Styles by Marcella Reviews

46 Reviews for Styles by Marcella

46 Styles by Marcella Reviews

Cristina · Married on 10/07/2018

Amazing!!!

Marcella was probably my favorite vender to work with overall. She is incredibly talented, really truly listens to what you want, and is the sweetest person you'll ever meet! Her team did the hair and makeup for myself, my bridesmaids, and both moms. She was even flexible about adding on hair for my sister in law last minute too! Everyone looked BEAUTIFUL and all of our hair and makeup stayed the entire night. The next morning at breakfast my makeup was even still perfect! To top it all off she even texted me the following day asking how everything went. Not only is Marcella great at what she does, she also truly cares about her clients and wants to make sure everyone is happy and feeling their very best! Love her!

Danielle · Married on 10/06/2018

Favorite Wedding Vendor - no doubt

Just want to share the wealth about Styles by Marcella! She's styled my hair 3 different ways now (trial, shower, wedding day), and every time she knocked it out of the park. She did my makeup for my shower, too, and it was my favorite look ever.

She did a low bun for my trial, a sexy pony with fishtail for my shower, and a half up/half down style for my wedding. The curls fell the perfect amount, and held the perfect amount (and I have Magic Sleek in my hair so that's hard to accomplish).

I also had picky BMs, and she couldn't have done a better job with their hair either. She arrived on-time for every occasion, answered every text and email, and her pricing was the BEST I could find - not kidding. Do yourself a favor, and book her now.

Styles by Marcella 1
    Styles by Marcella 2
  • Debbie

Debbie · Married on 09/02/2018

Marcella is wonderful!

I thought finding a hair/makeup artist was going to be one of the most stressful parts of planning my wedding. It turned out to be one of the easiest, and the most fun, once I found Marcella. Everything about Marcella put me at ease as soon as I met her. We talked comfortably for over an hour, and she answered all of my questions… which were numerous, because I’d never worked with a hair and makeup artist before. What a pleasure she is as a person! Sweet, down-to-earth, friendly and fun. Add that to her professionalism – her eye for color and details, her knowledge of the products she uses, her ability to understand your wants and guide you through the daunting process of creating your wedding day look, her endless patience, her desire to style her clients to their absolute best – she is a dream to work with. She spent about 3+ hours with me for my trial, working through every aspect of the styling, asking me what I was comfortable with, doing everything to perfection. For our wedding, we had a very early start, and Marcella came in at 5:30 am, bright as ever and ready to work. She spent the next 4 hours tirelessly working her artistry on myself, my maid of honor, and my mother in law. Her colleague, Michelle, who came to work on my daughter, niece and sister-in-law, was fantastic also. We all chatted and laughed together the whole time. What a fun experience. I don’t know how she does what she does, but Marcella is an absolute magician. I felt completely transformed after she worked on me, but I still felt like myself. She’s amazing. I was a little sad when the wedding was over, knowing that I was done working with her! I would not hesitate to recommend her. She is a gem.

courtney · Married on 09/01/2018

I don’t even know where to begin. Not only was she an absolute sweetheart, but I’ve never had someone do my makeup without me flinching when they put my eyelashes, or I felt awkward and didn’t know what to say...... then I met Marcella! She is a dream and I received compliments ALL night about my makeup. Everything was flawless, I will absolutly be using her again for every single event. Wouldn’t trust anyone else with my makeup. Thank you Marcella!

Jeannie · Married on 08/23/2018

Marcella was easily one of the best decisions I made for my wedding! She is talented, professional, and so sweet. For my first trial, I had narrowed down my hairstyle to two styles and Marcella gladly did both since I was indecisive. They both came out absolutely stunning! The day of the wedding she arrived at our hotel on time with another stylist Erin, and they did an amazing job on everyone in my bridal party. Marcella somehow made my hair look even MORE gorgeous than she did at my trial, and I received so many compliments throughout the day. I cannot thank Marcella enough for making my bridal party look fabulous, and for making me feel beautiful and like a (Disney) princess on my wedding day. I highly recommend her and look forward to working with her again for my next big event!

Alyssa · Married on 07/21/2018

If I could give more than 5 stars, I would!! I want to encourage anyone still looking for a hair/makeup artist for their wedding to reach out to Styles By Marcella!!! She was absolutely wonderful for my wedding creating a beautiful look for me that was better than I could have imagined!! My hair and make up got so many compliments throughout the night- same for my mom and maid of honor! She is so down to earth and helped me feel at ease and kept me and my bridal party laughing leading up to my big moment!! Her talent is incredible and she was such a pleasure to work with throughout the entire planning process! Very responsive and knowledgable!!! I can’t thank her enough for helping to make my day so special and memorable!!!!

