19 Reviews for St. Petersburg Woman's Club

Chairs (1)
Tables (1)
Parking (1)
19 St. Petersburg Woman's Club Reviews

Nancy and Adam helped make our wedding amazing! The SPWC is great because you can use whatever vendors you choose. There are no limits to certain caterers or companies like some other venues in the area. We were able to make our wedding exactly what we wanted it to be. It was very affordable and just the right size. The venue and the location are beautiful.

Profile Picture Hannah, 4/7/18, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Event Rentals, Set Up, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Chairs, Dance Floor, Furniture, Tables

It's a kind of bare bones wedding venue. It's not like some of these hotels that are a one stop shop, but you cannot beat the price! You can bring in any vendor that you wish, which is huge! Some of these places look reasonable until you start to calculate the cost of food from one of the two approved vendors. Bring your own booze too! The 9 hours was the perfect amount of time for our event, including setup and cleanup. Furthermore, Nancy and Adam were a pleasure to work with.

I have always loved the old St pete architecture of this building. My husband (boyfriend at the time) and I had kayaked passed it hundreds of times, it seemed like the perfect place to get married. We are so glad that we did. It was the most amazing place for a laid back, yet elegant St. Pete wedding!

Profile Picture Rachel, 12/31/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The best wedding venue!!! Nancy and Adam were the best 2 people to work with. The flexibility of this venue is amazing. They give you 9 hours for a great price in which you can split up or keep together (for set up purposes or rehearsals), you can bring in any cater and alcohol provider you wish. Nancy promptly responded to ever question I texted her and Adam set up all chairs and tables exactly how I wanted them. If you do an outside ceremony you have multiple options to really get "your look", and depending on the number of guests the venue inside has several options as well. We even had a room upstairs for the children to be babysat while the parents partied downstairs. Everything was absolutely amazing!

Profile Picture User4955365, 1+ year ago, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Amazing venue!! Nancy and Adam made sure our day was perfect! Nothing more I could ask for!

Profile Picture Kaylah , 5/29/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The SPWC, located in Snell Isle, is absolutely gorgeous. The factor that this historical building is still in use is amazing. They have a beautiful landscaped yard, sitting right on the water for breathe taking views. I am so happy we booked this venue. Also Nancy is awesome to work with and is quick with a response when you need her. I am very satisfied with our choice!

Profile Picture Lydia, 5/21/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This is a great venue for our May 2016 wedding! The value and location was great and they allow outside vendors at no charge which was great! The staff is very nice and Nancy the manager who books the venue is wonderful. She's very helpful and quickly responds! Definitely recommend this venue.

Profile Picture Denina, 5/14/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This venue is all I've ever dreamed of and more! Located in a very expensive neighborhood for a very reasonable price, it is a beautiful building with a long history. The inside is vintage looking without appearing gaudy or old, and requires minimal decorating. It's perfect just the way it is! Not to mention the building itself perfectly matches my color scheme. I'll be getting married in October 2016 using peach and french blue, which would normal look out of place in the fall but when used with this venue it will be absolutely perfect! Nancy is amazing to work with, very professional and quick to respond. I can't wait to get married here!

Profile Picture Jessica, 4/8/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Couldn't of imagined our wedding anywhere else! This venue let us put our own ideas and creations into our special day. Nancy and Adam were easy to work with and get ahold of. Our wedding was beautiful and We are so glad it was at the Woman's Club!!!

Profile Picture Kristin, 3/26/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The St. Petersburg Woman's Club made our wedding a huge hit. We had SO MANY compliments on the venue! With the gorgeous sunset and water in the background, everything was just perfect. The venue offers a variety of items, but many items need to be brought in, which is great for a DIY bride. My only main issue with the venue would be that you can't use candles/open flames anywhere, due to the historic nature of the building. Otherwise, I would highly recommend the Woman's Club!

Profile Picture User4085867, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor

The Woman's Club was the perfect venue for my 1/15/15 wedding! We had the ceremony outside overlooking the causeway and the reception indoors. The building and landscaping are beautiful and the price was very reasonable. Nancy ( the spokeswoman) was very kind, and helpful regarding suggestion for decorations, tableplacement etc.

Profile Picture sara, 11/15/15, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor

I absolutely loved this vendor! We had our ceremony and reception at this site. Our ceremony was held outdoors and the reception was inside in the ballroom. Nancy and Adam were so easy to work with! Nancy was very quick to respond to emails. Adam was very helpful with setting up the room and helping me with the layout. Adam called me the week before our wedding and confirmed all of the details. When I booked with Nancy she told me other brides were not allowed to tour the venue on the day of our wedding however, about a month prior to our wedding, Nancy received a request from another bride to have a "rehearsal" on our wedding day. I was somewhat taken back by this change in policy and discussed my concerns with Nancy. She was quick to respond and sorted out the situation. I had previously received clearance to have our rehearsal on Friday, the day before our wedding however, when I showed up, another group was there (not sure if this was the bride from Sunday). Everything ended up okay but you have to be flexible because this venue is in high demand! Every weekend is filled with weddings and other events. We were able to book this venue two years in advance which was very helpful because at that time October 2014 was already filled! If you book with this vendor, book early or check out their calendar online. Such an amazing tool!

