Steeple Hall at Mission Oak Grill Reviews

Steeple Hall at Mission Oak Grill 1
Steeple Hall at Mission Oak Grill 2
Steeple Hall at Mission Oak Grill 3

Lauren · Married on 05/05/2018

I am so happy that we chose Steeple Hall at Mission Oak Grill, it was the perfect venue for our wedding! The room is beautiful and stately, the food was excellent, and the staff was wonderful to work with- thanks Janet and Sophia! The entire night was run flawlessly and we received many compliments from our guests about the venue and the food. The planning process also ran very smoothly, and the food tasting was one of our favorite parts of wedding planning! I highly recommend Steeple Hall at Mission Oak Grill.

• Heather

Heather · Married on 04/28/2018

We could not have chosen a more perfect venue for our wedding reception. From touring the venue, to picking out our menu, thru the wedding day, Janet and her team at Steeple Hall were AMAZING! Janet answered all of my emails within the same day, met with us on site on multiple occasions, coordinated arrival and setup with all of our vendors for us, setup and broke down everything (including all the DIY decor I brought), and really made the day so so special. Because of her I was able to relax and fully enjoy the day, knowing that everything was already taken care of! All of the staff there was amazing, the food is exceptional, and the location can't be beat!

Steeple Hall at Mission Oak Grill 4
    Steeple Hall at Mission Oak Grill 5
    Steeple Hall at Mission Oak Grill 6

Nicholas · Married on 10/07/2016

Ashleigh and her staff were attentive and very flexible with our menu and needs during the reception!

Allison · Married on 09/10/2016

Planning process was easy and the event was perfect. We loved the venue. It is beautiful and so is Newburyport. Our out of town guests loved it. Ashleigh was amazing to work with and always very responsive.

Joanne · Married on 08/20/2016

Our entire experience with Ashleigh and her team at Steeple Hall was fantastic. I highly recommend holding any events there!

Jessica · Married on 07/09/2016

Steeple Hall was the perfect place for our reception! Ashleigh and Meghann, as well as the rest of the amazing staff, were so easy to work with the whole time. Every request was handled with ease and they made us feel right at home there. The food is exceptional and the space was plenty big for our 120 person reception and our 11 person band. I couldn't have asked for more!!

Rebecca · Married on 10/03/2015

Ashleigh, Meghan, and the entire team at Steeple Hall were absolutely wonderful to work with. Ashleigh responded to my initial email about getting a tour of the venue right away, and we handed her a deposit an hour after meeting her and seeing the beautiful space. It was the only venue we saw and we fell in love right away!

Throughout the planning process, Ashleigh was enthusiastic, helpful, and very considerate. When we had to move our outdoor ceremony inside, she and her team made Steeple Hall look absolutely perfect, and it was amazing to see how they made all the little pieces and decorations really come together to make the room look incredible. ALL of the vendors who coordinated with Ashleigh about our wedding commented on how lovely she was to work with. I would highly recommend Steeple Hall to any bride looking for wonderful food, a stunning space, and a team that really cares about your big day!

Caitlin · Married on 08/25/2015

The entire staff at Mission Oak Grill were amazing with our wedding planning process and on our wedding day. Ashleigh was very easy to get ahold of and always ready with answers to our never ending list of questions. The food tasting provided a variety of options (it was hard to choose since everything was delicious). We have had more compliments since our wedding reception about how great the venue was. Ashleigh picked up our decorations on Thursday and set everything up perfectly. Megan and her staff boxed everything up after the reception for us to pick up the next day. With all the stress of coordinating a wedding, it was a weight off my shoulders to have Mission Oak be so organized. I would recommend them to anyone looking for a beautiful venue on the north shore!

Ashleigh at Steeple Hall is fabulous as the event coordinator--she is patient and professional and works non stop to meet all of your wedding requests. Her assistant, Meghan is also top notch! All of our guests commented that the venue was perfect and that the food was fabulous. For anyone planning a wedding in Newburyport, this is the absolute best place for quality, value, and service. It is also a truly unique and beautiful building with a fabulous hall for the ceremony and reception.

