Stephanie Messick Photography Reviews

52 | Warrenton, VA

52 Reviews for Stephanie Messick Photography

Megan · Married on 10/19/2019

Stephanie is amazing!!

What can I even say about Steph?! From the moment we had our first meeting we just fell in love with her! Stephanie is such a genuine person and took so much time to make our entire experience with her incredible. From the countless emails planning our perfect engagement shoot and wedding details, to answering every question I had, to sending us sweet care packages, Stephanie was just amazing. When our big day finally came she took everything we mentioned to her and made all of our photo dreams come true!! Every picture is just absolutely stunning and she captured our day so perfectly. All of our photos just add to the memories from our day and are so special we want to frame them all!! Steph just took such amazing care of us and she was one of the best decisions we made when when picking our vendor team!! Stephanie always made us feel so comfortable and natural in front of the camera and was such a calming presence with her knowledge and perfect photo timelines! I would recommend Stephanie to anyone who wants incredible photos and we can’t wait to use her for any occasions we have in the future!!

Sent on 11/20/2019
  • Debbie

Debbie · Married on 09/27/2019

THE BEST photographer!!

Stephanie is an absolute gem. From our first call together, my husband and I knew she was the wedding photographer for us. She's incredibly experienced, professional and a pleasure to work with. It was SO easy being behind Steph's camera-- she made us feel like we could just be ourselves, and happily gave us some pointers if we needed!

Our engagement shoot was a dream. We were comfortable and confident behind her camera. Fast forward to our wedding last month, Stephanie was great about connecting with us ahead of time to confirm final details. On our wedding day, she kept us on track with our tight timeline while still managing to capture so many great photos!

My wedding weekend was jam-packed for Steph, and she was headed to her honeymoon just a few days after, but she surprised us with over 200 sneak peek photos before she left!! HOW. INCREDIBLE. IS. THAT.

Oh, and how can I forget?! Steph sent us several thoughtful care packages before our wedding. It's the little things that make the biggest difference! I cannot recommend her enough!!

Sent on 10/23/2019

Emily · Married on 08/03/2019

Vision came to light

Absolutely perfect in every way she captured the whole day perfectly! Everyone had a blast! She nailed every single picture and more. Very flexible and always respectable! She is kind, always available to reach and will answer any questions you may thought have or didn’t! If you are getting married anytime soon i would recommend her!

Sent on 08/08/2019
  • Caroline

Caroline H. · Married on 06/15/2019

Best Decision Ever!

I found Stephanie by pure luck when I searched local wedding photography on Facebook. I kept clicking on all my favorite pictures (the ones where everyone looked the most happy and relaxed) and the same name was on every one – Stephanie Messick! I’m so thankful we booked her because she is an absolute dream to work with! Stephanie is such a professional and is extremely experienced in this field. The engagement shoot we had with her was such a blast. She has a great energy that really gets you excited. She gives confident direction, asks questions, and provides positive feedback that makes you feel like a model! It definitely showed during the shoot because the pictures were filled with so many laughs and huge smiles.
    For the wedding, after I was already fully confident in all of Stephanie’s abilities, she somehow exceeded my expectations with how many amazing moments she captured that day. Whether it was pictures of my Granny with her great grandchildren, sweet hugs after the ceremony, killer dance moves, or quick moments of my husband and I – she caught everything! I will cherish these photos FOREVER! In the meantime I will just be going through them smiling for the millionth time. 😊
    Also, I feel like it’s important to note that Stephanie was getting married SIX DAYS after my wedding day. Going back to her professionalism, she is such a trooper. She was so excited for our wedding day and somehow managed to provide an incredible teaser album before much deservingly having her own wedding and honeymoon. Congrats again and we love you Stephanie!!

Sent on 08/02/2019
  • Lacey

Lacey · Married on 06/08/2019

Seriously obsessed!

Stephanie is a ROCKSTAR! She's super awesome to work with and her photos are absolutely stunning. I'm not sure if I'll ever hire a different photographer for anything!

She's incredibly flexible and makes taking pictures easy. You don't feel like its a "photoshoot" but rather a hangout where someone is telling you what to do. Trust me, you NEED Stephanie to photograph your wedding or family!

Sent on 06/12/2019

Laura · Married on 12/30/2018

Truly Amazing!

Hiring Stephanie Messick was the best decision we made for our wedding. Not only are our photos stunningly beautiful, but she personalizes the experience. She will send you gifts, surprise you at your reception with a sneak peak of photos from earlier in the day and deliver your photos quickly. Her kind and positive energy is contagious! We are so grateful we found her to capture our day!

