Storytellers NYC Reviews

98 Reviews for Storytellers NYC

• Kristina

Kristina · Getting married on 10/24/2020

Non stop dancing!

Storytellers NYC was a DREAM to work with. They are so detail oriented, yet still flexible if the timeline changes. I worked a wedding with them over the weekend and with time changes and introduction changes, they were willing and ready to make sure the event flowed perfectly. EVERYONE was dancing to them and enjoying themselves. I definitely recommend them for your wedding!

Sent on 07/22/2019
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 06/29/2019

Best band ever!!

These guys are the real deal! The Storytellers played at our wedding at the end of June and were unbelievable! They were so good, there were times I forgot there was an actual live band playing because the songs sounded so amazing! Everyone at our wedding couldn't stop talking about them.
    Sara and Candace were incredibly easy to work with, learned all the songs we requested, and made the whole process so easy. They even provided the guitarist to play at our ceremony and cocktail hour, who was abolsutely incredible.
    Seriously, book this band! You will not regret it!

Sent on 07/18/2019

Kaela Kennedy · Married on 06/22/2019

Rockstars !!!

How do I even begin to put into words how amazing The Storytellers were at our wedding? If you’re lucky enough to have them available for your date... book now. A good band was our number one priority and they stole the show. I couldn’t have asked for a more fun party. They knew how to keep people on the dance floor. I wish they could have played all night! Thank you so much Sara and Candace!!!!!!!!

Sent on 07/18/2019

Storytellers NYC's reply:

WOW! Kaela thank you so much for having us entertain! I have to say , your party was a wild one and so much fun for us. I hope to see you at future shows and weddings of friends/family! We're at the Red Lion monthly, so you we hope you might make it out to party with us! Best wishes! -Sara

Edwin Huen · Married on 03/08/2019

The best band!

I searched a few weeks looking for a band online for my wedding and when I came across Story Tellers I felt they were a perfect fit with the vibe we were going for. I was a bit nervous as I never seen live until my wedding day and they DELIVERED!!! Everyone commented on how awesome the band was and the great music selection. Sara and Candace were very easy to work with and accommodating to all our input. I would without hesitation book Story Tellers if you're looking for a party!

Sent on 03/14/2019

Robert Defina · Married on 12/30/2018

The Storytellers Rocked Our Wedding!

The Storytellers absolutely rocked our wedding! We couldn’t be happier with the talent, song selection, and overall ability to to inspire our family and friends to get loose and dance! Everyone I spoke with told me that the band was awesome! They brought the fun and my wife and I are so appreciative! Working with Sara and Candace up until the wedding was very pleasant and confidence inspiring. They’re clearly highly experienced professionals that are detail oriented. They’re flexible and accommodating and ensure you have everything in order prior to the event. Wedding planning can be hectic and some vendors can be flaky but the Storytellers were a constant. We were confident with them all the way through. Thank you again Storytellers for shiningto help make our wedding day extraordinarily special. Such a blast! A very grateful couple.

Sent on 01/15/2019

Storytellers NYC's reply:

Robert & Joanna! Your wedding was so much fun! We hope to see you out at our club shows and concerts! Thank you for having us entertain, we are truly honored! -Candace

Jen M · Married on 10/20/2018

Such a fun band!

The Storytellers are a super talented, fun, and professional band! The planning process was smooth and organized and the dance floor at the reception was packed. Best decision we made!

Sent on 02/24/2019

Megan · Married on 10/07/2018

Cannot believe how good this band is!

From the moment we started planning our wedding the most important thing to us was the band. We wanted to make sure that everyone was up on the dance floor the whole night and we have friends who are professional musicians so we knew our band had to have chops. So, we spent a lot of time researching different groups and going with the Storytellers was the best decision we could have made. They have an amazing sound, are great performers, are incredibly versatile and were a pleasure to work with. They had our crowd dancing for two straight hours and at the end of the night when the party was supposed to be over no one wanted it to end. If you want a wedding that people will remember because of how much fun they had dancing and how good the music was, hire the Storytellers!

