66 Reviews for Southern Hills Plantation Club

House Wine (5)
Indoor (4)
Plated (4)
House Liquor (4)
All Inclusive Packages (3)
In-House Catering (3)
Dessert (1)
Family Style (1)
Specialty Beer (1)
66 Southern Hills Plantation Club Reviews

Beautiful, elegant, and affordable!!
We just had our daughter’s Quinceañera here on 01-21-2018, and we cannot be happier with Frances and her staff!! They are all amazing! I would definitely recommend this beautiful venue, delicious food, and very easy people to work with. Thank you for making this special moment for our daughter a night she will never forget!

Photos
Profile Picture aylen, 1/14/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our daughter was married at this beautiful venue a few weeks ago. The Event Coordinator, Fran was fantastic!!! The staff during our event were professional, polite and accommodating. The food was out of this world. My husband and I couldn't have wished for anything more for our daughter and future son-in-law on their special day. If I could give Fran and this venue more than 5 stars I would. They deserve it. I highly recommend this venue for any special occasion.

Profile Picture Randi, 1/13/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

This was the perfect venue and Fran was fantastic! From the start of the planning process Fran was always available to support and answer questions. Her vendor suggestions helped us find wonderful quality vendors to make our big day amazing! Southern Hills was beautiful inside and out and that flexibility helped when our weather wasn’t the best. All of our guests enjoyed the facility and how everything flowed from one room into another. The on site villa was beautiful and my bridesmaids and I had the opportunity to stay the night and get ready on site which eliminated stressful travel day of! If you are looking for a beautiful facility with options to truly make your wedding Day your own thenI highly recommend Southern Hills and working with Fran!

Photo for Southern Hills Plantation Club Review - Best day ever!
Profile Picture Megan, 1/13/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Fran and her team were absolutely amazing! They made our day perfect and made every step easy and seamless! Cannot thank you all enough!

Profile Picture Gabrielle, 1/4/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Frances was the ideal coordinator for my wedding ! She was everything we needed and more: professional, timely, kind, and unmistakably experienced. From day one she was so prompt and helpful whenever I had a question - no matter how random or obscure - and even allowed me to visit a countless number of times leading up to the wedding day. She knows how to really organize and keep a perfect flow during the ceremony and reception, making sure everyone is where they need to be and all is in order. I trust her so much and if you are a potential bride reading this - you will too! I couldn't have imagined getting married anywhere else besides the beautiful Southern Hills Plantation Club.

Profile Picture Aimee, 12/30/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning

Frances Hamlett runs this venue for weddings and helped me every step of the way. I gave her the image I had in my head and she offered so many ideas and made the night perfect! She was there from beginning to end and even fixed my train throughout the wedding! She suggested horse and carriage entrance which wowed everyone. She was truly amazing and the venue is gorgeous!!!!

Profile Picture Kimberly, 12/17/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

This venue has everything you are looking for. The outdoor ceremony overlooking the golf course was perfection. I defended a swooping staircase before heading down the aisle. The reception was perfection. In addition to the great team (thanks Joey & Frances!!!), the venue setup flows perfectly. The bar room is great for cocktail hour and appetizers. It has a beautiful balcony attached to it. Guests had a blast watching the sunset and glimpsing at the final moments of the photographer session. The ballroom allows for a variety of table set ups. It can fit larger groups or can provide an intimate space for some smaller weddings. The attaching room was great for dancing. In my opinion, guests enjoy dancing more when they don't feel like people are sitting and watching them. The separate dance floor area was ideal. It also allowed people to have quieter spaces where they did not have to shout over music. The food is perfections and delicious. We were blown away by it. Frances, the coordinator there, answered all of my many questions and emails. She was very patient and helpful. This venue also had adjacent condos that can be rented. This was great to stay the night before the wedding and provided an ideal space to get ready on the day of.

Profile Picture Paige, 12/2/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Absolutely gorgeous location! Food was delicious! Frances was very helpful and responsive to my many questions and emails. I highly recommend this place.

