Southern Hills Plantation Club Reviews

Southern Hills Plantation Club 6
Southern Hills Plantation Club 7

Nina · Married on 06/22/2019

Wedding 2/2019

The location of Southern Hills is beautiful, the staff and Fran were very responsive to our requests and many questions. The wedding was perfect and went smoothly. I would highly recommend Southern Hills to any other brides.

Sent on 02/12/2019

Southern Hills Plantation Club's reply:

Thank you Nina we truly enjoyed being a part of you and Rodger's big day... We wish you all the best.
  • Jessica

Jessica Starbuck Russell · Married on 06/08/2019

Starbuck-Russell Wedding

Would recommend SH to everyone! Quick to answer all my questions and flexible with all our wants and needs ! Wedding day went completely smooth despite the rain ! Fran and her staff went above and beyond to make sure everything was perfect and I couldn’t have asked for a better experience!!!
    The vendors were fantastic to work with as well !!!! Diane from Cupcake Heaven , Jason ( DJ Pond) and photographers Sam and Freddy were simply FANTASTIC! Included are some photos of venue , lighting , cupcakes and photos by Napoleoni ❤️

Sent on 06/19/2019
    Southern Hills Plantation Club 15
    Southern Hills Plantation Club 16
    Southern Hills Plantation Club 17

Southern Hills Plantation Club's reply:

Thank you so much Jessica and Greg we enjoyed working with you and this is probably one of the funniest weddings we have ever had here at SH. We wish you both the best!!

Diana Mongelluzzo · Married on 05/25/2019

A plus service! I asked and they delivered! Very professional.

They made sure our Wedding Day was perdect. Delicious food, gracious servers, and great attention to the fine details. Most beautiful venue and best professional people to work with. The BEST PLACE to have YOUR WEDDING!

Sent on 06/01/2019
    Southern Hills Plantation Club 18
    Southern Hills Plantation Club 19
  • Hanna

Hanna · Married on 05/11/2019

Amazing from start to finish!

Our wedding was exactly as we imagined it would be! Without Fran and the wonderful staff at Southern Hills I don't know what we would have done! From answering my emails promptly to taking the stress away on our wedding day, everything was handled! We stayed at the villas on the property and they were wonderful as well! I can't recommend them enough!

Sent on 05/18/2019

Southern Hills Plantation Club's reply:

Thank you Hanna and Weston for the kind words and choosing Southern Hills for your special day. Many years of happiness to you both.
  • Charity

Charity Wilson · Married on 03/02/2019

My experience with Southern Hills Plantation Club was absolutely wonderful.

I would recommend this venue to everyone. Francis and Joey make sure that everything runs smoothly and you don’t have to be concerned with anything. It was the perfect Wedding!!!

Sent on 03/07/2019
    Southern Hills Plantation Club 24
    Southern Hills Plantation Club 25

Stacey · Married on 02/09/2019

Perfect in every way!

Fran and Joey did everything possible to make our big day amazing! Not only were they incredibly helpful, they went above and beyond! Comforting us when we choked up at rehearsal and helped with hiccups like grooms missing bow ties! They helped bring our wedding day vision to life! Thank you so much Fran and Joey! We highly recommend this venue!

Sent on 02/17/2019

Kourtney Salvarola (Brazeal) · Married on 01/21/2019

Beautiful Venue

Fran and her staff, did an absolute amazing job to make my daughters special day FABULOUS!

Sent on 01/21/2019
    Southern Hills Plantation Club 26

Southern Hills Plantation Club's reply:

Thank you so much Karen for the review we enjoyed working with you and Kourtney, we wish the newlyweds many years of happiness.

Alex Wellings · Married on 12/01/2018

Southern hills plantation

Everything about this venue was perfect. The people, the scenery, the food. Frances worked hard to answer every single one of my questions and keep my calm. I truly did not stress one bit due to this venue taking care of everything for me. I highly recommend southern hills!

Sent on 12/12/2018

Ashley Hampshire · Married on 11/11/2018

Amazing !!!! Would highly recommend

Fran is the absolute best at helping plan along with all of the other staff! I felt at peace throughout the whole process and they were very organized ! Would highly recommend !