Sent on 03/03/2019

Christin · Married on 08/11/2018

DJ versus Band was one of the few decisions my now husband and I didn’t initially see eye to eye on. I love live music and have been to many a wedding where the energy of the event is elevated significantly by the band. My husband was concerned that a band would limit us in terms of song choice. I promised him we could find a band with the talent to play virtually everything he wanted to hear. When we read the excellent accolades for The Storytellers, then saw their extensive song catalogue, watched their online videos and eventually saw them perform live at The Red Lion, he was convinced without a doubt they’d exceed ours and our guests expectations. They were absolutely one of our favorite vendors to deal with leading up to the big day. Very organized, responsive and helpful. We needed a lot of guidance with our event timeline - both Sara and Candice were considerate of our needs and assisted with adjustments and suggestions. Our guests were blown away! Throughout the night and in the subsequent weeks many of our guests have raved about The Storytellers. Our wedding turned into a huge dance party. They are not only endlessly talented but you can tell they genuinely love what they do and that joy is contagious. Thank you so much Storytellers! -Christin & Casey

Sent on 09/13/2018

Storytellers NYC's reply:

Hello Christin & Casey - thank you so much for your review! We had a blast at your wedding! Best wishes! -Sara

Katherine · Married on 07/21/2018

The Storytellers are absolutely incredible!! They made our whole day too amazing to even put into words. They played a great mix of songs that kept everyone dancing all night long and they learned multiple special requests for us. We even asked them to learn a song for us to dance with our 94 and 96 year-old grandmothers (depending on how they were feeling!) It ended up being one of the most special moments of the night! In addition to the entire dance floor being packed all night - they also played during cocktail hour and played all of our ceremony music. They were beyond outstanding in every aspect of the day! Sara and Candace were an absolute dream to work with and made every step of the way easy and enjoyable. The Storytellers are so talented, so much fun, so easy to work with - people are still talking about how great our wedding band was!!! Book them now!!!

Sent on 09/24/2018
  • Rachel

Rachel · Married on 07/13/2018

I really can’t properly put into words how hands-down incredible the Storytellers really are. As soon as I got engaged and started doing research, I had my heart set on them - so much so - that I chose my wedding date based on their availability. To this day, almost a month later, people are still talking about how incredible the band at our wedding was and how they did not stop dancing the entire night. I remember looking around and seeing not a single person sitting down after dinner all night - so many people mentioned never seeing a dance floor that packed at any wedding they’ve been to! To top it all off, Sara was a dream to work with every step of the way, reassuring me of all my worries and being super accommodating with everything - even when my dad wanted to change something last minute with introductions. If you're like me and my husband, and want the best band for your wedding, the Storytellers are worth every penny! Having a live band was our top priority and we decided to compromise elsewhere and go all in with the Storytellers. I can't say enough good things about this band and their professionalism, sound, crew, and musicians. It was the perfect night thanks to them! We LOVE you guys!!!

Sent on 08/07/2018

K · Married on 06/30/2018

I heard The Storytellers perform at a friend's wedding several years before my wedding and I knew from that moment I wanted to hire them. This was one of the best decisions I made. Guests are still raving about our wedding band. People were on the dance floor all night. They worked tirelessly to keep the energy going. I would without a doubt recommend them to anyone planning a wedding. In addition to their musical ability they were extremely professional and prompt at responding to questions.

Sent on 07/22/2018

Caitlin · Married on 06/15/2018

The Storytellers absolutely rocked our wedding! Countless wedding guests came up to us with compliments. They did a great job reading the party and understanding when guests wanted to dance vs. enjoy cocktail conversation. Outstanding job!

Sent on 07/23/2018

Paola · Married on 05/18/2018

If you want to host an event where guests dance the entire time, hire Storytellers.

I hired the band for my wedding and could not have been more pleased. The band is so talented and guests danced from the moment the music started to the end of the party.

The band performed a great mix of oldies, Motown and pop that appealed to everyone.

Sara and Candace were very professional, organized, responsive and a pleasure to work with.

I would highly recommend Storytellers for any event.

