircuts, Updos/Styling, Consultations, Hair, Makeup, Airbrush Makeup, Contour Makeup, Fake Lashes

Marcella was AMAZINNNG. I was so happy with her work from the trial to the wedding day. She did my hair ( Bride) my mothers hair, flower girl and 4 bridesmaids hair quickly and so perfectly done. She came to the house arrived on time and actually stayed until my photographer arrived to help me with my viel which she didn't have to do . I would 100% recommend her and use her again of other event i might have.

Profile Picture sandra, 8/22/15, 1 Review
Services Used: Blowouts, Updos/Styling, Hair

I've been going to Marcella to do my hair now for 4-5yrs. But when she started doing makeup, I was estactic b/c I knew she would be great at it! I had her do my makeup for several smaller events but when I called her to do my makeup for my baby shower I was so relieved she was available.
She didn't disappoint! I got so many compliments day of and I'm still getting compliments 5 days after my baby shower!!! I'm getting so many comments on FB and IG and texts of how beautiful I looked. When you're pregnant, you don't feel sexy or in the mood for dress up, but she made me feel so comfortable and so darn sexy and beautiful, that I wish she cld live next door to me so I can always feel this way during my pregnancy hahaha.
Thank you so much for everything! You didn't just deliver or meet my expectations-- you over-exceeded them!

Profile Picture Jeanette, 5/24/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Contour Makeup, Eye Makeup, Fake Lashes, Natural Makeup, On-Site Makeup, Wedding Party Makeup, Makeup