Storytellers NYC Reviews

90 | Brooklyn, NY

90 Reviews for Storytellers NYC

Christin · Married on 08/11/2018

DJ versus Band was one of the few decisions my now husband and I didn’t initially see eye to eye on. I love live music and have been to many a wedding where the energy of the event is elevated significantly by the band. My husband was concerned that a band would limit us in terms of song choice. I promised him we could find a band with the talent to play virtually everything he wanted to hear. When we read the excellent accolades for The Storytellers, then saw their extensive song catalogue, watched their online videos and eventually saw them perform live at The Red Lion, he was convinced without a doubt they’d exceed ours and our guests expectations. They were absolutely one of our favorite vendors to deal with leading up to the big day. Very organized, responsive and helpful. We needed a lot of guidance with our event timeline - both Sara and Candice were considerate of our needs and assisted with adjustments and suggestions. Our guests were blown away! Throughout the night and in the subsequent weeks many of our guests have raved about The Storytellers. Our wedding turned into a huge dance party. They are not only endlessly talented but you can tell they genuinely love what they do and that joy is contagious. Thank you so much Storytellers! -Christin & Casey

Sent on 09/13/2018

Storytellers NYC's reply:

Hello Christin & Casey - thank you so much for your review! We had a blast at your wedding! Best wishes! -Sara

Katherine · Married on 07/21/2018

The Storytellers are absolutely incredible!! They made our whole day too amazing to even put into words. They played a great mix of songs that kept everyone dancing all night long and they learned multiple special requests for us. We even asked them to learn a song for us to dance with our 94 and 96 year-old grandmothers (depending on how they were feeling!) It ended up being one of the most special moments of the night! In addition to the entire dance floor being packed all night - they also played during cocktail hour and played all of our ceremony music. They were beyond outstanding in every aspect of the day! Sara and Candace were an absolute dream to work with and made every step of the way easy and enjoyable. The Storytellers are so talented, so much fun, so easy to work with - people are still talking about how great our wedding band was!!! Book them now!!!

• Rachel

Rachel · Married on 07/13/2018

I really can’t properly put into words how hands-down incredible the Storytellers really are. As soon as I got engaged and started doing research, I had my heart set on them - so much so - that I chose my wedding date based on their availability. To this day, almost a month later, people are still talking about how incredible the band at our wedding was and how they did not stop dancing the entire night. I remember looking around and seeing not a single person sitting down after dinner all night - so many people mentioned never seeing a dance floor that packed at any wedding they’ve been to! To top it all off, Sara was a dream to work with every step of the way, reassuring me of all my worries and being super accommodating with everything - even when my dad wanted to change something last minute with introductions. If you're like me and my husband, and want the best band for your wedding, the Storytellers are worth every penny! Having a live band was our top priority and we decided to compromise elsewhere and go all in with the Storytellers. I can't say enough good things about this band and their professionalism, sound, crew, and musicians. It was the perfect night thanks to them! We LOVE you guys!!!

K · Married on 06/30/2018

I heard The Storytellers perform at a friend's wedding several years before my wedding and I knew from that moment I wanted to hire them. This was one of the best decisions I made. Guests are still raving about our wedding band. People were on the dance floor all night. They worked tirelessly to keep the energy going. I would without a doubt recommend them to anyone planning a wedding. In addition to their musical ability they were extremely professional and prompt at responding to questions.

Caitlin · Married on 06/15/2018

The Storytellers absolutely rocked our wedding! Countless wedding guests came up to us with compliments. They did a great job reading the party and understanding when guests wanted to dance vs. enjoy cocktail conversation. Outstanding job!

Paola · Married on 05/18/2018

If you want to host an event where guests dance the entire time, hire Storytellers.

I hired the band for my wedding and could not have been more pleased. The band is so talented and guests danced from the moment the music started to the end of the party.

The band performed a great mix of oldies, Motown and pop that appealed to everyone.

Sara and Candace were very professional, organized, responsive and a pleasure to work with.

I would highly recommend Storytellers for any event.

