Studio One Hair Design Reviews

Studio One Hair Design 3
Studio One Hair Design 4
Studio One Hair Design 5

Hayley Affronti · Married on 10/12/2019

I have never felt more beautiful!

Studio One is the absolute most perfect place to get your hair and makeup done for your wedding or any event. Their team of makeup artists and hair stylists did an amazing job with me and all 9 women in our bridal party. From the first time I met Kristen and Gerry at my trial I knew I was going to be in good hands. I was very nervous to get my hair and makeup done since I normally don't wear much make up and getting my hair done always makes me nervous. But they both took so much time listening to what I wanted, perfecting the look they envisioned, making me feel comfortable and making me feel beautiful. I was so happy with my trial and didn't think it could be possible to be even more happy on my wedding day but I was. The hair and makeup for our whole bridal party looked absolutely incredible. Everyone looked natural and their hair looked incredible, and despite the many tears our makeup stayed on forever and our hair never fell out of place. We also had so much fun getting ready there. Katie who had organized the morning for us and was outstanding to work with, had prepared fruit cups for us, croissants, coffee, tea and had glasses ready so we could have mimosas. They also let us play the music of our choosing and were just so incredibly kind throughout the day. I can't say enough wonderful things about Studio One and I was so thankful that we could get ready there. They are really an amazing group of stylists and excellent business. If you have the opportunity, book Studio One for your hair and makeup needs for your wedding or any event. You will feel beautiful, relaxed and have so much fun with working these women!

Studio One Hair Design 6
    Sent on 11/03/2019
  • Megan

Megan Jensen · Married on 09/22/2019

Dreams Come True with Studio One - BEST. SALON. EVER.

From the beginning, Studio One was super helpful, accommodating, and made our decision to use them for our wedding an easy one! We live/work in Brooklyn, and had no idea who I was going to use in New Paltz for our wedding hair/make up. From the first phone call with Katie at the front desk, we knew we were in good hands. She was very responsive, helpful, and answered all of our questions, and we found the pricing to be more than reasonable. Visiting the salon for my hair and make up trial was definitely a highlight. Kate did my make up trial and listened to my questions and is a make up queen and goddess. I LOVED everything she did/chose and had no comments/edits/changes. From the first trial look I knew that was my wedding make up. She also made me feel super comfortable and relaxed. Then I went to Amanda to do my trial. Little did I know at first she was the OWNER of the Salon and I felt so lucky and blessed to have her time. I was a pretty laid back bride with some photo ideas, but wanted to let the experts do their magic. She guided me along the way, checking in, making sure her style was matching what I wanted, and it was a DREAM. She nailed it first try, I LOVED IT, and she asked if I wanted to try anything else and I didn't because she was that good, and had already created my wedding look on the first try.

For the day of (my wedding day!) I couldn't have asked for a better time getting ready. Amanda, Stephanie, and Kate showed up prompt and even early. They were all super comfortable and relaxed even for coming onsite on a Sunday which I was so appreciate of. They set the tone for the morning and we had THE BEST time getting ready. All the girls looked stunning and the best versions of their individual selves. They were true wizards and I felt so lucky and special to have them involved in my big day. We talked, laughed and had such a great group of women sharing my special day. Truly these women were crucial to making the day go so, so smooth and we even finished early, which I thought was super smart and great that they build in extra time so we didn't feel rushed.

Honestly, if I could do it all over again and again and again I would use Studio One EVERY SINGLE TIME. I can't wait to go back and visit them and share pictures. They are part of our "wedding family/story" which will last a lifetime.

THANK YOU LADIES!

Sent on 09/26/2019

Katelynn · Married on 09/21/2019

Amazing place for make-up

Studio one was a great choice for my wedding! I used them as my make-up artist and I could not have picked a better place. Not only were they friendly and professional but my make-up came out amazing. I do not wear a lot of make-up to begin with so I was very unfamiliar with "the make-up world." The staff at Studio One were able to guide me into selecting the perfect make-up for my big day! my make-up trial was amazing. I was able to take my mother and discuss different shades for my eyes and lips. Kate (my make-up artist) provided helpful suggestions and tips without being pushy! I felt truly comfortable during my trial and my big day! Kate was able to do traditional and airbrush make-up perfect. We all looked beautiful but very natural which was the look we were going for. She also was able to cover up a massive scar my grandmother had on her chest from an open heart surgery. I had a great experience with them! Also, I thought they were reasonably priced considering I had been in two weddings prior and knew the going rate for a make-up artist!

