Studio 321 Reviews

34 Reviews for Studio 321

• Eleanor

Eleanor Claiborne · Getting married on 01/04/2022

Amy is the best!

Amy made the whole inquiry, booking, and planning process so easy. She is so flexible and positive and helped make my tight timeline for bride, mothers, and 8 bridesmaids work. Most importantly, she is an amazing hair stylist! I brought a few photos to my hair trial and she nailed it immediately! I loved the look and she works really fast. Unfortunately, our wedding has been postponed due to covid, but I would recommend her to anyone looking for an amazing hair stylist with a warm and easygoing personality - she made planning for our wedding day much less stressful!

Sent on 06/08/2020
  • Brogan

Brogan · Getting married on 10/10/2020

Wow! Book Amy!

Amy and her assistant were both equally talented and fun to work with. They were so fast and everyone’s hair looked unbelievable. I definitely did a ton of research and a trail before booking Amy. I am super picky and didn’t just want a stylist I wanted someone who specialized in wedding hair. This is her entire business. She’s sooo talented! I even switched things up on her day of and she did not hesitate! We all got so many compliments on our hair. Best glam squad ever! She is also great with extensions and hair pieces. They are so professional, prompt, and priced fair. If she is available book her now!!!!

Sent on 09/12/2020
  • Tracy

Tracy Dozier · Married on 08/15/2020

Highly recommend

Amy and Sara were a dream team when it came to my bridal party’s hair and makeup. Everything was easy from the booking process to the trial and the day of the wedding. We got ready in their downtown studio instead of on site at our wedding venue because the Studio 321 space is just so beautiful and fun. Everyone’s hair and makeup looked impeccable and we had a great time. They really took their time to make sure everything was perfect and were attentive of every little detail. We had rainy weather the day of the wedding and everyone’s hair and makeup was able to withstand the weather. Very highly recommend!

Sent on 08/23/2020

Sarai Alvarez · Married on 08/09/2020

Where do I start? Book them! Effortless, natural, glowing

Amy and Sara did such an incredible job for my look. When booking a hair and makeup team, I was afraid I wouldn't look like myself but I definitely looked like myself x10000. Amy is a MAGICIAN with her hair styling--- she gave me an absolutely effortless, romantic, and chic up-do. Sara did an AMAZING job giving me a naturally radiant look- I can't emphasize this enough: her foundation application is FLAWLESS and GLOWING.

My group decided to get ready on-site (the studio is incredibly cute) and is located right in Downtown Charlottesville. Finally, Amy and Sara have great personalities, and make you feel right at home. I'm so happy I booked them- my day wouldn't have been the same without them.

Sent on 08/25/2020
  • Emily

Emily Huesgen · Married on 07/25/2020

Wonderful to work with!

Amy and the team at Studio321 was nothing short of amazing! So quick to respond and flexible with our many last minute changes. From my pre-wedding trial to the actual day, it was such a pleasure to spend time with these women. Our hair and make-up was so unique, natural, and perfect!!

Sent on 08/03/2020

Stephanie · Married on 05/16/2020

Excellent Experience!

321 Studio did a FANTASTIC job with hair and make up for my wedding. They traveled on site to do hair/make up for seven people, and everyone loved the finished product. They asked if you had preferences before they started and they made sure everyone was satisfied before they left. Both of these artists are incredibly kind and easy to get along with. I would highly recommend them to anyone getting married. I'm so thankful they contributed to my perfect day.

Sent on 08/23/2020
  • Rebecca

Rebecca · Married on 03/06/2020

I love the girls at studio 321!

They do such an amazing job making me look natural! They listened to my vision and delivered on all of us!

Sent on 03/15/2020
  • Lauren

Lauren Truwit · Married on 12/28/2019

Natural and Beautiful

Studio 321 was the perfect match for my wedding day! As someone who wears minimal make up on a day to day basis, they made me feel both natural and beautiful. They were so easy to work with and created the perfect style to go with my vision for me and my bridesmaids. So happy I chose to work with them!

Sent on 02/12/2020
  • Irene

Irene Alexiu · Married on 11/23/2019

Amazing work!

Amy and Sarah did such an incredible job for me and my girls on my wedding day! Amy is super easy to connect with and communicate with, you know exactly what you are getting, and she makes the trial super laid back and easy! Sarah did makeup that lasted an entire day—from 9am to 12am for some of the girls—and I think that is a major feat! I would recommend Amy and her team to anyone looking for her services in the Charlottesville area!!

Sent on 12/10/2019
  • Courtney

Courtney Fredrickson · Married on 11/16/2019

So Thrilled with Everything!

I found Studio 321 at the recommendation of our wedding coordinator. I wanted to make sure that I wasn't overly done up and that I still looked like "me" on my wedding day. I worked with Amy and Sara and both ladies did a wonderful job! My trial turned out so well that both my mom and sister decided to both have their hair/makeup done as well after seeing pictures. My mom is in her 70s and does not wear any makeup and was convinced she was going to come out looking like something out of a horror movie. Both Amy and Sara did a fantastic job with both my mom, sister, and mother-in-law. My mom was completely stunned when she saw the result and my sister wishes she could bring them down for her wedding next year.