Katie · Married on 05/12/2018

The Storytellers were absolutely epic at our wedding last month. Sara was such a pleasure to work with and made the process so easy. She was kind enough to make some last minute changes for us and everything was so organized which was very much appreciated! We're still getting compliments about how fun the wedding was and how fast the night went thanks to the Storytellers. They read the room and atmosphere so well, keeping the dance floor packed and the energy up at all the right moments. Don't second guess or look any further...book them!! You won't regret it :D

Marcia · Married on 04/21/2018

Storytellers played at my son & (now) daughter-in-law's reception 2 weeks ago - I'd give them 10 stars if I could! They were phenomenal! I'd think I would sit down for a song or two, and just couldn't do it. Every single person in the band - singers & instrumentalists - were perfect. I have a huge love of horns in a band and they were incredible. The variety of songs was so much fun. The Storytellers band was the icing on the cake of a spectacular wedding & reception.

Sent on 05/05/2018

Storytellers NYC's reply:

Marcia - thank you so much! We had a blast, you all were a crazy fun group! You all were the perfect guests, I could hear you all singing along so loudly, it almost drowned out the band! That was impressive and so fun! Thanks again and congrats on having a great wedding event for your son! -SAra

Deana · Married on 04/20/2018

Such an amazing band. Every single guest was raving about them from the very first song that they played until the very last. They even managed to pull together some out of the box ideas that we had for cocktail hour music and let my husband sing a song with them. They really went the extra mile to make the day so special for us and to keep the party going from beginning til end.

Ken · Married on 04/20/2018

This band was wedding-perfect! Great song list, accomplished musicians, vibrant stage personalities, and an innate knowing of how to crank up a party. Fun and professional in every way.

Sara, the founder, leader, and trombone player was friendly and efficient to deal with on the business side, making everything go smoothly for us. I highly recommend Storytellers Band!

Sara · Married on 04/14/2018

I literally cannot say enough amazing things about the Storytellers Band. THEY ARE THE BEST BAND I HAVE EVER SEEN, and I'm not just saying this because it was my wedding (we've been to about 30 weddings in the past 2 year period, alone, and have seen some great bands, but the Storytellers are definitely the best we've seen... case in point - they get a huge crowd dancing at a random bar on a Tuesday night at 11pm in NYC- not easy!).

I was at a wedding as a date in 2014 where the Storytellers played. They were so fantastic, that I sought them out and got their card that night. Fast forward to my engagement in 2017, I pulled out their card, which had been sitting in my bag for 3 years, and told my fiance that I had THE band for us (had not seen them since). They delivered beyond our wildest expectations, both at the wedding, and throughout the planning process.

When choosing a band for our wedding, we operated under the philosophy that a band makes the party - and still believe this to be the case. With that said, we wanted the best band possible for our wedding (and we DEFINITELY got it), so we weren't really thinking about the planning process or coordinating with the band. Lucky for us, we didn't need to worry about this, because working with Sara is a dream. She is friendly, fun, and knows exactly what you need when you need it. I have a number of friends who are also going through the planning process (or recently went through it), who have had much more difficult and stressful experiences, especially when dealing with the larger companies/booking agents who coordinate for bands. Sara does it all - there is no agent or intermediary, which to be 100% honest, makes a huge difference (both in experience and in price!).

Our guests cannot stop talking about the Storytellers and how awesome they are. As you can probably tell, we are enamored with the Storytellers, and cannot recommend them highly enough. Book them now!

John · Married on 01/27/2018

If you're serious about music and want to raise the overall level of your wedding, choose Storytellers. They are absolutely phenomenal and all the guests from our wedding have been raving about them since our special day (no small feat for a group of cynical New Yorkers who have attended tons of weddings)! They're incredibly easy to deal with and extremely professional.

From booking phase, through contract execution, pre-calls for the day-of setup all the way through the performance, they make life very easy. If you're fear of not having a DJ is that you're worried about not hearing the versions of the songs you love, fear not, they play everything perfectly; if not better than the originals. We also opted to additionally use their trio set-up for classical and jazz standards during cocktail hour which worked perfectly. We highly highly recommend them.

Mindy · Married on 01/13/2018

Sara and her team were so easy to work with up to the wedding date. They set up the ceremony, cocktail hour and helped me work through the song list. They answered any and all questions and made my choices STRESS FREE. We were even able to add Travis at the last minute and we are SO happy we did. (IF YOU GET THE CHANCE, ADD TRAVIS!)