Sent on 09/24/2019

Marisa Rackson · Married on 09/01/2019

Loved Studio One Hair!

The Studio One team did a WONDERFUL job with hair and makeup for my wedding. Despite never meeting in person, the stylist listened thoughtfully to my preferences understood my goals. I was so happy with the hair & makeup result, as were my bridesmaids. We are grateful to the squad that came and did A+ work.

Studio One Hair Design 7
    Sent on 09/15/2019
  • Orapin

Orapin Loesvidhya · Married on 07/27/2019

Talented & Professional

I chose Studio One Hair Design to do my hair and makeup on my wedding day and it was the right move. The team was very professional, reliable and accommodating. I felt comfortable and welcoming as soon as I walked inside the salon. Katie, their wedding coordinator was very helpful, pleasant and responsive. It was such a pleasure to work with her.

Everyone in my party including my mother loved their hair and makeup. Amanda did my hair and she did a fantastic job. With her talent, vision and patience, my hair was beautiful, classic and elegant. Kristen also gave my maid of honor a sweet and lovely hairstyle that looked perfect for her. Gerry took care of everyone’s makeup. She was amazing! She was very kind, personable, and at the same time very professional. She took her time to explain to me each step and kept on checking with me to make sure I was happy with the way I looked. My makeup turned out flawless.

Both my hair and makeup along with my wedding party’s stayed throughout the hot summer day and night. I did not need to reapply at all. I felt absolutely beautiful on my wedding day!

Thank you, Amanda, Gerry and the entire Studio One Hair Design team.

Studio One Hair Design 8
    Studio One Hair Design 9
    Studio One Hair Design 10
    Studio One Hair Design 11
    Sent on 09/27/2019
  • Kate

Kate Weston · Married on 06/08/2019

Hair for all my needs

Amanda and Gerry were punctual, friendly, informative, and incredibly talented. Everyone was overjoyed with their hair and makeup, we all felt beautiful and glamorous. I danced my way through my wedding and NO hair was out of place at the end of the night. My makeup lasted and looked so nice I actually wore it to breakfast! Thank you all for making us all look so beautiful for my happy ever after!

Sent on 06/17/2019

Carol Scheffler · Married on 05/26/2019

Studio One was the best part of getting ready for our wedding

We loved working with Studio One to get ready for our wedding. They were patient, creative, professional and talented. I am not a person who wears a lot of makeup so I was sensitive about looking like myself and not too "done", and they were so accommodating of my wishes. I couldn't recommend them more highly.

Sent on 06/17/2019

Carol,
    Thank you so much for your review and for trusting us here at Studio one for Eliza's special day! You and your family were a pleasure to work with and looked absolutely stunning. We take great pride in what we do. We would love to see photos when you get the chance. We hope to see you in the future!
  • Erica

Erica Norton · Married on 05/25/2019

Quality & Beauty

Studio One was recommended to me by my wedding planner and I am so glad she told me about them! They did all of my bridesmaids hair along with my mom and MIL. Working with them was very easy. I sent them photos of each hairstyle and they executed them perfectly no matter the length of the girls hair. I was able to tip & pay in advanced which made the day of the wedding stress free. The girls were very professional, but were also a fun addition to the conversation and vibe of the day - We 100% work with them again!

Sent on 06/19/2019

Andrea P · Married on 05/25/2019

Hair with an Attitude (A Very Good Thing)

I've got this mop of hair that just does not cooperate. But Kristen had me feeling like a princess, and my hair was absolutely perfect. She took care of me and my three bridesmaids and my mom, and we had a ball. Updo or down, Kristen has masterful hands.

Sent on 10/26/2019

Lauren Albright · Married on 05/10/2019

Great hair and make up and wonderful staff!