Sent on 01/23/2019
  • Lindsey

Lindsey S. · Married on 11/17/2018

Perfectly captured our special day!

When Brennan, my husband, and I first got engaged, we both agreed that a top-notch photographer and exceptional pictures was our top priority for our big day. Boy, were we spoiled with Stephanie! She not only captured our engagement session and wedding pictures perfectly, but she also added such a special and personal touch to everything she did. Trust me when I say you are in the best of hands with Stephanie! One thing I really appreciated during both of our session was how much FUN she made them. My husband even commented how much he enjoyed our photo shoots with Stephanie, which is really saying something because taking pictures is not his favorite thing to do. I highly recommend Stephanie!!

Sent on 05/17/2019
  • Shannon

Shannon M. · Married on 11/03/2018

Best photographer ever!!!!

Stephanie Messick is THE BEST EVER!!! Holy crap my wedding photos are gorgeous!!! I got married a month ago and I've looked at them everyday, multiple times a day. Stephanie is so talented and she is great to work with! She is so friendly and she made my hubby and I (2 total dorks who hate taking pictures) feel completely comfortable in front of the camera !!! She truly is amazing and she can make any couple look like models!!!

Sent on 12/04/2018

Graham W. · Married on 10/28/2018

Stephanie is the best!

Stephanie was an absolute joy to work with! Neither of us are particularly fond of getting our pictures taken, but her pleasant personality and excellent skill put us at ease and left us with pictures that we are really happy with. She was also super attentive and responsive throughout the process, and very kind in sending little care packages along the way that really went above and beyond. We can’t recommend her enough!!

Sent on 12/13/2018

L · Married on 10/06/2018

Highly Recommend Stephanie Messick Photography

Stephanie was such a joy to work with! We felt comfortable throughout the entire process knowing she was there to guide us and there was no doubt in our mind we had chosen the right photographer to capture our big day. Stephanie is an incredibly talented photographer and businesswoman along with being a genuinely thoughtful person. She excels at providing direction to make the photo taking process simple and fun and we were so impressed with every interaction we had with her. It's been months since our wedding and people still talk about how wonderful of a job Stephanie did!

Sent on 12/28/2018

Anna · Married on 06/29/2018

Choosing Stephanie as our wedding photographer was one of the easiest and best decisions my husband and I made while planning our wedding! She was recommended to us by our venue and after checking out her photos, we knew she was extremely talented and would do a beautiful job capturing our wedding. What we didn’t know is that she’s also the SWEETEST person ever! She really took the time to get to know us during our initial phone meeting and then at our engagement session. By the time our wedding day arrived, we knew we were in great hands and that Stephanie would make sure everything was captured perfectly! My bridesmaids and family all commented on how wonderful she was to work with and how genuinely happy and excited she was to be part of our day. And it totally shows in the photos—only a person who loves love and truly cares about their clients could possibly produce such beautiful work! It was a HOT day and as sweat was dripping down my back during our portraits after the ceremony, I started to worry that every photo from that point on would be a hot mess, but they turned out to be some of my favorites—and you can’t tell at all that we were absolutely melting! We were already super impressed by Stephanie when she sent us our online gallery of photos (MUCH faster than we expected, by the way!), but then she sent us an incredible package with a thumb drive of all our pictures and a bunch of other adorable surprises! She sent several packages like this throughout our engagement, and each one was so appreciated. We are so happy we found Stephanie! We have the most beautiful photos of the best day of our lives and a lifetime of memories to share with our family as it grows <3.

Sent on 08/10/2018

Morgan · Married on 05/19/2018

Stephanie is AMAZING. She was wonderful to work with and captured our wedding day perfectly. Steph is extremely talented. She never makes you feel pressured and you cannot help but smile while she is snapping pictures. When she sent us the link to our wedding day pictures we were thrilled with what we received, they were stunning photographs!!!

Sent on 05/25/2018

Victoria · Married on 01/13/2018

Stephanie is incredibly talented. Her photography has a beautiful ethereal feel, and it's amazing how she uses light. She is so joyful and helps everyone to quickly become comfortable in front of the camera. We were so happy with our choice of photographers and friends and family can't stop raving about how beautiful the pictures are.