January 13, 2018 was our wedding day and the food was great, flowers were beautiful and every detail was in place. But the ONLY thing people still talk about is the band. They played all of our absurd song choices (think I'm Alive by Celine Dion for the recessional!) BEAUTIFULLY and everyone, from our friends, parents friends to the grandparents were on the dance floor from the minute the doors opened. Every song they chose was amazing and it wasn't just one genre. They played it all. I would recommend to not be so particular about song choice and give them a wide range of music. I did NOT want a typical wedding band where they played the same 15 songs, I wanted a FUN party. When the last song played, everyone started cheering "ONE MORE SONG". I've been to over 25 weddings in the last 2 years and that's the ONLY time I've ever seen that. The storytellers immediately started playing another song and no one wanted them to stop!

I COULD NOT HAVE BEEN HAPPIER. THE STORYTELLERS WERE THE BEST CHOICE I MADE FOR OUR WEDDING!!

Annie · Married on 06/03/2017

Stop reading and book this band!!!! The Storytellers undoubtedly made our June wedding and it truly would not have been the same without them. When we first saw the Storytellers at a friend’s wedding, we knew we needed them at ours. Their vibes, energy, chemistry, and talent is a combination that other wedding bands do not have, and believe me we have seen A LOT of wedding bands. From our initial communications with the band, Sara Jacovino was responsive, organized, and easy to talk to, always quick to respond to any questions or concerns we had. We had Storytellers perform at our ceremony, cocktail hour, and main event and they delivered unbelievable sound and excellence at each. Each and every song that we requested was either part of their repertoire or they were able to learn it with no problems or hesitation. In the weeks leading up to our wedding, we were able to communicate with Sara about preferred artists and songs choices, and also request new songs for the band to learn. Sara even surprised us with a song that I told her we loved, but hadn’t asked them to learn. The dance floor was packed the entire night and the Storytellers was able to accommodate interests of each of our guests, young and old. Our guests could not stop commenting how the Storytellers were the best wedding band they have ever seen. Many of our guests even said that if you closed your eyes, you felt like you were at a concert. The band rocked it and we are so thankful that we decided to work with the Storytellers. Not only are they unbelievably talented, but they are an awesome group of people to be around. We love the Storytellers and hope to see them at friend’s weddings in the future.

• jen

jen · Married on 05/20/2017

Best. Band. Ever! We first learned about The Storytellers from our coordinator at our venue and I am so happy we did. From the very beginning. Sara was a true pleasure to work with. She was professional and personable and super responsive and patient with me and my million questions. Our first dance was not on the band's list of songs so they had to learn it for us, and I can honestly say that their version sounded better than the original! The dance floor was filled the entire night and I am still getting texts from people weeks later saying how the band was the best they've ever heard. And I couldn't agree more - they truly made our wedding unforgettable!

Karen · Married on 04/15/2017

Amazing band! Very versatile and energetic! The band leader, Sara, was soooo easy to work with and made the process a delight. They are very reasonably priced and are worth every penny! There should be no doubt in your mind if you want to work with them. Hands down they are AMAZING and guests at our wedding have still been raving at how great they were!!!!!!! You shouldn't even question hiring them!

rosaria · Married on 04/08/2017

Music is a such a key factor in a wedding reception and the Storytellers nailed it. The energy they have is contagious and the whole room was dancing the whole night! They are talented, proffessionals and from the day we booked them to the last song it was seamless!

• User7734537 · 1+ year ago

We got married on January 7th, 2017 and The Storytellers Band ROCKED THE HOUSE.
    All of the hard work and effort that was put into our big day was thoroughly appreciated and definitely noticed. The band just blew us away! The sound, the music, the band's look, the formality dances and the super dance party at the end of the night were all Absolutelty incredible! I loved that we had a different band at our wedding and I we continue to receive emails, texts and phone calls about who the band was. So many guests said to us that the band impressed them so much they wanted to do their own wedding over again and use the storytellers!

We cannot thank them enough for making our vision come true and Absolutelty rock the house all night long. We had very specific requests and taste and they knew exactly how to make it all work. We appreciate all of their time and attention to detail as well as their flexibility.

We couldn't be more thrilled with our choice to use the storytellers on our wedding day! THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Susan · Married on 12/17/2016

The Storytellers Band is amazing!!!! They recently played at our wedding in December 2016 and far exceeded our expectations and truly made our wedding night the most fun incredible party!! Not only are they amazingly talented, they know exactly what songs to play so that every guest is dancing and singing their hearts out the entire night!! The energy of the night was so high and so much fun from beginning to end. I really wish we could do it again!! We did a lot of research on other bands and have been to a ton of weddings and I can honestly say The Storytellers band is the best of the best. They are very professional, accommodating, and work with you on every detail to make sure you are 100% happy. We also had their jazz trio play during cocktail hour which added such a great vibe to the start of the night. We could not be happier that we chose The Storytellers for our wedding - thank you for everything!!!!

