Stony Point Hall Reviews

24 | Baldwin City, KS

24 Reviews for Stony Point Hall

Sara · Married on 05/02/2015

Stony Point Hall is the perfect place for your wedding. I was absolutely set on a venue that would cater to my DIY attitude and smaller budget, and Stony Point Hall is that and more. Lucretia was incredibly helpful from beginning to end, recommending ideas (everything from decoration to great photography spots on the property), our officiant and ways to save money here and there. Possibly the best thing for us was the store room on site that carries various decorations – perfect for those little last minute things that you will ultimately forget about. I had glass clusters for centerpieces, and I was able to run up to the stock groom and grab small additions to really help fill them out.
    We loved having access to the historic barn on site for bride and groom photos, and the field next to the site gave us some beautiful sunset shots. The property offered so many different photo ops, we didn’t have to leave to take any of our wedding party photos – all were on site and they still came out looking varied and unique.
    Stony Point will set up your tables and chairs, and that is a huge help. We invited about 175 people (around 100 showed up), and we were able to strike tables and chairs to allow more room up until the morning of.
    We were very budget conscious for our wedding, and Stony Point was the best value we could find. We had access to the site the night before, which allowed for rehearsal at the venue plus dinner plus decorating, and we had the site 8am – 1am day of – which was something I could not find in Kansas City for the price Stony Point offered.
    I am so happy with my experience with Stony Point Hall. It was affordable, stress free, and let us be out in the country without being too far from civilization (The wedding party stayed in Baldwin City – a five minute drive from the venue). Lucretia was amazing – so helpful and always available for questions and concerns. You will not be disappointed with this venue!

Sent on 06/21/2015

B · Married on 03/21/2015

Lucretia is a total pro. This venue was a joy to work with. I loved the country setting, and Lucretia has set it up to be a wonderful place for getting ready and taking pictures. The scenery is picturesque, and she's got a number of places to go take photos beforehand. There's also a great little space for getting ready beforehand. Also, the venue is totally affordable! She supplies anything you need, like linens or rentals. She's got loads of decorations. Also, the decor inside is already pretty cool and requires minimal decorations. I would totally recommend her to anyone who asked!

Sent on 04/17/2015

Janel · Married on 07/18/2014

I've dreamed of having my wedding here since I was a little girl. When we were able to make it work I was over the moon! The owners were very helpful during every phase of the planning. My husband and I have a helicopter pilot as a friend and he wanted to take us away after the reception. We were able to work it out with the owners and the surrounding neighbors. They also set up all our chairs and tables for us, but gave us the space to do our own set up as well. The venue is exquisite and I would love to go back to that day.

Sent on 02/10/2015

Kayla · Married on 05/31/2014

Lucretia was absolutely amazing to work with. So helpful with anything we needed and very flexible. Everything worked out wonderful. Everybody loved the venue and it was such a fantastic time. I would do it all over again in a heartbeat! Anybody getting married around Topeka/Lawrence area should get married there, just made our day fabulous. Nothing went wrong on wedding day. It was an amazing day.

Sent on 08/26/2014

I cannot say enough good things about Stony Point! Everyone we worked with, including the crew that cleaned up, were incredibly nice. It is rare to find a venue with a unique quality, ceremony space on-site, and only have to pick up your trash at the end of the night (our parents loved that part)! As a laid-back and simply bride, I appreciated the built-in decor. The grounds are gorgeous year round and the venue is very easy to decorate.

Sent on 12/03/2013

Reilly · Married on 06/22/2013

Besides Stony Point being a beautiful venue, the service that was provided was very professional. Lucretia and Russ were very welcoming and incredibly responsive. They went above and beyond any expectations that I had. Both of them were very helpful throughout the duration of the event, and were flexible with our scheduling needs. Not only was Lucretia available the day of our event, but she was helpful throughout the planning process even with parts of our event that didn't require her assistance. Stony Point Hall made our special day absolutely wonderful and I couldn't thank them enough! The ceremony and reception went very smoothly in large part due to the staff at Stony Point Hall. Words cannot adequately express our gratitude towards the staff and owner's of Stony Point Hall!

Sent on 06/23/2013

Jessica · Married on 05/18/2013

We had our reception here, following a destination wedding. Lucretia is great to work with and the place is beautiful.

