Spring Creek Reviews

11 | Gordonsville, VA

11 Reviews for Spring Creek

• Ashley

Ashley J. · Married on 09/12/2020

Spring Creek was an outstanding option

In short, Spring Creek was an outstanding option. Shannon ( the Director of Events) and the team at Spring Creek knew exactly what to do, when to do it, and how do it. They made the entire process so seamless and carried it out with such grace that it left my husband and I with time to travel out of the country just weeks before the reception!!!
    The venue itself is gorgeous and in great proximity to Charlottesville and Richmond. The ceremony room was beautiful - it was decorated for Christmas when we had our reception - there was plenty of room and it backed out to a gorgeous patio and fire pit. The dressing rooms were incredibly beautiful and there was plenty of room to get ready, lounge and enjoy the last few hours before the "I-do's". I highly recommend this venue- you will love the venue, people you work with during the process, and your special day will be even more magnificent than imagined. I promise.

Sent on 01/08/2020
  • Madison

Madison · Married on 08/08/2020

Spring Creek

Shannon is so fun to work with! I can’t wait to have my wedding here!

Sent on 09/27/2019

Spring Creek's reply:

I am so excited also your family is WONDERFUL! Thanks so much for the review ;-)
    Shannon Kenealy
    540-223-2269
    Spring Creek Golf Club

Brooke T. · Married on 09/21/2019

Perfect food, perfect service!!!

Spring Creek catered our wedding on September 21st. They were very professional, prompt, and helpful from start to finish. Skip & Shannon were amazing and were so great to work with!. The food on the wedding day was so so delicious! Our guests are still bragging about the food! We would totally recommend Spring Creek Catering to anyone who is getting married or having a large event! They rocked it!!!

Sent on 10/14/2019

Spring Creek's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words Brooke. We wish you and Dallas all the best! We can't wait to see you again at your brother's wedding in April 2020! Thanks again, Shannon Kenealy
  • Madison

Madison S. · Married on 10/27/2018

Absolutely beautiful and completely flexible!

Let me just say first that we got way more than what we were expecting with this venue. It was 4 months before we were planning to get married and we decided we didn’t like our original venue. I emailed spring creek to just see what they could offer - not actually thinking we could afford to get married at a place like this. The event coordinator could not have been more helpful. They immediately reached out to me to let me know they could make something work out for me and offered their services to get the rest of the details planned out. We went from a rustic outside DIY wedding to a beautiful “country club” esque wedding with a 3 course dinner and the most perfect backdrop in front of the lake! Our coordinator Shannon worked with us through the details and even allowed us to pay out the wedding in increments so we didn’t break our budget. We worked with Skip and Krystal in the kitchen to select the perfect meal. Literally whatever we wanted to be served they could make it happen. They even made our wedding cake and it was one of the best cakes I’ve ever had. If you want a wedding where all you need to figure out is the small details and let Shannon and Skip do the heavy lifting then this is your place. My only criticism is that I wish there were more staff present for the actual wedding day. It would have made some scenarios a little less stressful. The wedding went off without a hitch thanks to the great team there.

Sent on 10/31/2018

Jennifer · Married on 09/13/2018

Absolutely in love with everything from this place!! The best decision was to have my wedding here!! Everyone was super sweet went above and beyond and made my day beyond special! Truly recommend this place for couples who want a spectacular team and venue!! Thank you everyone at spring creek you all are truly the best!!!!!!

Sent on 09/21/2018
  • Shawanda

Shawanda · Married on 12/17/2017

Best experience ever

Generally people describe me as the customer service killer. Everyone always states that weddings are stressful. However, Spring Creek made the process of planning our wedding extremely easy and it was an enjoyable experience. We were able to have multiple meetings to ensure my vision would play out. I was provided with solutions and catered to up until days after the weekend. The staff made sure we would have the best day ever, and we definitely had the best day ever. Beautiful venue and genuine staff. The staff at spring creek is phenomenal!

Sent on 11/05/2018

Spring Creek's reply:

Thank you so much for such a glowing review! You are awesome! We are honored to have been a part of your special day. We hope to host your 20th wedding anniversary party here as well. Best wishes from all the staff at Spring Creek.

Barbie · Married on 11/04/2017

We we're very pleased with using Spring Creek for our daughter's wedding reception. It made everything so convenient with a wedding package and easy for out of town visitor because logging so close to the venue! Pictures around the club area came out wonderful! A wonderful experience on such a special day!

Sent on 07/14/2018

Lauren · Married on 10/28/2017

Spring Creek made our big day absolutely perfect. The staff were amazing and the venue is beautiful! Thank you for giving us a day to cherish forever.

Sent on 01/08/2018

Sarah · Married on 04/29/2017

I got married at Spring Creek in April of 2017. We had our rehearsal at the Sports Club and it was Mexican themed. They did a wonderful job on the food which included fajitas, quesadillas, appetizers, and lots of beer! I worked with Skip anything concerning food and dining. He was absolutely wonderful! The staff there were very accommodating and flexible. I got married at the new clubhouse which was absolutely stunning. Everything went off without a hitch and I couldn't be more happy with the staff there. The ballroom was perfect for dinner and dancing. Once it got dark, the patio was beautifully lit and made for a great cocktail hour. We used the women's restroom for the "bridal suite" which worked out wonderfully. We ordered snacks and sandwiches from the Tavern the day of the wedding. We had 215 guests in the Reception hall which was just enough, anymore than that and it would've been too tight. It was still a little snug, but didn't look or feel too tight. Loved everything about Spring Creek!

Sent on 04/06/2018

Danielle · Married on 09/05/2015

I chose spring creek as my wedding ceremony and reception location prior to the new site being built. I loved working with Meghan who was the event coordinator and she really sold me on this location. She has since turned the coordination part of it over to Dean who is also great to work with. He was happy to sit down with my fiance and I and discuss our expectations as well as give us some great advice as far as what we will have at our wedding. Beautiful new clubhouse will offer many brides a great place to get married!

Sent on 12/05/2014

Jennifer · Married on 11/03/2018

2.8
      2.0

Not the experience you’d expect.

The original event director Heather, was rude and difficult to work with. They send out this wedding video to wow you and reel you in thinking your wedding is going to be this amazing experience with them. I had to email numerous times initially once we decided on the vendor, nothing was followed through with, very poor communication, passed onto another events director a week before my wedding in which nothing was left to her and I had to repeat everything. I had a small intimate wedding of 60-65 guests. I can’t imagine if this had been a large wedding. I was ensured everything would be set up by 9am my wedding morning, when I, my florists, decor and other vendors arrived at 10am nothing was. Over half of the linens and napkins were not even there either. Upon walking in the reception hall one of the ladies cleanings exact words were “I didn’t even know there was a wedding today.” I definitely felt less than valued and that my wedding was the least of their concerns. Fortunately, the food & beverage manager pulled through for everything. Without him I’m not sure how my wedding would have happened.

Sent on 11/10/2018