Storytellers NYC Reviews

106 Reviews for Storytellers NYC

• Kristina

Kristina · Getting married on 10/30/2021

Non stop dancing!

Storytellers NYC was a DREAM to work with. They are so detail oriented, yet still flexible if the timeline changes. I worked a wedding with them over the weekend and with time changes and introduction changes, they were willing and ready to make sure the event flowed perfectly. EVERYONE was dancing to them and enjoying themselves. I definitely recommend them for your wedding!

Sent on 07/22/2019
  • Jeff

Jeff L. · Married on 05/08/2020

East Side Stories is the best!

This is for East Side Stories - the Storytellers Sister Band:

We had the East Side Stories Band come rock our wedding (8/17/19) and we couldn't have been happier. We wanted to have a band with both female & male singers, a horn section and a party attitude that would grow the energy with our party crowd. Working with Candace and Sara was super easy - and we relied on a lot of their guidance with song flow and working through their awesome musical options. We had originally picked East Side Stories Band relying on youtube links which is always a little nerve wracking, however after signing our contract we saw one of their live showcases at Red Lion in NYC. Very quickly, even without the full band playing that night, we knew we picked the right band - they had great energy, the ability to play a wide variety of songs and had a bar going wild on a Tuesday evening.

On the day of, from start to finish, they were incredible! They read the crowd so well and played songs they knew would get and keep everyone on the dance floor - there was never a time when no one was dancing when they were playing. They even took to the dance floor while performing, dancing and singing with the crowd (and hit our photo booth during their break) - it was awesome! Their closing number, which they recommended to us, was absolutely incredible and our only regret was that we aren't sure anyone got it on film!

I cannot recommend this band enough - my wife and I did so much research of every band in the tristate area via the internet, including a bunch that were significantly more expensive - they were so perfect I can't imagine anyone else. I look forward to seeing them again at Red Lion and thanking them in person (and I think one of the singers may have a video of the end!). Go with East Side Stories!

Sent on 11/25/2019
  • Megan

Megan · Married on 02/21/2020

The BEST wedding band!!!

My fiancé and I hired The Storytellers for our wedding in February 2020 after seeing them perform at my cousins wedding and could not be happier with our decision! They bring the BEST energy to the room and gave us the amazing dance party we wanted. What’s unique and special about them is the range they have. The lead singers Melissa and Travis are just AMAZING with very powerful voices. But the third singer Qua is also so talented AND is an awesome rapper. The guitar player Emilio sings lead for the rock songs SO well, and the piano player David also kills it on the songs he leads. He sang the Billy Joel song I danced with my dad to and showed so much passion! Together they can offer such a wide variety of songs that I don’t think all wedding style bands are capable of. We’ve received so much positive feedback about them since our wedding and we are just SO happy we hired them to make our day so a dream!

Sent on 03/02/2020

Phil · Married on 12/14/2019

Couldn’t have been happier

Storytellers played at our wedding in December. We cannot say enough good things about them. They were absolutely incredible from start to finish, and if you do not book this band, you are making a huge mistake.

First, they ROCK. They are first class musicians and were so much fun at the wedding. We received endless compliments about them and the crowd was begging them to keep playing at the end of the night. A week later and our friends are still telling us how amazing our band was. They read the audience perfectly and maintained the same high energy through our entire party.

Next, Candace and Sara were a joy to work with leading up to the actual event. The band does not have a separate management company so you work directly with the band, which is a big plus AND keeps the cost of the band down quite a bit. Candace and Sara considered every detail of the evening and guided us perfectly through the planning process. They were extremely proactive, asked a lot of questions, and made it a point to get to know us so that they could cater their performance to our preferences.

We had very specific ideas and visions for the ceremony music, our entrance to the reception, and our first dance, and Storytellers did everything flawlessly. The ceremony music was beautiful and dramatic at all the right moments, the band’s rendition of “Bring Em Out” for our entrance had our guests on their feet before we even entered, and every single song they played throughout the evening just crushed it.

If you are considering booking Storytellers for your wedding, DO IT! Your post-wedding self will thank you :)

Sent on 12/21/2019

Tillie M. · Married on 11/23/2019

Amazing wedding band!

The Storytellers were amazing and unforgettable, and put on the perfect wedding celebration in November of 2019! The band was one of our most important decisions that we focused on, and we definitely made the right choice. First off, it was great that we were able to see the Storytellers perform at the Red Lion in NYC to get a sense of their style and meet some of the band members before we decided on a band. This immediately differentiated them from the usual big wedding band companies that don’t feel as personal. From the start, Candace was incredibly easy to work with, and ensured everything went smoothly leading up to the big day. The band has a huge song list and is very flexible when it comes to crafting the vibe you want for your party. You can go through their list, show them the songs and genres you like, and they’ll even learn some of the special songs for the dances and such. The band really crushed it from start to finish: the pianist greeted our guests on the piano; the guitarist played the cocktail hour beautifully; and the band had everyone up and dancing throughout the entire reception. Everybody, old and young, loved the music, and kept asking us about the band. They do everything – Motown, classic rock, 90s, hip hop, current, you name it. The horn section was a hit, too. We did have a preference for our ideal lineup of singers, but things do sometimes go wrong… one of our singers was sick so we had a last-minute replacement. We were pretty nervous, but she was absolutely incredible. We have zero regrets about choosing the Storytellers and would highly recommend them to anyone in a heartbeat.