Profile Picture Kristina, 11/25/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Server(s), Parking, Wheelchair Access

We held our wedding at Southern Hills on November 12th and it was absolutely fantastic. We had looked at other locations prior to finding this one and feel so lucky that we did. The venue is gorgeous and the view of the golf course is stunning. Our buffet choices were delicious, the staff was very attentive and Frances Hamlett the wedding coordinator is so fabulous. Fran made sure everything was perfect and was always prompt and professional in response to my regular inquiries:)
I highly recommend Southern Hills, you won't be disappointed.

Profile Picture CHRISTINA, 11/11/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

SoutherHills was such a beautiful place for my wedding. Frances and her team were so accommodating to any last minute changes that I wanted. They were there with me step by step to make sure everything ran smoothly. Normally wedding food is just "ok" but ALL of my guest raved about how good the food was. If your looking for a place with beautiful views this is the place! Everywhere you look it is pure beauty. I highly recommend this place if you are looking for a one of a kind place that your guest will be raving about!

Profile Picture Amber, 11/4/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

I had a wonderful experience! I highly recommend Southern Hills Plantation! I did the package which took a lot of headache out of finding all the vendors. Everyone was professional and accommodating! The day was perfect!

Profile Picture Cristina, 7/1/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

First Class! Everything was Absolutely Perfect for my daughters wedding day.
Francis was fantastic to work with. We look forward to many more memories at Southern Hills
Highly recommend this wedding venue.

Profile Picture Sabatina, 5/20/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our wedding and ceremony at Southern Hills, and it was easily the best choice we made for our entire wedding. We had the Ultimate Wedding Package, in which Fran suggests vendors that she has hand-picked and that know the venue very well. It made selecting a vendor team so easy, and every one of the vendors we picked were top-notch.

Fran was lovely to work with through the entire process. She made planning a wedding extremely easy and stress-free on my end. We have been told multiple times by several people that our wedding was one of the best (if not THE best) and most beautiful weddings they have ever been to. I was looking for classic/traditional theme, and Southern Hills matched that perfectly.

It ended up raining on my wedding day, so we had the ceremony on the veranda. Looking back, I would almost request a veranda ceremony regardless of the weather, because it worked out perfectly and was still stunning. The live musicians didn't have to change location in between the ceremony and cocktail hour, and the shade definitely made the heat tolerable. I honestly believe that we didn't have to sacrifice anything for our contingency plan. Some guests were surprised that the veranda ceremony wasn't even the original plan!

We also got raving reviews about the food. The chef at Southern Hills is extremely skilled in his craft, and everything from the tasting to the cocktail hour and dinner buffet to-go boxes he assembled for my husband and me were delicious. We live about an hour away, and will still be returning for dinner there in the future!!

If I had to do it all over again, I would chose Southern Hills (and ALL the vendors Fran recommended) in an instant. Fran made it so easy for us to have the wedding of our dreams!

Profile Picture Julia, 5/13/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Scenic Views, Uncovered Outdoor, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, All Inclusive Packages, Clean Up, Event Planning, Event Rentals, In-House Catering, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'Oeuvres, Outside Cake, Server(s), Tastings, Chairs, Dance Floor, Furniture, Tables, Parking, Wheelchair Access

I don't know how often the mother of the bride posts on this site, but I'm still wonderfully amazed at the beautiful wedding Fran Hamlett organized at Southern Hills. There are not enough stars to do them justice. The venue is elegant and beautiful. The staff there is warm, friendly and very helpful. My gratitude extends to Napoleoni Photography, Westover's Florist, Elegant Events Party Rentals, Cupcake Heaven, Nature Coast Entertainment and Vanity Box Salon. They all made the day beyond special, and that is with 5" of rain that day! The vendors all know each other and work together seamlessly. The food was outstanding - guests are still talking about it! Thank you everyone for making my daughter's day so wonderful and memorable!