Profile Picture Rachel, 10/10/15, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Parking, Uncovered Outdoor

The venue was perfect for our needs. I wanted something close to downtown but affordable. The staff was very quick and responsive to our concerns and needs. I also wanted to be able to have my ceremony and reception at the same venue. My wedding day turned out beautiful there. The venue is putting a lot of effort into painting and freshening up the decorations and you can tell. I received so many compliments on how beautiful the area and venue was from my guests. Thank you so much for everything!
10/3/15

Profile Picture Laurin, 10/3/15, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor

My husband and I searched high and low over nearly the entire Pinellas County area for a wedding reception venue that was not "beachy", a glorified multipurpose room, a country club, had air conditioning, or did not require you to use their vendors/bartender. Wow, we had no idea how difficult of a task that would be. But the St Petersburg Woman's Club fit our bill in every way. It was a little pricer than we wanted to spend, but looking back it's realistically priced and worth every penny. Nancy is so easy to work with - she let us come by several times and always worked out a way for us to take a look at the space to check measurements, layouts etc. Adam was there the day of our wedding and was super helpful as well - making some last minute changes to the layout. In our minds, this venue had everything - the history, the architectural charm and interest (no need to cover the walls in drapes! plenty of places for pretty pictures!), the freedom to use any caterer we wanted, the space to put a live band (hello, stage!), the option to buy our own alcohol, and plenty of parking for our guests. Using the club was such a painless process and our guests all said how pretty it was, that it's tempting to throw another party just so we can be there again. Highly recommend!

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 6/12/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Outdoor wedding with the sun setting overlooking Coffeepot Bayou and the Snell Isle bridge. What a romantic setting. Big Bang for your buck. Adam was amazing in the setup!!! Inside is just as romantic and held over120 comfortably.

Profile Picture Barbara, 12/27/14, 2 Reviews
4.2

This venue doesn't look like it has been updated lately and this might throw you off BUT don't let looks device you!! Once all decor and lighting was in this place it was magical!!! I could not believe how amazing the venue worked out!! Only down fall I experienced was paying for the 9 hour package where I had the venue from 2-11 and the day before my wedding the venue advised me that my vendors would not be allowed in till 3pm bc they had an event from 1-3 this caused a bit of unnecessary stress eventually they figured it out but def not cool! Also, the venue tells you they seat 175 NO WAY!! I had 150 and this was just perfect if you are trying to put anymore than 150 you will have guest walking in between tables and no room to dance! Trust me the venue tells you 175 is possibly, I say NO WAY!! Besides the hiccup it was an amazing venue

Profile Picture User3709653, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Everyone I worked with at the Woman's Club was professional, kind, and prompt to respond to any questions we had. The on-site manager laid out the tables exactly as we had requested.

Not only did the SPWC provide a great value, but they also let us break up our allotted 9 hours over the course of the big day. That allowed us to set up for an hour in the morning so we could avoid the heat of the day right before our early evening wedding.

Profile Picture Sarah, 8/24/13, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I agree with the previous reviews wholeheartedly. However, I think 120 works well in the space. It may depend on the age of the crowd, whether they are dancing a lot or not. The dance floor is small but then it will always look full!

Joanne was wonderful to work with. She recently handed over her role and I'm not sure who is organizing now. Adam is incredibly kind and helpful. The space is great for indoor and outdoor use. There are a lot of warning and rules to listen to but in the end they are all reasonable and workable.

We had our ceremony on the adjacent street along the water. The sunset was beautiful behind us and the chairs were easy to set up on the street. Blocking off the street with the city is very easy, no hassle at all.

The available sound system works well!

the 2 bathrooms are enough for 120 in my experience!

Profile Picture Rachel, 5/4/13, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This venue is amazing. Not only is it on the water and a historical building, it is also an amazing value! Adam was amazing when it can to being flexible with our set up. We had to last night change te ceremony inside because it rained and it was no problem. This venue is beyond perfect. You can bring your own vendors or provide all of your food and liqour yourself if you want. I would recommend to anyone!

Profile Picture kara, 4/21/12, 5 Reviews
4.7

The St. Pete Woman's Club was a beautiful place to have my wedding and reception. It was right on the water in a upscale neighborhood, but still very affordable! Joanne and Adam were a pleasure to work with. It is more suited for smaller intimate weddings, with no more than about 120 guests. I had 100 guests and wish we had a little more room around the dinner tables. Another great benefit of this venue is they include the tables, chairs, and bridal arch, so you can save money on rentals too!

Profile Picture Jessica, 9/10/11, 8 Reviews