Marcia · Married on 06/28/2015

The event coordinator was helpful and great to deal with. Food, staff & setup of room wonderful.

Michelle · Married on 04/18/2015

I absolutely cannot say enough about this wedding venue. It is just spectacular from the beginning to the end. Ashleigh and Meghannn are AMAZING to work with, very helpful and sincerely love their job. We had 120 invited guests to our wedding and everyone is raving about the food - from the Cocktail Hour right through to dessert. The room is open, airy and comfortable and everyone had plenty of room. We decided to go with Carving Stations for our meal and everything was prepared perfectly. The Risotto was a huge hit with many guests.

It was wonderful working with Ashley. I don't know what I would have done without her! She agreed to whatever I wanted and gently gave suggestions. She got me immediately. Anyone will love working with her.
    The venue was perfect. The beautiful high church windows and loft added to the character of the room.
    Now the food, delicious. Service, superb. Wait staff, professional
    I highly recommend Steeple Hall, and I'm kinda picky!

Ashleigh and Meghann were simply the best! They were so helpful with helping me plan and also made themselves available to answer any of my questions or to meet with me in the venue space. The day of they made the evening and everything went so smoothly - several of my guests told me the evening was seamless. I cannot say enough good things about this place - thank you so much!

Hannah · Married on 08/30/2014

Beautiful location, wonderful service, and delicious food!

Erica · Married on 08/16/2014

Wonderful! Ashleigh is an amazing wedding coordinator, the reception space was lovely when decorated, the prices are so reasonable and allowed us to do everything we wanted to do for our guests, and everyone is still raving about the food. We dined at their restaurant to get an idea of the quality of the food and then we were hooked. All of our guests said that they had an amazing time and Steeple Hall accommodated every request we made and were happy to do so. I can't say enough about them.

Anna · Married on 07/05/2014

They did such a great job, coordinated everything, and made the reception just perfect! The space was lovely, but it was the food that really blew the guests away! The onsite restaurant made everything fresh and people were raving about how great the service was! Thank you so much for doing such a great job on our special day!

From our very first meeting to look at this venue all the way through the very end of our reception, we received 5 star services from the wonderful people at Steeple Hall. Wedding coordinators Ashleigh and Meghan really cared about our wedding and our family. The entire process was easy and fun! We met with Ashleigh at our initial viewing then again at the food tasting and just prior to the wedding. The food tasting was a highlight of our planning process, we felt so welcome and cared for, plus the food was delicious! I think it makes a big difference to have a full service kitchen at your venue versus a catering company that prepares the food off site. We chose rack of lamb, prime rib & chicken, although all of the food was amazing our guests were raving about the lamb for days. From a service perspective, all of the staff working our event were wonderful. They made special accommodations for my father who likes a specific kind of drink, they made sure my husband and I were served dinner at an opportune time that worked seamlessly with our guests and our photographer. I had a problem with my bustle and one of the waitresses actually went into a back room to find a tool to fix it for me. Attention to detail, a warm friendly attitude from the entire staff, amazing food, a beautiful room, a private bridal suite, great prices, the list goes on. I am so glad I was able to have my wedding reception at Steeple and I can't thank them enough for giving us the best day of our lives!

We loved working with Ashleigh and her staff. Ashleigh was extremely easy to work with throughout the entire process. She answered all of our questions and was very flexible. Her staff was amazing. Everyone was very helpful and made our event run flawlessly. Guests loved the space and food. It was the perfect place to hold our reception.

Ashleigh and Meghann were wonderful to work with! They were always very responsive and very willing to work with me to make sure our wedding reception went according to plan. Yes, the food was great (people still talk about it!) and the place was beautiful. But, everyone knows it's who you work with that can make or break any situation. And, I would recommend this venue without hesitation because of Ashleigh and Meghann.

I can't say enough about Steeple Hall. We had our wedding there in November 2013 and everything about it was spectacular.

