Steve Koo Photography Reviews

54 Reviews for Steve Koo Photography

1 User photo

Steve Koo Photography 1

Emily Herbick · Married on 11/24/2018

Best Wedding Photographer Ever!

Steve Koo is an amazing photographer who truly captured our big day in the best way possible. He is very patient, kind and responsive. We loved his journalistic style of photography and how he was able to capture all our biggest moments in interesting and unique ways. The photos were beautiful. We will cherish them forever and cannot thank Steve enough! I would highly recommend Steve for wedding photography.

Sent on 04/15/2019

aileen · Married on 07/21/2018

Steve is seriously the best. As soon as we got the wedding venue and date, we booked him immediately! He shot our engagement shoot and our wedding .He is incredibly professional and knows what he's doing. He's also got a great personality and got along with my friends getting ready with me too. Steve has impeccable attention to detail and is incredible at capturing the most important parts of your big day. All of our guests loved his shots and they really bring tears to our eyes every time we see them. Steve does whatever is necessary for the shot. See the picture of him on the sidewalk in downtown Chicago. Seriously, book him now!

Sent on 08/12/2018
    Steve Koo Photography 2

Sammi · Married on 03/10/2018

Steve Koo is simply the best. Every time I look through our photos (which is A LOT), I feel as though I'm reliving the wedding because of how he captured the joy of our day in such a candid, natural way. Each picture is so perfectly composed and artistic, and is the exact opposite of the stuffy, traditional, boring photos that I previously thought all wedding photos were. Besides his incredible talent, Steve is absolutely the nicest guy around and was a pleasure to work with. He was on time, professional, organized and calm. I truly cannot recommend him enough and feel beyond lucky to have had him photograph our wedding.

Sent on 04/29/2018

Gabriella · Married on 11/11/2017

It is hard to put into words how thrilled we were (and still are!) to have Steve as our wedding photographer. He perfectly captured the essence of our special day and told a story that not only reflected our love and happiness, but the joy we derived from friends and family who celebrated with us. Steve is kind, patient, and extremely professional, and it was such a privilege to work with him. We will cherish our gorgeous photos forever -- thank you, Steve!!

Sent on 02/08/2018

Megan · Married on 11/10/2017

We had an amazing experience with Steve! Right when we got engaged we made a short list of photographers but Steve was #1. We were thrilled he was available for our date. He made everything super easy leading up to the wedding with a questionnaire a few weeks out that helped him gather all the information he needed (agenda, photo groupings, style preferences, etc.). And we did a quick phone call the week before to do a final run through. Steve was kind, thoughtful and a true expert through all of this. I definitely looked to him for input on planning and logistics along the way and he was willing to help no matter what questions I threw at him. The day of was an even better experience. Steve was professional, nimble (sounds weird - but you'll know what I mean when you work with him!) and incredibly talented. Within the first hour of him being with us, I knew our photos were going to be amazing. There wasn't a moment he missed - from big to small. He was also very diligent about capturing special requests we had (i.e. detail shots of my dress, etc.). We had full trust in him and never, not once looked around and said, "where's Steve?!". He didn't miss anything! And kudos goes out to his assistant, Yvone too! We are over the moon with the quality, aesthetic and priceless value of our wedding photos. They're stunning and there's nothing else I can say about it! I am so grateful we had the chance to work with him. I highly recommend Steve!

Sent on 01/06/2018

Bryndal · Married on 09/29/2017

Steve is very professional and extremely talented. Our engagement and wedding photos are OUTSTANDING! My husband and I were thrilled with his photography services for our wedding. We highly recommend Steve Koo and are so pleased that we chose him!

Sent on 02/14/2018

Ellen · Married on 06/17/2017

Steve Koo did an unbelievable job capturing our wedding!!! The photos are genuine, honest, and beautiful - they tell the story of our day so perfectly it's hard to choose favorites! Together they make a collection that tells a story, and that's exactly what I wanted. His photojournalistic and artful style is very special- he photographed so many organic and touching moments, l am so happy with how everything turned out. Steve was extremely professional every minute of the day, every conversation we had. His 2nd shooter for our day was Rebecca - I must say she was also phenomenal and together they kept us comfortable while taking our most cherished photos.