Sent on 11/14/2018

Kim · Married on 11/11/2018

A fairytale wedding

From the moment we drove onto the picturesque property of Southern Hills Plantation we knew it would be the perfect place for our daughter's wedding day. After meeting Fran, we sealed the deal! She was amazing to work with during the planning process and promptly answered our countless emails and phone calls with her calm, reassuring voice. Our daughter and (now) husband chose the Ultimate Wedding Package and every detail came together seamlessly. The chef at Southern Hills takes great pride in his culinary skills and our guests were raving about he food for days to follow. We highly recommend everything he prepared, especially the truffle wild mushroom risotto.
    If you are looking for a stunning backdrop of rolling hills and a fairytale wedding come true then we highly recommend Fran and her amazing team at Southern Hills Plantation.
    To have our daughter and son-in-law express that everything was perfect and they would not have changed one thing makes for happy parents!
    (We also recommend Westover Florist, Napoleoni Photography, Cupcake Heaven, A Special Occasion Rental Company, Avalon West Carriage Service, Jason Pond DJ, Femme Akoi Beauty, Patricia's Boutique, Bib-n-Tux Rentals, Davids Bridal Tampa and Zazzle.)

Sent on 11/30/2018

Alysa · Married on 11/10/2018

Perfection

Where do I even begin..?
    My (now) husband actually found the venue, I told him no beaches or barns and he came across the Sputhern Hills Plantation for the golf course. We immediately set up a tour and the moment we drove through the front gate, we knew, but when we met Fran, we were sold!
    Fran, Joey and the team went above and beyond anything I could have imagined. Wedding planning was a breeze, she is quick to respond with any questions and will guide you through each step with such a calmness (which is nice when a wedding mental breakdown happens, haha!!) The wedding day couldnt have gone more smoothly, my guests were so complimentory of the whole night for the beauty, the food and staff. We did opt to do their inclusive package and we are extremely happy with our decision! All the vendors worked together prior and knew Fran and venue, it was seamless! Southern Hills Plantation was more than perfect and I would 100% recommend it to anyone and everyone.

Sent on 11/17/2018

Southern Hills Plantation Club's reply:

Thank you so much Alysa, you were so easy and fun to work with, im so glad you chose Southern Hills

Jessica · Married on 11/10/2018

Phenomenal

The venue is absolutely breathtaking! I am so excited to get my photos back because the sunset was beautiful! The venue also offers many different areas that the guests can choose from to relax and enjoy the night. Many of our guests sat out on the veranda and enjoyed the cool air and sunset, and some enjoyed dancing the night away.

You can tell that the entire staff enjoy their jobs! The chef made delicious food that had everyone raving. He even made our cake and hit it out of the park! He really went above and beyond in every aspect; he packed us a to-go dinner in case we didn’t get enough to eat.

Francis and Joey were hard working, positive, and calming. They were extremely organized and willing to help in any way. My table setting were incorrectly set up by the wedding decorator and they went out of their way to fix them before any guests arrived!

We also rented the villa next door which made getting ready super easy and relaxing. It was decorated beautifully and was very clean. It was so convenient to leave the wedding, take a short walk through the parking lot, and crash!

It is without reservation that I recommend southern hills for any wedding or party! You will not be disappointed!!!!!

Sent on 11/25/2018

Southern Hills Plantation Club's reply:

Thank you Jessica for the kind words it was a pleasure working with you. PS i loved the music choices you picked.
  • Hannah

Hannah · Married on 10/28/2018

Perfect Night!

Everything was perfect on our wedding day thanks to the beautiful venue! Frances and Joey were so helpful every step of the way as they led the event. Frances responded to my abundance of emails within hours throughout the entire wedding process. They made sure to accommodate all of our requests to ensure that everything went as we imagined. The food was delicious and there was more than enough to make sure everyone left full! Frances even packed up our leftovers at the end of the night and had them ready for us. The ceremony on the lawn was absolutely breathtaking and the balcony allowed for a beautiful view of the sunset. Stop searching for the perfect venue and book at Southern Hills!

Sent on 10/31/2018
    Southern Hills Plantation Club 27
    Southern Hills Plantation Club 28

Southern Hills Plantation Club's reply:

Thank you Hannah you and Sam were a pleasure to work with Congratulations on your beautiful day and future.