Sent on 03/21/2020

Alex M. · Married on 10/19/2019

THE BEST BAND EVER!!!!!!!!!! Everyone should hire them!

The band was super responsive -- we had a lot of back and forth and they understood exactly what we wanted and their performance rocked the house. They learned our entrance songs and first dance songs, which made those moments so much more special. The emcee got everyone on their feet without being the center of attention. Worth. Every. Penny. Our guests raved about the musicianship, the song list and the energy. We danced all night and would hire The Storytellers again every time.

Sent on 11/04/2019

Storytellers NYC's reply:

Alex - thank you so much! We had a blast at your party! I hope we see you at our club shows and concerts! Best wishes!!!! -Sara & Candace
  • Ellen

Ellen · Married on 10/12/2019

Best Band — Book Them!

The band was one of the first vendors we booked for our Brooklyn wedding. Not only was the booking and planning process super easy with The Storytellers Band, their day-of performance was incredible! All of our guests raved about them, and the dance floor was packed with dancers the entire night. Even my mother who was against paying for a live band over a DJ said that it was worth the cost and would do it again for my sister's future wedding. Don't hesitate, just book The Storytellers Band!

Sent on 12/05/2019

Samantha · Married on 09/14/2019

Best Wedding Band!

The Storytellers made our wedding! They were so easy to work with and in our venue. They played exactly what we wanted and every single guest of said that they were the best band they had heard. There was no a single guest who was sitting because they were on the dance floor, which is exactly what we wanted, No one wanted to leave because of the excellent songs and energy from the storytellers. They were truly incredible and we could not have asked for a better band for our incredible day!! HIGHLY suggest and recommend!!

Sent on 12/10/2019
  • Lisa

Lisa J. · Married on 09/07/2019

Best wedding band .. EVER!!!!

We knew the band was the most important decision we’d be making during the wedding planning process, and as such, decided to meet with a few different bands before picking one. Storytellers was the first one we saw, and my now husband, who has an ear for music, knew immediately that they were the real deal. Being a cautious bride, I didn’t want to jump on the first one, so I dragged my then fiancé to see a few more. After each one, we kept saying, “nope, not nearly as good as Storytellers.” So we decided to book Storytellers and let me tell you... best decision we made for our wedding. Sara and Candace (founders) were in constant communication throughout the process and were easy to reach. They were flexible to work with and provided clear documents and Instructions in advance of the wedding so they had all the info they needed from us to deliver exactly what we wanted. Most importantly, on the day of the wedding, from start to finish, the band brought the house down. The ceremony pianist played beautiful music, the duo during the cocktail hour was fantastic, and the band during the wedding literally had people bowing down to them. The reception was outdoors in a tent filled with 200 people and the sound acoustics were PERFECT the whole night. Our MC and lead singer, Thomas, was by far the best wedding singer we’ve ever heard. He held a note during “Superstition” that we’ll never forget the rest of our lives. “Beyond worth every dollar” our parents said. Our guests said “best wedding band We’ve ever seen”. Our friends who are newly engaged already asked for their contact info. It was actually a RAGER, Thomas got onto the dance floor and into the crowd. We couldn’t have dreamt of a wedding band this good — we’ve been to weddings with 45 Riots, Hank Lane, etc and Storytellers take the cake. STOP READING THIS REVIEW AND BOOK THEM NOW. You won’t regret it. Best money we spent on the wedding!!!!

Sent on 09/10/2019
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 06/29/2019

Best band ever!!

These guys are the real deal! The Storytellers played at our wedding at the end of June and were unbelievable! They were so good, there were times I forgot there was an actual live band playing because the songs sounded so amazing! Everyone at our wedding couldn't stop talking about them.
    Sara and Candace were incredibly easy to work with, learned all the songs we requested, and made the whole process so easy. They even provided the guitarist to play at our ceremony and cocktail hour, who was abolsutely incredible.
    Seriously, book this band! You will not regret it!

Sent on 07/18/2019

Storytellers NYC's reply:

Katie! Thank you so much for your awesome review! You were a pleasure to work with and we are truly honored to have been part of your special day! We had a blast playing for you too! What a great party you hosted! Best wishes going forward and I hope to see you at club shows or more weddings! -Candace
  • Kaela

Kaela K. · Married on 06/22/2019

Rockstars !!!