Sent on 01/31/2018

Michelle · Married on 07/23/2017

My name is Michelle (husband is James!) and we're from the Fairfax, VA area. This review comes a lot belated as Stephanie handled all the photography for our engagement shoot and wedding day which was July of last year, but that's completely my fault as I procrastinated on my end. Even more than a year after my wedding, I still cannot get over how AMAZING Stephanie's service was from start to finish and even long afterwards! She's literally one of the sweetest, most down-to-earth people while also being super diligent/savvy/responsible. From the very first phone call we had with her, she made James and I feel super comfortable, gave us a very informative run down of her style, made it a PRIORITY to understand what WE wanted and throughout the entire process NEVER made us feel pressured. While interviewing Stephanie, we actually were in negotiations with another photographer as well but she made us feel like we had to pay up ASAP and then sent us a rather curt email saying she couldn't wait for us. NOT the case with Stephanie Messick - she was patient and gracious the whole time so it was NO surprise that we chose her. From that point, she was extremely proactive - sending us periodic emails regarding the timeline of the shoot, what to expect, even giving us tips on what to wear and how to style ourselves which was SO appreciated. She really conveyed a "sky is the limit" type of attitude in terms of where we could shoot and when, etc. As for the wedding day itself, she was a dream to work with... she let us enjoy the day for what it was but there was absolutely no compromise on the work itself - she got ALL the shots I needed with ALL the people I needed in them. My wedding had over 200 people and a LOT of family members so it must have taken a lot of organization and poise to sift through everyone and get the shots but Stephanie made it look super easy. The results were AMAZING! Every time I look through my wedding pictures I get super giggly and happy. THANK YOU!

Sent on 10/14/2018
  • Ally

Ally · Married on 05/28/2017

Stephanie went above and beyond in every way! Words cannot describe how happy we are with our wedding photographer and our wedding photos. Stephanie has the kindest personality, is exceptionally professional, and is an extremely gifted photographer. And if this wasn't enough, she also somehow finds the time to send the most perfect adorable packages leading up to the wedding day! She made us feel so loved!

Some details about Stephanie that is further proof about how amazing she is: during our engagement shoot in Malibu we were nervous because the sun was setting and it was getting pretty dark. Stephanie did not seem the least bit worried and said her camera can pick up a lot of light and the pictures will look good. She was completely right and it meant a lot knowing she remains calm and stress-free, which translated over to the wedding day as well! On our wedding day it was raining, and I had to make the call to have an indoor or outdoor ceremony (again...I was stressed out). Stephanie told me that another wedding she was just at the bride made the call for an indoor ceremony, and immediately before the ceremony the sun came out but it was too late to switch to outdoor ceremony. Apparently they let you switch to indoor last minute, but not outdoor last minute. Because of her advice I said outdoor ceremony (thank goodness) and the rain stopped! If it were not for her we may have gotten married inside, and the outdoor ceremony was the best part of our day. After the wedding she had some of our photos ready to see literally two days after the wedding, and we had all of the photos within a month! She seriously exceeded every single expectation we had! We love you Stephanie!!

Sent on 07/19/2017

Cindy · Married on 05/27/2017

We used Stephanie for our daughter's wedding at Morais Vineyards recently and absolutely adored working with her! First off, she is as sweet and beautiful on the inside as she is on the outside! She is passionate about her job and the love she has for it shows. She works so well with the bride and groom and you hardly notice she is there! She does anything you ask, as well as makes suggestions on things she'd like to do. Her pictures are a treasure. They capture the day so beautifully. One thing she did that I will always cherish is she gave me one on one time with our daughter when she was getting dressed. The first look with our daughter and her dad was precision! Something we got to share together with no one else around! Stephanie writes a great blog about the day and gives you a glimpse of her pictures within the week, which is so fun! She is joy with which to work and I'd recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 06/28/2017
  • Lindsay

Lindsay · Married on 05/05/2017

We were so incredibly lucky to have Stephanie as our wedding photographer. After two engagement shoots with other photographers, we booked Stephanie for our wedding, having seen her beautiful work for a few years. Stephanie was by far the most fun to work with. She made smiling and posing so natural and easy, while keeping it upbeat and quick. I'm blown away by the photos she captured and I cannot say enough about her sweetness and attitude. Stephanie, you are a dream and any couple would be blessed to work with you. Thank you for making our day complete and more importantly for becoming our friend in the process.

Sent on 05/15/2017

Makalea · Married on 03/18/2017

Booking Stephanie was the best decision I made after saying "YES!" to my husband's proposal. Seriously---she is a gem and her work is breathtaking. I could go on and on about her photography---but she has a great portfolio you should go check out for yourself!! What I didn't know when we booked Stephanie is all of the special, thoughtful details she would include over the months leading up to our wedding. I don't want to spoil any surprises for her future couples, but opening her packages with our engagement photos and wedding photos were honestly some of the most special moments of the wedding process for us.

Did I mention she has made her own magazine? Not only does she send her couples' tips for photography (poses, what to wear, etc!) but for the whole planning process in general. Talk about going above and beyond! You'll also be invited to a secret facebook group with her other wedding clients where you can ask questions and vendor referrals. Oh, and she hosts a Brides 5k every year to raise money for a non-profit working to stop human trafficking.