Lisa · Married on 09/29/2018

Our wedding reception at Southern Hills was absolutely perfect! The food was so so good, everybody is still talking about it! The views from the Club House were just breathtaking. And Frances. As a bride, Frances saved my life lol! She’s so helpful and calming! She gave me peace of mind that everything would be fine and always responded quickly to my random crazy emails. And she was right. Our wedding day was perfect!

Sent on 10/07/2018
    Southern Hills Plantation Club 29
    Southern Hills Plantation Club 30
    Southern Hills Plantation Club 31
    Southern Hills Plantation Club 32

Southern Hills Plantation Club's reply:

Thank you so much Lisa it was a pleasure being a part of your big day

Claudine · Married on 05/12/2018

Frances did a great job of working with us and the different venues. I really feel like I had the wedding that I envisioned. All of the recommended vendors were awesome. DJ Pond was so great that when the night was over a family member offered to pay for an extra hour so that we could continue to dance and party. The food was amazing the chef really came through when we told him we wanted ribs. All of my friends and relatives say that my wedding was one of the best weddings they had ever attended. The ceremony was perfect on the lawn. The food was great....and the party was something my guest will never forget. I had friends and family fly in from all over and I really feel like they were very happy that they did not miss out on such an amazing party. The pictures I will treasure forever. I had a dream wedding and I am so grateful to Frances for helping to make my dream come true.

Sent on 05/21/2018

Southern Hills Plantation Club's reply:

Thank you so much Claudine your family and friends were so much fun!!

Vanessa · Married on 05/06/2018

Words cannot express how much Fran and all the staff at Southern Hills Plantation made our wedding the "dream day"! From the food, ( which was the bomb!) to the view, to decor, to professionalism I am forever in gratitude to all the people at Southern Hills, especially Fran. She made my day not only less stressful, but she was helpful and compassionate and helped me each step of the way (she got many phone calls lol). This was one of those fairy tale weddings, that everyone whom was there, will always remember and talk about! If you are looking for a dream venue don't overlook this one!

Sent on 05/24/2018
    Southern Hills Plantation Club 38
    Southern Hills Plantation Club 39
    Southern Hills Plantation Club 40

Southern Hills Plantation Club's reply:

Thank you so much Vanessa and Nate we loved every minute of working with you both.

Deziree · Married on 03/10/2018

We got married March 10, 2018. This venue was amazing. Everyone worked very hard to make things perfect! Could not have asked for nicer people.

Sent on 03/24/2018
    Southern Hills Plantation Club 41

Mark · Married on 03/04/2018

We had our first wedding for our youngest daughter at Southern Hills. After visiting many different venues from Clermont to Clearwater, FL. we are so happy that we decided on Southern Hills. From the wedding ceremony that was held out on the green looking down the fairway with a beautiful sunset to the incredible food. Everything was perfect. Yes, I am the dad who footed the bill and a former New Yorker who said everything was perfect. Their service was outstanding and Francis is the Director of Food and Beverage who is also your wedding planner from heaven. They handle every single aspect of the function flawlessly. Nothing to ask for, always on top of things or a step ahead. Talk about taking the headache out of planning your wedding, they know the ABC's of how to have an incredible wedding. We must also give Chef a 10+. His food presentations and flavors were absolutely perfect. We had a lot of family and friends who are used to eating in lots of fancy high end restaurants around the country so the bar was set quite high. I am so happy to say that the food was incredible and everyone was thoroughly impressed. It was also a great advantage to have the ability to utilize the condos that are onsite for the wedding party and family.
    If you are looking for an incredible venue, with people that actually individually care about your happiness and the success of your wedding look no further. Give Francis a call. Keep up the great work and thank you for those incredible memories that we now have.

Sent on 03/06/2018
    Southern Hills Plantation Club 42

Southern Hills Plantation Club's reply:

Thank you so much Mr. and Mrs Yunka you dont know how much that means to hear it from you...