We had a great experience with the team at Studio One. They did a fantastic job with hair and makeup. They were a pleasure to hang out with and made the day stress free!

Sent on 11/04/2019
  • Erica

Erica L Smith · Married on 02/17/2019

Great staff

I had Kate W. from Studio One do my hair and makeup for my wedding. She was able to fit me in on a very short notice and she worked with me on dates. My favorite part of working with her was her humor! She made me feel right at home and completely comfortable. At the trial, she was receptive to all of my suggestions, and offered some back as well. The day of she came to my hotel and was super wonderful even after I was 1/2 hour late! My hair was gorgeous and everyone loved it. Plus it didnt move all night! Same for my makeup. I got airbrushing and It was still on when I woke up the next morning! I looked absolutely beautiful thanks to Kate and Studio One!

Sent on 03/01/2019
  • Shana

Shana CONROY · Married on 11/23/2018

Awesome from start to finish

They worked with me on both my hair and makeup and did an awesome job on both the trial and the day of the wedding. People are still talking about how amazing my hair looked and makeup. They work with you from start to finish to make sure you look beautiful!

Sent on 11/04/2019

Lm Fr · Married on 10/13/2018

Bridal hair

Amanda was excellent- professional, friendly, patient, and a true hair artist!

Sent on 12/03/2018

Stephanie Parisi · Married on 09/23/2018

Would highly recommend to everyone!!

The young ladies that came out and did my bridal parties hair and makeup were outstanding. They cared about what we wanted and made sure that we got just that. One of the numbers of my bridal party did not like the way the hairstyle looked on her once it was done these girls immediately took a hair all down and read it until she was happy. They will do whatever it takes to ensure you day is special and you look your absolute best. I was amazed by the level of professionalism these young ladies showed. I also wanted to share something very personal....my grandma is totally blind these young ladies did her hair and makeup and made her look great even though she could not tell them at all what she wanted. I can’t say enough good things about this business. They are worth every penny! I am very thankful for them.

Sent on 11/30/2018

Stephanie,
    Thank you so much for your review! You were a pleasure to work with and looked absolutely stunning. Thank you so much for letting us be part of your special day and we hope to see pictures! Happy holidays!

Molly · Married on 09/09/2018

We had a 2 hair stylists and one makeup artist come to my hotel room in the Catskills at 7 am to do 10 people’s hair and 4 people’s makeup. We were not the easiest bunch for hair, there were a lot of long, thick, curly-haired girls there, but they did an amazing job. I was worried that my hair would not look any different than usual because I have very short, very curly hair that is hard to style, but they tamed it in a way that showed off my curls and made it look done.

It was about $100 for hair, $90 for makeup for each person and an extra over all fee of $100 because we were more than 30 miles away from their location.

Studio One Hair Design 12
    Studio One Hair Design 13
    Sent on 09/28/2018

Studio One Hair Design's reply:

Beautiful pictures Molly! Thank you so much for letting us be part of your special day. It was a pleasure. Congratulations!

Alyssa · Married on 06/30/2018

I will be coming back! Your salon is the best and I can't wait to come again!
    Alyssa Cramer wedding date 06/30/2018.

Sent on 09/21/2018
  • Shannon

Shannon · Married on 03/24/2018

Can work with ANY type of hair!

Amanda from Studio One was absolutely amazing. My hair was really important to me as I chose to not wear almost any makeup but still wanted to feel glamorous on the big day! My hair is past my belly button, very hard to curl, and THICK. Amanda absolutely perfected what I wanted and I loved it. She also did my sister’s hair, which is identical to mine, a bridesmaid with very long hair, a bridesmaid with a pixie cut and 2 bridesmaids with medium-length fine hair. EVERYONE looked amazing and all the bridesmaids were so impressed. Seriously, if your hair is important to you, hire Studio One!

Sent on 06/20/2019

Maria · Married on 11/11/2017

Amanda is absolutely amazing! She does my hair all the time and I am always super happy about results! She did my wedding hair and I loved it! I was very happy with everything! I got so many compliments on my hair!
    I definitely recommend this studio.
    Thank you for making my big day so special!