I received so many compliments on both hair and makeup - I'm so happy I went with Studio 321. Thank you Amy and Sara!

Sent on 12/08/2019

Sarah · Married on 11/02/2019

The Dream Team

Let me first start out by saying that when Amy and Sara were done with everyone's hair and makeup, I did not want them to leave. I've known Amy for several years and she's done pretty much all of my friend's wedding hair so it was no question that she would be my hair/make-up vendor. The day I went to Studio 321 to have my trial was such a dream. The studio is right downtown and has the COOLEST vibe. My mom came with me and she said watching Amy was so wild because you have no idea what she's doing then all of the sudden its a beautiful work of art. Sara quickly became my best friend as we bonded over shared interests and similar husbands. She was patient with me when I aggressively blinked and needed "breaks" during my eye make up. The day of the wedding they showed up on time, were efficient and flexible when some of my people showed up an hour and a half late, and requested several add on services, and reassured me that everything was fine during all of my freakouts (thank you guys). Aside from all of that - I have never felt more beautiful in my entire life. They are true artists. I gave Amy and Sara complete and total artistic freedom because I trusted them and knew I would look bomb, and I certainly did. Last minute, Amy threw some flowers in my hair and I felt like a woodland princess. It was truly the best day. ALSO- I opted for spray tanning about a month before (because I had never had one), and 2 days before the wedding. Rachel is an angel and makes you feel so comfortable. She takes the time to get all of the nooks and crannies and makes sure that everything is completely even. Book them immediately - they fill up so quickly.

Sent on 12/09/2019

Jennifer Sweet · Married on 11/01/2019

Studio 321

Studio 321 was amazing. She was so sweet, prompt and did amazing work! Highly recommend!

Sent on 02/18/2020

Victoria Chan · Married on 10/27/2019

The beautiful, romantic hairstyles perfect for a bride and bridesmaids!

I was having trouble finding a hair/make up stylist that really stood out to me when I was looking for someone in Charlottesville. I finally saw Studio 321 and was immediately blown away by the beautiful hairstyles (updo’s and braids) that Amy did. They were exactly what I was picturing for my dress. Amy was quick to respond to my inquiry, and throughout the whole planning process she was pretty flexible, especially when I kept changing the number of girls that would be getting hair/make up done. Even on the day of, I had one more than the original number, but Amy was super cool and professional about it.

All my bridesmaids loved their hair. Amy did remember the hair I wanted from our trails on the day of without me having to say anything. She made everything stress free. And I have never felt more beautiful. Make up was great as well. Amy and 2 makeup artists helped my 7 bridesmaids, mother, mother-in-law, and I get ready for the big day.

Sent on 11/14/2019
  • Chloe

Chloe · Married on 10/26/2019

Amazing quality and even better experience!

To preface this review, I messaged Studio 321 on Instagram at least twice before i was even engaged to check their schedule LOL. They were then the very first vendor I booked (right after the venue), just days after getting engaged. That’s how good they are!

Studio 321 does an incredible job of enhancing your natural beauty without it looking like too much! My bridesmaids and I were all obsessed with how our hair and makeup turned out. The Studio 321 girls are also just so fun and sweet, making the experience even more memorable. They fit right in in the bridal suite and we had such a blast with them!

Thank you, Studio 321!

Sent on 12/03/2019

Mairead · Married on 10/12/2019

Beautiful and natural look

Amy and Sara were fantastic to work with. At my trial, they both listened carefully and helped me nail down exactly the look I wanted, then replicated it perfectly on the day of. Sara even anticipated the one change I was thinking about for my makeup look! They created beautiful but not overdone looks for my bridal party as well, taking the time to make sure everyone was totally happy while still managing to stay on schedule. Amy actually finished early, and everyone's hair stayed put all night. I'd recommend Studio 321 to any bride looking for a natural and romantic HMU look.

Sent on 10/23/2019
  • Elena

Elena · Married on 09/22/2019

Dream bridal hair stylist

Amy was a dream wedding hair stylist. She does a beautiful job at every style and works quickly and efficiently. She was wonderful to work with on my wedding day and during my trial at her gorgeous salon in downtown c-ville (and offers amazing organic spray tanning packages). Highly recommend working with Studio 321!

Sent on 10/23/2019
  • Holly

Holly · Married on 09/14/2019

Highly recommend

Amy and her team did hair and makeup for 14 of us. They did a beautiful job and worked so efficiently. Amy makes you feel like an old friend.

Sent on 09/17/2019

Hali · Married on 09/14/2019

The best experience!

Amy was the perfect addition to our wedding day! To start off, we did a hair trial. I was able to show her what I wanted, and she did my hair exactly how I wanted her too! I’m a COVID bride, and Amy was very flexible and understanding with us having to reschedule our wedding. On the wedding day, Amy was so accommodating to all of us who got our hair done. Her timing was perfect, and she brings any amazing calming energy to a day that can be very hectic! I highly recommend her for your big day!