If you're considering Steve Koo as a photographer I cannot recommend him more highly. Thank you Steve!!!!!

Sent on 08/20/2017

Melanie · Married on 05/05/2017

This review is LONG overdue but we want to make sure Steve Koo gets the credit he deserves. We first met Steve at our engagement photo session in Chicago. Steve's personality is warm and friendly and we instantly clicked with him... It was like hanging out with an old friend! He helped us to feel comfortable in front of the camera and it really showed through our engagement photos. He shot our destination wedding in Cabo San Lucas in May 2017. He brought his assistant Angela Rene with him and we absolutely LOVED working with the both of them. Our guests commented on how they were both incredibly kind, professional, and extremely talented photographers and we couldn't agree more! The day of our wedding we had some unexpected HIGH winds, to the point where our guests where wrapping themselves in beach blankets to stay warm and our dinnerware was blowing off the tables. We were honestly so worried about how the photos would turn out. Despite the unforgiving weather, Steve was able to capture our wedding day so perfectly and our photos were absolutely BEAUTIFUL. We received our wedding slideshow from Steve while we were honeymooning in the Philippines, and the photos brought us to tears. Steve has a real knack for finding the action and capturing the best moments! Thank you , Steve! You are a true gift!

Sent on 11/09/2017

Daniel · Married on 10/02/2016

We are SO thankful to have had Steve Koo as our wedding photographer!
    If you are looking for a photojournalistic wedding photographer, look no further.
    His photography is worthy of the New York Times, Time Magazine, or National Geographic!
    He is TRULY an GIFTED ARTIST. When we first saw our wedding photos, we wept (tears of happiness, of course). The photos were BEAUTIFUL.
    Our wedding celebration was an unstructured cocktail party, with no ceremony, no dancing, no "events". Yet Steve and his assistant managed to capture so many amazing, spontaneous moments of the people we love, and with such artistry. When shopping around for photographers, you may find yourself wondering if the photos on their websites represent only the very best of their work. But truly, Steve Koo's photographs of our wedding celebration were all consistently spectacular. I could look at our wedding photos all day.
    And how he and his assistant managed to capture pictures of SO many of the people that attended our wedding (I think they managed to get everyone!), I don't know.
    As for working with him, Steve was very warm, friendly, and professional.
    THANK YOU STEVE KOO! YOU ARE AMAZING!

Sent on 12/31/2016

Stephanie · Married on 06/11/2016

Oh my goodness, I don't even know where to begin! Steve is absolutely incredible, I fell in love with his pictures when we started looking for downtown venues; I noticed very early on that each photo I was fawning over happened to be his work. And the rest is history! From our original Skype consultation to engagement photos and walking down the aisle, Steve exudes professionalism, warmth, and expertise. It's evident that this is his passion and true calling, I couldn't be more grateful for our favorite day to have been captured so perfectly.

Our June wedding was a hot one at 94 degrees, but looking at him you'd never know he had been going nonstop from 10-10pm. He was always eager to go above and beyond, and did so with a smile; whether that was jumping on a window sill to get the perfect angle, or literally laying down in the middle of LaSalle Street as cars sped by with congratulatory honks. His assistant was also incredible, she managed to capture so many moments during our reception that my family can't stop talking about. We have a gallery of 800+ images, and can honestly say that we love each and every one. Words just can't do his work justice, he is a wonderful person, and an outstanding photographer. Thank you Steve! We are so ridiculously happy.

Sent on 08/09/2016

Eleanor · Married on 04/30/2016

Don't even hesitate for one second when thinking about booking Steve as your photographer. Not only is Steve professional, he embodies so much more that is crucial on your wedding day. Very much the anxious bride, Steve kept things calm, light and so fun. He didn't skip a beat in terms of capturing exactly what my vision was (and I didn't even ask him for anything in particular!) --- his pictures are absolutely stunning. I had guests at my wedding from all across the country and even folks traveling in from Australia and London who all thought he produced the single best wedding photos they had ever seen. Not only was I blown away, my family was blown away, and I couldn't have asked for a better way for the most special day of my life to be captured. Steve- I hope you are ready for my husband and I to contact you about maternity photos! We will be maintaining a lifelong friendship with Steve.