Sent on 05/20/2018

Katie · Married on 05/12/2018

The Storytellers were absolutely epic at our wedding last month. Sara was such a pleasure to work with and made the process so easy. She was kind enough to make some last minute changes for us and everything was so organized which was very much appreciated! We're still getting compliments about how fun the wedding was and how fast the night went thanks to the Storytellers. They read the room and atmosphere so well, keeping the dance floor packed and the energy up at all the right moments. Don't second guess or look any further...book them!! You won't regret it :D

Sent on 06/04/2018

Marcia · Married on 04/21/2018

Storytellers played at my son & (now) daughter-in-law's reception 2 weeks ago - I'd give them 10 stars if I could! They were phenomenal! I'd think I would sit down for a song or two, and just couldn't do it. Every single person in the band - singers & instrumentalists - were perfect. I have a huge love of horns in a band and they were incredible. The variety of songs was so much fun. The Storytellers band was the icing on the cake of a spectacular wedding & reception.

Sent on 05/05/2018

Storytellers NYC's reply:

Marcia - thank you so much! We had a blast, you all were a crazy fun group! You all were the perfect guests, I could hear you all singing along so loudly, it almost drowned out the band! That was impressive and so fun! Thanks again and congrats on having a great wedding event for your son! -SAra

Deana · Married on 04/20/2018

Such an amazing band. Every single guest was raving about them from the very first song that they played until the very last. They even managed to pull together some out of the box ideas that we had for cocktail hour music and let my husband sing a song with them. They really went the extra mile to make the day so special for us and to keep the party going from beginning til end.

Sent on 04/23/2018

Ken · Married on 04/20/2018

This band was wedding-perfect! Great song list, accomplished musicians, vibrant stage personalities, and an innate knowing of how to crank up a party. Fun and professional in every way.

Sara, the founder, leader, and trombone player was friendly and efficient to deal with on the business side, making everything go smoothly for us. I highly recommend Storytellers Band!

Sent on 04/25/2018

Sara · Married on 04/14/2018

I literally cannot say enough amazing things about the Storytellers Band. THEY ARE THE BEST BAND I HAVE EVER SEEN, and I'm not just saying this because it was my wedding (we've been to about 30 weddings in the past 2 year period, alone, and have seen some great bands, but the Storytellers are definitely the best we've seen... case in point - they get a huge crowd dancing at a random bar on a Tuesday night at 11pm in NYC- not easy!).

I was at a wedding as a date in 2014 where the Storytellers played. They were so fantastic, that I sought them out and got their card that night. Fast forward to my engagement in 2017, I pulled out their card, which had been sitting in my bag for 3 years, and told my fiance that I had THE band for us (had not seen them since). They delivered beyond our wildest expectations, both at the wedding, and throughout the planning process.

When choosing a band for our wedding, we operated under the philosophy that a band makes the party - and still believe this to be the case. With that said, we wanted the best band possible for our wedding (and we DEFINITELY got it), so we weren't really thinking about the planning process or coordinating with the band. Lucky for us, we didn't need to worry about this, because working with Sara is a dream. She is friendly, fun, and knows exactly what you need when you need it. I have a number of friends who are also going through the planning process (or recently went through it), who have had much more difficult and stressful experiences, especially when dealing with the larger companies/booking agents who coordinate for bands. Sara does it all - there is no agent or intermediary, which to be 100% honest, makes a huge difference (both in experience and in price!).

Our guests cannot stop talking about the Storytellers and how awesome they are. As you can probably tell, we are enamored with the Storytellers, and cannot recommend them highly enough. Book them now!

Sent on 04/19/2018

John · Married on 01/27/2018

If you're serious about music and want to raise the overall level of your wedding, choose Storytellers. They are absolutely phenomenal and all the guests from our wedding have been raving about them since our special day (no small feat for a group of cynical New Yorkers who have attended tons of weddings)! They're incredibly easy to deal with and extremely professional.

From booking phase, through contract execution, pre-calls for the day-of setup all the way through the performance, they make life very easy. If you're fear of not having a DJ is that you're worried about not hearing the versions of the songs you love, fear not, they play everything perfectly; if not better than the originals. We also opted to additionally use their trio set-up for classical and jazz standards during cocktail hour which worked perfectly. We highly highly recommend them.