Sent on 07/15/2020
  • Natasha

Natasha · Married on 08/25/2019

They’re fully worth it

Studio 321 came highly recommended to us by our photographer. We trusted that immediately because honestly, who better to recommend your beauty team than the one photographing you all day/night long?! From the moment I first got in touch with Amy, I knew she’d be great. Both Amy and Sara were an extremely professional team, always available to answer any questions we had and to assist with planning our wedding day beauty timeline. Because they only commit to one wedding per day, we were at ease knowing we’d be their only focus AND this ultimately allowed flexibility for a last minute addition of services for my mom.

On the day of, they both arrived promptly and prepared. Sara did my makeup, my mother’s makeup, and makeup for my three bridesmaids. Amy did my hair, my mother’s hair, and hair for one of my bridesmaids. They worked quickly and efficiently, while still taking time to genuinely consider each individual’s unique hair/makeup requests. Everyone that was present that day commented on how kind and professional Sara and Amy were throughout. Their friendliness and approachability can’t be understated. They were able to create unique and, best of all, long-lasting looks that made everyone truly happy.

For any brides still shopping around for their perfect beauty team:

Truthfully, Studio 321’s services were more expensive than I initially budgeted for but I quickly learned that Studio 321’s pricing is on par with the rest of Charlottesville’s pricey wedding market - if not MORE affordable. This was especially true for our smaller wedding party because, unlike many other artists in Charlottesville, Amy and Sara did not require a large group size or hefty cost “minimum” to provide the on-site services we desired. They were also extremely forthcoming about their pricing from the very beginning. If you’re on the fence about making the investment but you think you can swing it, look no further. I wouldn’t hesitate to hire Studio 321 again and again - they’re fully worth it.

Sent on 09/17/2019
  • Emily

Emily · Married on 08/16/2019

Exceptional!

Amy was everything I wanted in a hair stylist and more! On the day of the trial (that studio space though... swoon!!), I showed her a couple pictures of what I was looking for and she IMMEDIATELY nailed it. I drove all the way back from VA to NY that day and my hair held up like a charm!! Spontaneous car dance parties, rain, two dogs in the backseat, walking them in the misty rain... none of that was a match for my hair! I knew that very day that my hair would solid on our wedding day... and it was! We danced all night long and my hair felt secure and looked great at the end of the night. My bridal party also looked beautiful, and she did a great job with my Mom’s hair too! Not only is Amy a true artist, but she was a pleasure to work with and an absolute doll! I’d love to work with her again one day. My only regret is waiting so dang long to write this review! Thanks for everything Amy!!

Sent on 10/15/2019
  • Stephannie

Stephannie · Married on 06/29/2019

Simply the Best!

Amy and Sara are simply the best! I received so many compliments about my hair and makeup on my wedding day. My mother's makeup was flawless and my pregnant Matron of Honor was glowing. Amy was quick to respond to any questions I had about my day of timing and helped me feel at ease while planning from afar. I couldn't have asked for a better beauty team!

Sent on 07/09/2019
  • Katelyn

Katelyn · Married on 06/15/2019

Katelyn - Bride

Amy came recommended to me by my photographer, who also happened to be amazing! We did a hair trial a month and a half before my wedding and then she did my bridal hair. My hair was perfect and exactly how I wanted it. Amy will not scar you with tight ringlet curls, she creates beautiful waves that last longer than just one night, with minimal hairspray. Amy also did my bridesmaids hair and they were beautiful. If you are a very particular and picky person like me, Amy is your girl. She will take care of you!

Sent on 06/20/2019

Emily · Married on 06/15/2019

The best hair and makeup team!

Amy and Sara are amazing! When I went into my hair/makeup trial I had very little idea about what I wanted for my wedding hair and makeup, but they helped me to create a beautiful and natural look that was even better than I had imagined! On my wedding day they easily accommodated my large bridal party and actually finished ahead of schedule. They were even able to add on a few makeups for my bridesmaids the day of the wedding! Our hair and makeup look amazing all night, even with after an evening of dancing outside! Amy and Sara are so easy going and a calm presence to have around on your wedding day! I would highly recommend studio 321 to any bride looking for wedding day hair and makeup!

Sent on 07/17/2019
  • Bonnie

Bonnie · Married on 06/08/2019

Phenomenal Hair Stylist

Amy was phenomenal to work with from beginning to end - we hired her specifically for hair services. I had a pretty large bridal party and she was able to style their hair in any way they wanted and actually finished ahead of schedule. Everyone looked incredible! I even switched hairstyles from my trial to day-of wedding and she nailed the look I was going for. I highly recommend her!

Sent on 06/20/2019

Ashley · Married on 06/01/2019

Amy is simply amazing. She accommodated to my needs and literally was a shining star during the final months of my wedding planning and day of.

AMAZING!!!!!! Amy’s shop in Charlottesville is one of a kind and so is she. She worked hand in hand with me to find the perfect style during our trial and then executed it flawlessly on my big day. She travelled for me and accommodated all of my girls’ needs and ideas. I highly recommend. All she does is wedding hair so she knows what she is doing!

Sent on 06/25/2019