Sent on 09/28/2016

Michael · Married on 08/15/2015

If we only had three words to describe Steve, we’d pick: nicest, friendliest, and most professional vendor for our entire wedding. Actually, we had Steve for our engagement photos, too. It’s really hard to describe what Steve does until you see it in person. Whether it was organizing our families who were out of place in photos, or simply checking in with us intermittently, Steve did it all. You can certainly check out his photos and blog reviews.

As great as those are, nothing can do justice to how exceptional Steve is at his craft. Steve will literally find ways to capture the moments perfectly – sliding on the dance floor, standing atop furniture, and even putting his balance to the test. We had more people asking for Steve’s contact information at the end of the night than people eating dessert (and our dessert was delicious!). We absolutely adore Steve and cannot even find the right words to encapsulate our gratitude for his work.

Sent on 08/21/2015

I honestly don't even know where to start because I can't seem to say enough good things about Steve Koo. Seriously, prepare for major gushing. From the start Steve was a pleasure to work with. He made the process so straightfoward and simple that we didn't even meet him until the wedding day! We just had so much confidence in him that we knew he had everything together. When we did finally meet Steve on the day of the wedding, it was like meeting an old friend. He and his assistant, Cara (Kara?), were so easygoing and friendly that we all felt instantly comfortable having them around. From a photography standpoint, the whole wedding was fun and easy. Steve walked us through the "First Look" and portraits - where to stand, how to hold our arms, where to look - and stayed in the shadows during the ceremony and reception in order to catch the most amazing candids. He captured moments that we weren't really aware of and moments that we had missed completely. My Maid of Honor and I still joke how Steve seemed to be everywhere - he was standing on a (swivel!) chair, lying (in his suit!) on the ground, behind me fixing my dress - and yet nowhere because he was never in the way, his presence was never overt or conspicuous. When we did receive all the photos, we were really blown away despite already seeing a sampling in the slideshow. The photos are so vibrant and he captures emotion so well. It seemed like he really was everywhere because he caught everything. We weren't originally planning on ordering a wedding album because my (now) husband and I aren't the sentimental types, but Steve's photos turned us into the sentimental types! The photos are so incredible that we realized we did need an album after all; these photos were meant to be shown off because they're so thoughtful and well executed. We couldn't be happier with Steve and his work. I have to force myself to stop writing this review because, like I warned...gushing.

Sent on 09/14/2015

Michelle · Married on 06/28/2015

We are so happy with the results of both our engagement and wedding photos! Steve is such a talented photographer. He has an incredible ability to capture such emotion in his photographs. Each picture is so full of life with such beautiful lighting, angles and style. When we look through the photos it feels like each picture is telling a story about the day. All of the important and unique aspects of our wedding day were captured so brilliantly. In addition to all this, Steve is so easy to work with. He understands his craft very well and helped guide us through the process to ensure everything went smoothly and we all felt very natural and comfortable. We would highly recommend Steve Koo Photography!

Sent on 07/23/2015

Emily · Married on 06/27/2015

So you are looking for a wedding photographer, yes? I'd recommend you stop reading this and just book Steve Koo immediately. I was first introduced to Steve's work after he shot my friend's wedding, and I started stalking his blog months before I even got engaged. Once we had a date and a venue, booking Steve Koo was the obvious next thing to do. I've never thrown down a deposit on anything so fast. Obviously if you have looked at his website or blog you know that his work is truly incredible. I got married at a Marriott and he made it look like a ritzy boutique hotel. What you don't realize is that not only will he capture incredible shots on your wedding day, but he basically becomes a stand-in wedding coordinator. He told me how to carry my dress, helped me figure out when to get everyone downstairs, and even told me how to cut the cake - literally while taking a picture of me. His calm demeanor makes the inherent chaos of any wedding day more manageable. He's extremely professional, responds to correspondence nearly immediately, and is all around a joy to work with. If you're going to have someone spend hours upon hours with you on your wedding day, all while capturing amazingly beautiful pictures, it'd better be Steve Koo.