Profile Picture Katherine, 5/13/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, DJ, Entertainer, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Photography, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

FRAN AND STAFF WHERE AMAZING MY DAUGTHER WEDDING WAS 4/29/17 THERE ARE NO OTHER WORDS BUT PERFECT

Profile Picture joann, 4/29/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Parking, Wheelchair Access, All Inclusive Packages, Bridal Suite, Event Planning, In-House Catering, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Chairs, Dance Floor, Furniture, Tables, Buffet, Hors d'Oeuvres, Outside Cake, Server(s)

Southern hills was the first venue I looked at. I actually had two other appointments that day with different venues. But after seeing this one, I knew it was the one for me. I absolutely loved every part of it and I'm so happy we went with them. Everything was beautiful and exactly how I imagined my wedding. Fran was always very informative in helpful. Anytime I emailed her (which was all the time) she always responded quickly and had an answer for me. You will not be disappointed with this place!!!

Profile Picture Mary, 4/22/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Perfect place for a southern wedding overlooking the golf course! The team was very flexible and willing to help in any way they could. Frances is amazing!

Profile Picture Sara, 3/25/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I are extremely happy with the results of our wedding here! The venue couldn't have been anymore picturesque and the building was even beautifully lit! The chef was willing to make certain changes to the food we chose, the waiters were curtious, friendly, and family oriented. Frances was quick to respond to all emails and correspondence leading up to the wedding and she was very knowledgeable about vendors (photographer, horse/carriage,etc) in the area and what has looked great, in the past, at Southern Hills, but never tried to persuade us to use a vendor we didn't choose ourselves! The day of our wedding she was there every step of the way from leading the way for our horse and carriage entrance (which I totally recommend!) all the way to helping our family gather our stuff that we were taking home! We couldn't have asked for a better experience!

Profile Picture April, 3/18/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our dream wedding at southern hills. Frances and the whole staff always made sure everything was going just perfect. We couldn't of been more thrilled with the way our day turned out! Our big day was all that it was with the help of southern hills. Thank you sooo much

Profile Picture Brittany, 3/18/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

We looked at every venue in a 100 mile radius that could provide outdoor / indoor ceremonies. The personal attention and detail that Fran & her team provided was second to none. Everything was perfect. The grounds and back drop are beautiful. If you are looking for that perfect venue and a staff that will work with you every step of the way, Southern Hills Plantation is the place. That's why we give them a 5 star rating.
Wayne & Laurie K.

Profile Picture Wayne, 2/4/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Officiant, Photography, Wedding Cake

I just got married on Saturday January 21, 2017. I could't have asked for a better day. The wedding was perfect. Fran was great and very accommodating. Besides my minor meltdown about the lost boutonniere it was fantastic. Fran went above and beyond to make sure my fairy tale wedding was amazing. The main water line broke in the city of Brooksville so we didn't have running water at the venue. Fran should have shut the place down and she didn't. They literally had a fire truck outside filling 10 gallon jugs and filling the bathroom toilets and had 2.5 gallon jugs of water by the sinks for hand washing. I had no idea that it even happened. My guests had nothing but positive comments. They loved the food, the view, and some of my guests even played golf there that morning and said that was amazing. I got everything I asked for an even more! We are still talking about it how great it was.

Profile Picture Tara, 1/21/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'Oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Uncovered Outdoor, Bartender(s), Cash Bar, Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Specialty Wine

I just had my wedding here 1/14/17 and it was everything I could have wished for!! The venue is absolutely stunning and Francis was very helpful! Especially the day of my wedding. Thank you for making the day perfect!

-Deanna

Profile Picture Deanna, 1/14/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

This venue was Amazing, Our guests are still talking about what a perfect wedding it was! From start to finish a wonderful experience. Frances Hamlett was very easy to communicate with and answered all of my questions quickly and was super accommodating to allow vendors to ask questions and visit location and such. Everything ran so smooth because of her and her amazing staff, It was beautiful and the food was also Delicious even the pickiest eaters said it was excellent. So basically there are not enough stars to adequately rate this venue and the staff. They exceeded my expectations and made my daughter's Wedding unforgettable! Thank you Southern Hills Plantation Club!
I highly recommend this venue.
A very pleased Mother of the bride!

Profile Picture maria, 12/11/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Officiant

Southern Hills is the most beautiful venue there is in Florida! The views are amazing the staff is wonderful and the food is DELICIOUS! Frances will work with you through everything and will make sure your day is everything you dreamed!

Profile Picture shanna, 12/10/16, 1 Review