How do I even begin to put into words how amazing The Storytellers were at our wedding? If you’re lucky enough to have them available for your date... book now. A good band was our number one priority and they stole the show. I couldn’t have asked for a more fun party. They knew how to keep people on the dance floor. I wish they could have played all night! Thank you so much Sara and Candace!!!!!!!!

Sent on 07/18/2019

Storytellers NYC's reply:

WOW! Kaela thank you so much for having us entertain! I have to say , your party was a wild one and so much fun for us. I hope to see you at future shows and weddings of friends/family! We're at the Red Lion monthly, so you we hope you might make it out to party with us! Best wishes! -Sara

Edwin H. · Married on 03/08/2019

The best band!

I searched a few weeks looking for a band online for my wedding and when I came across Story Tellers I felt they were a perfect fit with the vibe we were going for. I was a bit nervous as I never seen live until my wedding day and they DELIVERED!!! Everyone commented on how awesome the band was and the great music selection. Sara and Candace were very easy to work with and accommodating to all our input. I would without hesitation book Story Tellers if you're looking for a party!

Sent on 03/14/2019

Dale L. · Married on 01/06/2019

Stop reading - Book Storytellers NYC!

STORYTELLERS rocks the house, brings da funk, raises the roof, gets the groove on and back… all of it! If you read nothing else from this review, just know that if you hire this awesome, creative, talented band, your wedding or event will rock and your guests will dance like they didn’t even know they could! (We’re still getting calls and texts that end, “...and that BAND!”) If you’d like to read on, I will tell you that the Storytellers are an absolute pleasure to work with, very organized and on top of their game, and very fairly and reasonably priced based on my research. Go check them out at one of their club gigs - they are a real band that plays together all the time and I can’t tell you how much it shows. They have such chemistry with each other and facility with creating a setlist on the fly, reading the room to build the perfect party. They are not only incredible musicians, but also “music nerds” in their breadth of knowledge and taste, so you can really customize your experience. They will even learn some new songs and let you pick “please plays” and “don’t plays” though my advice to you is to TRUST THE STORYTELLERS - they know how to bring the party!

Sent on 01/21/2019

Robert D. · Married on 12/30/2018

The Storytellers Rocked Our Wedding!

The Storytellers absolutely rocked our wedding! We couldn’t be happier with the talent, song selection, and overall ability to to inspire our family and friends to get loose and dance! Everyone I spoke with told me that the band was awesome! They brought the fun and my wife and I are so appreciative! Working with Sara and Candace up until the wedding was very pleasant and confidence inspiring. They’re clearly highly experienced professionals that are detail oriented. They’re flexible and accommodating and ensure you have everything in order prior to the event. Wedding planning can be hectic and some vendors can be flaky but the Storytellers were a constant. We were confident with them all the way through. Thank you again Storytellers for shiningto help make our wedding day extraordinarily special. Such a blast! A very grateful couple.

Sent on 01/15/2019

Storytellers NYC's reply:

Robert & Joanna! Your wedding was so much fun! We hope to see you out at our club shows and concerts! Thank you for having us entertain, we are truly honored! -Candace

Jen · Married on 10/20/2018

Such a fun band!

The Storytellers are a super talented, fun, and professional band! The planning process was smooth and organized and the dance floor at the reception was packed. Best decision we made!

Sent on 02/24/2019

Megan · Married on 10/07/2018

Cannot believe how good this band is!

From the moment we started planning our wedding the most important thing to us was the band. We wanted to make sure that everyone was up on the dance floor the whole night and we have friends who are professional musicians so we knew our band had to have chops. So, we spent a lot of time researching different groups and going with the Storytellers was the best decision we could have made. They have an amazing sound, are great performers, are incredibly versatile and were a pleasure to work with. They had our crowd dancing for two straight hours and at the end of the night when the party was supposed to be over no one wanted it to end. If you want a wedding that people will remember because of how much fun they had dancing and how good the music was, hire the Storytellers!

Sent on 03/03/2019

Christin · Married on 08/11/2018

DJ versus Band was one of the few decisions my now husband and I didn’t initially see eye to eye on. I love live music and have been to many a wedding where the energy of the event is elevated significantly by the band. My husband was concerned that a band would limit us in terms of song choice. I promised him we could find a band with the talent to play virtually everything he wanted to hear. When we read the excellent accolades for The Storytellers, then saw their extensive song catalogue, watched their online videos and eventually saw them perform live at The Red Lion, he was convinced without a doubt they’d exceed ours and our guests expectations. They were absolutely one of our favorite vendors to deal with leading up to the big day. Very organized, responsive and helpful. We needed a lot of guidance with our event timeline - both Sara and Candice were considerate of our needs and assisted with adjustments and suggestions. Our guests were blown away! Throughout the night and in the subsequent weeks many of our guests have raved about The Storytellers. Our wedding turned into a huge dance party. They are not only endlessly talented but you can tell they genuinely love what they do and that joy is contagious. Thank you so much Storytellers! -Christin & Casey