Styles by Marcella 3
    Styles by Marcella 4

Stephanie · Married on 07/14/2018

Marcella was one of my favorite vendors for my wedding! Not only was she punctual at responding and arriving for trials and day of, but she was one of the sweetest people I’ve met in my life! She is super talented and listens to exactly what her clients want. I decided to change my hairstyle the day of my wedding and she was more than happy to change the plan for me. My hair came out even better than I had envisioned! She came back to do touchups after my photos before my ceremony and changed my style for the reception! My bridesmaid had loved her hair from a prior event and brought photos for Marcella to replicate. She didn’t just recreate it; she made it even better! I can not recommend Marcella enough and I cannot wait to use her again in the future!!

Christina · Married on 07/13/2018

Marcella was absolutely amazing! Not only did she make me feel beyond beautiful on my wedding day she was able to do both hair and makeup for several bridesmaids, maid of honor, Mother of the bride and mother of the groom. Everyone was beyond impressed with her skills and I received so many compliments. My hair and makeup stayed flawless the entire night. She was extremely easy to work with and made me feel at ease the day of the wedding. I would recommend anyone to Marcella who is looking for a professional, talented hair stylist and makeup artist. She is the best!!!!

Maria · Married on 06/10/2018

Marcella was amazing! I was confident in the little direction I gave her that my hair and makeup would be flawless. I remember not wanting to take down my hair or remove my makeup after the trial and then the wedding day came and it looked even better. I didn't even had my headpiece for my trial but the day of my wedding Marcella made it work perfectly! I received so many compliments throughout the day and so many people were surprised that my makeup still looked perfect at the end of the night! My mom is always skeptical about applying makeup as she normally doesn't wear much daily and she was blown away with the airbrush makeup Marcella did for her also. Marcella is very professional, SO easy to work with and accommodating. Can't wait to call her again for my next big event!

Jen · Married on 06/09/2018

I honestly cannot say enough positive things about Marcella! Not only is she incredibly talented when it comes to hair & makeup, but she’s also personable, extremely well-organized & a great listener. We truly hit the jackpot when I found her 2 years ago for my sister’s wedding—and she was the first vendor I contacted when I got engaged myself. I knew right away that I couldn’t have anyone else do my makeup. I typically hate getting makeup professionally done because it always looks better when I do it myself, but Marcella is by far the exception. To this day, I’ve never had anyone come close to matching her hair & makeup skills in all the other weddings I’ve been in. She’s really the best, and is even doing my best friend’s wedding in a few months. I will continue to refer Marcella to all my friends & family in the future! Do not hesitate to book her immediately!

Michelle · Married on 06/02/2018

Marcella was amazing!! She was very easy to communicate with, answered all questions and emails promptly, and was so patient with changes to the schedule! So kind and very accommodating and made this portion of wedding planning stress free!!! She did my hair and makeup for my wedding day in June and she was able to create the exact vision I had for myself! At the end of the night I didn't want to take my hair out or my makeup off!! Hair and makeup lasted all day, and it was a long day! She also did hair and makeup for my 7 bridesmaids, my mom, and my mother in law (with the help of 2 of her girls, Dana and Elaine)!! Everyone looked beyond beautiful that day, and getting ready in the morning was so much fun and so relaxing!! I really am so happy with the amazing work Marcella did to make me feel glamorous on my wedding day!

Katherine · Married on 05/19/2018

Marcella did such a great job on my hair and makeup. I was lucky that I was able to have my trial on the day I had my bridal shower. She did my hair exactly how I wanted and even better than I expected. She did airbrush on me which i needed/LOVED because my face is always red. My makeup was perfect the entire night (even after lots of crying throughout the day). My curls came a little undone only because of the humidity. She did such a great job and was so easy to communicate with. Any questions I had she quickly emailed me back. I would definitely use her again and I highly recommend her!

Styles by Marcella 5

Julia · Married on 05/12/2018

Marcella is amazing!!!!! Besides being super talented she is also very organized and so sweet! From the trial to the big day she was always early, ready to work and delivered beautiful hairstyles for my bridesmaids and I. I LOVED my bridal hair and couldn't of asked for a better stylist for my "big day"!