The newly renovated room has old world character and modern charm. The best of both worlds! The floor to ceiling windows provided the perfect dramatic backdrop and the space lent itself PERFECTLY for live music. The Beantown Swing Orchestra filled the room with sound and it was magnificent.

We chose to host our first cocktail hour in the downstairs restaurant and it was the perfect starting place. It's a mix of 50's style meets the Capital Grille meets the inside of a yacht. It was the perfect touch for us. Having our guests move from that venue up the gorgeous staircase into Steeple Hall was dramatic and fun!

Ashleigh was fantastic, her planning suggestions were spot on and the menu flexibility was a bonus! She was available, responsive, personable and just downright awesome! I felt as if I had a friend help us with our wedding! Can't say enough positive things!

The food was top rate. We are foodies and were not disappointed. It was DELICIOUS and ARTFULLY presented without being skimpy...the quality was fabulous, the plates were full and the prices were more than fair. Each guest, at each table were presented their entrees simultaneously. A high end touch! They accommodated special requests for things such as an Espresso Bar and a Venetian Hour along with two cocktail hours, one upstairs and one downstairs!

Add to that the location of Steeple Hall is picture perfect. Less than two blocks from the water in Downtown Newburyport. Out of town guests can stay at local Boutique Hotels and Inns and enjoy the downtown shops, restaurants and nightlife - not to mention the local beaches in the nicer weather!

We bypassed a top Boston spot for this location and couldn't have been happier with the choice. Our guests are still talking about the location and the food!! RAVE REVIEWS all around!

Ashley · Married on 04/13/2013

Ashleigh Currier at Steeple Hall was fantastic. She was extremely easy to work with and super helpful. Everything leading up to the wedding was extremely easy and they were super flexible.
    The location itself is a remodeled church and they did a fabulous job with it. It is modern and streamlined while still keeping the classic details. The pictures there are gorgeous.
    It is also a great location... close the Waterfront, town center and a bunch of B&Bs and Inns.
    Finally, pricing was great value!!!! After looking at numerous locations and pricing structures this place had the best pricing for what you get and they never tried to make us spend more than we were comfortable with.
    Thanks so much for helping make our day so special and beautiful.
    Best,
    Ashley & Stefan Chase

Cara · Married on 04/06/2013

My husband and I were thrilled having our wedding reception at Steeple Hall! Ashleigh, who is the private events coordinator did a great job! She is very organized and gave us great advice making sure everything was perfect! We had a budget that we wanted to stick with and Ashleigh gave us several options to keep within our budget. During the reception she made sure everything was perfect at all times. All of our guests commented on how excellent the food was! The service was exceptional too! My husband and I were so happy and there is not a thing we would have changed!

• Aimee R (formerly Aimee B)

Aimee · Married on 09/15/2012

I cannot say enough AMAZING things about our experiece with Steeple Hall at Mission Oak.

We started the process with Kerri O'Neill who is truly exceptional! Megan Whithed came aboard and we felt beyond confident after meeting with her that our wedding would be exceptional.

Megan was superb at allowing us to come by and enter the room whenever needed to assess things along the process. Every email, call and so forth was answered within a day so it always made us feel that much more confident that "we" were as important to them as they were to us in the overall process.

The room, recently renovated, is BEYOND gorgeous and the new chivari chairs really just pull it all together. It's a space you can make your very own but still unique with the space being an old church-a bonus for sure!

The food the evening of our wedding was AMAZING and so many of our guests are still raving! Megan and the staff were SO helpful days before and even the day after helping us to bring over/break down our decor for our wedding day.

We couldn't have asked for a better staff and location to have our wedding. We can't wait to go back. They truly have made us feel like family!

• Amanda D

Amanda · Married on 05/12/2012

This place not only is amazing, but they know exactly how to run events and keep their couples happy. Even though there were changes of position and people there, I never doubted them for a second. Everything was so simple and amazing, and the food was simply great. People are still talking about it three weeks after! The price was great as well, completely reasonable, for what you were getting, even a little cheaper it seemed. No room fee, just food. I would definitely choose them again.