Sent on 06/17/2013

Heather · Married on 05/28/2011

The staff at Stony Point was absolutely fantastic! Unexpected rain caused us to move our ceremony inside and everyone was WONDERFUL at making the change seamlessly! Very easy to work with and helped make our day magical :)

Sent on 07/19/2011

Julian · Married on 04/30/2011

The overall service provided by the owners and staff of Stony Point Hall was excellent. All of our needs (throughout the reception and the ceremony) were adequately met and often exceeded.

The owners were very willing to take on additional responsibilities during the ceremony, such as assisting the catering staff and the wedding party. They showed great flexibility and willingness to put the customer first by remaining nearby, in case any problems arose during the ceremony and the reception.

I was very pleased with the overall appearance and cleanliness of the facility -- inside and out. The landscaping created a very nice environment for the ceremony and the lawn was very well maintained. The restrooms were very clean, and the equipment in the kitchen was clean and in good working order.

Overall, I was very pleased with my experience at Stony Point Hall. The level of customer service exceeded my expectations, and the facility was immaculately kept. I would feel very comfortable recommending this facility to anyone, for any type of wedding.

Sent on 07/13/2011

Kelli · Married on 04/30/2011

Stony Point was AMAZING!!!! I had so many compliments from my guests on what a beautiful and unique facility it was. From the outdoor ceremony site to the awesome bathrooms I fell in love with everything. The owners were very kind, helpful and easy to work with. I cannot recommend it enough!!!!!

Sent on 07/20/2011

jennifer · Married on 04/02/2011

My husband and I were so lucky to have such wonderful people to work with at Stoney Point Hall. We had an wonderful experience with them. I would highly recommend Stoney Point Hall!

Sent on 07/19/2011

Sarah · Married on 03/26/2011

I knew that Stony Point Hall was exactly where I wanted to have my reception from the moment I was engaged. This place is absolutely exquisite! My wedding was on a cold, rainy day, but this place made all the difference. It has a warm, friendly, family-like atmosphere that greets you as soon as you open the doors. Russ and Lucretia are fantastic! They are willing to help any way they can to make sure your day is as perfect as you imagined. The hall really brought my reception to life in every way possible. I would recommend it to anyone.

Sent on 07/12/2011
  • ErinLyn

Erin · Married on 03/20/2010

Beautiful location in Baldwin City, KS. We had our reception here, but they also have an outdoor ceremony venue. The facilicity is privately owned and they are making updates to the venue all the time. We were able to bring in our own caterer and all other services. Please go check this place out!

Sent on 03/26/2010

John · Married on 10/04/2008

I discovered Stony Point Hall through word of mouth before they had even finished laying the grass down. My wife and I went to see the venue and loved it. Russ and Lucretia were very easy to work with. Stony Point Hall takes a simple approach to their business that affords you all the flexibility you could ever want in a venue. They provide the space, and you do with it what you want. I found way too many venues that told me who I had to use for catering, what beer and wine I had to buy from them, etc. If you are looking for a one stop shop, Stony Point hall may not be it, but it you are looking for a venue that will allow you to make your wedding your own. This is the place! I should mention that it looks like they have increased their available rental items, but if I had to wager a bet, I doubt they will require you to get anything from them.

The grounds are gorgeous. There are lots of old farm buildings and equipment, as well as numerous pathways through beautiful wooded landscape. We had a blast with out photographer (Matt Frye - One Tree Photography) on the grounds of Stony Point.

Russ and Lucretia are good, honest, people who love what they do. Go meet them and see the hall, and you'll be sold.

Sent on 02/14/2010

Kristin · Married on 06/05/2011

My husband and I got married June of 2010 at Stony Point Hall and we could not have asked for a better experience! The owners of the place were so friendly and helpful with anything that we had questions about. I know that I contacted them several different times to ask if I could bring different family members out to the place to show them around and each and every time they were more than helpful and willing to let whom ever come and check the place out. Overall the quality of service was amaizing!!

Sent on 07/11/2011

She was so friendly and helpful and made the decision to make this our venue so easy.
    Everything looked great for the wedding and she was amazing to work with. Very laid back and down to earth.
    The venue and scenery was beautiful and made pictures so easy and they look awesome!