Jennifer · Married on 05/05/2018

From the moment I scheduled a make-up trial with Marcella she was so responsive and professional. I met Marcella back in September when she came to my house for my make-up trial. I was instantly IN LOVE with the trial and her dedication and personality. After my trial, I did not think twice about make-up. However, I originally was going to use someone else for my hair. BUT after stalking Marcella's Instagram and Facebook of pictures of hair styles that she has done, I knew that I needed to have a hair trial with her too. We booked a hair trial and I absolutely loved it when she left, but about 3 weeks later I decided I wanted to do something different with my hair. When I texted Marcella I was like OMG she is going to hate me. WRONG. Marcella could NOT have been more understanding or nicer about the situation. We made another appointment for another trial and she stayed until it was perfected. Moral of the story - she is INCREDIBLY TALENTED AND DEDICATED TO HER WORK!!! I also had a very big hair crisis about a month before my wedding when I decided to cut my own extensions and hair the day of my shower after Marcella left my house. While I still know that was one of the dumbest decisions of my life, Marcella was there by phone and email to answer all of my insane questions and help me figure out what I should to do to ensure that my hair is perfect for my wedding (yes, please make fun because it will be something we laugh at forever). I can sit and rave about Marcella and her entire team that came on my wedding day and perfected hair and make-up for my bridal party of 10 girls, my mom and grandma but that still wouldn't be enough. One of my best friends has already booked her for her wedding in September 2019 after she saw the amazing work that she did for my wedding. I truly feel so blessed to have Marcella been a huge part of my shower day (she also did my hair and make up for my shower) and my wedding day. She is the BEST there is and I truly mean that wit

Victoria · Married on 05/04/2018

Marcella is AMAZING!! I had my hair trial back in January for my wedding on May 4th. I showed her a bunch of pictures and she mastered that Disney princess look I was going for!! We emailed back and forth a bunch of times between the trial and my wedding and she always gave a speedy reply and answered all my questions!! On the day of my wedding she was on time and made my hair and makeup come out beautifully! All my guests were complimenting my look all day/night!! My hair tends to fall out after a couple of hours but the products she used kept my hair intact all night and looked great the next day! Thank you so much for an amazing job!!

Styles by Marcella 6
    Styles by Marcella 7
    Styles by Marcella 8

Samantha · Married on 03/24/2018

Love Marcella! She did my blowouts from when I met my husband till my wedding hair!!! 5 years! We ended up doing two new styles that we came up with day of for my wedding and they came out exactly how I envisioned!!! We did an up-do for ceremony and then took it down for the party! Her smiling face was waiting for me right after ceremony and changed my hair as quickly as possible so I could join cocktail hour! She is also such a doll and fun to talk to while you get your hair done!!!!! Highly recommend !!!!

Kelly · Married on 03/10/2018

Most brides go for the “natural look.” Not me. I wanted red lips, & sparkly, dramatic eyes. Marcella did not disappoint. Both at the trial and on my wedding day, Marcella was a pleasure to work with. She did both me & my bridesmaids. We all had different looks & she mastered each one. I have never felt more beautiful than on my wedding day, & that is all thanks to Marcella :). She is a lovely person who has mastered her trade. I’d hire her again in a heartbeat!

Styles by Marcella 9
    Styles by Marcella 10

Pamela · Married on 01/27/2018

Where do I start!? Marcella was so amazing since the second I met her. I live 4 hours upstate, so I had to set up appointments way in advance so I could plan my trip back home, Marcella was so accommodating with days and times I was so relieved. I have no idea about makeup (especially bridal makeup) so when I met her for my trial I let her do her thing. It came out beautiful of course and I booked her right then and there for my wedding! Same goes with hair! I loved my half up/half down hairstyle she did and knew I needed it for my wedding! The morning of my wedding I asked her to switch something (add a braid) from my original trial and she did it no problem and it came out perfect! She is so nice and sweet and makes you feel so comfortable. She was on time and was even done before schedule. All of my bridesmaids loved her and two of them inquired about their own weddings! Our makeup and hair stayed all night long perfectly! I will definitely be calling Marcella in the future!! Thank you so much for making me so beautiful on my wedding day Marcella!

Danielle · Married on 12/02/2017

Where do I even start with Marcella? Right from the start when I met her, I was impressed. She is so professional and so talented. She did my hair and makeup for my bridal shower as well as my wedding. I felt absolutely beautiful every time. I continue to use her for hair cuts and anytime I will need my makeup done. I continue to feel like I gained a friend, not just a stylist. I would absolutely recommend her to anyone who is looking for hair and makeup. The day of the wedding she also brought another stylist with her who was just as fantastic as she was. My hair stayed the entire day and into the next day! Highly Recommend!!!

Stacy · Married on 10/30/2017

Fabulous! Marcella is such a sweetie, super patient, and she and her team did an awesome job on our hair and makeup even though we had a 6am start time at the hotel. I was so happy with everything and we got a ton of compliments at the wedding!