Sent on 02/07/2018

Mindy · Married on 01/13/2018

Sara and her team were so easy to work with up to the wedding date. They set up the ceremony, cocktail hour and helped me work through the song list. They answered any and all questions and made my choices STRESS FREE. We were even able to add Travis at the last minute and we are SO happy we did. (IF YOU GET THE CHANCE, ADD TRAVIS!)

January 13, 2018 was our wedding day and the food was great, flowers were beautiful and every detail was in place. But the ONLY thing people still talk about is the band. They played all of our absurd song choices (think I'm Alive by Celine Dion for the recessional!) BEAUTIFULLY and everyone, from our friends, parents friends to the grandparents were on the dance floor from the minute the doors opened. Every song they chose was amazing and it wasn't just one genre. They played it all. I would recommend to not be so particular about song choice and give them a wide range of music. I did NOT want a typical wedding band where they played the same 15 songs, I wanted a FUN party. When the last song played, everyone started cheering "ONE MORE SONG". I've been to over 25 weddings in the last 2 years and that's the ONLY time I've ever seen that. The storytellers immediately started playing another song and no one wanted them to stop!

I COULD NOT HAVE BEEN HAPPIER. THE STORYTELLERS WERE THE BEST CHOICE I MADE FOR OUR WEDDING!!

Sent on 01/31/2018

Cindy · event on 06/09/2017

Storytellers was excellent! I wasn't sure if my employees would dance, however, the variety of music and Storyteller's sound was incredible. We have an eclectic group of people and they played the crowd perfectly. The manager, Sara, was very easy to work with. I would book them again in a heartbeat.

Sent on 07/10/2017

Annie · Married on 06/03/2017

Stop reading and book this band!!!! The Storytellers undoubtedly made our June wedding and it truly would not have been the same without them. When we first saw the Storytellers at a friend’s wedding, we knew we needed them at ours. Their vibes, energy, chemistry, and talent is a combination that other wedding bands do not have, and believe me we have seen A LOT of wedding bands. From our initial communications with the band, Sara Jacovino was responsive, organized, and easy to talk to, always quick to respond to any questions or concerns we had. We had Storytellers perform at our ceremony, cocktail hour, and main event and they delivered unbelievable sound and excellence at each. Each and every song that we requested was either part of their repertoire or they were able to learn it with no problems or hesitation. In the weeks leading up to our wedding, we were able to communicate with Sara about preferred artists and songs choices, and also request new songs for the band to learn. Sara even surprised us with a song that I told her we loved, but hadn’t asked them to learn. The dance floor was packed the entire night and the Storytellers was able to accommodate interests of each of our guests, young and old. Our guests could not stop commenting how the Storytellers were the best wedding band they have ever seen. Many of our guests even said that if you closed your eyes, you felt like you were at a concert. The band rocked it and we are so thankful that we decided to work with the Storytellers. Not only are they unbelievably talented, but they are an awesome group of people to be around. We love the Storytellers and hope to see them at friend’s weddings in the future.

Sent on 08/24/2017
  • jen

jen · Married on 05/20/2017

Best. Band. Ever! We first learned about The Storytellers from our coordinator at our venue and I am so happy we did. From the very beginning. Sara was a true pleasure to work with. She was professional and personable and super responsive and patient with me and my million questions. Our first dance was not on the band's list of songs so they had to learn it for us, and I can honestly say that their version sounded better than the original! The dance floor was filled the entire night and I am still getting texts from people weeks later saying how the band was the best they've ever heard. And I couldn't agree more - they truly made our wedding unforgettable!

Sent on 06/05/2017

Karen · Married on 04/15/2017

Amazing band! Very versatile and energetic! The band leader, Sara, was soooo easy to work with and made the process a delight. They are very reasonably priced and are worth every penny! There should be no doubt in your mind if you want to work with them. Hands down they are AMAZING and guests at our wedding have still been raving at how great they were!!!!!!! You shouldn't even question hiring them!

Sent on 06/04/2017