Sent on 10/16/2017

Jessica · Married on 10/14/2017

Working with Studio One for makeup on my wedding day was great! They were able to do everyone quickly and efficiently and everyone loved their makeup! When one person was not in love with their make up, the artists redid parts of it until they were happy. They were so flexible and accommodating!

Sent on 10/13/2017

H · Married on 10/09/2017

Working with the team at Studio One was wonderful! They were both professional and warm. I was more than pleased with my hair and make-up!! They even managed to style my sisters hair, who did not have an appointment that day.

Sent on 10/21/2017

Bridgette · Married on 10/01/2017

I used Angela Orr as my makeup artist for my wedding and for all of my bridesmaids, she is FABULOUS!!! I would HIGHLY recommend her to anyone looking for a makeup artist, she gave each girl an individual looked that they loved. My makeup was exactly what I wanted and it lasted through lots of tears of joy. Angela is so sweet and fun and just a pleasure to work with!

Studio One Hair Design 14
    Studio One Hair Design 15
    Studio One Hair Design 16
    Studio One Hair Design 17
    Sent on 10/03/2017
  • X

Xiomara · Married on 09/23/2017

Kristin has been doing my hair now for 14 years and I will never go to anyone else. She was bright and early and ready to start in minutes. My hair looked exactly like what I wanted and more. It was romantic and beautiful and I received compliments all night.

Sent on 10/21/2017

Ashley · Married on 09/16/2017

I normally go to this salon to get my hair cut so there was no question as to what salon I wanted doing my hair and make up for my wedding day. Everyone at this salon is super nice and professional. I had a total of 8 girls, including myself, getting hair and make up done and the salon was able to provide 2 makeup artists and 2 people for hair. They came on time and even finished early. My hair and make up looked wonderful, however my hair didn’t hold up for too long my bridesmaids had to keep adjusting and I normally go to this salon to get my hair cut so there was no question as to what salon I wanted doing my hair and make up for my wedding day. Everyone at this salon is super nice and professional. I had a total of 8 girls, including myself, getting hair and make up done and the salon was able to provide 2 makeup artists and 2 people for hair. They came on time and even finished early. My hair and make up looked wonderful, however I have A LOT of hair so it didn’t hold up for too long. It was also a very windy day so it was understandable. my bridesmaids had to keep adjusting and adding more bobby pins to my hair as the night went on. But honestly after the ceremony and pictures I didn’t care to much. I would still recommend studio one for any services you may need. more bobby pins. But honestly after the ceremony and pictures I didn’t care to much. I would still recommend studio one for any services you may need.

Studio One Hair Design 18
    Studio One Hair Design 19
    Sent on 10/10/2017

Kristen · Married on 09/16/2017

Studio One went above and beyond for me and my bridal party, and I couldn't be happier! We booked them for hair and make-up for be (the bride), mother of the bride, and three bridesmaids, and they made everyone's style perfect for their personality! No hidden fees, very responsive, and open and honest from start to finish. Even at 5:30am, the hair and make-up artists were quick on their toes, attentive, and we all came out with gorgeous results! Nobody required much of a touch-up other than lipstick throughout the day, but we expected that, so Studio One left a little bit behind so we could freshen up properly. All of us had different hair styles, and they pulled off all of them without a hitch. Thank you so much for making me and my party beautiful for my special day!

Studio One Hair Design 20
    Studio One Hair Design 21
    Studio One Hair Design 22
    Studio One Hair Design 23
    Studio One Hair Design 24
    Studio One Hair Design 25
    Sent on 10/13/2017

Lizzie · Married on 09/01/2017

The whole team at Studio One was lovely. I booked kind of late but they were able to accommodate my bridal party + mom's and grandma. At my trial they listened and wrote every shade of makeup down and took tons of photos so there were no surprises day of. On the morning of my wedding they set up a little breakfast spread along with juice and water for the girls. We were done early which was great since my Grandma last minute decided to get her makeup done and we didn't have that scheduled.

I would recommend them to anyone getting married in the area.

Sent on 09/19/2017