Styles by Marcella 11
    Styles by Marcella 12
    Styles by Marcella 13
    Styles by Marcella 14
    Styles by Marcella 15

Amanda · Married on 10/28/2017

Marcella is absolutely amazing!! She has such amazing talent and she is the nicest person ever! From the moment we connected, she was professional and soo attentive. For the trial she was on time, and worked with me to find the perfect look, for both hair and makeup. At the end of the trial, I booked with her immediately because I knew she was the one! I also used Marcella for my bridal shower makeup and hair, which was perfect! I received so many compliments on how flawless I looked. Preparing for the wedding, she reassured me that her crew could handle getting 9 of us ready before 7:30AM on the wedding morning. She checked in on me often during the year and as we got closer she sent me schedules for the wedding morning. She relieved all my stress and worries. The wedding morning they all arrived on time, worked according to schedule, we never felt rushed and we had an absolutely amazing morning getting ready. Everyone was happy with their hair and makeup, and everyone looked absolutely perfect. Every time I look at wedding pictures, I cannot believe how beautiful I looked, and that is all thanks to Marcella! I definitely recommend her for Hair and Makeup! She is the best!!! You will not regret choosing her!

Leigh Ann · Married on 08/25/2017

Wow!!! Marcella is simply the best!! I have never felt more beautiful than on my wedding day thanks to Marcella. I found the search for a wedding MUA completely overwhelming, mostly because there are so many options in the NYC/LI area. I was so relieved to find Marcella especially since she came so highly recommended. Every step of the entire process was so easy; I heard back from Marcella right away after my initial email. At our trial I showed Marcella a few hair and make-up pics that I liked and she magically made me look exactly the way I wanted! Throughout the months leading up to the wedding Marcella was so incredibly professional and accommodating. and patient with me.With only a few weeks notice I told Marcella definitively that in addition to myself, I would need her to do the hair and makeup of my entire bridal party, which included 9 girls and my mom. Marcella took it in stride and reassured me that it wasn't a big deal as she has a great team that she works with for larger bridal parties. In a few days Marcella emailed me a schedule for all of the girls taking into account everyone's different requests. On the wedding day Marcella and her team arrived bright and early at my parents house. They set their stations up separately and went straight to work, all the while having the best time with my bridesmaids! I couldn't imagine a less stressful, more fun wedding, easier morning thanks to Marcella and her team. Over the next few hours one by one I watched each of my girls leave their chairs looking like the absolute best version of themselves. My mom and my bridesmaids loved how they looked as much I did. A few of them told me that they wished that they had used Marcella for their own weddings! Marcella stayed with me all day as I got married on the beach and was worried about the wind. She fixed my hair and makeup and made sure I looked amazing all night! My guests couldn't stop raving about how gorgeous I looked. Marcella is truly wonderful!!

Amy · Married on 08/12/2017

Marcella simply is the best there is. She has done my hair and makeup for several occasions ranging from weddings, my daughter's baptism, family parties, etc. and she always does an amazing job. She is warm, friendly, personable, extremely punctual and cares just as much as I do about my final look. She is open to try any style/look and is even willing to change anything I might be unhappy with. Thankfully this has never been the case! Marcella is considerate of occasion, event time and location, weather, color of dress, and all that matters when helping me choose between airbrush or traditional makeup as well as hairstyle. I dread the day she is unavailable but I am sure it would be for no other reason than that she is overbooked as she is just that good!! I cannot say enough about what a wonderful human being and stylist she is and would recommend her to anyone looking to feel great and walk into any event with an air of confidence!

Stefania · Married on 07/15/2017

Loveeeee Marcella!!!! She is so sweet, patient, friendly and really listens to her clients to make sure it's exactly what they want! I highly recommend her for any occasion! She even texts you the next day to check how everything. Love her! Thank you!!!!

Alexa · Married on 04/01/2017

Let me start off - she is amazing! I was married to the love of my life on April 1, 2017. Marcella was with me through every step of my whole 17 month engagement. Once we connected, she was always so attentive and checked in on me throughout my planning process. When she did my wedding hair trail, she listened to everything I wanted with my hair and make-up. She also did my hair and make up for my engagement shoot and bridal shower. I am so blessed that she has the patience to work with me and my family since we are a lot to handle. She is very kind and considerate! She works her hardest and when your hair and make up is complete I promise you will not be disappointed! I am so happy we connected, and I will definitely be using her for future functions that I have! She did the make up and hair for my whole bridal party with her assistant Maria! I highly recommend her! She is the best!