To summarize: book Steve Koo, it is the best decision you will make throughout this entire process (aside from agreeing to get married).

Sent on 08/02/2015

Sara · Married on 03/21/2015

We used Steve for both our engagement shoot and our wedding. He is fantastic to work with! He has the ability to put you at ease (especially when you are not used to getting your picture taken) and his pictures turn out AMAZING! He truly captures the feeling of the day! We were kind of bummed that we didn't end up booking a videographer but after seeing Steve's pictures we realized there was no need... he did such a great job capturing all the little moments that we feel like we could relive the day over and over. Highly recommend!

Sent on 04/16/2015

Margaret · Married on 10/18/2014

Steve Koo is an amazingly talented wedding photojournalist who has truly honed his craft.
    Every single one of his photographs captures real emotion, true personalities and meaningful moments that reflect the day beyond beautifully.
    Looking through his incredible images is like living the day all over again.
    We were fortunate enough to have Steve photograph our October wedding, and it was the best decision we made.
    Steve is kind, genuine and immediately put everyone at ease. He is a joy to work with, and you can tell he truly cares about what he does.
    Steve somehow seems to be everywhere at once – he doesn’t miss a thing.
    Seriously, working with Steve is a no-brainer. Stop reading reviews and contact him!

Sent on 02/17/2015

Steve is great to work with, prompt at returning emails, and takes fantastic pictures that are natural and yet look great. Somehow he managed to take pictures of both of us that neither of us mind looking at. He also provides quick turn around time so that you're not waiting for months to see the actual pictures. As other people have mentioned, you forget he is there. And while he has you do lots of silly poses they come out looking unstaged and natural. His antics are pretty entertaining too as he dives down to get a shot or balances on non flat surfaces. There were a couple of hiccups with the posed family photos in which some people were accidentally left out and others included. But those things are hard to group especially when so many different people are involved. And those were more for the parents and extended family anyhow.

Sent on 06/07/2014

Working with Steve was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. We felt comfortable and relaxed all day, as did our wedding party. Looking through our wedding photos, Steve didn't miss a thing. He captured everything exactly the way I remembered it happening. Choosing photos for an album has proven to be an impossible task, because I love every single photo. His lighting techniques are truly out of this world. Steve is a master at what he does, and we felt so fortunate to work with someone who is as equally talented as he is a genunienly nice person.

Sent on 05/23/2014

Amy · Married on 10/18/2013

My husband and I were very pleased with Steve's work. He did our engagement photos and our wedding photos. He has a very calm and professional way of working, which is absolutely essential on your wedding day!

Sent on 05/07/2014

Audrey · Married on 09/01/2013

Steve Koo was great to work with. We absolutely loved the moments that he captured for us...both on the day of the wedding and for our engagement shoot. From our very first interaction, we felt very comfortable with Steve. We'd first learned about him from being a part of another wedding party. Would highly recommend Steve to anyone who enjoys candid shots that capture the emotions and spirit of the day.

Sent on 01/02/2014

Priti · Married on 05/11/2013

As my fiancée were planning our wedding, we both agreed that having a good wedding photographer was very important to us both. And in the end, we were lucky enough to work with Steve Koo and his talented team, whose work and complete professionalism throughout the process totally blew us away.

Steve and his team were a pleasure to work with throughout the wedding planning process and on our wedding day. As we were planning, Steve promptly responded to all of our questions and was helpful in collaborating with us to ensure that he captured all of the important moments of our day(places to shoot, timing, etc.).

Our big Indian wedding was very chaotic from the minute that the day began, and Steve and his team worked through the chaos to capture the best moments seamlessly. We received MANY compliments from our guests about how the team did a great job of working in the shadows to capture every moment of the day. Steve and his team arrived at our venue early and stayed even later than we expected to capture the whole event, and as a result, captured some great moments in the evening.