Sent on 09/04/2014

Russ and Lucretia are good honest folks that were great to work with. Lucretia is so professional and helpful during the planning process and the day of the event. The evening event managers were so easy-going, delightful and helpful in getting the hall cleaned up. Our guests were so amazed at the lovely, unique venue. It reflected the warm, friendly, country atmosphere that the bride and groom wanted. The Stony Point Hall website has improved, but doesn't quite show off the quantity of amazing rental items so conveniently available at this location. Go check this venue out for weddings or any other event.

Sent on 03/12/2015

Angela · Married on 11/06/2010

We chose this place for it's eco friendliness and natural beauty. What we got from it was a wonderful stress free day with spectacular compliments and memories. Our requests were always greeted with respect and they are amazingly accommodating. Oh, and did I mention that this was extremely affordable?

Thank you Stony Point for letting us have such amazing memories with you!

Danielle · Married on 10/16/2010

Stony Point Hall is the total package when it comes to venues. It was affordable, BEAUTIFUL, and Russ and Lucretia were awesome! They helped me with little details I had forgetten and made sure things went smoothly. I still get compliments to this day on having our wedding at this venue. It truly was the perfect day and it wouldn't have been possible without Stony Point Hall!! Great picture opportunities too!

Sent on 07/11/2011

If you are looking for an amazing rustic venue this is it!! Beautiful country setting with alot to offer! Tons of extras set ups for picture opportunities. A must see location! The owners are extremely flexible and friendly.
    Things to note:
    -While it can fit 300 people, I'd keep it under 250 so everyone comfortable.
    -You can bring in any vendor you want, no restrictions.
    -They have a ton of items to rent and even some decorations that you can use for free! Just ask!
    -You can bring in your own alcohol and so can your guests! We supplied beer and soft drinks, and let everyone know if they wanted something more they could bring it. BIG money saver!
    -It is out in the country, be sure to let your guests know that! And it might be a good idea to have transportation lined up for the guests!

Sent on 09/01/2015
  • User4461996 · 2+ years ago

Beautiful! Open to whatever the couple wants and all for a great deal!

Sent on 12/05/2014

Angela · Married on 08/07/2009

We LOVED getting married at Stony Point. It was that outdoorsy-farm atmosphere that was precisely what I was looking for. Russ and Lucretia were GREAT to work with. If I had it to do all over again, I would do it the same way!

Sent on 08/31/2009

Sarah · Married on 11/21/2015

2.8
      2.5
      2.5
      2.0
      3.0

We just got married here on November 21, 2015. At first I was really happy with everything. The staff was great, friendly and seemed helpful. I could come out the Friday before to have my rehearsal dinner and start decorating! 31 days before my wedding, she tells me a sorority has booked the Friday night before my event. Not only did that mean I couldn't have my rehearsal dinner there, but I couldn't decorate! The owner suggested I come out the morning of my wedding to decorate. She wanted my bridesmaids, groomsmen and the bride and groom to decorate the venue THE MORNING OF OUR WEDDING. I was furious and told her that we've had her place booked for over a year, we have seniority and I've already sent out the invitations for the dinner. She then agreed to have them work around us.
    So my rehearsal dinner became pizza at my MOH's house or BBQ at the bride and groom's house. I didn't even get to have dinner with my groom or my family... AND I am out the postage I spent for the rehearsal dinner invitations.
    The morning of my wedding my groom and his groomsmen were supposed to have a nice leisurely day. No, they had to haul in all the stuff to decorate the venue, bright and early. I had to leave our vision of how we wanted this event to look in the hands of 9 men.... They tried, and did great for a bunch of men, but I, the bride needed to be there. But because the owner over booked us, I couldn't be there and my groom didn't enjoy the morning of his wedding. The venue itself is wonderful, the staff was friendly but I am extremely upset over being over booked. It was unprofessional and it caused a lot of stress. I am STILL upset about it. My wedding day was supposed to be perfect and it simply wasn't because I didn't get the chance to even be apart of the set up, which had been my dream for over a year. All that planning and buying and coordinating was ripped away from me because the owner wanted another $1500+ for that weekend.

Sent on 01/09/2016