Rachel · Married on 03/03/2018

Words CAN'T explain my treatment, as a bride, at Southern Hills!! My wedding day was one of the best days of my life! I recommend Southern Hills above all. If your looking for a venue, Trust me, this is the place to go !! :) It's beautiful inside & out ! If u get the all inclusive package, you will not be disappointed bc they give u options to some of the best amenities in central Florida for your day. Every employee who works here (every!!) is kind, sweet & has an awesome personality. Frances, the coordinator, was by my side through every step of the way -everyday!! Anytime, I had a problem, question or concern, Frances was attentive & helped guide me through it all. I love this woman, she's amazing !! It's a long story but we switched venues. We're so glad bc we saved $15,000 by doing so -We found Southern Hills ultimate package was so much cheaper than most venues & their package is all inclusive. When we visited Southern Hills, I fell in love ! It's elegant and beautiful. I had to change my date bc my Mawmaw's very sick. In the end, we ended up planning the whole wedding in only 6 weeks. This included sending out invites, the cake, decor & flowers. I wouldn't reccomend this but Frances assured me w/her help, it's not going to be a problem. She is so helpful! Without her, joe or Nick, I would've been a hot mess! I was treated like a princess from the moment I walked through the door up until the moment I left. What floors me is they had a wedding the day after mine! I was treated by ALL the staff as if I was the ONLY BRIDE IN THE WORLD !! I met Nick & Joe the night before the ceremony. Not only r they gorgeous but so sweet & have serious decorating skills! They took the decorations I brought in & turned the place into a fairytale ! The day of, they made sure every last detail was perfect before the ceremony started! They even ran to the store & bought bobby pins to pin my hair up! Nick joe & Fran will make ur dreams come true!!!! I love this place!! :)

Sent on 03/07/2018
    Southern Hills Plantation Club 50
    Southern Hills Plantation Club 51
    Southern Hills Plantation Club 52

Southern Hills Plantation Club's reply:

Rachel thank you so much you will always be remembered as my Julia Roberts (the runaway bride) I loved every minute of helping you through this and having a new friendship with you and Lonnie xo

aylen · Married on 01/14/2018

Beautiful, elegant, and affordable!!
    We just had our daughter’s Quinceañera here on 01-21-2018, and we cannot be happier with Frances and her staff!! They are all amazing! I would definitely recommend this beautiful venue, delicious food, and very easy people to work with. Thank you for making this special moment for our daughter a night she will never forget!

Sent on 01/24/2018
    Southern Hills Plantation Club 58
    Southern Hills Plantation Club 59
    Southern Hills Plantation Club 60

Southern Hills Plantation Club's reply:

Thank you so much Aylen your daughter was so beautiful and you and your family were so wonderful.

Randi · Married on 01/13/2018

Our daughter was married at this beautiful venue a few weeks ago. The Event Coordinator, Fran was fantastic!!! The staff during our event were professional, polite and accommodating. The food was out of this world. My husband and I couldn't have wished for anything more for our daughter and future son-in-law on their special day. If I could give Fran and this venue more than 5 stars I would. They deserve it. I highly recommend this venue for any special occasion.

Sent on 01/21/2018

Southern Hills Plantation Club's reply:

Thank you so much Randi i enjoyed working with your family

Megan · Married on 01/13/2018

This was the perfect venue and Fran was fantastic! From the start of the planning process Fran was always available to support and answer questions. Her vendor suggestions helped us find wonderful quality vendors to make our big day amazing! Southern Hills was beautiful inside and out and that flexibility helped when our weather wasn’t the best. All of our guests enjoyed the facility and how everything flowed from one room into another. The on site villa was beautiful and my bridesmaids and I had the opportunity to stay the night and get ready on site which eliminated stressful travel day of! If you are looking for a beautiful facility with options to truly make your wedding Day your own thenI highly recommend Southern Hills and working with Fran!

Sent on 01/21/2018
    Southern Hills Plantation Club 61

Thank you Megan you are the most organized Bride EVER xo

Gabrielle · Married on 01/04/2018

Fran and her team were absolutely amazing! They made our day perfect and made every step easy and seamless! Cannot thank you all enough!

Sent on 01/08/2018

Aimee · Married on 12/30/2017

Frances was the ideal coordinator for my wedding ! She was everything we needed and more: professional, timely, kind, and unmistakably experienced. From day one she was so prompt and helpful whenever I had a question - no matter how random or obscure - and even allowed me to visit a countless number of times leading up to the wedding day. She knows how to really organize and keep a perfect flow during the ceremony and reception, making sure everyone is where they need to be and all is in order. I trust her so much and if you are a potential bride reading this - you will too! I couldn't have imagined getting married anywhere else besides the beautiful Southern Hills Plantation Club.

Sent on 01/08/2018

Southern Hills Plantation Club's reply:

Aimee, Thank you so much you're to kind.