Ashley · Married on 10/29/2016

This band is without a doubt the BEST BAND you could hire for any event! Since our wedding in October all of our guests have not stopped raving to us about how much they loved the band and it was obvious as our dance floor was completely packed the entire evening! They were so professional from the very first moment that I contacted them and the bandleader Sara was amazingly accommodating in every way! They went out of their way to learn a few special songs for my ceremony that were personalized for me as well as for the reception. Every detail was considered and at the end of the night I wanted to press rewind and start it all over again! I can only hope one of our friends will hire them we can party with them again but if not, we will absolutely be seeing them at one of their local shows in the city!! The musicians are fantastic and there is such a wire variety of vocals that you get every type of music which was perfect for us since all of our guests had eclectic taste. They got everyone up dancing, no matter the age! THANK YOU AGAIN!

Christina · Married on 10/15/2016

The Storytellers Band was the HIGHLIGHT of our entire wedding. Sara, who handles coordination with the band, was incredibly professional. She was very prompt with all of her e-mails and the band did a great job of capturing the type of music that we love. They appeal to every generation and their repertoire spans from Mariah Carey to Tom Petty-- it's incredible. Our guests can't stop talking about how amazing they were. They also do a great job of really amping up the crowd and making sure everyone dances and there is great energy.

Molly · Married on 10/08/2016

You MUST get this band for your wedding (or any event!) They will absolutely make sure that you have one of the most fun, memorable weddings of all time. We first saw the Storytellers about 2 years ago at a friend's wedding in Greenwich, CT. I am not kidding you, absolutely EVERYONE was on the dance floor the ENTIRE time. I don't think anyone even sat down to eat dinner. Everyone kept commenting on how this one of the most fun weddings because of "that band." Months and years later my husband and I would still randomly bring up "that band" and how fun his wedding was (and we have been to A LOT of weddings - I think we actually went to about 11 weddings that year alone). Flash forward to our engagement, we HAD to book "that band." We contacted his friend to get their information and contacted the Storytellers immediately. I was actually pretty shocked at how affordable they were for a 10-piece band. We actually decided on a wedding date based on their availability (yes - they are THAT good). The Storytellers went above and beyond their reputation at our NYC wedding. Guests kept coming up to us ALL night telling us how amazing the band was. My sister and her boyfriend who are both professional musicians were extremely impressed by them (they were so impressed that they would get off the dance floor to get closer to the stage just to watch them play). There were always tons of people on the dance floor at any given moment. They definitely made the night extremely special. They even learned "Dirty Water" (I'm from Boston :-) for the playlist! By booking the Storytellers, you are ensuring that your wedding will standout. You can't go wrong when you have "that band."

gabrielle · Married on 09/25/2016

You MUST book The Storytellers! My fiance and I heard a couple of bands in NYC before settling on them and they were fantastic. They have a wide range of songs they can sing and they sound AMAZING and everyone literally was raving about them during and even a week after. They read the room during our wedding and was able to cater to all ages where the whole room was dancing. They are responsive to emails as well as special requests and are willing to learn different songs up to 6 weeks in advance of your date. If you are looking for a band to get your guests up and dancing, you have to book The Storytellers!

Robert · Married on 09/23/2016

If you are looking for a wedding band in the tri-state area- look no further, you've found the best. The Storytellers played our wedding this past Friday at the Liberty House and so many people stopped me to say that they were the best wedding band they had ever heard. Sara is incredibly nice and accommodating, she was such a pleasure to work with... and the way she leads the band and keeps the energy going is just amazing. They are so incredibly talented- their core musicians, from bass and guitar and keyboard to horns to that drummer (HOLY CANNOLI this dude is a beast) just wow! And finally- the voices- everyone in this band has pipes! We actually booked them based on a YouTube video we saw with our emcee Melissa singing Lauren Hill, that's how great she is, but EVERYONE in this band can sing great. They have a stable of just incredible voices that can sing everything. Why are you still reading this? Just book em! Congrats. You've just made the best decision of your wedding.