A few weeks after our wedding, we saw our pictures and were beyond impressed with how beautiful the pictures were and the moments that Steve and his team were able to capture. We loved his style and how his photos really captured the emotions of the day. A few weeks after the wedding, Steve provided us with a slideshow that gave us a sneak peek at some of our pictures, and it was beautifully made - I must have watched it a hundred times, and was moved by it every time.

Thank you Steve for giving us such great photographs to commemorate one of the most important days of our lives - it was really a pleasure working with you!!

Sent on 07/15/2013

Cortney · Married on 12/08/2012

If you want a fun, professional, and intuitive photographer for you wedding – hire Steve Koo. As soon as I saw his previous engagement and nuptial photos on his website, I knew that this would be the easiest and best decision I could ever make for my wedding. Steve truly cares about the couples he works with, and he will go out of his way to ensure that your day is captured beautifully. His photojournalistic style will leave you with gorgeous pictures of the moments you will cherish forever. You’ll be hearing compliments from your family and friends for months!

Sent on 02/04/2013

Catherine · Married on 10/13/2012

The best decision I made for my wedding was hiring Steve Koo.
    From the start - he was great to work with. He was very clear with his packages, pricing, and timeline. All questions were answered immediatey and we got to know his personality from the start.
    Our engagement session was a total BLAST! It was boiling hot in the mid of July in Chicago and it could not have mattered less. Steve showed up with a bright smile - bright camera - and huge expectations. We knew the style of pictures we wanted and he executed it 100%. We walked around an area of Chicago that my fiance and I had not been before and the pictures turned out amazing. We received the pictures in about 2 weeks and we were so excited - the best feeling when you know someone amazing is going to photograph your wedding.
    The day of our wedding could not have gone more smooth. Steve and his assistant showed up early and had the calm, cool, and collected attitude we had for the whole wedding. It seemed more like friends showing up for the big day. He showed up as I was getting ready and he was laughing and joking with myself, my family, and friends the entire day. Steve even rode in the car with me and my parents to the church and it was so much fun - like hanging out with a friend!
    Of course the rest of the wedding day was perfect. He made sure my husband and I were comfortable the whole day and made sure we all had fun. He captured our wedding day so precisly without being intrusive which was amazing. ]Steve Koo understands what a bride wants.
    As someone that got married almost 6 months ago - he is still the best decision I have made for my wedding. The pictures were OUTSTANDING and we are thankful every single day that we hired Steve. We love all the pictures and cant wait to work with Steve in the future. If his personaly doesnt get you (which would be shocking) then his pictures will.

Steve doesnt just capture the moment - he captures the biggest moments of your life.

Sent on 03/26/2013

Colleen · Married on 07/07/2012

Steve came as a recommendation from my brother and sister-in-law. I honestly do not know where to start! We used Steve for our engagement and wedding photos. Our engagement and wedding photos turned out phenomenal. On the day of the wedding, Steve and his assistant arrived on time filled with excitement and a positive energy. The morning of the wedding was busy with hair and makeup and people running all around. Steve was quiet and maneuvered through the chaos as he captured amazing shots. Never was he demanding or put anything on hold. He moved with the flow of the morning. I was a little nervous that we did not give him a "shot list" but he often asked me if there was anything in particular that I wanted to capture. Steve and his assistant were very organized as well. He captured wonderful shots at the ceremony and reception as well. He was sure to ask me at the reception if there were specific shots I wanted him to take before he left. We only had him for a certain amount of time per our contract, but he stayed well beyond that time-- which was so nice and certainly did not go unnoticed. We are so happy we went with Steve. We now have beautiful photos that will last us a life time. I literally look at them every night before bed because they allow me to relive the best day of my life. We constantly receive compliments on them as well! After we received the photos I noticed that there were a few of my friends that were not photographed. I inquired about this and Steve was so professional in his response. He even looked back through all of the photos to see if he could find them in any of his photos. Talk about flexible and accommodating! What I love most about Steve is that he is willing to work with you. He truly views you as "the customer" and wants you to be happy. When he sent us our photos he even included a thank you card! I recommend Steve Koo 1 million times over without reservation. Thanks again Steve!

Sent on 09/11/2012