Sent on 09/13/2018

Storytellers NYC's reply:

Hello Christin & Casey - thank you so much for your review! We had a blast at your wedding! Best wishes! -Sara

Katherine · Married on 07/21/2018

The Storytellers are absolutely incredible!! They made our whole day too amazing to even put into words. They played a great mix of songs that kept everyone dancing all night long and they learned multiple special requests for us. We even asked them to learn a song for us to dance with our 94 and 96 year-old grandmothers (depending on how they were feeling!) It ended up being one of the most special moments of the night! In addition to the entire dance floor being packed all night - they also played during cocktail hour and played all of our ceremony music. They were beyond outstanding in every aspect of the day! Sara and Candace were an absolute dream to work with and made every step of the way easy and enjoyable. The Storytellers are so talented, so much fun, so easy to work with - people are still talking about how great our wedding band was!!! Book them now!!!

Sent on 09/24/2018
  • Rachel

Rachel · Married on 07/13/2018

I really can’t properly put into words how hands-down incredible the Storytellers really are. As soon as I got engaged and started doing research, I had my heart set on them - so much so - that I chose my wedding date based on their availability. To this day, almost a month later, people are still talking about how incredible the band at our wedding was and how they did not stop dancing the entire night. I remember looking around and seeing not a single person sitting down after dinner all night - so many people mentioned never seeing a dance floor that packed at any wedding they’ve been to! To top it all off, Sara was a dream to work with every step of the way, reassuring me of all my worries and being super accommodating with everything - even when my dad wanted to change something last minute with introductions. If you're like me and my husband, and want the best band for your wedding, the Storytellers are worth every penny! Having a live band was our top priority and we decided to compromise elsewhere and go all in with the Storytellers. I can't say enough good things about this band and their professionalism, sound, crew, and musicians. It was the perfect night thanks to them! We LOVE you guys!!!

Sent on 08/07/2018

K · Married on 06/30/2018

I heard The Storytellers perform at a friend's wedding several years before my wedding and I knew from that moment I wanted to hire them. This was one of the best decisions I made. Guests are still raving about our wedding band. People were on the dance floor all night. They worked tirelessly to keep the energy going. I would without a doubt recommend them to anyone planning a wedding. In addition to their musical ability they were extremely professional and prompt at responding to questions.

Sent on 07/22/2018

Caitlin · Married on 06/15/2018

The Storytellers absolutely rocked our wedding! Countless wedding guests came up to us with compliments. They did a great job reading the party and understanding when guests wanted to dance vs. enjoy cocktail conversation. Outstanding job!

Sent on 07/23/2018

Paola · Married on 05/18/2018

If you want to host an event where guests dance the entire time, hire Storytellers.

I hired the band for my wedding and could not have been more pleased. The band is so talented and guests danced from the moment the music started to the end of the party.

The band performed a great mix of oldies, Motown and pop that appealed to everyone.

Sara and Candace were very professional, organized, responsive and a pleasure to work with.

I would highly recommend Storytellers for any event.

Sent on 05/20/2018

Katie · Married on 05/12/2018

The Storytellers were absolutely epic at our wedding last month. Sara was such a pleasure to work with and made the process so easy. She was kind enough to make some last minute changes for us and everything was so organized which was very much appreciated! We're still getting compliments about how fun the wedding was and how fast the night went thanks to the Storytellers. They read the room and atmosphere so well, keeping the dance floor packed and the energy up at all the right moments. Don't second guess or look any further...book them!! You won't regret it :D

Sent on 06/04/2018

Marcia · Married on 04/21/2018

Storytellers played at my son & (now) daughter-in-law's reception 2 weeks ago - I'd give them 10 stars if I could! They were phenomenal! I'd think I would sit down for a song or two, and just couldn't do it. Every single person in the band - singers & instrumentalists - were perfect. I have a huge love of horns in a band and they were incredible. The variety of songs was so much fun. The Storytellers band was the icing on the cake of a spectacular wedding & reception.

Sent on 05/05/2018

Storytellers NYC's reply:

Marcia - thank you so much! We had a blast, you all were a crazy fun group! You all were the perfect guests, I could hear you all singing along so loudly, it almost drowned out the band! That was impressive and so fun! Thanks again and congrats on having a great wedding event for your son! -SAra

Deana · Married on 04/20/2018

Such an amazing band. Every single guest was raving about them from the very first song that they played until the very last. They even managed to pull together some out of the box ideas that we had for cocktail hour music and let my husband sing a song with them. They really went the extra mile to make the day so special for us and to keep the party going from beginning til end.

Sent on 04/23/2018