Stephanie remembers the little details that make every couple feel deservedly special. Our family and friends can't stop complimenting her work. It feels pretty great when people tell you your photos look like they're from a wedding magazine---but that just goes to show how talented she is! We are now having the hardest time choosing which pictures to put on our walls! Thank you so much, Stephanie!! -M&D

Sent on 05/05/2017

Natalie · Married on 11/19/2016

Stephanie is hands down the most professional, kind, talented and thoughtful person we have ever had the pleasure of working with. She cares so much about you and really makes you feel comfortable. She goes the extra mile in everything she does, and she does it with a genuine heart. We knew photography was going to be one of our splurges and Stephanie was completely worth it. She makes the whole process a memorable experience and is just as excited as you are for your special day. My (now!) husband was nervous about all the photos, as most grooms are, but she does a great job of capturing the photos you dream of having. My whole family and bridal party loved her pictures, but also working with her! A great photographer is probably one of the most important parts of your wedding - you'll have the pictures forever -- and Stephanie will make the experience amazing!

Sent on 12/29/2016
  • LoveInDC

Greta · Married on 11/05/2016

Words cannot describe how happy we were to have Stephanie photograph our wedding. She is a top-notch professional whose confidence and skills are completely unparalleled. Our photographs (both engagement and wedding) were absolutely stunning. She made us look and feel like models! She was so responsive and walked us through every step of the processes. To top it all off, she is so sweet! We feel like we not only found a wonderful family photographer, but a friend. We can't wait to schedule our next shoot with her!

Sent on 01/06/2017
  • Anna

Anna · Married on 10/16/2016

Amazing is not a good enough word to describe Stephanie. She is, by far, the sweetest person I have ever met and she is an amazing artist and business owner. Stephanie made us feel so comfortable during our engagement session that even my photo-hating husband had an amazing time that we still talk about. Separately, my husband and I said that when we saw her on the day of our wedding, nerves about the day washed away when she walked in the room. She is that great! Not only is Stephanie an amazing photographer and artist, but she is a smart and organized businesswoman. Every step of the way, I had confidence in Stephanie's vision and timeline. Never once was I worried that we would miss a photo opportunity because she had an amazing plan. Our wedding was fantastic and Stephanie captured such amazing memories in image that we will cherish forever. She thinks of everything and we feel SO SO SO lucky to have found her. My husband and I plan to keep making up life events for her to photograph so we can take pictures with her forever :)

Sent on 11/02/2016

Samantha · Married on 10/01/2016

I have to first say how absolutely sweet Stephanie is. She sent us the cutest packages through out our whole engagement working with her. She is so passionate about what she does it shows in her pictures and how hard she works. She was so patient with us and our bridal party and we are so lucky to have her there to capture our special day to keep with us forever. Photography was the biggest thing people told us they wish they had changed in their own weddings because it's the memories you keep with you and you just can't go wrong with Stephanie she's amazing!

Sent on 10/04/2016

Ashley · Married on 08/27/2016

Stephanie is an amazing photographer! I looked at A LOT of vendors for photography, but when I met with Stephanie I knew she was the perfect fit :) Not only does her passion for photography show through her amazing work, but she goes above and beyond to make sure her clients are happy! She is warm and welcoming, responds to all emails in a timely manner and keeps everything very organized. Stephanie finds a way to personalize each session with her clients, making them enjoyable! We are SOOO happy with our choice to work with Stephanie!! I HIGHLY recommend her :)

Sent on 11/05/2015

Stephanie · Married on 07/03/2016

Stephanie was absolutely AMAZING throughout our whole journey!! From our outstanding engagement session to our beyond beautiful wedding photos, she has an eye for detail and captures those sweet moments when you think no one is watching. To top it off, she is the sweetest person ever and is truly a pleasure to work with! I hope we can work with her again!

Sent on 07/14/2016

Casey · Married on 05/07/2016

If your looking for a photographer they don't come any better then Stephanie. She is sooo nice and she thinks of everything! Her pictures are absolutely AMAZING! She goes above and beyond with her services. She is sooo organized and gets pictures back to you fast! I can not say enough good things about her! Even when it rained on our engagement pictures she somehow made it look like it was a perfect day outside and the pictures were amazing! Our wedding pictures we even more amazing! She thinks of everything! and on top of her photography skills being AMAZING and her being SOO NICE and organized she really knows the wedding business and provides many helpful contact for other vendors. I just cant say enough I LOVE HER!

Sent on 05/25/2016